Author Topic: The Best Motivation  (Read 580 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
The Best Motivation
« on: April 15, 2022, 11:59:17 PM »
Have you ever wondered? Not wandered. Wondered.

Wondering is a fickle furious monster that can do one of two things.

It can eat at your very soul and make you doubt that every single move you made that has lead you to a single moment.

OR

It can motivate you and make you so dangerously hungry that suddenly you are something to be feared.

And there are certain individuals out there that would love to see you keep your head down and watch as the doubt crosses you and turns your light dimmer and dimmer until it finally snuffs you out completely.

Aren’t you lucky that despite my trials and tribulations I will not let anyone EVER do that? If anything, I will smile brightly, step up, show you the pretty little bird on my middle finger and take my beating.

I have never EVER backed down from a fight and I’m not about to begin now. Why?

Because I have so much more to prove.

Besides, who else is gonna give Kristjan a run for his money everytime there is some amazing chocolate in catering.

What? I can't work ALL the time.

International Date with Destiny
San Jose, Cali

It was nice being actively traveling again after almost 2 years of going back and forth between both coasts. The pandemic was starting to loosen its grip on the world with still some cautious assessments going on. And rightfully so, the damn virus was never going to fully go away but Bella had never thought that being so jetlagged would be like a familiar blanket that was enjoyable.

There was a moment there that it felt like things wouldn’t even remotely feel like they would get back to a sense of normal, this was a welcomed change back into their lives. Especially because New York found itself in a weather rollercoaster that is typical of any early spring in the northeast, meanwhile in San Jose the weather was nice enough for a trip to the beach to just rest, gets some sun and Luka get her high energy out before they gave her off to her parents for a few days. Because the Gods are calling and it was time to make her mark on Greece in high style.

She sat on the beach, watching her husband Malachi currently goofing around with their husky Luka and one of her favorite toys to toss around, a frisbee. Mal spent the current moment playing keep-away from her as Luka showed off her impressive leaping abilities and she was almost able to snatch the plastic disc from her dad’s hand. Mal would reward that with him letting Luka get a step and with a light toss that would send the frisbee down the beach followed by an impressive catch.

Nice catch!” Bella said from their spot as she watched Mal get Luka to come back with a whistle. Luka would drop the disc at his feet before he would pick it up and throw it towards Bella, which sent the pup barrelling her way. Bella was able to catch it before Luka got to her and was able to keep Luka from tackling her over but not from the kisses that she’d get from Luka, “AH! LUKA! SHTAP!

She’s just sayin ‘Good Catch’!” Mal quip as he jogged up with a laughter in his voice. Bella finally gets the pup to calm down before she sits up and glares at her husband and his shit-eating grin.

The least you could have done is warn me!” she said, swiping the slobber and sand from her face and arms. “Blech...that’s a shower coming.

He just continued to laugh as Luka snatched up her frisbee and began to gnaw away at it, “Then she would have cut it off and where was the fun in that?

Bella just rolled her eyes as Mal took his spot next to her. Bella finished wiping the sand away looking down at their happy little husky, “She is getting really good with that frisbee.” she said, and Luka looked up at her with her tongue hanging out, “Maybe we should sign you up for some competitions, eh?

That brought a look from Mal over his sunglasses, with a question in those blue eyes of his, “There are actual dog catching frisbee competitions?

Just like in that Flight of the Navigator movie I showed ya.” Mal gives her a look, “What?

Shaking his head, “Of course you’d find a way to fit in a damn Disney movie reference somewhere in this conversation.

Bella just smirks at him, “You love it.

Sometimes, I really wonder.” Bella scoffs at him, before he kisses her on the cheek, “Kidding.

She just turns and looks at him, looking over her sunglasses, “You better be mister or I’ll leave you here and go and enjoy Crete without ya.

Over my dead body.” Bella goes to say something, “I know, I know...that can be arranged. How about I make it up with one of those slush drinks you like so damn much.

That perks her up, “Ooo, yes please. Lemonade if they have it, if not I’ll take Cherry...NO! Blueberry.

Alright, alright. I’ll be right back.” Luka goes to stand up as if he was going to take her with him, “No, you stay.

Luka gruff barks at him and turns back to her toy, “I think that’s her way of saying ‘whatever’ but grab her some water. I ran out after your run with her.

He gives her a quick salute before jogging off, getting in “You’re so damn lucky you're cute.

That brings a bit of a giggle to her lips as she sits back and enjoys the view of the Pacific Ocean. Luka seems to be content in the damage she has done and brings her head over onto Bella’s lap to get some scratches. “Whatcha think, Luka? Think Crete will be something amazing?

Luka’s dual color eyes just stare at her for a moment almost giving her the look as if to say “Really?”

I swear, sometimes I forget you are a dog.” Bella says, sighing. “Don’t worry, girl. Mom is alright. Just been kinda hanging out in left field lately in SCW and suddenly here we are, heading back to Greece for this triple threat match against a very determined Kat Jones and Ms. Jon. Being a part of SCW for the length I have, I have always been able to get these things out and not feel like suddenly I am not sure about any of it.

They are both so extremely talented and I seem to be almost floundering. But I know that all I need is one strong moment and suddenly I am right back into the hunt. Whether it’s World, Internet or Roulette title hunts, I need like hell to flip that switch and suddenly I am right there again.” Bella looks back at where Mal went to see he’s still with the vendor, “He would tell me that there is nothing I should fear and just go out there and be the badass that I am but I’m almost wondering if that is enough anymore.

I have to step my game up. I want to finally get over this hump that shoves me head first into every wall. Somehow, someway I’m going to get my way on to Into The Void if that means I have to beat those two women senseless.” Bella huffs for a moment, “I’m done playing nice. And if that means I’ve gotta break a few spirits along the way then so be it. Not for nothing, my motivation has to be that I am absolutely over the fact that I am done wondering if I am good enough. Because I know for an absolute FACT that I am better than good enough.

From behind her Mal smirks and he clears his throat, “You’re right.” Bella shoots around as he hands her her drink, “You are the absolute best.

She raises her glass, “And it’s about fucking time I prove it.