Author Topic: Slow boat to Knossos  (Read 561 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Slow boat to Knossos
« on: April 15, 2022, 10:54:23 PM »
Question…What happens when you make a name for yourself?

Answer…You get a shot at adding to your fame.

Tagline:  A slow boat to Knossos 

A car can be seen approaching a ferry that can be seen outlined in the sunset over the Aegean.  It joins the line of vehicles and behind the wheel is a redhead that has a dark hat on her red curls and has a light blue jacket over a red tee and a pair of dark denim jeans.  Soft music can be heard as she beats her hands against the steering wheel of the small compact car she is driving. 

Getting to the gate, Sam Marlowe smiles up at the attendant who has his hand out for her ticket. 

“Good evenin’ sir,” she calls out as she hands it over to the man then is motioned to drive onto the ferry. “I can’t wait to head over to Crete, I am one of the wrestlers for SCW and we have a show there Sunday night.  Are you wrestling fans?”

The man looks down at Sam and slowly shakes his head.  Her smile fades slightly but then brightens once more as she can hear a voice from behind him.

“You are Sam Marlowe!” exclaims the other man in the toll booth.  “I have tickets for Athens’s show coming up.  Where are you going?”

“I am headed to Crete.  SCW has a show there Sunday and I am in a match that night.  I am pretty sure that everyone flew over to be there or will be but I learned about this trip so I booked myself on the ferry in a cabin for the overnight trip,” Sam offers as she pulls out her phone and then brings up the wrestling card for Knossos.  The attendant whistles at the card then motions for her to move ahead. 

Sam puts the car into gear and drives to the ramp that sends her onto the ferry.  She is guided to park the car near a cabin that is hers. Getting out of the car, she locks it and then moves to the cabin.  She smiles to see the bed that she lays a small rattan bag that most tourists seem to carry.  It spills on the bed revealing a book, sunglasses and a small makeup bag.  Sam pulls the hat off and tosses it beside the bag. 

Turning at the sound of the ferry’s horn, Sam exits the cabin and moves towards the deck.  The sky begins to darken and stars begin to flicker in the twilight.  Sam watches her step as she moves to the railing to look towards where she thinks Crete is.  The sun meets the sea which colors the waters in bright pinks and velvety purples.  Sam hugs the rail looking forward but lost in own thoughts.

Inner monologue:

Once again Sam, you get yourself into the title picture and once again you get accused of favoritism.  Dang it all, why can’t anyone see that maybe just maybe I am put in the title picture because I have earned it with everything that I have done.  Does no one look at what I have accomplished?  I am sure that Krystal will be saying something about me being given another undeserved shot. 

Then of course, there will be Mercedes talking about our history.  I guess Greece is a good place for her to be considering the historical significance that it has.  But it also gives her carte blanche to talk about how historically she has beaten me so much that I am no longer a challenge.  Well that was the old Sam if you ask me.  I have turned over a new leaf and I am out to do my best. 

Oh and the other person in the match.  Myra Rivers is a sweetheart that I have the most respect for.  I mean she has the best reason to win this match.  She was a very strong internet champion and set records as that title holder…she is going to be the one to beat.”

Sam looks up at the darkness with the lights twinkling back at her.  She smiles wistfully before a soft breeze sends some curls into her face.  Reaching up, she brushes them away and behind her ear before turning and heading towards the side of the ferry where she sees dolphins playing and jumping in the wake of the ferry.

Wow who would have thought that lil ole me would be put in a number one contenders match for the Bombshell World title.  Hey, if I am honest, it was a complete surprise to me to see my name in that match for the contendership.  Don’t get me wrong, it feels right but I didn’t ask for it nor am I going to waste the opportunity to maybe do something that I haven’t done in quite a while and that is challenge for the bombshell world title.

I am sure there are those naysayers out there.  You know the ones…talking about how I don’t deserve to be in the match.  It is too soon since my return.  I am not good enough.  I heard them all and I have to tell you that if I was hearing them before, they would do a number on my confidence and I would not put my all into the match because I was sure that I would lose because that is what they said I would do.

Enough is enough!

This time I am not listening to those words of discouragement.  I don’t care what they say, I am coming with the intention of taking the match and moving on to face Roxi Johnson at the supercard.  Not because I don’t deserve the shot but because I am actually am deserving of it.  I have built up a career in SCW that is second to none.  I am a multi-time champion, I am a hall of famer, if you ask anyone if I deserve this shot, they would agree with me.

So, one has to ask, what are my thoughts on my competition in this fatal fourway.  Let’s talk about them shall we?

First, Mercedes Vargas, a woman well known to me.  The two of us have fought many a time and have traded titles back and forth.  If I had to say which of my opponents knew me the best, it would have to be Mercedes.  Which means that I know her the best as well.  She could almost be considered one of my nemeses here in SCW.  She is the one that worries me the most because she and I have had many matches so she will see what I could be attempting even before I execute it.  That makes her a danger to say the least.  And that also means that I need to take her more serious for that fact but I also know that I can beat her and I definitely will do my best to in Knossos.

Then you have Krystal Wolfe.  The bombshell that began to break my records with the Roulette title and made sure to rub my nose in it when she did.  Did I care?  Not really but it was an annoyance that she talked a big game when she faced bombshells she could easily beat.  The truth Krystal hurts, doesn’t it?  You never faced me for that title, did you?   No you didn’t and the more you talked about it and the fact you were better than me just begged the question of what would happen if you ever did face me.  And we found out that when it came to facing me in the ring, the result was something that couldn’t stand.  You thought yourself unbeatable and the first time I faced you, what happened hmmm?  That’s right, I beat YOU.  In the middle of the ring and there was nothing you could do about it.  And now we are in the same match again and again I have to ask you if you are ready to be beaten once more.  It is a fatal fourway and I am sure that you will say that if you lose it was because you weren’t the loser if someone else perchance got pinned.

See, that is all you are about…bragging when you win and excuses when you lose Krystal.  And we both know what it is going to be after Sunday.

Finally, I have to talk about my last opponent, Myra Rivers.  Of all of us, one could actually say that she is the favorite to win the match.  I bet you are wondering just how I can say that when I am supposed to be confident and ready to win the match that I was put into.  I am not a dreamer, I am a realist and I know just what kind of wrestler Myra is.  We saw her advance to the finals of the Blast from the Past. We have seen her with a stranglehold on the Internet title.  I am not ashamed to admit that she has my respect for her skills and her abilities.  She could be said to be the one that will be the person that could go all the way.  Granted that she has the three of us trying to beat her as well but if I don’t win this match, she is the one that I want to see facing Roxi in Athens.

This week, we are competing in a fatal fourway that will anoint the next challenge for the Bombshell World title.  It will be a match for the ages for sure.  And I am looking forward to it more than you can imagine.  It will be a feather in my cap to have just come back and be able to win a shot at a champion.  Heck, it is a feather in my hat just to be put in this match. 

So, good luck ladies, I will be seeing y’all Sunday.