Author Topic: Failure  (Read 519 times)

Offline Alexander Raven

• View Profile
Failure
« on: April 01, 2022, 08:09:43 PM »

“Failure. It’s become part of me, hasn’t it? The reality of my situation, is a lot of bluster, and few actions to back it up. I’ve been champion before. I’ll be champion again. You can guarantee that. I will put the Bulldog down, champion or otherwise. I don’t like leaving the book open. I always get my receipts, one way, or the other. Yet, I must acknowledge. Failure. Bluster and hot air flows from the mouth of the confident false one. Yet I seek the truth and attempt to be more than what I should. I attempt to dig into the minds of those around me, yet there is a shift. The mind has become tempered to the slick words of the manipulator. The snake of the garden of Eden has been silenced by the power of the alien mind, if you will. I am old in that regard, despite my youth. Similarly to Bulldog. Whereas he talks straight out of the 90’s and wrestles it too. I talk through the visage of a snake. A tried and true technique, it crawls under the skin of all but the most tempered. That is my downfall. That is my failure. I’ve become reliant on a technique, that by oneself, is failing. Lessons. Even the most ascended figures, need learn. Lessons to be learnt, to avoid failure. Truth to myself. To the son of a boxer, rather than the spawn of the snake.”

“Reality takes this as it’s one truth. Only the psychopaths are truly unaware of the world around them. Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over and expecting a different result. I have done the same thing for ten god damn years, and wonder why the result does not change. Failure, upon failure. I’ve done nothing but crawl in the skin of the weak willed and simple minded, and in doing so, disconnected myself from the very reality I spew. I have disconnected myself from the existence I pretend to emanate. I am but a simple man, of simple focus. Fists of flesh, blood and bone. The hammer of the body, doubled. I grew up, knowing the power of a boxer’s fist. I learnt on streets of violence and solved altercations with the hammers of the body. I was, if nothing else. A consistent, violent, individual. Guidance was given to me. A guidance for the anger, the rage. James showed a world that accepted that rage. I didn’t hide behind fancy words, and manipulation. I didn’t need to. I could fight, and so I did.”

The click of a lighter. The spark of flame. The sizzle of a cigarette lighting. The clink of glass on wood, a glass rested upon a table. The deep inhale, then the exaggerated exhale. Alexander Raven was sat a small round table, high set. Planted upon a high stool, cigarette hanging loosely from his mouth. A spotlight illuminated the scene, the world around him blackened.

“I will get my receipt on you Bulldog. Champion or otherwise. I will grow, and I will learn. For the One True King must do so. I am the messiah of the broken, and the messiah, must know the truth, to guide his Conspiracy. But that leads me to this weeks Climax Control. Miles Kasey. Someone who mirrors me in some ways. Failure at the apex. Failure at success. A failure, who needs to learn. Climax, we will learn together, won’t we? Development, is important for men like us, Miles. Development of mind. Development of thoughts. We will, develop. We will learn. Yet in this, there is one thing that will be true. That will remain the truth. That will remain our reality. Miles.”

A smile spreads across Raven’s lips, the smoke billowing from his mouth. Obscuring his face. He lifts the glass from the table, to his lips. Swallowing down the contents in one, deeply inhaling once more, before another slow, exaggerated exhale.

“Miles. I don’t have much to say this week. I’m sore. I’m tried. I’m exhausted. Yet, that doesn’t matter. I will step into the ring with you. I will beat the flesh and blood, against flesh and blood. I will focus, I will learn. I will develop. My mind is elsewhere. My mind is on, other things. My mind, escapes me. A break, Miles. You will be my passport stamp. You will be the last stop before I find my focus. Before I find my own apex. Win or lose, it doesn’t matter. I will use you, Miles. For my own improvement. I don’t have to much to say this week. My mind is elsewhere. I apologise for being less than. I will make up for it, Miles. I will make up for it, I promise you. So please. Do not hate me, for the pain I will bring. Do not hate me, for the loss that I feel. Do not hate me, for giving you something less. It is not intentional. It is not your fault. The truth, Miles. Is that I just don’t care about you. I don’t care about any of this. I just, don’t give a damn. I need, to refocus.”

The click of the lighter one more time. The sound of bulbs smashing. Then…

Darkness.

Silence.