Author Topic: Favorite Crime  (Read 598 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
Favorite Crime
« on: February 25, 2022, 06:23:32 PM »
“INTENTIONS.”
DAYS UNTIL THE MATCH: 6.
SCENE: i
REC

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2022
TIME: :30 P.M.

Mikah had spent most of the morning and afternoon working out and training with Mac Bane in order to prepare for their upcoming match on Sunday. She sighs as she pulls the hair tie from her hair as she walks into Kris’ place. She felt sweaty and just all around gross and she wasn’t entirely sure what her boyfriend was doing at the moment. She makes her way to the bathroom and starts the shower before undressing her and stepping into the shower, letting the hot water hit her body.

About twenty-five minutes later, she steps out of the shower and wraps a towel around her body before using another one to wrap around her hair before grabbing her dirty, sweaty clothes and walks out into Kris’ bedroom and deposits her clothes into a dirty hamper before removing the towel from her hair and tosses it in next, letting her damp blonde locks fall down her back before she walks out of Kris’ bedroom and into the kitchen to grab something to drink. Preferably a strawberry Gatorade. She finds one that she’d stashed in the fridge and opens the lid and takes a drink from the bottle before jumping when she turns to her right to see Kris standing there and she drops the bottle of gatorade on the floor, spilling it all over the floor when she chose to grab her towel instead of hold onto the bottle..

;;MIKAH “Fuck. You scared me.”

She looks at him before making a face at the pink colored drink still spilling from the bottle. She quickly reaches down and grabs the bottle and picks it up and sets it in the sink before looking around and grabs a few hand towels and tosses them on the floor to mop up the gatorade.

::KRIS “I was wondering if you had heard me come in. Apparently not.”

He laughs, and moves to help her start to clean up the mess. There was no part of him that was even bitter about it. It had been a long time since there were people around to regularly make messes of his place. At first he had called it a perk of the travel. He had found himself missing the domestic stuff lately though

;;MIKAH “You’re still pretty quiet on your feet.”

She looks at him as they both work at cleaning up the mess she had accidentally created. She squats down, her knees together to grab the wet towels and she makes a face before tossing them in the other side of the sink.

;;MIKAH “I literally didn’t mean to drop the gatorade. I guess I could have dropped the towel instead…Now I have to wash my feet…again.”

She looks at the messy towels in the sink before she shakes her head with a smile. She looks down at her feet and moves them a little to gauge the stickiness of her feet.

::KRIS “Well, I wasn't trying to startle you so that makes us even. I wouldn't have complained if it were the towel instead.”

A smirk crosses his face as her reorganizes his mental picture around that thought.

::KRIS “I mean, less sticky floor, more nude you. It really would have been a win-win for me, and I could use that. Things have been boring today since you were busy with tournament stuff.”

She gives him a pouty look for a moment before smiling softly at him. She wasn’t sure what he did when she had to focus on training with Mac or doing whatever else she had to do for the tournament.

;;MIKAH “You could always come down and watch, you know….I wouldn’t mind and I doubt Mac would either.”

She raises an eyebrow at him before scrunching her nose at him a little bit. SHe adjusts the towel a little bit before looking at him.

;;MIKAH “Well to be fair, I wasn’t entirely sure it was you when I saw you there. Or if you were alone and I try not to let anybody but you see me naked.”

She looks down at the floor and picks one of her feet up to test the stickiness and makes a face at the noise it makes.

;;MIKAH “Do you have a maid for that?”

She gives him a teasing smile.

::KRIS “I do, but she's me and really only does it to wear the outfit. Never got much cleaning done...”

He looks slightly up and left as if he was trying to picture a fond memory. A stupid smile comes across his face before he shakes it away and looks back to her.

::KRIS “...wait, what were we talking about?”

Mikah gives him a look before smirking and shaking her head as she looks at him.

;;MIKAH “We were talking about how good that one restaurant is. Just down the street….”

She winks at him.

::KRIS “Yeah, but there is that one sign on the door about people with sticky feet dressed in a towel. I don't think they appreciate it.”

She opens her mouth, but he cuts her off. He had given her the 'Kris' answer but had learned better than to leave her hanging without a real one.

::KRIS “I mean you could go get ready, I can clean the rest of everything up, and then we could totally do that if you wanted.”

She closes her mouth as she looks at him, that look of admiration appearing in her eyes. Sometimes, she got busy with SCW stuff and with training with Mac that she sometimes forgot how much she adored him.

;;MIKAH “Getting dressed is probably most ideal; I wouldn’t want anybody to drop by unannounced and get a view of something they shouldn’t get to see. However, we do not have to go out; we can order in. So people don’t have to see my sticky feet.”

She raises her left foot up and that sticky noise can be audibly heard. She makes a face at the sound.

;;MIKAH “That’s almost the worst sound. Other than hearing my upcoming opponent’s voice.”

She makes a face at the thought of who her and Mac had to face on Sunday before looking at Kris.

;;MIKAH “You sure you still don’t mind me being in this tournament?”

She probably asked him once a week if he minded or not and his answer was usually the same but she wanted to check in.

::KRIS “God no! I would probably have to be doing something productive if you weren't. I guess I could have joined it myself, but that hasn't ever gone well for me. Plus, the last time I won a title shot that I didn't want I had to go beat Jack and be the World Champion again. No thanks. Too much responsibility.”

She could tell he was enjoying just being around to team with her. It was the best of both worlds for Kris. He could be better than everyone else in the mixed tag division without any of the added pressure. It was time that they got to spend together, and that is what mattered to him now.

::KRIS “Now that Amber is out, you don't even have all that stiff of competition to get through either. You'll be Bombshell Champion again in no time.”

She makes a face at his own comment before looking around.

;;MIKAH “No thanks. I’m literally only in it to get the boss to admit that I’m his favorite. And if I win the championship….I’ll sell it for money.”

It was probably a lie but she wasn’t sure she wanted the Bombshell Championship anyways.

::KRIS “Now you sound like me….”

Maybe after all the time they had spent together they were starting to rub off on each other. They had started to meet in the middle of the gap that used to be between them.

::KRIS “You definitely could go all the way through. You have to know that, right. You got a great partner. The good teams keep dropping. The rookies are still somehow alive. All things are pointing at you and Mac taking the whole thing.”

She shrugs her shoulders, not seemingly willing to admit that she’s going to win the tournament with Mac as her partner. She still had the tendency to look at things with a glass half empty type of way.

;;MIKAH “You know that we have to face Mark Cross and Kat Jones this weekend….right? It’s not like that’s a completely easy task.”

She was very well aware that he was aware of that. She also wasn’t sure if Cross was all hype or not but he had won two years in a row, even if last year’s win was based on a technicality.

;;MIKAH “He’s won twice and I have lost every time that I’ve entered. The odds don’t scream in my favor.”

She makes a face before offering him a smile.

::KRIS “There are no odds in Blast from the Past. It is the luck of the draw. Either the teams work, or they don't. You have one that does work. That is a huge advantage. Other people might get through a round or too, but the wheels always come off. It is about a lot more than just being good. ”

Maybe he was just trying to build her up ahead of an important match like any supportive significant other should do, but it sounded genuine. It felt like he believed that the next few rounds were just a formality.

;;MIKAH “Maybe….and while I do believe that Mac and I work well together…”

She stops for a moment and looks at him before scrunching her nose at him.

;;MIKAH “But definitely not better than you and I…there is still a possibility of him and I losing on Sunday.”

She looks at him before offering another smile before taking a step closer to him to close a little bit of the space in between them.

;;MIKAH “But I do miss you..”

She looks up at him, smiling again.

::KRIS “I am around...”

He shrugs. Either he was actually content sitting on the sidelines, or had worked diligently on his pokerface to hide it from her.

::KRIS “Just not trying to be in the way. We are good. It doesn't matter how well you do in the tournament, we have been undefeated for years.

She gives him a small smile as she looks up at him. She had been wrapped up in her own schedule as of late and trying to coordinate everything with Mac, Kris, and her kids who were still in Hawaii with Ruby. She sometimes felt like all the traveling from the mainland to Hawaii was a little much but she sucked it up. She chose to move her home address there and she wasn’t going to complain about it now.

;;MIKAH “You are never in the way. Ever.”

She reaches up and gently cups the left side of his face with her right hand. She leans up and lightly presses her lips against his before pulling back.

;;MIKAH “If anything, you need to be in the way a lot more.”

She wrinkles her nose at him.

::KRIS “That is what Mark and Christian keep telling me too. Apparently if people call me out I have to "do the right thing" and go out to address it. It all seems like a hassle.”

She could tell that for Kris it was more lack of excitement than anything else. He enjoyed going out as a team, but had long outlived his days of wanting to do more than that.

::KRIS “...if you make it to the finals they are definitely going to make me do something profitable. No way I get a free ride through the Supercard.”

Mikah shrugs her shoulders, a smirk spreading across her face as she looks at him.

;;MIKAH “After Mac and I win the tournament and the boss has to admit that I’m his favorite Bombshell of all time, I’m sure I could have some strings pulled. . .but that doesn’t really help you for the supercard, does it?”

At first, it had been a running joke that she was Mark Ward’s favorite but now that she had the opportunity to make him say it, she wasn’t going to let it slip up.

;;MIKAH “You could just sit ringside. Throw things at people. Be an annoyance to everybody else. I’d find it entertaining.”

She winks at him.

::KRIS “You know how people are. Me being out there would turn into a problem. People would make it seemed like I was jealous, or something stupid like that. I don't want to be a distraction during a match. There's been enough of that in the tournament already.”

The fact that he was able to take a step back from the spotlight in order to support her was nice, albeit suspicious.

::KRIS “...and it's not like I am going to be strong armed into that match with the crazy's kid. Talk about a lose-lose situation. I would rather stay at home than do that.”

She raises an eyebrow at him before laughing a little bit.

;;MIKAH “Ah…the resident nutjob’s offspring. I don’t think any of that family is right in the head.”

She shakes her head at the thought. Mikah had her own issues with Crystal or Christina, whichever name she was calling herself nowadays. But she couldn’t really focus on the resident nutjob if she wanted to win the Blast From the Past tournament.

;;MIKAH “I don’t mind distractions if they come from you…”

She had been adamant on Twitter that she wasn’t going to be focusing her energy on a crazy person that she’d already beat thousands of time. It wasn’t worth her energy nor was it worth her time.

::KRIS “Either way, as soon as Blast from the Past is over they are going to want to get a shot at us. I am not sure we can avoid it.”

The words themselves sounded as flat as he felt about it.

;;MIKAH “Well, we don’t have to worry about them right now. We just have to worry about me and you. And the fact that I’m the boss’ favorite.”

She moves closer to him a little bit.

;;MIKAH “But you are most definitely my favorite.”

“FAVORITE CRIME.”
DAYS UNTIL THE MATCH: 2
SCENE: ii
REC

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2022
TIME: 6:45 PM

The scene opens up to what appears to be an empty warehouse of some sort with Mikah kneeling/sitting with her legs in the w position in the middle of what appeared to be a pool of blood. The white jeans she was wearing was stained with the “blood” and her blonde locks had a little splatter of it in on her ends and her bare torso had some “blood” splatters on it as well. With the skinny jeans, she had paired a crop top tank top that was black and ribbed. Off to her left, it showed the shadow of a “body” and laying in the pool of “blood” to her right appears to be a baseball, coated in blood.

;;MIKAH “Here lie the hopes and dreams of both Kat Jones and her tag team partner, the most annoying person on this planet, Mark Cross.”

She looks down at the “blood” before looking up with just her eyes, a smirk crossing her face as she leans back just a little more than she already was. The smirk was something people who knew her would know what is about to happen.

;;MIKAH “I really tried to stop myself….”

Her eyes flicker to her left where the “body” was before she looks back at the camera.

;;MIKAH “But I couldn’t help myself; I couldn’t stop it.”

If the camera moved over just enough, it would be evident that the “body” was just a dummy of some sorts that Mikah had rented for the purpose of this promo.

;;MIKAH “But this blood….it represents every dream, hope, and desire that Mark Cross and Kat Jones have hoped to achieve in this tournament. I can’t say that I’m excited to face the on Sunday, because if I’m being honest, I kind of hoped to meet them in the finals…”

She shrugs her shoulders as she looks at the mess again, her eyes scanning the surface. She then flickers her eyes back up to the camera. She breathes evenly and slowly as she looks into the camera lens.

;;MIKAH “But as the cards have been laid, it didn’t happen that way and their demise is going to be on Sunday night in the main event against Mac and myself…”

She leans forward just a little bit, the camera moves with her as she looks at her reflection in the “blood”. She tilts her head to the left before smirking at her own reflection.

;;MIKAH “And there’s no complaints I have against Mac Bane as a partner. Because he has been nothing but fantastic. He puts in the work and he gets shit done; he doesn’t do any of that other shit that I’ve seen a lot of people do. And I can definitely respect the way he works in the ring and how he chooses to get things done. He and I are a lot alike in some ways but in this tournament, we both know what we want out of this tournament. We both understand what’s at stake here for the both of us. However, in this specific match, I would say that there’s more on the line for Mac than there is for me. If he gets pinned by the bonehead, he loses his championship so we have to make sure that doesn’t happen. I couldn’t bear the thought of Mark Cross winning this match and advancing in this tournament at the expense of Mac and I.”

She moves her hand and splashes at the blood before sitting back up straight, “blood” splatter now on her face from her hitting the “blood.”  She didn’t seem to mind at the moment as she looks at the camera once more.

;;MIKAH “I understand that Mark Cross has won this tournament the past two years. However…”

She pauses as she closes her eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath.

;;MIKAH “Last year, he won on a technicality. He originally lost with his first partner. He got a second chance last year that a lot of people didn’t get. So technically he can lose in this tournament because he already did. So history says that it can be done again. And I have all the faith in Mac that he can handle whatever the annoying prick throws at him; even if it is just him running his mouth all the goddamned time.”

A look of annoyance appears on Mikah’s face as she brings up the fact that Mark annoys her. She reaches up and runs her fingers through some of her blonde locks, streaking it with red as she does so.

;;MIKAH “Mark and I have never been in the ring against one another and yes, I know that we’re not allowed to face one another but we’ve never been against one another via tag teams or in the history of this tournament. And that was probably for good reason because there’s no telling what I would try to do to him if I could. I’d honestly like to try but I’m sure that I won’t get that chance on Sunday. Because it’s basically me versus Kat and Mac versus the annoying prick. Which, is clearly the point and I am used to mixed tag team wrestling now but it doesn’t mean that I don’t want to slap the taste out of Mark’s mouth or break his nose to remind him that he’s not better than me and he is as annoying as I tell everybody he is. About as annoying as--.”

She stops herself from going where she was about to go; she wasn’t that person. She was trying her best not to bring up her opponents’ personal lives when it came to her promos. She hated when people used her personal life against her, so she was trying to make it a point to not use theirs against them.

;;MIKAH “I’m not going to sit here in this blood and deny that Mark hasn’t won this tournament before and that he’s not good at it because history says that he is. But do you want to know what’s different this year? This go around?”

Another smirk crosses her face as she looks at the camera before looking up into the rafters of the warehouse and then focuses on the camera in front of her again.

;;MIKAH “He and Kat have to go through Mac and I. This year? I have a fucking great partner. I have the fucking best partner in this tournament. Is that a bold statement?”

She shrugs her shoulders.

;;MIKAH “Maybe. But is it true?”

Another arrogant smirk crosses her face.

;;MIKAH “Of course it is. Mac wouldn’t be the world heavyweight champion if he wasn’t the fucking best. And since he is the champion, that makes him the fucking best partner in this tournament this year. He is the partner that everybody should have wanted their name paired with when the bosses did the drawing. But I got the lucky pick this year. And this time? I’m here for a reason.”

She takes a deep breath before looking back at the “blood” before looking back at the camera and slowly standing up, being careful not to slip once she’s standing up.

;;MIKAH “And I’ll remind you all of what it is, even though I’m well aware both Kat and the annoying prick should know what it is.”

She is careful to stand still, not wanting to slip and fall. She was sure that neither Mac or the bosses wanted to deal with a concussed Mikah.

;;MIKAH “I am going to make Hot Stuff Mark Ward tell everybody that I am his favorite Bombshell that there ever was or has been in this company. Do I care that I’m going to earn a shot at Amber for her Bombshell Championship? No, absolutely not. I don’t care about that championship but I will love stepping into the ring with her because she’s the one to beat…”

She winks at the camera.

;;MIKAH “However, there’s a reason that I’m the best Bombshell that has ever been a part of SCW. It’s because I know how to get shit done in that wrestling ring. It’s one of the few places that I feel most comfortable and where I know how to do what I do best and that is dominate. Do you think I made the Bombshells go on strike in January of 2016 because I was a Sam Marlowe in the ring? Abso-fucking-lutely not. They went on strike because I’d held the Bombshell Championship for nearly nine months at that point and not a single fucking one of them could beat me. They tried to say it was because of “unsafe” working conditions and that I was drinking before my matches but I never drank before any of my matches that I was booked in. They were using that as a crutch to hide their annoyance that they fucking sucked compared to me.”

She shrugs her shoulders as she moves a little bit and the camera goes black for about five seconds and cuts to a new scene where Mikah is seen sitting in the ring in the Reno Events Center. She is dressed in a pair of distressed blue jeans and her ‘Bring Back Simon Jones’ crop tops. She doesn’t miss a beat from where she last left off.

;;MIKAH “And what does my history have to do with this match coming up on Sunday?”

;;MIKAH “Nothing really but I want Kat to know who she’s stepping into the ring with. I’m not Masque nor am I any of the previous opponents you’ve faced here in SCW. And  I know that you know of me. Your name has rattled around before SCW and I believe that I know a few of your friends more than I know you. I do not believe that you and I have ever stepped foot against one another in a wrestling ring before…”

She is hesitant for a moment before looking at the camera before looking around.

;;MIKAH “I could very well be wrong because I don’t remember everything and while I have nothing against you, Kat, this Sunday it’s going to be business as usual for me. And because I fucking can’t stand your tag-team partner. If anything, I must do whatever it takes to ensure that your tag-team partner doesn’t advance to the next round. And if that means that I have to beat you to do it, I will.”

;;MIKAH “I have no doubts in my mind that you know exactly what you’re doing when you step into a wrestling ring. If your family is, Mac, I have no doubts in my mind that you’re well trained in that ring. Because he takes his training seriously; this past Monday proved that. And I have every ounce of faith I can that you’re going to bring it on Sunday. Because I know that you want to make a name for yourself here in SCW and you want that shot at Amber’s championship. And why wouldn’t you? It’s what all of the Bombshells here in SCW want. But…I’m…different.”

She shrugs her shoulders again.

;;MIKAH “You see…I’ve held that championship three times before and it was fine, it was fun being on top for a while. But after awhile, the anxiety sets in. The anxiety of when you’re going to lose it sets in and it’s always a thought in the back of your mind that it could happen at any given moment. And then that anxiety brings on the anxiety of what happens when you do lose it? How will people think of you then? If I’m being honest, it was a headache that I didn’t enjoy. But I know what you’re feeling, Kat.”

She gives an empathetic look to the camera. Or the best empathetic look she could muster.

;;MIKAH “I signed my contract for SCW in November of 2014. I was the Bombshell Champion by May of 2015. With a two and a half month hiatus from the middle of February until the end of April. So essentially, I had been active in SCW a grand total of three and a half months before I won the championship. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that that is the quickest rise to the top of the company. I’m sure the walking record book will correct me if I’m wrong.”

She rolls her eyes in sheer annoyance before looking back at the camera and focusing on it once more.

;;MIKAH “I understand that you want that for yourself and winning this tournament could give you that. However, you’re not going to go any farther. I can’t let it happen because there is more on the line for me on Sunday than there is for you. And you can bet I’m going to do whatever it fucking takes to ensure that Mac and I walk away victorious on Sunday.”

She smirks again.

;;MIKAH “It’s going to be the perfect crime on Sunday. Because Mac and I are going to win and steal the tournament win from your annoying prick of a partner. And this is not your fault that you have that annoying prick as a partner weighing you down but I just….he can’t win again. I can’t sit through another year of his annoying tweets about he’s sooooo good at the Blast From the Past tournaments and he just…he doesn’t need to win for a third time. He doesn’t need it. SCW doesn’t need another transitional champion when they already have the BEST transitional champion sitting amongst their roster.”

She winks at the camera. She knew that there were a select few of people that would catch who she was talking about. Specifically those who follow her on Twitter. They would know.

;;MIKAH “You’re just a casualty in the way of what I need to do on Sunday. And honestly? It’s nothing personal. I used to run with a ruthless group of men, who taught me not to be distracted by personal feelings and I can’t let anything else distract me from what needs to happen on Sunday. And no matter what happens or how I feel about you personally, Kat, I’m going to have to smash your face in.”

;;MIKAH “Or crush your trachea, if need be. I don’t care if we’re friends or if we’re not, you and the annoying prick are standing in the way of what I need everybody to know in roughly twenty-three days. And I’m not sorry that you’re going to have to be eliminated from the tournament because I’m better. Mac and I are the better team.”

She shrugs her shoulders again.

;;MIKAH “Only one team can advance to the finals. And it has to be Mac and I. It’s not personal for you Kat but for the annoying prick, it might be. I need to get him to realize he’s not as good as he thinks he is. And he needs to be put in his place. And I fully expect Mac to put him there.”

She smirks once more.

;;MIKAH “I hope you’re both ready for Sunday. Because we all don’t have a choice.”

She winks at the camera, her arrogant smirk still plastered on her face.

;;MIKAH “Ciao”