Author Topic: Champagne Problems  (Read 546 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
Champagne Problems
« on: February 04, 2022, 11:01:45 PM »
“WHAT A TIME.”
DAYS UNTIL THE MATCH: 7.
SCENE: i
REC

SUNDAY, JANUARY 30, 2022
TIME: 10:30 A.M.

Mikah groans as she lands on her back after a botched move that she was working on. She’d found a ring in Honolulu and was doing her best to do better with her training. Of course, she didn’t show any signs of ring rust but she wanted to keep her skills up to par with her current co-workers. And sometimes, that meant learning new moves. And learning how to team with somebody other than Kristopher. She had invited Ally and Ally’s husband, Liam to Hawaii so that they could train and so that Ally and Liam could spend some time together without their children, Axl and Lilly. Mikah was grateful that Ally was close with her parents and that her parents jumped at being able to spoil their grandchildren for a week or so.

;;MIKAH “Why did I decide to enter this tournament? I should have just stuck to teaming with Kristopher.”

Mikah stares up at the ceiling as she tries to catch her breath. She looks over at Ally, who was leaning against the ropes with a smirk on her face. Ally had managed to get somebody that was training in the center to do a mock tag team match with them. Ally was teaming with the stranger and Mikah was teaming with Liam, who was not very forgiving of Mikah’s mistakes in the ring.

::ALLY “Because you want the boss to admit you’re his favorite. And you really love proving everybody wrong. It’s in your DNA.”

Mikah presses her lips together for a moment before sitting up and looking over at Liam, who was holding an annoyed on his face.

::LIAM “There’s no small talk in a wrestling match, ladies.”

Mikah shoots him a slightly dirty look. Sometimes, his moodiness and impatience got on her last nerve. It was often why she usually only hung out with Ally when they were in town or around.

;;MIKAH “You do realize that this isn’t a real match, right? You don’t have to be such a dick.”

Mikah and Liam around one another were always explosive. She thought he was a narcissistic asshole and he thought that Mikah was an entitled bitch. Liam gives her a look, clearly not wanting to put up with her shit.

::LIAM “Ally and I can go home you know. We don’t have to help you get used to somebody else’s style of teaming.”

Mikah’s eyes narrow in the direction of Liam and she gets up and walks over to him, getting in his face. She wasn’t intimidated by him in the slightest.

;;MIKAH “I didn’t ask for your help! I asked for Ally’s help.”

Mikah didn’t get a chance to say anything else as Ally gently pulls her out of her husband’s face. Mikah shoots him a look before folding her arms over her chest as she looks at Ally.

::ALLY “Both of you calm down.”

Ally gives her husband a look and Mikah gives him a smirk while his head was turned.

::LIAM “She’s acting like this is a gossip session, not a training session.”

Mikah rolls her eyes in irritation as she looks at him again.

;;MIKAH “You think I don’t know that this is a training session? Are you fucking stupid? Clearly you’re not Mac Bane; he’s definitely way better in the ring than you.”

She didn’t care if she wasn’t helping her situation out by picking a fight with Ally’s husband. She didn’t like to be talked down to. Or talked to as if she didn’t know how to compete in a wrestling ring; she had been doing it since 2007.

::ALLY “Come on, you two. Now is not the time for you two to get into it. Mikah, we’re here to help you get the feel of not having Kris as your tag team partner…”

Mikah rolls her eyes.

::LIAM “Yeah, you can’t bat your eyes at Bane to get him to do what you want; he has a wife and won’t be seduced by your charm.”

Mikah raises an eyebrow at him and rolls her eyes again. She was never one to back down from an argument. Especially an argument with Liam.

;;MIKAH “It’s a good thing I was never going to try to sleep with him, then isn’t it? I’m also pretty sure he looks a lot different than Kristopher. But I didn’t know that you were talking to Danielle Weston. That’s good to know.”

Mikah knew that he wasn’t but she also was well aware that Liam knew how to get under her skin. He knew that Dani saying what she said almost three months ago had somewhat bothered Mikah and he was going to use it against her.

::LIAM “I’m not friends with anybody that works for SCW. Or anybody that really wrestles anymore. But she was right. You do seem to hop around from bed to bed.”

Ally gives her husband a look, trying to get him to stop but Mikah just laughs and shakes her head.

;;MIKAH “Maybe from my bed in Hawaii to Kristopher’s bed in San Diego. But I thought you were better than that, Liam. I thought you were above slut shaming since you have a young daughter and are raising her to be a strong, independent woman. But apparently not.”

Liam was never fond of Mikah’s dramatics but he couldn’t deny that she was right there. He sighs and gives her a look before looking at his wife.

::LIAM “Alright, fine. You win. I’ll stop as long as you promise to stop as well….I don’t think it’s necessary that you and I are at odds right now.”

Mikah shrugs her shoulders but stops mid shrug, realizing it was an action she frequently did. She was still trying to be a better person and it was definitely a work in progress.

;;MIKAH “Alright, fine. Let’s not talk about it. Let’s just get back to the match or whatever.”

Ally smiled in relief before they each get back in their respective corners to restart.

;;MIKAH “I’m still not sure how this is going to help me….Liam and Mac’s styles of wrestling are different.”

She wasn’t worried about Mac not carrying his weight or whatever but more about how they were going to work together. She had a history of not playing well with others. She even hadn’t played well with Kristopher for a while. But it was different this time for the tournament; she liked her partner and respected him. And she didn’t have to worry about his dedication to the company or to the sport either; he portrayed that more than a lot of other people in the company had. Admittedly, probably better than she did herself.

::ALLY “No, but you’ve also stated before that you do not play well with others. And you’ve also stated how you only like teaming with Kris. This is going to hopefully help you work through that. And then we will work on your social skills.”

Mikah scowls a little at the thought and folds her arms over her chest once more with a pout present on her face.

;;MIKAH “My social skills are fine.”

Ally laughs a little at Mikah’s stance and the way she was pouting.

::ALLY “Mikah, you do not like people. And I know that you prefer to lock yourself in your hotel room with Kris when you travel to shows. And prefer not to leave your locker room when you are at the show.”

Mikah looks at Ally before feeling Liam nudge her and she turns to give him a look but sighs. She knew that she could talk with Ally after they were done with training. They get back to work, working on it for a good hour before Mikah collapses down on the mat, breathing heavy and hard as she looks over at Ally who collapses next to her with a smile. Liam rolls his eyes at the two women before leaving to go use the showers in the locker room.

;;MIKAH “How did you know that I isolate myself away from others? Other than with Kris, obviously.”

Ally looks over at her friend with a smile on her face.

::ALLY “You have never been the biggest people person. When you worked at that bar in New York City right after you moved there, you even hated the people there. But you did the job because you needed the money.”

Mikah gives Ally a sheepish look. She didn’t think that she was that predictable. But how could anybody blame her? She always enjoyed the bubble when it was just her and Kristopher when they were on the road.

;;MIKAH “I didn’t realize that I was that predictable. However, I don’t think I’ll change that much. Maybe just not isolate myself during the tournament; Mac deserves a lot better than that. Do you think…Kris is going to feel left out?”

She was sure that Kris was going to be alright with her being in the tournament. However, it wasn’t like he had much of a choice now. It was too late. She’d already entered and hre name was drawn and then Mac’s name had been drawn next.

::ALLY “Are you planning on ignoring him during this tournament?”

Mikah gives Ally a look as if she was crazy.

;;MIKAH “Of course not! If anything, I’ll probably try to spend more time with him. I just…don’t want him to think that I’m abandoning him and our team for this tournament. Or to try to be the Bombshell Champion again.”

Ally raises an eyebrow at her.

::ALLY “Isn’t that part of the reason?”

Ally was sure that Mikah would want to at least try to see if she could win the Bombshell Championship for a fourth time. Mikah presses her lips together as she stares up at the ceiling, thinking about the possibility of facing Amber Ryan or whoever is the Bombshell Champion by the time this tournament is over. Mikah finally looks over at Ally and shrugs her shoulders.

;;MIKAH “And deal with all the stress and anxiety that comes with being the champion? I don’t think so. I really just want to hear the boss admit to everybody that I’m his favorite Bombshell. It’s my goal for this year. Also, I really want to be able to stop that annoying twit from winning for a third time.”

Mikah rolls her eyes in sheer thought of that happening for a third year in a row.

::ALLY “I’ve never heard anybody say that they didn’t want a championship shot.”

Ally chuckles at the thought of Mikah turning it down.

;;MIKAH “I’m not going to turn it down, obviously. I’d like to see if I can beat Amber but it’s not a necessary for me. If it happens, great. But it’s more important to me to hear Mark Ward admit that I’m his favorite. Everybody already knows it anyways.”

At least, that’s how Mikah saw it anyways. She had tunnel vision when it came to seeing things the way she wanted to.

::ALLY “Your opinion.”

Mikah smirks over at Ally before sitting up.

;;MIKAH “And in forty-nine days, it’s going to be a fact. Plus, I’m already a champion with Kristopher. That’s definitely more important and it’s why he and I returned to SCW. It wasn’t for me to potentially get a shot at Amber’s championship.”

Ally sits up as well and watches as Mikah pulls her hair off of her neck and makes a face at the sweaty feeling of it.

::ALLY “But what happens if you and Bane win the tournament and you get the shot at Amber and you win? What will you do then? They won’t let you hold two championships…”

Mikah presses her lips together at the thought of having to give one of the belts up. She looks at Ally before standing up and tugging at her bottoms, pulling them out of places where they didn’t need to be.

;;MIKAH “You know who’s problem that is?”

She smirks as she looks over at Ally before helping her up.

::ALLY “Who’s?”

Mikah chuckles as she looks around before they both get out of the ring to walk to the locker rooms. Mikah didn’t like to shower at the gym but she also didn’t want to get sweat in her new Tesla.

;;MIKAH “Future Mikah’s. Not mine. I just have to worry about winning on Sunday. One step at a time, you know.”

Ally nods her head as they walk into the women’s locker room of the training facility.

::ALLY “You’re still going to have to make that choice. But you’re lucky you have forty-nine days to delay the inevitable. Or less, depending on if you lose before the finals.”

Mikah’s eyebrows furrow together at the thought of losing the tournament. It wasn’t something she really wanted to think about. She had it in her head that her and Bane were going to win it all and usually, when she set her mind on doing something, she did it.

;;MIKAH “It’s a good thing that Bane and I are going to make it to the finals then, isn’t it? There isn’t any other choice that I will accept. Everybody else is just going to have to deal with it. Maybe it will feel like when I made all those Bombshells go on strike.”

She smirks a little at the thought and Ally shakes her head. They both gather their things they need for the shower before walking into the area with the shower stalls.

::ALLY “Sometimes I worry about what goes on inside that head of yours. You shouldn’t be proud that you caused them to go on strike, Mikah.”

Mikah shrugs her shoulders as she closes the door to her stall and sets her stuff on the ledge in the shower.

;;MIKAH “It’s honestly not my fault that I’m the fucking best. And they couldn’t beat me.”

“CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS.”
DAYS UNTIL THE MATCH: 2
SCENE: ii
REC

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 04, 2022
TIME: 10:45 PM

The scene opens up to downtown Las Vegas or more specifically, the Neon Museum where a lot of the older signs were on display. Mikah had arranged it with the managers of the place so she could film her promo for Climax Control. She had paid a hefty amount of money to be able to sit between the words “Lady Luck” without having to be worried about being fine. She was hesitant aft first, heights never having been her favorite thing in the world. But she arranged it so that there was a safety net in the back in case she fell.

She sits there, her feet crosses at the ankles and a smirk on her face. Her mixed tag team championship belt sat next to her. She was sporting a pair of white skinny jeans and a turquoise crop top. She’d thought about sporting her Reckless Elite attire, but that wouldn’t make her and Bane look as if they were on the same page. And she wanted to be on the same page. After all, they had the same goal in mind. Was it necessary for her championship belt to be there? Absolutely not. But if it wasn’t there, she wouldn’t be Mikah.

;;MIKAH “Another year, another tournament and another year I decided to enter. Is it out of character for me?”

She tilts her head to the side, thinking for a moment. She then looks at the camera as she also focuses on sitting still so she didn’t fall off. That is just what Mark and Christian need; an injured Bombshell to replace in the tournament.

;;MIKAH “Probably. But if anybody is to blame for me signing up this year, it is most definitely Hot Stuff Mark Ward’s fault.”

That look that she wears so well appears on her face.

;;MIKAH “I want him to admit to everybody that I am his favorite Bombshell that has ever stepped into a SCW wrestling ring.”

She glances around, the lights from the other signs illuminating her face. There was definitely a reason that she was choosing to film her promo so late at night and that was so the signs could be the source of light.

;;MIKAH “If you ask any other Bombshell that has entered this tournament what their reason is for entering the Blast From the Past tournament, their answer will be to get a shot at the Bombshell Championship that my partner’s wife currently holds. And clearly, that should be every Bombshell’s endgame for this tournament. But…”

She pauses momentarily as she feels a little uneasy for a moment. She regains her composure before smirking.

;;MIKAH “I’ve already held that championship. Three times. Do I really need another run with it? I mean, obviously I’ll try but it’s not my reasoning for joining this tournament.”

She tucks her hair behind her ear as the wind lightly blows it around her face.

;;MIKAH “I think hearing the Boss Man admit to everybody that I am his favorite when Bane and I win this tournament is way more important. Has he ever admitted that to anybody else in the history of this company? Absolutely not. But I want to be the first to get him to admit that I am his favorite. Because I am. And then I can put it on everything. Shirts, hats, hoodies, books, and anything else you can plaster it on. I want it to be displayed everywhere to make sure everybody knows it. Also to be reminded that I can do anything I want. Because being the boss’ favorite, means that I get to do whatever I want.”

She did already anyways; it was her reasoning for being able to do as she pleases anyways.

;;MIKAH “I already do whatever I want, whenever I want anyways. Might as well have an excuse to continue to do what I want. Also, the fact that nobody believes me when I state that I am his favorite is blasphemous. Has he let anybody else take over his office? Absolutely not. But honestly? I can’t blame him. SCW’s resident nut job always tries to say that she’s his favorite, but we all know that he can’t stand even one of her personalities, let alone all fifteen. Or is it twenty now?”

She frowns a little bit before shrugging her shoulders. She always had to get her digs in on Christina’s expense.

;;MIKAH “Doesn’t matter, not really. So while all of the other Bombshells are aiming to get a shot at Amber Ryan’s Bombshell Championship, I’m aiming to get the Boss to say that I’m his favorite. I clearly have my priorities straight.”

She winks at the camera as she swings her legs lightly, trying to breathe through the slight panic that was settling in the pit of her stomach. She was good about keeping it off of her face as she holds that confident look on her face. There was a reason that she avoided going to the top rope and it had everything to do with heights. And she was definitely better at keeping her feet on the ground; it’s why she loved technical wrestling so much more than high flying.

;;MIKAH “However, the winners of the tournament…meaning Bane and myself will not be crowned for another forty-three days and the first team that Bane and I have to face is that of Sierra Williams and Joshua Acquin.”

She makes a face before smirking once more.

;;MIKAH “Last year I was teamed with Sierra’s husband, Lachlan Kane in this tournament. And this year, I get to face her in the first round. Well, Bane and I get to face her and her partner, Joshua.”

She smirks a little bit.

;;MIKAH “What a crazy time that we have here. It’s funny how things work and how fast time flies. I’ll be honest, I’m not too familiar with Sierra or her style and I’ve never stepped foot in the ring with her before, so it’s going to be new to the both of us come Sunday.”

She was used to fighting new opponents now but when she was the Bombshell Champion during her first round, it was the same old competition and it grew tedious and boring. She couldn’t imagine how Amber Ryan was currently feeling.

;;MIKAH “I’m not a stranger to fighting somebody that I haven’t faced before in that wrestling ring. Because there’s now a lot of Bombshells that I haven’t faced before. So while I know not a lot about Sierra, I’m not going to act like I’m scared of her. And I highly doubt that she’s going to act like she’s scared of me, even though she should be. A little bit, anyways. ”

She looks around, enjoying the way that the lights looked around her.

;;MIKAH “Everybody knows who I am and if they don’t, they’re going to pretty quickly. They realize very quickly who I am.”

She lets out a breath of air she hadn’t known that she was holding as she looks around again, her eyes wandering over the old signs that had been donated to the Neon Museum.

;;MIKAH “Just like these old signs are a piece of Las Vegas’ history, this tournament is a piece of SCW’s history and so am I. I will have my name in those record books more than once. So it’s only fair that I gave this tournament another chance, even though I’ve said that I would never enter it again. And look what happened this year; I get teamed with Mac Bane, the current Heavyweight Champion. I mean, it’s just fitting that this is the year that I get a worthy partner. After all it is the year that we’re going to hear Hot Stuff Mark Ward admit that I’m his favorite...”

She smirks a little bit.

;;MIKAH “It’s always going to come back to that, you know. Because it’s my reason for being a part of this tournament this year. I could give two fucks about facing Amber Ryan for the Bombshell Championship. Props to her for tackling the anxiety that comes with the job of  being the Bombshell Champion. That was a migraine every time I held it and while I’ll be happy to step in the ring with Amber if that time comes, I can’t say that I want that responsibility anymore.”

She shrugs her shoulders again.

;;MIKAH “Should I have maybe let somebody else who wanted the shot at the Bombshell Championship sign up? Possibly. But I’m selfish. I’ve said it before and my Kristopher can tell you that I am as well. It’s not something I try to hide. I’m open about it. I’m also open about the fact that I’m not a nice person and don’t let Despayre tell you any different. I save all of my niceness for him.”

It was the truth. Despy always saw the best in her and refused to notice the darkness inside of her. The not so nice side that so many of the residents of SCW saw.

;;MIKAH “If anybody is at a disadvantage in this match on Sunday, it’s me.”

She could hear the commentators of SCW disagreeing with her already. She was sure they’d have a comment or two about that statement.

;;MIKAH “Oh I mean by the fact that Sierra has a plethora of video footage she could go through. She can definitely find out more about me than I can about her. Also, I don’t really fucking care about what she’s previously done in this company. Or if she’s done fuck all. Because I’ve pretty much done it all. And her accomplishments definitely do not match up with mine. There’s literally no comparison when it comes to everything that I’ve done in this company. Let’s face it, she’s not just facing another nobody. Sure, she’s faced Samantha Marlowe and Samantha Marlowe has beaten me but Samantha Marlowe is also a flash in the pan. Successful one minute and then not the next. And she’s way too nice. Who the fuck is that nice all the time?”

She makes a face and acts like she’s sticking her tongue down her throat.

;;MIKAH “Not the point. Samantha Marlowe is not my opponent, Sierra Williams is.”

She takes a moment to recollect her thoughts and re-focus.

;;MIKAH “And Joshua Acquin, of course. Joshua’s made a name for himself in SCU as their Champion.”

A glint passes through her eyes, one that many have seen before.

;;MIKAH “What’s it say about him that he never found such success in SCW like he has in SCU?”

She leans forward, her hands gripping the edge of the bean she’s sitting on as she smirks at the camera.

;;MIKAH “I’m not saying that he’s incompetent or anything. . .I’m just saying how come he never had that type of success in a SCW ring?”

She raises her eyebrows at the question she had just asked out loud.

;;MIKAH “So you can see why I’m not worried about Joshua very much. I have the utmost confidence in Mac that he can handle whatever Joshua brings on Sunday. Hell, I’m sure I could as well.”

Although, size wise, she probably couldn’t. She barely weighed 110 pounds because of her lack of interest in food. And that silly little eating disorder she had to fight every other month.

;;MIKAH “Sierra is very knowledgeable and well-adjusted when it comes to mixed tag-team wrestling. Just like I currently am..”

Her eyes flicker down to her championship that was sitting to her left, closer to the word LUCK.

;;MIKAH “Seeing as a I am a two time Mixed Tag Team Champion and currently one half of the Mixed Tag Team Champions. Thanks Mercedes, by the way.”

She winks at the camera.

;;MIKAH “She knows how the terms of this match works. She understands how the match is going to go seeing as she is no stranger to the rules of the game. But she’s not me.”

When Mikah was in front of the camera, there was no lack of confidence. She was always so confident in her abilities in that ring. More than she was confident in her job as a mother. Strange how that works.

;;MIKAH “I’m not going to say that I’m not one to brag about my own accomplishments because that would make me a hypocrite. Everybody in this match knows what I’m capable of and I’m not going to hold back on Sunday just because. I plan on doing everything in my power to make sure that Bane and I will emerge victorious.”

She takes a breath for a second, shivering slightly due to the slightly chilly weather of Las Vegas. She already missed Hawaii.

;;MIKAH “Am I going to miss teaming with Kristopher this weekend? Probably. I’m used to his style and the way he and I work in the ring. And…outside of the ring.”

She couldn’t help but add that in there, a smirk playing on her face once more. Was it highly inappropriate? Probably. Did she care? Absolutely not.

;;MIKAH “But is that going to affect the way that Bane and I work together on Sunday?”

She shakes her head no.

;;MIKAH “No. Because I believe that he can handle everything that is thrown his way. Plus, I’m sure that he’s very capable of being a worth tag team partner. He was in the finals last year with Myra Rivers as his partner. He can definitely say he’s better in this tournament than I am. He definitely already can say that he holds the better track record, because he does.”

She was trying this new thing where she gave credit where it was due to those who deserved it.

;;MIKAH “I’ll be honest, when I signed up to be in this tournament, I didn’t believe that I was going to get a partner I could get along with. But when Christian Underwood pulled Mac’s name out of the bag, I was more than happy. And now, here we are in the first round. Facing Joshua Acquin and Sierra Williams.”

She glances behind one of the letters of Lady Luck.

;;MIKAH “You know, I’m sitting here on the sign that says Lady Luck….and the most ironic thing about that is that I don’t believe in luck. And I fully believe that luck is for losers. I don’t rely on luck to get me anything in life.”

She smirks again.

;;MIKAH “I rely on sheer talent and my athletic ability.”

She winks at the camera.

;;MIKAH “I can’t say that I have high hopes that Sierra Williams will keep my personal life out of her mouth because it’s usually the first thing that everybody uses against me. But that doesn’t matter because I’m going to make sure that she doesn’t get the one up on me. I’ll let Mac handle Joshua and then after we win….”

She reaches behind the Y of Lady and pulls out a bottle of champagne then grabs a glass from behind the L of Luck.

;;MIKAH “We can celebrate our advancing in the tournament.”

She smirks before pouring herself a glass of the alcohol. She wasn’t typically a champagne drinker and it had been a long time since she’d had any alcohol.

;;MIKAH “Sunday can’t come faster….”

She takes a sip of the bubbly liquid before smirking.

;;MIKAH “Soon to be forty-two days.”

She winks at the camera. She knew that Hot Stuff Mark Ward would know that the message was for him.

;;MIKAH “Ciao.”