Author Topic: Getting to know Shane Hawthorne  (Read 536 times)

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
Getting to know Shane Hawthorne
« on: February 04, 2022, 09:42:21 PM »
The snow has finally stopped falling in Las Vegas, Nevada as a silver Toyota Tundra pulls into the parking lot of Sin City studios. Sitting in the driver's seat is Shane Hawthorne who is beginning to have second thoughts about this interview with SCW's top reporter in Pussy Willow.

Shane Hawthorne: Dude, I'm not sure this is a good idea.

Dennis McClure: You have to do this.

Shane Hawthorne: I don't know Dennis. My heart feels like it is going to pop out of my chest.

Dennis McClure: That's called anxiety bro. I promise you it will go away as soon as you start talking.

Shane takes in a deep breath before stepping out of the vehicle. Dennis follows after him as the two best friends are standing outside in the cold air. Shane slowly exhales as they enter through the side entrance. The duo are taken aback at how huge this place is on the inside. As they make their way down the hallway, they see several posters of some of the best talkers in SCW history. One of the posters is of Travis Nathaniel Andrews berating the crowd. Another poster is one with Travis being face to face with Ben Jordan.

Shane points out the other posters featuring Amber Ryan, Mikah, Mercedes Vargas, Jessie Salco and Sam Marlowe. The poster reads top trash talkers in SCW. Shane looks closer as a smile forms on his face. Dennis places a hand on his shoulder.

Dennis: You're partner isn't bad on the eyes.

Shane: She is pretty but I have a girlfriend.

Dennis: I don't bro.

Shane shakes his head as they boys continue down the hallway. A large mahogany door opens as a blonde woman standing just above five feet tall is positioned in the door frame. Dennis turns his head as his jaw nearly drops to the floor.

Shane Hawthorne: I should have brought Oscar or Lucas.

Dennis McClure: I can't help it man. She is gorgeous.

Shane rolls his eyes as they reach the open door. The blonde woman sticks her hand out as Dennis tries very hard not to look down her blouse. Pussy smiles as Shane's cheeks flush red.

Shane Hawthorne: I am sorry about him. He tends to think with his other head.

Pussy chuckles.

Pussy Willows: Don't sweat it. He isn't the first guy to try and see my tits. He probably won't be the last.

Dennis bites his tongue as Shane chuckles a little.

Pussy Willows: You must be Shane Hawthorne. Mark Ward told me that he and Christian was sending me a fresh face to interview on the SCW Video channel.

Shane Hawthorne: That's me. I still don't know why I am doing this.

Pussy Willows: That's a normal feeling with someone who is still new to this industry.

Shane Hawthorne: I don't quite understand why it's easy for me to talk to complete strangers on my TubeFest Channel but trying to talk about myself isn't easy.

Pussy stands to the side and asks him to step inside the room. Both Shane and Dennis steps inside the fairly large room. The room itself has a large black leather couch with four or five studio cameras scattered throughout the room.

Shane Hawthorne: Holy moly, this is bigger than my room in my house.

Pussy Willows: Christian and Mark would love to take all the credit for this building. Christian would be the one gloating about it but it came from Travis Nathaniel Andrews. When he retired, his company built this start of the art recording studio and donated it to the SCW for anyone to use.

Shane Hawthorne: That was very generous of him. I still don't understand what I am doing here.

Pussy Willows: That's because you have a huge match this Sunday. It's the first round of the Blast from the Past tournament. You and Mercedes will be facing Amber Ryan and Hitamashii with Amber's world bombshell championship on the line.

Shane looks back at Pussy with a confused look.

Shane Hawthorne: So let me get this straight. If I somehow find away to overcome Hitmonchan then I become a champion.

Pussy laughs as she shakes her head.

Pussy Willows: Not exactly, if you were to pin Hitamashii then Mercedes would become the new champion. Essentially, you can be the one who ends Amber's reign without even thinking about it.

Shane sits down on the couch while Pussy walks across the floor and joins him on the other side.

Pussy Willows: No one really knows anything about Shane. Why don't you tell everyone just who Shane is.

Shane takes another deep breath.

Shane Hawthorne: I am what they call a rookie in this business. Sin City Wrestling is my first major wrestling company. I'm not real big into winning or losing.

That comment catches Pussy by surprise as she leans toward him.

Pussy Willows: How can you not care about winning or losing?

Shane shrugs his shoulders.

Shane Hawthorne: I just don't care that much about it. I lost my debut match against a very good competitor in Matthew Knox. I am very proud of what I was able to accomplish even in defeat. So many times, I have heard people get so uptight about winning or losing that it takes the fun out of it. That's what I am all about is having fun.

Pussy Willows: Are you focused on winning? Do you want to win championships?

Shane shakes his head.

Shane Hawthorne: Nah, I am really uninterested in winning shiny trinkets that will be forgotten about over time. How many times do you see a champion have a genuine smile on their face? Answer is you don't ever see one. Why would i put myself through that headache? If I somehow gain them then I will do my best to prove that I deserved them. Other than that, I am not seeking out championships. I'll leave that to the people who choose to be bitter about everything. Before you ask me about Hitmanlee, I will give him my absolute best inside that ring. I may be inexperienced but no one can deny my competitive spirit. Once that bell sounds, I am like that energizer bunny that never stops. I just keep going and going. That's what Mister Pokeball has to put up with for our portion of this match. I'm confident that Mercedes can handle Amber Ryan. I mean she is a two time hall of Famer right.

Pussy nods her head as she can tell Shane isn't much of a talker. She leans back up as the scene begins to fade.