Author Topic: “WELP!”  (Read 747 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“WELP!”
« on: November 29, 2021, 08:06:13 AM »
(Gabriel was used with Mark’s permission)

Adrienne has only been employed with SCW for two weeks now, but the young French wrestler has already had a hell of a start, it started off humble enough with Adrienne picking up her first win against fellow rookie Chloe Benton in the show’s opening match but later in the show the reigning World Bombshell Champion Amber Ryan sent a message to the rest of the Bombshell Roster, step up or get stepped on! Adrienne, for one reason or another, decided to take the initiative and put her name forward.

This move rubbed a lot of her fellow Bombshells the wrong way and despite being told no REPEATEDLY by the bosses it took Adrienne calling Amber out of Climax Control only to get denied for her to drop it! But now that she had rubbed Christian Underwood the wrong way she was being punished, how you ask? Her first ever Main Event was against Andrea Hernandez in a non-title match, and it was next week! Can Adrienne pull off the upset of the year?

Adrienne’s hotel room, San Jose, California
Sunday the 21st of November 2021, 20:00pm

I did it!

And by it, I mean I won my first ever match, Chloe Benton put up a better fight than I thought she would, given the large gap in experience between us but in the end my martial arts experience was too good for her.

So, why am I conflicted?

Not long after my debut match ended, Amber Ryan took to the ring to tell the rest of the Bombshell Roster to step up or get stepped on, logically there was no way I should’ve paid any attention to that speech because I literally just started as a wrestler, both for SCW and in general, but there was a burning desire for competition inside me that I couldn’t ignore, even after we returned to the hotel room.

“Okay Adrienne, I want you to get an early night tonight.” Katie commented and I glanced up from my bed which I was laying on top off, still wearing the black sleeveless shirt and denim shorts that I wore to Climax Control, my wrestling gear was in a separate bag ready to go straight into the laundry when we got back. “Or as early as possible because I know your riding on a high from winning your first match.”

”Katie, do you have any idea how much you just sounded like my mom?” I teased her, and Katie just shook her head. ”I know the plan is to travel back to Vegas and try to be there in time for dinner.”

“Right and it’s a seven hour journey, if we leave by about six we should get there in plenty of time, traffic and needing to fuel up notwithstanding.” Katie nodded as I sat up in bed. “You still need to cook me and Caleb something at some point especially with Thanksgiving coming up.”

“Yeah, you’ve said that a few times since I mentioned that my dad’s a professional chef who gave me some training for free before I moved.” I teased her with a grin before glancing down at my phone. ”I’ll be the first to admit that my speciality is baking however, I can cook savoury, but deserts are more my thing.”

“Hey, if that means that you’ll make us a kick ass desert whilst I focus on the main meal, I’m all for it!” Katie responded with a grin, and I nodded in agreement. “I’m going out to stretch my legs, try to cause any trouble whilst I’m gone.”

”Who? Me?” I teased her, and Katie shook her head before leaving out hotel room, once the door was shut I leaned over at grabbed my phone before staring at it for a few minutes. ”Should I do this? She told the whole roster to step up,  but I literally just started.” I commented to myself before taking a deep breath and writing the tweet.

So, why did I do it? Why did I try to step up to Amber? Honestly? As a wrestler and martial artist, I’ve always been a bit of a risk taker, I was the shortest girl in the 2021 Go Gym Class and my weight’s always been more on the skinny side, so I needed to find something to compensate for that, and well,. I guess the “Go Big or Go Home” attitude stemmed from that.

Ten minutes passed since I posted the tweet alongside a few follow ups and already, I was causing a stir on Twitter, though part of me was waiting for the bosses to say “NO!” as I lay there, my train of thought was interrupted when there were a few knocks at the door. ”Katie? Is that you?”

”Doesn’t Katie have her own key card?” A familiar voice rang out and I groaned when I heard the Australian woman’s voice, I knew Krystal had seen the tweet, but I thought she was going to retire for the night with Makayla. ”Seriously Adrienne, we need to talk!  Are you still decent?”

”If be decent you mean “I’m wearing my street clothes” then yeah, I am!” I responded before swinging my legs over and getting out of bed, I answered the door and Krystal was standing there with a frown on her face. ”Hey Krystal, sorry for your loss tonight, we both know that Kate’s a tough competitor though………..”

”I appreciate it, but we’ll talk about that another time! Can I come in?” Krystal interrupted me, and I hesitated before nodding and stepped back to let the taller woman into my hotel room. ”What the hell are you thinking?!”

”Amber told the Bombshell roster to step up, so I did.” I responded with a shrug and Krystal started pacing around the room. ”How am I supposed to learn this craft if I keep facing fellow rookies like Chloe?”

”Want to face someone more experienced than you is one thing, but Amber?!” Krystal asked as she folded her arms. ”She’s the World Bombshell Champion for a fucking reason, and is a vicious bitch when the bell rings, even IF the bosses let the match go ahead, it won’t be a match, it’ll be a slaughter!” Krystal exclaimed just as the door unlocked and Katie returned to the room. ”I was about to say, where the hell was Katie in all this?”

“I had headed out to stretch my legs, I only saw the tweet because you and every other Go Gym Graduate texted me the same Twitter link.” Katie responded as she closed the door behind her. “I was on my way back to list all the reasons why this is a dumb idea even with Adrienne’s martial arts background, but I see that you beat me to the punch Krystal.”

”It helps that me and Makayla’s hotel room is literally a few doors down from here, that’s all I’m saying.” Krystal responded as she shook her head before turning her attention back to me. ”I’m only this upset with you because I don’t want a promising wrestling career snuffed out before it can even get started! Withdraw the challenge, delete any tweets you’ve made about it, basically treat it like it never happened before the boss’s step in because trust me, I’m being polite compared to what Christian will say!”

”What about you? You’ve been on a roll since you’ve won the Bombshell Roulette Title and yet I don’t see you taking Amber up on her challenge.” I pointed out and Krystal shook her head before Katie got a twitter notification on her phone, and a notification came through on mine as well. ”What’s stopping you?”

”I was going too! The loss to Amber in the Blast from the Past Tournament is a black eye on my 2021 record and I’ve been waiting for a chance to avenge it!” Krystal responded as she shook her head with a face-palm. ”But when you beat me to the punch I I needed to talk sense into you, it’s too late to delete those tweets, the bosses haven’t seen them………”

“Yeah, about that.” Katie interrupted us and we turned to her. “Mark just quote tweeted your original tweet Adrienne, and he tagged Christian in the Tweet.” Katie added and I quickly grabbed my phone to see for myself.

”Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Krystal sighed as she turned around and went to leave the hotel room. ”I’d better go, I’ve got a toddler aged daughter to attend too who’s currently showing more common sense than someone who’s two years away from being a woman!”

”That’s not fair and you know it!” I protested as I walked up and confronted the Australian woman. ”Krystal, you know I moved to the US when I was sixteen to train at the Go Gym, I know I’m ready for this!”

”Is it? Rachel isn’t going around challenging full grown women to real fights! And maybe you should’ve stayed in France a little longer.” Krystal responded as she went to open the door. ”Give your parents a chance to teach you a little something about common fucking sense!” Krystal added before she stormed out and slammed the door behind me.

In the parking lot of the Maples Pavilion, Stanford, California
Sunday the 28th of November 2021, 22:00pm

Just let tonight be over already!

I swear if SCW creates the “I Told You So” award for next year’s year end awards I don’t think you’ll find a better candidate than me for the winner! I should’ve listened to pretty much everyone else on the roster, from my manager to my fellow Go Gym Graduates to the co-owners to even Steve the janitor but no, I marched on with my plan and it took Amber denying me my challenge for me to finally drop the idea.

Or to put it another way, when Myra Rivers calls you out for your actions in the middle of the ring, maybe take it as a wakeup call?

”So, are you going to say it yet?” I asked Katie as she packed away our things into the boot of the car and she looked up. ”Are you going to tell me “I Told You So”? After everything that happened tonight it seems apt!”

“Adrienne, how long have you known me?” Katie asked and I didn’t answer, just glanced up with her with the same frustrated expression I’ve worn since Amber rejected my challenge. “You know I wouldn’t rub it in like that! Krystal maybe, she was definitely acting out of character during that contract signing with Keira tonight but me? I just want to see you pick yourself back up after tonight’s setback, that’s it.”

”Easier said than done when you remember that I got on the bad side of the two co-owners within one week of my debut match.” I sighed to myself not noticing that another familiar woman was entering the parking lot. ”What’s to stop Christian from booking me against Tempest now that she’s lost the Mixed Tag Titles? We may be fellow Go Gym Grads, but you need only look at her match against Krystal from last year for an example of how she treats other graduates from the Go Gym!”

“I wish I could say that Christian wouldn’t be that vindictive, but I’ve known the man for four years now.” Katie sighed right as we got a text notification, but we didn’t pay it much attention, though the other woman in the parking lot did. “He can be a vindictive bastard when he wants to be and, well, you did rub him the wrong way with that stunt.”

”Him and every other woman on the roster!” I sighed in response not noticing the woman approaching us. ”He might take it easy on me though, maybe just a match against either of the Metal Maniacs or Apple Coren?”

”You guys haven’t seen the card for next week’s show, have you?” Jessie’s voice rang out and we looked up seeing Jessie approaching us. ”Because if you had, then you’d be praying that you haven’t burnt every bridge with the Go Gym.”

”Well, that’s ominous!” I commented with a gulp before me, and Katie got our phones out and went through the card. ”Seriously? Chloe Benton vs. Johanna Krieger?! How the hell did she piss off Christian?!”

“As much as I’m wondering the same thing Adrienne, you might want to skip to the Main Event.” Katie advised me and I nodded reluctantly before doing so, and then I saw it.

”My first ever Main Event and it’s against Andrea Hernandez in my second ever match.” I sighed as it hit me (almost as hard as Andrea will hit me if we’re being honest) before I glanced up at Jessie. ”You’ve faced Andrea before, any tips?”

”If you want tips for defeating her, you’re asking the wrong woman, off course she’s been undefeated for so long that it’s easier to find people who came close to beating her than actually beating her.” Jessie responded as she shook her head and I nodded. ”As far as wrestling Andrea goes, pick apart her legs at every chance you get! You’ve got a submission finisher that targets the leg don’t you?”

”Oui, The Withering Rose.” I nodded as I leaned against the car. ”It’s a Dragon Screw into a Heel Hook, I didn’t use it against Chloe because I was worried about putting her out of action this early in her career.”

“Yeah, instead we’re leaving that to Johanna.” Katie responded dryly and I gave my manager a dirty look. “You’re saying that Adrienne should use this match to debut The Withering Rose?”

”I’m sure Gabriel will tell you the same thing but beyond it being a potential star making moment for her?” Jessie responded as she stepped forward. ”Andrea’s offence is largely aerial based she can’t fly that well if her leg’s all FUBARed up right?”

”You got that from your step-brother Jake didn’t you?” I asked with a small grin and Jessie nodded. ”He served in the US Army correct?”

”Right, he served for two years including a stint in Iraq.” Jessie nodded as she started to walk off. ”Ever since I made the decision to become a wrestler he’s been trying to get me to use that term in my promos, but I could never find a way to make it work organically, anyway I’d better get going! I’ll be in Vegas for most of the week training for the Fatal Four Way Match that’s preceding the Main Event but my home gym’s always open if you feel like getting in some extra training, just ask Krystal for the zip code.”

”With a match like this? I might take you up on that offer.” I nodded before Jessie walked off and me and Katie got in our car at long last. ”What the hell have I gotten myself into?!”

“A chance to prove yourself, I know this isn’t what you wanted but Andrea’s basically on Amber’s level at this point.” Katie assured me and I nodded as I got the idea. “And for what it’s worth? I’d take Jessie up on that offer if I were you.”

”I guess it couldn’t hurt.” I sighed before we drove off.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 29th of August 2021, 11:05am

It’s never a good sign where your called into Gabriel’s office as soon as you arrive at the Go Gym and that’s basically the situation I’m in.

For those who haven’t been paying attention to my twitter feed, I had been avoiding the Go Gym deliberately last week because they were going to hold a challenge intervention for me and I found that out whilst on the way back from San Jose the week before, yet another symptom of my stubbornness I guess, what I didn’t expect was to see Krystal in there with Gabriel.

”I guess I’d better get this out of the way.” I commented once I closed the door behind me and Gabriel nodded whilst Krystal remained silent. ”I’m sorry for blowing you guys off last week, I was too stubborn to look past the prospect of challenging Amber.”

“And if you hadn’t, you would’ve saved yourself further embarrassment from when Amber denied your challenge.” Gabriel responded as I sat down opposite him, and Krystal moved to the side of his desk. “I accept your apology Adrienne and it’s clear to me that you’ll learn from this but that’s in the past now, frankly I am more concerned with Fenris’s condition after last night’s Main Event, but we have more pressing matters, your hubris has gotten you into a match against Andrea Hernandez for your second match and first Main Event.”

”Andrea’s a tough bitch to deal with at the best of times but since she won the Internet Title? Her egos spiralled out of control and the fact that she’s still undefeated has not helped.” Krystal continued as she walked up to me. ”Take it from someone who faced Andrea in my debut match, don’t underestimate her.”

”I never said I was, and if this match happened last night I’d at least by riding on a high from winning my first match.” I responded as I shifted my weight. ”Instead I’m trying to rebuild after everything that happened last night.”

“That reminds me, Krystal said that she saw you talking with Jessie in the parking lot after last night’s show.” Gabriel commented and I nodded to confirm it. “What exactly where you talking about?”

”She was the one who told me about the Andrea match, I missed the card text because I was chatting with Katie.” I admitted, and Gabriel nodded as he got the idea. ”She advised that I target Andrea’s legs, maybe even get her in the Withering Rose.”

“I will be the first to admit that I haven’t seen eye to eye with Jessie in years, there is a reason why I use her SCW career as a cautionary tale.” Gabriel nodded as he leaned forward. “But she is correct, Andrea is primarily a high flyer taking out her legs will hinder her greatly and might well be your key to defeating her, that is all, now if you excuse me, I have a disciplinary meeting with Krystal to return to because her comments during that contract signing rubbed many the wrong way.”

”Wouldn’t be the first time.” I muttered under my breath as I went to leave, at which point Gabriel cleared his throat and made it clear that both he and Krystal had heard me. ”Err I mean, yeah I definitely agree there!”

”Nice save, I might ask Gabriel if I can be your first sparring partner if you keep that up!” Krystal scoffed before shaking her head. ”Then again I’ve faced Andrea twice in my SCW career, sparring against me might be the best way you can prepare for a match against her!”

“An excellent point, Adrienne, go get changed, as soon as this disciplinary meeting is over your sparring against Krystal.” Gabriel decided and we nodded before I left his office and headed to the women’s changing room to change inro my wrestling gear.

Go Gym Parking Lot, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 29th of November 2021, 18:00pm

*promo time*

Oy vey.

”I know a lot has been said about my challenge to Amber Ryan over the past week, whether it was the immediate aftermath or the events of last night’s Climax Control, but I feel that I need to clear something up! That challenge was never about the World Bombshell Championship, I know I’m not ready to challenge for a title of that calibre! All I wanted was a chance to prove myself against the best and I ended up shooting myself in both feet in the process!”

And that’s not the worst part!

”And because Christian has a vindictive streak a mile long, in a way I’m getting my wish, a non-title match against one of SCW’s Bombshell Champions but in this case? My opponent isn’t Amber, it’s Andrea Hernandez! Someone who is as egomaniacal as she is talented and an undefeated streak to match both her ego and her talent! And when you throw in the fact that Supreme Machine is on a post main event rampage as of late, what else can I say except WELP!”

This is not good.

”And if it weren’t for the events of last night’s Climax Control, I’d be wondering what the hell I did to piss off Christian! Andrea you’ve been on a tear for a long time now, that is easy to see especially when you look at who you beat to get to the finals off and win the Internet Title Tournament and off course the Internet Title itself so pretty much everyone is expecting this to be an easy win for you, right?”

Wrong.

”On paper sure, the reigning and undefeated Bombshell Internet Champion vs. an eighteen year old martial artist turned wrestler who is competing in her second match ever and faced another rookie in her debut match should be the easiest match in the world to predict but in practice? I’ve been watching wrestling long enough to know that stranger things have happened and a rookie getting the upset win over the champion?”

Stop laughing!

”Anything’s possible right? Besides, if I target your legs and get you in the Withering Rose you won’t be able to fly with as much grace as you usually do, won’t you Andrea? All it would take is one slip up on your part and suddenly I have you right where I want you which, ideally, is locked in the Heel Hook portion of the Withering Rose and tapping out to stop the pain coming from your legs and I know what you’re going to say in response Andrea, that I’ll never catch you with that move?”

Guess again.

”If you think for even a second that avoiding the Withering Rose is as easy as deliberately avoiding kicking me in the stomach, then you are in for a nasty surprise because that submission hold/move combination was one of the first I perfected in the building behind me, the Go Gym honed my skills as a wrestler and thanks to them, I’m not an opponent to be underestimated which is something you’ll soon learn the hard way!”

I’m here for a reason!

”I may be young and naive, but Gabriel wouldn’t have recommended me to Katie if I wasn’t ready for this! Andrea you are an intimidating opponent for sure, but you know what they say, the bigger they are, the harder they fall? Well in this case, it’s “the bigger the opponent’s ego is, the harder they fall” and right now your ego is out of control, who knows? Maybe your ego will be the undoing of your undefeated streak?”

Your ego will be your downfall.

”After all, someone with your ego is probably looking at this match and thinking “hah, Christian may as well have given me the week off” but all I can really say to that is underestimate me at your own peril! I am a first degree black belt in judo and a second degree black belt in karate for a damn good reason Andrea and those are the skills that I’m bringing to the ring on Sunday night because as much as I’d hate to humiliate you in your home state, if that’s the key to my win then that’s what I have to do!”

Time to leave someone with egg on their face!

”In fact, I’m not sure who will be more embarrassed, you for losing to a rookie in your home state or Christian for putting me in this match thinking that this was a fitting punishment! Instead, all he did was indirectly grant me my wish, I want to prove myself against the best SCW has to offer, that was my motivation for challenging Amber after she told the rest of the Bombshell Roster to step up and now I’m getting that same opportunity against the undefeated Bombshell Internet Champion?”

It's that simple.

”As The Incredible Hulk once said, I see this as an absolute win! I know I’ve got a mountain to climb when we face off on Sunday Andrea but if there’s anyone who’s more than up for the challenge it’s me! I just hope that you realize that whilst I am a rookie, I am a rookie who graduated for the Go Gym and I’ve been training for a moment like this for years, but I guess words just won’t cut it, right Andrea?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Actions speak louder than words Andrea and this Sunday in the Main Event of Climax Control 318 the time for talk will be over and the time for action will begin! I’m not denying your talent Andrea, if anything I’d be a fool to overlook it but with your ego it’s obvious to me that you’re already looking past this match, big mistake! Because whilst “The French Rose” Adrienne Beaufort might be beautiful in bloom you should beware of her sharp thorns! See you on Sunday Andrea!”

I got in my car and drove off as the scene fades.