Author Topic: Thankful to Return  (Read 525 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Thankful to Return
« on: November 26, 2021, 11:44:23 PM »
*The scene fades up inside the home of Marcus Cage and Candy. In the dining room, to be specific. The table was decorated and filled with all sorts of traditional Thanksgiving food. Sitting around the table were Marcus and Candy, with Miss Ruby sitting in a high  chair between the two of them. Sitting around the table with them were Candy’s sister, Kat, Marcus’s best friend, Dynamite, and his son, Jayne, along with their dear friends David Shane and his wife Maria, and their 2 children, Aaron and Julia. Candy stood up and looked around at her room of friends.*

Candy: Thank you all for coming this year and celebrating with us. We have a lot to celebrate this year. So much to be thankful for. So let's go around the table and say what we are thankful for before we dig in to the delicious meal.

*she smiled as she motioned towards her sister*

Kat: I'm thankful for my family, especially those who have made me feel loved every day. And thankful for the beautiful little girl I get the honor to call my niece.

David: I'm thankful for my beautiful wife and amazing kids, along with my 2 brothers who have always been there when we needed something.

Maria: I'm thankful for the amazing life David has made for his family. We are lucky to have such a man in our lives.

Julia: I'm thankful for my mommy and daddy, cuz they love me so much.

Aaron: … Trains! I love trains!

*the room echoed a small round of laughter at the cuteness.*

Jayne: I'm thankful that I have such cool friends and family. Also… I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be thankful for that stuffing once I dog in, cuz it looks great!

Dynamite: I'm thankful that Fenris didn't kill Marcus when they had their match… I don't wanna break in a new tag partner and best friend…

*Marcus shoots him a bit of a glare then chuckles a bit*

Marcus: You know what I'm thankful for? All of you guys being there for us whenever we needed you. You really are the best family a guy can ask for. But I'm also thankful for my beautiful wife, and my adorable daughter… man that is still sinking in… for showing me what love truly is.

*Candy's eyes well up with tears as she and her husband share a kiss.*

Candy: I am thankful for so much right now. I’m thankful that I get to spend this holiday with some of the people who mean the most to me. I’m thankful that I have the bestest husband in the world, who made me a mommy. I’m thankful for the beautiful Miss Ruby, who came into our lives like a whirlwind and showed me what I was missing in my life. I’m soooooo happy right now. And I’m  thankful to have finally been given the all clear to get back in the ring and do what I love. So there’s so much to celebrate… so let’s all dig in and enjoy!!!

*She wiped some tears from her cheeks as she sat down and they all began passing the food around, making their plates.*

Dynamite: So, you are cleared to get back in the ring? They got you booked yet?

Candy: Actually, yeah. I get to go against some one named Char … koon? Kawn? Ka…

Marcus: Char Kwan.

Candy: Yeah, her. She’s kinda mean. But I’m looking forward to it. It’s been like 5 months since I had a match… and things have been really really wild. I really enjoyed my time helping run the show… and maybe I’ll get to do that again some day. But for right now… I'm excited to go against Char. And get things going again. I’ve been training really hard. I’m ready!

*As she is talking, she puts a small scoop of mashed potatoes on the tray in front of Ruby, as she starts smashing them in her hands, giggling like crazy*

Candy: That’s right, sweety. Mommy’s gonna kick some butt!

*Ruby giggled again as the scene faded to black*
user posted image