Author Topic: “Are They Serious?!”  (Read 999 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“Are They Serious?!”
« on: October 18, 2021, 10:07:30 AM »
(Gabriel was used with permission from Mark, Carter used with permission from Chris)

Krystal’s undefeated streak as champion had ended at Andrea’s hands but the Aussie was still champ and she had more pressing matters on her mind right now, namely her latest Roulette Title defence and no, we’re not talking about High Stakes XI either! Krystal had wanted to defend the Bombshell Roulette Title at High Stakes XI in a Six Pack Challenge originally but with Char’s challenge those plans changed and the challenge (now bumped down to a five pack challenge) was taking place at the Halloween show, AKA the Go Home Show for High Stakes XI! Her challengers?

Former Roulette Champion Johanna Krieger, Bella Madison, former World and Roulette Champion Seleana Zdunich and Bea Barnhart! Aside from Krieger, all of her challengers had challenged Krystal in the past and normally, she would be cool calm and collected heading into such a match, there was just one problem however, Char had been employing mind games against Krystal first using her Long Rest Submission Finisher to defeat Azurine Vebbins and then brutally attacking Krystal’s friend and fellow Go Gym Graduate Ariana Angelos, both incidents designed to get in Krystal’s head! Can she retain despite everything going against her?

Kindred Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sunday the 17th of October 2021, 23:30pm

That bitch has crossed the line.

What the fuck else do you expect me to say?! I knew Char had SOMETHING up her sleeve to get at me but attacking Ari? And as brutally as that?! We arrived at the hospital some time after tonight’s Main Event started and Ari was rushed straight into the emergency room! Carter couldn’t bear to see her in that state and had headed outside the hospital for air leaving me and Makayla sitting in the waiting room.

And for what?! A shiny gold belt?! A little extra in your paycheque from SCW?! Ari is the youngest active wrestler on either roster, not to mention the youngest Go Gym Graduate to currently wrestle in SCW/SCU, not to mention that this was the first time she’s been in Pennsylvania since she moved to Las Vegas!

There’s going to be hell to pay at the Halloween show, never mind High Stakes XI!

“Krystal you can’t blame yourself.” Makayla eventually broke the silence and I glanced over at my girlfriend. “You have no way of knowing what Char had planned……..”

“Didn’t I?!” I demanded as I cut my girlfriend off. “Char’s been trying to get under my skin since I responded to her challenge in Atlanta, Georgia, first she choked out Azurine Vebbins last week with my own submission hold, and now this! I should’ve kept a closer eye on her but no! I turned away for one fucking second and now she’s in a hospital bed!”

“You were in the bathroom when the attack started.” Makayla pointed out as I ran a hand through my hair. “You didn’t learn of the attack until you were drying your hands, what could you have done?!”

“Well, Tempest still holds a grudge over the Bella Madison incident from the last cycle so she’s out, London Underground could’ve provided protection for her.” I let out a deep breath before running both hands down my face. “At least this can’t get any worse, at least they won’t put me in a title match at the Halloween show, right?”

“I thought you said that you’ll defend the title against all comers when you won it?” Makayla asked with a raised eyebrow before I got a text notification. “Or are you worried about your mental state heading into a title match?”

“What do you fucking think?!” I asked bluntly as I got my phone out. “Title defences are tough enough to prepare for normally, but with Ari in the hospital, how the fuck am I supposed to focus on that defence?!” I asked before checking my text, it was the card for the Halloween show and I wasted no time in checking it. “Dani vs. Jessie, Levi vs. Agostino vs. Miles to determine Bill’s first challenger, Tempest vs. Vargas, Bane vs. Vinnie, Ryans vs. David Shepherd………” I trailed off before my jaw dropped. “ARE THEY FUCKING SERIOUS?!”

“Don’t tell me, defence number six is lined up for next week, right?” Makayla asked once she saw the look on my face and I nodded. “Okay, who’s it against? And since it’s the Halloween show, I bet there’s going to be a fun stipulation.”

“The stipulations already been picked, it’s a graveyard elimination match, four challengers.” I explained to my girlfriend and Makayla braced herself for the names. “I’ll go down the list in order of when I last faced them, Seleana Zdunich, Bella Madison, Bea Barnhart and Johanna Krieger.”

“And Johanna’s at the bottom of the list because she’s the only one you’ve never faced before?” Makayla asked and I nodded before rubbing my forehead as I felt a headache coming on. “They must’ve finalized that match before the attack on Ari, it’s the only way I can see them justifying this defence.”

“If that is the reason, then they are lying out of their asses.” I grunted as I leaned back in my chair. “Remember that seg I did at Violent Conduct VII? The interview with Rocky where I apologized for flipping her off?”

“Yeah, what about it?” Makayla asked before it hit her. “They’re saying that your challenge is the reason they booked this match?”

“Pretty much, I’m sure they would’ve thrown Vargas into the mix to make it a Six Pack Challenge and round out my previous challengers, but she seems to be the latest wrestler they are throwing at Tempest so that she and Mercer have something to do at the Supercard.” I grunted in annoyance as I leaned forward. “I’ll have to talk to Gabriel at the Go Gym tomorrow, he’ll want an update on Ari after what happened tonight.”

“Talk to Gabriel about what?” We looked up and saw Carter returning to the waiting room. “If it’s about revenge, I doubt Gabriel will mind in this instance.” Carter added and I shook my head before passing him my phone which still had next week’s card on it, Carter gave it a once over and then it hit him. “The bosses might consider adding a “worst timed title match” award to the yearend awards after this!”

“You say that, but we both know that it’ll be one of those one-off awards with this match being it’s sole winner.” I grunted in response as I glanced over at Carter. “Any news from the other Go Gym Graduates?”

“London Underground are pissed, Charlotte and McKenzie more so, Tempest is too busy dealing with her title situation, Danielle doesn’t seem to care less about anything but her and Fenris hasn’t commented yet.” Carter explained before sitting down next to me and I grunted. “Bella Madison put out a tweet in support of you, surprising considering she’s one of your challengers.”

“Bella might be one of my challengers, but that doesn’t change the fact that she’s a good person, who else would forgive me for offering to interfere in their match so quickly?” I asked rhetorically before pausing. “Aside from Ari possibly, I know this isn’t the place to discuss it, but we at least have Recipe 4 Disaster episodes ready to go up for the next two weeks, by then Ari should be out of the hospital.”

“Yeah, assuming she doesn’t check herself out to get revenge on Char.” Carter nodded in agreement before he turned to me. “Krystal, Charlotte, whatever your name is, just want you to know that I don’t blame you for what happened to Ari tonight, I blame Char.”

“She still attacked Ari to get to me, but I appreciate it Carter.” I sighed as I turned to Ari’s bestie. “As for the name thing, either’s fine, just don’t lump me in with the likes of Christina Rose or Kate Steele and there won’t be any problems.”

“I understand, but what if you lose the title this Sunday.” Carter asked as a doctor emerged from the emergency room. “What happens to your match against Char?”

“I won’t lose on Sunday, but if I do?” I asked before glancing down at my title. “As of next week, I’ll have held this thing for one hundred and fifty four days, all things considered, that’s a pretty fucking good run in my books! If I do lose then I’m assuming a new match will be made for the Bombshell Roulette Title and the match between me and Char gets made a No DQ match or something along those lines, I’ll just have to focus on rebuilding myself after I beat her.” I added before the doctor cleared his throat.

“Your friend is going to be fine, all things considered, she has a concussion, sixteen stitches and bruising from where Char through her around.” The doctor informed us, and we nodded in response. “She’ll be discharged in the morning pending complications, Ariana will just have to take things easy for the next two weeks. Including avoiding any matches if at all possible.”

“That’s good to know at least.” I nodded with a relieved look on my face. “When will the stitches come out?” I asked and the doctor checked his notes.

“Halloween night is what I recommended based on what I saw.” The doctor explained and my mood soured. “Something wrong Ms. Wolfe?”

“Just call me Krystal, and that means that she’ll be spending her birthday in hospital.” I responded and the doctor nodded as he got the idea before he left to check on other patients. “Carter, I need to travel up to Vegas to start my training at the Go Gym, are you able to pick up Ari in the morning?”

“You didn’t even need to ask.” Carter nodded and I grinned in response. “I’ll make sure that she knows that you would’ve made it if not for your title match.”

“Thanks, right now though I have plenty of other things on my plate, title match included.” I sighed before I stood up. “Then again as a former champ yourself, you should know all about that.”

“No one attacked me or my friends as viciously as Char attacked Ari, but I get what you’re saying.” Carter nodded as he got the idea. “People want what they don’t have, whether it’s the Bombshell Roulette, the SCU Television Title or the Pride Tag Team Titles.”

“I think Jess put it best, winning a title’s easy, it’s defending it that’s the hard part!” I nodded in agreement before letting out a deep breath. “And I have five defences to show for it, the only other current champion who knows what that’s like is Amber.”

“I would say “here’s hoping there’s no Exploding Barbed Wire Matches in your future” but we both know that the wheel can be a blessing and a curse.” Carter nodded before me, and Makayla stood up to leave. “I’ll keep you posted on any updates regarding Ari.” Carter added as he passed me my phone back. “Hopefully they’ll mostly be her feeling the effects of her painkillers.”

“Hopefully, I’ll see at Underground I guess?” I asked and Carter nodded before we walked off. “I need to talk to Daniel J Morgan.” I said as we walked down the halls to the parking lot and Makayla gave me a confused look.

“Why? Are you planning on drinking at the Gold Coast’s Bar already?” Makayla asked and I shook my head, it was then that Makayla got the idea. “You want London Underground in your corner at High Stakes.”

“They have the numbers to counteract Char’s entourage, plus said entourage is mostly made up of Asian women and one out of shape manager.” I nodded in response as we neared the parking lot. “Osborne alone should be enough to deter them, I doubt Kiara or that new chick weigh even half as much as he does.”

“True, assuming that they don’t go straight for Os’s balls.” Makayla nodded in agreement as we entered the parking lot. “You realize that an easier away around that is to ask the bosses to ban Char’s entourage from ringside, right?”

“Two things that are wrong with that, one, since when have I done anything the easy way?” I asked jokingly and Makayla laughed. “Second, that request will be rendered moot if the wheel lands on a stip that takes us away from the ringside area, just off the top of my head? Boiler Room Brawl, Falls Count Anywhere, Black Friday Brawl,  I’m sure there’s others I haven’t thought off, but you get the idea.”

“And once you take the match away from the ringside area, Char’s entourage will be able to interfere as much as they want.” Makayla nodded grimly as she got the idea. “Off course, the request is also rendered moot if you lose the title in the Halloween show.”

“Like I said to Carter, I’ve had a good run with it.” I nodded as I patted my title. “But I’m not ready to lose this title just yet, then again, no one is.”

“Yeah, just look at Myra’s reign as Bombshell Internet Champ.” Makayla nodded before she opened the passenger side door. “I’ll drive, no offence Charlotte but I don’t want to risk a road rage incident.”

“I was going to suggest that anyway.” I nodded before I got in the car and Makayla closed it behind me.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 18th of October 2021, 6:00am

Who wants the good news and the bad news?

Good news is, Carter texted me as I was walking to the Go Gym this morning, Ari’s out of hospital and is traveling by car to Las Vegas to recover with Carter, bad news? She wants a match against Char, I don’t blame her one bit but’s only competed once on the main roster and that was in a tag team match.

Still, I can’t concentrate on that right now.

Today’s round of training had just started, and the trainees were going through their early morning workouts, it would be a while before I got a chance to train with them, but they have all been sympathetic to me at least, with as good chunk of them asking about Ari and Carter for obvious reasons.

It wasn’t long until I was called into Gabriel’s office either.

“Charlotte, I wish I was calling you in here under better circumstances, but we both know that isn’t true.” Gabriel commented grimly as I closed the door behind me and sat down opposite him. “How are you feeling?”

“How am I feeling?! How do you think?!” I asked with a huff as I folded my arms. “Ari’s out of the hospital and is traveling up to Vegas with Carter, wish I knew what Char’s endgame was.”

“I suspect that you already know.” Gabriel commented before he motioned to the title around my waist. “She’s trying to get in your head Charlotte, and it’s working.”

“I would say “that obvious huh” but right now I hate that my birthname shares four letters with Char’s name.” I grunted in announce before shifting my weight. “And then there’s the elephant in the room, the bosses are expecting me to defend this title after everything that happened to Ari last night!”

“No one said that defending SCW’s titles was going to be easy, and you did say that you wanted to defend the title in a Six Pack Challenge at High Stakes VI.” Gabriel pointed out and I shook my head.

“I was riding high of the fact that my so called “fluke reign” had reached defence number four! I didn’t expect that my sixth defence would come after someone who’s like a sister to me was brutally attacked, and in a five pack challenge against women who are former champions in their own right!” I pointed out before letting out a deep breath. “Johanna was the Bombshell Roulette Champion heading into last year’s High Stakes, Bella and Bea are former Mixed Tag Team Champions and Bea’s husband just won the men’s Roulette Title, so you just know that she’s going to want to match her husband’s success, and Seleana was my toughest defence back at Disneyworld, not to mention a former Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Champ!”

“If I didn’t have faith that you could overcome this, then this conversation would’ve taken a different turn.” Gabriel nodded as he let out a deep breath. “As far as Char goes, as your teacher and mentor, I have to tell you to treat that like any other title match, provided you survive the Halloween show with your reign intact, she is counting on you being angry going into this match and will use that against you.”

“You ever heard the phrase “fuck around and find out”?” I asked and Gabriel nodded in response. “Char’s about to find out just how dangerous I am when I’m pissed off!”

“That brings me to my other point.” Gabriel nodded as he leaned forward. “I mentored you, Ari and everyone else who trained at this gym, I was the one who convinced Ari that she should cut her parents out of her life when they stormed into the Go Gym.”

“Yeah, there was one thing I’ve always wondered about that story.” I admitted as I leaned back in my chair. “How did they get past Angel?”

“That, is something even I’m not sure off.” Gabriel responded as  he shook his head. “My point is Charlotte, we are like a family here and Ari is like a sister to you, as your friend? Don’t show Char any mercy.”

“I wasn’t going to.” I responded as I shook my head. “By the way, have you heard about Chelsea’s breakup.”

“Unfortunately, yes.” Gabriel nodded as he leaned back, we were referring to Chelsea Skye, a graduate from Ari’s class who was currently working outside of SCW and was going through a nasty breakup. “I do have my concerns about Chelsea’s mental health but she is far more intelligent than her Twitter posts may suggest and, frankly, a beautiful young woman, I have every confidence that she will bounce back from this.”

“So do I, but I can’t help but feel sorry for her.” I nodded with a frown on my face. “Ross was lucky to get a chick like her even remotely interested in him, then he had the nerve to blame her when he flushed it down the toilet! Thankfully, she has the support of her older sisters.”

“Even so, I told her that if she wanted to move to Las Vegas that I would be happy to find a place for her.” Gabriel nodded in response, and I grinned. “That should be all for now Charlotte but keep one thing in mind, if you survive this Sunday’s defence and the defence against Char, you’ll set a new record.”

“I noticed.” I nodded in response as my grin widened. “Sam Marlowe currently has the record for most defences at six, if I survive this Sunday’s defence I’ll match it, if I survive the defence against Char I’ll break it, right after she will be inducted into the Hall of Fame to boot.” My grin widened as I leaned forward. “Fate has a funny sense of humour sometimes, doesn’t it?”

“Indeed, and if you do break her record then who knows? Maybe Sam will set her sights on you next?” Gabriel suggested and that gave me pause. “And if you thought Seleana was a tough defence, then Sam will be even tougher.”

“Yeah, no shit, she has practically done it all in SCW.” I nodded with a frown on my face. “But I would welcome the challenge all the same, besides Sam was Royal Purple’s last defence before I took the title from her, in a way it would bring it full circle.”

“Indeed, but we are still a ways off and you had better get to training.” Gabriel responded and I nodded before standing up. “I know your upset about what happened to Ariana, but you can’t let that distract you.”

“With all due respect Gabriel? That’s easier said than done, and you know it!” I responded before I left his office to begin my training.

Krystal’s Twitch Stream, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 18th of October 2021, 18:00pm

*promo time*

Of all the weeks.

“Am I stealing a page from Andrea’s handbook by doing this? Maybe, but I will give her some credit for having a good idea! Only difference is that I have more followers and a better internet connection! Anyway, you guys all saw what happened at Climax Control 314 last night where Ariana was brutally attacked by Char Kwan, I can confirm that she’s going to be fine and was discharged from the hospital this morning but still, I was hoping for an easy week this week after everything that happened, that went out the window quickly didn’t it?”

I asked before shaking my head.

“DragonYourFeetGamers says “I know right? We were like “are they serious?!” when we saw the card for the Halloween show” and you know what? I have to agree, I would normally be all up for a challenge for my Bombshell Roulette Title, but I know I’m going to be distracted heading into the match against Johanna Krieger, Bella Madison, Seleana Zdunich and Bea Barnhart but at the very least I know what the stipulation will be heading into the match!”

Will that help?

“Oh hey! A raid! Welcome to my stream guys! Just doing my promo for my upcoming match for the Bombshell Roulette Title and if that’s not a good segway into talking about if I’m ready for this or not, I don’t know what is! Bea, Johanna, Bella and Seleana would be tough enough on their own but when, oh hold on! We have a hype train coming! Hype train for my sixth defence, am I right? Back on topic, but when you throw in the events of last night’s show on top of all that, this could be my last defence.”

Could be are the operate words.

“EliteAussieGamers brings up a good point, how can I prepare for five challengers with so much going on? Especially when I originally envisioned a six pack challenge? The best way I can prepare is to treat this like any other defence because for as pissed off as I am at Char for her attack, I can’t let that get in the way of my success! Char will be someone I’ll worry about when we get to High Stakes XI in a few weeks’ time because right now my opponents on Sunday need my undivided attention!”

Starting with Johanna.

“I bet you guys thought I was going to start with any of the four women I’ve faced before, well it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve subverted expectations in my reign because I’m talking about Johanna first! Why? Because of one little fact Johanna, this time last year you were the Bombshell Roulette Champion heading into High Stakes XI and in a match against Char Kwan no less, I bet you want history to repeat itself at Climax Control 314 right? You win the title at the Go Home Show and then retain it against Char?”

Nope!

“Yeah well, guess what? I want it to start raining lesbian porn, but I don’t see that happening either! Johanna, I’m not about to deny that you’re a hell of a competitor but what exactly have you done since you lost the Roulette Title to Royal Purple back at Inception IV? Not a lot, the last time you competed for a title was when you were just another name in the nine defences of Myra Rivers but aside from that? It’s like you took your ball and went home after losing the title!”

Not a good sign.

“And in answer to your question RedJaguar420, how does that tie into this defence is simple, who’s to say that you won’t do the same when things don’t go your way in the Graveyard Match? Now granted it is an elimination match and for all we know, you could be the first one out! Granted I have it on good authority that the Vegas odds have Bea Barnhart being the first one out but here me out, what will you do when your out of the match Johanna? Disappear again? I look forward to your answer.”

Next up is Bella.

“Miks5642 asks, “does that mean Bella’s next” well first off dude, I’d be looking into the state lottery or your country’s equivalent if I were you because you are right on the money! Bella, it feels just like yesterday that we were facing off in the Glitter Lightsabre Duel at Violent Conduct VII even though that wasn’t my last defence, I’ll get to her in a second, but sadly this meeting is being plagued by Go Gym Drama again and this time, it’s not entirely my fault.”

Key word is entirely.

“I know you saw Ariana’s attack at the hands of Char Kwan Bella and let me reiterate what I said on Twitter last night, thanks for the kind words but I can’t let this match be the end of my reign, not only do I feel like I have a lot left to prove but the burning question in my mind is what happens to my match against Char if I lose the title to any of you? I can’t let this happen, this whole feud with Char started with the Roulette Title and I have too much pride to let this be the end!”

Sadly.

“Bella I know you’ll get me a hell of a fight, before my defence against Seleana at Disneyworld you were my toughest challenge to date, and you went to hell and back to get that shot! What that told me is that we’re a lot alike because we’re both young women who won’t let adversity get in the way of our goals. It just so happens that adversity is the fact that I’m heading into this match knowing that my friend who is like a sister to me will be having her stitches removed on her birthday because of a big gold shiny belt!”

The things people will do.

“This is our fourth meeting Bella and unfortunately for you, this is ending the same way as our previous three meetings, with me picking up the win! As I said, I know what your capable off in the squared circle and I know that when we face off in the ring magic happens between us but thanks to Ari’s attack I am even more focussed and determined than ever to come out the other side having defended the title again!”

Next up is Seleana.

“We gotta have some clairvoyants in the chat because Dru4862 just predicted that I’m talking about Seleana next and what do you know? I am! When we faced off at Disneyworld Seleana you proved to be an even tougher match for me than Bella but the fact that I’m still the Bombshell Roulette Champion shows that I overcame the challenge you presented to me! And now that we’re heading into my sixth defence, I have to ask myself if I can do it again.”

Survey says?

“I reckon I can come out the other end still the Bombshell Roulette Champion and move onto High Stakes XI You see Seleana I’m a wrestler who thrives when I’m given decent competition and this match is more than just decent competition in my mind! Seleana when I last faced off against you, there was a little voice in my head saying: “this is it, this is where the reign ends” and as I said at the time, against you I would’ve been happy to lose the title.”

But now?

“Now that I’ve beaten you Seleana I feel a lot more confident about my chances in this match! I know that you, much like Bella, will give me the best matchup if it comes down to just the two of us but sadly this match excludes the possibility of us having a decent length one on one encounter by its nature, I can really only hope for one thing if it does come down to the two of us and that is that you’ll make me fight to get you in that coffin!”

Yikes.

“And that’s a great sentence to hear out of context! But in all seriousness Seleana, you came the closest to ending my reign at Disneyworld and I have no doubt that you’ll do the same at the Halloween Show AKA Climax Control 315, but I can’t let the loss to Andrea get me down because I’ve bounced back from setbacks before, and this match will be no different! So, thus far we have three Bombshells who have a decent chance at dethroning me, and then there’s the fourth challenger!”

That’s right, it’s Bea.

“Yeah, you don’t really need psychic powers to see this one coming! Out of all my challengers it’s Bea Barnhart who sticks out like a sore thumb and not in a good way, you see Johanna has a reputation for being a tough competitor, Seleana is a former Roulette, same as Johanna, and World Bombshell Champion, and Bella has the determination and strength or character to carry her far in this business but Bea?”

How did she qualify?

“What? Did they have Mercedes Vargas in mind before she accepted Austin and Tempest’s open challenge? Well regardless Bea if the Vegas odds have Johanna as a favourite to dethrone me, they have you as the favourite to be the first one eliminated, and I guess it’s up to me to make a lot of gambling addicts happy! But why don’t we talk about the last time we faced off, shall we? Let’s take the clock all the way back to Summer XXXTreme IX!”

Yep.

“Admittedly this is small time compared to everything Char Kwan did to me since I accepted her challenge but even so, you took it upon yourself to steal my title after I defended it for the first time against Maki and what’s even more hilarious in hindsight is the excuse! You said you wanted to take it to Char Kwan to get it cleaned, and what do you know? Char Kwan is the current thorn in my side as champion!”

Funny that, huh?

“Everyone knows how well that ended for you Bea and I hope you don’t try that again, I’d hate to have to spit in your face for the second time this year! As I said, the Vegas Odds say that you’ll be the first one out, but with your husband enjoying his first singles title reign it begs the question of whether your motivation to join your husband in a sort off Roulette Title Power Couple will overcome that, spoilers! No, no it won’t!”

It’s that simple.

“It’s been five months since I won the Roulette Title, in that time I’ve had five defences with this five pack challenge being defence number six, fitting isn’t it? Johanna, Bella, Seleana, Bea, in front of me I have three worthy challengers and Bea Barnhart, anyone else would’ve baulked at such a challenge but not me because ii there’s any title defence that will solidify my status as NOT a fluke champion, it’s this one!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Okay guys, promo stream is almost over, thanks for tuning in, I’ll make sure to get the VOD sent in to the bosses, and as for Johanna, Bella, Seleana and Bea, I know that you will all give me everything you’ve got to win my title, but it won’t be enough, and who knows? Maybe I’ll launch each and everyone of you into the grave with the Down Under Thunderbomb courtesy of “Down Under Thunder” Krystal Wolfe, long may I reign!”

I ended the stream as the scene fades.