Author Topic: “Boy, that escalated quickly!”  (Read 652 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Boy, that escalated quickly!”
« on: September 30, 2021, 06:01:40 PM »
(Keira was used with permission from her handler)

Jessie may have lost her match to Keira, but she still managed to make an impact, surprising everyone by confronting Myra Rivers after her win over Bea Barnhart and eventually challenging the former Internet Champion to a Chamber of Extreme Match at High Stakes XI! Myra accepted the challenge, and the match was set for the biggest show of the year, or was it? Because this week the bosses had other plans.

What were those plans? A second rematch between Jessie and Amber Ryan for the World Bombshell Championship! Jessie had been chasing after the World Bombshell Championship for years but had fallen short each time but with a match against Amber’s last challenger on the horizon, the bosses apparently decided to test Jessi again and this time? It was a regular match! No Food Fight Matches in sight! Can Jessie finally win the World Bombshell Championship? And what would that mean for her match against Myra?

Walt Disneyworld, Orlando Florida
Sunday the 26th of September 2021, 21:00pm

This has been an interesting week.

What else do you expect me to say about a week that’s capping off with a wrestling show being hosted at Disneyworld? Technically me and the rest of the wrestlers would be staying at the park overnight and traveling to the next destination early tomorrow morning, the only exception to that was the Bombshell Roulette Champion as Krystal Wolfe had made it clear to the bosses after her successful title defence against Seleana that whilst she was attending Climax Control 312 next week, she had some personal matters to tend to back in Vegas which would take up most of the week.

And based on what I saw of her conversation with Keira during the show, that probably meant that shit was going to get ugly for her.

Speaking of my best buddy Keira walked up to me after the Fatal Four Way Main Event had a contested finish to say the least, with both Roxi and Crystal scoring the simultaneous pin-fall on Mercedes, I’m sure that there are plenty of men and women in the audience who would pay good money for those two beauties to get on top of them, but I digress.

“The Main Event of Hight Stakes XI just got a lot more interesting.” I commented to Keira after she got close enough to me. “Wonder how the bosses will handle this next week.”

“Only one way to find out, and that’s to wait until next week.” Keira shrugged her shoulders in response as I turned to the blonde bombshell. “Speaking of High Stakes XI, what was with your challenge to Myra Rivers after her match against Bea?”

I shook my head with an annoyed sigh. “Violent Conduct VII was the second PPV of the year that I was left off, it would’ve been three, but Christina issued that open challenge for Summer XXXTreme IX and I accepted, this is a trend that I cannot allow to continue into 2022 and when Myra got on the mic to talk about how she wasn’t backing down from Amber and, well, I felt that I needed to say something.” I explained as I folded my arms. “The challenge for Myra to put her money where her mouth is, well it just came to me whilst she was yapping on as did the idea for a Chamber of Extreme Match.”

“I get that but Jess, Myra was just in an Exploding Barbwire Death Match, there’s a reason why there’s only ever been two of those match types in the company’s history!” Keira pointed out with a concerned look on her face. “How do you know she’ll be at 100% by the time High Stakes XI comes around?”

“Hey, I was just as surprised as everyone else when she accepted, body condition aside, everyone knows my reputation in that match type.” I pointed out as a stage hand came up to us and handed over the card for next week’s show. “Besides, High Stakes XI isn’t until the first week of November, if she isn’t fully recovered from the Exploding Barb Wire Death Match by then, then Myra was probably fucked up even worse by that match even worse than everyone thought and frankly? Has no business getting back in the ring if that’s the case!”

“That is a good point.” Keira nodded in agreement before we read the card for next week’s show, there was only a couple of matches that caught my eye like the match between The Troll and Brother David Shepherd (for the sheer hilarity of it), the match for the newly vacated Roulette Title which would later become a Triple Threat Match between Bill Barnhart, Miles Kasey and Lincoln Daniels, Caleb’s first match as the Internet Champion and Dani Weston’s match against Mercedes Vargas, and then I saw my match and unfortunately, I happened to be taking a sip of my drink when I saw it.

I say unfortunately because the rest of my soda ended up being a stain on the floor. “I take it you’ve just seen the Main Events.”

“Yeah, I don’t even have a sarcastic comment about it!” I responded as I tossed the now empty soda cup in a nearby bin. “I just lost a match to you, how the hell do I qualify for another World Bombshell Title Shot against Amber?!”

“You complaining about a World Bombshell Title Shot, never thought I’d see the day.” Keira teased me and I gave her an annoyed glare. “But you’re right, it is odd, especially given Roxi’s position, you’d think I’d be their first choice.”

“I just know that the other Bombshells are going to bitch about this, even though I didn’t exactly ask for this shot this time!” I added before noticing the absence of someone who was with Keira earlier in the night. “Hey, where’s Nate?”

“I left him with Roxi right before my match against you, then it was my turn to look after him again when Roxi left for the Main Event.” Keira shrugged her shoulders in response, and I nodded as I got the idea. “She’s taken Nate back to the hotel room, but I wanted to catch up with you before I retired to Team Hero’s room for the night.”

“The boys are waiting for me back at the hotel, will probably head back once we’re done here.” I nodded in response before checking the time on my iPhone. “I’ve got a lot to think about, which will likely translate to me getting little to no sleep tonight, the second title shot against Amber, my match against Myra and how this shot could affect……….” I trailed off before it hit me. “Why didn’t I realize this sooner?!”

“You think you got that shot because you challenged Myra to a match?” Keira asked once she caught on and I nodded in response, after thinking for a minute Keira could only shrug. “It’s a better explanation than I can come up with! But if that’s the case and you win, what will that mean for the match against Myra?”

“Best case? It gets bumped down to the Main Event of the Halloween Show and I go on to defend against Chrystal and Roxi, worst case? I pull double duty at High Stakes XI.” I responded as I ran a hand through my hair. “Normally I’d be all up for the latter, but it would mean defending a title after a Chamber of Extreme Match, trust me when I say that those things are brutal.” I added and Keira nodded in understanding. “Come on, we’d better head back and my feet are killing me from wondering around the park all day.”

“You and me both.” Keira nodded in agreement before we walked off.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 30th of September 2021, 18:00pm

Did you think Krystal was the only one spending the week in Vegas instead of Atlanta? Nope, I’m up here as I know I need to be in the best shape I can be in for my second shot at Amber.

Me and Krystal were going to fly out to Atlanta first thing in the morning for a couple of reasons, namely the fact that it’s a four hour flight and by car it’s 28 hours and we realized that it would be massively impractical to drive out there this late in the week.

Krystal did have her own, personal reasons for staying in Vegas for most of the week, but I agreed to make the most it by allowing her to train with me in my home gym, most of you should know that this wasn’t the first time we’ve done this with me taking over her training following her spat with Gabriel a few weeks ago but even that arrangement was only for a week.

“Jessie?” Shane called down to me as I finished warming up in the ring and I looked up. “Krystal and Makayla are here, quick question though, they are a childless couple, right?”

I gave my husband a confused look. “They are a lesbian couple and whilst Krystal is bi, Makayla hasn’t exactly been shy about the fact that she’s never had any sexual interest in men, plus if Krystal had a kid from a previous partner I think we would’ve met them by now.”

“Fair points, but they do have a young girl with them, so you tell me.” Shane shrugged his shoulders before letting Krystal and Makayla go past him, it didn’t take me long to see a young, toddler aged girl being led down the steps by Makayla and I raised an eyebrow.

“Didn’t realize that you guys had taken up babysitting.” I commented dryly as Makayla let the girl, who to be fair was a cute kid with auburn brown hair that went past her shoulders and brown eyes, sit down next to her. “Care to tell me what this about?”

“I’ll cut to the chase this is my step-niece Rachel.” Krystal nodded as she motioned to the girl who waved to me. “I mentioned her at Climax Control?”

“Right, right, you were considering pursuing custody of the kid.” I nodded as Krystal rolled into the ring. “But I thought those types of proceedings took time to complete, I know I had a long wait before I was adopted.”

“That’s what we thought as well, but her mother made it easy for us and the judge.” Makayla explained as she leaned back in her chair. “Me and Krystal showed up for each hearing dressed professionally, I even got the dress-a-phobe that is my girlfriend to wear one to each of the hearings, Rachel’s mom on the other hand? She no-showed the first two hearings and on the third she showed up wasted out of her mind and basically told the judge that we could have her.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad I got my niece out of that situation, but I thought I could expect better from my step-sister.” Krystal added as she shook her head and I nodded as I got the idea. “I guess crack cocaine has that effect on people.”

“Take it from someone who came into SCW as a recovering crack addict and is now thirteen years sober.” I responded with a frown on my face as I thought back to my teen years. “It’s true that cocaine’s a hell of a drug, but it’s also a hell of a drug to kick,  I was lucky to have the support of my family as they got me through the withdrawal symptoms, but it sounds like your step-sister wasn’t so lucky.”

“Yeah, she’s in a similar situation to me, the majority of her family is back home in Australia.” Krystal nodded as she started warming herself up and Rachel came up to the ring apron. “But I keep in contact with my family on a regular basis, she doesn’t.”

“My mommy’s not a bad person.” Rachel interjected and we glanced over at her. “She just made some mistakes, Auntie Charlotte and Auntie Makayla are just looking after me for a while.”

Oh, to be young and naïve, wait, what did she call Krystal. “Auntie Charlotte?” I asked and immediately noticed the uncomfortable look on Krystal and Makayla’s faces. “This is something that no child should hear, isn’t it?”

“You can say that again.” Makayla sighed before she turned to the door leading out of the basement. “Shane, Jake, can you guys look after Rachel for a while?” Makayla called out to them, and Jake quickly poked his head out of the door. “Trust me, we’re about to talk about stuff that I’m not comfortable having a kid as young as Rachel in earshot off.”

“Ahh, one of those convos.” Jake nodded before motioning to Rachel. “Come on little princess, want to play on my Nintendo Switch?”

“YEAH!” Rachel responded enthusiastically before she raced up the stairs and joined Jake at the top, given how tall Jake is compared to me I can only imagine how tall he was compared to Rachel but once they were out of earshot I turned to Krystal.

“Jess, for starters, don’t go blabbing about this anyone, I’d rather people hear the story from me than a secondary source, if at all.” Krystal stated and I nodded before leaning against the ring ropes. “Charlotte is my birth name, but I had it legally changed to Krystal right before I moved to the US, there’s a good reason for that.” Krystal stated and I nodded before bracing myself. “My dad is a monster, there’s no kind way to describe it, he abused me and my mother, to the point where he claimed that I was conceived through rape.”

Holy shit. “I’m going to assume that your mom denied this?” I asked and Krystal nodded in response. “And your sister?”

“Different mom, same dad, but given what he did to my mom, it’s likely that she’s another victim of his.” Krystal explained and I nodded. “He’s in jail back home in Adelaide, he’s never getting out of jail either, he murdered me and my step-sister’s moms and it’s likely that he’s behind several other unsolved cases.”

“A serial killer in other words.” I surmised and Krystal nodded grimly. “You mentioned that Makayla got you away from your homelife at Climax Control, how did you manage that?”

“Luck mostly.” Makayla chimed in and Krystal nodded to affirm this. “Charlotte tried to escape after witnessing her mom’s murder, but she was caught, we’re still not sure why he didn’t murder her as well but we’re not complaining.” Makayla added as she took a deep breath. “When I rescued Charlotte she was borderline anorexic and had way more injuries than I cared to count, that was part of the reason why she became a wrestler.”

“You didn’t want to be a victim again?” I realised and Krystal nodded in response. “Then, in a really fucked up way, we’re birds of a feather, my foster dad before the Salcos took me in was abusive but I was saved by Child Services, I didn’t want to be a victim again either.”

“No wonder we hit it off so well, I’m practically an Australian you!” Krystal responded half-jokingly and I chuckled before Krystal got serious. “Look Jess, I told you because you found out via Rachel and I trust you but watch who you tell that too, if want to tell Jake and Shane that feel free but it’s like I said, I don’t want that to be well known.”

“You’ve got my word.” I nodded in agreement before I bounced off the ropes. “Enough of the depressing shit, I think we put off this training long enough.”

“Just one last thing.” Krystal added and I raised an eyebrow. “Most people know me as Krystal but only a few people can call my Charlotte, that includes Makayla, Gabriel and Odette, Ari and my niece, if you want to start calling me that feel free.”

I paused, mostly because it was clear as day that it meant a lot to the younger wrestler. “Just one condition, if I get to call you that, so do Jake and Shane, they know my history so they should understand your request perfectly.”

“That’s fine by me.” Krystal, or Charlotte as I was going to call her from now on, nodded as she got ready to spar. “So, shall we get started?”

“Ready when you are Charlotte.” I nodded before we started sparring.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 30th of September 2021, 21:00pm

*promo time*

This was something I didn’t expect.

“When I made that challenge to Myra last Sunday at Disneyworld, I was expecting a few things, Mark and Christian to laugh in my face for making such a challenge, people telling me that I had no chance against her, what I didn’t expect was for my next match to be for the World Bombshell Championship, much less another single’s match against Amber Ryan and whilst I am thankful that it isn’t a Food Fight Match, I have to say, in the words of Roy Burgundy, boy, that escalated quickly!”

You can say that again.

“I don’t mean to steal another Bombshell’s job but, well, it’s not like Mercedes Vargas gives a shit these days, Amber, this is our fourth match against each other, our fourth single’s match and your second as the defending World Bombshell Champion and look, everyone knows what happened the first time we faced off last year in your debut match for SCW! Everyone remembers the Vanilla Ice Cream incident for better or for worse, I’m past that shit and I hope to god your past it too!”

Seriously, I think the ice cream’s gone off by now!

“So, what is there left to talk about? How about everything that’s happened between that match and now? In the months following your debut Amber you proved to be one of the most vicious Bombshells to come into SCW in a long time as Team Hero and Myra Rivers can attest too, and have obviously gone on to win the World Bombshell Title, me on the other hand?”

Couldn’t be more different!

“I enjoyed a brief Bombshell Roulette Title reign that was cut off by vindictive bosses and there was the Sin incident as well, we’ve been through a lot since you made your debut during the summer of 2020 Amber and whilst it can’t really be argued that you’ve had more success on paper, I’ve been in the background, grinding away since the Sin incident and trying to mend as many burnt bridges as I can before I decide that my time is up and I hang up the boots for good, real question is, what stopped me from joining Amy in semi-retirement?”

The answer is around your waist.

“There’s only one thing stopping me from finally hanging up the boots for good and that’s the grand slam! The World Bombshell Championship has been  the one title that has eluded me for years since I won the Internet Championship from Mercedes Vargas all those years ago and even after SCW briefly closed its doors in 2018 it was still at the back of my mind, so where does that leave me if I do win the title from you? Retirement? After all, that title is the one thing between me and the grand slam!”

I shook my head.

“Frankly? At this point I feel like I’ll retire from wrestling when I’m dead! Like I said that title has been in my sights for years Amber and I’ve tried every trick in the book short of straight up stealing the title to make that dream a reality but if I had succeeded in that goal, we’d be weaving a different tale, wouldn’t we? Instead, I’ve been the perpetual World Bombshell Title chaser for years and it even cost me the respect and friendship of my fellow wrestlers, all because I wanted to be among the legends that have achieved the Grand Slam! It sure is lonely at the top, isn’t it Amber?”

Yet so many people want to be at the top of the mountain.

“They say ambition is evil, if that’s true than I’ve got to be one of the evillest women in history, I’ve always been an ambitious wrestler and that title is the peak of my ambition! Amber, I’m not going to mince words here, I know you’re a hell of a wrestler and you’re as vicious as you’re talented but don’t underestimate how long I’ve been chasing that title or the lengths I’ll go to in order to finally end that case! Hell, most people underestimate just how long I’ve been after that thing!”

You have no idea.

“Next year will be my tenth year in SCW and even as far back as 2012 I had dreams of one day being at the very top of the Bombshell division, back then those were merely dreams, I was a naïve twenty two year old wrestler more interested in making a name for myself than winning a title but the dream was still there, now? Nearly ten years on and I’m still chasing that dream, and that chase ends on Sunday.”

It’s that simple.

“I was just as surprised as everyone else when this match was announced but as always, I’m going to make the most of it, much like I did in every other attempt I’ve made at winning that damn title, what will this mean for my match against Myra at High Stakes? Your guess is as good mine but until then, I have a nine year old dream to finally fulfil this Sunday night at Climax Control where I finally win the World Bombshell Title.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Krystal’s been taking pot-shots at the nay sayers who said that her reign would be a one and done the longer her reign has gone on for, I guess it’s only fair that I do the same once I walk out the World Bombshell Champ right? One final fuck you to those who said that I don’t belong this far up among the best of the Bombshell division?? How can I resist? But first, I have to defeat you Amber and when I strike you like Blood Lightning, I will do just that! See you in the ring!”

I resumed my training as the scene fades.