Author Topic: Not your everyday 'Damsel in Distress'  (Read 652 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Not your everyday 'Damsel in Distress'
« on: September 24, 2021, 11:39:41 PM »
Mirror Mirror on the wall
Who is the greatest fuck up of them all?

She couldn’t believe it. All of that work.

And nothing to show for it.

She got to the back, Malachi didn’t even wait for her to come through the curtain, he was waiting for her on stage and they glared for the cameras  right there with a warm smile and a waiting hug. Both she welcomed, but it felt like it was wasted. He’d walk her to catering in the arena, sit her down, making sure she hydrated herself like always. She could tell he was trying to not let her go into her own shame spiral but it was fruitless. They called for him for his match and she saw he was reluctant to leave her by herself.

Leaning on her hand she couldn’t help but get a kick out of his reluctance to leave her side. She leaned on her hand and just smiled at him, making a muscle with her other arm, “Go, I’ll be alright. I’m a big strong girl. I can tie my own shoes and everything.

Which brought a smirk to his face, giving her a kiss, “See you in a few.

Knock 'em dead, babe.” she said to his back, but he turned and winked at her with his bright blue eyes. But the moment she knew he was gone, she just groaned and collapsed into her arms, trying to not scream at the Gods in front of the staff.

After a quiet moment in silence, she just couldn’t sit there anymore. “Fuck it.” she pronounced loudly, pounding on the table, after leaving out one of the loudest breaths in history, almost scaring the staff. Sliding her boots off, she made her way to the locker room area, determined to watch him and be prepared for whatever may come from his match.

Needless to say, they were on a flight back to New York 4 hours later.

Neither wanted to celebrate anything.

Go home. Recoup. Recover. And try again.

Penny for your thoughts.

Bella practically jumped out of her skin when her sister-in-law, Alanah made her way through the door to the nursery, with bottles in her hand. Mal insisted that they’d visit within a couple days of getting home, because he knew that seeing Patrick and Elise was exactly what they both needed. He wasn’t showing much of anything following his loss to Caleb, but Bella basically dragged herself around the house.

She couldn’t help herself, being in awe of Alanah. She had the poise of the queen she is but you could tell that it was tiring having 2 babies AND dealing with Jack. Though she knew Jack would die for his children, something told her that her visit was very much welcomed at the Russow manor.

Before Alanah returned though she stood over the cribs, just staring at the little ones who were almost a month old already and just lost in nothingness. So it was no wonder that her return scared her a bit.

I’m sorry! You okay?

Bella collects herself before smiling at Alanah, “Yeah, no, I’m fine. Just lost in my own little world for a moment.

Gosh, at least you didn’t scream.

Thankfully I had the good sense to know where I was. Need help?

Of course! Who do you want?

She smiles as she looks at the babes, “I think I’ll take Patrick. Haven’t spent as much time with him as I have with her. Nothing personal Ellie.” she says, talking to her little niece, before reaching over and carefully grabbing Patrick.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am for you and Mal popping over as much as possible?” Lanah says, handing Bella one of the bottles and picking up her daughter, “It’s been a Godsend, really.

Why haven’t you gotten yourself a part-time nanny or even a housekeeper? Take some of the stress off of you.” Bella says, settling into one of the rocking chairs with Patrick in her arms.

I said something but Jack is so protective of the babies and after what happened with that witch...

Bella sighs, as she watches Alanah settle in with her daughter, “Good point, but still, a little help will go a long way around here. I could put in a few calls, see if my grandfather knows of some agency that really vets their people...

I wouldn’t want you to go out of your way just for...

Rolling her eyes, she grabs the cloth on her, she cleans up a little dribble on the baby’s chin, “NONSENSE! Lanah, these are my niece and nephew and YOU TOO! Mal would flip if he saw how exhausted you really are.” she continues to feed Patrick, almost like the pro she is after she helped with Jack’s brother and sister years ago, “I would love to help in any way I can and with us doing these tours again, trust me I am more than willing to make your life easier.

Well...if you insist.

I do.” Bella says, “Of course it’s yours and Jack’s final call but just that extra help will bring me peace of mind for you too, mommy.

Alanah almost blushes when Bella calls her ‘Mommy’, “I’m still not used to that.

But you are, and you are a wonderful mother. I don’t know how you do this.

Alanah just raises her eyebrow as she checks on Elise before looking at Bella, “Do what?

Bella motions around with her head at everything, “This! While I can tell you are exhausted, you just...you look like you have it all together.

That brings a fit of laughter, “Trust me, I don’t. I dropped a glass of milk in the sink the other night, and completely lost it.

Bella watches as Alanah brings Elise up to burp her before looking down at Patrick, “That could just be hormones.

Maybe, but trust me, I barely hold it together sometimes. Between the littles, worrying over Jack, my own health...seeing what is going on with you...” Alanah looks at her sister-in-law, “I know that loss to Krystal is still eating at you.

It’s not that she beat me, it’s the fact that I worked so damn hard and I just have nothing to show for it. When I got word that SCW was finishing the year HERE, in New York? AT MSG? I don’t know, I thought it was like the stars had finally panned out in my direction but instead I’m finding myself right back at the end of the line.

Silence fills the air for a moment as Patrick finishes his bottle finally giving Bella a chance to burp him. The sisters sit there for a moment before Alanah finally breaks the the quiet.

So...now what?

I don’t know. And that’s scarier than a gauntlet and facing down gorram wheel from Hades. But I do have a question, do you think Jack would go...” with her foot she steps on a squeaky toy that one of their dogs left in the room, “Ba-zurk if you got to play hooky here soon? I could really use a good girls da-” Patrick finally lets out a good burp and then almost immediately starts grunting. “Uh oh....

Oh boy....sounds like someone is trying to poop. I forgot the extra diapers downstairs. I’ll be right back.

Alanah cradles her daughter in her arms and quickly leaves the room as Patrick continues to grunt away. Bella looks at him, “That’s alright kiddo...seems like everyone is shitting on me lately.

When You Wish Upon A Star

Bella sits patiently in a chair, her long blonde hair pulled up in a high ponytail, wearing a purple top. She seems almost lost in thought for a moment, “Lanah asked the million dollar question.” her bright blue eyes look up, “Now what?

Shaking her head, she glances around, like she can’t believe that she has to do this again, that she can’t face the truth but she knows she doesn’t have a choice, “I failed. I failed so unbelievably badly and I have found myself back at a place I really didn’t want to be.

It’s like getting stuck on the Small World ride and the attendant is taking a smoke break so all you can do is sit there and listen to the same song over and over and over. How many times do you take it before you finally snap and start taking out the animatronics? Well, I can tell you this much....I’m pretty close.

She stands up and puts her hands on her hips and leans in ever so slightly like she’s trying to garner up all the sass she can, “I’m going to make something VERY abundantly clear, I am not about to be some damsel in distress that the prince needs to come rescue. I’m a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle this. SO if anyone of you think that Mal is suddenly gonna show up and bring me out of this weird moment in my career, get to stepping and have a nice day because I’m not gonna be calling for him everytime something doesn’t go my way.

Putting her head in her hands, she whispers just loud enough, “I know my goal....New York City. her eyes appear again and you can see them shining just right, that hint of she is determined to make it or break it, “Madison. Square. Garden. Standing in the ring, in my hometown and the fans singing along to my theme song as I somehow manage to shock the entire world. How do I get there?

She makes a broad motion and just throws her hands out with a giant shrug, “Your guess is about as good as mine. BUT, I do know where it starts.

Speaking of getting stuck on mind numbing rides, Violet Amelia Holt.....good lord,” she laughs at herself, “Apparently buying a clue to stop putting your nose in my business didn’t quite sink in the last time. What’s sad is now I get to do this in front of your hometown in the Happiest Place on Earth. Let me lay this out for you, Vi, YOU ARE NOT THE HERO IN THIS STORY!

Stopping herself short, she holds up her hand, “BUT, I will say that even if the villains have a chance at a happy ending, sometimes the villain's story is just started on a simple misunderstanding or a wrong turn. I heard a rumor that you were attempting to turn over a new leaf and my dear for your sake, I sure hope so. Because the last time we did this, you backed the wrong damn horse. And let me tell you something right now, I am not in the best mindset.

She walks around for a moment, seemingly stressed out a bit, “I am backed into this corner that I have no one to blame but myself for the situation I find myself in...but that doesn’t mean that I am just going to sit back and let you get one up on me. I am in a very dangerous place right now....but victims, aren’t we all?

Stopping, she adjusts her ponytail, moving it just right, “So, to the SCW Fans, boo me if you must...SCW Management, pay close attention...SCW Bombshell locker room...you haven’t seen ANYTHING yet. And to Violet Amelia Holt, I will not apologize for what I am about to do to you.” a smirk crosses her face before she stands up and begins to walk away, swaying the entire way, she turns around and smirks, giving a small salute, “Thanks for everyone, guys. It’s been a real slice.