Author Topic: AJM and TEMPEST (c) V J2H and CHRISTINA ZDUNICH - WORLD MIXED TAG - STREETFIGHT  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Lawyers

His patience was slowly wearing thin. After being on time for their appointment, in fact, Austin and Amy had been there 20 minutes early just to make sure they could get in and see him, but after an hour and a half, there was still no meeting to be had. For someone like Austin who always made sure he was on time and ready for anything, this seems like an insult. Something that got under his skin and made his blood boil. Amy was nervous, her feet crossed under herself as she sat on the chair. Her legs nervously twitching as her toes tapped against the ground. Her hands were fumbling and twitching as she tried to calm them down by class in her hands together and sitting up straight. It didn’t seem to work Austin's eyes slowly sliding across the room to look at his sister.

He took a deep breath in, reaching over the space between them, his large hand completely engulfing both of hers as he held them, his thumb rubbing the back of one of her hands as she started to calm down, she smiled and gave a note to her younger brother. He was her rock, he had been since he got her out of that hospital, aside from a brief period where Amy had to go and rediscover herself and have some time alone they had been inseparable. But, even with all that it happened between them Amy still didn’t want to rely on anyone.

It was hard, coming from a place in your mind where people were constantly telling you you’re crazy and a danger to everyone and anyone, only to have a family member pull you up and take care of you, nurse you back to a positive mental state and then try and make sure you are set on the straight and narrow in life. Amy loved Austin, Austin loved Amy. And now with everything that has gone on they realize they needed each other more than ever. Austin‘s wife Lisa also loved Amy, not having much family of her own, it was a chance for her to have a sister. Someone to talk to and bond with, Lisa had her back just like Austin dead. But here they were having two completely different reactions to being disrespected.

The sad part is, they needed him. They needed a good lawyer to take on the parents of Amy's ex-boyfriend, forcing their way into Amy’s life, forcing their way into Austin‘s nephew's life. And thinking that they can dictate when and where they see him. Amy was hurt and upset, Austin was furious. But he needed to keep a clear head, he needed to make sure he stayed calm and was able to present what he needed in an honest and open manner. But that was going to be exceedingly difficult when the lawyer hadn’t even bothered to be on time.

“Maybe he had a family emergency?” Amy offered up an excuse, trying to keep her demeanor and voice nice and calm. Austin shook his head as Amy let out a low-sounding sigh. She was trying to be positive, trying to hope and pray that he had just been called away by something more important than his job. Austin swallowed moving his eyes around the office, all across the bookshelves, the walls covered with diplomas and pictures, the various paintings that he had obviously purchased with a great deal of money. However, what really caught his eye was the desk. It was a deep mahogany, a solid piece of hardwood that reflected the light above. It reminded him of his father‘s desk, one that he would often look at when he went into the office.

He took a deep breath closing his eyes, hearing the door click behind him. He turned his head as the lawyer walked into the room. He was wearing a black three-piece suit, a red tie, his hair cut in one of the most preppy ways possible.

“My apologies I got caught up at a corporate lunch. Now, what can I do for you Mr Minton?” Austin sneered

“Mercer…”

The lawyer raised an eyebrow, looking down at the file sitting in front of him before giving Austin and Amy a nod and a move of his hand. “Of course, my name is Don Nichols. I’m a senior partner here and as much as I’d like to help you this case is not something I would normally do.” He arrogantly smiled, folding the file closed and throwing it down on his desk. He pushed out a deep breath and shook his head looking at them both.

Austin could feel the judgment, both he and Amy were dressed comfortably, converse shoes, jeans, T-shirts. Austin with a leather jacket over the top. His hair was tied back in a bun with his trademark beard.

Don into least his fingers leaning back in his swiveling leather chair, tilting to the side and kicking his legs out looking straight across the desk at them both. “I can give you a phone number, one where they would be more your speed and who will also be in your price ra-“

That was it, Austin’s hand slammed against the edge of the mahogany desk, Don looked up startled as Austin shook his head slowly, his deep voice moving out. “Are you kidding me? First you don’t turn up on time, then you come in and say not only that you can’t help us but that you would be out of my price range anyway? You’re even got my name wrong.” He growled, he sneezed, his eyes narrowed as he slowly stood up. Don seeing the sheer size of Austin intimidated him, his hand drifting over towards the telephone with the emergency red button on the bottom to call for help. “Did the name Mercer not ring a bell? My father‘s name was Christian.”

Don swallowed hard, his eyes widened. It hit him who he had just insulted. Amy looked down, her heart sank to the pit of her stomach as she watched her brother get angry. The truth is, they needed a lawyer. A good one. While Austin had inherited a lot of money from their father and was making a very good living she did not have anything. And her ex-boyfriend's parents were people of means. They had money, they had influence. Austin turned and looked down at his sister he reached down putting his hand on her shoulder before turning back to Don.

“Price range? I don’t think you can put a price on family. My sister needs my help, my nephew needs my help, you are one of the best lawyers around, you came highly recommended, but you weren’t the only name on the list recommended to me.” Austin moved the chair from behind him, Amy got to her feet, Austin put his arm around her shoulder, and moved to leave her out the door. He heard the wheels on the leather chair rolled backward, he felt Don get to his feet. And then he heard his voice with a lot of the bass taken out of it call out across the office

“Mr Mercer. Ms Mercer…..” Austin stopped, he pivoted off his heels turning himself and Amy back to him. Don’t put his head down looking very meek and accommodating. “I apologise, please, let ne see if I can help you” Austin looked down at Amy she gave him a nod, Austin looked at Don giving him the same small move with his head moving towards the desk again, Don looked at his phone pressing the intercom button. “Gianna cancel my 3 o’clock drinks….I’m busy with a client.”

A returning legend

”Well what a sad state of affairs this is. The entire company actually…”

Austin shook his head, his long brown hair was wet and flowed down his shoulders and back, slicked across the top of his head as he folded his arms over his chest.

”You’ve got a world champion able to call his own shots and decide who he is going to face. Instead of management doing their jobs and looking at contenders to face him and making the choice.Or, making sure you have matches set up to select them for you. But apparently, that is too hard, and apparently, we’re now in the business of people who already have championships facing the champion and forcing titles to be vacated. Because that sure as shit makes sense and makes your company’s championships look freakin great. But, Alex deserves the opportunity he has. At first, I was annoyed. See Alex was happy defending that roulette title he had and he was selected by Mac, meanwhile I’m right here….”

“Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks falling from the sky. Why would he pick me? I’m just the tag team guy now. Right? And hey, don’t get me wrong, I am proud of what I have done and I love teaming with Tempest and watching her absolutely wreck every female she gets in the ring with. But we are barely booked, barely promoted and I have spent more time sitting at home than I care to admit or deal with.”

“But, that’s why. It seems like I’m not worthy of a shot like that.”

“So instead, I should be happy being in the mixed tag division, I mean after all, if I did get a shot, if I did beat Mac, and trust me on this, I would have, then the Mixed tag titles would have to be vacated or another partner found for Tempest and 1. I don’t want to do that to her and 2. I don’t like the idea of vacating titles to appease someone’s ego. Since we can’t hold more than one title at a time in this company it’s hard to have anyone excited for it. And I would be more excited if we actually had contenders. If the mixed tag division had a clear line of contendership. But we don’t have that. Instead we have a situation where anyone can walk up and come for the titles, therefor devaluing them…”

He pauses and shakes his head, reaching over to grab his title belt, throwing it over his shoulder.

”Look at what Tempest and I have done. We beat two people who are jokes in this company and then defended them against Miles Kasey and Seleana Zdunich. The sad fact is that Tempest and I won them in our first match as a team because there was no one else and as much as we have wanted to make this division better it seems like the titles will forever be contended by two people who have nothing better to do. Or people who are just hungry for gold and who will do anything to get it. Like Crystal Hilton, or Rose, or Zdunich. The truth is no one ever knows what to call you. You change your name as often as you do your personality.”

“You are one of the biggest problems in this damn company Crystina. For whatever reason Alex likes you, maybe it’s nostalgia from working in other companies, maybe he’s just to nice to tell you he doesn’t really like you and you’re not really friends, but as far as a person? As a human being? A mother, a wife, a family member or a productive member of society? Honey, you couldn’t get a star on yelp.”

“But, it will be really entertaining watching what Tempest does to you. See you might be fast and cunning, you might be a damn veteran with world title reigns to your name, but Tempest is a monster.”

“She is a powerful beast of a human being who will snatch you out of the air and rip your damn arms off if she has to. And I’ll stand on the apron and just laugh and smile. Cause it honestly couldn’t happen to a nicer goddamn person…..that was sarcasm, incase you couldn’t tell. But, you did pick a great tag team partner, I’ll give you that. Little miss Crystalina has some brains when it comes to who the fuck she should hitch her wagon to and ride the coattails of. Which shouldn’t surprise anyone, Seleana has been keeping you relevant for years…”

He laughs to himself, putting his championship down.

”J2H, a man who is, for whatever reason, deciding to team with Crystal, instead of bringing his wife back. But, he’s a legend. The longest reigning SCW world champion, the man who was ruling this place before Wolfslair was a concept. And I mean, not just in SCW as a group, I mean before Alex conceived the gym itself. That’s how long ago it was that J2H was destroying anyone and everyone in SCW on his path to greatness..”

“Now, I know so many of you are probably expecting me to talk about how, in his absence, myself and my stable mates have ruled SCW with an iron fist, or maybe talk about him not being the guy he once was and all that jazz…”

“But, I’m not stupid…”

“J2H is thje type of person who can walk into any arena SCW is in and make the crowd go insane, he can get the type of visceral reactions usually reserved for royalty. Because, well in the realm of Sin City Wrestling he is. He is a man and a name respected by all and I too respect his accomplishments, accolades and his records.”

“But that doesn’t mean I wont break him in half…”

A booming laugh comes from Austin, he smirks and runs his hands through his hair keeping it slicked back.

”J2H is a name and scalp. He’s someone that a win over, no matter the match type or stipulation, is meaningful. It could be in a singles match, one on one, or...a streetfight tag team match where he’s being handicapped by his sneaky bitch of a partner. But, that’s where we are at Violent conduct, and the name of the show says it all. A streetfight is volent, it’s dirty, it’s four people who will have to do whatever it takes to win...and trust me on this...I will do whatever it takes to keep these titles….and so will tempest…”
>

Offline J2H

• View Profile
    • J2H
What's My Motivation?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »
The big boot to the jaw, the shot heard around the world, but nothing like hearing it up close. J2H's ears were still ringing from that shot, the heavy landing outside the ring troubled him for the almost three hour flight home between Seattle and Los Angeles. His back felt torn to shreds as he sat almost motionless on a private flight out of the Emerald City and back to the City of Angels. He returned back to his home a little after midnight local time, Melody and James Jr sound asleep at this point and this is where we join him.

J2H sat at the kitchen counter as darkness and silence filled the mansion he shared with his wife Melody, his son James and his man servant, Simpson.

Usually the trio would wait for his return, well, James Jr as much as he could before falling asleep in his mothers arms, but today was different, J2H had told his wife not to worry, he was at the top of the country and didn't know what time he would get home. He expected to be later, but he never stopped to see the end of the show, just enough time to get to the back, pick up his things, go over a few things with Hot Stuff Mark Ward and Brooke Saxon before heading out before the crowd. He knew no matter what he was doing in SCW, main eventing for a title, facing a legend for the sake of it, or even in this lowly rivalry, the people wanted to see him.

But here he sat in to the night with his family nearby, wondering to himself why? Why is he doing this to himself. He don't need the money, he really doesn't need to money. The silver spoon he was born with had long turned in to gold, before firing its way to platinum. Money now was not a thing, he was set for life, he was born set for life, but now his wife was set for life, his child was set for life. He'd been in the wrestling business for ten years on and off and he'd set future generations up for life, at the age of just twenty seven! Twenty seven, let that sink in. He is in the prime of his life, so why go back to wrestling every so often, risking an injury that might stop him from behind able to play sports with his son in the future? Why does he do it when he and his wife could go live the charmed life with nothing to worry about again?

What was his motivations?

He was so focused on the marble kitchen counter, he didn't see, nor hear Simpson moving behind him, a surprise for such a heavy set man, with huge feet.

Simpson: Sir? Are you ok?

The sound of Simpson's deep voice instantly snapped J2H's head around, his eyes squinted in the dark as he looked towards the shadow of Simpson.

J2H: I'm fine, just in a world of thought.

J2H put his hand to the side, indicating for Simpson to move closer, stand beside him.

Simpson: I'm sorry if I disturbed you sir.

A quick shake of J2H's head indicated he wasn't bothered. I watched Simpson out of the corner of his eye move towards him.

J2H: Are Melody and the little man sleeping?

The burly Simpson nodded his bald head, a proud smile on his face. There was always a sense of pride with Simpson whenever young James was mentioned. He had watched J2H grow up to be the man he is today and always hoped he would get to see James Jr grow up and become his own man.

Simpson: They are sir. They watched you but young James fell asleep. They opted for an early night tonight, they have plans to celebrate with you tomorrow for your television appearance.

This instantly confused J2H, but he understood. Every time J2H was on television, James Jr wanted to celebrate the next day, because he saw daddy on television. None of the celebrations were remotely adult, and mostly involved a day at the park or ice cream, but this time, J2H didn't feel like celebrating.

J2H: Celebrate what Simpson? I flew for almost three hours to get kicked in the face, and my jaw is still swinging, a bad landing over the rope to the point I might not be able to pick him up in the morning, and for what? What am I even doing this for?

It was a question he had asked himself since day one, since Christina Rose, or Crystal Zdunich, or whoever she's gonna be next week, invited him on to the Rose Garden. He had never been close to Christina, he didn't like her or the rest of her family. He found them to be more then a little mentally fucked up, so he avoided her and her weird offspring for a long time. He often wondered why he would even show up.

Simpson: I think you miss the feeling of being in front of the crowd sir. It is, as many have said in the past, an addiction. Many of your peers over the years have returned just to hear the crowd. When you consider so much of the past two years, many people have not been able to go about their lives and many people do not have what you have here. Many people do not have their own private bar, gym, cinema, or even land to walk on. Maybe somewhere inside you, hearing the crowd would somehow make things feel normal.

J2H sat and processed what was said to him, sitting in complete silence as he let the words fall from Simpson's mouth to his ears. He had, for the sake of his family, stayed away from everyone and everything for the best part of two years and Simpson was right. So many people were trapped in high rise apartment blocks, unable to leave.

J2H: I don't know Simpson. I just need to find a reason to give a shit about this whole thing, I need to find a reason to care.

Simpson: This would mean you would have help every SCW Championship that you possibly could have sir. Maybe that should be your motivation?

J2H: I don't give a shit about a belt in a dying division. The Tag Team divisions were ok back in the day, good teams but this mixed tag bullshit, no one gives a fuck about it. There's something else that got me here and I don't know what but I'm telling you this Simpson. I need to work it out and I need to work it out fast, because if not. I'm gonna go out there, look like shit and ruin my own legacy.

Simpson nodded towards the young man, resting his hand on his shoulder with a reassuring squeeze.

Simpson: I have no doubt you will sir.

J2H listened to Simpson's footsteps as he turned to walk away, returning to whatever he was doing before he felt the need to walk towards the kitchen for no apparent reason. J2H sat there, thinking, wondering, pondering, his mind running over and over, he couldn't put his finger on what drew him back to the ring this time. The last time was simple, hide away on a cruise ship for a day after appearing under the cover of darkness, shock the world with an appearance, beat some random guy in three seconds and go home, but this, this was bigger, this was better, but why? What pulled him back? The answer was right under his nose but he just couldn't see it. With each passing hour, it played on his mind more. What got him to return this time? If anyone would know, it would be his inspiration in life, Melody Grace....

The following day.....

Celebration day was often a day picked out by James Jr. He loved seeing his parents on television and loved to celebrate it. Even at a young age, he was excited to see his parents on the screen and always wanted to be with them more the following day. J2H and Melody would always go along with it and today was beach day. The last days of the summer sun drifting down, J2H agreed that it wasn't a bad idea so the trio, decided today was the day to take a short seven mile drive to Marina State Beach. They set out a little after nine, not taking too long to get there, the sun was not at it's peak and the beach was not yet full. James Jr run on slightly ahead of his parents, J2H carrying a bag over his shoulder with the days supplies in it, dressed in just beach swimming shorts, he looked towards Melody, dressed in tiny denim shorts and a white bikini top, and smiled.

Melody: What?

He loved days like this, he was a bastard on camera and he knew it, he was a bastard in public with people he didn't know, and knew it, but when it came to his family, he was James, husband, father, man of the house.

J2H: Nothing, just good to be out.

Melody knew something was playing on my mind, she had a sixth sense about these things, even when J2H tried to hide it, or try and play it off, even if she appeared to let it go, she knew when something was wrong.

Melody: No, really J, what's wrong?

He didn't answer right away as the came to a stop on the beach where James Jr had decided to sit down on the sand, thankfully in a free area of the beach with very few people around. He quickly opened the bag to pull out two beach towels to hand to Melody.

J2H: Nothing, I'm just aching a bit from last night. I've been kicked in the face before but Austin James Mercer.... Man.... That sh...

He looked towards his son.

J2H: Stuff hurt.

Melody laid out the beach towels, one for herself one for her husband as he hands James Jr a bucket and spade, next to where the towels are laid out.

J2H: That never used to bother me, but when that boot hit me, I couldn't help but wonder, what the hell am I doing this for?

J2H watched Melody pick a towel and sit down, closer to her son, her hand ruffling his blonde hair, but not getting a response back. The beach was one of James Jr's happy places and the bucket was already being filled with sand.

J2H: I mean really?

He took a seat next on Melody and stared out in the blue water. He felt Melody's hand touch him on the knee.

Melody: I will admit, I was not pleased when you decided to team with her, I don't know why you said yes to this whole thing, but this is something you love to do.

He heard Melody's words, but this time, they didn't seem to get through to him.

J2H: Mel, I don't get why I am doing it, I am teaming with that weird woman, I'm going for titles that mean nothing for me.

Melody: Because you let your ego get in the way and say you could win them on your own?

He knew she was joking, as the smile and tilted head showed him that. He knew when this all came up, she wasn't happy but she was a supportive wife and always stood by his side while having his back at all times.

J2H: Well maybe, but I feel like this is just junk. It's a mixed tag team match. I wanted to come back and face the best every so often. Last time, I showed up, I beat that little short fat guy in three seconds and gone, all to build up for something with Kris Ryans in a couple of months, something building up for a year and surprise surprise, he's gone missing again. Now I'm stuck in some stupid match with her as my partner.

Melody: You're thinking about this the wrong way. You're facing a man who has won the World, Internet and Mixed Tag team championship. You might be teaming with her, but you're facing Austin James Mercer. The man is one belt away from winning everything.

JACKPOT! Melody was right, that was it, that's the angle, that's the motivation, that's the way J2H needed to see it and he did. Melody had opened his eyes to exactly why he is doing it.

J2H: And that's why I love you! I don't know how I couldn't see that before! Screw the title belt, screw that crazy woman I'm teaming with, J2H Vs Austin James Mercer is a dream match.

He looked towards Melody with a smile.

J2H: Thank you.

Melody replied with a warm smile of her own, and they went on to enjoy their day at the beach. Let's fast forward....

The tradition supercard fanfest was a long running event for SCW, meet and greets, merchandising events, even the occasional one man show. Violent Conduct was no different, as the fans poured in to the Dena’ina Civic and Convention Center in Alaska on this chilly Thursday morning, just five minutes away from where Violent Conduct VII will be held. Fans swarmed the building, looking for their favourite stars, lining up at tables waiting for appearances from the people they watch on television every week.

J2H, Melody and James Jr had flown in the night before, quickly moving to the hotel under the cover of darkness until this morning where a brand new looking, confident J2H walked through the convention center with Melody, holding on to her sons hand as he marvelled at the bright lights and the people around him. Fans stopped and stared at the trio as they walked through.

J2H: Are you sure you don't want me to keep the boy with me while you go shopping with Dani today? I mean he's already more of a draw than most of the idiots that get paid to put asses in seats. Look at the attention he's getting.

Melody glanced her eyes towards her young son and couldn't help but smile as he looked at the crowd of people with eyes as big as saucers. Who knew what was going through the child's mind.

Melody: No, it's ok. I know you need to do your media stuff and play you with the fans. I don't think you can do that and be daddy at the same time.

J2H: I can, hell, little man here can cut my promo if he wants. Again, already better at it than the people who get paid to do so.

Another smile passed the lips of Melody as pride filled her eyes up. She shook her head towards her husband.

Melody: No, it's fine. I think Dani wants to spoil him anyway. She hasn't seen him in a while, so I think he's going to feel like a little prince after all of this.

The three continued to walk through the convention center, glancing towards where Jason Adams and Belinda Simone are set up at a commentary table in front of a big screen, allowing fans to call matches with them.

J2H: Maybe some of our guest commentators should get over there and get some practice. So many of them suck.

Before J2H could continue, he spots Dani Weston in the distance waving frantically towards Melody, her arm almost a blur.

J2H: I think you're wanted over there.

J2H nodded his head towards Dani as Melody follows his eyes and sees her, raising her arm with a slight wave.

Melody: I should be going.

J2H: You should, now no talking to strange people, and by that, I mean if you run in to that weirdo Kate Steele, ignore the hell out of her.

Melody smiled as she kissed J2H on the cheek and J2H reaches down to give James Jr a hug. He watched as Melody wandered off towards Dani, watching them share a hug before walking away.

He had no reason to really be there, other than to give the fans someone to take pictures of from a distance and to soak up the atmosphere. After a few minutes walking through the fans, posing for pictures for the fans brave enough to have approached him. J2H stops as he sees a table set up with the nameplate on the front with the name "AUSTIN JAMES MERCER" written in big bold letters.

J2H: I guess Austin is doing a little signing today.

J2H approached the table, an eyebrow raised as he looked at all the Austin James Mercer merchandise pinned to the booth wall behind the table and looked down at the table, looking at the stacks of photographs of Austin James Mercer, presumably for him to sign. J2H wandered to the table, before taking a seat on it next to a pile of pictures.

J2H: Ladies and gentlemen, gather round, because you're about to listen to some real shit right about now. Cameraman over there.

He quickly pointed his finger in the direction of a nearby cameraman and waved him towards him.

J2H: Come here because you're about to see me do something not many other wrestlers can and cut a build up promo at a place like this, in front of people lining up to see my opponent.

The cameraman moved forward towards J2H, placing himself on J2H's right hand side.

J2H: I'm sure you're used to watching Jessie Salco knock out a few promos from a hotel room, but that ain't me. Now let's get down to business.

He looked around the growing crowd, eager faces waiting for every word.

J2H: I couldn't figure out why the fuck I would waste my time and come back for a tin pot title, in a match way beneath me to team with that little annoying woman who changes her name more than anything else in Alaska? Then Melody told me it's not about who I'm teaming with, it's about who I'm going against. It doesn't matter that I'm teaming with her, it doesn't matter that there's a monster across the ring claiming to be a woman, it doesn't matter at all, it's all about this man.

He picked up a picture from the table, holding it up to the crowd.

J2H: Austin James Mercer. It's all about you Austin. Ya know there was something dragging me to this match and it wasn't that belt, although you know, and I know that the Mixed Tag Team title ain't worth shit, I mean, I'm gonna take it from ya, just to say I've held everything, but it ain't worth shit. You was the draw to this match, no one else but you but I couldn't see it because you've under sold yourself so damn much lately, people forget you was a former World champion, people forget you was the Internet champion, people forget just who you are. Alex Jones, Alicia Lukas, people think of them now when they think of Wolfslair, but you? You're so far under the radar, you have your chin on the floor. The once dominant member of that group has been reduced to support act for a big woman that gets more attention than you do.

He smirked at the crowd.

J2H: You are the definition of fallen giant, you are the definition of someone who's career has taken a nose dive. I come back, people instantly remember things I've done from years gone past but you have done nothing lately, you have been someone who used to be relevant that is now pointless. You're an absolute waste of everything Austin. You used to be something special, you used to be something good, you used to be the face of this company, you used to be the man. You hear that word I said a lot there Austin? Used... As in past tense, because you're not him anymore, you don't have the killer instinct anymore that used to make people piss their pants just seeing your name on the card against them. No one fears you anymore.

He shook his head as his eyes moved around the crowd.

J2H: I've been through wars, I have beat countless people in tougher matches than a street fight, but this would have usually been your domain. A couple of years ago, no one would have wanted to take on Austin James Mercer in a street fight, no one, because they know that they would be beaten before the bell was already rung, but not anymore Austin. You're not half the man you used to be, in fact you're not even the best wrestler called Austin to ever be in SCW. You might have given me a great match some time ago, but you know what you are to me right now? You're just a name who used to mean something to the world. You're just a man who won championships, that come Sunday, I am gonna beat. You can join the list of names that already have fallen to me, you will be in great company there.

J2H tossed the picture of Austin James Mercer in to the crowd, causing a scramble to grab it.

J2H: I wouldn't waste your time fighting over that worthless thing. It's about as worthless as those Mixed Tag Titles are right now, but on Sunday, when I get rid of Austin James Mercer, take that title, till I give it away, it's gonna be worth something. Yes, I will not only win those belts on my own, but I will make them worth something again. I will make them shine for just a little while, cause I don't want them, I just wanna take them for the sake of it. Rather me taking them, then Bill Barnhart because that guy needs stronger meds.

J2H was confident with every word he spoke.

J2H: Here's the thing Austin, that belt, it's a bonus, beating you is what it's all about, putting you in another I've defeated is something that is the main goal for me, it's something that everyone who beats you can be proud of. I have no doubt one day, you'll be joining me in the Hall of Fame, I have no doubt about that, but this Sunday, it's not about you, this is not where you start rising up to where you feel you should be, this is about me and me beating you. This is about me coming back to the ring and not smacking some little fat basement dwelling prick in three seconds and going. This is about me adding a quality name to the people I've beaten, a cut above fat boy, a cut above Teddy Warren, a cut above anyone I've faced in a long time. There's my motivation, not the belt, not the fans, not teaming with that fucking idiot, you Austin, you're the motivation and believe me, since I figured that out, there's been a spring in my step and the confidence is right here and it's not going to waste.

He reached to his side and picked up a handful of pictures of Austin James Mercer.

J2H: You can't stop me Austin, you won't stop me Austin, this is not your step out of the shadows moment where people look at you and think he's back, this is my he never lost it against top people moment. It's all about J2H and that just how it was back then, how it is now, how it will be in the future because no matter what I do, people will never forget who I am when I get in between those ropes and get in that ring and no amount of kicking me or anyone else in the face, will make them remember who the fuck you are.

J2H looked around before throwing that handful of pictures of Austin in to the crowd, watching them all try and grab one. He turned his head towards the camera.

J2H: That's real talk bitch!

And with that, the scene cuts to black.
>

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
Just remember - you asked for this
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 01:36:32 PM »

Anchorage, Alaska

Nalani: I just wish you’d think about what I said.

Tempest: Momma, I have thought about it. It just doesn’t do much good. Not now. Not with me.

Nalani Mahoe, the mother of Tempest, frowned with the rightful concern any parent might feel when their child might say much of anything that did not shed themselves in the same positive light that their parents themselves saw them cast in. When Gabriel and Odette had the pleasure of meeting Nalani in person, as they were wont to do with the immediate family of any one of their prospective students, Gabriel admitted a touch of surprise. Here Tempest was standing at a towering 6’3” and her mother couldn’t be pushing an even five feet herself as far as her own physical stature. But despite that demure height, the Stevens could see where Tempest got much of her personality. All of the steel, none of the anger. She was a force of nature and they could easily understand how she managed to raise Tempest as well as her brothers with little to no trouble whatsoever.

Tempest: Oh, don’t look at me like that.

Nalani: Like what?

Tempest: Like I just kicked a puppy.

Nalani: I just don’t understand why you can’t hang out with some of the other ladies that you work with; make some friends?

Tempest could not help but smile as she turned her head away from the screen of her phone where she had been chatting with her mom over a video chat for the past hour now. Nalani was always thrilled when her children would call. Most kids seemed to work overtime in finding ways to avoid interacting with their “old” parents, but her kids? It seems they worked extra hard to do the exact opposite. But there was also the concern that Nalani knew the majority of her only daughter’s socialization was, in fact, with her. At least, when away from that wrestling gym she attended. Anything else and she was prone to keep to herself.

She knew her daughter. Mothers always did.

A light scoff, a subdued chuckle, and Tempest turned back to the screen and shook her head, that smile never leaving her face. If anyone from the GO Gym or SCW were to see this, they’d probably think her face would break from such an effort as it was so rarely seen with the walls she had erected around herself in those respective circles.

Tempest: You sound just like you did when you were sending me off to school when I was little.

Nalani: Yes, and I seem to recall you had a habit of getting into fights back then too.

Tempest: Yes, well… I was never the type of girl who collected Barbies or wore frilly pink dresses with bows like the other little girls. They liked to tease me about that so I’d just smack them out of their desk chairs.

Nalani: I seem to recall you tying a little girl to the back of her chair once with her own pigtails.

To which Tempest just rolled her eyes. Her mom had a sharp mind and an even sharper memory. Leave it to her to remember the most intricate of details of the times she got into trouble at school. As many times as she did, you’d think she’d forget something, but not her mom. From her side of the call back in Honolulu, Nalani just wore a smile on her face; part pride, part mischief. She didn’t approve of her ‘little girl fighting but she did approve of her standing up for herself - then and now. Not that she would ever admit to such a thing.

Tempest: It’s just not so simple where I am now. This isn’t school. It’s wrestling, and it’s every woman for herself when you get right down to it. Every girl wants the win, the push, the championships. Even if it means stabbing you in the back to get it. Trust me, I learned that fast.

Nalani: Is this about that girl… Krystal?

Tempest sighed, but it was one more based in disgust than it was feeling down.

Tempest: It’s just hard to justify making friends when the people you trained with are out to cost you, just to get a match they wanted. Least I have the satisfaction of knowing Gabriel and a few of the others at the Gym weren’t happy with her over it.

Tempest’s eyes then focused solely on the screen and her mother could see the renewed steel reserve behind those lovely amber orbs.

Tempest: But if she pushes me one more time…

Before she could finish her statement or threat or whatever you might want to call it, there was a resounding knock on the door of her hotel room. Tempest cast a quick sidelong glance toward the door.

Tempest: Oh what fresh hell is this….?

Nalani: Go answer it, and I’ll talk to you later. Maybe it’s a man!

She added with an impish grin, teasing her daughter. Tempest just gave her ‘that look’ before she ended the call with a smile and profession of love. She then set her phone down on the bed in her hotel room and crossed the floor until she grasped the handle and with a deft twist of the wrist, opened it to find herself standing face to face (almost literally) with her tag team partner and co-champion, Austin James Mercer.

Tempest: Well I suppose my mom was right. You are a man.

Austin frowned a bit stiffly in confusion, not knowing if she had just taken a shot at his expense or not. But before he could ask to clarify, Tempest shook her head to ward off the aforementioned.

Tempest: Never mind. What do you need?

Austin James Mercer: How about you, leaving your room for a change? We’re back on tour and all you do is hole yourself up in your room in every city they send you.

To which Tempest frowned.

Tempest: I don’t recall asking for your advice, Mercer. I think I can decide for myself how to pass the time. 

Austin James Mercer: You mean besides using the mini bar, ordering room service and camping out in front of the TV?

Tempest: You stash a camera away in my room, you sick…?

Austin James Mercer: No, just slowly coming to get to know you, whether you like it or not. Now come on. My family’s back in New York. Rest of Wolfslair is doing their own thing and I’m bored!

Tempest: And this affects me how?

Austin James Mercer: Oh stop being so damn stubborn and come unwind! I already booked something to do!

Tempest: Something … like what?

The answer came after an hour’s drive in Austin’s rental, and the Tag Team Champions of SCW were standing on the deck of the mv Ptarmigan, an eighty foot vessel built on-site on Portage Lake to U.S. Coast Guard specifications. There were other tourists there, but Austin and Tempest were among the only SCW stars present. Even amongst non-SCW fans, their imposing and respective physical stature drew some interested as well as intimidated looks their way. Unlike these other tourists, the champions had the foresight to dress appropriately, wearing jackets to stave off the frigid air of Alaska, even in these September months. It was almost amusing for both Tempest as well as Austin to stand by and listen to some of these idiots grumble and complain about the cold, especially given there was a light drizzle of rain that was cascading down from the gray skies above. There were even a few who just assumed that September would be warm and hence, took the liberty of wearing shorts and light shirts - in 55 degree weather?

Who would have thought Alaska of all places would be cold?

Of course they could have simply gone below deck into the heated cabin, but then they would not have such a view as what laid before their eyes, against the waters and skyline...

The Portage Glacier, which was the main attraction of this tour along the Kenai Peninsula. It was a grand site, over six miles in length.

And the fun part? Tempest and Austin got to listen to more grumbling since they had arrived at the cruise early and at Austin’s insistence, they took their spots right at the top level’s rail. Of course, with their respective heights, they could have been standing in the middle and not miss anything - but it’s the principle of the thing. So many of the tourists standing behind them and in the middle of the one hundred allowed on board grumbled audibly about this and being unable to see. One or two half wits even made the foolish and brazen attempt to press ahead and try to nudge themselves in front of the tag team champions and take the front spot for themselves, but that foolish notion was quickly and thoroughly cut short. It was an event that lasted for much of the day, and finally Austin paused in taking pictures for his wife and child back home to turn and watch as Tempest’s own eyes watched her surroundings with a surprising sense of appreciation.

Austin James Mercer: So?

Tempest: So ... what?

Austin James Mercer: Oh don’t give me that! Why don’t you just come out and admit it?

Tempest’s brow creased into a frown and she finally took her gaze away from the water, watching as their cruise left waves in its wake. She had been watching as the ship went through the surface of the water, which had been partially frozen over being this close to the glacier itself. Too thin of a layer to be safe for something like ice skating, but enough to create a sheet of ice to be easily broken up as they went about the tour route. She turned her head and stared at Austin, who was casting a sidelong glance in her direction.

Tempest: What the hell are you talking about?? Admit what!?

He couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the elite level of stubbornness that this woman was possessing. She wasn’t slow or dumb by any stretch of the imagination. She knew what he was referring to, but he could play along.

Austin James Mercer: That this was a good idea? That you’re having a good time?

Tempest scoffed quite audibly and shook her head as she turned back away from him, but he watched from the corner of his eye as everyone on the cruise heard the tell-tale sound of a loud crack, and as they looked to the glacier, they watched as one as a chunk of ice broke away and crashed into the waters below.

Tempest: I don’t hate it.

Austin couldn’t help but smirk in a sense of self satisfaction. He did so love being right.

The camera opened with a close up shot of one-half of the World Mixed Tag Team championships belts resting on the seat of a wooden stool.

“I would say that it was about damn time that Mercer and I had the chance to defend our titles again, given we haven’t really had that chance since July.But the time between defenses has me thinking that these championships are starting to be seen more of a novelty act as opposed to actually being a prestigious title of some sort. I thought this when Alicia Lukas set us up against the Barnharts to win the gold in the first place. I had intended, or at least hoped, to change the direction that people see these belts from the outside looking in, but when people don’t want to challenge you and the powers that be make little to no effort to find you new experiences, it just leaves you wondering - what the point even is?”

“During the time when we should have been defending the championships and making them actually mean something, instead Mercer gets trapped in meaningless card filler matches and I get used as a roadblock for Bella Madison’s little personal quest. Don’t get me wrong. I know and understand that it’s hard to find quality challengers when the option is to face the most physically imposing tag team ever put together. The vast majority of the rosters are either shitting themselves at the idea of having to face us, or the mere idea of having to trust one another long enough to team together to even make that attempt. You saw what happened the last time Austin and I were scheduled to defend. We haven’t had that opportunity since Summer XXXTreme IX when we took little Seleana and Miles Kasey to school and made them wish that they were stuck in one of those meaningless card filler matches rather than stepping up to the plate. Not that they actually wanted to win the titles, mind you. They whined and complained loud enough that they wanted other opportunities, that they deserved better.”

She scrunched up her face slightly and shook her head.

“That proved then and there what I always knew; that it’s always what I knew; that this business is all about you. Nobody wants to come together as a cohesive unit and make a division mean something any more. They don’t or won’t trust another to have their back and be there for them. They’re here for one reason and one reason alone…”

The camera panned around to a close up of Tempest as she looked down at the title belt that had been in her possession since June. She silently pointed at herself and mouthed “Me, me, me!” without actually saying a word.

“So imagine my surprise when for the first time since - ever, that Austin and I not only got challengers, but we got challenged. My first thought was who would be dumb enough to want to step up and actually get into the ring against us, but then I learned more about not just who challenged us, but their motives behind doing so and you know? Suddenly it all made a whole lot of sense. J2H?”

Tempest held her hands up and shook her head.

“I got nothing against you. I may still be new to the business but a girl isn’t blind to the world around her. I know everything you’ve been through to get to where you are and all I have to say is mad respect. You went from someone who people saw as a joke and now they see a success story. You went from a kid who debuted with a loss to a teddy bear, to a man who has beaten every single person put in front of him. A record setting World Champion. Hall of Famer. So I have to ask - why Crystal? Why did you ever agree to lower yourself to teaming with her? Oh, right.”

She nodded as she held up an extended finger.

“The wrestling equivalent of a photo op for you; a championship opportunity. I have to admit, I can respect wanting to continue your legacy, but how you go about it? Not so much. You practically fell into a title spot when you agreed to that match with Teddy Warren, and just as the world expected, you won the match and the title. But -- you just up and gave it away the moment you won it! Now you might say it’s because you don’t need any more championships or that you have nothing to prove to anyone, but if that were the case, you wouldn’t be constantly walking back into SCW like a revolving door. You don’t need the money, but you do crave the attention. You could have told the bosses to make it a non-title match, but you continue to want to be the best. You can prove you can win a title, that’s the easy part. Holding onto it? That’s another story. Maybe that’s why you decided not to stick around and defend the Internet Championship. You didn’t want to tarnish your legacy with a loss. You’re unbeaten since you started coming back for these guest spots that everyone loves, and you didn’t want a blemish on your record? Is that it?”

“Because if so, I hate to be the one to let you down but sugar? You agreed to team with the wrong woman because she got you into a tight spot that you won't be able to get out of. It’s just like I said J2H. Mad respect. Hell! You might even call me something of a fan, maybe an admirer of your work. But you’re not walking out of Anchorage with these titles and that’s just plain fact. Have your fun with Mercer, but the moment that tag is made?”

She snapped her fingers.

“There goes that unbeaten streak.”

“Diva. Prima donna. Princess. Show stealer. Usurper. Glory hog. Just a handful of words used over the years to describe the one person who was behind this match - Crystal Zdunich.”

Tempest cast a brief and inquiring look to the camera.

“She is still going by that, right?”

The camera answered with a slight nod in the affirmative. Tempest nodded and resumed her promo work.

“Just had to be sure. How many times over the years since she debuted has she had a new name, a new outlook - new behavior? For a time she was running around, telling anyone who would listen that she had some sort of split personality disorder to explain her actions when in reality, she's just a classic example of a narcissistic sociopath. She changes her ideals at the drop of a hat, pretends like it hasn’t happened and then expects everyone to play along. And if they don’t or they try to call her out on it, she gets all butt hurt offended and begins to play the victim card. Do you see where I’m going with this? She goes out of her way to manipulate others and from what I’ve seen, has done so pretty successfully. Now whether that’s a testament to her skill at manipulating others and her lack of empathy, or just because the people who support her are brain dead sheep, eager to follow, well that’s up for debate. The facts are obvious;”

“Manipulation through aggression and guilt. Impulsive behavior. Lack of empathy. Lying for personal gain. Not learning from mistakes or punishment. If you were to pick up a book and actually learn something, you’d find these and so many other examples that we see from Crystal’s everyday life are signs of a sociopath. And now that I’ve said it and pointed it out, I’m pretty sure Crystal will go running to the first microphone she can reach so she can shed some crocodile tears and play the victim card, casting me as a judgmental bully when really, all I am trying to do this time around is make people see her for what she is; a glorified fraud who is only out for herself!”

“Look over the years at everything she’s done, from the early days right up until now. Despayre got her to the Blast To the Past finals and when they won, she immediately showed her colors, turning on him and taking all the credit for herself. Then when the shit hit the fan for doing that, she apologized and promised to do better and what happened just a few short months ago? Oh yes! She literally put her hands on him again and cost him the chance to be a two-time champion. All because she had her eyes set on a personal goal; his tag team partner at the time, Amber Ryans. She’s been working overtime since then, apologizing and trying to get Despayre to forgive her. But how long will this one last? You’ve attacked your own wife to get a better spot on the overall standings in SCW. Tell me, girl… what won’t you do for the betterment of Crystal?”

Tempest then looked upward and shook her head, sighing with resignation.

“Crystal, you brought this on yourself. All of this, and girl, you’re not fooling anyone. You had a set goal in mind from the moment that you invited J2H onto the set of that dumbass talk show of yours (just another way to get TV time). You knew that you wanted to join women like Mercedes Vargas to become a Grand Slam Champion, and that missing piece of the tapestry was right in front of you the entire time. The moment you invited him, you had a selfish plan and you proved me right. I don’t see how anyone could not have seen it coming because the way you worked in the topic of the Mixed Tag Team titles was about as see-through as an open window. And of course J2H wasn’t about to turn down the thought of adding a new title to his resume, even if the idea of teaming with you was as appealing as eating live bait. Winning championships is just what the guy does, and you can’t fault him for that. It’s just the way you thought you could use him to sneak in under the championship radar and worm your way into yet another title opportunity. I have to admit I was impressed how you even managed to use circumstances that were out of your control to fit into pieces of the puzzle to make your claim to a title shot all the more reasonable. The downside to that was, when you stepped up and tried to play the role of, in your own words, momma bear, that’s when you started to show your truer colors for the world to see. No, not the act of being a loving and protective mother, out to save her baby girl from the monster. But the lying, two-faced manipulator who would use her daughter’s misfortune for her own benefit. All anyone has to do is just look back on when you called me out after I used little Brittany for lawn dart practice and a blind man could see you for what you are!”

“And off topic, what kind of person throws themselves an anniversary celebration the way that Crystal did? Well, nobody else would so why not her? Hm, did someone say something about narcissistic sociopath? Oh, right!”

Tempest snapped her fingers and directed a forefinger in her own direction.

“That was me. See Crystal, you were so caught up in not just your celebration but your plan to call me out to make yourself look better, you completely missed some details and made yourself look like an even bigger fool and liar for all your efforts. All you can accomplish is talk, talk, talk - saying different things about the exact same topic and coming away with absolutely nothing. You tell everyone how your kids had to answer for their own actions, how they needed to learn and how they asked for it… yadda yadda … and then almost immediately after, you use the ‘momma bear’ defense and call me out for what happened to Brittany.”

Tempest held her hands out and shook her head.

“Well, which is it, girl? Momma Bear or the fact your kids have to learn to answer for their own actions? You can’t have it both ways. Either they learn by coming away with their noses bloodied, or you continue to shelter them and try to fight their battles for them. The simple truth is what I did to Brittany never would have happened if she had just kept her nose out of her brother’s matches. How many times had she ran interference because Brayden was too much of a candy ass to gain a win without his sister’s help? And up until then, they were getting away with it and yet you. Said. Nothing! Then, they bit off more than they could chew. They were up against someone, in this case, Fenris, who had a slew of women who were perfectly willing to run interference for him so he could give Brayden the experience of attempting to fight like a man. And look at what happened the moment your boy was cut off from baby sis’s help?”

“He choked.”

Tempest shrugged.

“I didn’t hear one word from out of your collagen injected lips about what Fenris did to Brayden, which leads me to thinking one of two things; either you simply didn’t care because it was Brayden and not Brittany, or you stayed out of it because there was nothing in it for you to gain. Whatever the reason, it really doesn’t shed you in the spotlight for Mother of the Year. You simply bided your time and waited for the first chance you could get to get me out there and add some pressure for your challenge to be answered. If you were really protective of your kids, if you really had cared about their welfare, either of them, you would have acted on that exact same show where Britt took flying lesions because we. Were. Both. There!

“Just consider yourself lucky. Your challenge was answered, and you got what you wanted. Sort of. I just don’t think you quite understand what it was that you were asking for. You were possessed by gold fever. All you saw was a championship belt but not the person that was holding it. You saw a chance to pad your resume and become one of the glorified few of Grand Slam Champions, but you didn’t see who would be standing in your way. Maybe you’re thinking of relying on J2H to handle Austin and the match being over before you ever have to set foot in the ring with me. I’d say that was pretty wishful thinking since the world saw exactly what happened when it was just the two of us inside of that ring. The stupidest thing you could have done, was exactly what you did! Now…”

Tempest actually smiles into the camera and makes the universal ‘cash’ sign with her hand.

“Now you pay. Now, you answer. Your kids won’t be there to save your bony butt. Your wife won’t be around to pull you from the fire. Hell! Even your own tag team partner didn’t care enough to actually come to your rescue then, and once he sees how worthless of a partner you are, he won’t save you here either! Beating you, putting you down, it’ll be the sweetest win I’ve yet to experience. Because this one isn’t about the championships, little girl. It’s about you. And your family. You made it so, and now you’re going to regret it.”

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
Reality Check
Off Camera
Hollywood Hills California

It had been two months since Isabella Valentina Hilton was born and Crystal didn’t really make any efforts to see her granddaughter. In her eyes she felt she was unfit and carried way too much baggage that she didn’t want to bring upon the baby. However as much as she tried to escape the harsh reality of the real world she just couldn’t get away from Isabella. Sofia and Brayden had arranged for a special date night. After all the hell they were put through with Isabella’s birth they needed a date night to recuperate. This would truly mark Crystal’s first real day with her granddaughter. Seleana was busy having a mommy and daughter day with Aurora, and Alexandra was busy preparing for her wrestling ventures in a different company. That left Crystal alone. Brayden stood at the door with a smile as Sofia handed Crystal little Isabella before placing her baby back pack on a counter.

“Okay… Everything you need is in the bag. I put a lot of diapers in there. There are also a lot of bottles of milk as well that I pumped. If she cries at all you can feed her. If that doesn’t work just try singing to her and rocking her to sleep. She really loves lullabies and…”

Brayden crossed his arms as he laughed at his wife.

“Babe… I am sure my mom knows what she is doing. She is fully capable of knowing what to do… Let’s just hurry up. We have a reservation and I think it would suit us well not to be late…”

Sofia plants a small kiss on Isabella’s cheek as she looks down at her.

“I know… I just feel I am going to miss my little muñeca, this is the first time we really separated ourselves from her… Anyway I know for a fact you will be able to handle things. If you need anything please don’t hesitate to call us mom…”

And with that Sofia keeps her eyes locked on the little baby before her and Brayden walk out of the house and leave for their date. That just leaves Crystal alone with the baby and Crystal just looks down softly into the little girl’s eyes as she holds her gently smiling as the girl sleeps peacefully.

“To be honest Isabella I really don’t deserve to have this moment right now. I don’t think I am honestly the best person for you to be alone with. I was a terrible mother. You are really the first baby that I honestly got to hold. I was too busy trying to escape to Mexico that I wasn’t able to be there for Brittany. I passed that responsibility off to Jenny and never took responsibility for anything…”

Crystal keeps her eyes on the little girl and as she does that is when something flashes before her eyes. It’s the vision of Isabella that she had a while ago and she seems to be aged about 21 years. Adult Isabella looks over at Crystal holding her younger form. Isabella just looks at Crystal with a serious expression on her face.

“You might not have been there or prepared for this moment like you say you are, but from my end it seems like you are doing the absolute best that you can. That’s all that matters or at least shouldn’t it?!”

Crystal continues rocking the baby softly as she gazes at the vision.

“You would say that but you just don’t understand. I just feel like I always find a way to let people down. I just don’t feel like I am all that special… Like I told you before I am a terrible mother and I am sure I am a failure as a wife…”

Older Isabella just shakes her head before glancing deeper into her grandma’s eyes.

“Did you ever think that is maybe all in your head?! How can you even say you are a terrible mother?! You are a hero. You made a dying woman’s wish come true. You tried to save Aurora’s mom and when that didn’t work out you took responsibility to adopt a little girl and make her your own. You have gone above and beyond for that little girl. You are a God in her eyes. On top of that you have really stepped up to make up for lost time with Brittany and Brayden. I don’t see what the issue is…”

Crystal just sighs taking a long deep breath.

“I don’t know… I still just feel it’s never enough, and I know that I am probably an awful wife as well. No matter what I do people always wish to magnify it times ten. It’s like I can’t even live my life so I have my reasons for feeling this way. There will always be an asterisk next to what I do. So what’s the point?!”

Crystal continues rocking the baby but eventually the baby wakes up. She begins to cry and Crystal is in a frantic as she places the baby back into her little basinet. The crying is loud as Crystal turns her attention over to the vision.

“I can’t even do this right which should show you how much of a failure I am…”

Isabella’s older vision just shakes her head looking back at her grandmother.

“So that’s it… You are going to quit before really even trying to do anything. You just can’t give up. You especially can’t do that to me. I haven’t even grown up to a point where I could experience what everyone else has. What I can say is that there is always a way to do things and even if people may disagree with what you do since when does that turn into you being a quitter?! That is never your story and I know for a fact that’s not WHO YOU ARE!!!”

Crystal walks over to the refrigerator and she grabs a bottle of milk. She places it in the microwave for a few and the screams just continue to get louder and louder. Crystal eventually take the bottle out of the microwave as she walks over to little baby. She lifts her up out of the bassinet as she holds her in her hands. She sits down on the couch as she gently places the bottle into her mouth.

“It’s okay pumpkin… Grandma is here for you… I will be here…”

Isabella’s older vision grins as she looks down at Crystal standing right beside her.

“Grandma I have the feeling that you are going to be amazing. You can’t always feel sorry for yourself. At the end of the day you are the doing the best that you possibly can. I know it probably bothers you that people constantly say things about you. I know that they don’t really agree with your marriage and they feel that Seleana deserves better but I want to know how do you honestly feel about everything, and what everybody says…”

Crystal sighs as she shakes her head and continues to express herself.

“Honestly it hurts a lot… Seleana is an absolute angel. I have been married four times now and out of all of my marriages she is the one who constantly stands by my side no matter what I do. I truly don’t deserve her and I don’t know why she puts up with me. Everybody always wishes to cast this bad image about me but Seleana just brushes it off and she continues to support me even if I don’t necessarily express those feelings in return…”

Isabella smirks.

“And you want to know why she supports you so much?! It’s because you are the most important thing to her. She just wants to see you happy and she is willing to sacrifice her own happiness just to bring a smile to your face. She loves it when you go out there and accomplish your dreams and she doesn’t mind celebrating your wins. In her eyes your wins are also her wins. That is who she is and the two of you have built something together. You have established a family and she loves being in this world. People can talk you down but she stays the course because words don’t get to her.”

Isabella nods her head as she speaks some more.

“I want to ask you a question. Why do you have a hard time doing the same?! What causes you to get these feelings where you have to be impulsive and go about acting ridiculous, or even going through 50 shades of hair dye and 30 tints of personality changes… What is really going on?!”

Crystal lets a tear roll down her cheek before shrugging her shoulders.

“To be honest I don’t know… I guess it’s just hard for me to work within a team. I feel like… No… I know for a fact I suffer from a severe lack of self-confidence. I have issues that still stem from my biological mother giving me away to my aunt, and my father not being there. Raised by my aunt I became the youngest sibling and I felt like I just didn’t fit in. I felt like I wasn’t black enough to be with the Hilton family. When I met my father it felt like the best thing. I did everything I could to get his approval but no matter what I did I just felt I wasn’t Mexican enough for that side. I never really fit in. I do these stupid things because I want attention…”

Crystal begins to let more tears roll down her cheek as she keeps speaking.

“I just wanted attention… It didn’t matter if it was negative or positive. As long as people were talking about me that’s all that mattered. It’s such a sad way to think.”

Isabella looks at Crystal and just smiles.

“And you need to understand that now is the time to let all of those feelings go. With Seleana you don’t have to do that… That woman loves you more than life itself…”

Crystal raises her voice.

“How can you even sit there and make a comment like that! People never accept that. They don’t see it. They just see me as an awful human being, and you know what maybe they are right. Maybe I am the drunk who doesn’t deserve anything nice. Maybe I deserve to be alone. I tried hard to escape the past and to live my own life but I never knew that everything I loathed about my parents is exactly what I would become. I know Brittany hates the fact that her Aunt Jenny basically raised her in the same way I was raised by my Aunt. Brayden found me in the same way I had searched out my biological father, and now here I am adopting a little girl and expecting to be her mother. Everything is haunting me and I want to run… I want to escape but I can’t…”

Isabella nods her head as she looks at her baby form sleeping peacefully with the bottle in her hands.

“You say you are a failure but look at your approach at being a grandmother, you seem to be doing just fine to me. No one is asking for perfection. I would say you are doing the best that you possibly can and that’s all that matters. You might have a lot of critics but despite being the hand that you were dealt, and never once stopped you from being the successful wrestler that you became. You want to know why Seleana sticks by you?! It’s not because of the money, the fame, or the notoriety. If that was truly the case she would have ran when people tell her what the Crystal Hilton persona is all about…”

Isabella claps her hands passionately.

“But she didn’t run… It’s because she’s not concerned with the public form of you but she loves the version that nobody sees. She is your blind spot and she knows the potential you have and what you can truly become. That’s what she loves about you. The fact that as bad as people talk you down she knows the type of mother you really are. You have tried your best to make amends with your children. You adopted a little girl and you are there. Don’t feel down because of the people who are naysayers and will always look down on you…”

Isabella shakes her head.

“Oh no… Focus on those who are your support. Focus on those who matter and be the woman you know you can be for them. If not for them do it for yourself. If you keep trying to mold yourself just to seek approval you will continue to be a mess. You will continue to go to the alcohol bottle and that’s not you. I know you feel that you are just reflections of your parents but don’t get caught up in thinking that their mistakes are YOUR MISTAKES! That’s not the case… You have the power to change the entire narrative and you can break the generational curse…”

She takes a deep breath as she speaks some more.

“You are holding the next generation of Hiltons. I am that legacy. What type of woman do you want for me to become?! Will you let everybody have an impact on you so you can flip flop or do you want to be firm and be somebody I can be proud of. Whatever doubts you have or whatever is clouding your mind you need to just let it go… Don’t get caught up in being the most liked person in the room, but focus on those who really matter. Those people are the ones looking up to you and they need you to be firm… What will you do?!”

Crystal looks down at the baby. She indeed was sleeping peacefully. Crystal smiles as she turns her attention back over to the vision but then realizes that the vision isn’t there anymore. She nods her head as she had a smile that could light up the entire room. The vision was right. It was time to finally make a choice once an for all… Crystal took a deep breath as she looked into the eyes of her little granddaughter.

“I choose you Isabella… I choose my life, and I can’t let any of my loved ones down… They are all counting on me too much…. It’s time to really show Seleana how much she means to me... There will be those who don’t believe in it but it’s time to finally put that to rest once and for all… It’s my life and it’s time I live it for the only opinion that should matter the most to me… My own…. I love you Isabella and I will be the best Grandmother that I possibly can…”

Crystal continues to gently rock the baby as we fade out on this image.

On Camera

The camera comes into focus and as it does we are treated to the sight of Crystal Zdunich inside of her home. She is in her room of achievements and it is there where we see her walking in the room. She spots her replica of the Roulette Championship, the Internet Championship, Her Most Improved award, Feud of the Year, Woman of the year, and of course five World Bombshell Championship Replicas. She walks to an empty spot on the wall that has a spot for a tag team championship. She places her hand on it before she turns her attention to the camera.

“How’s it going SCW nation… This is the one and only Burning Rose Crystal Zdunich and won’t be that long until Violent Conduct is upon us. Now I am going to be absolutely blunt with everybody. I know there are people who don’t like me. People wish to call me egotistical, they wish to call me cocky, and they think I am awful. You can ask a list of some of the best bombshells to have walked in this company which ranges from Evie Baang, Mikah, and even Amber Ryan. They will all tell you that I am crazy and as Alicia Lukas would say absolutely horrible for this company…

I won’t lie words like that would get to me. I would be trying everything in my power to defend my point of view to state that it’s all a bunch of bullshit but to be honest I don’t think I have to say anything because my wall of accomplishments can clearly do the talking. You can say whatever you want about me but at the end of the day I am the FUCKING best bombshell to have ever walked in the company. I am a Hall of Famer and the ONLY… let me repeat that ONLY person whether bombshell or superstar to have won a world championship FIVE times. If that is a fluke than obviously I wouldn’t have won everything there is to win in this company.

I have done it all and that’s a fact. I have accomplished every single individual accolade one can hope to accomplish and now there is only one thing left to obtain. There is one thing that I not only want to have but it’s something I need to have and that is the Mixed Tag Team Championship. There’s a two-fold reason for wishing to capture the title. Winning the titles will not only make me a champion again but in winning a tag team title I will have finally joined the ranks of people such as Roxi Johnson, Mercedes Vargas, and even Mikah…

I will have become a Grand Slam Champion and right now that is what I am focused on. You can say whatever you wish about my personal life or my attitude and I can’t disagree with any of the statements. However when the fans look at me they see an amazing wrestler and one who always rises to the occasion to fight for what she wants, and you best believe there is nothing that can stop me from obtaining the Grand Slam, and continuing to place my name in the history books…”

Crystal smirks nodding her head in agreement as she continues to speak.

“Doesn’t that sound amazing?! In my eyes it does however there is something that is clearly in the way of that and it comes in the form of the current Mixed Tag Team Champions. In order to get what I want I have to go through a man who has completely wrecked shop within the Superstars division. A man who is no stranger to winning Internet and World Championships in the form of Austin James Mercer, and I personally have to go through the biggest and scariest threat in all of the bombshell division in the form of Tempest. I definitely will have my hands filled but I am not afraid.

Even if Tempest has all of the ability in the world to toss me around like I don’t mean anything I am not afraid of being in the ring because I am used to stepping up when it means the most, and being the woman who might be looked upon as the weak link is all of the fuel I need to get shit done. So instead of backing away this is when I run right into the heart of the mix.

It also doesn’t hurt that I have the best superstar ever in J2H on my side… However as good as that sounds even that is a double edged sword because I know James is someone who rather take care of business on his own. He doesn’t work well others and I am in the same boat so it will be interesting to see what happens when I have to step into the ring. I know that is weighing heavily in his mind because deep down in his heart I know he doesn’t believe I have a shot against Tempest…”

Crystal just shakes her head some more as she continues to speak.

“To be honest this is an interesting match because the Mixed Tag Team Championship division has been a little weak. Jet City took the titles to new heights. They eventually lost those titles to the Warrens who people wanted to see fight for them but just like that in their first defense they lose it to the Barnharts, and in one fell swoop they go to Tempest and Austin James Mercer…

Tempest and AJM are amazing wrestlers. I can respect what they can do as athletes but let’s be honest. It’s not like they went out there and EARNED title shots. The only reason they got a title shot in the first place is because Alicia Lukas won Queen for a Day and sure enough she lined up this super team to face the Barnharts. She pretty much gift wrapped them the titles but let’s not point that out because history will clearly show that I did the same for Seleana when I won. However when it’s Crystal involved I tend to get magnified even more. Hey you both won championships and the best you can do is facing a make shift team in defending them…

I knew that I would eventually run into you two or anybody for that matter because those titles mean a lot to me. You damn right I want the titles. I do want my Grand Slam Championship in the same way that Roxi desperately wanted a Roulette Championship match all of those years ago just to fulfill the accomplishment of being Grand Slam. I want to walk down the same path and I am willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish it. I know J2H and I have had our run ins with each other since Summer XXXtreme but seeing as he was the one who was cocky enough to say he can accomplish anything I asked him to be my partner. It would have been anybody really because it still wouldn’t change my quest to win what AJM and Tempest have…

So now instead of dealing with dealing with the Barnharts who have struggled for most of their SCW career you get to deal with two people who were the absolute best in their divisions. You get to fight somebody more on the lines of your skill level, and two people who have all of the ability to fuck your shit up. So we can guarantee we will indeed bring it!”

Crystal takes a deep breath as she forms a serious expression.

“On paper you two should be happy though. You definitely have the size advantage so you definitely possess the power to throw us about the ring but we have the experience factor and we will expose you both for what you are. I have no doubt that J2H will take care of business with Austin so that leaves me with you Tempest…”

Crystal rubs her hands together.

“Tempest you are an absolute beast. Your match with Bobbie is one of the most insane things that I have ever witnessed. You are at the top of your game and you can decimate anybody that gets in your way. I will go on record and say that I definitely don’t like the way my children conduct themselves with their attitude in this company. They both have a habit of running their mouths and when they step through the ropes to the ring they need to fend for themselves. My daughter is no different as she did do everything in her power to try to help her brother cheat. So you came down to aid Fenris. You had his back and I respect that.

However as wrong as my daughter might have been at the end of the day she is still my daughter and Momma Bear won’t let anybody touch her cubs. Seeing her in that hospital with that concussion stirred something within me. Add on the fact that you didn’t answer my challenge and I just knew I had to have you on my talk show. That is why I personally wanted you on the Rose Garden.

You kept your cool… You didn’t say much and you let me do the talking. However the moment you called me out on being a parent I couldn’t help but slap the hell out of you. I know it might be considered stupidity and it might be enough to win a WTF Moment of the year award but in that moment I didn’t see the huge threat or the beast. I didn’t see the Mixed Tag Team Champion. All I saw was the woman who hurt my daughter, and tried to talk me down on my parenting skills. I had to react and I did…

You embarrassed me on that night! You sent me through a table, and you ruined my ANNIVERSARY cake. I have been here for seven years damn it! Seven years of pouring out my blood, my sweat, and tears to prove I belong here. In that time everybody tends to disrespect me and not take me seriously and I am sick of it.

I am not afraid of you. Initially it may have seemed like it but in my entire time here I haven’t backed down from anything and I certainly won’t back down from you. I will bring the fight to you in the best way that I can and showcase that I am ready to fight through anything. Hell this last Climax Control you were ready to bully Bella Madison and were going to place your hands on the other Krystal but I came down to the ring with a chair to personally send the message that I am the one you need to focus on. I am the woman you need to have your eyes on and if you aren’t watching I will beat the crap out of you!

As much as I thought the chair would aid me you turned the tides and knocked me out… Well played Tempest and I actually like that, because as much as I might get knocked down I have a habit of getting back up. I have what it takes to keep on fighting and I refuse to be down for the count.”

Crystal becomes more passionate as she screams into the camera.

“At Violent Conduct everything is on the line because I plan to take the fight to you. This match is labeled as a street fight which means I can grab an equalizer and personally put you down. The giant will go down just like all giants tend to do when a little person grabs something to even the score. David took out Goliath with a stone and a sling shot, Jack cut the Beanstalk down with an Axe killing the giant, and now the question remains what will I use to personally take you down….

The answer to that question is simple, and it’s anything I can honestly get my hands on. You might be the biggest person I have ever face and I know for a fact I might just be the smallest woman you have faced but I think I am your biggest threat. How many times have you been in a ring with a Hall of Famer?! How many times have you been in the ring with the only Five Time World Champion?! How many times have you been in the ring with a Crystal Hilton?!

The answer you just haven’t and as much shit as everybody gives me. At the end of the day nobody shows up for prime time as much as I do. If you want to be even more technical you can say when gold is on the line. You and AJM both needed Alicia to get the title opportunity but I personally ask you for the shot. I waited for weeks to hear a reply. It’s not like I did something out of the ordinary for it. I simply stood in the ring and asked for it. I had you on my show, I slapped you, I stood in the ring, and nothing…

Yet when things were getting too far with Bella Madison and I had to try to make save, and AJM attacks J2H from behind that’s when he goes about accepting challenges?! That’s really not how one should conduct business. It’s time to fix things once and for all. It’s time to win the Mixed Tag Team Championship and accomplish the only thing I haven’t gotten yet. It will be good to be the Grand Slam Champion and I will run all the bases by knocking this match out of the park…

Who knows… Seeing as this is a Grand Slam Achievement I am trying to accomplish I might just use a bat to win this thing to showcase a bit of symbolism. It doesn’t matter though. You just aren’t ready for me. I will find a way to win and I will have my hand raised… It’s showtime Tempest and sadly as it’s my Curtain Call and I am ready to take a bow…

This is where I roll the end credits roll of you. Your show is over… Violent Conduct I will give people yet another reason on why I am the best of the best, and you can only sit and watch as I have my hand held high in victory.

Nothing will ever stop this rose from blossoming”

With that Crystal touches her empty space on the wall as we fade out on this image.

user posted image

user posted image