Author Topic: MAC BANE (c) v ALEX JONES (c) - TITLE v TITLE  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
MAC BANE (c) v ALEX JONES (c) - TITLE v TITLE
« on: August 30, 2021, 06:18:56 AM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
Re: MAC BANE (c) v ALEX JONES (c) - TITLE v TITLE
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 11:10:13 AM »
Opportunities don’t come often enough in life for you to ever look at them and turn them down.

If you want to be successful in life, in whatever profession you choose to be, and try and be the best at then you need to be able to recognize when an opportunity is being given to you, or it’s one that you’ve earned, and not care. It doesn’t matter if you were given something or if you are that in the long run, what matters and what you need to keep in mind is what you do with it.

To dismiss it because of some thought of morality in not earning it, to let it go to waste, that would be a true crime. A true crime that should never be committed by someone who is supposed to be one of the best. As someone who is always trying to improve themselves and the business that they choose to be part of.

That is where Alex Jones found himself.

Two roads sitting in front of him, one where he could accept the championship match that he had been given, all that he had earned according to some people, or, to turn his back on it and spiraled down a hole into self-loathing and anger. Sometimes you start down one path, and you have to turn around and walk yourself back to the beginning to find the right way

And make the right decision

A Regular Match.

Walking into the gym at four like any other day. The warmth hitting him even though summer had just ended. A few hours ago he had unlocked the giant metal shut up, pulling it upwards to let it roll all the way to the top as the shaking metal rumbled and helped to wake him up. He went about his day, rolling out the mat, making sure the ropes were tight, making sure the canvas was clean and straight inside the rain. Turning on all of the lights, unlocking the gym door to get into the weight room. This was everything that Alex did in a normal morning, setting everything up for the senior members as well as the students to come in, and work out, and become the best.

This had been Alex‘s dream, to get like-minded individuals together and build the gym around them to inspire others. And to inspire himself to stay where he needed to be.

As everyone filtered in and started going about their usual business Alex sat down in the office after warming up, all sorts of contracts sitting in front of him, merchandising deals, contracts for his younger rookie members at smaller independent companies for appearances and tryouts, all of this was on top of his job as a professional wrestler, as someone who still loved the business and wanted to be a part of it. His eyes moving from the desk over to the Sin city wrestling Roulette championship sitting on the side of the opposite desk.

He smiled and shook his head stacking the papers up and keeping them all in order before putting them in his out file.

Inside the main floor of the gym, he noticed everyone going about their business but also is starting over towards the office door as if waiting for something. Waiting for him? Alex smiled and shook his head, maybe he was just being paranoid. But, it was time to get out there, it was time to work out and get ready for a match that he never thought he would have, an opportunity he never thought he would have, and something he needed to be in top shape for. Facing one of the most dominant professional wrestlers he has ever seen since watching Austin go on his early run through Sin city tearing through the roster.

Mac Bane.

Alex took a deep breath, opening the door to the office walking out on the gym floor. He looked down at the ground and slipped off his shoes getting ready to warm up, but something stopped him. A feeling that went up and down his spine as he could almost cents every single set of eyes in that gym on him at any given moment. He looked up, everyone had stopped what they were doing and was staring right at him. He blinked a few times waiting for someone, anyone to say something and make sense of this. Then it happened.

A single clap.

Austin’s large hands coming together to create the noise that suddenly filled the entire gym. Every single man and woman in every single corner started it. Alex took a deep breath again not knowing exactly where all of this was coming from. He put his hands on his hips as the clapping reached its crescendo and then slowly stopped. Everyone giving Alex a nod of respect as Austin came over and put his hand on Alex’s shoulder. A smile on his face. Something Alex had not seen in months. Since Austin had been one of the most miserable individuals in the world. ”We all have your back.”

Alex shook his head and laughed under his breath. ”My back? For what?”

Austin raised his eyebrow, unsure of if Alex was serious or if he was just screwing with him. He didn’t know what to say, he didn’t know if he needed to spell it out. After a few awkward moments, he smiled. ”The match, the title match.” Austin slapped his shoulder again. Alex scoffed and backed away tapping Austin on the chest.

”It’s just a regular match brother.”

Alex gave a sarcastic smile, Austin confused, almost hurt. Alex turned away and moved towards the white room, everyone separating away from him to give him room to get in there and work out. His heart sank, he realized what he just said in front of everybody, he realized how it must seem and how it sounded. But how could any of them really understand? How could any of them get the kind of pressure that he was putting himself under and that all of their attention that they were drawing towards the event, and the occasion, was not going to help.

Alex took a sip of water placing his bottle back on the ground before moving over to the dumbbells. He picked them up and started counting as he did reps, feeling the blood starting to flow in between the vessels in his arms. Each rep was partnered with a breath, each breath being pushed out he could feel himself slipping into deep thoughts. Could he do it? Why was he doubting himself? He felt his heart drop again. The weights then seemed to get heavier, his arms ached. He could feel his heart beating faster and the sweat seemed to fall from his body. He put the dumbbells down and shook his head, his hands moving to his hips yet again

”Fuck”

As the word left his lips he didn’t notice the door open. But he heard the footsteps. Turning to face Austin whose large arms were folded over his chest, the smile he had moments ago now faded into what seemed to be an annoyed scowl. He pushed out a breath and shook his head, almost growling at Alex.”Legit, what the hell is up with you?” Alex sighed and turned sitting down on the weight bench, he shook his head and threw his arms in the air. ”You know how many people would kill for this opportunity?”

Alex took a deep breath, he held it in for a moment and closed his eyes before calming himself down and pushing out a breath. He looked over at Austin, swallowing hard, clasping his hands together in his lap.l”I know, but….I just don’t know if it should be me.” He smiled and offered a shrug. ”You clearly wanted the shot...and I got it handed to me.”

”Handed to you? You’ve been scraping and clawing for months, you went back to the drawing board and have worked hard…” Austin paused, he smiled and shook his head thoughtfully before moving around and sitting next to Alex looking out at all of the weights. They both knew that everyone was looking through the window at them, ”You earned this...and now we’re going to make sure everyone knows it...I’m going to help you. So get up...pick up those damn weights...you have chicken arms”

Austin stood up, folding his arms over his chest again. Alex groaned and pushed up to his feet walking over and picking up the dumbbells again. Turning to look at Austin with a wink. He groaned and pulled them upwards faster, harder, with more effort than he had in months. Austin was right. And now he needed to prove it himself. All over again

I’m a cowboy. On a steel horse I ride…

”Well, to say I didn’t expect this is a complete understatement. A few months ago when I received the championship opportunity for the Roulette title, I told everyone that if I was to win it I wouldn’t be doing things half-assed. I told everyone that I was gonna throw myself in headfirst I do everything that I possibly could to make that championship mean something again and to bring it up to a certain level that maybe it had not been before. I meant what I said and have done everything in my power to do it.”

Alex looked down in his hand, his right hand wrapped around the metal strap of the Roulette championship.

”I defended it against everyone that sin city wrestling management wanted me to. I face every single one of them including Caleb storms three separate times, making the Roulette championship mean something should’ve been facing other people not him over and over again but for some reason, it’s still got me noticed. I can admit when I’ve had my shortcomings, I can admit when I haven’t been the best of the best, and about a year ago? Even though I was at the top of my game physically, I was a total prick”.

“Don’t believe me? All you have to do is go back and have a look at what I said about Griffin Hawkins”

“I had an issue with Griffin, which is strange because he and I were friends. He was the champion and I didn’t think he should have been. I didn’t think he deserved it and that he got handed in opportunity and was lucky to come out the other side of the title. I used that to get a shot against him and I used that to get him to put the title on the line. And in the end, I did what I always do, I was able to take advantage of the situation and become the champion. But to be honest with all of you, I didn’t deserve it and I should never have been the sin city wrestling world heavyweight champion at that time.”

“And I paid for it. No sooner had I won that championship then I lost it. I lost it to someone who, to be honest, I don’t like. Jack Washington is an arrogant kid, someone who believes himself to be better than he really is. Someone who is insecure, he carries a chip on his shoulder and thinks the entire world is against him. Someone who believes the entire world is against him and even when he earns anything, believes more should be handed to him. That kid? Like looking into a mirror for me.”

“So, that’s a harsh reality when you see that happen. When you realize what kind of person you are and how you promised to be better and failed miserably”

Alex turns, placing the Roulette title on the table to his left. He slides his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. A pair of tight-fitting black denim, a pair of black and white converse, a red and black wolfslair shirt over his upper body, and a black leather jacket over the top of that. His long black hair was tied back in a bun. His eyes staring forward, honest and deep. Emotions running through them.

”That is why the Roulette championship will forever hold a special place in my heart. It gave me a chance to live up to the promise that I had. I’ve been around the world and I felt all sorts of championships. Ones with certain stipulations and gimmicks, World Championships that allowed me to call myself the best. But the Roulette championship? It was a title that is built on my redemption. And it’s one that I didn’t particularly want to give up. But now it seems like I’m going to be forced to. So, if I lose to our champion, he becomes the Roulette champion and the world champion at the same time and this title no doubt be dropped and put in some kind of tournament or one-off match to crown a new champion.”

Alex looks over and gestures with his left hand to the Roulette championship sitting on the desk next to him

”It’s what happened with the Internet title: Mac going into that match with that championship and coming out with both and having to drop one. And if I beat him? well? What am I supposed to do? Do I turn down the world championship? Come on now. But as much as I respect Mac for what he has done I also can’t help but be a little annoyed. You see he came into this company and won the Roulette championship and a week later dropped it and walked out. Then he Walters back in gets the Internet championship drops that for the world title all because his wife and the women’s Internet champion had both been so dominant they faced each other. Mark Cross was a waste of time world champion and Mac was able to know exactly when and where to strike”

“It was genius. It really was. The only championship that Mac has not held is the mixed tag team championship meanwhile the only one I haven’t held is the Internet so we can both lay claim to being dominant, and meaning something to this company.”

“But while I signed a contract and stayed and have never walked out on the company, Mac cannot say the same. And I get it, man, we all have issues, we all sometimes have to deal with things in our personal lives and sometimes it just doesn’t work with what we need to do in that ring. But here you are walking back into the company, getting that world championship, and calling your shots.”

Alex laughed to himself and shakes his head letting out a large sigh throwing up his hands in exasperation

”Part of me feels honored, honored that you chose me to face, I’ve seen your comments to Mark cross and Jack Washington about me and about the world title. Jack seems to think you are hiding from him, Mark decided to run his mouth and when I called him out on it he shut up very quickly. But I honestly don’t know what to think. I’d like to hope that you aren’t going to go down that path and believe that I’m some kind of freebie. That I’m just someone who has a credible name that you could walk through, that you can add to your list of people that you’ve beaten. I’d like To believe that you honestly see me as a threat and a worthy challenger.”

“Maybe you do, maybe you don’t.”

“The truth is Mac that I have given up trying to find out people‘s motivations and study them and try and figure them out. It doesn’t matter to me whether or not you believe that I am a threat to you. What matters, is that I believe I’m a threat to you. And I know I can beat you. Sure you are big and bad, you are tough, you like to beat the hell out of people and you have a certain, skill when it comes to violence. You and Amber both have that. But trust me when I say this, and I want you to listen to me with open ears and an open mind and to know that I’m telling you the truth.”

“I have had my ass kicked by bigger, badder, and better people than you.”

His top lip curls as his knees at the camera, he tries to keep himself calm, cool, and collected. But he can feel anger and rage rising inside him.

”The thing is, I’m kind of hoping that you are stupid enough to underestimate me. I’m kind of hoping that you honestly believe you can run through me like a fucking truck. See, I already explained earlier that I held that championship when I didn’t deserve it. I ran Griffin Hawkins out of this company and I did it to get my hands on that championship and I ended up paying the price of my own pride my own arrogance and my ego. And because of that, it seems like even the company forgot that I held that championship.”

“A simple tweet, where the company and one of the people running it decided to not even acknowledge that I am a former world champion.”

“You see, I beat you Mac? I can do with the world championship what I have been trying to do with the Roulette championship. I may have had my goals with the Roulette championship to break all the records, the single championship reign length, the number of defenses, I wanted to own all of those. But, to get my hands back on that world championship, to be at the top of the company again, and to be able to show that I do deserve it, that I did earn my way here, and that I can beat someone as dominant as you? To get that chance, it means everything to me.”

“I don’t even care what the Roulette wheel lands on, I don’t care what kind of match we end up getting ourselves into. At violent conduct, you will be getting the fight that you seem to want. Maybe it’s the fight that Jack Washington keeps on saying you have been trying to avoid. I can promise you, I will fight you to the nail, I will scratch and claw and kick and bite and I will do everything in my power to beat you and take that championship. And you? I know you will do everything in your power to stop me. And that’s what I’m looking forward to.”

Offline Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 01:54:46 PM »
The First Cut Is The Deepest (Rp#1 againt Alex Jones)

“It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Connecting The Dots Part 2
Port Arthur, Texas - Mixon INC
/Scene Opens\
[Off-camera]

Southeast Texas in August is not for the weak, when ninety-seven degrees feels like one hundred and fifteen degrees that’s a whole lot of no fucking bueno. I sat in my truck with one arm out the window, and the air conditioning turned up full blast. My playlist was cranked up as well, with the current selection being “Cowboys From Hell” by Pantera. I saw the man that claimed to be the youngest son of Thomas Mixon in my rearview mirror as he approached. I took one last drag from my cigarette. I was finished with my cigarette, and field dressed it just as the youngest of the Mixon boys climbed in the passenger side of my truck. I dropped the cigarette in the travel ashtray. A small amount of smoke escaped and before this ride was done, young mister Mixon was going to want to do the same, escape.  I dropped the truck into first gear and eased off the clutch and we pulled out of the parking lot. “Talk”, I said to him as he sat there on the passenger side looking very scared. “Scared?”, I asked him before he could say anything. He nodded in agreement. “Yeah, uh...Mr. Bane….”, I made a hard left forcing him up against the passenger side window. I grunted in satisfaction as I heard his head smack against the window. “Hey...not necessary!”, he protested as he rubbed the side of his head and glared at me.

“Did you think lying to me was necessary?”, I asked him, all pretense of civility now gone from my tone. “Who are you, really!?” I demanded of him. “You have no digital footprint at all, kid, and I don’t like that.”, I explained as I scowled at him. The hard left I had taken was taking us directly towards the ranch. The place that had been my home most of my adult life. He rubbed his head and looked at me in shock. “Why are you taking me towards your ranch?”, he asked in a not quite panicked voice but he was close to cracking and I knew it. “Because it has a cemetery and if I don’t like the answers I get from you, you’ll get a real up close look at it.”, I said through a growling voice. We eased off the highway onto the farm-to-market road that I had used many times to get home from the airport. I drove us right up to the cemetery entrance. “Get out of the truck”, I barked at him. He complied quickly but didn’t try to run away, which I half expected. The kid had guts, I’ll give him that, or he’s just stupid. Either way, I was going to find out what that old man wanted. “Now then, you’re going to prove to me that you are who you say you are.”, I said to him, my voice taking on an icy tone. He audibly swallowed as he looked at me in fear.

“Tell me something that only your father would know.” I continued calmly. He paused, obviously considering what that might be. “I’ve been completely transparent with you Mr. Bane, I am his youngest son.” He began but I cut him off. “Then why is it I cannot find you online in a basic search and none of my contacts can find any mention of you.” I asked him again. “Because he had our entire family's digital footprint eradicated.” He said simply. I shook my head in disbelief, could the old man be that careful? Was that even possible? “Except for his own, that is, right?”, I asked him. “Yes, you won’t find any mention of myself or my two older brothers online in any way.”, he explained to me as he continued to become paler. “My father runs in circles that would make the strongest man sick to their stomach. Men and women who make that island look like nothing. If you get my meaning.” he said more calmly now. “He’s connected to some of the vilest human beings on the face of the planet. People who will do whatever he asks.” he said finally. “Island?”, I asked him pointedly. He sighed and rolled his eyes, “Don’t you remember the guy the whole world said didn’t kill himself.”. I nodded, “I do, sick fuck.”.

Joseph paused for a moment, “He didn’t kill himself, Mr. Bane. He was in fact murdered in his cell by the Delgado family.” There was that name again, “Delgado Family?” The palm of my hand slammed into my forehead in an exaggerated facepalm. “Atlantic City Family”, he added as I stared incredulously at him. He continued, “It’s not the son that’s dangerous, the elder Delgado is the real threat. The younger is just a puppy nipping at his father’s heels.” he finished. “None of this makes any sense right now,” I added finally. “Why does your father want this land so fucking badly?”, I added. He shrugged his shoulders, “I think it’s because it belongs to a Bane, but I’ll keep my ears open if there’s more, You’ll know right after I know.” I discarded his statement, “No, there has to be more to it than that!” I said emphatically. He shrugged again, “I suppose this was enough information for you to believe that I am who I say I am?” he asked me with a careful grin. I nodded and grunted in agreement, “I suppose it does. I’ll take you back.” I said to him, and a wave of appreciation washed over his face like a cleansing rain. We got back into my truck and started the trip back to the offices of Mixon INC.

Fade.

Alex Jones!

You posed the question and I’m going to answer it right out of the blocks. You asked me if I believed you to be a proper contender? Why in the actual fuck would you assume anything else? Do you really take me to be someone who wants the easy road? Who wants to appear to be anything other than a fighting champion? Shame on you AJ, for assuming anything at all about me as a person or as a champion. The assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, sir, you know this so I won’t beat a dead horse about it. The easy path would have been taking another match with Augustino and making him the number one contender. I could have done what was expected and given the shot to a returning Jack Washington. I could have even badgered Mark Cross until I embarrassed him enough to come back for a rematch.

Augustino has shown time and time again that he’s not ready for the spotlight. His matches against me have been a joke. Far from competitive to say the least. That doesn’t mean I don’t respect the kid but he’s not there yet. I’m actually kind of surprised you haven’t taken him under your wing, much like you did with Milo.

Jack Washington?

No, fuck that guy. He lost to Mark Cross and bailed like a bitch. He’ll have to earn his way back to the title picture just like everyone else.

Mark Cross?

The same thing, he lost to me and decided to retire. Even if he came back tomorrow he’d be contending with the Jack Washington’s of the company to even sniff the main event again.

I could have even gone farther than that, I could have sent word to Sin City Underground and taken on one of their champions. So, yes Pikachu I choose you to defend my title against. Based on everything I’ve laid out here, that should bring you a sense of pride in knowing at least one man in this company didn’t overlook you. Your talent, your ability, and most importantly your legacy. Not just in this company, because your legacy and mine reach farther than the walls of this company. We are men that have been around for a long long time. We’ve affected people in ways that we don’t even know about. I’d say overall, that’s a positive thing. We each have our share of baggage, things we’ve done in the past that we’re not exactly proud of. One thing we can be proud of though is the here and now.

You and I may not be the main event for Violent Conduct but by God, we can make them regret that choice! Alex Jones versus Mac Bane is the main event in any company. We have no control over that. The ownership team of this company does, they feel like Amber versus Myra has more ability to make money than we do. Maybe they’re right and maybe they’re not. The only way to put the Men’s side of the house back where we are on equal footing with the bombshells is to bring the Sullivan Arena down! We’ll burn this bitch to the ground and put everyone on fucking notice in this company. When I say everyone, I mean everyone. From the owners to the men on this roster to the Bombshells.

How do I know we will do exactly that?

That’s the easy part, Chief.

Title versus title was the stipulation. It’s not that you have nothing to lose. Quite the opposite, I know that title means a lot to you. This match puts your chase of a record in jeopardy. It would mean that if you should lose, the front office has to have another tournament to crown another champion. I did this so I know that I will get the best version of Alex Jones. The thought of losing that title means yet another blemish on your record. You shouldn’t worry about that though. Everything is in your favor, you have all the advantages. Title versus title was my stipulation but the match will be conducted via Roulette rules. Everything is right there for you to capitalize on. Like I told Cross, I’m the mountain you have to climb, the dragon you have to slay, and the man you have to beat. We’ll find out if you can indeed capitalize on it or just be the first of many title defenses that I have. 

Fade

Time or lack therof
Somewhere in Las Vegas, Nevada
/Scene Opens\
[Off-camera]

Another day, another interview, this time with a local radio personality who was a huge wrestling fan. I personally hated these types of personalities, mostly because they think they know the business. Some call them smarks, I call them assholes. Especially the ones with abrasive personalities like Dave “The Man” Leonotis. I entered the booth and could smell right away that he was an alcoholic as well as a dick head. The aroma of cheap booze and cigarettes hit me full in the face as I entered. I was greeted by his producer first, Pamela Jones introduced herself. “Mr. Bane, thank you for agreeing to do this, Dave is a huge fan of yours, but I have to warn you.”, she paused and I finished the sentence for her. “He’s a bit of a challenge?”, I said with a smile. She returned that smile, “He’s a dick, thank god I don’t work for him.” I chuckled, “No, you just have to produce his show. Almost as bad.” I said in response. She nodded and stepped aside as she heard the footfalls behind her. “Mac Fucking Bane! In my studio!” came the bellowing voice of Dave Leonotis. The smell of booze hit me long before he got to where I was. I was really glad that I still had my mask in place so he couldn’t see the contempt I was sure was written all over my face.

We shook hands briefly, “Good to meet you Dave, thank you for asking me to do this interview.” The man actually beamed with pride at the simple compliment, that was such an obvious lie even the producer laughed shaking her head as she exited the booth. Please, come in and take a seat and we’ll get started soon. You can take your mask off if you like, I don’t give a shit about that.”. I held my hands up, “I appreciate that but as the face of the company, I have to take all precautions to make sure my health is not in jeopardy outside of the ring.”. He seemed to accept that as I pulled the hand sanitizer out of my pocket and rubbed my hands vigorously. He noticed but decided not to comment as we sat down to start the interview. I leaned back in the chair and accepted the cup of coffee that Pamela brought me. “There’s some Irish Whiskey if you’d like for your coffee”, Dave commented as he held up the bottle. “A bit early for me, Dave, thanks all the same,” I said politely to him as he lowered the bottle, obviously a little disappointed in my reputation not being what he thought it was. never meet your heroes kids, they’ll never measure up to your lofty ideals I thought to myself as the interview began.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me in welcoming the World Champion in Sin City Wrestling, Mac Fucking Bane!” he began as he introduced me to his listening audience. He continued by listing off my many titles and hall of fame inductions. This guy was a super fan, obviously, listing off shit that I had forgotten about. Companies that hadn’t even entered my mind in a decade. great, just what I needed was another fucking stalker I thought to myself. “Thank you very much, Dave, that was such a glowing review of my career I  had to check and make sure I wasn’t the second coming of Jesus or something.” I quipped at him in hopes of keeping the banter light and non-invasive. He laughed in response and clapped his hands a couple of times, “Well, I’m a long-time fan, Mac, and know your career well. I’ve followed you throughout your many trials and tribulations as they say.” He said with a genuine, if not oily smile. fuck my life I thought again. “Wow, now that’s impressive, even my attention span isn’t that long.” I continued the banter with him, hoping this stayed friendly. “Seriously though, that was very kind, I had no idea you were a fan,” I added trying to keep my voice in a place to show gratitude where none existed.

“It’s my pleasure Mac, really, I’m guessing your wife couldn’t make it this time? I was really hoping to meet Amber as well.”, he said as we started getting to the meat of the interview. “Not this time Dave, she had another engagement to attend to this time. I can’t make any promises but maybe next time.” I added to put that subject to bed. “Ah, fair enough” he responded in kind. “So, shall we get to it?” he asked, I nodded to him and responded, “Go for it, chief.”. I don’t know if he could see the dangerous glint in my eye just then but I know his producer could. His face blanched as she said something to him, he nodded. “So, Mr. Bane what’s it like to be the face of the franchise for Sin City?” I smiled beneath my mask as I glanced over quickly at the producer’s window and shot her a wink. “It’s great,” I said in response. “I mean, what’s not to love about traveling the world and representing the brand that is SCW.” He nodded at my answer, “But you also have a personal brand as well right?” He followed up with. “I do, but it’s secondary to the company brand, as it should be.” He considered that for a moment and his brow furrowed at my response. “You mean to tell me that you put the company’s interest before your own? I don’t buy that bullshit for a minute.” He exclaimed almost yelling. I arched an eyebrow at his reaction.

Dave made two mistakes just then, he stood up in the booth across for me with his chest puffed out. I laughed as I leaned back in the chair. “Dave, do you remember when we were setting this up and I told you if you went too far what would happen?” To his credit the shock jock stood his ground glaring at me, I was waiting for him to start foaming at the mouth, honestly. I laughed and stood up. I took the headset off and picked my black stetson back up. “I’m sorry Pam, I have to cut this short, it was a pleasure meeting you. And when you get this jackass back on his meds, let me know and I might come back and do another interview.”

Fade.

The man I defeated for this title, well he did something foolish. He declared that he would break the record for both title defenses and days held as champion. When you go out on a limb like that, you are setting yourself up for failure. Especially when there are men like Alex Jones and myself on the roster. See, I was told that I literally came out of nowhere to win this title.

Did I really?

Since day one, I’ve told people that this was my destination. That I would win this strap and no one could stop me.

I could say that I told you so…..

But now I don’t have to.

I could represent myself like some of the champions from other companies do and declare myself the greatest thing since Betty White. Instead, I invite them to come to find out for themselves. Funny enough, there haven’t been any takers. What do I take away from that? They are either cowards or they’ve seen me in action and they know the risks involved with stepping into the ring with me. What our match will be, will all be decided by a spin of the wheel. It could be virtually anything and I’m good with whatever that may be. One thing we know, Alex, is this will not be a regular match. You can try to sell at just a regular match all you want. Once the bell rings, you’ll know just how wrong that statement is. This will be my first title defense since beating Cross for the World Title. Calling this a regular match is an insult, and I don’t let those go easily.

A regular match?

Nah, fuck that. This will be anything but a regular match Alex. As we draw closer, it will become more apparent to you and your team there at the gym. I know they have your back in all things, loyalty is a fine thing, Alex. Make no mistake about it, if they stick their nose in this match, the gentleman wolf disappears and something vastly more familiar and violent comes out to play. I know there will be people who say I’m ducking them because I didn’t give them the shot at the title. People like your buddy Austin. In some ways, he’s a lot like Jack Washington, who thinks I’m ducking him because I didn’t give him this shot. There is a reason you’re getting this shot Alex and it’s not because I don’t think you can beat me. I know you can, you’ve been a world champion before. Anyone who believes for a moment that Alex Jones hasn’t earned a title shot, well, they simply haven’t been paying attention to the whole body of work. A triple crown champion, that’s who Alex Jones is. He made the Roulette Title mean something again. Some might even argue that he made it mean more than the World Title does.

I’m not one of those people, just to be clear. By holding this title makes it mean more. Right after I won this belt, J2H said something to me that struck a chord. He was talking about how previous champions had shit the bed and hadn’t lived up to what a World Champion is supposed to be. They had taken the bar that he had personally set and left it on the floor. So my raising the bar shouldn’t be too damn tough. When I say it struck a chord, I don’t mean it in a good way. It made me angry quite honestly and now I have to pick up that bar and hit people in the face with it every time I step into the ring to defend this title. I don’t know how long my reign will be but I have no intention of letting you be the one that ends it.

Good luck out there Alex, you’re gonna fucking need it.

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 10:32:20 AM »
Belief

“We believe in you”

Her words were kind, they were soft and caring. Alex didn’t look at her, in fact, if you didn’t know that subtle signs you would’ve thought he didn’t even hear her. But, there were definitely signs there. A small curl in his upper lip, his hands opening softly. His shoulder slumping down showing that he is comfortable. She knew how to calm him down, she knew how to make sure her husband felt understood and believed in. He turned and pushed off the side of the couch getting to his feet, turning back towards Sonya holding out his hand to help her up.

She gave him a light smile and stood up with him. It was time to get back to work, time to keep on running the gym that they have both put so much blood, sweat, and tears into.

For the last few years, they had done everything to build it up, every bit of extra money they had gone straight back into the gym. Into marketing, into extra gear and equipment. But now, they have been able to get ahead. They had attracted members from all walks of life, some of the biggest names that were currently in professional wrestling trained with them. They had opened up a second location, attracting even more names on the other side of the country. Alex’s younger sister had proven herself to be an incredibly savvy businesswoman as well as a great head trainer.

He missed her, but the success was worth it. And all of that had led to success in his wrestling career. A championship title rain that he had never expected, wins over some of the best in the company. And now, a championship opportunity against the top champion in the company.

Alex had been worried, down on himself that he was going to let everyone down and that he could not do it. He would put up a good fight, sure, but there was doubt that had crept into his mind. Doubt that he could stand up to the onslaught of a man who was so big and strong, someone who had obviously been ready to destroy anyone who stepped in the ring with him. Austin had let his feelings be known to Alex when they had talked, it had given Alex a boost and he had been training like a mad man for the last week.

Weights, cardio, submission work, working with anyone and everyone who is bigger than him.

Alex had done it all. All in preparation for a match that he felt could’ve been one of the biggest of his career. A career that had spanned two decades, a career he had faced some biggest and baddest human beings on the planet and some of the biggest names in the business. But he was getting older, he knew that he was closer to the end of his career than he ever was at the beginning. And the roulette championship had been a saving grace, but everyone wants to be world champion. And everyone believes, no matter how old matter how much evidence that is so contrary that they still have one great run left in them.

Last week, Alex did not have that belief that he had one great run left. But this week? There was something different. It wasn’t just what Austin had said to him, it was the way people treated Alex, the way they would look at him when he entered the room, the way they wanted to work with him to help him. It had been his job to help the younger generation get ready for big matches and moments and to be successful in their chosen career, but now here they were, these young kids helping him.

It made him smile and fill with pride that he had not felt in a long time. At least not in his professional life.

In his personal life, he was proud to be in a loving relationship, a stable one instead of the toxic ones that he had been in before. His past was littered with women who tried to destroy him and bring him down. He was proud of his children, a daughter that he was not able to spend as much time with that he wanted to due to her mother, but a son who is growing stronger every day, he was showing himself to be an amazing young man. All of his friends and family at the gym, he was proud of them all, but this was different.

This was his friends and students rallying behind him to help him reach a goal he thought at this point in his career was not attainable.

He smiled and turned back to Sonya again, she tilted her head holding her arms over her chest before looking out at the gym and then back to her husband. “Are you ready?”

He gave her a small shrub, a smile, and then a sigh. “I suppose. Is anyone ever really ready for this? Matches like it don’t come around much”

“So you’re nervous?” She reached out lightly touching his shoulder, Alex didn’t answer he just gave her a note. She smiled and chuckled under her breath before tapping Alex on the chest and holding her hand over his heart. “Nervous is good. You shouldn’t be comfortable in this.” She was right, being comfortable leads to complacency. You should never be complacent when competing for something so huge. He knew she was right, one of the many reasons why he loved her. She got him, she got the business. “I believe in you. They believe in you. But it won’t matter if you don’t believe in yourself…”

He took in a deep breath and pushed it out slowly, his hands sitting on his hips as Sonya gave him a small tap on his chest where she had placed her hand. “I do…..I just know that even my best may not be good enough…” There was a silence that hung in the air, Sonya gave a small nod back to him trying to understand but at the same time not knowing what to say. “I’m fine with it Sonya…..all I can do is my best….and believe.”

Part 2

“Well then, I guess it’s nice to know I was actually listened to for once”

He shakes his head, the hood from his black and red wolfslair hoodie pulled up over the top.

“And you did Mac, you listened to me. Very good. Admittedly it’s been fun to sit back and listen to you regurgitate everything that I said to you back to me, like some kind of cowboy hat wearing, overgrown, speak and spell. But there were a few things that you said in response to questions and queries that I laid out on the table that honestly made me smile. It’s good to know that you do appreciate my work and you respect the talent. It’s good to know you’re not over looking and you believe me to be a legitimate contender.”

“Even if part of me hopes that you won’t. But since you are? At least I know that if I walk into violent conduct that I’m able to beat you, if I’m able to walk through the world champion and take that championship off of you, well, now I know that it will be you at your best. You coming at me with everything that you possibly have, every single shot, every single move, all of it will be you trying to keep the championship because you know that there would be a moment where you slip up and I can take it from you.“

“It’s good to know, it’s good to know because if I’m able to beat you back? It means that you have no excuses. You can’t turn around and say that you underestimated me, you can’t turn around and say that you made a mistake in thinking I wasn’t on your level. Because now I know, you do say that I’m on your level, you do see me as a legitimate threat.”

“With that being said, I’m not entirely certain that rule that rules is actually in my favor.“

“If we get some kind of match that involves ladders or fast movement, yeah sure. I’ll have an advantage. If we get locked in a cage? Someone like me, smaller more technical based, someone who would have to use speed and his ability to create distance against someone like you, well I’m trapped. I’ll be trapped in a small space with someone who could honestly rip my arms off like a child does with wings from a fly. That roulette wheel spins and it knows no mercy. It doesn’t favour one person or the other until it decides to land on whatever match stipulation it chooses…”

He laughs to himself, thinking back to all the strange matches he’s been put in since becoming the Roulette champion. An ultimate X over the pool? Childsplay.

“In the end Mac, whatever match we have we will both need to adapt and evolve. Whether or not the stipulation favours one or the other doesn’t matter, if it favours you I need to overcome that to prove that I deserve to be champion, if it favours me? Same deal. You and I have both been at this long enough to know that. It’s something that Jack Washington is so young that he’s having trouble learning, that’s why he bailed when he lost, he needed time. But what about you? Will you bail if you lose? If you drop that championship to me are you gonna be the first one out the door? Or will you do everything you can to get it back? We don’t know. You’ve already left the company once. What’s saying you won’t do it again?”

“See, you can bring up that you decided to state your claim for that wall title when you first got here, but everyone does that, the thing is, not everyone wins the championship and then leaves.”

“But, I need to ask back. When exactly did I refer to this as a regular match?“

“You go ahead, back through tweets, back through my interview on climate control, back through the promo I’ve already cut once against you. The promo on camera, and you tell me where I called this a regular match. Go ahead. Hit the pause button on this promo I’ll wait.”

Alex felt his arms over his chest, he sits back in his chair and crosses his ankles over kicking his legs out in front of him. He sighs and seems to just wait as he stays there, he turns his wrist up looking at his watch, he notes a few times and pulls his legs back on folding his arms and placing his hands on his knees before pushing up to his feet.

“Could you find it? Where, on camera, I have referred to this as a regular match? That you couldn’t. See, I know Damm well this isn’t a regular match. This is for a world championship. I have spent time thinking about this match, days where I’ve been going over it in my head over and over again what I should be thinking about anything else in my life. Thinking about my wife thinking about my son thinking about my daughter thinking about my friends and family all my gym or any other business I have going I have just thought about this match. Since it was announced, then after I was interviewed about it, all the way leading up through the first week as we claw closer and closer towards the violent conduct I have done nothing but eat, Sleep, breathe, and shit this match.”

“That’s what we both have to do Mac.”

“You have been a dominant force in this company, I admitted for and I have no intentions on turning my back on what I already said. Because believe it or not? I meant it. You have destroyed anyone you’ve been in the ring with, you destroyed Mark cross, you destroyed Agostino over and over again, and I know that if you get over me, if I make a mistake, if I’m off my game at all, I can kiss my championship opportunity goodbye. And at my age? With what my body has gone through? Well the truth is that I may not have many opportunities like this left.”

“I refuse to die wondering, I refuse to sit back and allow this opportunity to pass me by. If I go out there and do everything I possibly can to beat you, if I leave a part of my heart and a part of my soul in that ring with you, and I fail? Well at least I can say I did everything possible to walk away is champion.“

“However, if I hold back, if I doubt myself and don’t believe in myself at any point during this match and you beat me because of it? Well that is on me and it is something I don’t think I’ll be able to respect about myself. So yeah Mac, you’ll get the best of me….Whether you are ready, or not.”

Offline Mac

• View Profile
Information Is Power - RP#2 against Alex Jones
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 08:24:26 PM »
RP #2 against Alex Jones

Information Is Power
The Bane Hotel Room, Anchorage, Alaska
/Scene Opens\
[Off-camera]

Amber and I had talked for a while, the scent of her still fresh in my senses. She and her perfume had that light cinnamon smell to it, or maybe it was just her. Either way, her presence always lifted my spirits, even if I was sure she was trying to hide something from me. That didn’t matter though, although I hoped that she would trust me eventually to tell me what was going on. I knew only that it was someone from her past. Whoever Delgado was, and what was it that Joseph Mixon had said. “It’s not the junior Delgado that should worry you, he’s a small fish. The elder Delgado was where the real power was in that family.” As I pushed myself up from that ass munchin’ couch, I groaned a little bit, mostly from just being wiped out from the travel. I hated super soft couches like that, they were far too comfortable. I had to get a move on though, still a lot to do, and my mind was a cluster fuck right now. Among the three hundred and sixty-five tabs currently open.  I knew two things right now, I focussed on those for a moment, first and foremost she was anxious about this match against Myra. The second thing I knew was, so was I. This would be my first title defense since winning this strap from Mark Cross. I wasn’t scared, but the anxiety was definitely there. That shit would have to wait for showtime though, I had things to do.

“Alright Sweet Girl, I’ll be back in a bit”, I said as I grabbed my hat and duster to back out and battle the colder weather and the wind again. If she did say anything as I made my way into the hallway, I didn’t hear it. My phone started to buzz and I pulled it out of my pocket as I made my way towards the exit. The message was from Joseph Mixon.

You were right, it’s something much bigger than your land. I’ll explain once you’ve returned. What that said to me was his communications may be monitored and he was scared to reveal what it was or it would give him time to make something up. “Don’t play me, Mister Mixon, you won’t like how I react”, I said to myself as I exited the building. A strong wind had picked up and I looked out at the horizon as the storm clouds gathered. The wind caused the brim of my hate to dip slightly and I turned my collar up to ward off the chill. Simons was just down the street from the hotel, I was to meet a man there by the name of Cook. He supposedly had information on the Delgado connection to Thomas Mixon.

I entered the pub, taking off my hat I made my way to the bar. I quietly asked the bartender for Red Breast ‘21. He smiled at me and muttered in Gaelic, “Fekkin Americans think they know something about Irish Whiskey.” I returned his smile and responded in his native tongue, “You should probably know that I speak Irish as well as you do. Only with a Texas twang.” That got his attention and this time he said in English, “What’s yer name, Sir?” I responded with the truth, not always a good idea but fuck it. “Bane.”, his eyebrows shot upward. “Oh really?”, “Cook is waitin’ for ye out back.” I looked down at my Stetson and brushed away the lint and dust that had peppered it on the way in. “Thanks”, I responded to him as he handed me the tumbler. “It’s on the house, sir.” He nodded and I returned the nod. I took my drink and walked through the bar and the kitchen to the back alley of the place. I found Cook there, also with a glass of his own. He eyed me up and down, “You’re a big bastard, ain’t ya?” he said to me with an accent that sounded like Oklahoma.

I shook my head in disbelief, this was like a bad joke. “What the hell is an Okie doing in an Irish bar in Anchorage Alaska? The way he cackled, the irony was not lost on him. “Well, Mister Bane, I’m here on business actually. You?” he asked me. “Same” I responded to him as he arched an eyebrow. “Ah, that’s right, you’re part of the Sin City promotion. Their Champion if the intel was correct.” I nodded rather than waste words. Then it hit me, I had seen this man before, in the offices of Thomas Mixon. “How long have you worked for Thomas?” I asked nonchalantly. He didn’t flinch, no facial expression change at all. “Thomas send you out here to take care of me?” I asked. Again, no change in expression or stance. He looked at me through steely eyes. “If that were the case, you’d have been dead before you ever made the hotel.” I felt my own eyes harden as I responded, “I’m not that easy to kill, friend. I’m sure the Taliban thought the same thing more than once.” He nodded and smiled, “SpecOps?”. I nodded, “Something like that.” I watched now as he relaxed physically, he had been coiled uptight as hell and I hadn’t caught that. I missed one of the most basic tenants of observation.

“Mister Bane, no I was not sent here by that one. My orders come from Joseph’s older brother, Marcus.” He said smoothly and without inflection. “Marcus, why would he care?” I asked him in earnest. “The old man is a bastard, the boys are trying to figure out how to wrestle control away.”, he sighed and then continued. “They believe that if they give you information, you may be able to help.” I nodded as he said it, not quite believing my ears. “The reasons are in this envelope that I have, I’m going to reach into my breast pocket. Please don’t mistake this for an aggressive move.” I nodded as he reached into his breast pocket and retrieved the envelope with two fingers. He handed it to me carefully. “I’m going to leave now, please don’t attempt to follow me, I don’t like misunderstandings.” I nodded, “Of course.” he turned on his heel and left the alley.

Fade.

I stood in front of the camera, black Stetson in my hand. I flicked bits of dust and grime away from it as I get ready to begin.

The chances of me taking you lightly or not taking you seriously are somewhere around fucking zero. Just to be clear about the whole thing. The company did a poll on social media and I went out and voted for the Roulette Rules stipulation. Do you know why? Any clue at all? I’ll tell you exactly why. As I said previously, I wanted you to have all the advantages in this match. There’s something more to it than that as well. The real question is why would I do that? Why, as a world champion would I want the contender to have all the advantages in a title match? That’s easy, I get really tired of seeing people use social media to try and garner sympathy for losses. The list of excuses is a mile long. When I kick your ass I don’t want to hear that shit.

Title versus title; Roulette Rules, some believe that this diminishes the world title. They’ve even said so, but unless you’re the one holding this title, your opinion doesn’t fucking matter. Not to me, or the fans and it certainly shouldn’t matter to the founder of the Wolf’s Lair, Alex Jones. I don’t care where on the wheel it stops Alex, like you I’ve been in all kinds of matches all over the world. I hope it’s something that fits the theme of the show personally. I hope it’s the kind of ultra-violence that my friends from Carnage Wrestling would be proud to be a part of. Something that the ghost of Spike Kane could look on and say, that’s the way to handle your business. Even if it’s not, I know that we’ll do everything we can to represent in the best way possible. That’s who you’ve always tried to be, right?

Alex is a well-spoken and intelligent man, he’s always presented himself in a way that was easy to understand and respect. The thing that may be struck a chord with me was the fact that he was surprised that he was the one that I chose to have my first defense against.  As a competitor, you should not only expect to be named a contender for a belt but you should fucking demand it, Alex. More importantly than that, you should be ready for it. Anyone who wasn’t expecting to get a shot at me and this belt should be ashamed of themselves. As a competitor, you should be offended that I didn’t select you as the number one contender for this belt. I selected Alex because I know his mettle and I respect it. Do you think because you hold the Roulette title and it’s a bottom of the card kind of belt that I don’t respect your ability? I said it before and I’ll say it again, Alex, you made the Roulette title mean something again.

That is no easy task, my man.

To this point, I feel like I’ve been respectful of you and your body of work. You chose to take the low road and throw around thinly veiled insults and borderline accusations. Now then for the folks following along at home, he said that what I did was genius. As if I somehow manufactured this run I’m on without putting in the work to get here. I’ve got a fifteen and five record in Sin City that says otherwise. The one thing that he said that was true was that yes I did leave the company for a time. I’ve never explained why and I won’t start today. Frankly, it’s no one’s business but my own. The ownership here was very kind in accepting my reasons and they even invited me back for the Blast From the Past tournament. That’s right Alex, I was asked to come back for that. Do you even know why? It’s because the so-called superstar’s division in this company is nothing but the weak sauce.

That’s fucking why.

Many of the men that held this strap, after losing it, bailed on the company. If Mr. Jones should be able to beat me, that’s not something my pride would allow. I don’t expect the weak-minded to understand this. You’ve certainly shown yourself to be that. Look at the bright side, if nothing else, at least you don’t have to face Colby or Augustino for this show, so there’s that. At least this week you’ll face someone who will push you. You’ll face someone who will bring your passion for this business back to the surface in a raging inferno. Or you’ll be consumed by the fire just like virtually everyone else has been in one on one matches with me. Whatever happened to the Black Dragon? Has he turned into a thin-skinned gecko instead? Is he selling insurance on the side? Who knows really, I haven’t seen him in a long time. I hope he shows up and shows out at Violent Conduct. He used to be a dominant fighter or so they say. I just don’t see it honestly. Dominance by definition is influence and power over an individual or group of individuals.

You spoke of dominance, like you know what that is, Alex. Everything I’ve accomplished in Sin City has been done in less than thirty matches here. I haven’t even been here a year yet and am already a triple crown champion. How long did it take you to achieve the same? You’ve been here for more than two years, that’s how long. So what I did in twenty matches took you how long to accomplish the same? Yeah, Alex, that’s real fucking dominant, isn’t it? Less than twenty matches to the top of the mountain, all while you languish in gimmick matches at the bottom of the card. That must be frustrating for someone like you. Someone with so much pride in what they’ve accomplished. Whether it’s real or imagined is another story though right? You’ve accomplished a lot but there’s no fire behind your words. It’s like you’ve given up and decided to coast the rest of what’s left of your career. Perfectly satisfied with low-end title runs and being second or third best in your own faction. A faction that once ruled the roost around here or so they say. I wasn’t around for that so I can’t vouch for it personally. That’s ancient history around here though. Like you, your group is a shell of its former self.

There are easily three hundred and sixty different ways that I could stand here and call you a loser, but really, what’s the point in that. If you were to beat me, then I would have lost to a loser and diminished my own reputation at the same time. You’re not going to win this match, Alex. You’re a midget and I’m a monster, every hand I throw is a finisher. If you’re lucky, they’ll let you enter the tournament for the Roulett Title after I’m done kicking your ass all over Anchorage!

I extend two fingers, flashing the “Dueces” to the camera as it cuts to black.

Fade.