Author Topic: "Exorcism"  (Read 691 times)

Andrea Hernandez

"Exorcism"
« on: August 27, 2021, 11:52:12 PM »
August 30, 2020

It goes without saying that CC 278 was my ultimate rock bottom in Sin City Wrestling. The embarrassment of being eliminated by Mercedes Vargas that night is what drove me to the closest point I had ever been to giving up and leaving SCW entirely. As many know, it was the final straw that would ultimately lead to ‘old Andrea’ going away, but what nobody but me knows is that when I walked into that locker room, I was cold, empty and had given up hope of ever being a champion in SCW again.

“Is everything okay?” asked Kevin, the same cameraman that I worked with on my first night that advised me to never release my post-debut victory promo. I was sitting in the locker room, dreading the battle royal and wanting nothing to do with it. “Andrea?”

I wasn’t paying attention to him.

“Andrea, we need to film a pretape to air tonight before the battle royal!”

These words snapped me out of my empty feeling for a moment.

“Oh right…” I said as I stood up, slightly shaken as I was fighting the ‘I can’t do this’ feeling that was pulsating through my conscience repeatedly. “...I… forgot about that…”

“You’re still taking your dad’s death pretty hard, huh?”

“Not really. Can we talk about something else… like what this pretape is going to be about?”

“Alright. The gist of it? You fell on hard times, but beating Candy gets you back on track. Now? You have an opportunity at redemption and possibly getting back at Evie after everything she’s put you through.”

“Okay.” I said in a hushed voice as I stood in front of him. Subconsciously, I was not buying his pitch whatsoever. “Let’s just get this over with.”

“Are you SURE you’re okay?” he asked me, annoying me.

“LET’S JUST GET THIS OVER WITH!” I screamed at him, much to his shock. He didn’t say a word as he had the camera on and ready. As I took a deep breath, I could only think of the misery that I was experiencing. It wasn’t even the death of my father. It was that horrible feeling that I’d never be a world champion again, that the Bombshells world title was in a rut and it was all my fault, that all of my haters, especially Evie Jordan, were right, that I was the most hated person in SCW even though I had done nothing wrong except unintentionally hurt feelings with my words. The outright hate that I took from so many in the locker room was severely affecting my confidence and little did Kevin and I know that it was about to explode on full display.

“Whenever you’re ready…”

“This… is my chance to… redeem myself…” I began, with my internal confidence not even close to matching my words and a chill going down my spine. “Things have gotten rough for me lately. I can’t beat Evie. My dad died. I’ve been dealing with all this hate and it’s worn me out, I won’t lie. But if I win this battle royal… I get one last crack at Evie… and it would be one on one. Finally beating her at Violent Conduct would be one of the most inspirational, amazing turnarounds in SCW history and…”

The lack of belief in what I was saying caused my eyes to well up in tears.

“And…”

Flashes of all those losses to Evie and some of those empty, untrue words she said about me in the preceding months broke what little internal confidence I had left.

“Oh who am I KIDDING? There’s no WAY I deserve another title shot! I just had a rematch for it and I completely flopped. Before I even beat Candy I had lost four straight matches. I’m NOT good enough to be a world champion and I never was! That title reign was nothing but a fairy tale! I never deserved to be a world champion and I don’t even deserve to be in this fucking battle royal! I only beat Roxi and Christina because I got LUCKY ONE TIME! Evie was right… it hurts my heart to say that… but she was right about me… and my reward for winning is facing her AGAIN? WHY? Why should I even bother WINNING? I’m not good enough to beat Evie and I never will be…”

Tears flooded my face and I could feel the wrestler that I was at that point slowly begin to die in my fading spirit.

“I’m nothing but a fucking joke. All the haters were right. The world title has been in a rut since Alicia and it IS because of me. Everyone spent my whole reign tearing me down and then they celebrated when I lost the title and then they started to make fun of me and pass me off as old news and… the worst part is I’ve done NOTHING to prove them wrong. NOTHING! NONE of this is fair! My dad dies and when I TRY to make things better for my family, I make things WORSE!”

Cue a pause where my breakdown continues. I could feel my hands shaking at this point and my nerves began to tingle to the point of numbness.

“It feels like all this time, my time in SCW, my whole wrestling career, it feels like I fought all of those battles for NOTHING! It’s not even fair! HOW and WHY does the EVIL PERSON get away with everything? Why ME? Why do I have to be the one suffering? Why do I have to be a failure? Why do I have to be the worst Bombshells World Champion EVER? I don’t see the point in this anymore. I won’t win tonight. I don’t deserve to be here…”

I completely collapsed to my knees at this point as all the sobbing and crying was starting to give me a headache. I was also starting to feel like my breath was being cut off.

“After all the SHIT I’ve been through this summer, I NEVER want to face Evie Jordan again. Why should I? So I can be embarrassed even MORE? So I can be more of a fuck up to my family and a let down to my fans, whatever little I have left, than I already am? This whole thing with Evie has DESTROYED ME! Why am I even here? I’m a worthless piece of shit who can’t do ANYTHING right. I just want to go home NOW, not even bother with this battle royal and never, EVER come back to SCW. EVER! The haters have won… are they happy now? CONGRATULATIONS, HATERS! YOU WIN! I’m done…”

“Um… wow. Obviously, we’re not airing that…” the cameraman stated while I began to hyperventilate and repeatedly apologize to my father. The cameraman ejected the tape and left it on my chair. “You go ahead and destroy that tape then talk to me when you’re ready…”

The cameraman left the locker room at that point. Wiping away tears helped none as more tears came down and I was starting to feel the sting of mascara in my eyes.

“I can’t do this… I can’t do this… I can’t do this…”

I repeated this to myself again and again, ultimately taking myself out of the battle royal before it started and ultimately resulting in that horrific rock bottom of being eliminated by Mercedes and my world title window closing for good. Ultimately?

It would be the final death blow for ‘old Andrea’...

August 24, 2021

Of course, I did not destroy that tape. Just past midnight, I was sitting on my couch, underneath a blanket, with the lights completely off. Watching that unaired promo back haunted me to the point of stunned silence. It was the first time I’d actually seen the video and I felt this immense sadness pour through me.

“That’s how low I was?” I asked myself. It was jarring to me to see myself at such a rock bottom. With the pride that I’ve always carried within me, seeing myself so heartbroken, having already given up, and wanting to quit nearly brought me to tears. I didn’t have another word to say for a few minutes as I could only think of the shame that I was feeling once I realized I acted that way. I felt guilty that I had let one person more than anyone, along with a roster full of ‘haters’, get to me so much.

“How and why did I let ONE person break and destroy me like that?” I asked. “It’s hard to believe that I ever acted this way. I do remember that night and just having had enough of it. I remember feeling like everyone in SCW wanted me gone. I understand that I was in so much pain from dealing with a bunch of hatred and scorn that I just wasn’t used to at the time and I totally get that my dad dying on top of that made it even worse, but I am so saddened to see myself act that way because I KNOW for a fact that I’ve grown to be SO much better than that. Hell, I ALWAYS WAS better than that. I was ALWAYS better than those two-faced bitches. How could I have been that damn fragile to let worthless opinions of PEOPLE THAT DON’T MATTER break me down like that?”

At that point, all the pain and the sadness I was feeling watching myself at my lowest point turned to bitterness and anger.

“THEY did that to me… the whole fucking Bombshells locker room did that to me. They took advantage of the fact that I wasn’t experienced enough nor strong enough to deal with their empty, envious HATRED of me and they flooded me with it. They never accepted me from the first day I walked in and they all wanted me to fail and it sickens me that I DID fail as the Bombshells World Champion and gave them ALL this hate to drown me in. I let them break me down because I didn’t know how to deal with that huge, massive spotlight that was on me at that time. I will never, EVER forgive that locker room for what they did to me. They STILL try so fucking hard to bring me down but at least NOW I know how to deal with their BULLSHIT! I will NEVER be friends with ANY of them! That bridge is burned and the whole locker room can go straight to hell!”

“That was painful to watch…” I heard the voice of Savannah say behind me. I jumped slightly, surprised to hear her. For the moment, my anger faded as she came around to sit next to me on the couch.

“I thought you’d gone to bed…”

“I couldn’t sleep, then I saw you watching that tape.”

“It WAS painful to watch, I am not going to lie about that. That was the hardest time of my whole career next to that time I was Myra’s protege and dealing with all the abuse that she ever put me through. I remember after that night, I woke up the next morning and I was so depressed for most of the day. Then, out of nowhere, I got really angry. I realized that I was beginning to hate the women that I work with. I knew right then and there that I was never going to be liked and that there was always going to be someone from that two-face crowd that was going to try and bring me down. I was angry at them for what they put me through and also angry at myself for ‘letting the haters win’. I knew that as soon as Keira Fisher dropped that promo on me declaring that I was over and old news that the time to play nice had come and gone…”

Savannah just looked at me innocent and doe eyed as she didn’t know how to take what I was saying.

“I can’t say that all the pain from that summer is gone…” I said in more of a hushed voice, causing Savannah to raise her eyebrows.

“It’s been more than a year since you lost the title to Evie…” Savannah reminds me.

“When I lost that title, it was like my soul got sucked out of me…” I admitted to Savannah. “I felt like all of my hard work meant nothing and my pride was completely shattered. It felt like I really fucked up and proved the haters right. The pain and the heartbreak that I suffered from losing something I spent my whole life to attain so fucking soon was unbearable. I remember I cried myself to sleep for about three nights straight and then broke down after I faced my family. Dad dies and the situation worsens. Evie starts treating me like I’m nothing even worse than before. She constantly mocked me. Constantly LIED about me. She kept forcing narratives that were not true and the whole time I was suffocating trying to shut her up and prove her wrong. I lost sight of the mission, she pins me again and it felt like those narratives were true. Whatever was left of my spirit drowned on the cruise that night. It hurts to admit it, but a part of me is still picking up the pieces…”

“Andrea…” Savannah states in a concerned tone.

“That whole summer destroyed me…” I said, narrowing my eyes to exhibit some of the pain that was still inside of me that until now, I never fully addressed. “I wish it never happened. During that time, I was broken, destroyed, shattered, laughed at, picked on, buried into the ground… no good came out of that… none…”

“I wouldn’t say that, Andrea.”

“You’re young…” I reminded Savannah. “You don’t know what true pain in this world is yet. When someone shatters your dreams and you never, ever shut them up and prove them wrong, it is the worst feeling in the world. The way that locker room treated me during that summer is the reason why I treat them the way I do. They never treated me with respect, not a damn one of them.”

“You don’t have to stoop to their level, Andrea…” Savannah says, trying to reason with me. “Two wrongs don’t make a right. I understand that they put you through a lot of hell last summer, but it’s been more than a year now. I am not understanding why more than a year later, you are still carrying all of that anguish from last summer in your heart. You don’t need to. It’s not going to do you any good in the long run.”

“That Bombshells World title run is my cross to bear…” I admitted. “I see that reign and everything that happened afterward, and a piece of me, albeit decreasing, feels like such a failure of a wrestler… and even worse, knowing that you look up to me and all being my baby half-sister and everything, I feel like such a failure of a sister to you even though we hadn’t met yet. My god, I could never imagine how worse things would’ve been had I known you. I’d rather not…”

“I will tell you one thing, Andrea. You’re not a failure of a sister. I’ve never seen you as such.”

My eyes perked up in surprise, even more so when she leaned into me and rested her head near my shoulder in an affectionate manner.

“My mom always told me that you’re only a failure if you stop trying. I know you went through a bunch of horrible things last summer, but the thing that you have to remember is that you continued. You didn’t leave wrestling. You stayed. You’ve dealt with so much frustration for the last year and you’ve stuck around to continue the fight to realize the dream that you desire so much. How can I consider someone who hasn’t quit a failure? It wasn’t in a way that I would’ve liked but you did become so much better and so much stronger from it. I think you’re far more confident in yourself now than you ever were when you were the World Champion to begin with… or maybe it’s the psych nerd in me saying that, but still… you have hung in there and gotten stronger and better since then. That tape? I saw someone that was about to quit and that was completely destroyed. But you’ve come back from all that. Shouldn’t you give yourself more credit for being able to put it all back together and be better than ever instead of still feeling crushed and sad from last summer?”

For once, I could actually smile. It was definitely an odd, but good feeling to know that I had such a bright, young lady for a sister that was wise beyond her years. Still, there was some hesitation within me to be fully positive.

“Almost everyone on the Bombshells roster that went through what I did last year would’ve been entirely done with the company. You’re right. I have become better and stronger. I’m not a failure because I didn’t quit. I was about ready to that night and it was painful to see me break down like that. But, I haven’t since then, and I won’t. Thank you for the reminder, but it doesn’t erase the pain nor the embarrassment of that short world title reign. It’s that pain that I exhibited there just now that motivates me so much to be a champion again. It motivates me to be a BETTER champion WHEN I win the Internet Championship and shove it in the face of ALL the fucking haters that ever brought me down and mocked me last summer.”

“Does it HAVE to be about THAT?” Savannah asked with a sigh, showing her disapproval for this.

“Savannah, I’m sorry. But I can’t move fully past THAT pain that we both saw on that screen until I win a title in SCW again. Then and only then, will I ever feel like I’ve finally silenced them all.”

“Alright…” Savannah said with another sigh. “I’m going back to bed. I love you Andrea and I want you to remember that the important thing isn’t to ‘silence the haters’, it’s that you never gave up and kept fighting no matter how bad it got. It’s not a quality that was stuck to just the ‘OLD ANDREA’, that’s a quality you’ve always had in you…”

Savannah stood up and walked away from me as she headed back down the hallway to go back to bed. Meanwhile, I was left in the dark with a fresh new perspective on the horrific events I went through last summer. I wasn’t shaken by it whatsoever. If anything, I was feeling quite enlightened.

THE FOLLOWING IS A MESSAGE APPROVED BY ANDREA HERNANDEZ…

[STATIC]

Angelica Romero, my media correspondent, is standing in front of a backdrop that consists of a picture of the SCW Bombshells Internet Championship.

“This is Angelica Romero, the correspondent for the Andrea Hernandez campaign. There is no question that Andrea has surely had her haters, but at the same time, it’s not ALL hate! There are some people that TRULY want her to become the Bombshells Internet Champion because they KNOW wrestling and they KNOW that there needs to be a change. Andrea is the only one of the four remaining competitors that would represent freshness and a change from the status quo. But don’t take my word for it… she has supporters that feel the same way.

Cut to Angelica standing by Lorenzo, her boyfriend.

"What makes Andrea a phenomenal Bombshells Internet Champion?" Angelica asks.

“Andrea is HOT… in more ways than one! She is the only undefeated Bombshell in SCW this year that has wrestled three or more matches. The rest of the competition is a decrepit Mercedes Vargas and two old dogs they brought from the grave. Seriously.

Cut to Regina, her campaign intern

“ANDREA IS THE BEST BOMBSHELL IN SCW HISTORY! PERIOD! SHE IS THE FRESHEST FACE OF A DIVISION THAT SORELY NEEDS IT!

Cut to Lorenzo who is in a Peyton Manning Colts jersey… and begins to imitate his accent…

“She works hard. She’s a winner. She puts in the hard work to improve her craft. She works hard. She spends extra time studying and breaking down the film of her opponent. She works hard. Peyton Manning endorses Andrea for Internet Champion.”

Cut to Regina dressed in a business woman costume paired with glasses.

“Hi, my name is Jordyn Vazquez. I endorse Andrea for Internet Champion and she would make a phenomenal Internet Champion because she is incredibly gifted and doesn’t let anyone tell her no. Someone like that is an inspiration to young women like me.”

Cut back to Lorenzo dressed as a stereotypical soccer Mexican.

“VIVA LA RAZA! Andrea is the NEW Latina Legend, holmes! She represents our people in the BEST way! She gives hope to so many Mexicans that look up to her! VIVA ANDREA!”

Cut back to Regina in a blond wig and some balloons in her top.

“Hi! I’m Georgina Reg and I SO endorse Andrea because she is like SO FETCH and she is like SO HOT and she is like, the BEST! And she is like THE MEAN GIRL of SCW and like… YEAH! Andrea for ONLYFANS CHAMPION… I mean INTERNET CHAMPION!”

Cut back to Angelica asking Regina another question.

“Why does everyone hate Andrea so much?”

Regina, as herself, answers.

“They’re haters. Nothing but haters. They don’t know what a true SCW Bombshell looks like. This division isn’t about lame superheroes like Roxi and Keira or over the hill bitches like Jessie and Mercedes or ‘comeback kids’ hogging the spotlight like Bobbie and Dani. They all hate her ‘cause they ain’t her. Easy.”

Lorenzo, as himself, is the next to answer.

“The other Bombshells have hated her from day one because they have always been jealous of her. She is the only Bombshell that can say that she’s been the most consistent one over the last year. People hate Andrea because she doesn’t cave into their bullshit and she refuses to. They wish they could be her.”

Regina, as “Jordyn Vazquez” provides the next answer.

“The Sin City Wrestling locker room is a high school environment, especially the Bombshells. That locker room is full of catty morons who never grew up. Andrea is more mature than all of them combined and is the next legend in the division and they all hate her because they don’t want her to succeed.”

Up next is Lorenzo as “typical soccer Mexican guy” answering…

“Gringos don’t like it when we Mexicans succeed, chica. It’s that simple. She’s different so they hate her for it.’

Finally, Regina as “Georgina Reg” answers.

“Because the other Bombshells are like SO LAME! They are like, SO stuck in 2018… 2015… 2012… you name it! Everyone that’s tried to face Andrea and defeat her and like… shove their like… rhetoric against her and hate her has lost to her. No wonder they hate her. They’re like SO insecure in themselves and have to take it out on someone FLAWLESS like Andrea like… OMG! SO FETCH!”

Cut back to Angelica in front of the backdrop.

“Clearly, the campaign is heating up. Andrea has endured SO MUCH in the last year. She has taken so much scorn from the locker room. She has had to deal with their continued twisted lies, their continued, twisted slander, the constant, never ending efforts by her peers to slander her and she CONTINUES to win and she CONTINUES to fight. This Internet Championship tournament is by far an EXORCISM for ALL the hatred she’s gotten since she won the Bombshells World title. Look for Andrea to continue to exorcise her demons and shove it in the face of EVERYONE that has ever doubted her and those that support her? As you see? They are SUPER loyal and will stand by her no matter what the way a real friend and a fan should. This has been Angelica Romero with this special campaign report…

[STATIC]

August 27, 2021

Stagehands were setting up podiums on a makeshift stage while a banner saying “Internet CHampionship Debate: TONIGHT!” was in the background. I was beaming with joy as I was looking forward to my next shenanigan to promote my Internet Championship campaign. However, I was squealing with joy when I saw Regina, in a dark brunette wig and a sparkly, Vegas style gown, approach me.

“OH MY GOD!” I said to her as she came to me! “You look AMAZING! You are going to make a HELL of a Dani Weston! I am so glad that I have hired such a brilliant intern like you.”

“Don’t worry Andrea! I’m going to make you look as amazing as possible!” Regina said with a wink.

“You’ve got your lines rehearsed and everything right?”

“Of course.”

“Now, as far as Dani goes, the kind of woman I want you to portray is the way I see her. So, basically, I want you to make Dani Weston look like she is….”

“...REALLY?” I heard the annoyed voice of my former best friend Chelsea LeClair, who annoyingly was part of the SCU roster now, from behind. I looked at her and she looked quite embarrassed as she looked around the scene. “This is your next stunt, Andrea? Really?”

“REALLY? Who the FUCK invited you, Chelsea?”

“I should go…” Regina stated before she awkwardly bolted and left Chelsea and I alone on the debate stage.

“Why are you even here, Chelsea? Are you here to ruin my plans? I’m about to host a debate here in like a half an hour and I am going to DESTROY Dani Weston in it.”

“Destroy ‘Dani Weston’. Wow. So hiring someone to portray her and make her look bad is how low you’re stooping now?”

“Like YOU can talk, Miss former wannabe television star!  How dare you interrupt something that is going to be AMAZING! So you sign with SCU and now you come back to rub it in my face that we’re going to be wrestling under the same umbrella again? Is that it? Are you doing this to spite me?”

Chelsea lets out a sigh.

“No, that’s NOT it. So, me becoming an SCU is a motivation for it but… I didn’t come here to fight you. I didn’t come here to interrupt you and to be mean to you. I came here because I wanted to see if we could let bygones be bygones.”

“PFFFFT…” I began to laugh in her face at this point. “Am I being punked?”

Chelsea, having a sad look in her eyes, told me that I wasn’t.

“Wait, I don’t get it. Last I remember, when I was in the hospital after High Stakes, it was YOU that told me that you didn’t want anything to do with ‘this Andrea’. But now, nine months later, you’re here to let bygones be bygones? Are you serious?”

“I want to repair our friendship, Andrea…” Chelsea said with a sullen tone. “I miss it so much and deep down, while you won’t admit it, you miss it too.”

“I go to bed at night crying myself to sleep about our friendship, Chelsea…” I said with a sarcastic sigh. “I get it. You want nothing to do with the REAL Andrea, so you’re going to try and brainwash me into reviving OLD ANDREA, the weak little shit that you knew and loved? Pffft! Nope. Bye Chelsea!”

“What the hell has happened to you over the last year?” Chelsea asks rhetorically. “The Andrea that I grew up with never behaved this way. You were so sweet, innocent, kind, caring. You had amazing dreams of wanting to be the best wrestler you could be. You were a true gift and a true testament to this business. The WRESTLER that I knew was always willing to do what was right for the family tradition that she loved and now? What I see in front of me is someone who refuses to face her pain, face her fears and to embrace who she really is.”

“Okay KEIRA…” I said to her. “BYE!”

“I’m NOT leaving until you face what is making you this way!”

“BYE, CHELSEA!” I said with a snobbish tone.

“It was losing the Bombshells World title to Evie Jordan, wasn’t it?”

Chelsea just triggered a deep-seated anger within me that I was trying SO hard to hold back. My eyes narrowed with that anger and inside, I was truly seething.

“That’s what changed you…” Chelsea continued. “That’s what caused you to abandon the core of who you really are and to resort to all of these STUPID theatrics of yours to try to market yourself as a champion. You don’t need the “BITCH MUFFINS”, or the rallies with the piped in cheers, or those theatrical segments where you are acknowledging the things people say to you, or that stupid ‘special report’ where you had the only two friends you have left dressing up as supporters to make it look like you’re popular when you’re not. You don’t need to promote yourself with “DEBATES” and campaign commercials. The Andrea that I knew was above ALL of that, but ever since Evie beat you, you seem to just want to RUN AWAY and be something you’re not. Losing the title to her put you on this sad, self-loathing path, Andrea… and deep down? You know it…”

I merely scoffed at the notion.

“Why do you deny this, Andrea? That’s what holds you back. You don’t want to face your pain.

“Who said I was denying it? That moment triggered the summer of hell for me and then everything snowballed for the worse until I broke down and was SO CLOSE to quitting SCW. I own that because it’s true. That summer DID break me and I realized I couldn’t be sweet, nice and caring Andrea anymore. It’s CLEARLY worked for me since I’ve only lost ONCE since I stopped being that pushover bitch that everyone loved to hate so much. You’re fucking worthless to me, Chelsea so please get the fuck out of my face.”

“There was NOTHING wrong with the Andrea that I grew up with…” Chelsea pleaded. “Never. You just felt that way because you let a bunch of people that should’ve never defined you to begin with at the time get into your head. I know that what you went through was cruel and at times unfair, but that doesn’t give you an excuse to carry yourself the way you do.”

“Thank you for the DEBATE, Chelsea, and for providing me a warm up for my debate against ‘Dani’, but GOODBYE!”

“I’m not leaving…”

“BYYYYYYE!!!!!!”

“GOD DAMN IT ANDREA! I AM SO SICK OF SEEING YOU ACT THIS WAY! Now you are going to FUCKING LISTEN TO ME and until you do, I’m NEVER walking away!”

I was taken aback for a few moments by Chelsea’s sudden outburst and aggression as I saw some of the debate crowd start to file in.

“I’m tired of seeing you act so obnoxious, so self-absorbed, so two-faced. I’m tired of seeing you be exactly what you HATED when you came up in the business. I’m tired of seeing you suffer and hide behind who you truly are: my best friend with a heart of gold who would never, ever act like this and completely give up on who she is. Damn it Andrea…”

Some tears well up in her eyes, though she’s able to hold them back.

“I want my best friend who I’ve known since I was nine years old back…”

Chelsea’s emotional plea barely moved the needle in my heart. I rolled my eyes and while I was tempted to spit in her face, I didn’t.

“I find it hard to believe that YOU of all people would even LIKE “Old Andrea” so much. It’s ironic that you are standing up for the goody two shows that was ALL about the wrestling and being the best pure wrestler she could be when YOU were the one that grew up hating wrestling and wanting to use it as a springboard to a television career that never happened. You don’t get to talk to me about this subject Chelsea, because at one point, you LOATHED wrestling. You fell into your old drug problems because of wrestling.”

“That’s what I mean, Andrea…” Chelsea said as she was at full composure again. “Earlier in my career, I was obsessed with being better than you, remember?”

“Of course I do! Hypocrite!”

“I saw the success you were having, being a pure of heart wrestler, and I grew bitter, angry, jealous and all it did was destroy me. It drove me to those drugs, Andrea. I nearly self-destructed and fucked up my own career, as you remember. I’m not saying you’re going to become a drug addict or anything… but that bitterness? That anger? That pain? That can all come back and destroy you and wreck your career and I don’t want to see that happen to you because deep in your heart, through all of the hatred of the SCW Bombshells locker room that you carry in your soul, you love professional wrestling and you would never want to destroy yourself and find yourself out of the sport that you love.”

“Touching…” I said half-heartedly. “But I’m not you, Chelsea. I don’t self-destruct like you did. I am wrestling the best that I ever have in my career right now. I am two wins away from becoming SCW Bombshells Internet Champion. Such a thing can never, ever happen to me. Thank you for your concerns, Chelsea…. GOODBYE! I have nothing more to say to you. I have a debate to get ready for… granted, I just feel like I went through one with you… go ahead and join the fucking hate train that everyone else in SCW has joined.”

I could hear Chelsea sigh as I turned and began to walk away from her. I scoffed carrying so much conceit and arrogance in me, but Chelsea wasn’t done just yet.

“Andrea… since when the hell do you take so much stock in what other people have to say about you? I mean seriously… you weren’t like that until Evie…”

I paused my walk, then I turned around and flipped her the bird displaying that I was just about done with her. I turned and continued to walk away.

“You can’t run away from your pain forever Andrea… and when you decide to finally face it and when you decide that you need help… I WILL be there for you…”

I merely rolled my eyes and continued to walk away from her before I disappeared through the curtains on the debate stage. I glanced and saw Chelsea walk off the stage and into the audience. Turning back, I gave Angelica a nod, giving her a cue to appear on the debate stage and to get things started.

“Old Andrea this… old Andrea THAT…” I said, completely annoyed. “If they want her back so much, why don’t they just FUCK HER and get it over with?”

I was interrupted by the sound of applause. I glanced at some monitors and saw that some cameras were on. I smirked knowing that we were live across the SCW Universe and that my planned debate was about to begin.

“Good evening!” I heard Angelica say to the audience. “Welcome to the Internet Championship Debate! I’m Angelica Romero, your moderator. Tonight, two contenders for the title debate to make their case for why they would be the best Internet Champion for SCW and why their opponent would not. Please welcome our participants: Dani Weston and Andrea Hernandez!

I smiled among the applause as I walked out stage left while Regina, portraying Dani Weston, walked out stage right. We met at the middle of the stage and shook hands.

“How you doing, bitch?” I asked Regina.

“Pleasure to be here!” she said back.

At this point, we both walked to our podium.

“As determined by a coin toss, Dani gets the first question. Dani, how will you continue what Myra Rivers started with the SCW Bombshells Internet Championship?”

“Well Angie…” Regina said with an exaggerated scoff. “Let me change the question and correct you with all my conceitedness. I’m not continuing what Myra started. I’m overshadowing it. Because it’s about Dani Weston and Dani Weston’s legacy. But I’ll play along with your silly little question. The easiest way to continue what Myra started is to NOT be Andrea Hernandez…”

I merely scoffed at this.

“All Andrea Hernandez does is bitch, bitch and bitch some more.”

I let out an exaggerated sigh in a way that would make Al Gore proud.

“...she bitches about something when she’s really not talented enough for it. I mean, I’M the favorite! I said so on Twitter and I stand by it. Andrea just bitches with her embarrassing antics acting like she’s everything but she’s nothing more than Evie Jordan’s bitch and I am going to remind her in every other sentence how she lost to Evie Jordan over and over again because I have nothing better to talk about. I am going to tell her that her undefeated streak means nothing because she only wrestles once a month…”

“And you wrestle what? Like once a year, Dani?”

“SHUT UP! You only have the winning streak that you do because you haven’t beaten anyone!”

“Oh so Roxi Johnson, Keira Fisher, Sam Marlowe and Ruby Steele are nobodies, Dani?”

“You’re the same Andrea that runs her mouth and says stupid things and is the dumbest bitch in the whole company.”

Again, I let out an audible sigh.

“I am going to give you something to really bitch and cry about when I beat you on Sunday and everyone knows I will because I AM THE FAVORITE! You, Andrea, are NOT GOOD ENOUGH! So go find Evie Jordan and get owned by her again, will you?”

I just laughed at all of this as I began my rebuttal.

“I am going to start off by saying something that makes me absolutely SICK and that is praise Myra Rivers. Myra, for all the hard feelings between us, is someone that shows up for work every single week, does her thing and puts her heart and soul into this. You know who ELSE does that? I DO! But people like YOU Dani, and Bobbie, Keira and so many others, don’t see that because they just want to hate me. It’s been this way from day one. That’s how I can ‘continue what Myra started’ as the Internet Champion because like her, you WILL have a champion that will show up and give it her all week after week…”

“Because you SURE gave it your all in that battle royal last year that you half-assed to avoid Evie, ANDREA!”

“OLD news… yaaaawwwwwn. Like I was saying, you’ll get that with me. You’ll NEVER get that with Dani Weston and I am going to tell you why. Dani Weston has only wrestled TEN matches in the past THREE YEARS. Dani Weston has devolved into a wrestler that only shows up whenever SHE feels like it and that is one of the BIGGEST REASONS why it’s a crock of shit that Dani gets to come back and gets handed a title shot right out of the gate. Dani, all you have shown in the past three years is that you COAST upon your reputation. That’s all you do! You completely coast and it is SO OBVIOUS that the powers that be do the same thing. OH IT’S DANI WESTON! LET’S GIVE HER A TITLE SHOT! FUCK THAT! Dani, the last time you were relevant, you were the ENABLER of the Alicia Lukas reign of horrors that she had for a while because it was YOU that lost the title to her in the first place. All the haters came after ME last year for being the reason why the title was ‘in a rut’, but it was YOU that allowed this division to be ruled by a ruthless dictator, DANI!”

“At least I’ve BEATEN Alicia and you can’t say that…”

“And the one time you beat Alicia is the ONLY time you’ve beaten her, so don’t give me that shit! YOU are someone that walks around acting like the sweet and innocent girl, thinking that everyone loves you because you’re Dani Weston and you act like you care SO much about your fans. If you care about your fans so much, why have you only wrestled 10 times in the last three years? What’s MORE, Dani, is that the ONLY time you even come BACK is when there is a tangible reward at stake that you can come in and walk right into without having to earn it. After you got pinned the second time by Alicia, you fucked off and disappeared shortly after. You’re gone for a few months and then OMG, YOU’RE BACK… for the Blast from the Past tournament…”

“You DUCKED the tournament this year because you weren’t good enough and you knew it…”

“There you go again…” I said with an eyeroll. “YOU came back SPECIFICALLY for the Blast from the Past tournament so YOU could get a shortcut to getting ‘your’ world title back and it was a MASSIVE FLOP because Kate Steele PINNED YOU in round one! KATE “I have NEVER been a world champion” STEELE ELIMINATED YOU in ROUND ONE of that tournament. Shortly afterward, you disappear again and now you’re CONVENIENTLY BACK AGAIN for this tournament. Why do you ONLY come back when there is a tangible reward at stake? It’s SIMPLE! Because you’re DANI WESTON and inside, you have this horrifically MASSIVE EGO that you hide from your sheep SO WELL and in YOUR WORLD you don’t need to WORK for anything. I bust my ass for a WHOLE YEAR after I hit rock bottom to get this opportunity and I sit back and watch on the sidelines as lesser deserving Bombshells like Candy, Johanna, Sam Marlowe, Seleana Zdunich and Maki get an Internet title shot HANDED to them and I deal with ALL of the fucking hate on a day to day basis and I STILL bust my ass for an opportunity like this and for you to CONSTANTLY SHORTCUT YOUR WAY TO A TITLE SHOT without actually DOING ANYTHING makes me fucking SICK! I am so SICK of BITCHES like YOU waltzing right back into this division and being given an opportunity based on a reputation that was relevant in 2019 AT BEST and not because you’ve actually EARNED IT. You think you’re TOO GOOD to earn anything, Dani! You talk about ME not being good enough? If YOU were good enough, you would actually BE HERE 24/7/365 and you would come back to try to ADD to your reputation instead of coasting off of it and only showing up to take a free shortcut to a possible, tangible reward. But you don’t do that because you’re not good enough anymore…”

“That is PREPOSTEROUS! That is ridiculous! I AM THE FAVORITE! The Internet title division should revolve around ME! I AM GOOD ENOUGH GOD DAMN IT! I am DANI WESTON and EVERYONE LOVES ME!”

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” says much of the audience

“Doesn’t sound like it. So let me ask you this then, Evie. If you’re ‘good enough;, why did you disappear from SCW right after the 2019 Blast from the Past tournament and not show up again until the 2020 tourney? Because you KNEW that you weren’t good enough to be a world champion or in any way relevant. How do I know this? You wrestled in THREE matches… THREE… after your 2020 tourney elimination. You beat Bella which…. YAWN. Then you drew with Bobbie Dahl which is pathetic… but wait… there is ONE more match that PROVES that you KNOW in your heart that you truly aren’t good enough and that match…”

“Mercedes Vargas tossed you out of a battle royal! You have no say!”

“You lost to VIOLET AMELIA HOLT before you ran away again, YOUR OPINION IS INVALID!!!!!”

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH” goes the crowd and suddenly, Regina begins to simulate instant crying as she pushes out some tears and begins to shudder a bit.

“Deep down in your FUCKING EGO Dani, you KNOW you’re not good enough to hang around full time and actually EARN your shit around here because if you felt ANY different, you don’t fuck off and disappear after you LOSE to VIOLET AMELIA HOLT… VIOLET… AMELIA… HOLT… she who has won only FIVE MATCHES! FIVE! At least Mercedes is a Hall of Fame member, but VIOLET? HAHAHAHAHA! It’s SO HILARIOUS and SO CONVENIENT that in your little self-absorbed little egotistical spiel going into your match against Keira Fisher, you completely don’t mention that at ALL and don’t even bother addressing your disappearance or even saying WHY you disappear so freaking much.”

“Well…. I overcame the odds and I beat Keira so… that’s irrelevant.”

“I think what’s truly irrelevant is DANI WESTON ever since Alicia Lukas beat her ass for the World Championship. Tell me again why you deserve to be Internet Champion above me? The way I see it? I’m so 2021, you’re so two thousand and LATE-TEEN BITCH!”

Regina starts to dramatically tear up…

“By the way, your last major win over Alicia Lukas was in January 2019. WHY do you deserve to be in this tournament again? HOW are you even relevant anymore?”

“DADDDDDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!” Regina screams dramatically before letting out some fake, overbearing sobs. “DADDDDDDDYYYYYY! ANDREA IS BEING MEAN TO ME!!!!!!”

Regina begins to run off the stage covering her face to simulate crying!

“DADDDDDDDDYYYYY! SHE HURT ME!!!! WAAAAAAAAH”

Regina runs off the stage leaving me amused at my own podium.

“I think it’s clear who the debate winner is. Anyway, the point I REALLY just made right now is that Dani Weston comes back and everyone’s like OH MY GOD! SHE IS THE CLEAR FAVORITE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT! HOW? By losing to Violet Amelia Holt and fucking off until this tournament even became a thing? She wants to come in here acting all special and all relevant and like her name actually MEANS anything anymore but the fact of the matter is, when Alicia Lukas ended her world title reign, she ended her relevancy too. Poor DANI was so heartbroken that after she tried and tried to get that world title back from MEAN, BULLY, ALICIA and couldn’t do it she GAVE UP! She gave up, took her ball and went home… until the next opportunity to shortcut her way back to relevancy that is…

“I never knew when the right time would be…” you say. PFFFT! Bitch, you were just waiting for the next time something like a title would be up for grabs. For YOU, that’s the ‘right time’. ‘OH MY GOD! I’M A SWEETHEART! PINCH ME I’M DREAMING! IT’S AN HONOR TO FACE KEIRA! OH MY GOD! I’M THE UNDERDOG’... shut the fuck UP bitch! The EGO on you reeks SO BAD that not even the stench of Violet Amelia Holt’s career could overpower that. I mean seriously, you’ve got such a HUGE EGO that before this tournament is even OVER, you’re talking about wanting to win the Mixed tag Team titles. The fucking NERVE, seriously! I never ever thought I would say this about ANY opponent of mine, but the fact of the matter is, you remind me SO much of the OLD ANDREA: acting like she’s such a big sweetheart, saying all of these nice things about people only to cut them down later, acting like a VICTIM pretending that she’s an underdog in everything she does, acting SO HUMBLE but really being a thin skinned, egomaniacal BITCH that thinks she’s SO entitled to everything. And you have the NERVE to talk down to Keira Fisher like you’re ABOVE HER telling HER when her time is up? Bitch PLEASE, YOUR time has been up ever since Roxi pinned you in Round One of Blast from the Past… in 2019.

You talk about having everything ripped away from you, your dreams shattered, and endless nights of pain and how you don’t want to suffer anymore…

I FEEL THAT…

Because that was ME last year after the horrendous Evie Jordan saga and the summer of hell I went through because of the EMBARRASSMENT of having the world title taken from me so soon.

But the BIG difference between you and I? I STAYED! I didn’t run away and go home! I FOUGHT! I ENDURED! I GRINDED! I did EVERYTHING that I had to do to grow from ROCK FUCKING BOTTOM to be BETTER THAN EVER and I had to endure SO MUCH PAIN, SO MUCH ANGER, SO MUCH FRUSTRATION, SO MUCH HEARTBREAK just to get to THIS point and SOMEONE LIKE YOU DOESN’T GET TO PUT ME BACK IN THE FUCKING GUTTER! I stayed through the HARD TIMES, Dani! YOU DIDN’T! I didn’t give up when things got bad. YOU DID! I fought ANYONE they put in front of me to CONTINUE to prove my point and I STAYED with the ground. You? Only when it’s CONVENIENT right? Put yourself in MY shoes last summer.

You wouldn’t have made it. You ran away after a loss to freaking Violet which is FAR less painful than losing to Evie multiple times so I KNOW you would’ve quit after being eliminated in the battle royal by Mercedes Vargas. I’m FAR more passionate about this than you are and I know I AM the superior wrestler, I AM better than you but THE biggest reason why I am going to win?

It’s the fact that I am STRONGER than you! The HELL I’ve endured is what makes it so and what’s going to make me the SCW Bombshells Internet Champion! This Sunday? The EXORCISM CONTINUES!

I’m Andrea Hernandez and I approve this FUCKING MESSAGE!"

Some applause from the debate audience is heard as the instrumental number of “Love Me Or Hate Me” by Lady Sovereign hits. I walk off the stage full of passionate anger feeling extremely good about my chances  once the camera cuts out.