Author Topic: “Round Two, fight!”  (Read 656 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Round Two, fight!”
« on: August 27, 2021, 09:04:25 PM »
Caleb had advanced to the second round of the Internet Title Tournament pinning Cassian Reed in the Triple Threat that also featured Brayden Hilton! However, he could not rest just yet as Climax Control 310 was the Go Home Show for Violent Conduct VII and that meant that the second round was in full swing! Caleb’s second round opponent was also a man he had faced before, Miles Kasey had served as his co-challenger against Alex Jones at Into the Void X where Miles was submitted by Alex to allow him to retain the title, can Caleb advance?

Backstage at Climax Control 309, Portland, Oregon
Sunday the 22nd of August 2021. 18:00pm

Well, I’m through to the semi-finals, pity about the quality of my competition in round one though!

Seriously, Cassian Reed might be the biggest one hit wonder SCW has seen in a while (including Candy) and Brayden? He’s a spoiled brat who’s currently throwing his toys out of the pram on social media because he lost a match, he put no effort into.

But at least I know what I’m up to next week at Climax Control 310, as it’s the Go Home show for Violent Conduct VII the semi-finals are being held next week in Seattle with me taking on Miles Kasey and Bill Barnhart taking on Malachi in on the male side and Dani Weston taking on either Andrea Hernandez or Jessie Salco and either Mercedes Vargas or Johanna Krieger taking on Bobbie Dahl for the women’s side, on the women’s side of things I see at least two PPV worthy matches, on the men’s side of things?

Either I have “Old Fart” Bill Barnhart again or Malachi who has just returned and beat The Troll to get this far, my Labrador could beat The Troll for crying out loud!

“So, Caleb.” Katie broke my concentration and I glanced up at my wife. “The Bush Cricket may have the weirdest size testicles in the animal kingdom, huh?”

“I had the video going through my mind at the time, and it’s not like I could’ve said anything new about Cassian or Brayden either.” I pointed out and Katie raised an eyebrow at me in response. “For one thing, that would’ve required them to speak about my match against them at all.”

“True, but you could’ve literally said anything else from that video!” Katie responded as my lovely wife folded her arms with a huff. “The video was about weird facts about the testicles for crying out loud, you could’ve said anything about THAT part of the male anatomy…….” Katie trailed off as she realized what she was saying. “And I just realized that there’s literally no way you could’ve said that without it sounding like sexual harassment!”

“Just be glad I wasn’t watched the “Weird Facts about the Female Body” vid on the way over instead, now THAT would’ve gotten weird!” I responded and Katie quickly nodded in agreement before I passed her the card. “I know who my opponent in the Semi-Finals is anyway.”

“Miles Kasey, first you face Cassian and now him.” Katie commented with a nod as she leaned back. “And between that and Bill Barnhart being in the other male qualifier, it seems you’re facing everyone you faced during the lead up too and at Into the Void X during this cycle, including Alex!”

“That would require Bill to pick up the win over Malachi though and he’s no pushover.” I pointed out before leaning back. “The one I feel most sorry for though? Bella Madison, look at who she’s facing in the opener.” I added and Katie looked at the card again.

“Ouch, Tempest?! And here I thought Mark was giving her easy opponents to make the match between her and Krystal an inevitability.” Katie winced as she looked at the card. “Krystal’s on commentary, do you think she’d try to run interference?”

“Knowing her, she’ll make the offer and either Makayla or Bella or both will talk her out of it.” I responded with a shrug and Katie nodded in agreement. “Knowing how proud Bella is, I think she’d skip the pleasantries and outright demand that Krystal doesn’t interfere.”

“Sounds likely to me.” Katie nodded in agreement before checking the time on her phone. “Come on, by my clock Mercedes vs. Johanna should be starting soon, personally? My money’s on Johanna winning.”

“I’d say that’s a safe bet, given Mercedes’s recent track record when it comes to title matches or opportunities to earn said title matches.” I nodded in agreement before I followed Katie to the cafeteria to watch the match.

Local café, Seattle, Washington
Friday the 27th of August 2021, 18:00pm

Turns out that wasn’t as safe a bet as we thought since Mercedes advanced to the Semi-Finals and all, but now that the semi-finals were set I had one thing on my mind and that was ensuring that I would advance to the finals at Violent Conduct VII, the other thing? Why the current Bombshell Roulette Champion was looking so miserable at a nearby table.

“Every time I think I’m doing the right thing I end up shooting myself in the fucking foot instead!” Krystal grumbled to herself as she looked over the menu. “Fuckling typical, how am I supposed to concentrate on my defence against Bella with that hanging over my head?!”

“Krys, you know what they say about those who speak to themselves?” I asked the Australian Bombshell and Krystal glanced up at me from her menu. “That it’s a sure sign of insanity and all?”

“Not in the fucking mood Caleb!” Krystal snapped at me before quickly shaking her head. “Never mind, your only connection to the Go Gym is that your wife trains there and I shouldn’t be mad at you, speaking off, did Katie mention anything about seeing me yesterday?”

“She did over our Skype call yeah, and she mentioned that you went straight to Gabriel’s office and left in a mood that was sourer than you arrived in.” I responded and Krystal nodded before motioning for me to join her at her table. “Where’s Makayla anyway?”

“Back at the hotel, she knew that I needed some space to cool down.” Krystal explained before noticing the look I was giving her. “We’re not having relationship problems before you ask, she just knows that I need my space when I’m in a bad mood and that meeting with Gabriel yesterday has left me in a worse mood then I was in during my losing streak.”

“Is this about those tweets you made about Bella’s third gauntlet match?” I asked and Krystal’s glare gave me the answer I needed. “I don’t see what the big deal is, you wanted to ensure that your title match against Bella finally happened.”

“I was only speaking hypothetically, but once Christian started putting words into my mouth things spiralled out of control.” Krystal responded as she shook her head. “I wasn’t going to go through with that idea anyway, even before Bella told me not to interfere but off course, Tempest had to go complain to Gabriel that I was planning to cost a fellow Go Gym Graduate a match and before I knew it, I was being called down to Vegas for a long conversation with both Gabriel and Odette.”

“Ouch.” I winced as it dawned on me. “How did that end?”

“How do you think? Tempest left as soon as I arrived at the Go Gym for training the other day and whilst I did get Gabriel to see it from my side of things eventually, I got read the riot act first by not only Gabriel but Odette as well.” Krystal added before she ran a hand through her hair. “And trust me, it hurts to get chewed out by the woman who was your inspiration for getting into wrestling in the first place! Hopefully I can put that passed me come Violent Conduct VII!”

“You think Bella can beat Tempest without your help?” I asked and Krystal shrugged.

“On paper? Tempest will spend most of the match tossing Bella around like a ragdoll before pinning her, but in practice, me and Bella have wanted this title rematch since Mercedes interfered in our first match.” Krystal responded before a waitress, initially confusing us for a couple before recognising us from SCW, came over to take our orders. “And I don’t think Bella’s going to go down as easily as Tempest will like, if at all!” Krystal added once the waitress had our orders and trying to lighten her mood, we shifted the topic away from Tempest.

Caleb’s hotel room, Seattle, Washington
Friday the 27th of August 2021, 21:46pm

*promo time*

One round down.

“The first round is done and dusted and more importantly, I’ve moved onto round two! However, whilst in round one I faced a guy from my initial pursuit of the Roulette Title and a momma’s boy to a former World Bombshell Champ in round two, I’m facing another guy from that initial pursuit of the Roulette Title only this time? We’re facing off in contention for different gold and there’s no third man in the match to complicate things! That’s right Miles Kasey, we have unfinished business to resolve!”

This will be good.

“What unfinished business? Let me take you on a trip back in time, namely to Into the Void X! In the Triple Threat Roulette Title Match between us and Alex Jones, you were submitted by Alex allowing him to retain the gold! Now whilst I went on to challenge him for the title twice more in the months that followed that match, I feel like I would’ve had a real chance of walking out of Into the Void X a two time Roulette Champion if you weren’t in the match!”

But I digress!

“However, you have your own reasons for wanting to succeed in this tournament don’t you Miles? Because the last time you challenged for the Internet Title, the match got ruined by The Troll! Now granted Mr. Wank has ruined pretty much everything since he debuted in SCW just by being on the roster, but you have yet to win your first title in SCW and this is your best chance at doing that and avenging that last loss, pity for you that I’m standing in your way, isn’t it Miles?”

Such is life!

“Look Miles? You’re a good guy and all and I can see why most of the men and women on the roster can’t go five minutes without drooling over you but in the ring, nice guys finish last, and this Sunday at Climax Control not only will our unfinished business from that previous match get resolved but I will stamp my spot in the finals of the Internet Title Tournament and go on to face Bill or Malachi in the finals!”

But at the end of the day.

“This isn’t about being nice guys and it sure as hell isn’t about having a nice body! I mean hell, I don’t really have an athlete’s body and I’ve done well for myself in SCW, just look at the titles I’ve won! But here’s the thing Miles, I’ve got my eyes on winning a new title and I started this year by becoming a two time Internet Champion, it’s only right that I end it by winning the Internet Title for a third time, I just have to get past you first!”

And I will.

“Am I setting my sights a bit high? Maybe but I know I can achieve those goals, after all, thanks to the events of Summer XXXTreme IX and the post Summer XXXTreme IX Climax Control it is guaranteed that they’ll be not one but two new Internet Champions for both divisions and I intend to be one of them once the final bell rings for Violent Conduct VII’s Main Event, who will the other Internet Champion be? I don’t know but after looking at who’s left in the women’s tournament, I’d say that title is in good hands!”

It’s that simple.

“Miles, you are a hell of a wrestler but you’re also a perpetual underachiever in SCW, and unfortunately for you this trend won’t end this Sunday at Climax Control! I will commend you for getting this far into the tournament and getting past Alex Rush, but this isn’t a Pretty In Pink Tuxedo Match and I’m not Alex Rush! Now granted, me and Alex have a few things in common and Katie reckons that I’d look good in pink, but can you beat me in a straight up fight?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“We're into round two and as the announcer in Mortal Kombat would say, round two, fight! And as you can see Miles, I’m already looking straight past you and at the finals of this tournament where I’ll face either Malachi or Bill Barnhart! I’ll cross either of those bridges when I get to them but until then Miles, we have unfinished business to resolve in that ring and I’ll be resolving it this Sunday because you had better brace yourself Miles because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your next Internet Champion!”

I started listening to some music as the scene fades.
user posted image