Author Topic: Endeavor XXX  (Read 717 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XXX
« on: August 20, 2021, 09:55:30 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 15 al 22 de agusto de 2021

This month has been, for lack of a better term, hell. Bad enough that my GRIME World Nightmare Championship was ended by Amy Santino of all people at Supernova, or that I was so close yet so far in winning the Mayhem Survival match. I have to live with that fact that Bella Madison beat me at Summer XXXtreme. I have to live with the fact that she submitted me on that cruise ship for the rest of my career. Doesn't matter what the stipulation was, she is going to be crowing about, holding that win over her head for months, even years to come.

But the cherry on top? The one thing that I can't admit, can't accept, and can't get over is what happened at Climax Control 309. It was supposed to be MY night of redemption, my chance at claiming my place in the winner's circle and if I couldn't win the Bombshell Roulette Championship, then I sure wasn't going to let Bella win it. As far as Krystal goes, she can say all she wants about how she outsmarted me, that's all window dressing. But deep down? Deep down Krystal knows, just like Bella knows, just like every woman in the division knows, that I can win that Bombshell Roulette Championship - or any championship - any time I damn well please.

People seem to forget that I have a long memory, an evil streak, and a lot of patience. It's been awhile since I last held a championship in Sin City Wrestling, but I'm not too concerned. If you didn’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you’ve lost, you know? Since my fourth Bombshell Roulette Championship reign came to an end in the Ultimate X Over the Pool at Summer XXXtreme two years ago, I've been content in life. Maybe it's because I'm not clogging up the world title scene or trying to shoehorn my way into whatever title I think might look good around my waist. You know what the problem is? I've been going too easy in my age, I've been too lenient, too soft. I give an inch, they take a mile. I give them a little shine, they take the spotlight. I've put over other people, they convince themselves that they're really that good.

All that needs to change, and it will, starting this Sunday. 

Today I’d like to talk about respect. The respect that is owed to the only 13-time champ, the respect of her fans, and the respect waiting to be spent on new merchandise. And so with all due respect, where, oh, where, is my merchandise? Where is my name on the marquee, the high-profile matches that I so richly deserve? Is this match Sunday supposed to be reparation, because this is long overdue.

I can hear it now. ‘Here's comes Mercedes in another match she didn't earn or deserve. She shouldn't be in the co-main event much less competing in this tournament. She's stealing somebody else's opportunity.' Unless, of course, wrestler who used to be pretty good is supposed to mean something, then one look at the competition and you have to question how some of these names got chosen.
Dani and Bobbie haven't been seen in months, Seleana was never good in the first place, Keira only seems to think she's good, and Jessie is beyond help. Clearly, I thought this tournament was a chance for us competing for golden opportunities that will make everyone's career even better but that's apparently not the case.

Or how about this one: 'Mercedes should stay down in Sin City Underground. She's already done it all in Sin City Wrestling, and then some.’ So because I’ve main evented so many Climax Control and pay-per-views I’m not supposed to want to do it again? You think Simone Biles or Serena Williams or Tom Brady doesn’t want to be the G.O.A.T. anymore? You think I'm not supposed to take this opportunity in making history and continue my legacy? No one seemed to complain when Goth showed up recently or when J2H beat Teddy Warren for the Internet Championship last year and or the fact he arrived at Summer XXXtreme, won an impromptu match, and then collected a hearty paycheck. If J2H was active I doubt I'd hear, ‘You’re one of the greatest of all time. Do you want more?’

And you know something? I used to care. I used to wonder what the hell do I have to calm the masses. I used to tear my hair out wondering why people couldn't understand that I want to get better instead of me trying to be selfish. If that was the case, I'd go online and look up 2014 Jessie Salco or any year Christina Rose for inspiration. Not everyone has to love me. Not everyone has to know who I am. But one thing for sure and two things are for certain: I've earned everything in my career and there's not a damn one of you who can say otherwise.

Like I said, I used to care. Now? Now, I couldn't care less. I couldn't care less what Amy Santino has to say about me staying around in SCU and her delusions of grandeur thinking I'm only there to dominate the title scene over there because she feels threatened by me, as she should. I couldn't care less what Krystal or Bella has to say about suggesting I should retire because I'm past my prime, and even if I was, it doesn't change the fact that neither of them can force me to retire. I couldn't care less if anybody in the Bombshells Division want to think about my opportunity of adding one more championship to my trophy case, that I already left my mark and I want to add one more for the record books. If they want to prevent that, they know what to do.

Stop me.

Win at all cost.

Do whatever you have to to prevent me from having my hand raised as a 14-time champion in SCW and a future two-time Bombshell Internet Champion.

The thing is, they can't. They can try, and I expect them to, but they can't. Everything is clearly in my favor. You think whoever is left in this tournament intimidates me? I've been in more SCW matches than any woman not named Jessie Salco. 

I'm certainly not afraid of Johanna Krieger because she has designs on wanting another singles title run. There is a reason why the Bombshell Internet Championship is sought after in the women's division - and why the very few who has won it more than once have cemented themselves in the women's division.

This Sunday, I have a chance to take the next step and earn the opportunity to claim a championship I haven't held in five years.

The Bombshell Internet Championship is the only championship Wolfslair hasn't held and it wouldn't be me if I didn't deny Jojo from her opportunity to accomplish her mission just like I did to Bella three weeks ago preventing her from winning the Bombshell Roulette Championship.

Johanna failed in her opportunity at the Bombshell Internet Championship when Myra held it. If it was a challenger who would make Myra run for her life in the Bombshells Division, chances are we would be seeing a new champion sooner - but that didn't happen. Nobody asked me, but does anyone else think Johanna has become an afterthought since GRIME Masked Purple ended her second Bombshell Roulette title reign?

She's been spinning her wheels, keeping her head above water until this opportunity came along and maybe that's all you could really ask from her because for someone who is a member of one of the most successful stables in Wolfslair, a two-time former Bombshell Roulette Champion and one-time World Mixed Tag Team Champion, Johanna's probably the least talked about. Sure Austin and Alex grab the headlines, Alicia is already a bonafide star in her own right, Milo continues getting noticed. But Johanna? It's like she's been demoted to extra. Me sorprende. It blows my mind.

Johanna and I already met once, but that was a triple threat back in September last year, this time she gets me one-on-one, and if she thinks her training is going to help her prepare for what's she's in for Sunday, she's going to be in for a rude awakening. There will be no blinders over my eyes this time, because my eyes are going to be wide open for everything Johanna is going to throw my way. And I welcome her, no I dare her to keep looking my way, I dare her and to stand in my way. I'll beat her so bad, her tattoos are going to feel it, and I won't even so much as ruin my lip gloss.

I may not be the Bombshell Internet Champion, I may not be the world champion or any champion, but I am the gatekeeper of the entire Bombshells Division. Anyone who disagrees with me can take a number, get in line, and end up on my checklist. 

Whether you like it or not, I'm here, and I'll always be here.

Deal with it.

~~~

Flashback - April 2009, Los Angeles, California

Un Sueño - Faded Glory

[[As someone coming to Los Angeles for the first time, I seriously needed directions. Now if I heard it right, when I hop off the plane at LAX and hop in the cab and look to my right I should see the Hollywood sign.

As it turns out, LAX isn’t really near Hollywood. Thanks a lot Miley Cyrus!

Nonetheless, the sweeping views of the entire city from California's historic landmark is worth the drive.  I needed the distraction after my tag match last night. Although my side won, naturally.]]

"You look tired."

"Thanks."

It's early morning. Mercedes' friends  meet up with her outside of a diner. They're one of the early crowd. Ricardo is dividing his time between talking to Mercedes and jotting down sometime on a legal pad. Irma checks her watch for what seemed like the fifth time. Tomas is digesting the sports page of the morning's Los Angeles Times.

.::RICARDO::..
Didn't get enough sleep last night?

.::MERCEDES::..
I must not have if I look as bad as you say.

I didn't say that, I just said you looked tired.

Mercedes looks out of the window.

I couldn't sleep.

.::TOMAS::..
Was it that dream again, the one about Carmen Sandiego and Waldo getting married and you had to figure out where their wedding might be?

Mercedes quickly turned back and offers Tomas a strange look.

What?

You enjoying LA? Things are a lot different than what you're used up North.

It's fine, I guess. I love the fresh air. I'm using my car a lot more often than I care to admit. You know, the traffic is twice as bad as New York, but I think I'll manage. And the restaurants aren't that bad.

.::IRMA::..
You couldn't find someplace a little more noisy, Richie?

Ricardo shrugs. He’s not exactly open to accusations, but whatever.

I asked...

Don't look at me. It was Tomas' idea to come here.

Well, sorry if I didn't want to go someplace else. Besides, where else are you going to find a diner open at 7AM with free WiFi?

Mercedes looks around the greasy spoon. Some of the locals were texting away on cellphones. She turns back at Irma, shrugging her shoulders and as if to say, "he's got a point".

The waitress behind the bar comes over. Ricardo looks up, abandoning his writing for the moment.

.::WAITRESS::..
You guys ready?

Four hot caramel macchiatos. Extra expresso.

So was this dream about anyway, Mercedes?

It's a little crazy. I doubt you want to hear it.

Try me. 

Well, it's like every Disney movie I've ever watched is suddenly a telenovela. Remember that scene from Snow White when the Evil Queen was talking to the mirror?

I hate telenovelas.

So do I. Too over-the-top and there's more commercials than the the telenovela itself, and that's what I hate most. Anyway, every Disney movie I've ever watched is suddenly a telenovela. Sleeping Beauty. Telenovela. The Little Mermaid. Telenovela. Pocohantas.

Telenovela?

That's it! My God, Merce. You're a genius. My next script will be telenovelas based on Disney movies!

He throws down his pen and legal pad in excitement. The waitress arrives with their coffees.

.::WAITRESS::..
Four hot caramel macchiatos. Anything to eat? 

I'll have a large piece of cheesecake! 

This is your morning. This is your morning after you drink coffee. Any questions?

Look at all that productivity…

~~~

L O S A N G E L E S, C A L I F O R N I A

REC]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

Scene opens on Mercedes as the cameras are warming up. We see the Argentine sat at the Micheltorena Stairs, a recognizable landmark right across the street from Alfred Coffee and Micheltorena Elementary School here in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Silver Lake. A climb of some 190 stairs, it's enough for anyone to squeeze in some cardio, but it's also a work of art that also stands out. The SCW Hall of Famer and Grand Slam Champion was one part contemplative, one part somber and reflective in light of recent events as she peers into the camera, her hair in curls and wearing a jacket covered her sleeveless black shirt, overlapping blue skinny jeans, resting upon just the back of her high heels.

"You know, they say you should never ask a woman her weight. But, uh, I'll make an exception here. As you can no doubt see, I've lost a few pounds over the past few months."

Mercedes makes a title belt motion around her waist.

"And while that be a good thing literally, this makes me a sad panda. All is not lost, though. Well, the World Nightmare Championship is - which is now a hardcore championship with a new name now: the GRIME Championship - but this Sunday, I'm taking the first steps to getting back championship gold around this waist again, and all I have to do is survive this tournament until Violent Conduct. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it0, especially with the competition who is still alive in the tournament. Dani and Bobbie did what they had to to get to the next round, not that they lost any sleep over Keira and Seleana anyway. Andrea can literally say she's moving on too. If Jessie were to beat her Sunday, I'll hand in my resignation the instant Climax Control ends.

She pauses, brushes a few strands of hair from her face. Despite herself, Mercedes has a coy, almost snobbish expression.

"In any event, I guess I should be trying to focus on this weekend, shouldn't I? I mean, I don't always get put in tournaments as much as I used to, but when I do, it's usually important. All that stands in my way in moving on to the last four is The Agent of Mayhem, Johanna Krieger. No doubt a tall task, but then again, I'd be scared too if I had only two wins on the year. Now last year, Johanna had a great first year in SCW, that can't be argued. She won three championships alone that year, won a lot, and the losses she did have I could count on one hand. Point is, it's only natural that she would regress in Year Two given how tough the women's division is and will continue to be over time. I'm surprised she's still here given how it seems like she's falling down the card, but that's neither here or there.

"Johanna is another one of those people who, on paper, should definitely beat me. I don’t stand a snowball's chance in hell when I’m face to face with her. On paper, I should never have even made it to this tournament in the first place. Hell, on paper, I should have packed it in and called 2020 my last year in SCW. But here I am, still here like my job is on the line and getting to travel and all while there's a pandemic going on. I like the feeling of defying all odds and making it farther than anyone has ever thought I would. Johanna isn't gonna be an exception to that. Now, she may be younger and quicker. I may be a little bit older than her, but I'm definitely smarter and wiser than her. What that means for Johanna is that for the first time ever, she's in a match where she's not the favorite and in two days, she's about to face her toughest test and the women's division's greatest nightmare."

Mercedes does a little showing off,  striking a pose.

"It's been awhile since we've last seen each other Johanna and I'm sure you're just as much looking forward to Sunday as much as I am. When you learned that this match became official, I'm willing to bet you ran home, told all your Wolfslair friends on media sociale, and had done your due diligence by already proclaiming that since you already beat me once, lightning is about to strike twice, and that’s fine. I hope your weather forecast are better than your matches. You should know better how fast the weather can change.

"Anyway, let's get this back to where it should be. I know what Johanna brings to the table. She is determined, I'll give her that, but determination isn't going to stop me from doing what I'm going to do. A few months back at Into the Void, I injured Bella Madison, ruined any chance she had to compete in the Queen for a Day match, I practically handed Krystal a win over her a few weeks back. Now imagine what's going to happen when I rip away your golden opportunity at your second singles championship? You took away my chance at becoming the Bombshell Roulette number one contender so I'm going to take away something from you, Johanna. And what's better than winning the Bombshell Internet Championship and knowing that you were a stepping stone on my way to greatness?"

Mercedes laces her fingers together, dropping them below her chin while adding a small chuckle. Well maybe before seeing Johanna's tears, Mercedes would at least pose with the title first. Never let it be said that Mercedes wasn't all that selfish. In fact, if there was anything she loved more, it was putting herself before others.

"You know, they say time heals all wounds, but I'm not so sure about this one. Climax Control 280 back in September is a memory that's going to last a long time, probably forever. But don't you think I'm going to forget, Johanna. Oh no, that's where you're wrong. I will not forget, not when we get in that ring Sunday night. And I'm going to make sure you remember it, too."

She breaks away from the camera and looks on reflectively.

"I get it, sure, it's easy to forget what I've done when the wins have dried up, but trust me when I say I didn't suddenly stop being The Champion of Champions just because my win-loss record isn't so hot. It doesn't take away from the fact that I am the most decorated wrestler to have ever stepped foot inside of a SCW six-sided ring, bar none. I took it easy half of last year and still managed to do more than the rest of the division.

"This tournament could really define who you are, Johanna. Here is your next chance, and maybe your last chance, to prove whether you deserve to be here. You have to outlast everyone and be the better woman that you claim to be. The start of the year left a lot to be desired and you're probably wondering if it was ever enough. 2021 is almost over and these next four months will be the difference between this being the best year of your career or just another year of your career. It's completely up to you, but I can help speed up that decision."

Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them.

"For what it's worth, the first half of the year may be over, but that doesn't mean it's over for me. I'm going to show why I'm far from over, why I'm far from done in Sin City Wrestling. Sunday is where I pick up the pieces and come back fiercer, hungrier and stronger than ever before. And if you think that won’t happen, well you better just watch me.

"We'll find out a lot of things come Sunday. You get to step in the ring with this porteña, with this Latina, and you're going to have yourself a long night ahead of you. So Johanna, you want me? You got me. Do your worst. As a matter of fact, do your best, too. If you plan on beating me, I'm going to make you earn it. But hey, even if you fail, don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s not the end of the world and at least you tried, right? That’s what matters.

"Soy un icono. Soy una leyenda. Soy revolucionaria. Soy el estandarte. Soy la unica mujar de la dinastía."
"I am an icon. I am a legend. I am revolutionary. I am the standard. I am the one-woman dynasty.

"At Climax Control, I'm reigniting that fire and focusing all my energy on you Johanna because it's about time you get the step up in competition you deserve. I'm willing to risk it all. I'm willing to put my cards on the table. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to put you down for three or put you to sleep. It's up to you, mírame. I'm not too picky."

She manages a deadpan expression, then drops it as she quickly snaps her fingers.

"As for you fans, I wouldn't want you to miss your chance to see yours truly make history, so get in your car, hop on the bus, the train, a bike, whatever. Get to Portland, get to the Gershwin Center, get in the building, and watch me put on a great match. Please?"

With a pleading look in her eyes, she clasps her hands together to drive the point home.

"Johanna, don't come looking for me, I'll be waiting for you."

She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."

***Fade***
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 09:57:33 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)