Author Topic: Give Me Your Best Shot  (Read 944 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Give Me Your Best Shot
« on: August 13, 2021, 11:54:32 PM »
You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me

The email: “You want a one on one match? Run the gauntlet.”

She almost threw her phone as hard as she could into the closest brick wall because of...well, war flashbacks. Back when her and Malachi teamed up last year, the Mixed Tag Division was thin, to say the least and then suddenly out of the woodwork came all these other teams and what should have been a cakewalk, turned into a 3-ring circus, along with Mal’s temper almost getting them both fired. Instead they both buckled down, shutting up the naysayers and got their tag team match that didn’t involve anyone else but them and Wolfslair.

But it was supposed to be different, she was doing everything right. She beat Mercy and that should have cleared her path.

But there was a 3-way match, where she never got pinned or submitted to anyone, she watched Mercy get her comeuppance AGAIN.

“We feel as if, while you certainly are in contention for the Roulette Championship, that perhaps you should truly earn it.”

Thus this Gauntlet Challenge that has been laid before her. And for a moment, she felt like that spoiled little bitch from Willy Wonka. Even the Roulette Champion questioned it in a public forum. Calling it ‘Unfair’ and honestly, she was right. BUT! As much as it got to her, she did love a good challenge. 3 matches....win them all and that one on one shot is yours.

Bring it the fuck on.” she says to herself as she chucks a throwing axe down the path that leads to a wooden target in the basement level of the three story building that her and Malachi call home. It hits with the thud of a perfect throw as the blaring beats of the SiriusXM Octane station blare about as loud as possible without her ears bleeding. Since the construction has been completed, it looks a lot more put together than the last time we were in here and Mal considered fight or flight. It even has a big stuffed target currently rolled off to the side, for those moments she can’t get out to her parents house for an archery sesh.

Bella tosses her last axe and it hits the target but on the back end, and it bounces off the board and hits the floor with a clang. “Dammit....

Trying something new, aren’t ya?” a female voice rings through the music just loud enough to catch her attention. Bella turns around to see the other member of her unholy trinity friendship, Mattie Cormier leaning against a supporting beam with a big smile on her face.

A huge smile crosses Bella’s face as she drops her axes on the table and jaunts over to her friend to give her a hug, “HEY!

Music is a little loud!” she yells, pointing to her ears.

WHAT? OH!” and before anything else can be said, she touches her watch and the music immediately stops. “What brings you by?

Mattie walks around her and looks around at the area, “Well, I was hoping to talk to you about the baby shower for Alanah, we might have to reconsider the location since she’s on permanent bed rest til the babies are born.

That brings a sigh from Bella, it has been weighing on her on top of everything else going on. Malachi’s baby sister, her and Mattie’s best friend, the other third of the Unholy Trinity, Alanah, very pregnant with Jack’s twins, “I know. We really should have planned this out a lot sooner for both her and Aunt Cam.

What about a post baby shower?” Mattie says picking up one of the axes off the table and weighing it in her hand. She looks at Bella for a moment and nods towards the target and Bella gives her the silent ‘Be my guest’.

Rubbing the back of her neck, she looks sheepishly, “I gave that a thought too....

And?” Mattie tosses the axe and it hits spitting the wood just below the bullseye.

Bella stands in shock for a moment, before looking at her friend, “...I almost had to find a new caterer.

Mattie turns and gives Bella that look, “You didn’t.

Bella growls a bit, picking up the 2nd axe and takes to the line, “NO! But the woman I had on the phone when discussing said problem said that there is no way for us to change the date and basically threatened to completely cancel it all together.” she throws the axe and it lands right next to Matties, “So no matter what, it’s happening on the 21st in which I will be flying out directly following the party cause this whole thing with SCW is going to have me going 3 weeks straight.

Oh come on! They wouldn’t give you next week off?

Sadly no. It’s alright, it’s not the first time that I have had to work under a time crunch.

They both know this, they both pick up the next couple of axes, “So...location.

Well obviously we’re gonna have to take over the house.

Obviously,” Mattie says with a laugh, tossing it landing just north of the bulleys, “So we thinking we’re gonna do the whole surprise we just set up when she takes her nap?

That’s probably the best. I’ll try and keep Jack’s ADHD in check long enough to work out the details, we’ll sneak in and boom, baby shower.” Bella tosses her axe, and it smoothly splits the wood, just to the left of her last shot.

Well, it’s not perfect but definitely better than what I had in mind.

That being?

Putting her bed on wheels and wheeling her to the building.

That would have been amazing, but too Lane babyshower-esque ala Gilmore Girls, but one of my favorite scenes.

I try.” Mattie says with a little curtsy, “So what’s got you down here chucking your axes around?

Oh just working off some stress with a good workout. You got your break room, I got a gym with my own archery-slash-axe toss range...

Because it just brings the room together.

Hey, I could just not bring you the wood for your next project.

Never can have enough of the Bella Stress pieces.

Exactly, though I see you’re getting to be a good shot yourself. Mack giving you pointers?

Mattie shrugs, “To say the least. You sure you’re okay though?

I....I feel like what you would be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis.

Mattie thinks for a moment, “I hate when you do this...

But tell me I’m wrong? Tell me that I shouldn’t feel perpetually screwed by this whole deal!” Bella says grabbing an axe from under the table, “Because right now, it feels like I have no control over any of this, except to just keep winning over and over. Mercy knew she was gonna screw me, so I’m going to shut her up and I’m gonna shut Bea up and all these naysayers up.

How?

By beating whomever the hell they put in front of me and then taking that Roulette Championship once and for all! I’ll start with that spoiled rotten little princess, Apple Coren and I will knock every single one of them down til there is nothing left but Krystal Wolfe and I don’t give a shit WHO I GOTTA GO THROUGH TO DO IT!” Bella yells and one hand tosses the axe without even looking. It hits with such veracity it makes a sound that catches both their attentions. They look down and both see that it has buried itself....Dead Center.

Bullseye.