Author Topic: BELLA MADISON v MERCEDES VARGAS - BLINDFOLD MATCH  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
BELLA MADISON v MERCEDES VARGAS - BLINDFOLD MATCH
« on: July 05, 2021, 01:45:22 PM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Re: BELLA MADISON v MERCEDES VARGAS - BLINDFOLD MATCH
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 11:56:21 PM »
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

She could see him clear as day, Malachi standing there with a smirk on his face as he quoted verbatim, one of her favorite quotes from Alice in Wonderland back in 2019. She was reading it when he greeted her in the hotel in London. It’s still to this day on her shelf and goes with her everywhere.

Impossible Things
Las Vegas
Saxon Hotel
Following Climax Control

She sat there on the edge of the bed. Legs crossed in front of her, smirking. “The Queen screams for my head.”

Mal reaches down and pulls the book from her hands, “Awfully proud of yourself, love.”

“Yeaaaaah, that was really fun. The camera didn’t show it but you could see her swallow as soon as I told her what the match was going to be. I felt almost vindicated, watching her squirm.” her voice almost has a venomous tone as Mal looks at her, “What?”

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say I’ve been a horrible influence on you.”

“Look, I know I sound a bit on the dark side of the force right now...”

“God, you are such a nerd.”

“Hot nerd and don’t you forget it,” she says with a raise of her brown and a swish of her hair, he just laughs, “But when you are literally THAT close to getting something and have it snapped away because suddenly someone thinks that you are unworthy and are too highstrung and just flat out are not worthy and take YOU out at that knees? She’s lucky I didn’t canoe her head in with a Louisville Slugger, wrapped in barbed wire and lit on fucking fire....AND YOU KNOW I WOULD HAVE DONE IT CAUSE YOU MET MY MOM AND SHE HAS DONE IT!”

“H’oaky, no more caffeine for you after shows.”

“I am riding high here babe. I am going to go onto that boat this year, I’m going to put Mercy in her place and take that throne right out from under her,” she says as she has an almost giddy outward appearance as she paces the room, “I feel...motivated, I feel vindicated and...”

Without much issue Mal has her up on his shoulder, carrying her to the bathroom.

“I’m up in the air! Babe??”

“Even the smallest of victories deserve a reward...besides I have a feeling if I don’t get you in the shower, I’m not getting sleep at all, even with all the bloody fireworks going on outside.”

She looks down and with a big swing, slaps his jeans clad backside, “We really need to get you back into a ring. You have way too much pent up aggression, Caveman.”

“Working on it.”

Suddenly both their phones go off which causes him to stop and put her down. “HEY!”

He kisses the tip of her nose as she pouts, “Could be mum if we’re both getting text. 2 seconds.” he says reaching his phone. Looking at it, his face drops.

“Mal? Everything ok?” she looks at him with a bit of worry. Walking over, she grabs at his arm, “Do I need to call and get the plane going?”

“No, it’s not her. ....what was that you were saying about me getting back in the ring again?” he said showing the message he just received.

Bella’s eyes grow big at the sight of the message.

“Oh motherfu-”

UnHappy Birthday
New York, NY
Madison Estate
The next day

Home. Home has been interesting. Getting back the next day, getting dropped off at her parents house with a promise he’d be back later. That was odd.

Mal found out that before they got to board the Sun Princess Cruise, her husband would stand across the ring from her step-slash-adoptive-father. He didn’t tell her the real reason but she knew he didn’t want her to deal with the pressure of it all right now. She had enough on her plate and besides, her mom deserved to celebrate with her oldest.

Inside, the drinks flowed with the girls. Nick took her little brother, Aaron, out to a movie. But after a while, it just felt crowded.

Hours had passed, it was getting dark, the lights outback came on and she just found herself sitting in the chair poolside. Listening to the waterfall running that was connected next to to large slide on the deep side. Her parents did alright for themselves.

They were Hall of Famers. They were multi-time champs.

Why were they so different from Mercedes?

She’d grown up around it all, she knew how to bump before she hit puberty. No one even suspected that her and Jack would sneak into Levi’s school and goof around on the mat almost every other day.

What the hell did she do wrong to Vargas?

“There you are.”

Bella turned and looked up at her mom, Laura ‘Phoenix’ Madison. But in Bella’s eyes, she looks exactly like the White Queen. “There’s my champion.”

Bella blinks a few times, shaking her head as her mom shifts back into her normal everyday wear. “Hey, sorry, just needed to get out of there for a few. Was hoping to see that Mal called but...”

“Oh, not even a text?”

“Nah, it’s alright though. He probably got caught up with his mom or something.” she said, dropping a quick text on her phone.

“Things alright? Between the two of you?”

“Yeah, we’re fine. He just got thrown off a bit on that announcement yesterday.”

“Oh I’m sure. I was too and I’m the one that had to post it.” she sits down next to her daughter, “Speaking of, things have been quiet lately....”

“Yeah, a little too quiet. I’ll be back with ya’ll soon. I’ll be at the show next week and then...”

“Summer Xxxtreme”

“Yeah, I tell ya what, I absolutely felt like I channeled you yesterday. I got a message from a few others that said it felt the same. Even Candy came up to me and said that at one point I sounded just like you.”

“Compliments?”

“I sure as hell hope so. At least for their sake.”

“Just don’t put too much pressure on yourself, kid. Even the most brilliant of minds go mad from the pressure.”

“Don’t worry about me, mom. Considering I’m the daughter of a woman that made split personalities an art form and a man that is a pyro....I consider myself blessed.”

“Trusting your instincts?”

“It’s all that I’m going to have in this match. Trusting 5 of my 6 senses....it’s almost like going through the fog of Underland, blind and only really trusting my gut.” she looks at her mom who just smiles, “Stop.”

“What?”

“You’re giving me that look.” Bella laughs, “I know, I keep seeing it in everything. The Red Queen, demanding her spot. Threatened by the 50 foot tall, blond girl. One thing that is missing is the blue dress, black shoes and a creepy ass disappearing cat with a huge smile.” She looks up and sees the waning quarter moon, looking just like the Cheshire Cat smile....”Then again...”

“Bella, look, I-”

A voice clears itself from behind, as they turn and see Malachi standing there with two cups in his hand. “Sorry, I didn’t want to disturb you ladies talking.”

“Hey Mal! Was wondering if we’d see you.”

“Laura, happy belated birthday.”

“Thank you, son.”

Mal almost cringes a bit, “Sorry, still getting used to that. Anyway, I...I brought tea. Your favorite if I remember correctly. Peach Black...with Peach boba?”

“Oh! Well, thank you! I’ll switch to this since the girls are all finishing off that bottle of pink zinf. One of should be sober.” Laura walks over and grabs the one cup, “Thank you, Malachi. I’m going to head in. I think she’s tired from the flight so why don’t you get her home.”

Bella smirks, and walks over and grabs the tea from her husband, “Safely as always.”

Laura smiles at them both, “Goodnight.”

And then there were two, “Sorry, I- I didn’t know if your dad would...”

“He’s not.”

“Oh, well if anything it’s a girls night.” he looks at her, “I’ll make it up to ya.”

“How?”

“Maria’s? Order on the way back into town, we’ll pick it up and have a tea-taco party on the roof?”

“Under the Cheshire Cat smile? Like my own Mad Hatter tea party, only thing missing would be the mouse and the rabbit.”

“Well I can’t promise that but how about a crazy husky that will be firmly up our asses?”

“Deal.”

In The Eye of the Storm
Manhattan, New York
O’Connell Home
4 days later

In the humble abode of the O’Connell manor, lived a girl with a wild imagination. She often gave herself good advice, though she rarely followed it.

She loved books, she loved to daydream.

And she knew the world was completely bonkers, but nothing was impossible.

She stood on the roof, as she watched what was now Tropical Storm Elsa, swirl around the city. Malachi called her insane but she just had to be there, to feel the wind. It wasn’t raining at the moment, but the thunder rolled. It wasn’t her first giant storm, and sure as hell wouldn’t be her last.

“You feel that, Mercy?” she said. “That is the winds changing, every constantly swirling and they are all coming in my direction. One must learn to adjust and change course when the winds do that but some people choose to fight against them. They battle blind, thinking that they can overpower the sheer force of the storm.”

“It’s almost as if the entire world is telling you something and yet you refuse to see it. SO FINE, I took away your sight. It’s something you can’t taste, so that’s out....the smell of the old and the new is there but you choose to ignore that too. We all know you love to talk, but the problem is you feel that you have to always be right. So we know you won’t listen either. So what does that leave?”
She inhales, and feels the storm shift ever so slightly, so she moves to the right, “The true form of rare, bare instincts. That feeling of something when it creeps up your spine when you are scared, that flight or fight, that moment where you can feel every nerve stand on edge....you used to have it. You wouldn’t be who you are if you didn’t, but I feel like you don’t trust those instincts anymore.”

The storms shifts again, her eyes closed she steps back, “You wouldn’t have attacked me if you did because I am not like other girls. They all know it. Mark, Christian...the fans know that I am something that should not exist. I am the impossible. I can’t explain it and I don’t have the time to do it because I rather take this adventure with you first. Your first blindfold match....and mine.”

“I’m willing to go dirty, to scrape my knees for the adventure. I’m willing to let go and trust every sense I have on the Sun Princess....” Bella bows and looks up, her blue eyes blazing, “But I think, your majesty, the real question is....can you weather the storm that you now face. After all, you started it. ....I’m just finishing it.”

“Lewis Carroll said it best, “Take care of the sense and the sounds will take care of themselves.”.”

And just as a loud roar comes overhead, Bella steps into the stairwell as the skies open up. “And adjust course, only when you think you need too.”

The door creeks closed with a thud, as the storm beats down upon the city.

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 11:11:55 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 11 al 18 de julio de 2021

You know what I should be doing this weekend? You know what should be grabbing my attention right now, what should be of importance?

Summer XXXtreme.

Oh, you thought I was about to talk about Argentina winning the Copa America or about England's meltdown against Italy in the Euros, didn't you? Since, you know, that's all I seem to talk about these days, right?

Believe it or not, I'm just as serious about Summer XXXtreme than I am about football matches, as prestigious as these tournaments are, but let's get this where it should be.

Competing in one match in Sin City Wrestling is tough. Having two is damn near impossible. Add the fact that you're on pay-per-view and that makes it more difficult. Yet, that's exactly what happened with me at the Supernova event when I defended my World Nightmare Championship against GRIME Rainbow before later on competing in the 30-person Mayhem Survival match. The kicker is after that match, only one company stayed in business - either SCU or GRIME. Aside from the fact that I could be the first two-time Mayhem Survival winner and as the champion of the GRIME brand, I could be the reason why GRIME sticks around longer in Sin City Underground should I win.

Well, you all saw what happened this past Saturday night so I'll spare you the details.

Story of my life.

Well, it's no better than Bella Madison's, that's for sure. See, unlike her, I didn't come from a wrestling family. I wasn't privileged to sit in the crowd and watch my mom perform in front of bingo halls, armories, and high school gymnasiums, slugged it out on the indies, and then finally got their shot at the big time. I'm not the daughter of a wrestling legend. At one point in my life, no one showed me the ropes or gave me advice to get my foot in the door in professional wrestling. I wasn't born into this nor was I a diehard fan growing up. I didn't get any of that. I didn't dream of success. I worked for it. I had to start from the very very ground up in my career and in Sin City Wrestling and work my way to becoming the most decorated talent of all time. Find anyone else alive who does what I do as well as I do it as often as I do it. You can’t.

When you’re just starting out and trying to make your name like I did, you don’t have that luxury. Believe me, I've had to overcome some tough odds to get to where I am today and if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Even when I first came to Sin City Wrestling, I already had an impressive resume behind me, but never did I think that I was too good for the roster. I was told that I wasn't going to amount to much and I was past my prime. When I look back at my career and everything I've accomplished in my eight years here, it really makes me wonder. I'm the only 12-time champion in SCW history. Well, 13 if you count my GRIME World Championship reign. The funny thing about that is, I won every one of my titles after the age of 30. Isn't that crazy?

It's justified this five-feet-seven, one hundred twenty-five pound Latina was more fit for the runways then for mixing it up inside a twenty-by-twenty ring.

Seems like I've done pretty well for myself these past eight years. Hard work is its own reward and success is the sweetest revenge.

The women's division is so deep, regardless of who you face. You really have to show up now. There's no longer matches that are going to a sure thing.

My career in Sin City Wrestling is almost beyond comparison, easily, easily, one of the most incredible in this company's history. That can't be argued. At this point in my career, I'm beyond proving myself. I've proven that with my career, I've proven that with my numerous accomplishments and rewriting the history books, I've proven that with the people I've beaten, I've proven that with my longevity, I've proven that by main eventing Climax Control and pay-per-views. Maybe I'm not the competitor I once was, maybe I'm past my prime, maybe I'm on the mend, but I'm still better than most of the division. I'm still a nightmare to anyone put in front of me and I'm still good enough and smart enough to compete at a very high level.

Facing Bella this Sunday at Summer XXXtreme would be a piece of cake. If this was a boxing match, I'm pretty sure I'd be ahead on points, but this isn't a boxing match. I could say I would beat this conceited princess up and down the Sun Princess. I could say I would love nothing more than to slap the taste out of her mouth, too. That would be an enjoyable for almost everyone I’m sure. I wish I could use whatever generic threats to get inside her head, but I know I already live there rent free. I could tell her that I am going to end her career on Sunday, but I'd be a fool. None of that matters in a Blindfold match.

I bet Bella thought she was real cute putting us in this match. To hear her tell it, this match is mostly my fault. If only I had been on my best behavior and left her alone, maybe she would have got to compete in the Queen for a Day match. It’s not like she's been hoping, wishing, and praying to get that special opportunity. She would have a better chance hitting the Powerball than winning that match, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

Expect the unexpected. There's no way I can prepare for Sunday. No getting over, under, around or through it. And to think I'm wrestling in both SCW and GRIME where expecting the unexpected is the norm. Bella said it best and I think anyone with a half a brain would agree that this Blindfold match will come down to a little bit of luck and a whole lot of instinct. At the sake of us both looking foolish out there, not to mention putting ourselves in very real danger, only one of us is walking off that cruise ship with their hand raised. Bella and I are two very proud, very charismatic, very competitive women who don't back down from anyone.

I'm facing the oncoming storm this Sunday, which is fine. Because that's exactly what I plan to do. Face it. I've lived through the Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Mad Cow, Measels, H1N1, Zika, Ebola, Y2K, Trump's presidency, Covid, Nickelback, and Justin Bieber. There isn't a single thing some little girl from New York City can think or say to me that makes me fear her. The thing about storms is the more you encounter them, the better prepared you are for them.

Bella isn't the only seasoned vet around here. I've been in wars before, against bigger, scarier and better opponents, and here she is not even a year in acting like this match is just going to be a foregone conclusion. For all her skills and her experience and the macaroni drawings on her fridge right now from her years and years and years touring the independent circuit, there's nothing she can ever do to get on my level. Whether she beats me or I beat her, the fact remains that there's two types of people in life: those that pay attention and those that command it as regularly as I do. The difference between us couldn't be clear: she's been merely good while I've been typically great. For there to be a winner there must be a loser. Someone is going to be a loser on Sunday, and it's going to Bella.

Voices will be heard. Names will be taken. History will be made.

And the world gets to watch it all as another brilliant plan blows up in her face.

~~~

O N T H E S U N P R I N C E S S

REC]

The cameras are warming up. Mercedes Vargas watches the sunset on the balcony deck of the Sun Princess on its cruising destination. The time for bombast, it seems, will come in less than 48 hours. For the moment, though, something else was clearly on the mind of Mercedes as the pensive look was a tell-tale sign. Wearing a vintage Mean Girls t-shirt, the SCW Hall of Famer stops halfway, tossing her hair back.

"Saturday, July 10. Supernova. That night was my sixth World Nightmare Championship title defense. It was also my last, and I lost. And that's dangerous. You want to know why that's dangerous? Let me tell you why that's dangerous. It's dangerous because it made me more pissed off then I already am."

For a moment she bites her lower lip, now completely at a loss for words. Another second or two passes before Mercedes slightly raises her head as if she was ready to speak again. The viewers were getting here was pure, unadulterated emotion. She raises an index finger in a wait a minute gesture.

"But maybe it's for the best. I am who I am. I am who I was before the gold and I'll be that same person when I lose them, too. I wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing holding me back now, no distractions. I'm as laser focused as ever because now I get to have some fun now. The day is here, the time has come. Summer XXXtreme is around the corner and guess who's back at it again?"

Mercedes points at herself

"That's right, yours truly. Did you seriously think the ninth Summer XXXtreme event wouldn't include the most decorated champion in history?"

Mercedes pauses, raising an eyebrow then shakes her head in mock pity.

"Summer is heating up, the parties have started and chances are you heard about this year's host. Yes, all in good fun.

"Championships, I've won those, many times. Tournaments, won those too. Mayhem Survival, been there, done that, and got the ring to prove it."

Mercedes shows off her Mayhem Survival commemorative ring from the first event four years ago.

"But none of that matters Sunday because, apparently, I'm about to meet my maker, and God is a woman. Karma is finally coming to me in the form of New York's finest, Bella Madison. Little Miss Five Feet of Sassy really has it out for me and this time she's going to get her revenge at Summer XXXtreme. I hope she does, but if she doesn't, it's going to be a cold day in hell before she ever gets her hands on me again."

Mercedes' smile faded as she briefly places her arms akimbo, a look of wishful thought in her gaze.

"Bella, you must be forgetting who you’re talking to. You can’t fool me the same way you fool those fickle fans, and you damn sure can’t talk down to me like you do everyone else in the women's division. There's a standard here mírame, and you don't even come close. Not even close. You don’t get to threaten me. You don’t get to talk shit and simply walk away. Every action leads to reaction. And that’s the way it works. I started this, and, in time, I’m going to end it, because I like to finish what I started.

Mercedes divides her attention between her filing and the camera.

"You want to play games, little girl? Fine, we'll play. Two can play at this game, but there's going to be one winner, and that's me. Doesn't matter what the stipulation is because it will end the same way: with me standing over your lifeless body.

"After what happened at Supernova, you, Bella, are going to have to pay the price. You can't say that I'm not generous because I'm giving you a fair warning. Matter of fact, don't take it as a warning, don't take it as a threat, don't even take it as a joke. Take it as your future. And your future, well, your immediate future, begins Sunday."

Mercedes smiles, running her fingers through her hair, then begins speaking Spanish.

"Yo soy mejor de todos los tiempos y ninguno de vosotros puede decir otra cosa. Soy el récord-rompe, rompe-suelos, historia-hacer, sendero-candente, toma de nombre, derrota de leyenda, la mayoría de los ganadores #CampeóndeCampeones.
I am the greatest of all time and none of you can say any different. I'm the record-breaking, ground-breaking, history-making, trail-blazing, name-taking, legend-beating, most winning #ChampionofChampions."

The arrogant grin never leaves her face as she lowers her voice to a whisper.

"The gloves are off, the war paint is on, and the checklist is always at hand. Wether you like it or not, I'm walking into Summer XXXtreme on a mission. Some may call it mission impossible, but a mission nonetheless and I plan on walking out with a win. Because in the land of the blind, the one-eyed woman is queen.

"Mucho antes de que lo supieras, y mucho después recordarás.
Long before you knew, and long after you'll remember.

"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. And may the odds be ever in your favor.

"See you Sunday."

With that, the scene fades on Mercedes' confident smirk before she offers a heart gesture with her hands before breaking it in two.

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 11:57:20 PM »
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

Aboard the Sun Princess
Lido Deck of the Sun Princess

Per typical of the last 3 years, it seems like they never get a chance to spend the whole time aboard this beautiful ship. Always gotta rush and catch it, but they got there, went right to their room and since then has just been enjoying the time away from what just happened in New York. Mal having to take on Nick, weighed on them both for a bit but now she leans on the railing, looking out over the horizon.

Wondering what awaits you, Alice?

You’re gonna have to run twice as fast if you want to get someplace else.

Now this, this is life.

Bella looks at her husband, lounging about on the deck chair, sunglasses on his face, looking relaxed with a drink in his hand and she can’t help but laugh at him.

What?

She sighs and sits down on the chair next to him, “Just... 3 years ago, you brought me on the very same ship as you were getting set to work on that Summer Xxxtreme and I was just here, hanging out with everyone. I even went and got you those 2 bottles of Jose after the show. Remember?

Sliding his glasses to the top of his head, those beautiful blue eyes shining bright, “That I do. One of my favorite pictures that I ever took of you was from literally at the front of this ship.

Hell, it was just last year alone we came here looking to shock the world. Mind you we didn’t leave the dock but I gained my first ever gold in SCW with you. I miss doing that.” you can hear the sadness in her voice.

Hey Bells...” he said, reaching out.

She just shrugs and stands up and goes back to the railing, “I’m just sayin’, I know you wanted to step back and let me shine for a bit, but I do miss Sass n Bash.

Mal sets his empty glass down and pulls himself up from his seat and steps behind her and places his arms on both sides of her, “Hey, maybe someday but I want to see you have that center stage like the Goddamn star you are.

Bella turns with a glare on her face, “If Mercedes lets me.

And that’s why you are where you are.

Still feel like I’m going in blind.” Mal just lifts an eyebrow, “You know what I mean.

Don’t tell me you are having second thoughts.

Bella laughs almost bitterly, separating herself from Mal, “No! Hell no, in fact I’m sorta enjoying that whole knowing that I got her in something that she has never done in her Hall of Fame career. Mind you, I still feel like I’m the new girl looking into the big girls’ club and she is denying me entry because for some strange reason I don’t walk straight enough for her.

Either way, you will get through that glass ceiling and I pity the next woman that steps up.

Bella almost growls, annoyed a bit, “I don’t wanna think about that now. I gotta be concerned about Sunday!

Mal just sighs cause he’s become used to this version of his wife, the one that throws herself into things so deep, it makes the rabbit hole in her favorite book seem shallow, “I know that. But you are so wound up that if you don’t relax, you may send yourself over the edge before you even get there!

Maybe that’s what I need though. They’re not going to take me seriously, until I take me seriously.” she says throwing her arms out.

You are one of the most serious people I know.

And with that she drops her hands and looks at him deadpan, “And yet I’m still the little girl chasing the white rabbit.” She turns around and begins to walk away.

Where are you going?

Turning around quickly, she simply says, “Tequila Run.

Mal just sighs, plopping back down into the deck chair. “Better be the good stuff.

Watch this madness, colorful charade[/color]
Room of Mirrors

No one can be just like me any way.

Bella finds herself standing in the center of a room where one of the walls is lined with mirrors. Straightening herself, she glances over her shoulder.

It’s rather odd, I never thought I’d ever have someone attempt to question how much I have learned, let alone how I learn. But here we are.” Slowly stepping across the room, heading towards the mirrors, she stops herself short from touching them, “Mercedes took it upon herself to knock me out of a potential title opportunity a while ago, simply because she could. She told me she had a lot to teach me and here I am, still awaiting my lesson. Instead, I taught her that she should NEVER underestimate someone that doesn’t wait for the universe to tell her how to color. But I don’t see the world like everyone else.

The visual aspect of what we do, the colors, the flash, the pomp and circumstance of it all....it doesn’t mean a lick of anything when you can’t even garner the respect of the people that are supposed to be your peers.

I could stand here, just like this, I could tell myself over and over again in this mirror that I am better than a lot of people think. But that’s all that it is, me talking to myself in a mirror. INSTEAD, what I’m doing is I’m not going to sit here and wait for my lesson that Mercy. I’m not going to let someone dictate how I should act, how I should stand...if I should speak the 3 other languages that I know fluently to you. I’m not like YOU, Mercy.

I’m not out to burn out in 2 more years. I know the road I have in front of me is long and most of the obstacles that I have dealt with are my own fault. I also know that if I’m going to make my mark, I need to take this whole damn thing that YOU STARTED, and flip the whole fucking thing upside down.” She inches closer to the mirror, her smile growing almost dark, “I refuse to bow to anyone who tells me that they quote-know-unquote that they are better than me, because I’ve learned just sitting back and watching that when people say that, they are completely full of shit. You have had multiple opportunities to show everyone. But to take away your sight, in a business that you should know front and back, in a ring that you should know every millimeter of.....I’m going to show you exactly what you didn’t know.

She touches the mirror and it’s almost like she touched water as the ripples waver through all of the mirrors.

Don’t believe everything you’ve seen, Vargas. After all, during this, you’ll be completely in the dark.

When the mirror settles she is gone, and only her book remains in the center of the room.

Off with her head.