Author Topic: ALEX JONES v CALEB STORMS v TBD - ULTIMATE X ROULETTE TITLE  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
"It's a Mystery!"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 08:35:30 PM »
It was that time of year again, Summer XXXTReme IX was on the horizon and Caleb was one of three competitors challenging Alex Jones for the Roulette Championship, only problem? The third man was being decided on the show! The night’s opener was a last minute qualifier between Agostino Romano and Shane Borderland with the winner joining Caleb and Alex in the Roulette Championship Match! Can Caleb pick up the win despite this set-back?

Backstage at Climax Control 305, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 4th of July 2021, 16:00pm

Happy Independence Day or “scare the shit out of your pets” day as me and Katie have come to call it!

With the week off, I haven’t had much to do aside from train and get ready for the Ultimate X Match in two weeks’ time at Summer XXXTreme IX, Lemmy is being looked after by our neighbours because we were worried about how he’d react to the fireworks whilst we weren’t there to support him (and it helped that they had children who loved our doggo from a pervious meeting with him) but there was one other thing on my mind.

Who was the third man in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match? We knew in advance that Krystal’s challengers were Maki and Bea Barnhart but, in the weeks, leading up to Summer XXXTreme IX there’s only been one qualifier for the men’s Ultimate X Match and that was my qualifier against “Mr. Lose A Lot of Matches” Lincoln Daniels and I figured that they had to announce it soon! Hell, I thought the Golden Ticket Matches would be qualifiers for their respective division’s Roulette Title Matches.

And since Seleana and Miles are facing Tempest and Austin James Mercer instead, I bet they wish that that were the case.

“Yes! Get her Krystal!” Katie cheered as we watched Krystal attack Bea in retaliation for Bea stealing the Roulette Title the previous week, however Katie’s demeaner dropped when Krystal spat in Bea’s face after knocking her out with the title. “Gabriel’s not going to be happy about that.”

“Didn’t you say something about that?” I asked as I leaned back in my chair, and we watched Krystal return backstage with her title. “Back when you started training at the Go Gym?”

“Yeah, one of the first things Gabriel taught us was about discipline and respecting your opposition unless they made it personal.” Katie nodded as she folded her arms. “And most importantly, never spit in your opponent’s face, which Krystal just did! And yeah, I know this wasn’t a match or anything, but Krystal just threw that out the window.” Katie added before letting out a deep breath.

“I don’t know Katie because you know how hard I’ve worked to get my hands on a title again.” I responded and Katie turned to me. “I’m not sure what I’d do if I were in Krystal’s shoes after finally winning another title.”

“Yeah, I don’t blame her, to work that hard to win the title only to have it stolen from you after the first defence? I’d be pissed too! But she’ll have some explaining to do when she starts her training for the match at the Go Gym tomorrow.” Katie nodded in agreement as her frown deepened. “I think Gabriel will be more interested in making sure that she doesn’t go too far off the deep end as her reign continues, speaking off, any news on your title match at the PPV?”

“That’s part of the reason I envy Krystal, beyond her being a champ I mean.” I responded as I leaned back in my chair. “She’s known about her opponents for the past two weeks and just had her first defence against one of them, me? As far as I know, Alex Jones is my opponent and if that’s the case, why not just make it a straight up one on one Roulette Title Match and make the men’s Ultimate X March a number one contender’s match or something.”

“Whilst, personally, I’d laugh my ass off if that was how The Troll got into the Summer XXXTreme IX Card, I don’t think that’s the case either.” Katie responded as she shook her head before a stage hand gave me the card for Summer XXXTreme IX. “They’ve made it clear that the two Ultimate X Matches will be for the Roulette Titles.”

“Well, I just got the Summer XXXTreme IX card so this should give us some answers.” I responded as I shook my head before reading the card and groaning as I read the opening match. “Well, that both explains a lot and complicates things! The opening match of the card is a last minute qualifier for the men’s match between Agostino Romano and Shane Borderland, standard rules before you ask but otherwise? I won’t know who my third opponent is exactly until the show starts.”

“Yeah, and I’ll bet good money that Alex isn’t happen about this either for the same reason!” Katie nodded in agreement before I handed her the card. “At least they had the good sense to not put the Men’s Roulette Title Match right after that qualifier, otherwise the winner of that match would be an easy elimination for you and Alex.”

“Agreed, instead Krystal’s title match is following that one.” I nodded in agreement before Katie went over the rest of the card. “That just leaves one problem, how do I approach the match come promo time?”

“I’m sure that’s something Alex is trying to figure out as well.” Katie nodded in agreement before an idea popped into her head. “Treat it as a Fatal Four Way Ultimate X Over the Pool Match.”

“You mean like address Agostino and Shane like they were my opponents?” I asked and Katie nodded as I started to get the idea. “Could work, though I should probably make it clear that I’m treating them as such first.”

“Good idea.” Katie responded before she stood up. “Come on, let’s find Krystal and show her the card.”

“And confront her about spitting in Bea’s face?” I asked and Katie shook her head as I stood up to follow her.

“I’ll leave that to Gabriel, let her have her moment and all.” Katie responded before we walked off.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 7th of July 2021, 18:00pm

It’s been a crazy week so far.

With the Supercard just two weeks away every Go Gym Graduate who is competing on the card is busy training for their matches and I’d probably be with them if my offer to train wasn’t just for the Fenris rematch, instead I’ve been training at a smaller wrestling school ran by a friend of ours in the area and that’s when I wasn’t playing with Lemmy.

Right now, though? I’m doing something a bit different.

“Okay, “How to Make Italian Meatballs like an Italian” video is a go.” I commented as I propped up the iPhone on the kitchen table and looked over my ingredients, Katie was coming over with Krystal, Adrienne, Caitlin and Makayla so I figured I may as well try something different to surprise the ladies, and naturally Lemmy was watching on intently, I followed the instructions as closely as I could even though I was missing some ingredients.

“Caleb, we’re home!” Katie called out after about an hour and Lemmy raced off to the door to greet us. “Something smells good!”

“I could joke and say that I’m trying a new aftershave.” I called back to her as I continued to cook away. “But I’m trying to learn how to make Italian style meatballs.”

“You should’ve waited for us Caleb.” Makayla commented as she walked into the kitchen alongside the other women and Lemmy. “I may not have gotten much use out of it, but I am a former culinary student and I’ve learned a few things from the Greek side of my family.”

“If you think you can help by all means but I am following this YouTube video from Vincenzo’s Plate.” I responded as I started to make the meatballs. “Most of it was spent making the tomato sauce.”

“That sounds about right.” Makayla commented as she lifted the lid on the sauce pan to check the sauce. “Have you been following the recipe closely?”

“As close as I can, recipe calls for veal, but we don’t have that so I’m just using pork.” I responded as I started to cook the meatballs. “That sauce has been on the stove the longest because the video said to start it first.”

“He obviously knows what he’s doing then because you need time for the sauce’s flavours to develop.” Makayla responded before getting a spoon out and trying it. “I think it could use some salt.”

“Let me try.” Krystal responded before she tasted the sauce herself., “Definitely needs more salt, and I’m not saying that because I’m Makayla’s girlfriend, just so we’re clear.”

“The salt is in the cupboard right above Makayla’s head.” I responded as I kept a close eye on the shallow frying meatballs. “I’d grab it, but I just handled raw meat.”

“Yeah, I got it.” Krystal responded as she reached up and grabbed the salt. “So, you fancy yourself as something of a cook huh?”

“Not trained or anything but yeah, I do.” I responded as Adrienne and Caitlin chatted with Katie in the background and Lemmy was fussed by Katie. “I used to do a lot more cooking at my old fed because it was based in my home city of New York, but I found myself doing that less as I moved out here for SCW, the pandemic kind of forced me to get back to practicing when I wasn’t doing song parodies.”

“Which I forced him to stoop because I was worried that one of those parodies was going to get him killed.” Katie chimed in as she messaged her forehead in annoyance. “Either by the targeted wrestler or a delusional fan of the song.”

“Shame because I thought they were funny.” Caitlin shrugged her shoulders in response as she watched us cook. “Even the Roxi’s Soul one.”

“You only found it funny because you wanted to see Team Hero kick his ass for that one.” Adrienne corrected her as the French woman shifted her weight. “You even admitted as much to Katie when she enrolled in the Go Gym!”

“At least I was honest about it!” Caitlin admitted as we continued cooking.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 8th of July 2021, 11:00am

*Promo time*

Things just got complicated.

“I knew for weeks that I was going to challenge Alex Jones for the Roulette Title again in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match at Summer XXXTreme IX, what I didn’t know was who my third opponent was, for weeks I was thinking one thing about this match: "It's a Mystery!", well, turned out that the bosses wanted to keep me and Alex on our toes because the third challenger is being decided on the night in a last minute qualifying match between Agostino Romano and Shane Borderland that’s opening the show, for obvious reasons, that complicated things!”

Quite a bit.

“BUT I was able to come up with a solution with the aid of my lovely wife Katie, for the purposes of this promo and my second promo on the cruise ship, I’m treating this as a Fatal Four Way Ultimate X Over the Pool Match for the Roulette Title between me, Alex, Shane and Agostino, why? Because we couldn’t think of a better way to go about this promo so here, we are, in a situation where my only confirmed opponent is Alex Jones until the winner is decided between Shane and Agostino!”

May as well start with my fellow challengers.

“I’m going to start with my fellow challengers because they are the true wildcards in this match and for starters, it’s Shane Borderland! Shane, I don’t know a lot about you because you just made your SCW debut in a losing effort to Brayden Hilton but for a supposed veteran of the business, you fell for a lot of the old, tired and cliché tactics that Brittany Williams employed to help her brother achieve victory, what does that mean for you in this match?”

Not good things.

“Even if you beat Agostino and join us in the Ultimate X Match the fact that you fell for so many obvious tricks by Brittany doesn’t bode well for your intelligence so either you’ve taken one to many chair shots to the head over the years or you are the dumbest veteran wrestler to come around in a long time! And quite frankly, I don’t know which option is sadder but either way, if you make it to the Ultimate X Match, you’ll be easy pickings for me and Alex!”

And now for Agostino.

“We meet again Agostino, only this time you’re wrestling twice in one night and neither of us is the champion, and obviously this is only if you make it past Shane Borderland but in my opinion? I’ll be surprised if you lose to Shane Borderland personally! And to be honest, I want you to get past Shane Borderland and join me and Alex in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match for the Roulette Title, not just because I know you’ll give me a good fight but because of one other reason.”

Take a guess.

“That’s right! Back at Blaze of Glory X you beat me to win the Internet Title in a ladder match and then went on to lose it to O’Malley in your first defence! Look, I’m not going to say anything about O’Malley dropping the belt to Mac just a few weeks later but what I will say is that I want to get that win back and if you make it to the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match, then I can do just that as I beat you and the reigning champ!”

Speaking off.

“Last but not least is the champ himself Alex Jones and right now, you are my only confirmed opponent in this Roulette Title Match! I know our last match is probably fresh in your mind, but I’ll remind you anyway, you faced me and Niles Kasey in your second defence and when that wheel stopped on Submission Match, it gave you the advantage! However, whilst you did retain the title in that match, you did so by submitting Miles and not me!”

And that makes for a huge difference!

“But in this match? No pin-fall, no submission, just you, me and whoever the third challenger is vying to scale the Ultimate X Structure, take the gold and eliminate the competition on the way to winning or retaining the gold, this match favours my high flying style to a t and that should leave you at a big disadvantage heading into your fourth defence and quite frankly, your last because that gold has my name on it!”

It’s that simple.

“Right now, the only thing I know for certain is that I’m one of two men challenging Alex Jones for the Roulette Title in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match and as I said earlier, we won’t know who the third man is until the night of the show! But I welcome the challenge and more importantly, I look forward to being the man to dethrone Alex Jones at Summer XXXTreme IX in two weeks’ time, whoever the third man is, I can only hope that they can give me a decent fight as well!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“But in the end, it won’t matter if it’s Shane Borderland or Agostino Romano that joins me and Alex in the Men’s Ultimate X Over the Pool Match for the Roulette Title at Summer XXXTreme IX in two weeks’ time because in the end their can only be one winner and my second Roulette Title reign is well overdue because Alex and whoever the winner of the match between Shane Borderland and Agostino Romano is had better brace themselves because there’s a tropical storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your next Roulette Champion!”

I went outside to play with Lemmy as the scene fades.
user posted image

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
Re: ALEX JONES v CALEB STORMS v TBD - ULTIMATE X ROULETTE TITLE
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 09:45:24 PM »
The Burden of Belief

”A cruise, time to relax for once.”

It was the voice of Sonja Jones, Alex's wife, business partner and fellow trainer. Her long light brown hair with a few blond streaks was tied back as she folded her arms over her chest with a grin. She seemed to be more relaxed, the acquisition of assets and opening of Wolfslair Orlando going smoothly and giving them all a chance to breathe. She had worked so hard the last few weeks, putting plans into motion, doing paperwork, spreadsheets, dealing with invoices and contracts.

All the things Alex was horrible at.

Sonja had been a full time competitor years ago, never losing her love for the business. But going through college, getting her law degree, these were things she cared about, things she was passionate about. Whole still taking the occasional local indy show she was now focused on the day to day running of wolfslair and training. She was still in incredible shape. Standing five foot eight and having impressive muscle definition nand strength, she was still incredibly athletic and could move in a way that would make others jealous. All while being a wife and mother.

And not just a mother to her and Alexs’ children. A mother to all those at Wolfslair. She was always open to give advice, to help and to set them straight if they got out of line. The younger kids being intimidated by her but growing to love and respect her. She had worked so hard, this cruise was something to look forward too.

Summer XXXtreme. The Sun Princess cruise liner was ready, SCW was ready, the fans were ready.

This was the one show a year where the families would come and relax. SCW paid for everything, food entertainment, the cabins. It made working for them even better. A company that took care of their employees and respected them. Alex smiled bat Sonja who seemed to be the happiest she had been in a while, the last few years being hard with work and time restraints. Covis being a huge issue and a time of uncertainty. But they were happy, they were secure, their children were safe and happy. Young Dylan, now three years old, approaching his fourth birthday and eight year old Harley, Alexs’ daughter from a previous marriage, coming to live with them after his ex-wife's complete mental and emotional breakdown, a little girl that Sonja had accepted as her own in the last few months, growing ever closer. 

And now, they were ready to pack their bags. In a few days they would be on the deck of the cruise liner, relaxing in the sun, sipping cold drinks and watching the kids play in the pool. It was often a party atmosphere. Relaxing with co-workers and fans alike. Summer Xxxtreme was like a floating fan meet and greet, show and convention all wrapped into one. And Alex loved it.

He took a deep breath, his evil mind ticking over. m”Sonja…” She smiled turning to look at Alex, his facial expression changing to one of sadness and despair. He moved closer to his wife, reaching out and taking her hand in his before sitting down on the end of the bed. Sonja tilted her head but before she could ask what was wrong Alex swallowed hard and decided to tell her the “bad news” ”With the Covid protocols, they’re not letting us take family. I’m sorry.” The smile faded from her face, she sighed and shook her head.

Alex sat there, stone faced, staring up at her, his lip quivered, her eyes narrowed.

SMACK

Her hand his his shoulder, Alex couldn’t hold it in and began to laugh. Sonja shook her head and smiled turning away. ”You’re horrible.”

He let out another chuckle and got to his feet moving across the room grabbing his bag and throwing it on the bed, a checklist in his mind of things he would want, need and take. His eyes trailing over to the SCW Roulette title sitting on his badside table. A reminder of what he was doing and what he had to be capable of. A reminder of his career ressurection. His mood changed. From joking and jovial to serious and focused. He grabbed ring gear, clothes, vitamins and his workout and diet book putting them all into the black bag. He took a deep breath in and stretched his neck.

This was going to be fun and relaxing at some points. A cruise with the family.

But what made Alex different, what made him special was something that months ago he thought he lost. The one thing that others in the business let go for monetary gain or happiness.

Hunger

Alex was bungry again, hungry for wins, for titles, for accolades and accomplishments. Alex was starving for clout. He was no longer above anything, no longer believing he should only be at the top of the card, the main event, the world champion. A true leader makes the best of any spot, any situation. And that’s where he was. Who he was. Sonja smiled at him, recognising the look in his eye as she pulled out her own clothes packing her bag, and gave him a nod, a small gesture. But it was acknowledgment and support. A simple look that pushed him forward.

He wasn’t going to let anything, or anyone stop him.

To Be Decided.

”What a run huh?”

He smiled, his long hair down as his hand drifted up to his beard.

”From the lowest of lows, from losing match after match against the best of the best and questioning if I really wanted to do this and keep going, to being a champion and flying a flag happily. The roulette championship, one of the more unique titles and divisions in wrestling. And I have been able to be nit’s champion for over a hundred days. In fact by the time Summer Xxxtreme rolls around it will be one hundred and twelve days. I’ll get to be equal with Griffin Hawkins, Ben Jordan and Brother Grimm with their reigns. And, I get passed this match, I might very well close in on the longest reign, might even reach two hundred days. Make this title worth something again.”

“See, I never do things by halves. That is something people need to realise about me, and if something happens and I don’t put my best foot forward, well, I take it personally. My SCW title reign? I take how horrible it was personally. I take the fact this company, a company that I love and has become my home didn’t even acknowledge my reign until I made them personally.”

“So, when I won the Roulette title I vowed I would throw all of myself into it. I’d take my ego out of it, my pride, out of it.”

“I have been guilty in the past of looking down at this title. And the Internet. See, to me the world title was the only prize worth having in SCW. But I was wrong, it;’s not the title, it’s who you are and what you do with it. It’s a lesson I learned years ago yet somehow forgot, somehow allowed myself to ignore. So, I want to make the best of this, to make the Roulette title a prize wo4rth holding that rivals the others. And truth be told, I think I’ve been able to do it. See, Sin City wrestling is in need of strong champions. Not so much the women's side, Myra Rivers has been dominant as the Internet champion, Amber Ryan is a scary SCW Bombshells champion...but on the men's side of things?”

Alex shakes his head, his eyes rolling as he laughs to himself.

”Mac Bane has been an average Internet champion, I like the guy but I’m not going to sit here and kiss his ass because he’s with Amber Ryan, you don’t get clout for being able to eat her pussy bro…And Mark Cross? Mark fucking Cross. Look, he’s funny, he’s entertaining, he works hard. But the fact this droning NFL Europe washout who cuts promos longer than the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League is “our” champion? It’s a joke. A bad joke. Not the “haha side splitting funny” type of joke. The sad, people questioning if they want to watch SCW anymore ind of joke.”

“Austin being one half of the mixed tag team champions and myself as the roulette have been the shining lights of our side of things.”

“And I aim to continue that, to continue defending this championship in whatever match they want me to and against whomever SCW has decided has earned their shot against me.; And this time, in an ultimate X match over a pool, is myself, Caleb Storms and one of two men who will duke it out at the start of the night for the right to even be in the match. And before I comment on the fact I have to see Caleb Storms...again...let me address the big ol elephant in the room...not knowing who the third man will be until the day of the show…”

He lets out a sigh and folds his arms over his chest.

”I know some people would stomp their feet and complain about this. That they would feel they would be at some kind of disadvantage not knowing who an opponent is, maybe even a little unprepared. But really, how long do you need to formulate a plan in a match like this? Nine days? Cause I can do it right on the spot. And besides that, when you really think about it, Agostino and Shane Borderlands are the ones at a disadvantage. They have to compete in two matches. Whoever wins has to come down to the pool and try and beat myself or Caleb. Even though this match has a certain amount of...luck involved.”

“Maybe too much luck. See this isn’t about how good I am comp-ared to the others in the match, it’s about who can be lucky enough and fast enough to climb across some cables to retrieve a title and not get dumped in the water.”

“Agostino would be a threat at that with how fast he is, and he has proven he can be a champion in SCW. I don’t really like him that much and he honestly annoys me with how he talks and acts, but I can recognise athletic talent and he has it, so I know the dangers if he is able to get passed Shane Borderlands and get to the match, but getting passed Shane...well that is easier said than done.”

“See, I know of Shane Borderlands. I know his history in WCF and I even know Jason Cashe. I was there, in WCF, for a cup of coffee. I know Shane isn’t a joke, I know what he can do and I’m excited to see someone like him in SCW. I saw what he did in his debut, I know what he could do to Agostino, I know he could get into the roulette title match. But, ask yourself. After being in a match with Agostino, what can Shane do?”

Alex shrugs and nods slowly.

”Ring rust, time off, two matches and having to drag a six foot four frame up onto those cables. I don;t envy Shane if he gets in this match with myself and Caleb Storms.”

He chuckles.

”Caleb Storms. Are we sick of doing this song and dance Caleb? A month and a half ago you were in another triple threat match for this title. Yourself, me and Milo Kasey at into the void. I gave you props then for never giving up, never quitting and always trying to be better than you were the last match you had, whether or not you won or lost. ANd I still believe that. I still see that desire and hunger in you Caleb. It’s admirable. I said it then and I’ll say it noiw. But, to be honest, this is getting exhausting.”

“Instead of you being in the match they should have made it Agostino and Shane Borderlands against me and have done away with the qualifier”

“And it’s not that I don’t disagree with you having a shot Caleb, I just don’t want you to be a hypocrite. After all, before our match at Into the void a huge talking point you had was that I apparently hadn’t defended my title against anyone credible, despite only being a champion at the time for a month or so, you ran your mouth about Bill Barnhart and about how he just gets handed title shots over and over and over again…”

Alex pauses and blinks a few times deadpanning the camera.

”You want to rephrase anything this time Caleb?”.

“I’m getting tired of it. But, here you are again with another opportunity and I’m sure you’re not looking to waste it. But maybe, just maybe you should be more focused on recognizing the dangers of the opponents in front of you instead of making self egrandising comments and stroking your own ego?...cause, I’m no pushover, Agostino and Shane Borderlands aren’t push overs. And as good as you think you are Storms…”

“Well..”

“I’m just that little bit better. So whoever ends up in this match with me, whoever wants to try and dump my ass into the pool and take the Roulette title...you’ll be in for a fight...for a challenge and I dare any of you to try and stop me..”

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Into the Unknown!”
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 08:41:35 PM »
Caleb’s second shot at the Roulette Title in a row was this week at Summer XXXTreme IX and he was entering the match with an air of uncertainty about him! So far, his only confirmed opponent was the reigning champion Alex Jones with his fellow challenger being decided in the opening match of the show between Shane Borderland and Agostino Romano, can Caleb finally win the Roulette Title again?

Caleb’s cabin, Sun Princess Cruise Liner, the High Seas
Wednesday the 14th of July 2021, 11:00am

To be honest? I’m already missing my pooch!

But at the very least, me and Katie know that he’s in good hands as we are using the same kennels that we used for last year’s Summer XXXTreme, now granted I did consider trying to smuggle him aboard the ship under my shirt until Katie pointed out that he was a full grown Labrador and only the most overweight of men could hide him in their shirts! And suitcase smuggling was also shot down mutually because we realized that there was a chance Lemmy could suffocate inside the suitcase.

Point is, there was no way in hell I could’ve smuggled Lemmy aboard the ship even if I wanted too, but we do have an arrangement with the kennels where we have weekly video chats with Lemmy so, yeah, there’s that at least!

“So, now that Jessie’s doing a guest spot in the D&D game, you’re joining in?” Katie asked as I worked away at my character sheet. “Do you even know what your doing? Or what character you’re playing?”

“I watched Critical Role over the weekend, so I have a general idea.” I responded as I worked away at my character. “As for my character, I’m playing Ivar, the Stoner Circle of the Moon Druid!”

“Sadly, I’m not surprised.” Katie sighed before she stood up and walked over to me to get a glimpse of the sheet. “Shouldn’t you be more worried about your match against Alex and either Shane or Agostino?”

“I am, but I spent most of the previous week training for the Roulette Title Match and this is just as much a vacation as it is a Supercard.” I responded and Katie nodded once she realized that I was right. “Besides, it’s hard to prepare for a match where the other half of the opposition won’t be decided until the opening match of the card has been decided and whilst your idea of treating it as a Fatal Four Way worked for my promo, it doesn’t work for training because I’ll only have one other opponent.”

“True enough, at least you’ve faced Agostino before, and you do have a win to get back over him.” Katie nodded in agreement before thinking of something. “You did clear your character with Krystal, right?”

“Yep, and her reply was four crying with laughter emojis followed by “go for it”, I think she likes my idea.” I responded and Katie couldn’t help but laugh at that, only reinforced when I showed her the text in question. “The session’s starting at seven o’clock, but Krystal, Makayla, Jessie, Shane, Jake and Ari are meeting up for Cards Against Humanity in Krystal’s room, she invited me to join in and extended that to you.”

“You know what? It’s been too long since I played Cards against Humanity so I’m in.” Katie decided with a nod before she went back to the bed and sat on it. “She did tell you which room she has, right?”

“Yeah, she has one of the balcony suites, claimed it was a benefit of being the Bombshell Roulette Champion.” I responded with a nod before I started putting the finishing touches to the character sheet. “I’ll text Krystal to let her know once I’ve finished the character sheet, once I do that, she should send over the room number.”

“Sounds good, just remember to let me know when we’re about to go.” Katie said as she leaned back on the bed. “And maybe we’ll listen to some metal albums along the way.” Katie added and I grinned at that idea as I continued my progress.

Krystal’s balcony suite, the Sun Princess Cruise Liner, the High Seas
Wednesday the 14th of July 2021, 16:05pm

The fact that Krystal’s suite is a lot nicer than mine makes me want to win the Roulette Title even more, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

As I said before, me and Katie showed up for the game of Cards against Humanity between me, Katie, Jake, Shane, Makayla, Krystal, Ari and Jessie and we were all sat on the floor for the game.

“Okay, I take it we’re all familiar with the rules of Cards against Humanity?” Krystal asked the assembled group and we all nodded in response. “Okay, this game was my idea, so I volunteer to be the first Czar, any objections?” Krystal asked and once the others nodded, we drew our ten white cards and Krystal picked up the first black cad. “And the Academy Award for blank goes to blank, it’s a pick two card so make sure you specify the order.”

Yeah, I think I’ve got this, I put my cards down first followed by the others and Krystal grabbed them. “And the Academy Award for “putting up with Christian’s weird signees” goes too “Mark Ward”, that is so true it hurts!” Krystal chuckled before putting it aside. “And the Academy Award for “Caleb Storms’ Hopes and Dreams” goes to “an M16 Assault Rifle”, anything you’re not telling us Caleb?” Krystal asked with a cheeky grin, and I shook my head.

“No comment.” I responded and Krystal set aside the cards without a second thought.

“And the Academy Award for “Gabriel Thomas Wank, SCW’s punching bag” goes too “Your Mom”.” Krystal nearly doubled over laughing at that one. “Wouldn’t that work better as “his mom”? I know I created that card for this custom set.”

“Possible that whoever played it didn’t draw the companion card, just saying, and I didn’t pick that one before you ask.” Makayla responded Krystal put the cards aside.

“And the Academy Award for………” Krystal trailed off as she read the card and her mouth hung agape. “One: have you guys ever heard of blowing your load too soon? And two: this is going to be a tough one to beat.” Krystal added and when no-one answered she sighed. “And the Academy Award for “Auschwitz” goes to “The Nazis”!”

It was at that point that the rest of the room nearly lost in laughter. “I don’t see anyone topping that one.” Jake admitted and Krystal managed to keep it together long enough to grab the next two cards.

“We’ll soon see.” Krystal responded before she got ready to read the next cards. “And the Academy Award for “Sexiest Roulette Champion” goes too “Krystal Wolfe”, appreciate the complement but bribery won’t win you any points in this game.”

“Can I at least admit that that was my combo?” Makayla asked with a shrug and Krystal turned to her. “I mean, who else would think to put those cards together?”

“Eh, good point.” Krystal shrugged before setting the cards aside. “And the Academy Award for “Jerking off into a Pool of Children’s tears” goes too “Barack Obama”, getting really political all of a sudden.”

“There was a joke about Nazis and NOW you think it’s political?” Katie pointed out and Krystal went to respond but couldn’t find the words.

“Eh, good point.” Krystal shrugged her shoulders before setting aside the cards. “Okay, last two, “And the Academy Award for “Best Ass in SCW” goes too “Miles Kasey” ……...” Krystal trailed off before shaking her head. “I don’t remember creating that one.”

“To be fair, I might have created it when we were updating the deck for the Summer XXXTreme trip.” Makayla pointed out and Krystal hesitated before nodding.

“Last but not least, “And the Academy Award for “Unlimited Bombshell Title Shots” goes too Jessie Salco.” Krystal finished reading the cards and Jessie raised an eyebrow at her. “Those cards were created before we became friends Jess.”

“Figured as much but thanks for clarifying.” Jessie responded before stretching her arms. “I know I’m not the czar but as far as I’m concerned? There’s a clear winner here!”

“If you’re thinking what I’m thinking then I agree.” Katie nodded before she picked out the winning combo. “Never thought I’d say this but the Nazis and Auschwitz win, who played those cards?” Krystal asked and I shot my hand up. “Playing for keeps huh.”

“You could say that.” I responded before I accepted the black card from Krystal, the game went on for a while longer before we reached the final round and it was Krystal’s turn a czar again, as for who had the most cards?”

“Okay, it’s a tight race between Caleb and Jessie to win the game but I’m pretty sure we’ll know the winner regardless of this round’s winner.” Krystal responded before picking up the final black card. “And it’s times like these that make me glad to be a woman, “How Am I Compensating for My Tiny Penis?”, just putting it out there that saying “nothing” or “not having one” would be a cop out and I’m not picking them or a similar card.”

“And yet “Biggest Blackest Dick” wasn’t a cop out for the “Girl’s Best Friend” round.” Ari grumbled under her breath before glancing over at Katie who had won the aforementioned round, despite her saltiness we all played the cards and Krystal went through them all before reaching me and Jessie’s cards, at least I was assuming that the last card beside mine was Jessie’s.

“How Am I Compensating for my Tiny Penis?” Krystal asked after making sure that no one outside the room heard her. “No Clothes On, Penis in Vagina, meh, I guess it works.” Krystal shrugged before putting the card aside and reading the last one. “How Am I Compensating for My Tiny Penis? Fenris?!” Krystal asked with a raised eyebrow. “I hope whoever played that realizes I could take that combo to Fenris.”

“Maybe he’ll take it in good humour?” I asked before pausing. “Is what I’d say if I was the one who played the card.”

“Smooth.” Krystal responded with a sarcastic laugh before picking the winner. “No Clothes On, Penis in Vagina wins because it’s the least likely to get me on Fenris’s bad side if word reaches him!”

“And that’s the win for me!” Jessie exclaimed as she took the card and I pouted as I folded my arms. “Hopefully, you have better luck in your Roulette Title Match Caleb.”

“What about me?” Krystal pouted with a laugh. “Don’t forget, I’m the DM tonight.”

“You too Krystal.” Jessie said quickly before we packed up to leave for the D&D game.

Caleb’s cabin, Sun Princess Cruise Liner, high seas
Wednesday the 14th of July 2021, 23:00pm

*Promo time*

It’s been a quiet week.

“When this match was first announced, I felt like I was heading into the unknown with the third competitor in this match but you know what? I’m disappointed, I expected better from the two guys competing for the third spot in the men’s Ultimate X Over the Pool Match between Shane Borderland and Agostino Romano, I would’ve thought that at least one of them would have made their voices heard by now but no, they’ve been conspicuous in their absence and the only guys who have made their voices heard over the past week for this title match are myself and Alex Jones!”

Not a good look!

“For that reason, I’m not even going to address Shane or Agostino beyond this opening monologue and instead I’m just going to focus all my attention on Alex Jones! I mean, the match is basically a one on one match between me and Jones until the opener takes place anyway so why wouldn’t I do that? This Sunday might be my second title shot against Alex Jones but it’s as I said, until Shane and Agostino make their voices heard, what else am I supposed to do?”

And now onto Alex.

“Saying that, knowing my luck Shane and Agostino’s promos will probably hit the air right after mine! But hey, what can I do about that? Wait until tomorrow or Friday when inspiration has hit me now? Nah! With that said, if there’s anyone who will hit me harder than inspiration did for this promo, it’ll probably be Wolfslair’s Alex Jones because since he won the Roulette Title in March, you’ve proven to be a worthy champion!”

But all good things must come to an end.

“However, Alex, unless you have your sights set on a Myra Rivers type reign with the Roulette Title, you can’t hold onto the Roulette Title forever and sooner or later, someone is going to beat you for that title and that someone is going to be me! And whilst you were right in saying that we’ve done this song and dance before, let’s look at the other men you’ve faced in Roulette Title Matches since you won that thing.”

I said before getting my phone out.

“First defence: “Bulldog” Bill Barnhart in a Boiler Room Brawl, right after I beat Bill to earn my spot in your second defence to boot, it’s time we faced facts and admit that Bill is not a top tier competitor! Maybe he was during his younger days, but “Old Fart” Bill Barnhart has been around so long that when God said, “Let There Be Light” Bill complained about it ruining his sleep! The next defence was against me and Miles Kasey at Into the Void X and whilst I was in that match, it was Miles who took the submission, and your student hasn’t had the best track record in SCW! And then, there’s The Troll.”

I commented before face-paling.

“Do I really need to say anything other than “The Troll”? My point is Alex is that you haven’t exactly had the best competition since you won the belt from Cassian Reed and yes, I realize that I just burned myself when I said that but aside from me, that statement is true! But it’s time for the new guard to take over from the old guard and I said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s been way to long since I’ve held the Roulette Title!”

And now for the elephant in the room.

“Let’s cast our minds back to last Saturday up north in Canada where I faced Brother David Shepherd in a Special Guest Referee Match where Fenris was the ref! Now I won that match because Brother David Shepherd rage quit but the bigger story in this match was the fact that you travelled down to Canada just to mess with me in that match! I mean, you could’ve saved yourself a lot of gas money by asking the SCU production staff to play your theme during my match whilst you chilled out in Las Vegas but no, you had to go the extra mile! Or miles in this case!”

Seriously, why?

“Where you trying to get in your only confirmed challenger’s head before Summer XXXTreme IX? Well, if you wanted my undivided attention then congratulations Alex, you’ve got it! Granted the fact that the guys in the qualifier match have been silent for the past week doesn’t help matters but my point still stands! I’ve been motivated to prove that I am a legend in the making for a while now and if you wanted to give me extra motivation to beat you for the Roulette Title than congratulations Alex, you’ve done it!”

Insert fake applause here.

“That being said, Alex, your attempt to screw with me ahead of our match may just be the one thing that does you in and ends your Roulette Title reign! Like I just said, you’ve given me extra motivation to win this thing beyond becoming a two time Roulette Champion at long last and by the time you’ve realized your mistake, it’ll be far too late to fix it as this Sunday I’ll be walking out of Summer XXXTreme IX the new Roulette Champion!”

It’s that simple.

“You know what? I’m not even thinking about Agostino or Shane right now, I’ll worry about them once we know for certain who the third man in the men’s Ultimate X Over the Pool Match is for certain but that just means that I can give you my undivided attention Alex and whilst YOU may think that means an easy title defence for you, the fact is that your grave mistake in motivating me even further by trying to mess with my match at Supernova means that I’ll be the new Roulette Champion once the dust settles!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Shane, Agostino, good luck in your match on Sunday and I look forward to facing either of you in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match later in the show! But as for you Alex? You may not realize it, but you fucked up by sticking your nose in where it didn’t belong, and I only wish that Fenris had kicked you so hard that you landed back in Las Vegas! But in the meantime, I have a Roulette Title to win because you and either Agostino or Shane had better brace yourself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll both be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

I went to start gaming as the scene fades.
user posted image

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
Re: ALEX JONES v CALEB STORMS v TBD - ULTIMATE X ROULETTE TITLE
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 11:34:46 PM »
In the spirit of competition.

The sunbeat down on the deck of the Sun princess after it had disembarked. Alex Jones and his family sat poolside, fans and other members of the roster and come members of the wolfslair gym not even signed to the company moved about as Alex smiled and laid back on a deck chair letting out a deep relaxing breath. All of this had become familiar to him, his mind casting back to the first time he had heard SCW held a show aboard a cruise ship. The fact that fans and competitors alike could relax and mingle.

There were competitions, games, shows and meet and greets. SCW had become masters of entertaining the fans and the wrestlers alike, as well as their families anjd friends. Alex smiled and looked over at his wife Sonja, her toned body shining under the sun as her tan made her impressive physical form look even more powerful. Alex looked over at his daughter Harley and his son Dylan, playing in the smaller kiddy pool as Dylan stomped his feet in the water and giggled like a lunatic. This was the life, and he was getting PAID for this….

Perks of the job…

Sonja smiled and shot up. ”LISA!” She laughed and embraced Lisa Mercer, Austins wife and former professional wrestler herself, until a neck injury ended her dreams prematurely. The two old friends laughed as Lisa waved at Alex who smiled back and gave her a nod. Behind her towered Austin James Mercer. A child in each arm as he held 3 year old Marcus and a year old Lilly.

Austin moved around and sat Marcus in the pool with Dylan and Harley, handing Lilly to Lisa. He sat down next to Alex and clasped his hands together. Alex looked over and looked Austin up and down, he wore a pair of black swim shorts and flip flops, but didn’t look at all relaxed. ”You know...you could look like you’re having fun.” Austin laughed under his breath and shook his head.

”Socialising has never been my strong suit.” And he was right, Austin didn’t go to parties, he didn’t spend too much time with people he didn’t know, always found it hard to make friends. Even the people he was close to in Wolfslair had to push him to be outgoing. ”Besides, this whole cruise thing has always felt weird. We’re on a vacation, being relaxed, but still expected to perform...I’m not going to let my guard down like you have.”

Alex raised his sunglasses looking over at Austin. ”Excuse me?”

Austin put his hands up and shook his head. ”Hey, I just mean you look relaxed, I’m ready to get into a fight now, you would need time to warm up first…” Austin looked over at the various competitions and activities on the deck with a smirk. ”Unless you want to prove me wrong?”

Alex let out a long, deep sigh before pulling his sunglasses back down over his eyes and leaning back before grabbing his mojito giving it a sip. ”I’m enjoying myself Aus...maybe later.”

Austin scoffed and nodded his head slowly. ”Yeah, I get it. Finn did say you were looking a little soft..”

Alex’s head snapped sideways. ”He said what?”

Austin stood up and folded his arms over his chest. ”Hey man, it’s cool, I know we all lose that fire sooner or later. It happens as you get older..”

Alex places his mojito down, he slowly stands up and takes off his sunglasses as the two men come face to, well, Austins upper chest. They lock eyes, it feels like an old wild west stand off, Alex narrows his eyes as we hear a hawk caw in the distance. Or, more likely, a seagull. ”Name your game Mercer”

”Deck bowling..”

Alex blinks. ”Skittles?” Austin nods slowly. Alex sneers and shakes his head. ”You’re on.”

Instead of a full blown match between the two, an 80’s style montage plays. Eye of the tiger, thrill of the goddamn fight!. Austin takes an early lead, Alex struggles, Austin gloats, and for some reason has a russian accent. Sonja gives Alex a tearful pep talk. Only for Alex to win at the end, and celebrate. Austin shakes Alexs’ hand showing respect and they smile in a cheesy way.

”So...that was weird.” Alex slowly nods. Austin reaches over and grabs what looks to be a strawberry daiquiri ”Lets never do that again…”

”Yeah….that was awkward as shit….” There was an awkward silence between them, Alex finished his mojito, Austin looked over and Alex smirked. ”...shuffleboard?”

Austin narrowed his eyes. ”You’re going down…”

A casual dip in the pool

”Well, this is relaxing…”

Alex Jones, current SCW Roulette champion and head honcho of Wolfslair moves through the cool waters of the pool, the ultimate X structure already set up around it. Alexs’ title belt up above on the center of the X.

”I figured I’d take a dip in the pool now since it won’t be happening in the match itself. When we are all fighting for a chance to get to the cables above, to get to the roulette championship hanging above me right now. And while Caleb and I have made our thoughts known, both Shane Borderland and Agostino Romano have remained silent. They have not done a damn thing to get anyone interested in this match, or their own one on one encounter earlier in the night. And that? Well that is just lazy.”

“Being a champion or a contender to a title means you have certain responsibilities. You have to defend the title or in a contenders case fight hard for it. But you also need to make sure people understand the weight and gravity of the opportunity you have in front of you. Neither of them have done that, to Caleb's credit, he has.”

“And the saddest part, is that they both have so much to talk about. The fact they have to jump through a hoop to get into the roulette title match to begin with, Caleb having another shot at the title, me as the champion and what it would mean to beat me.”

“So much to say, and so much time to have done it.”

Alex moves across the pool, grabbing the railing and pulling himself out as the water drips from him, he grabs a towel and wrapped it around him before folding his arms over his chest.

”But, there’s been nothing but crickets and tumbleweeds rolling down an empty street from those two. And the truth is, SCW should have just made it a fourway, I wouldn’t have cared. It wouldn’t have mattered. I have never hidden from a challenge, I’ve never denied defending titles against anyone. When I was mixed tag team champion, world heavyweight champion or roulette champion. It never mattered to me, sure I’d get annoyed if I felt like someone got a shot who hadn’t earned it, but that comes with the territory.”

“And I have made my desires for this title known, I want to be the best Roulette champion this company has ever had, I want the most defences, the longest reign, I want to be a fighting champion against anyone and everyone. And then, when I eventually lose the championship I want it to be because someone earned it.”

“Because they were better than me.”

“I want to build a legacy with this championship that will stand in the record books for the rest of SCW’s existence. I want to redeem myself and build myself back up, so one day, I can win the SCW title again and hold it for a respectable reign instead of the piss poor effort I put forward before, that was a disservice to myself and a disservice to the championship. And I refuse to let it happen again, with this championship or any other”

He smirks and shakes his head.

”But, one thing we can never say about Caleb Storms is that he’s ever lacking in confidence. Atleast outwardly.”

Alex shrugs and moves across the outside of the pool.

”It’s always the same with you Caleb, i mentioned it before and you didn’t disappoint. You look at a champion and a championship title and say “oh you’re just holding my championship”, and the sad truth about all of this is if you won even half the championships you have proclaimed as “yours” over the last few years, then you’d be a hall of fame level star a million times over. But, that’s not what happened is it?”

“You have made promises you have never kept, you have made proclamations that have never come true.”

“And instead of changing, instead of accepting it and realising you need to do something, anything different, you have rammed your head against the same brick wall over and over again. Austin realised things were wrong, he changed and became a mixed tag team champion, I realised I was heading down the same path, changed a few things, a new outlook, and became roulette champion.”

“But you?...same song and dance, same tune.”

“The entire lockeroom lost respect for you when you had a title handed to you, then lost it so fast. And now, here you are being handed opportunities again nand using the same tiered excuses. It was a triple threat match, and it was Miles who got submitted. In the end Caleb, YOU still lost. YOU failed to stop me from tapping Miles out, YOU failed to get one of us to submit first. But you will never, ever admit that. Instead you’d prefer to live in this fantasy world where you are a major player and not just someone who Christian and Mark turn to when they get bored…”

“So, when we meet in this match against one of the two silent sisters….well...be prepared to go in the pool Caleb...and be prepared to watch me grab MY title…”