Author Topic: “Here we go Again!”  (Read 599 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Here we go Again!”
« on: June 17, 2021, 04:09:16 PM »
Caleb’s losing ways continued as he lost a close match to Goth and following Alex Jones’s title defence against The Troll (yes, seriously) Caleb made his displeasure known about being overlooked for a title opportunity even though he wasn’t submitted in the Triple Threat Submission Match at Into the Void X, well this week he was getting a chance to repeat history as SCW was holding qualifier matches for the Over the Pool Ultimate X Roulette Title Matches at Summer XXXTreme IX, not only that but his opponent was none other than the man Miles Kasey defeated to qualify for that Triple Threat Match during the last cycle, Lincoln Daniels, will Caleb find himself in a Roulette Title Match for the second Supercard in a row?

Backstage at Climax Control 302, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 13th of June 2021, 23:00pm

I know married couples aren’t supposed to keep secrets from each other and all, but I had a good reason.

Katie still remembers how sore I was when I returned to the back after the Lion’s Den Match against Fenris even though that happened two years ago and when I got the idea to challenge Fenris to a fourth match I knew she was going to freak out about it, thing is? I didn’t think that the bosses would make it official because Christian said that it was the last match between us when he tricked me into accepting a Lion’s Den Match against Fenris.

And emotionally speaking I’m still sore about that!

I wasn’t with Katie when I got the card for Climax Control 303, I was on my way back from the bathroom when I happened to run into the stage hand in charge of handing over the cards to the wrestlers and, well, he used that as an excuse to give me the card for next week! I know I’ve got Lincoln Daniels in a qualifying match for the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match for the men’s Roulette Championship and, much like the last cycle, the women’s match was being filled out by Triple Threat Matches starting with Candy, Char Kwan and Bea Barnhart.

And as I returned to the catering area, I found my lovely wife waiting for me, and she was not happy.

“Caleb, when did you plan on telling me that you were challenging Fenris to a rematch?!” Katie asked with a scowl on her face as I walked up to her. “And for that matter, WHY ARE YOU CHALLENGING HIM TO A REMATCH?! THE FIRST TIME YOU FACED HIM. I CAUGHT YOU WRITING YOUR LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT!”

“Did you have to say that so loud?” I asked Katie as I winced in pain from her yelling that last part. “Look, I’m trying to build my reputation as a legend in the making, a great way to do just that is to prove that I’m over my fear of Fenris!”

“Oh, for the love of Dio………” Katie grumbled under her breath as she messaged her forehead in annoyance. “I’m going to see if I can sweet-talk Gabriel into letting you train at the Go Gym, far as I know, Fenris isn’t scheduled to train there this week because he’s not in action next week, but Krystal will be there and she’s good friends with him.”

“I don’t think Gabriel will let me spar with a female wrestler, knowing how the bosses feel about intergender wrestling and all.” I pointed out and Katie shook her head.

“He doesn’t but she’ll be there to give you advice at least.” Katie responded before letting out a deep breath. “And for the love of God, don’t say anything to piss of Fenris! I know that’s like trying to get Lemmy to respond to the word “walkies” without his tail of wagging destruction going off like a helicopter but at least try, or failing that, just let me take over our half of the Twitter account for the next two weeks.”

“You realize that doesn’t count for my promo against Lincoln, right?” I pointed out and Katie sighed.

“Just don’t bring up Fenris and you’ll be fine, and considering he’s not in that match, that should be easy!” Katie sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. “As for your promo against Fenris, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it!” Katie added before stepping aside. “In the meantime, we’ve got a Main Event to watch, and Justin hasn’t done the introductions for Senor, I mean “King” Vinnie and Mark Cross.”

“I’m rooting for Mark because he didn’t have the idea to stick Bill Barnhart in a glorified Tuxedo Match!” I added and Katie gave me a funny look. “What? King Vinnie should be tried for War Crimes for that alone!”

“You know what? I’m not going to argue about that.” Katie responded with a shudder before we returned to our table.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 16th of June 2021, 17:00pm

It’s times like these that remind me why I love my wife.

It took some convincing on her part, but Gabriel agreed to let me train with the trainees ahead of my match against Fenris, only catch was that once my turn was done, I’d help Krystal and Ari train the female students whilst Gabriel took over for the men.

And so far, it’s working swimmingly.

“Seriously Caleb, if you’re going to try to beat Fenris at his own game then you’ve already lost the match!” Krystal called out from the ringside area as I sparred with Josh. “Fenris is one of the best submissions/striking experts in SCW, you’re not, how well do you think that’s going to end for you?”

“Badly?” I called back to the Aussie and Krystal shook her head as she adjusted the positioning of the Bombshell Roulette Title that was over her shoulder.

“Congrats, you’ve won the “no fucking shit” award.” Krystal responded with a face-palm. “It would be one thing if you were one of the trainees, but you’ve been wrestling since 2015 and have held three titles in SCW, in the case of the Internet Title, more than once.”

“Do we really count Caleb’s first Internet title reign though?” Josh asked as the English trainee circled around me. “Since it was gifted to him by J2H and all?”

“The bosses include it on the Title History Page, we count it.” Krystal called back before we resumed sparring. “Your strengths are your speed and high flying ability! They’ve carried you this far in your wrestling career and your title reigns speak for themselves.”

“Yeah, except against Fenris, I don’t have a single win against him.” I pointed out and Krystal shook her head.

“And if you try to wrestle his style of match, that’ll continue.” Krystal responded as she folded her arms. “And that goes double for your match against Lincoln Daniels on Sunday, he’s bigger than both you and Fenris and whilst he wrestles a hybrid power, brawling and high flyer, he still has a significant strength advantage over you.”

“Not to mention the fact that he’s coming off a loss to Fenris last week.” Ari chimed in as she walked over to the male half of the ring. “He’s going to be looking to bounce back from that and getting a shot at the Roulette Title at Summer XXXTreme IX will be a big boost for him.”

“Trust me, I should know, that’s how I broke my loosing streak in the last cycle.” Krystal nodded in agreement as I started working my usual, fast paced style against Josh. “Now you’re getting it, keep that up and Fenris will be yours next week!”

“Here’s hoping.” I responded before I continued to outpace the larger Josh. “And here’s hoping I can finally pick up a win over Fenris.”

“I’ll be sure to tell him that you said that.” Krystal teased me and once I realized that she was teasing me I resumed my sparring match.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 18th of June 2021, 11:00am

*Promo time*

It feels like I’ve been here before.

“Well, it’s time for another episode of Climax Control and this week I’m taking part in a Roulette Qualifying match so here we go again! If this sounds familiar to you then it should because I was in the same situation in the last cycle only instead of Bill Barnhart, a man I’ve beaten so many times that he may as well be called “Caleb’s Personal Punching Bag” at this point, I’m facing the man Miles Kasey beat to earn his spot in the Roulette Title Match at Into the Void X, Lincoln Daniels, does this mean Miles will face Bill in a qualifier next week?”

Why not? His wife’s in a qualifier this week!

“Look, I’ve got enough on my plate next week so for now I’m just going to focus on you Lincoln and since you joined the roster, you’ve done nothing but lose! Seriously for a guy who calls himself “Mr. Incredible” your run in SCW has been underwhelming to say the least! In fact, I’m going to give you some suggestions for new nicknames that are more accurate than Mr. Incredible for the rest of the promo!”

Starting with.

“So Mr. Mediocre, you may not be Bill Barnhart but this question still apples to you, how do you keep getting title opportunities?! Like seriously Mr. Waste of Screen Time, whilst the same can be asked off me there is one major difference! I actually have wins and titles to my name, you on the other hand? I don’t think you’ve won a single match since your debut and I hope that Mercedes will take time out of her busy schedule to correct me on this because otherwise, that would raise more questions about why Mr. Boring keeps getting opportunities!”

I swear I don’t understand the bosses sometimes.

“And before you point it out Mr. Winless, yes The Troll got a title shot this week in what could only have occurred through some form of bribery from his lovely mother, I bet she made the bosses some lovely homemade cookies to make that match happen too, but you are only slightly more credible than The Troll because The Troll has only been in SCW for a short time whilst you joined the main roster at the same time as Krystal!”

I shook my head.

“So where does that leave Mr. Slightly More Credible Than The Troll? It doesn’t leave him in a great position I’ll say that much and this Sunday I’ll stamp my spot in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match at Summer XXXTreme IX by picking up the win over Mr. No Chance in Hell at Picking up the Win Over Caleb Storms and once I do pick up that win, I’ll focus on winning the Roulette Title over Alex Jones like I should’ve done at Into the Void X!”

Like, seriously, how?!

“How do you keep getting opportunities like this Mr. Lucky to Have a Job by This Point? Cause All You’ve Done is Lose! it’s almost as big a mystery as Bill and Bea Barnhart getting opportunities but at least the Barnharts won the Mixed Tag Team Titles at Into the Void X! And lost it in their first defence but that’s beside the point and regardless of the reason, I will beat you on my way to Summer XXXTreme and the Roulette Title!”

It’s that simple.

“Mr. Not So Incredible, no one’s denying that you’re a fantastic athlete but in the ring? You haven’t exactly set the world on fire and after I beat you on Sunday that trend will continue, maybe you’ll get a match on the Summer XXXTreme Card, but it won’t be an important match, hell the only thing that’d keep it from being the opener would be the fact that the bosses like opening shows with title matches and spoiler alert Mr. Disappointing? You won’t be in a title match unless a miracle happens.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“What’s there to say about Mr. Choke Artist? Nothing really but Lincoln, this Sunday’s match will prove just how underserving you are of this title opportunity when I beat you in the middle of the ring! Because I am a legend in the making and you had better brace yourself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your next SCW Roulette Champion!”

I went to take Lemmy for a walk as the scene fades.
user posted image