Author Topic: Brothers vs Father and Son  (Read 527 times)

Offline Fenris

• The White Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Fenris
Brothers vs Father and Son
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:09:08 PM »

May 02, 2021 - Las Vegas, Nevada

The chair shots heard around the world. So many fans in attendance at the Saxon Hotel as well as those watching around the world shared the same sense of shocked awe as those standing backstage and watching on the monitors. When Aron Baltasarsson made a surprising return from out of nowhere after six weeks to save his brother and Mac Bane from an attack at the hands of the Good Shepherds. Why was this such a surprise? Not because Aron actually came back, but for the fact he used a steel chair against their common enemies to protect someone that he loved. It was completely uncharacteristic of him, but it was as he said later on social media;

“The things we do for family.”

And afterwards, the backstage halls of the Saxon Hotel were filled with activity, many of whom saw what had just happened and had to be on hand to welcome the younger of the two brothers back. Staff and peers alike shook Aron’s hand, gripped his shoulder or gave him a pat on the back. Or in the case of mutual friend Bobbie Dahl…

“Bobbie…!” Aron gasped, the laughter escaping him despite the fact that he was having the life squeezed out of him with one of her patented BobbIe Bear Hugs, lifting him entirely off of his feet. “I. Can’t. Breathe!”

“Sorry!” Bobbie said as she lowered him back to the floor where a smiling Artie offered his hand to Aron who accepted it gladly. A throat was cleared, and heads turned. Aron sighed, knowing what was about to come as standing there was his brother, breaking through the throng of well wishers to confront his younger sibling. After what proved to be a hellacious battle against Mac Bane and the post-match attack at the hands of Father Gerald and Brother David, Fenris looked like anything BUT a winner, but that did nothing to detract from his perpetual angry demeanor.

“Er, okay people!” Bobbie took it upon herself to take charge of the tense situation that grew more so with each passing moment. She turned and held her hands up, calling out, “Nothing to see here!”

A disgruntled murmur followed as the gathering took the less-than-subtle hint and slowly dispersed, Bobbie offering one last nugget of support for Aron, whispering to him, “If he gives you any trouble, let me know and I’ll sit on his head!” She then went along her way with Artie, leaving Aron smiling after her. He then turned as Fenris slowly stalked him like the proverbial “White Wolf,” hands on hips and his cobalt blue eyes burning right into him.

“Alright.” Aron sighed, dropping his arms to his sides. “Let’s hear it.”

Fenris stopped where he stood, right in front of his ‘little brother’ and shook his head. “I don't believe you!” He shouted in their native Icelandic tongue, keeping the exchange relatively private. “What are you DOING here!?”

“Apparently, saving your ass.” Came Aron’s indignant response. For a moment it looked like Fenris was about to respond but Aron held up a hand and smiled, ”I believe the words you’re looking for are ‘thank you.’”

“T-thank!?” To which Fenris replied with much heat  behind his words, “I TOLD you that you were fired! I TOLD you to go back to Iceland!”

“Well for once I decided not to do what you told me to do!”

“For ONCE!?” Fenris leaned back at the waist, almost shocked silly by the words. “You NEVER do what I fucking tell you to do!”

Aron leaned forward this time, and his voice and tone matched his older brother’s own as he looked stone-cold determined and shouted, “Then stop telling me what to do!”

Fenris could only stare at his brother, and you might have difficulty getting the perpetually angry Superstar to admit it, but he greatly missed his brother. Aron was his rock, the proverbial angel on his shoulder. The anchor he needed when his temper threatened to overwhelm him and cause him harm emotionally. In a sense, he knew he needed Aron more than Aron needed him.

“A… I gave you the chance!” Fenris shook his head almost sadly, unable to believe Aron didn’t take him up on the offer to get away from him and his self admitted negative influence. “To go back home! To have a career in … whatever the fuck you got that degree in! You could have gotten away from …”

From him. Aron knew that was what he meant without having to say it. Aron tucked his hands into the pockets of his jeans and shrugged his slim, yet toned shoulders. “I know.” He admitted. “I just didn’t want to.”

Aron suddenly found Fenris’s hand behind his neck, pulling him forward and their foreheads touched in a display of brotherly affection.

“Dumb ass!”

“The People’s Temple. The Branch Davidians. Sullivanians. Children of God. Heaven’s Gate. Five of the most notorious religious cults that had ever been formed throughout the years, and one of which is still operating until this very day. And, of course, the Good Shepherds. One of the most misguided Cults that has caught the public’s eye, using the world of professional wrestling as its personal fulcrum point. Cults, especially religious ones, creates controversy. And controversy means one thing.”

Aron rubbed his fingers together.

“Money. Power. And in the end, do those two ‘rewards’ not go hand in hand? Do they not tie together and bring about a better world - for the religion? Or, for the religious leaders? I’ve watched Father Gerald Shepherd and I can understand why the man has drawn so many people to his flock. I saw the meeting he had a few weeks ago with my brother and he made me actually feel sorry for him. Therein lies the power behind the man’s words. His charisma. It can’t be escaped, but it can be resisted. You look at a man like Gerald, and you see what they say is true; money and power? They corrupt equally.”

“Jim Jones. Joseph Di Mambro and Luc Jouret. Marshall Applewhite. All strong and charismatic religious leaders, and each man led his flock to its own, impending doom. Gerald has so much in common with these men, having built their empires from the ground up. I just hope the negative consequences of their own actions isn’t another of their collective paths that Gerald will follow in the footsteps of. I wish no harm on anyone, or at least, I try not to. But it’s hard when you sit back for as long as I have and watched Father Gerald and his brain washed offspring attack my brother on more than one occasion.”

“And you, David? You, I honest to god, actually feel sorry for. You see, I grew up in a loving home with a loving mother and father. And everything I have seen and heard tells me that you can’t say the same. Like any Cult leader, Gerald has brain washed his followers into believing every word he says and without question, follows his each and every command. And it’s been pretty clear from the very start of this whole issue between you and my brother, that you are little more than Daddy’s Little Soldier. Where you have a Father, my brother and I had a dad. A wonderful, loving dad who took care of us every bit as much as our mom did. When we were sick at night, he would sit at our bedside until we were well. When we needed help with school work, he sat with us until we understood it. And when we needed a box upside the ear, he used his words, and not a strap.”

“Spare the rod, spoil the child?”

“Words meant to discipline and instill respect, but in the end, would only result in pained memories of abuse and fear. A parent is supposed to inspire thoughts of love and respect. A parent should not be feared by their children.”

“You’ve had a rough life, David, if I’m judging correctly. Your father should have raised you with a loving hand, not a leather strap or the back of his hand. Life has been tough, and it is about to get quite a bit tougher. Because the Brothers Baltasarsson are teaming together for the very first time, and our bond as brothers? As a family? Is stronger than anything that is between your father and yourself.”

>
"Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near."
~ Volsunga Saga, c.19

World Heavyweight Champion - 1x - current
9-0-1
</color>
;