Author Topic: The Seraphim  (Read 609 times)

Offline Maki

• View Profile
    • Maki
The Seraphim
« on: March 12, 2021, 02:17:47 PM »
Distrust

Life had taken an extraordinary turn. Maki had made herself believe, to trust someone she knew could not be trusted. It had been a few months since the guy had tried to attack her when she was putting Bea Barnhart away, yet, the belief was there and they had won a couple of matches only to come unstuck and with that her ambitions of being champion of the internet had gone up in smoke as well as a chance at the bombshells title. This had gone more tits up than Chrystal Rose in the Sin City Head Office. She was so mad and this simpleton, whoever she was that Maki had to face, was going to face her full ire.

She sat at the Au Lac vietnamese vegan restaurant in downtown L.A in a pink halter top, dark black jeans and black ankle boots. She had full makeup on and put her hair in bunches. Across from her in an Alexander McQueen purple gown with her own ankle boots was Melissa’s sister Hannah. They were waiting for their starters as Hannah gulped down some coconut water and gagged and spat it all out on Maki’s face. She was very displeased.

“The actual flub!” She wiped her face with a napkin, her makeup ran across her face and she looked like her in-ring persona. “You’re such a salty bish you know that!”

Hannah smiled but it made her face look strange, with her head shaved and the skin wrinkled around her skull, “Melly, stop being a petulant child. To think I am the younger sister! Oh and stop using childish words for swears. It is not cute. Why did they give me coconut water for crying out loud. Luckily I didn’t get it on my own mug!”

Maki shook her head sadly. She didn’t know why she constantly put herself through this torture with her overly bitchy sister. It was always drama and she never helped her work through her issues. All she needed was someone to lean on and talk to who she trusted but it was plain she couldn’t trust her either.

As she was about to talk, a vietnamese woman in her thirties who was quite good looking underneath the mask, placed two bowls, vietnamese soup spoons and chopsticks for the pair. She pressed her hands together, she and Maki did the namaste as Hannah looked disgusted at her bowl. Melissa sat back and watched as Hannah brought up a round ball that looked like meat from her soup.

“What the hell is this, Melly? This isn’t the slightest thing like meat!

“IT’S A FLUBBING MOTHERJAMMING VEGAN RESTAURANT YOU BUFFOON!” Everyone turned around at their tables, she shot them a look and in a more hushed tone caiied on again, “I have carried you on my back like a fallen soldier. Literally, my whole flubbing life. I am tired of it. When I need emotional support I turn to Yukiko and want to know why? Of course you don’t but I will tell you anyway. She supports me, listens to me, holds me when I need to be held, shouts at me and argues with me when I am wrong but you...what do you ever do but belittle and antagonize me. Yes I messed up when I tried to kill myself but instead of making my life hell you should be happy that I am ALIVE you ungrateful little whore!”

Maki threw the hot soup on her sister's face and then slammed the bowl off the side of her head, blood started to pour as her head slumped onto the table. Maki threw down some dollar bills, gave everyone in the restaurant her usual evil glare and then whispered into her sister’s right bedazzled ear, “I distrust you, this is the last moment you will ever see of me, so feel that pain, feel that sorrow because that is all you have ever given me. I am not your surrogate to abuse anymore. It is now Maki vs the world!”

She stormed out and almost broke the hinges off the door, turned the corner and leaned against a sidewall and let out a sigh of relief. This has been coming and she had foolishly trusted people like her sister, like co-workers, management, tag team partners and now it was plainly obvious that this stupid dependency on others had been the downfall for her. It was time to do it alone, to be the woman she was, the mother jamming internet sensation, the one time so-called best in the world and it was high time she became that again. Whether it was myra or some unknown closet psycho she would annihilate everyone in her way.

The Seraphim

We open up inside an octagon, meshed in steel, Melissa Aki in shorts and a sports bra, practicing her Makihouse Kicks, her knees, forearm strikes, on various random people from the Makihouse Gym she owns in downtown Santa Barbara. She rolled out of the far door of the Octagon. She tied her ponytail tighter, grabbed a vitamin water bottle and downed it as she wiped the sweat from her face and sat down on a stool. She looked up at us, rolled her eyes, composed herself for a moment and a thin smile spread across her lips.

“I have been pacing back and forth, going over what happened two weeks ago, the hyperbolic bullshit that Myra Rivers has been spouting across twitter, being let down AGAIN by a so-called partner. This is exactly why I do not do tag matches. I carried him the quarter finals and when it came down to it he couldn’t even beat a batman villain rip-off. Myra went after my ankle, which as you know, kept me out of wrestling for four months, so I wasn’t able to bail his sorry arse out once again. I gotta say I would have done the same thing Myra, so I cannot get mad at your for that course of action, yet, your words to try to humiliate me rankle with me. You are a top champion, a great wrestler but your filthy attitude needs adjusting. So much so that I am now going to make it my quest in life to take that Internet championship from you and stop you progressing in Blast From The Past. I am going to haunt you, I am going to turn up and distract you and even if it is not me winning the god damn title then I will take solace in the fact I made you lose it and then I will defeat that ingrate and win that flubbing title. This is not over Myra. Not by a long shot. I am going to Makihouse Kick you as many times, and mention it as many times as I want, until I decapitate your head clean off your shoulders. That is a fact and I will happily go to prison for it. Welcome to your own version of black mirror! Every waking step I will be there and if I cannot then I will send the lovely Daniela to do it for me. You cannot escape. You are now firmly bound and gagged, hogtied to your inglorious future.”

She grabbed another bottle of water, as some man started to massage her thighs. Once he was done, she shooed him away and stared straight at the camera as it zoomed into her eyes which were black as night.

“Lucy Seraphina. Oh I know the name. I have heard it whispered, banded around for a long time but it wasn’t until I researched you, Luce, that I realised what a competitor I have before me on Sunday. You did well when you were here previously. Tag Champ. Internet champ. Seems like they give that title to anyone these days. A great history in other promotions as champion bit like me. This means do I not only have to watch out for your moves but now I know we have the similar killer instinct. Finally, someone who matches me, who will give hundred percent and will go for the kill but I can see the obvious overconfidence this brings. Literally, everyone I have ever faced has underestimated me. They were bigger, stronger, fatter, older, younger. You name it but what everyone did by the end of the match, whether they hated me, liked me or were indifferent, was to respect me and what I bring to the table because week in and week out I produce magic, I raise the flubbing roof off every arena I am in, i set fire to all the barns and am talked about forever, so yeah disrespect me, get your ego massaged and see what happens Lucia. One other interesting point to make is that she and I have another similarity.

“The obvious answer is that we are both cray. We both believe we have something inside us, that when we unleash it pure mayhem happens. I have a demoness and you have the beast. Imagine the unmitigated violence that could come forth in this match and it makes me salivate. I want your beast to come out in full force and let my Daniela take it on. How delicious would that be? Yet, I do not believe you will unleash this beast but maybe I can force your hand, maybe I will bust you wide open and lick every last morsel of your blood from your weakened skull. Maybe that will unleash it or maybe a little cute hairline fracture could do it. It doesn’t matter how good you are in that ring, if your inner beast comes out or not, whether Daniela comes out but I will be victorious for no other reason than I have to. I cannot slander Myra, I cannot take away what she values the most with a loss here. If I lose I become the biggest loser since Christina Rose Hilton Zdunich or whatever you want to call her became champion, I will be just as lost as the fans after all Evie and Alicia did to add value to it. I cannot allow this to happen. So burn me, break me, slice me in half, it will not change the outcome because I am not anyone’s fool anymore and when the bell rings your whole soul will be in jeopardy. I do not take you lightly but I have to win and I will win as there is no other jamming option!”

We fade to static as Maki storms away.