Author Topic: Lovergirl  (Read 689 times)

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
Lovergirl
« on: March 11, 2021, 07:01:02 PM »
San Diego, California
Jet City South

It had been almost a week since Ruby Steele had told Courtney Pierce that she had feelings for her and was crushing on her hard. It has also been that long since Courtney had really said anything to her. Despite living within the same household Courtney had found ways to avoid Ruby whenever the blue haired vixen had gotten near her. She had slammed the door in her face and had done everything in her power to keep her distance from her. Ruby didn’t know what to think of any of it as her mind was focused solely on her fellow gym mate. Ruby needed to clear her mind and that is when she found herself going to the Jet City South late at night. Ruby was instantly drawn to that of a punching bag. She didn’t bother putting any gloves on as she punched away at the bag. Tears were steadily flowing from her eyes as they hit the ground below.

“WHY WON’T YOU TALK TO ME, WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!”

With that Ruby punched the bag hard but she didn’t like how it was flicking back and forth so she slowly walked over to where the heavy bag was. She couldn’t help but kick it as hard as possible. She offered a long deep breath as more tears slowly escaped her eyes.

“WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE SILENCE, IF I DID SOMETHING COURTNEY YOU KNOW YOU COULD AT LEAST TALK TO ME RIGHT?!”

She was in frenzy as she started to throw multiple kicks and punches towards the bag. Ruby found herself getting over emotional and tired, and that is when she slowly started to slump to the ground. More tears fell from her eyes and she was just bawling uncontrollably. She stayed on the floor for a while before footsteps drew close to her. It wasn’t long a towel was shoved in front of her as a familiar voice called out to her.

“Bloody hell Prudence get ahold of yourself girl, you shouldn’t be getting this emotional especially when you have the entire world in your hands…”

Prudence slowly looked up and could see that her cousin Kate was standing right there. Prudence shook her head and grabbed the towel from her as she used it to wipe the tears from her eyes.

“Perhaps I don’t want to stop crying. What are you doing here Kath-Lyn?!”

The older Steele sat down on the floor next to her cousin. She let a smile slowly escaped her lips as she looked back at Ruby.

“The truth is I am here for you… Granted things are going really good with Cindy. I can’t believe she has agreed to carry Teddy and I’s child. She is four months pregnant and is in very high spirits. In five months there will be a baby that resembles my husband and me. I know Teddy had wanted this to happen for the longest, but to be honest I am afraid. I know I didn’t want to go through this. At first I kept on telling him that I didn’t want to give up on my wrestling career to sit on the sidelines but look at me now. I am barely active and really thinking about somebody other than myself…”

Kate shook her head as she kept her eyes on Ruby.

“But even though I am going through this after what the other Gem Stones told me I knew you needed me. They told me you had been leaving the house late at night, and there really wasn’t any other place you could go but here…What’s going on Prudence?!”

Prudence shrugs her shoulders as she looks back at her sister.

“I finally told Courtney how I felt about her. I know it was wrong to put the entire gym what I did but I couldn’t help it anymore. I had to tell her what was going through my mind. I had to give her the reason on why I picked on her so much…”

Kate just sits there dumbfounded as she nods her head in return.

“And?!”

Prudence shakes her head in disgust.

“And that is when she decided she was going to GHOST ME! I have tried to reach out to her ever since and she doesn’t even say anything in return. She lives in the room next to mine and whenever I try to come around she locks her door. She doesn’t even answer my DMs, my text messages, or anything. We went from being these bitter gym rivals to being absolutely nothing. I really don’t know what to do but I can’t go on like this! I need to get something from her in return! I refuse to keep going on and her acting like I don’t even exist!”

Kate just sits there as she nods her head in return with a giggle.

“I see…”

Ruby raises her eyes in return.

“I see?! I am pouring my heart out to you and the only bloody fucking thing you can say in return is that you see?! Last time I checked this wasn’t something that you should be laughing at. This is a serious matter and…”

Kate quickly cuts her off as she looks back at her.

“No… I wasn’t laughing at you. I am laughing because I honestly went through the same thing when I was in wrestling school. 10 years ago I was a student of Lyn Dallins at the All Star Wrestling Gym in Tampa Florida. I came to the gym around the same time as Misty Whitmore. We hated each other. I always tried to one up her and she tried to do the same in return. We both came from different backgrounds. I was a snobby rich trust fund brat and she was the youngest of five girls who came from nothing. Our attitudes were destined to collide and yet through all of that we somehow fell in love with each other…”

Prudence’s eyes light up.

“Really, and what did you do about your feelings?!”

Kate nods her head.

“What did you think I did, I pursued them… Misty and I got together. It was fun while it lasted but as fun as that might have been I couldn’t deny my Teddy when he dropped on his knees and presented me with an engagement ring. I was forced to make a choice, and I ultimately with the man who saved my life… However it didn’t stop Misty and I from becoming a great tag team and best friends…”

Prudence nods her head.

“I really don’t remember that… I didn’t really look into what you were doing until you got into SCW…So you are saying that maybe I shouldn’t pursue her, and that things won’t work out?!”

Kate smiles warmly.

“No I am not saying that at all… It wasn’t the first time I had feelings for somebody. A few years later I had feelings for Violet Ripley, Jenni Drew, and Mackenzie Roberts… There was so many people but I couldn’t really jump on my impulses because for the most part I was a taken woman and I had my Teddy. You however don’t have baggage. You are a free woman and if you really like Courtney by all means YOU NEED TO PURSUE IT! Don’t be in this gym crying over what COULD HAVE BEEN… You need to be driven at WHAT COULD BE! So go get the person you like…”

Prudence raises her eyes in return.

“Are you serious?!”

Kate nods her head.

“Of course I am serious. I know whenever your sister Sapphire talks you probably have a hard time listening to her advice but she’s not a STEELE like WE ARE…Her opinion is of that of a trashy MANCHESTER woman but that’s not you. I know the Steele in you wants to be persistent and sometimes you need to be annoying to get the answer you want. One way or another you shouldn’t be ignored, and I find it very hard for a woman who can get on EVERYBODY’S bloody nerves by shouting OUTRAGEOUS over and over again can’t figure out her own love life… So go home and you figure it out. Don’t be emotional… Go get her!!!”

Ruby nods her head as she quickly stands up as she dusts herself off.

“That’s right I AM A STEELE… NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN’T DO!!!”

Ruby is quickly out as she storms out of the building as Kate stands up yelling back at her cousin.

“Wait I didn’t mean now… It’s a little late to be…. Bloody hell….”

Moments later Ruby Steele found herself arriving at the Gem Stone mansion. It was late in the night as she quickly opened the door to the huge estate. In the living room the other two members of the band were on the couch watching a horror film along with a big bucket of popcorn. Sapphire opened her eyes in amazement as she glanced over at her sister.

“Prudence is everything okay?! Where are you going…?!”

Ruby however didn’t even answer her as she continued to walk. She walked up the stairs as she made her way towards Courtney’s room. She didn’t even bother knocking on the door as she instead decided to kick the door as hard as she could which caused it to swing off of the hinges. Courtney Pierce was sitting on the bed going through her phone and the commotion caused her to drop her phone to the floor near Ruby’s feet. Courtney quickly sat up as she glanced over at the blue haired woman.

“WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!”

Ruby quickly shook her head as she glared daggers into Courtney.

“What do you mean what is my problem?! For the past week you have been avoiding me. Last week I poured my entire heart out to you. I told you how I felt about you. I EVEN SERENADED YOU! Ever since you have been acting like I don’t exist… One way or another I WANT AN ANSWER from you and I AM NOT GOING TO GO ANYWHERE UNTIL I GET ONE FROM YOU!!!”

Courtney quickly gets off of the bed as she tries to grab her phone.

“YOU ARE CRAZY YOU KNOW THAT?! NOW GET OUT OF THE WAY SO I CAN GRAB MY PHONE!!!”

Ruby however picks up the phone from the ground as she does her best to keep it away from the taller woman.

“NO… YOU AREN’T GOING TO GET ANYTHING UNTIL YOU AND I TALK… AND ANOTHER THING…”

“DON’T LOOK AT THE SCREEN… GIVE THAT BACK RUBY… I AM NOT PLAYING WITH YOU?!”

Ruby’s eyes are immediately drawn to that of the phone screen. She can’t believe it as the phone is on Ruby’s Twitter Media files. It looks like Courtney had been cycling through all of Ruby’s photos. She immediately changes her tone as she looks back at Courtney.

“Wait… Have you been like looking at pictures of me?!”

Courtney finally snatches the phone away from Ruby as she looks right into Ruby’s eyes.

“I told you NOT TO LOOK and you just went and did it anyway…”

“WELL YOU CAN’T TELL SOMEBODY NOT TO LOOK, AND THEM NOT TO DO IT!!!”

Ruby takes a deep breath as she tries to calm down and looks back at Courtney.

“I still don’t know the meaning of it…”

Courtney takes a deep breath as she sits down on the bed.

“Isn’t it obvious… I have feelings as well…It has been hard to deny them…”

“And the reason you been avoiding me?!”

Ruby says passionately.

“I haven’t been really talking to you since you told me because I didn’t want these feelings we have for one another to be a distraction…I know deep down you have been trying to help me. I know you came out to ringside to try to help me win. I would be foolish if I didn’t see that… It’s just I don’t want to put you in a position where you would get extremely comfortable. You are on the verge of moving your career in a direction you can’t even fathom. However if you lose focus of what you have in front of you, you are going to lose this tournament. You did get past Mikah and that’s impressive but you did see who is left in the field right?!”

“I know and I have been focused on it ever since!”

Courtney shakes her head.

“I understand that but I just don’t want to be the reason why things wouldn’t go in your favor.”

“If I lose it would have NOTHING to do with you… It would be because I wasn’t ready to win, but I don’t need you to hold that over your head. If anything knowing how you feel about me mixed with how I feel about you would only propel me to do even better. I would have something to fight for and it wouldn’t be a weakness. It would actually be a strength to me and might give me the urge to win this whole thing…”

Courtney nods her head.

“Oh is that a fact, because that honestly sounds a little…”

Ruby smirks.

“Don’t you dare say it...”

“I was going to say adorable but on a serious note Ruby… I feel the same way you do… Please promise you will win… You came this far and…”

Ruby smiles again.

“Don’t worry about it… Now I have another incentive and something else that I am fighting for… It just gives me a bigger reason to win…”

“Good… You better not let me down… Perhaps after you can win we can move past the point of just feelings and talking about the discussion of ‘us’”

Ruby cracks a very wide grin.

“Us… Hearing that definitely makes ne have an urge not to lose… Don’t worry my Garnet… I won’t lose… I will persevere… I will win no matter the cost…”

Courtney nods her head.

“Good… Don’t say what you are going to do, be about it… Go do what everybody knows what you are capable of… Go make Jet City South proud…Then we can focus on your 23rd birthday THIS WEEKEND!!!”

Ruby smiles as she nods her head in return.

“Don’t worry about it… You can enjoy the rest of your night. I will let you go back to ooogling over me!”

With that Ruby smiles closing the door behind her. She walks down the stairs and out the house as she sprints at top speed shouting at the top of her lungs.

‘OH EM GEE SHE REALLY LIKES ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Is the only thing that Ruby can muster out as she has an over the top excited expression on her face.

Damn…

You know I am going to be truly honest with all of you. I never imagined that I would be in this position right now. As I glance at all of the teams left in this Blast From The Past I have come to the conclusion that one team is definitely not like the others. Each team seems to be strong in so many ways. Let’s just analyze the men that are left. First up you have my very own partner Mark Cross. At one point he was the man in SCU. He was their top champion and in SCW he managed to win this tournament just last year. You have my opponent Cassian who I could say is just like me and is only a rookie but since being in SCW he has already gone on to become a champion.

Despayre won this very event and is a Hall of Famer and of course Mac Bane is the best male to have signed with SCW in a very long time and is somebody who is worthy of all of the hype he receives. On the other end of the spectrum you have Myra Rivers who is shattering every single record she possibly can with the Internet Championship. You have Amber Ryan who has been a huge threat since coming here and could very well be your next SCW World Bombshell Champion, and nobody can forget the Hall of Famer that is Roxi Johnson, a woman that has just about accomplished everything and is a Grand Slam Champion.

This tournament is star studded but then I can’t help but glance at myself. I have only been wrestling professionally for three months. I don’t have any shiny accolades or haven’t built up any hype that anybody else has in this tournament. One of the people left is certainly not like the others and the fact that I have made it this far is truly outrageous.

Even to this very day I still haven’t that breakthrough moment that I have been waiting for in this tournament. I know that I love to talk up the fact that I am undefeated but I have been carried by Daniel J. Morgan and Mark Cross. The only reason I am as far as I am in this tournament is because they brought me here and that doesn’t sit well with me.

I don’t want people to think that I don’t have the ability to hold my own. I didn’t come through Jet City South just to get carried to success. No I put all of that hard work in wrestling school so I could make a name for myself.

A name free from just being Kate’s little cousin…

A name free from just being Mikah’s little protégé…

I came through so I could be my own woman and regardless of my position in the band the fact is I don’t play back up for anybody. My name may not hold the same weight as everybody else but I know that I can hold my own.

This week will be the truest test though because standing opposite of me is Roxi Johnson. How is it going Roxi. It seems like it’s our destiny for us to collide with one another in the ring. I can respect you for being a super hero. That is an amazing thing to be. Being a super hero means you are always ready to fight to save the day. You are here to bring balance to everything, and are ready to showcase why you are one of the top tier bombshells in the history of the company.

That much I can respect about you but what I don’t appreciate is the fact that I tried to offer an olive branch to you. On multiple times I tweeted at you and said maybe we should jam out together and what did I get in return?!

Not a single thing…

Who could have thought that one of the nicest people on the roster could be a total Bitch?!

That is when it dawned on me. As great of a legend Roxi Johnson might be which includes so many accolades. The year 2020 was absolutely horrible for her. Sure she might have won feud of the year along with Amber Ryan but if you look at her year as a whole. She primarily lost most of her huge marquee matches at the Super Cards. She had a great defense against Bobbie Dahl but other than that she LOST EVERY SINGLE SUPER CARD MATCH… I will give her the fact that she managed to win one against Amber Ryan but as a whole she had lost that feud. She lost the Queen of a Day Match and even going as far as this year she just lost to Andrea Hernandez. When is the last time she really managed to get that huge win?!

On top of that do you remember that big speech she had when she was the World Champion?! She talked up the fact that people would NEED to earn their title shots. They would have to pave their own way and prove they were deserving of a chance to move to the next level. As soon as she talks up that nonsense she manages to lose her title to Crystal Hilton and hasn’t had gold ever since. She dropped the ball against my cousin Kate in trying to pursue the Internet Championship.

If that doesn’t make matters worse she couldn’t even beat her wife for the championship!

Although we can say that she had earned her chance at Keira but let’s just call a bloody spade a spade. The only reason that she was able to get that title opportunity in the first place is because her best friend put her in a stupid golden contract match. It’s not like she had earned her chance to be there. She was HANDPICKED…

On top of that what’s the point of trying to be all heroic like telling everybody that they should go earn their bloody chances so balance can be brought to a division WHEN YOUR OWN WIFE GOES OUT THERE AND BEGS FOR A TITLE MATCH, and after losing her title promises to be a hard fighter and earn her shot just like you preached but goes against her word AND ASKS FOR A REMATCH ANYWAY?!

I see the words that you spew from your mouths don’t apply to your own household. Then again this is the same people who preached about being heroes and as soon as the pandemic hit couldn’t be arsed to stay in the mandated hotel because you were out and about in Tampa, and God knows where else?!

It’s a bunch of poppycock if you ask me. The rules should apply to everybody. The reality is between the both of our teams I need this win more than you do, and a win from me would be even more interesting.

The world has already seen you against Christina and Amber. You had lost your title to Christina and you lost the feud with Amber. You honestly think being in the ring with either of them again would have a different result?! For that matter the way I see it you are extremely far on the totem pole as you just lost a big match to Andrea.

Deep down in your heart you know that this match is your way to get back to the top because Lord knows your performances from your last single matches haven’t warranted you to being in a top spot. Then again maybe you want to win this tournament for different reasons altogether.

After all you had made it to the finals of the very first tournament and it resulted in a lost. Perhaps you want that win so you can just add it to your already established Hall of Fame career. Just another accomplishment in the trophy case of the Johnsons, am I right?!

Here is where I have a huge problem with that. You have already ascended to the top of different occasions. The fans don’t want to see the same old faces in the main event. Sometimes they want to see new blood and fresh faces, and I represent that ideal. I have only been wrestling for three months and for my short time of being a wrestler I have already accomplished so much.

I know I might have Bitched and moaned that I didn’t get a Roulette Championship match, and felt I was deserving of it. I have come to the conclusion that perhaps I was setting the bar way too low. If I am going to chase after something I might as well go straight to the top from the very beginning.

Up until this point it has been the Mark Cross show but what better way to showcase I am ready for whatever challenge SCW has to offer than by going through a Hall of Famer. You will be the ultimate test and the only way I can get to where I want to be is by going through you.

On the other side of the bracket are two women that I need to get into the ring with because both of them would be personal matters. If I get past you I could step into the ring with Amber Ryan, a woman who is already granted the very prize that we are working so hard to obtain. She is already getting a title shot but beating her would prove that I was able to conquer a woman who you lost a feud with. There is also Myra Rivers a woman who is proving to be an ageless wonder. She is a woman that I absolutely despise as she constantly talks up the fact that she is shattering every single Internet Championship record which is a slap in the face of my big cousin Kate. She beat Kate to earn that championship, and Kate couldn’t overcome that hurdle so how would it look if I managed to do what she couldn’t do?!

That’s not the only reason I need to beat you though. I made a promise to a special someone that I would win this entire tournament. I wouldn’t let anything distract me or deter me from doing what I need to get done. By winning not only will I be close to superstardom but I will be much closer to focusing on the potential LOVE OF MY LIFE and I won’t let you get in the way of that!

You don’t scare me Roxi and I refuse to lose on my Birthday weekend. The day after Climax Control represents my Birthday and at the age of 23 I want this entire company to acknowledge me as being the star of the future. I want them to acknowledge me as being the woman to carry this company to new heights. For me to even say that right now would truly be OUTRAGEOUS but it won’t be that if I manage to get past you.

I know it might seem silly for this little girl from London to dream big, but I didn’t travel all the way from Europe giving up my spot in the guildhall school of music and drama in London to not become something. No I did so because I knew this would be my path to being great and I am on the verge of becoming larger than life.

I know when people look at me they might just think I am simply a bass player, a backup vocalist, and I am walking in the shadows of somebody else’s spotlight but I am much more than that.

This woman will emerge from being just a band member to being a solo act. However in order to get to that point I need to be able to showcase that I can work with a man who has already won this tournament.

He has already proven that he has what it takes to get him to the next level. Now I need to showcase that I have that same ability, and if you didn’t realize it, I know for a fact that I do.

Up until this point I haven’t lost a single match yet. I have managed to overcome every single challenge that has been put in front of me and this match is certainly no different. I have already beaten my very own mentor in Mikah and she is considered to be the best of the best. If I can get through her I damn sure know I can get past you Roxi, and I can get past anybody that is put in front of me.

If I had to sum up how I feel about fighting you Roxi in the form of music. I would say in a complete Avril Lavigne way things might be COMPLICATED. Deep in my heart I know I have to show you some R-E-S-P-E-C-T like Aretha would. After all you are a super hero and your powers are fighting to make things fair and to showcase that things can be achieved the right way.

There are people out there that are HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO so you could swoop in like a white knight on a fiery steed to make your way to the finals.

If that’s what people want they might as well keep on holding out till the end of the night maybe even longer because despite what Bonnie Tyler might think it damn sure won’t happen on Climax Control.

I know deep in my heart I have the talent. I will keep LIVING ON A PRAYER as I go on this JOURNEY of being the absolute best.  If you didn’t guess by now I WON’T STOP BELIEVING

There is no bombshell left in the field that is as passionate as I am. So bring whatever you got Roxi. Launch every single thing against me but through it all you will see for yourself that I’M STILL STANDING and nothing will break me.

ROXANNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Perhaps you should put on the red light because your journey in the tournament officially comes to a stop on Sunday Night.

My name is Ruby Steele and through heaven and hell, or THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES I won’t rest until my hands are raised and my ticket is punched to the grand finale of the Blast From The Past Tournament.

Good luck Roxi you certainly will need it, but nothing will stop me from becoming a QUEEN and if you didn’t know by now Mark and I… WE WILL ROCK YOU Cheers love see you on Sunday…

user posted image

user posted image