Author Topic: Chapter 2: Liar Liar  (Read 694 times)

Offline The Seraphinas

• View Profile
    • Lucy Seraphina
Chapter 2: Liar Liar
« on: February 26, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »
Book 1: Halo Black
Chapter 2: Liar Liar

“Whisper whisper in the dark
Tell me what you see
Poisoned by your fly infested poetry
Liar liar on the wall
Give the world to me
A wasteland or a monarchy?
Liar liar...
Tell me what you see...”- Liar Liar, Kamelot

Part 1- The search
Off Cam

Lucy may have lost but that wasn’t going to bring her down; But back in Moscow, she had some assassin business to take care of. Maxim, her cousin and fellow assassin met up with her on Bolshevik Island.

“Hey Cousin.” Maxim smiled.

Lucy pulled her hood down.

“Good evening Max, so what are we doing tonight?” Lucy asked.

Maxim passed her a glass, filled with blood wine. Lucy took a sip about it and the taste hit her mouth. It had been ages since she had a drop.

“We need to find Stefan.” Maxim sighed.

Ah yes, Stefan Lajoie, the old pain in the ass of the Magi-Blood, better know in the Magi-Blood world as Zeus; somehow came back from the dead and the whole timeline got wacked out. The timeline was restored but those who came back from the dead are still alive. Athena, Mel’s kid can now age slide because her olderself coming through time.

“So we do need to kill him eventually?” Lucy asked.

“Yeah...we don’t have a choice, tie up loose ends, that means Tanja needs to go too. At least Raphael and Rachel’s Dad is dead.”

Alexander Rosangela, the abuser.

“So we can stop corruption right?” Lucy said.

“Yeah…” He nodded.

Corruption, the enemy of both man and magi-blood.

Both Maxim and Lucy look out toward the sea, staying silent; they knew taking out ones who they love wouldn’t be easy but it had to be done. The wind picked up and Maxim turned to his cousin.

“Anyways the mission?” Lucy asked.

“Right, so I hear that he’s been spotted around here in a hotel/bar.” Maxim explained.

“He can’t drink, he’s addicted to that, sex and drugs.” Lucy blinked.

“He knows that we’re coming for him, I guess he’s trying to party it up and maybe get some people knocked up.” Maxim replied.

The two started to walk the frozen tundra towards the inner island. They knew that there was a small town here at least, maybe Stefan was there. The town was quiet as it started to snow, the two Russian Magi-Bloods were able to withstand freezing temps. Maxim and Lucy kept an eyes out for him.

“I hate doing this.” Lucy told Maxim.

“Yeah, I know but we need to do this.” Maxim replied.

They could see the bar and hotel, the name translated into english is “The Red Spot”, Lucy rolled her eyes and Maxim and her entered it. The bar was nearly empty, save for a few people.

“I’ll talk to the patrons, you talk the bar tender.” Maxim said.

Lucy nodded and walked over to the bartender.

“Hello, what can I get you?” The bartender asked.

Lucy turned her phone to him.

“You seen this man?” She asked.

The bartender leans over to look at the photo.

“Yeah, he was here, rented a room for a week, supposed to be leaving in the next few days. Heard he’s going to Denmark. Guy bought a lot of vodka while being here.” The bartender replied.

“Any idea where he’s at now?” Lucy asked.

“Nah but if you stick around, he’ll turn up. Why, you his baby mama?”

“No, but I need to find him.”

“Room 100. Here.”

The Bartender tossed her a key and Lucy placed down some money for a thank you. Her and Maxim meet up outside. Lucy lifts up the key and nods. The two went next door and started to look for Stefan’s room. The two had to be careful, if Stefan found out they were there he’d run.
98…

99…

Maxim stayed near Lucy as she went to open the door. Lucy turned the key and silently open the door; the two carefully walked into the room. Maxim flipped on the light switch…

Blood.

There was blood everywhere, both Seraphinas were in shocked.

“What the hell?!” Maxim yelled.

Lucy ran into the room and started to check the room. The bathroom was empty, he wasn’t under the bed. She started to shake and Maxim held his cousin.

“He’s not here but what the hell?” Lucy’s voice was shaking.

“This isn’t good, I can tell that this was some type of ritual.” Maxim looked.

“Damn it. Do you know what it was?” Lucy asked.

Maxim started to look around for clues. Lucy had a bad feeling and started to help Maxim find anything.

“I’d need to see the library, this is something I have no idea about.” Maxim replied.

Lucy was hoping to be able to get this done but now it was drawn out more. The two assassins heard the door slammed shut.

“It’s a trap!”

Part 2 – Time to rock
On Cam

Lucy flung her body landing in the parking lot of the Park Theater; She landed in the superhero pose and got up. She looked up and saw where her next fight would be. But that in general was the life of Lucy; she wasn’t raised to be prim and proper, no SCW knew Lucy was a survivor. That was her family in general, they knew how to survive. They were living better lives with the family company of Angel Corp making things for the red market; but they enjoyed wrestling and nothing would change that. Making a difference to someone that watches made all the difference.
[/i]
“Moonlight Sonata” started to play on Lucy’s phone and she picked it up.

“Hey Rachel what’s going-”

“Have you seen the file?!” Rachel yelled into the phone.

Lucy sighed wishing her older half sister wouldn’t yell like that. But that was Rachel Rosangela for you, the British woman was always angry. They didn’t call her Rachel Rage for nothing and right now Lucy was missing her.

“No, I haven’t why?” Lucy replied.

“Well you’re facing a Brit and you won’t believe the name.” Rachel said.

“Well my older half sister from London, you’re gonna tell me anyways.” Lucy laughs.

“Apple Coren.” Rachel told Lucy.

You guys know that look of when someone was so done, they wanted to just leave? That was Lucy right now. Just hearing the name made her think what the hell is wrong with her parents. Lucy shakes her head and walks into the place.

“Like Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin’s kid?” Lucy asked.

“Yeah.” Rachel replied.

“Holy shit, I feel for her, wouldn’t put it past her being bullied.” Lucy sighed.

“Actually she’s a “Lady” and basically-” Lucy cut her off.

“Someone who has been sheltered most of their lives, acts like a spoil brat, thinks they can fight but nine times out of ten get their ass beat?”

“Bingo, Sis.” Rachel chuckled.

Lucy wasn’t sure if she wanted to laugh at this over the fact that this whole thing has gone upside down or if it was out of aggravation. Lucy opened the door to the place and walked in, plenty of workers bustling around like bees. Lucy smiled.

“Honestly be careful though, I wouldn’t put it past her to try something sleazy.” Rachel informed her.

“Yeah, I’ll be careful. Shit I’m usually good about this.” Lucy said.

“Yeah, but you’ve been busy with the mission.” Rachel added.

That was true but Lucy would still kick herself for it. Thankfully Lucy didn’t have far to go, she opened the door to her locker room and sat down.

“Hey, I better get going; Claude is taking me out to dinner.” Rachel said.

“Yeah, tell ‘em I say hi.” Lucy put on a weak smile.

“Will do.”

Click…

Lucy placed her phone down and shut her eyes for a moment. Lady Apple Coren, flashed through her mind. Lucy opened her eyes and looked around; it was quiet and Lucy needed to think. The file was next to her and Lucy started to read it.

“Lucy-”

“Can you shut up, I’m trying to read.” Lucy said her famous line.

“Oh! I’m sorry I can come back later.” The voice said.

Lucy was a speed reader, she could digest quickly. Lucy snapped the file shut and looked up to see her old friend Pussy Willow.

“P! I’m sorry.” Lucy smiled.

“Hey it’s fine, I’m basically used to this now a days.” Pussy returned the smile.

The two friends hug.

“You mind if I do the usual?” She asked.

“Yeah, that’s fine.” Lucy nodded.

A camera man ran in and waited for Pussy to give the signal. She does and it was a-go-go!

“I’m here with SCW’s Angelic Assassin, Lucy Seraphina.” Pussy said to the camera.

It pans to Lucy before going for a wide shot.

“P, great to see you again.” Lucy said.

“Always great to see you, so last match it didn’t go the way you wanted, you both gave it a good shot. This week you face Apple Coren, your thoughts?” Pussy asked.

Lucy smirked; oh it’s that time of the night where Lucy just goes ham.

“Well after finally read the file oh I’m gonna have fun with this one. You see Pussy, Apple loves to run her mouth but how many times does she truly back her words up? Oh I’ll give you an answer, rarely. Seriously what is this your rebel phase because you’re sick of the way Daddy treats you?

“News flash Princess, this isn’t a game! You’re gonna talk trash and say how you’re gonna beat me and that last week wasn’t a fluke. I’m out for blood, I’m out for the hunt and frankly my dear, save your damn words. I don’t care and they won’t even phase me any. I’m here to be the best and to beat the best, you, you just prance and think you run the place. You don’t get to pick and choice your fights, you don’t demand title shots and honestly, I’ll enjoy our match.

“I enjoy taking spoiled brats like you down, they need to understand how the real world works. You can see this as a punishment from both Mark and Chris for being a rotten apple...yeah you see what I did there, maybe you were bullied in school for having a name like apple; hell maybe you had your own version of the Mean Girls, and no we’re not talking about the amazing stable in SCW.

“Know this match won’t be easy, this match will be hard and you might just want to run...thing is you won’t be able to run, you won’t be able to hide; I am an assassin, I find my targets and take them out. Simple as that, it’s not an easy job, it’s not for the emotionally weak either. Honestly, Mark, Chris...thanks. Maybe they’re asking me to be an assassin for them.”

Lucy pauses and Pussy tries to keep a neutral facial expression.

“And you want to be mean to Pussy, nah that isn’t gonna fly. I’ll be glad to stick my blade down that throat and cut your damn tongue out. I guess that saying is right, ladies should be seen not heard. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to be a lady? Yeah...and I’m the Queen of Russia.

“Oh what’s that? I can’t hear you over the sounds of you screaming and me peeling you. And I promise by the end of this match, you’ll be screaming for your Daddy to share you. No one is going to save you, not a guard, not staff, no one. For all I care you can pppttt jog on! Yeah I watch and love “Hot Fuzz” what are you gonna do about it?

“Apple, I want you to stop and think about your words; I’m pissed and trust me when I say this, don’t fuel it.”

Her eyes turn red in anger and not hunger.

“I am someone you want to keep on your good side and not an enemy. Cross me and you’ll pay for it in the ring. When I said that I was coming back and going to the top, I meant it. So humor me Apple, will I have to bite you, or are you gonna run like the little lady you are? All I can say is good luck.”

“Thank you Lucy and this has been Pussy Willow!”

Fade to black...