Author Topic: “Disappointment.”  (Read 535 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“Disappointment.”
« on: February 26, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »
(Mark was used with permission from Mark’s handler, Gabriel was used with permission from his handler)

Despite being a highly touted team, Team Dragon and Wolfe were eliminated in round one of the Blast from the Past Tournament after drawing a rough round one opponent in the form of Amber Ryan and Despayre,  now Krystal was shifting her focus back to singles competition and she didn’t have to wait long to get her next match as she was taking on Char Kwan in singles action, Char had been enthralled in a feud with Jessie Salco of late but Krystal was getting desperate for her first win on the main roster, can Krystal pick up the win?

Backstage at Climax Control 292, Las Vegas Nevada
Sunday the 21st of February 2021, 23:00pm

God damn it!

Another week, another fucking loss! Oh, sure, I can say that I didn’t take the pin, I can say that Mark was pinned by Despayre and that I hung with one of the best wrestlers (and worst people but that’s another story) in the company in Amber but at the end of the night it doesn’t fucking matter, I lost, again!

Did I make the right call by signing that contract in November? Should I have waited just a little bit longer and establish myself down in SCU first? Was all this a mistake?

Before you ask, yes, I’ve seen next week’s card, and yes, I know I’m in singles action against Char Kwan and who knows? Maybe Jessie will throw me a bone and cost her the match against me as well? Not like she doesn’t have enough on her plate already, right?

I know I can do this! I was trained by Gabriel and Odette Stevens for fuck’s sake! Then why the fuck can’t I pick up a fucking win?!

Since me and Mark returned to the back after the tag team match I had pretty much isolated myself from the rest of the roster as best I could whilst I dealt with the storm of self-doubt that was going through my mind at the time, I had my Nintendo Switch with me as always, so I tried to set aside those negative thoughts by doing what I did best outside of wrestling, namely gaming on Super Mario Maker 2.

In hindsight, doing so by playing a Troll Level wasn’t the best idea.

“Damn it, not the softlock again!” I grunted in annoyance as I accidentally headed into the softlock room again, maybe I should save this for the next Mario Maker 2 Live Stream. “One more tries and I’m heading home, it’s getting late as it is.”

“Krystal?” I heard Mark’s voice ring out and I glanced up seeing Mark Cross nearby, I quickly put my Switch in Sleep Mode and pocketed it before turning to him. “I thought you left after our match.”

“Believe me, I was tempted too.” I grumbled in response as I let out a deep breath. “Aside from holding my own against Amber, the most I can say about that match is that I didn’t take the pin.” I added and Mark nodded in understanding. “And off course, certain idiots are saying that you got screwed by the draw because the reigning champ is out in the first round.”

“Andrea, right?” Mark asked and I nodded before he shook his head. “Don’t let her get to you, I took it to mean that I got screwed by being drawn against Amber and Despayre rather than getting you as a partner.”

“Uh huh, then explain that exchange with Evie.” I pointed out with a grunt and Mark frowned. “Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about.”

“That was nothing, I was only returning for the tournament anyway.” Mark assured me and I let out a deep breath before nodding. “Something’s eating at you, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, this fucking rut I’ve been in since I debuted on the Main Roster.” I responded as I let out an annoyed huff. “I could handle my first two losses to Andrea and Tempest, I wanted to face the best and they gave it to me with Andrea and Tempest? I underestimated her and that bit me big time.” I added before running a hand through my hair. “The Roulette Contender’s Match wasn’t too bad because I wasn’t pinned in that match b back to back losses against Ruby and in tonight’s match? I’m starting to wonder if I made the right choice.”

“By joining the Main Roster when you did?” Mark asked and I nodded without hesitation. “Look, I haven’t known you that long, but you’ve seriously impressed me in the short time I’ve known you, don’t let a few losses get you down, not everyone gets to debut with an undefeated streak.”

“Maybe, but I’d better start picking up wins soon.” I sighed and almost on cue Mark got next week’s card out. “I’ve already seen it and I know I’m facing Char Kwan next week, surprised they gave you the card since you’re not sticking around.”

“The stage hand said that it was standard practice.” Mark explained and I nodded as I got the idea. “Have you talked to your trainers about this?”

“Gabriel and Odette? Not really, but I’m scheduled to help at the Go Gym tomorrow, so I’ll chat with them then.” I nodded before Mark went to leave. “One last question Mark, I get to keep the shirt, right?” I asked as I motioned to the Dragon and Wolfe shirt that was hanging over the chair alongside the rest of my street clothes.

“I don’t have much use for women’s clothing so yeah, you can keep it.” Mark assured me and I grinned in response. “I’m going to head off and I suggest you do the same, the arena’s closing up shop soon.”

“Sure, my switch is dying anyway.” I nodded before I followed my one time tag team partner to the parking lot where we said our last goodbyes before heading home.

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 25th of February 2021, 11:00am

The past week has just flown by.

And despite helping at the Go Gym, I never had a chance to chat with Gabriel or Odette about my mounting frustration with my ever increasing win/loss record because it was either they were too busy or I was too busy to bring it up and, well, running the Go Gym is a full time job.

I should know, I graduated from that damn place.

“Babe, you know you can’t keep this bottled up.” Makayla reminded me as we had our weekly skype chat, delayed by a few days because of her work schedule and in the case of yesterday, getting the COVID-19 vaccine which left her too drained to join in with the weekly D&D session, much less chat with me over Skype leaving me to play her character and DM which was not fun. “I get that your frustrated but it’s not healthy!”

“Don’t you think I know that?! I tried keeping my mental health issues stemming from my broken homelife bottled up for years and I’m on anti-depressants now!” I pointed out as I ran a hand down my face. “Char Kwan is probably looking at this like it’s an easy win for her, never mind the calibre of those I’ve lost matches too.”

“Andrea, Tempest, Royal Purple AKA the current Roulette Champ, Ruby, as much as you hate to admit it and Amber Ryan, at least in two of those matches you weren’t involved in the decision.” Makayla pointed out and I quickly nodded in agreement. “You’ll get out of the rut babe, even if it’s against Char on Sunday.”

“I’d better, otherwise I might start doubting that I made the right choice.” I sighed before deciding to change the subject. “How you feeling after the jab?”

“Good, hopefully my second jab won’t be too long a wait.” Makayla nodded before rubbing her left arm. “My arm still feels a bit tender, but I should be good for next week’s session, any idea when you’re getting your jab?”

“Nope but as far as I’m concerned. Sooner I get it, the better.” I responded as I shook my head before there was a knock at the door. “I’d better get that it’s probably Team Go checking on me.”

“If it is, tell them I said hi.” Makayla nodded before she ended the Zoom call and I went to answer the door, it was someone from the Go Gym, but it wasn’t the first person I expected to say the least.

Not everyday that the guy who runs the training school you graduated from pays you a home visit after all. “I hope your well Charlotte.” Gabriel greeted me after I opened the door to greet him, face mask and all. “Ari and Carter are starting to get worried about you.”

“Off course they are.” I grumbled before stepping aside to let my mentor in, once he was in, I closed the door behind him and sat down opposite him in the living room. “Since my loss in the first round of the Blast from the Past, I’ve been wondering if I made the right choice in signing that Main Roster contract last November.”

“Charlotte if I didn’t think you were ready, I wouldn’t have encouraged you to take that contract.” Gabriel assured me and I let out a deep breath. “No one stays winless forever, not even Jessie Salco.”

“Yeah, she’s won both of her matches this year and she’s in line for a World Bombshell Title Shot, provided she gets back on Mark’s good side.” I nodded as I got the idea. “My most important matches to date were that Roulette Number One Contender’s Match last month that led to GRIME holding main roster gold and the Blast from the Past match against Amber and Despayre and the most I can say about those matches is that I didn’t take the pin! Aside from that? I’ve yet to win a single match on the main roster and I’ve had more matches than Tempest!”

“And Tempest’s record hasn’t been spotless, she suffered her first loss at Inception IV.” Gabriel pointed out and I nodded with an annoyed huff. “You’ll get your first win Charlotte, just remember that you wouldn’t be in this position if I didn’t think you could handle it.”

“I know, but at the rate I’m going I’ll be twenty-six before I finally get my first win.” I responded with an annoyed sigh and Gabriel nodded before we continued talking for a while longer.

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 26th of February 2021, 18:00pm

*promo time*

It’s high time that I got out of this rut, and Char Kwan is just the woman to do it against.

“My main roster career so far has been one disappointment after another, first I lost against Andrea, then against Tempest, then I lost that Fatal Four Way that led to Royal Purple getting her first main roster title, Then to Ruby and last week I lost in the first round of Blast from the Past, but this Sunday’s match against Char Kwan is when that losing streak comes to a screeching halt! Char, I hope your mind isn’t too focused on Jessie because this Sunday you have a Go Gym graduate sharing the ring with you!”

This will be good.

“Char, I don’t know what your beef with Jessie is considering that she tried to help you beat Evie in that street fight but if you couldn’t handle one Go Gym Graduate from the Land Down Under, what makes you think that you can handle someone younger, hungrier and in search of her first Main Roster win? Spoiler alert, you can’t, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain in this match and I’m not about to let this losing streak continue a week further!”

Not that it’ll be that easy.

“Oh, sure, you’ve had some success in the tag team ranks as part of Gamers Inc. including a Mixed Tag Team Title run but single’s competition is a whole different ballgame Char and you’ve yet to meet the same success, the last time you fought for a title was it High Stakes X against Johanna but since then? You haven’t even had a sniff of gold and as a fellow gamer, I have to say that your wrestling skills aren’t exactly on par with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!”

Then again, whose is?

“In fact, I’ll say that a closer comparison is the Call of Duty franchise, once great but lost your way and that’ll only be further proven this Sunday on Climax Control where I finally pick up my first Main Roster win over you! And as for Super Nintendo Chalmers or whatever your manager’s name is, try to stay out of the match for your own good old man because otherwise all he’ll get in response is a punch to the face!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“This Sunday is when the disappointment ends as far as I’m concerned because I’m well overdue a Main Roster win as I move on from the Blast from the Past Tournament and onto focussing on my singles career and unfortunately for you Char, I think you’ll be too busy thinking about Jessie to realize that your about to be brought down by the Down Under Thunderbomb courtesy of “Down Under Thunder” Krystal Wolfe!”

I went off to start my stream as the scene fades.