Author Topic: Why So Angry?  (Read 580 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Why So Angry?
« on: February 26, 2021, 02:20:05 AM »
Monday February 8th
Father and Son Reunited At Last

It has been almost a full week since the judge granted O’Malley full custody of his son, Owen. He had given Owen’s grandparents one week to turn Owen back over to his father, and while the deadline for that is twenty-four hours away, Colleen and Andrew Waters had decided they would do so today. Despite the judge’s decision, even after their own actions being the deciding factor, they were still against giving custody back to O’Malley. But O’Malley and Darcy were more excited than anything.

The closer they get to the Waters’ house, the more anxious O’Malley gets. He grips the steering wheel with his left hand, while he keeps his right hand planted on the gearshift and Darcy’s hand rests on top of it. She turns and looks to him, gently squeezing his hand in the process.

Darcy: Babe, I know you’re nervous about how this is going to go, but relax. This is the day we’ve been waiting for, right?

O’Malley: I know it is, Darc, they’re still Owen’s grandparents. I don’t want there to be any drama today. I just want things to go smoothly fer Owen’s sake.

Darcy nods and looks ahead as O’Malley turns onto the street that the Waters’ live on. She smiles, knowing they’re just minutes away from finally getting Owen back.

Darcy: Well hopefully they wouldn’t make the mistake of causing a scene after everything they did to try and keep him from you. Everything will be fine. Trust me.

O’Malley: Ye know, I still haven’t figured out what Alistair said to the judge. I know what Misty’s parents did was wrong, but somethin’ tells me that what Alistair said was the decidin’ factor.

They finally pull up just outside the Waters’ home, and O’Malley puts the car in park. O’Malley looks at the front window and sees Owen staring through the curtain. He quickly disappears and before he and Darcy get out of the car, O’Malley looks at his wife and takes in a deep breath.

Darcy: Ready for this?

O’Malley: More ready than I’ve ever been, love.

They both then step out of their car just as the front door to the house opens. Colleen walks out with a couple of bags with Owen’s clothes and a few of his belongings. Andrew is behind her and he has a hold of Owen’s hand. Of the two, he looks more distraught. Darcy looks to Owen and waves at him.

Colleen: This is most of his clothes and a few of his favorite toys. I hope you don’t mind us keeping everything else.

She hands the bags over to O’Malley and he nods.

O’Malley: That’s fine. We’ve got plenty at home fer him anyway.

Owen: Am I not gonna see Grandma and Grandpa again?

Silence. Dead silence is what follows as Owen asks such a heartbreaking question and all eyes focus on him. Andrew reaches down and lifts Owen into his arms, hugging his grandson tight. Colleen rubs Owen’s back and O’Malley has to put that thought out of Owen’s mind quickly.

O’Malley: Of course yer gonna see them again, kiddo. Yer just not gonna live with them. It’s gonna be an adjustment fer all of us though, ain’t it?

Owen sniffles and nods his head slowly. O’Malley then looks to Colleen before addressing her.

O’Malley: Do ye mind if we talk in private fer a second?

Colleen: There’s really nothing to—

O’Malley: Please…

O’Malley does his best to be genuine and civil with his former mother-in-law. She thinks for a moment, looks to Andrew and then shrugs. She and O’Malley then step several feet away to talk in private, though it’s clear she wants no part of it.

O’Malley: Look, I know this ain’t easy fer the both of ye. And I’m sorry, but I want ye to know that I’m not gonna keep Owen from seeing any of ye. Misty never would have wanted that.

Colleen: What gives you the right to say anything about Misty or what she would have wanted? Do you think she would have wanted her son to live with that witch you married?

Colleen shakes her head.

Colleen: No, she wouldn’t. Let me make something clear. This was more about protecting Owen from her than from you, O’Malley. And I’m telling you, if he gets hurt in any way shape or form because of something she says or does? Well, I think you get where I’m going with this.

O’Malley: Ye don’t need to protect him from Darcy. I know at first ye saw her say some terrible things about Misty, but we’re past all that. Ye know the impact that Misty had on everyone. All Darcy wants is to not be judged because she’s been through a hell of a lot over the years because of my relationship with Misty. But I know nothin’ I say will change yer opinion of her.

Colleen rolls her eyes and looks back to Owen and her husband.

Colleen: You’re right. It won’t. I’ll never understand why my daughter had to be the one to die and not…

She stops herself before finishing that sentence and she can’t even look at O’Malley. She doesn’t need to, though, because he already knows what she was going to say.

O’Malley: And not me, right? That’s what ye were gonna say?

He gets no response and just slowly nods.

O’Malley: I ask meself that same question all the time, honestly. I made far too many mistakes in me life to still be around and not Misty, but we can all go over the what ifs or the whys until we’re blue in the face and it won’t change a thing. The fact is we all need to make this work fer Owen. And I’m willin’ to do that, but I need ye and yer husband to do the same.

Colleen is trying hard to not look at O’Malley. But when Darcy looks towards them, she looks away from her and instead back to O’Malley. She studies his face and he has a pleading look in his eyes.

O’Malley: We can set up some sort of visiting arrangement. I’d never keep Owen from his family. I promise ye that.

Collen: My husband is stubborn, you understand that?

O’Malley nods.

O’Malley: I do.

Colleen: He and Owen...they have a very special bond and this is tearing him apart. It’s tearing me apart, too.

O’Malley: This isn’t easy fer any of us, ye know. It’s a situation none of us saw ourselves ever havin’ to be in, but we need to make the best of it, ye know?

They both turn their focus to Owen, who is now happier than he was earlier. He’s taken a few steps towards Darcy and is now talking to his stepmother. Colleen turns her attention back to O’Malley.

Colleen: He does seem happier to have you back in his life. I can admit that much. I hope you’ll keep to your word and allow us to see him. I may be wrong about you, O’Malley, but I still have my reservations about your wife.

O’Malley: I promise ye I won’t keep him from any of ye. With this pandemic still an issue, ye don’t need to worry about us travellin’ or anything, so we won’t be too far away. And as Darcy gets farther along in her pregnancy, that won’t be happenin’ anyway.

Colleen seems surprised to hear this as she looks towards Owen and Darcy. Owen now has his hand on her belly, which is a clear giveaway that she is expecting a child. Andrew glances to his wife and she shakes her head gently as of warning him not to say anything.

Colleen: She’s pregnant? Well, we had no idea. Owen loves kids. He’ll be excited to be a big brother.

O’Malley: Looks like he already is. We find out if it’s. Boy or girl next week so don’t be surprised if Owen wants to tell ye all the good news.

Colleen can’t help but let out a slight laugh as she nods. The tension between them finally eases and it’s the first time O’Malley feels like this is all starting to work out. They both give each other a reassuring nod before walking back over to Owen, Darcy and Andrew. O’Malley grabs Owen’s bags and looks at his son.

O’Malley: Alright, Owen. Ready to head home, kiddo? We’ll plan a visit with Grandma and Grandpa soon, ok?

Owen: You mean it?!

O’Malley nods.

O’Malley: Absolutely. Let’s get you home and settled in.

Owen smiles at first before he turns back to his grandparents. He gives them each a big hug before turning and taking Darcy’s hand. The walk to their car seems like almost an eternity for them all and Owen turns his head, then waves to his grandparents. Colleen seems to be much more at ease, but Andrew just turns around and disappears back inside. While O’Malley puts Owen’s bags in the trunk, Darcy helps him into his booster seat in the backseat, safely strapping him in before taking her place in the front passenger seat.

O’Malley gets into the driver’s seat and he and Darcy just smile at one another as Owen stares out the window. O’Malley squeezes Darcy’s hand, feeling that their family is finally complete now that they have custody of Owen. Or it will be once their child is born in just a few short months.He finally puts the car in drive as they make the short trip back home.

Sunday February 21st
Unaired Climax Control Footage
Why So Angry?!

The camera opens up just outside of Christian Underwood’s office for the night. The door is cracked open just a tiny bit, and voices can be heard from inside. Pussy Willow is just about to pass the door when she gets a bit curious and steps closer to the door. As she eavesdrops she can hear that along with the obvious voice of Christian Underwood, she hears O’Malley’s familiar Irish accent.

The focus shifts to just inside the office where O’Malley is seated in a chair opposite Christian Underwood. He seems to be in a rather unpleasant mood and normally Christian would generally not have much concern for this, but he has an almost sympathetic look on his face as he stares at O’Malley.

Christian: Under the circumstances, O’Malley, perhaps taking some time off would be a good idea.

O’Malley narrows his eyes quickly and shakes his head.

O’Malley: That ain’t a good idea at all, actually. It’s already been discussed and there will be no need to take any time off.

Christian: I beg to differ, and considering your attitude right now, you’re in no place to try and persuade me of otherwise.

O’Malley: So what are ye sayin’ then? Yer gonna force me to take time off them? And someone else is gonna get what I been workin’ towards?

Christian sighs and shakes his head.

Christian: It’s a tempting thought, but for now, I’ll hold off on doing that. I can always change my mind, remember.

O’Malley: I get it. But I’ll be fine. I just...I need to be here. I need to continue what I started, and that’s why I’m askin’ fer a match next week.

Christian laughs.

Christian: And let me guess. This is going to be a sneaky way to try and get a World Heavyweight Championship match against Kris Ryans?

O’Malley: Temptin’, but I know it wouldn’t work. Ye and I both know that’s my ultimate goal and I’m just waitin’ fer the day ye and Mark decide to make it happen. Fer now, I just want another match to prove meself.

Christian leans back in his chair and thinks for a moment. O’Malley stares at him almost expecting him not to do it.

Christian: Alright. Fine. I think that should be doable.

O’Malley: Great. Who ye givin’ me?

Christian: In some cases I could come up with an opponent off the top of my head, but with the Blast From the Past tournament going on, that makes it a tad difficult. So..you’ll just have to find out when everyone else does.

O’Malley rolls his eyes and quickly stands up, annoyed.

Christian: And here comes the temper tantrum. If you so much as shout one complaint, I won’t hesitate to force you into that time off, O’Malley. Are we clear?

O’Malley sighs but he nods his head.

O’Malley: Crystal. Thanks.

Christian smirks as O’Malley turns and walks out. As O’Malley opens the door and is about to step into the hallway, Pussy Willow jumps back and O’Malley glares at hee, closing the door behind him.

O’Malley: What the hell?! Were ye spyin’ on me conversation with Christian?

PW: I...I’m sorry. It’s just the door was open. I wasn’t trying to spy..

O’Malley: How much did you hear?!

O’Malley steps towards her angrily and she shakes her head, slightly afraid of him now.

PW: N-not much. Why does Christian think you need some time off?

O’Malley: That’s none of yer business. If I wanted anyone to hear the conversation, the door woulda been left wide open, or I wouldn’t have been talkin’ to him at all.

PW: Why are you so angry all of a sudden? You’ve been in such a good mood recently, but this…

O’Malley lets out an angry and annoyed laugh as he steps back.

O’Malley: Shite happens, Pussy. That’s all ye need to know. I’m tired of yer bullshite questions that as I said the answers to are none of yer business. Ye can ask me some business related questions next week, but as fer now I’ve got nothin’ left to say.

PW: I honestly meant no disrespect. I was just curious…

O’Malley snarls and glares at her.

O’Malley: Well stop bein’ curious and just leave me alone!

He then storms off down the hall and disappears. Pussy Willow stands there for a moment completely baffled over what just happened. She takes several moments to calm her nerves before heading on her way in the opposite direction and the scene fades.

Ye know, not that many people will care, but I’m really feckin’ pissed off here. I was havin’ a few good weeks and was honestly in a good mood, and then BAM!, it all went to shite. Now, I won’t get too far off topic here, because now is not the time to ramble on and on and on like so many do about random shite- hey Vinnie boy, I’m waving at ye ye confusin’ bastard. No, now is the time to focus on me match this week, and let me tell ye, this is the biggest joke of them all. Seriously, it is.

Let me explain why. Ye see, it’s been almost a month since me World Heavyweight Championship match against Kris and Jack. Yeah, I get I did win the match or the title, but I feckin’ pinned Kris. And after that, instead of doin’ the right thing and bookin’ me a one-on-one shot against Kris fer the championship, they put me against Alex feckin’ Jones. Alright. Fair enough, I thought. But, go feckin’ figure that me win was tainted and now some people say undeserved because the cowardly lion actin’ all big and tough, Austin James Mercer, decided to stick his oversized nose where it don’t belong and Alex got disqualified fer it. A win should be a win, but I’m right feckin’ pissed off about that.

And that leads us to this week. I thought, hey, maybe this will be the week. Kris has to defend his championship sometime before Blaze of Glory so it’s gotta be me this week, right? Again...wrong. So feckin’ wrong, and me opponent is even worse, but somehow whoever types up those interesting little match announcements thinks that Lincoln Daniels isn’t a step down from Alex Jones or even a million steps back from Kris Ryans. Seriously, Lincoln Daniels?! This is a joke, right?!

I don’t care if Lincoln is a member of London Underground. I don’t care if he has been even remotely impressive since his debut here. What I care about is that I’m tryin’ to build somethin’ here and what exactly does beatin’ a rookie do fer provin’ that I should get a one-on-shot against Kris? What does Lincoln Daniels have anything to do with my desire to be World Heavyweight Champion? Not a damn thing is what.

Lincoln Daniels is a boring, uncreative piss break of a superstar. He had a chance to win the Roulette Championship against Brother David at Inception, but he failed because he’s not even at that level yet. And not only that, he’s one of those fellas that if ye get yer promo work submitted and airing nice and early, he’ll rip it apart word fer word, because otherwise, he wouldn’t know a damn thing to say about his opponent. Ain’t that right, Lincoln? Don’t try to deny it, because I’m sure ye’ll do the same damn thing with this one. I dare ye, fella. Then again, prove me wrong, bitch.

I may not be as experienced as others, kid, but let me give ye some advice here. If ye want to make it anywhere in this business, all ye gotta do, is put in the feckin’ work. Don’t half arse anything, because let’s be honest...people don’t take lazy half arse workers seriously. And ye, fella, I ain’t takin’ ye in the least bit seriously. Ain’t no way I’m gonna lose to ye, because I’m sayin’ it here and now. If I do? I quit. I’ll give up tryna get a World Heavyweight Championship shot right then and there and hang up me boots, because there simply won’t be any point after a loss to someone like ye, Lincoln.

But O’Malley...why so harsh? That’s what ye and others are thinkin’, right? My response? Why feckin’ not? Yeah, I’ve been tryna make up fer bein’ a shite human being the last year or two, but does that mean I’m not allowed to have one week where I disagree with the match I’m in? One week where I can just put it all out on the table and be one hundred percent feckin’ honest. If not, too bad, because that’s what I’m doin’. And, against me better judgement these last few weeks, I’m sittin’ here doin’ what I’ve been tryna tell people recently not to do.

I’m guaranteeing that this Sunday, I’m walkin’ out the winner against Lincoln, because a loss is not acceptable.

See, Lincoln shouldn’t have immediately debuted in SCW. He shoulda done what I did and started out in SCU and honed his skills a bit more and built himself up instead of jumpin’ the shark and tryin’ straight for the big leagues. Because that decision will come back to bite him in the arse rather quickly. Lincoln just doesn’t have what it takes to be around the kind of talent SCW has to offer and on Sunday, I’m gonna show him and everyone else what I’m talkin’ about.

Yer all gonna see a more aggressive side to me this week, because I think I deserve it after the shite I’ve had to deal with the last few weeks. And poor ol’ Lincoln Daniels gets to experience what I’m talkin’ about. I’m not gonna remind anyone what I’m capable of because all they’d need to do is go back and watch some archived footage from when I started out in SCU to see what I’m talkin’ about. As fer Lincoln? There hasn’t been a damn thing that he’s done that shouts impressive to me. If anything it screams hilarious, because that fella is a joke.

I’m not gonna be seen as a joke. I’m done with the bullshite. I’m done dealin’ with bein’ overlooked and forced into doin’ somethin’ I don’t wanna do by facin’ rookie asshats like Lincoln Daniels and then havin’ to defend meself when even a win over him means nothin’ because he’s nothin’. Trust me, I know Kris Ryans will do just that, because he’s sittin’ back sayin’ that me pinnin’ him at Inception doesn’t count. Maybe I shoulda made the bitch tap. That surely woulda counted.

Lincoln, I know yer watchin’. I know ye are. So let me make somethin’ clear, my anger and frustration definitely isn’t personal against ye, but that doesn’t mean I like ye either. Because right now, I don’t. Yer standin’ in me way, and I’ve got a big message to send which doesn’t bode well fer ye, fella. Take what I’m tellin’ ye very seriously, because I ain’t kiddin’. I ain’t holdin’ back just because yer some new risin’ star apparently, so don’t expect anythin’ less than yer most difficult match yet. Understand?

Good, now that we’ve got that cleared up, there’s really not much else to say. I know others can sit here and bitch and moan until they’ve used up everything and anything they could possibly come up with, but I’m not gonna do that. I’ve said all I needed to say and now it’s time to focus on headin’ to Climax Control, walkin’ down to that ring, and beatin’ the snot outta ye, Lincoln, because that’s really all I want and need to do right now. And no matter how hard ye try, it just won’t be enough to get ready fer what I’m gonna do to ye at Climax Control.

See ye Sunday, fella!
>