Author Topic: bodyguard blast from the past round 2  (Read 532 times)

Offline SenorVinnie

• View Profile
    • Senor Vinnie
bodyguard blast from the past round 2
« on: February 25, 2021, 07:49:42 AM »
The Blast From The Past Blues part two…… Mariachi Style

The Bodyguard

Vinnie, what are you doing here?? And why are you dressed like that???

It’s the day after Climax Control, it’s early in the morning as Alicia is about to prepare herself for going to the gym. She is dressed in her usual gear that she loves to wear when going to the gym while listening to her airpods. The look on her face is a confused one as she had expected to have the gym for herself.

Client Alicia Lukans signalled in the gym, over.

Vinnie is sporting a black suit with a matching black tie while wearing a white blouse underneath. Wearing sunglasses as his hair is being pulled back with loads of gel to keep it in it’s place. He hahing stuck in his ear as he is talking to something that is being hid behind his massive hand. He nods to whatever that it is that is being said to him before looking at Alicia and starts to talk again.

That’s a ten four, Vinnie out.

Vinnie out?

Yes senorita, I am hired to be your security as there have been……

Security?? Hold a second, is this some kind of joke Vinnie?? I don’t need any protection, I can watch out for myself you know. I…

Vinnie shakes his head no, quickly grabbing a wallet out of his back pocket and shows her his security card. The card itself is a library card of himself when he was around 18, but he quickly pasted a post it on the library card that reads security. He quickly pulls the wallet back as he looks around the gym before grabbing her by the not injured hand and guides her to a corner before pulling off his sunglasses

Look, before you freak out…. It’s me Vinnie.

Alicia raises her eyebrow as she clearly had already noticed that.

Oh my God Vinnie, I had not seen that…

She says with a sarcastic tone, rolling her eyes as she does not enjoy this “performance”from her mixed tag partner for the Blast From The Past Tournament. A response that quickly gains a huge smile on Vinnie’s face before putting the sunglasses back on as he raises himself up again to a full standing position and straightens his tie.

I knew that I am a once in a lifetime talent, I can do it all Mami. A great performer as Mariachi, a great wrestler… and now?? I am even multi tasking as we are planning to reach for the stars!!! While being the assurance that nobody (coughs)Austin(coughs) does not interfere in your preparation. So here I am, protecting you senorita.

He sports a huge white smile, a smile that you often see in a toothpaste commercial except for the bright reflection coming off of his teeth. His confident look on his face suddenly vanishes when he hears a loud thud coming from the other end of the gym. Staring at a muscle head that has dropped some dumbbells on the ground before placing his hand on his chest of relief.

Pfew, that was a close one. I….

Alicia rolls her eyes and grabs Vinnie by the tie and pulls his attention back to her.

Is this some kind of joke?? I am a former Bombshell champion okay?? I can handle myself, Austin doesn’t scare me and I don’t need no pro….

Vinnie holds out his hand towards her, putting one finger upwards as to say one moment. He is listening to his earpiece as if he was getting some news.

What??

Ten four….

He turns his attention back to Alicia with a serious look on his face.

Now I know where you are coming from senorita, but my hands are tied. I am hired to be your bodyguard by senor Mark and Chris as well as an Icelandic gentleman that chipped in some extra money to keep you safe.

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head in disbelief before letting out a huge sigh.

Look Vinnie, its sweet of you that you are all concerned. But Austin doesn’t scare me, also with you looking over my shoulder 24/7 is kinda creepie you know??

Vinnie nods his head in understanding as he takes a few steps backwards, causing Alicia to raise an eyebrow.

What you doing???

I realized that I need to give you your space and that I should just blend in the background, so you won’t even notice me.

This causes Alicia to giggle, even though she doesn’t like Vinnie being a bodyguard for her. And yet for some reason having him being a bit over protective for her makes it kind of cute

So at what moments will you be around me to protect me Vinnie?? When I go to the gym and stuff???

He slowly lowers his sunglasses and has a questionable look on his face, he grabs a little book out of his back pocket and opens it for him to read. On the front of the book it reads: Bodyguard guidelines for dummies. This causes Alicia to giggle a little bit as she sees Vinnie’s eyes going from left to right before he closes it again and has a smile on his face before lowering the sunglasses once more.

According to my guidelines, I have to be around you everywhere when you are entering public places.

So that leaves out my hotel room??

She asks while winking at Vinnie, loving to tease the man a little as she sees that it makes him uncomfortable. Making her wonder how far she could go without going too far.

Yes, no… I mean….

Yes?? No???

Well it’s obvious that I have to check everything for bugs and stuff, you know to see that nobody is listening in on your phone calls as well as hidden video camera’s.

Video camera’s??

Vinnie is scratching the back of his neck, showing a sheepishly smile upon his face before asking a very important question.

Do you have teddy bears in your hotel?? Like in your bedroom??? Or perhaps rubber ducks???

This causes Alicia to raise an eyebrow, wondering where this is going to.

Teddy Bears?? Rubber ducks??? Err, no…. why???

His face turns beat red, clearly uncomfortable to explain his question to her.

Well…, you wouldn’t believe how often people get bugged through these childlike creatures… I

She laughs out loud,holding her stomach with both arms as this causes Vinnie to grow uncertain.

What’s so funny??

I’m sorry Vinnie, but I’m too old for teddy bears and rubber ducks thank you.

You want to have one???

What???

Err…, I’m sorry. It’s just a habit of mine to ask. It’s difficult not to pick up a strange thing or two after spending a lng time with a talking cactus. It’s how I have been able to keep an eye on him while sleeping in his little bed without being there. I…

Vinnie? Are you suggesting that you want to install microphone’s and video camera’s in my hotel room?? Isn’t that spying instead of protecting me??

She winks as she playfully places her hands upon his chin, staring into his big dark eyes as this causes him to swallow a few times without knowing how to answer that question.

I… err… uhm,

She shushes him as she puts a finger upon his lips and closes in him. Causing her little frame to bump into his chest, she attempts to get to his ear as she stands upon her toes but obviously is still too small to reach for him.

You need to kneel silly

I err, of course senorita.

He goes down on one  knee as this helps her to whisper something into his ear

You may get to see and hear things that does not benefit your investigation Vinnie, wouldn’t that be a breach of my personal life?? I mean, there wouldn’t be any secrecy….

Err

She giggles as she playfully pats his cheek, this causes him to regain his composure

Well I see your point, though with these devices I will be able to act when people like Austin James Mercer acts again without me being there…. There’s of course another option.

He nervously scratches the back of his neck once again, trying to find the right words

What??

Well…, another option is that I sleep on the couch when you are at home in your hotel room. I..

This causes her eyes to grow as large as plates as she reacts to his proposition

Just realize this Vinnie, if I ever decide to accept you to spend time with me. You will not have mutual shower time with me!!!!

This causes Vinnie to be quiet for a few moments, his face turning beet red as he obviously is having a vision before snapping out of it.

No! No of course not!!! I would obviously have to shower after or before you take one. Also, I have to inform you that if I would take one that my partner will take over protecting you.

You….. you have a partner???

Si!!!!

Err.., do I know him??

Well not personally, but he is my amigo. He is my best friend and he is also the one that wrote this book for bodyguards.

He holds the book in front of her as the back of the book shows a picture

Isn’t that??

She puts her hand in front of her face, hiding a laugh as she sees a picture of cactus Pete.

He got the idea after watching that movie.

The bodyguard???

Vinnie looks at her with astonishment, but shakes his head no.

No, the other one… men in black. But I guess that other movie with Kevin Costner would do too. Pete is just a huge fan of Tommy Lee Jones as well as wearing these damn sunglasses!!!

He takes off the sunglasses and places them on top of his head, sighing of relief as he is finally able to stare into Alicia’s eyes.

Now I want you to know whether you prefer to have me alongside you in the morning and afternoon, or afternoon and the evening night times???

Err Vinnie, do I have a say in this whether I want to have protection at all???

Vinnie is silent for a few moment, clearly he had not expected this question as he wanted to discuss upon whether she wanted to pay in advance, or afterwards. Whether she wanted to pay his fee in or multiple terms or whether he could wear his favourite bathrobe of El Spongo…. The Mexican version of SpongeBob SquarePants, but after hearing her hesitation he realized that this has to wait.

What do you mean??

Look, Austin and me are friends and…

Do friends do this to other friends??

He points at her wrist and stares at her with an intent look on his face. This causes her to sigh as she nods her head.

Look, you are right. But we should not overreact okay?? I am sure that Austin is sorry for what he has done and that he will apologise eventually when he gets his mind together. I….

Vinnie lowers his head for a few moments, shaking his head no

What???

He lifts his head upwards and has a concerned look on his face.

Look Alicia, I know people don’t take me seriously for my antics on and off the camera. I have done things in the past that caused people to tell me I am a freak, hell I am sure that our opponents for this week will make similar statements about me. I am fine with that, but if there’s one thing I hold dear to my heart is trust.

He looks at her for a few moments, searching for a reaction from her that did not come.

I know Austin hates me, I know that at this moment his mind is filled with aggression. And these moments people do things that they normally wouldn’t do, you saw what he did to Kristjan’s brother right???

I….

HE BEAT SOMEONE DOWN THAT COULD NOT EVEN  DEFEND HIMSELF!!!!

Alicia takes a step backwards after witnessing his reaction, he raises his hands upwards in apology for how he reacted.

sorry, I just…. I respect you and I would not want him to lose his mind and do something similar to you as he did to…

Vinnie, he won’t do that to me. I am sure of that…

Because you are a part of the Wolfslair???

This causes her to look at him annoyed.

I am not leaving the Wolfslair Vinnie….

He rolls his eyes

I wasn’t suggesting that Alicia, but we are tag team partners for this tournament and….

Oh that’s all you care about?? This mixed tag team tournament???

This stings her, showing an angry look on her face as she started to belief that he cared about her.

No…, wait….

He holds his hands upwards to calm her down, but she remains staring at him with an angry look on her face.

I care about you Alicia and I just hate to see you like Aaron, I know using the Blast From The Past tournament as a reason sounds selfish.

You damn right it is!!!

Look…., before I got married I was that selfish man that only cared about himself. Hell I even risked losing the woman that I thought would be spending the rest of our lives together with me by using illegal tactics during a match to become number one contender for the world title. After experiencing these things, it changed me. I realized that there’s more important things in life than just this handsome guy.

This statement causes her to roll her eyes, but remains quiet.

Do I want to win this tournament alongside you? Of course I do!! Everyone in this tournament does, but I know that I cannot do this on my own. Last year Amy Santino taught me to trust someone that I did not know, to open up to that partner as in a way to prove that there’s a connection.

She raises an eyebrow as she had not expected this from him.

But even though it is my goal to once again fight for that coveted championship, I realize that someone else’s health is even more important than a leather strap with ten pounds of gold okay??? And I’d be damned if someone like that would want to take that away from you because he has a personal vendetta against me or whomever. And for what?? Because he cannot handle the fact you were happy to be my tag team partner???

Alicia’s thoughts are now taking herself back to last week when Austin grabbed her wrist and hurt her, causing her to admit that Vinnie is right.

But….,

Vinnie looks at her with a look of concern in his eyes, causing her resistance to be stifled

Look, I know that me showing up like this startled you. But if I had known that this wasn’t necessary, than I would have been playing the guitar and be who I always have been. Senor Vinnie, the Mariachi of Wrestling. But I have to do this, not for me…. But

His face turns red

What???

I just want to see you win that championship belt once more Mami, so if that requires me to be over protective at times to do so?? Then who am I to be that selfish and only care about me???

He looks at Alicia, whose angered look on her face slowly turns into one of a smile and finally gives in and giggles.

Well I guess I would not want you stop having that dream now would I???

The two grin as the shot slowly fades.

Gold, Always believe in your soul

We cut back to Vinnie in his hotel room, toggling with his guitar. He is wearing Bermuda shorts thatis multi coloured  as well as a sleeveless shirt that is bright yellow. He has his hair hanging loose as he is enjoying the sound of his guitar. After a few moments he stops the guitar playing and turns his attention towards the camera crew that has entered the room.

Hola amigo’s, how are you doing today?? I know what you must have been thinking, why aren’t you guarding Alicia right now?? Well, you have to know that at this very moment I’ve got the best of high tech that enables me to be on top of everything that is going on over there.

We hear a sound coming from a small box in front of him

Is that you Vinnie that I am hearing???

Vinnie grabs the little box and answers the voice of Alicia Lukas

Si senorita Alicia, I have installed a communication option that gives us the opportunity to stay in touched with each other. I….

Uhm Vinnie? Is that device perhaps a baby monitor???

Vinnie’s face turns beet red, realizing that he is caught on camera as he looks dumbfounded into the camera before smiling nervously

Err…, I can understand why you are confused Alicia, but I am assuring you that it’s the top of the art security devices. I will get back to you asap.

But…

Vinnie places the baby monitor in his room underneath a pillow next to him as he turns his attention back to the camera crew

You did not hear that okay??

He takes a deep breath before turning his attention back upon discussing his up and coming match this week’s Climax Control.

Now before I decide to discuss my opponents for this week, I want to thank senor Rage and his tag team partner for putting up a decent fight. Now I am not the type of person that will tell you that I told you so…, but I told you so okay?? It’s quite honestly sad to hear a guy that has not wrestled for several years to boast that he is going to prove me wrong. Me?? A man that has been wrestling for several years in the crème de la crème that is Sin City Wrestling. But I guess Jake is a type of guy that needs to be put in his place before he will accept the reality…. Well Jake, accept the fact that I am just better than you okay??

He grins before grabbing his guitar once more and holds it close to him

Now I can go on for hours and hours, telling how impressive I was sending Jake back to the retirement home. Hoping for another return next year in the 2022 Blast From The Past tournament, hoping that he won’t be facing off against a legendary name in the making like mine. No, I am quite happy to announce that me and my partner Alicia are facing a Hall of Famer, a legend in the annals of Sin City Wrestling when it comes down to one of the greatest Bombshells EVER. And her tag team partner that has achieved a championship win and secured the SCW Roulette championship in the main event last week. And I got to say, I am impressed.

I have to admit to be watching backstage after pinning Jake Sullivan, looking on and scout a possible BFTP tournament opponent that I could be confronting in further rounds. Because lets face it, I cannot allow myself to be surprised and being taken advantage off during my match now can I?? But allow me to congratulate you Cassian, a well deserved victory to become the new Roulette Champion. A feet that I have to admit put you right on top of the world, the momentum of being a champ as well as teaming up with a woman that knows a thing or two about tag team wrestling gives you an edge.

If I have to put your momentum in one song, I would go for a classic. A song that tells it perfectly what we all want to achieve in this business and something that everyone wants to take away from you…..

He places his guitar on his lap and starts to play the song that he is referring to.

Thank you for coming home
Sorry that the chairs are all worn
I left them here I could have sworn
These are my salad days
Slowly being eaten away
Just another play for today
Oh, but I'm proud of you, but I'm proud of you
Nothing left to make me feel small
Luck has left me standing so tall

Gold (gold)
Always believe in your soul
You've got the power to know
You're indestructable
Always believe in
'Cause you are gold (gold)
Glad that you're bound to return
There's something I could have learned
You're indestructable
Always believe in

Vinnie stops playing just moments before he continues with thee song, staring at the camera crew and sports a smile

Does this ring a bell Cassian?? Or  do you need Shazam to find out that this is a song from Spandau Ballet?? Not that it matter now does it?? It’s the confidence that you possess to enter that six sided ring and take on any comer….. to win championships and who knows… even this tournament. And why wouldn’t you?? A talented kid that has one of the very BEST EVER to be on his side?? And yet I cannot phantom just the thought that even with all that confidence, that you are as insecure as you can get.

He smiles as he gently runs his fingers across the strings for a few moments.

And I know, I know. You are telling yourself and every member of London Underground that I am wrong, that I do not know what the hell I am talking about don’t you?? Because that’s what confident people do don’t they?? They turn their directions towards others, trying to prove a point to them. And for what?? Because secretly you want to prove it to yourself, yet too stubborn to admit it?? I was like you amigo, I was just like you. Nothing in this world could stop me, I had it all in the palm of my hand and nobody else could tell me differently. The only difference is that I did it all on my own, not to have the whole entire gang of London Underground supporting you and approving your every fucking step that you take. But I guess some people just need approval isn’t it??

But I’m sure that now with that Roulette championship across your waist, you are ready to step out into the whole wide world, to stand on your own two feet and not let anyone stand in your way. To reach out and obtain the holy grail of this company and be the very best that you have always told yourself to be… Because You are Gold… Gold….. isn’t it?? And not just because of that leather strap that has ten pounds of gold attached to it, oh no. You have been groomed to be the very best, you just had to wait for that one moment to reach for it and snap it before someone else would.

Just like me…..

His eyes slowly move towards the camera, his gaze is showing confidence but the smile has vanished

And I know you could use the terms of that I am a failure, a freak, a total joke to be in this company. As this is seemingly the trend these days. Open your mouth, insult those who you do not consider to be worth to speak off and then laugh as you are too ignorant to even come up with something original these days. But that’s okay, who am I to disallow the less fortunate to have their fifteen seconds of shame by smiling a lot hmm???

But you are different, you are the golden goose. The one that the prophecies have been going on for centuries at hand?? And all you have to do to make that fable to become reality hmm?? Sadly for you that every tale has a beginning, a middle and an end. For me it was the man that they call Fenris… and for you?? Oh who is to say, I mean seriously… you have had your beginning already by stepping into this tournament, being paired with the hottest of the two super heroes… and then having the middle by obtaining the championship belt… and now?? with all the high in the world, giving the constant belief that the next step would be merely taking home the world championship as if it was destined to happen….

And then you met your Fenris my amigo.

He places the guitar down next to him, reaching his hands through his hair as he lets them dig deep into his skull as he lets out a sigh of relief.

Nobody wants to lose that opportunity to obtain the world championship belt on his or her first try… and I failed Cassian. I did not succeed and I could not understand why, because deep down inside I was the very best that this organization has ever seen since….

He becomes silent for a moment as the word since causes him to flee into his thoughts.

Since the last newcomer that joined the company and won the championship belt after a short time when nobody expected him to do so. Hell even Fenris himself was questioning whether it was that time to have lightning to strike twice and have him endure what all the other superstars had endured when they crossed paths with him…. And I failed….

I failed to obtain that championship belt, because I was too stuck on the mere fact that I was Gold…. Gold…. Always believing in your soul…. And I believed, I believed as nobody else has ever done. Something that you ultimately will have to endure as well amigo. Because lets face it, not only is the path to the semi finals up for grabs… but your pride as well. Ironically isn’t it huh? To have perhaps that golden opportunity to be handed over to you, only to have it being ripped out of your stinking hands the very next show that you are on…. But that’s how life is isn’t it??

To have destiny at the palms of your hands, before having it being ripped away and have you left standing with nothing more than merely blood and disgust to remind you of how great life once was…. The only difference is that for some it only takes a week… whereas others take forever to obtain that goal…… And then there are those who just like a bottle of wine, whom ages to perfection with time and patience….

And that’s where you shall fail amigo, you want it now. You want your goal to be reached RIGHT NOW!!! And everything has got to step aside for your success isn’t it?? Does that include Roxi?? Oh of course not, because you got this don’t you?? You got that what you have only experienced once by beating whom?? Oh I don’t know…. And a championship reign is not destined to last a lifetime when the wrong person at the right time takes a stab at it and take away your dream.

Your dream of being in the main event and battle for the world championship belt, the spotlight that already made you want more isn’t it?? The agonizing seduction of merely being the very best and showcasing that to everyone that wants to see. Well you are not in the main event anymore kiddo, you are just another match on the card. As you and Roxi Johnson will face two superstars from both the men’s and Bombshells divisions that have been there… that already has tasted that what you can only dream off. A desire to prove everyone wrong and that includes a young and bashful kid that some day will be champ, but it isn’t going to be on my or Alicia’s expense. As she shall be damned if she allows a great legend like Roxi to take away HER opportunity to stand in the spotlight. Nothing but respect for a great legend like her… and unlike Jake Sullivan, she at least chooses to be here even if she does not manage to obtain victory int his tournament… but for her it is too little and too late, because these two former world champions are ready to do once again that what we did last week…. And you know what that is Cassian?? Advance at the expanse of others… and guess what amigo? This week that means you two…, so be thankful that your championship belt isn’t on the line this week as well. or else your downfall would be as hard as it was for me to lose twice to Fenris in two tries to be the very best. But at least I can look over my shadow and tell you as I have told Jake Summers that I told you so..

I intend to beat you, just like Alicia is intending to beat Roxi Johnson as well. Because it is our time….. to once again being draped in… gold….. gold…

With that the shot fades as Vinnie is smiling