Author Topic: Endeavor XXVII  (Read 500 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XXVII
« on: February 19, 2021, 11:57:42 PM »

Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 14 al 21 de febrero de 2021

In less than forty-eight hours, four teams will be after the same thing in the first round of the Blast From the Past Tournament in what will be a very tough field, it always is every year. For the other teams who already made to round one, they earned their stripes. Now it's up to me and Agostino to be one other other four teams to make it to round two. But that won't be a problem for the other teams because they're trying to do the same thing, because they want to be one step closer to booking their trip to the main event of Blaze of Glory. The teams were chosen, the matches were made. Now it's time to get this show on the road.

The lethal lottery can be a cruel mistress sometimes, and you just have to look at thrvpsutingd this year to see why. Some may hide their dismay for a partner they didn't want or a matchup against a team that is favored to win the tournament by outright. Not that I'm complaining because this year I'm teaming up with a champion as my partner. Personally, any of the Superstars would want someone as accomplished as I am as their partner, and Agostino Romano won the lottery. Even more, we face Coby Quik and Candy in the first round so it shouldn't be this hard.

Or should it?

Because conventional wisdom says that I've been in quite a rut lately. Conventional wisdom says that it's been four years since my last appearance in the Blast From the Tournament. Conventional wisdom says that my team could be one of the teams eliminated early. Conventional wisdom to says that Candy has had my number lately. Conventional wisdom also says Coby is a shoo-in to at least get far in the tournament pro that any team not named Despayre and Amber Ryan is a lock to win the tournament.

But just because millions of people believe a fooling thing, doesn't make it any less foolish.

This match goes beyond win-loss-draw-records and title wins, none of that matters in the Blast From the Past Tournament because I have held championships before he ahead of the tournament and it didn't get me anywhere. So what makes my first round match any different than any of the others this Sunday? It's a matter of if, not when, they will end up on my checklist.

Maybe it's me but the fact that Keira and Roxi facing each other and that I got Candy as my opponent is making me think more and more that this tournament isn't as random as people seem to think it is. Maybe I'm crazy, but what are the odds?

The last time Candy and I were in the same ring, she went on to beat me in her signature match and I walked out of High Stakes with nothing to show for it - and a whole lot of glitter in my hair.

She may not be the brightest penny in the piggy bank, but Candy's had her fair amount of upsets. Anyone dumb enough to underestimate her are smart enough to know not to make that same mistake. Perception is reality and all that. Now, granted, Candy hasn't exactly been in the win column, but don't tell her that, she's just here to have fun. Me, I just want to throw the gasoline onto that fire and watch her burn at the stake. Well, the last few weeks, she's been keeping your head above water. But how much longer is she going to gasp for air before she go under? Right now, she's in deep water. Sunday can mean any number of things, a consolation prize, a welcoming match, a step-up in competition. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes this isn't a BFTP match, this is an exhibition match. Because Candy, isn't going to step into the ring with just anybody. She's not going to step into the ring with one of her wrestling school trainees, she's not going to step into the ring with someone who just graduated from wrestling school just yesterday, she's going to step into the ring with one of the most accomplished Bombshell on this roster or any other roster. She's standing across the ring and looking into the eyes of a proven veteran, someone who is more than capable of taking you to school and showing her what wrestling is all about. But when I look into her eyes? I don't see a worthy challenger. No, I see someone who's heart isn't in it anymore. Her losing streak has taken a heavy toll on her and it's clearly obvious that she's going to fold het tent, again, this Sunday. I'm not buying the pep talk, Candy. You don't care anymore. You're done.

That won't be me. I've got everything to gain and even more to lose in a match that has everything riding on a win. And I don't give a damn who I have to beat in that match or the reward. You can outpower me, you can outwrestle me, but you can't outsmart me and when it comes down to beating you in this match and taking away your opportunity to compete further in the tournament then I guess that's just what I'm going to do.

Make no mistake Candy, I'm walking into this BFTP the same way I'm walking out, and that's with my head held high and living to fight another night. Everything I've fought for in over is on the line, only one can leave with an opportunity of a lifetime.

One night. One match. One decision. That’s all it takes for me to turn my career around and that’s one of the many reasons why I will not be denied.

The matchup could possibly steal the show at Climax Control. Sunday will be filled with fireworks and this match will be one of them. Victory won't be easy, but it will be worth it.
And if I fail?

Then I guess I'll be going out in a blaze of glory.

~~~

L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

Un Sueño - Faded Glory

Still fresh to the beat, Mercedes Vargss sits quietly with her coffee listening to the early morning bustle of the police station. The automatic doors slid open with a hiss as officers in tatical gear arrive and leave, not even going as far as saying greetings as they passed. Mercedes could use the distraction as the officer sitting across from her was boring her to tears.

OFFICER: So I was watching this old-school cop show from the late 20th century. It was called "21 Jump Street." It had a total of five seasons and I'm about halfway through.

MERCEDES: Um,, officer while I love sitting back and taking about TV shows, I'm here about my problem?

The officer blinks, then slowly comes to the realization as she looks down at the manilla folder.

OFFICER: Right, of course. Anyway, the acting and action was a little over the top, but I enjoyed it. There was gangs and robberies. And I always sang along to the theme.

The officer starts singing said theme. She could barely carry a tune. Mercedes covers her face.

MERCEDES: I filed a police report for months, now you're looking into it?

OFFICER: Ma'am, you realize these these things take time and -

MERCEDES: Someone broke into my house, ransacked the place, and you're telling me these things take time. My God, what do I pay you people for? Is my tax dollars going to waste cause I'm sure there's a Planned Parenthood out there that could really need the funds."

Fast forward to Mercedes' where she is recounting her story to Irma who divides her attention between the TV and a canvas set on an ease, a firm paintbrush in one hand. She's watching the Joy of Painting.

Irma: Did you ever file the police report?

Mercedes: I did, somewhere between Taxi and Elsewhere, but it wasn't easy. I have a healthy active lifestyle, so I don't get to watch a lot of TV?

Mercedes: Ever wonder how all colors come from just three basic colors?

Irma: Hm-mmm.

Mercedes: There's so many different colors, and what even is color anyway?

Irma: It's the absence of color that its reflecting. Don't question it, that's just the way it is.

Mercedes: I knew that, but doesn't make it any more crazy?
.[/i]

Mercedes: So what do you think?

Irma: About your autobiography? There's some good ones, but I think we got to find the best ones. Ricardo says he's still working on the first draft. We're going to need a lot of work on this one.

Mercedes: I didn't know writing an autobiography was going to be this hard. How come Bob Ross never had an autobiography?

Irma: Now that I think about it, I'm wondering the same thing.

~~~

L A S V E G A S • N E V A D A

It's Not Whether You Win or Lose: Gatekeeper the 27th: Mentiras, Malditas Mentiras (Lies, Damned Lies..., Part XIII)

[REC]

It's later in the day in Los Angeles, where Mercedes is staying over her cousin's house. Our scene fades in on a guest room as the camera settles on Mercedes sitting by the windowsill and looking at the camera.

"Did you get to finish your New Year's resolutions yet? I still haven't got around to mine, sadly It's just as well. I've already failed. See, because I was planning to change my life around by eating healthy this year. Unfortunately, SCW doesn't seem to think so considering who I have to face this Sunday – Candy.

"You know things are bad when you opponent is named after confection food. It can't be any worse than virtue names, right?"

Mercedes pauses as she sweeps back her hair from her face.

"In a moment, everything can change, and in a moment, one person can change everything. In one week, four teams battle for the right to advance in the Blast From the Past Tournament. For some, it will be about survival; For others, their fates have already been sealed."

Was this arrogance on the part of Mercedes? Hardly. But it was understandable that few would mistake that for confidence. Nonetheless, it never stopped her before, and it damn sure wasn't going to happen at Climax Control.

“You've had your fun, Candy and although I lost every one of our matches, here I am. Still here, still standing and, yes, still talking. The talking is easiest, backing it up, not so much."

Mercedes goes quiet for a moment as she lowers her head. She lets out a sigh before raising her head again.

"Close doesn't win matches in Sin City Wrestling. I would have twice as many victories if it did. Alicia said what she was going to do and did what she was supposed to do. That's all that mattered. Maybe I can't change what happened at Inception against Alicia, maybe I can't change what happened in our match..."

Mercedes holds an index finger in a wait-a-minute gesture.

"Well, maybe there is one thing. Try and make it right. It's the least I can do because while familiarity breeds contempt, that's the least emotion I'm feeling this weekend."

Mercedes shakes her head while mouthing the word “no.”

"More like redemption. That's why this match is one where I'll be showing up. That I get to visit an arena I've already been to four times is a moot point. At Climax Control, I'm reigniting that fire and focusing all my energy this tournament because it's about time I get back to the potential I know I have. I'm willing to risk it all. I'm willing to put my cards on the table. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to take down whoever is in front of me, and I'm not too picky. Any Bombshell left in the tournament, I know that I'm still a threat. Sunday won't be a lesson, it will be a reminder. At Climax Control, I hope you're prepared Candy because I'm already prepared."

Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them. She pauses, mostly for dramatic effect.

"It doesn't matter what any of the other teams have to say, because in the end, there is only (holds up her index finger) one team walking out as the number one contenders at Blaze of Glory...and it's gonna be me and Agostino.

"Long before you knew, and long after you'll remember."

The scene fades on Mercedes flashing a smile and waving back at the camera before we fade to black.

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)