Author Topic: Only temporary  (Read 471 times)

Offline Joshua Acquin

• View Profile
    • Joshua Acquin
Only temporary
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:41:52 PM »
20th October 2019
High Stakes IX
Honolulu, Hawaii

Amy had just left the locker room leaving Joshua to his thoughts.  He kept remembering that Amy said she was fine, deep down he knew she was fine.  Hell she is a grand slam hall of famer.  In not so many words Joshua knew something was different this time when she left, could it be something between her and Joey?  Nah, he is a great guy.  It is something else that he couldn’t put his finger on.  While sitting there Joshua thinks it is time to take some time for himself.

=====

That was the plan to take a couple months off to rest but then Covid happened.  I went completely on lockdown mode to make a safe space for fellow SCW, SCU, and even GRIME members to work out in my gym.  I also got to become more of a road agent to help run things.  I tried to keep others morale up as people may have been away from family, you got to remember that the companies have performers world wide.  I gave some phones for people to contact loved ones and when they tried to give them back I let them keep it.  I got so many swabs up my nose to get tested that I get a fear of it.  But during this time I took time for myself to work out and lose some weight and honestly feel better than ever before.  The marriage I had wasn’t working out.  Things we find out when we are stuck inside all the time.  There is no ill will to my ex at all.  I even bought her a house where she moved to and a sum of money so she could be on her feet.  My daughter is doing great in college and moved back with me while they are online.  She is also rethinking things, so this time away from the ring has had great things that have happened.  My daughter is looking more at coming into the “family business”.  I have warned her it is not easy, but she has had more trainers come in and help her out.  That is what is great in this line of work my friends are family to me.  They know my door is always open no matter what.

=====

Joshua is sitting on the couch when his daughter walks into the room.

Maddie: Daddy is something wrong?

Joshua looks over at her.

Joshua: Sweetheart you know me better than anyone and you can read me like a book.  I am getting the itch to go back to wrestling and the blast from the past is coming up and Mark has been calling me to get me to confirm that I am going.

Maddie: You don’t know what I will think if you go back?

Joshua: No it isn’t like that.  I have enjoyed being here with you and helping you train and I want you to join SCW.  But this seems that I a greedy.

Maddie comes up and sits next to her dad and gives him a hug.

Maddie:  Go and sign up.  This event is for comebacks.  I bet you if you say yes to Mark and to keep it as a mystery person he will do that.

Joshua picks up his phone and sends a text.

Joshua: There sent out to Mark.

Joshua and his daughter start to watch a movie.

Maddie: I think I would rather be with GRIME anyway.

Joshua looks surprised at her.

Joshua:  Why is that?

Maddie:  I don’t know just want to.  You never know I maybe already one of the masked ones.

Joshua lets out a laugh.

Joshua:  I would like to think I would know if you were with them.

=====

Joshua is in his home gym working out when Maddie runs in.

Maddie:  Daddy they are drawing the teams.  They have drawn the first one and you're not in it.

They watch the Twitter feed as the teams come out.  Joshua’s team comes out and he is teamed with Sam Marlowe.

Joshua: Not bad draw for me.  Let's see who else there is.

Then the feed shows the surprise entrant of Amy Santino.  Joshua’s jaw drops to the floor.

Joshua: This just got awesome.

=====
Judas plays over the PA of the Sam’s Town Arena.  Joshua comes out from the back wearing his gear.  Heading to the ring like he has something to say and get off his chest.

Joshua: It has been way too long since I have seen the fans and even though we have a limited amount of fans here, I feel as though you are more than enough to make this place feel packed to the rafters.  It is great seeing everyone with their masks on.  I have seen some great customized ones.  It seems like masks have taken over for signs.  You have them all made up to be cheering your favorite stars here in SCW, SCU, and even GRIME.

Joshua paces around the ring remembering how it feels to be in the ring.

Joshua:  Sorry I'm taking my time, I am kind of rusty at this. Almost 18 months ago was the last time I was in this ring.  I was in a mixed-tag match for the SCW MixedTag Team Championship.  Amy Santino was my partner and I let her down.  I have even let her down in this very tournament a few years ago.  True I have never made it past the first round and I will take the blame on most of the early exits.  But this year I plan on making it further than I have in my past attempts.  I have a partner this time that I think can go further as well. Joshua paces more. Joshua: Now the team we face are two great competitors themselves.  Bill Barnhart has earned his Bulldog nickname.  He has been in SCW for a while like I have.  I have never faced him one-on-one.  It has always been a multi-man match.  But I have been watching him since I took my time away from the ring and in short, he is a great wrestler that knows what he wants and will sink his teeth into whatever opportunity you put in front of him.  I look forward to this match.