Author Topic: Jake Sullivan RP  (Read 539 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Jake Sullivan RP
« on: February 19, 2021, 02:08:17 AM »
(OOC Note: Apologies for posting from O’Malley’s account. I forgot my password for my Jake account so posting it from here this week. If Jake advances in the tourney, I’ll get the password figured out..)

Blast From The Past. The one cycle a year where everyone loses their minds. I’m serious. This tournament absolutely brings out the best and worst of people, and it starts with the sign ups. Someone good throws their name into the fold? Shit, how exciting! But someone who isn’t worth shit? Fuck, I hope I’m not paired with them! Oh, and let’s not forget the rare “mystery entrant” where people are throwing around their guesses like they’ll win something if they figure it out. As I said...people lose their fucking minds.

I’ve been in the tournament a couple of times. First time around, I got teamed with the Mean Girls knock off, Angel Kash and the bitch cost us the match in the first round against Misty and some Thatcher Rex asshole. Then a few years later, I got teamed with Sam Marlowe and I thought, hey, we got a fighting chance at this. And we did. Until we got booked against Spike Staggs and Lucy Seraphina in the semi-finals. Close, but no cigar.

That brings me to this year. I don’t think anyone was expecting me to throw my name into the mix, because I’ve been out of action for three years now. I thought my wrestling days were behind me, but I guess I was wrong. I’m probably out of my fucking mind, but considering the last few years...few months, really...there’s nothing I’m looking forward to more than getting back in that ring and showing each and every person who thinks I’m old or washed up, that I’ve still got it. I don’t know how far me or my partner will get in this thing, but to me...it ain’t about winning.

I’m not gonna sit here and act all high and mighty about my chances in this thing. I don’t know my partner, much less the majority of who our opponents will end up being no matter how far we get into this tournament. I’m being smart about this because being an arrogant fucker like people tend to get? That’s when mistakes are made. So...I’m not going to make mistakes. I’m going to do what I need to do, and hope that my partner does the same.

I’m sure there are certain assholes out there who are going to throw out the relevance card and accuse me of using this as a way to try and be relevant again, but they couldn’t be farther from the truth. Because I honestly don’t give a shit. I’ve never once cared about people liking me or being relevant or any of that bullshit people like to spew out on a daily basis. Being in the ring has always been an outlet to unleash all of my built up tension and anger. Plain and simple. And if anyone wants to believe otherwise? Well, that shit is on them.

It may not be permanent, but one week at a time...one match at a time...I’m back in the ring. And that shit...doesn’t bode well for one half of the team we get booked against every week. Do something to piss me off?

You’ll all regret it…

Sunday January 24th
Blast From The Past Twitter Live Drawing

Ember: You know, Dad, you could just make your own account again instead of forcing me to cyber stalk Twitter for you.

The attitude oozes from fourteen year old Ember Sullivan. She’s seated at the kitchen counter, barely touching her plate of food. Her father, Jake, is currently seated in front of a high-chair where Ember’s two year old brother, Jax, is strapped in and being highly uncooperative as Jake tries to assist feeding him his own plate of food as the toddler has not quite mastered feeding himself just yet. Jake turns and glares at his daughter, shaking his head immediately.

Jake: Nice try, Em, but I’m not doing it. I’ve got no desire to create another Twitter account just so people have an outlet to be keyboard warrior cowards. It’s only one day, so just deal with it. Please? Once the teams are announced, you can go on with your day.

Ember rolls her eyes as she looks down and starts scrolling through her phone. They are, of course, waiting for the live tweeting announcing the drawing of the Blast From The Past teams. Jake hasn’t had an account in years. Not since he fully stepped back from wrestling and saw no need to be active on the platform any longer. Jake sees Ember roll her eyes, but says nothing about it as he turns his attention back to Jax, who is now playing with his small portion of scrambled eggs.

Jake: C’mon, Jax. Can’t you just once eat your food without putting up a fight?

Ember: He never fights with me or Kittie when we feed him…

Jake snaps his head to the side and glares at her again. She cracks a smile and laughs as she looks back down to her phone.

Jake: Well then maybe you’d like to help and I’ll take your phone and keep up with the drawing when it starts?

Before Ember replies, a handful of scrambled eggs suddenly smacks Jake in the face. Jax giggles loudly and Ember even lets out a laugh, before quickly stifling it. Jake slowly turns his head and just stares at Jax, letting out a sigh as he peels off some of the bits of egg that stuck to his face.

Ember: Thanks, but I think I’ll hang on to my phone. Besides, it’s highly entertaining watching you constantly get covered in Jax’s food. Hey, looks like the drawing will be starting soon.

Jake: About time. Let’s just hope I get someone decent that can help me at least make it to the finals. And let’s hope me or Despy don’t get stuck with Mikah.

Ember looks up and raises an eyebrow. Jax finally starts cooperating as he shovels some eggs in his mouth, and Jake hands him a small piece of toast.

Ember: I thought Uncle Despy wants to be teamed with Mikah? And she’s really good. You’d be lucky to be teamed with her.

Jake lets out a laugh and shakes his head. Jax reaches for his sippy cup and Jake slides it over to him.

Jake: No thanks. As good as she may be, she’s always made it very clear on her opinion on tag team matches. She usually only does it for someone she likes. She didn’t sign up for this until she found out Despy did. And those two as a team? No thanks, either.

Ember: Because you know they’d be unstoppable. I get it. So...now that you’ve said who you don’t want to be teamed with, who do you want to be teamed with?

Jake lets out a sigh as he thinks of the possibilities. He has a one in sixteen chance of getting a partner he’d actually feel comfortable with, so the odds are against him and everyone else. He spaces out for a moment until Jax’s sippy cup comes flying at his head. He has to think fast and ducks quickly just seconds before it hits his head.

Jake: Damn it, Jax! If you want more milk, you could just ask!

Ember laughs and shakes her head again.

Ember: It’s starting. And quit getting so mad when he throws stuff at you. He’ll keep doing it if you react that way. I’ll let you know once your name or Despy’s gets drawn.

Jake stands up from his chair and picks up Jax’s sippy cup. He walks over to the fridge and pours some more milk into the cup as Ember watches her phone like a hawk. She lets out a laugh and Jake panics.

Jake: What? What is it?!

Ember: Well, you don’t have to worry about you or Uncle Despy teaming with Mikah. Lachlan Kane got stuck with her. So far, nothing for you or Uncle Despy.

Jake: What about Amber Ryan? She paired with anyone yet?

Jake hands the no refilled sippy cup back to his son. Ember looks up from her phone for a moment and grins sheepishly at her father.

Ember: Amber Ryan, huh? Oh, I get it. She’s a red-head.

Jake: Em, what the hell is that supposed to mean?

She smiles and looks down at her phone again, waiting to see her father’s name. Jake stares at her, waiting for an answer, but when she doesn’t say anything, he just shakes his head with an annoyed laugh.

Jake: I know what you’re thinking, Em. And you’re wrong. Amber Ryan is damn good at what she does. People are frickin’ afraid of her. Why else would I want her as my partner?

Ember: Chill, Dad. You don’t have to lie to me. It’s no big deal. She’s hot. I get it. Buuut...you’ve got Seleana Zdunich. So, there goes that.

Ember turns her phone around and waves it, showing off the tweet announcing Jake being paired with Seleana Zdunich. Jake raises an eyebrow, but overall he doesn’t seem disappointed with the draw.

Jake: Former World Bombshell Champ, right? Married to the chick with twenty personalities?

Ember: Crystal has been around long enough for you to know who she is, Dad. And, yes. Seleana is married to her.

Jake snorts and he starts cleaning up the remnants of food that Jax didn’t eat. Jax continues to guzzle down his milk and Jake wipes down the tray of the high chair.

Jake: It’s hard saying if I know her or not. She’s got so many personalities and changes on the drop of a dime. But I’m not about to focus on her. She’s not even in the tournament so she’s a non-factor.

Ember: Uh...oh…

Ember stares down at her phone and bites her bottom lip nervously. Jake turns and stares at her, slightly confused but now nervous.

Jake: What? What now?!

Ember: Uncle Despy’s partner...It’s Amber Ryan…

Jake’s mouth drops open and he goes speechless. Ember waits nervously, but she knows how her father is going to react. Jake is suddenly snapped out of it as Jax throws his sippy cup again, only this time he doesn’t miss. It hits Jake square in the head and he giggles loudly again, proud of what he’s done.

Jake: Son of a…

Jax: Bitch!

Jake and Ember quickly turn and look at Jax as the toddler swears very clearly and loudly. Ember just blinks, and Jake surprisingly cracks a smile.

Jake: Ya know, normally I’d be mad at that, but that’s actually brilliant. He could save me a lot of money if he finishes my sentences like that. Despy would never take money from a two year old for the swear jar.

Jake chuckles, but Ember just shakes her head.

Ember: No. He would just demand payment from the parent that taught him that.

Jake goes to respond, but the doorbell suddenly rings. He looks at Ember but she shrugs, signalling she’s got no clue who it could be. Jake sighs and then walks to the door. He opens it and who does he see standing there in front of him, open hand held out but Despayre himself! Jake blinks, and looks back to Ember, confused. She shakes her head and holds up her hand defensively, and Jake just shakes his head. He takes some money out of his pocket, and hands it over to Despayre with no argument.

Jake: Not even going to ask…

Despayre: Pleasure doing business with you, sir! Hi Em! Hi Jax!

Jax lets out a squeal and Ember looks up and waves to him. Despayre then turns around and zooms off, disappearing as quickly as he had shown up. Jake just closes the door slowly, and lowers his head as he turns around to walk back over to Jax.

Sunday February 14th

Jake is currently seated on his oversized sectional sofa in his living room. He’s streaming tonight’s episode of Climax Control and all is strangely quiet considering there is a fourteen year old girl and a two year old little boy living there. Not to mention who their parents are. Jake has his large feet propped up on the coffee table  and his arms are folded as he watches Climax Control. A few moments later he’s joined by Kittie. She kicks his foot off the coffee table and hands him a beer.

Kittie: I may not be a high maintenance trophy wife or some shit like that, but I still think it’s gross to prop your nasty feet on the coffee table.

She plops down next to him, and he takes a drink of his beer before leaning forward and placing it on a coaster. He leans back and rolls his eyes at her.

Jake: You act like I don’t wash my feet. My feet aren’t nasty so chill out. Damn.

Kittie: I still don’t see why you didn’t go to the show. You signed up for the damn tournament. You know who your partner is, so it would have been smart to turn up.

Jake shrugs and focuses his attention on the TV. Lachlan Kane just pinned Hitamashii to advance him and Mikah to the second round of the Blast From The Past tournament. Jake shakes his head but continues watching.

Jake: I’ll get in touch with Seleana this week. Relax.

Kittie: Don’t fucking tell me to relax!

Jake starts laughing and Kittie immediately thinks he is laughing at her. But, he’s not. He has his eyes locked on the TV watching the first interaction between Despayre and Amber Ryan, but Kittie is not paying attention. She smacks Jake hard upside his head as jumps up off the sofa, standing directly in front of him.

Jake: What the hell?! And keep your damn voice down. If Jax wakes up, you’re dealing with that tantrum.

Kittie: Oh kiss my ass, Rage! Jake! Whatever the hell you want to be called these days. And you talk about Crystal having twenty personalities?!

Jake: Uhhh…You mind getting out of my way?

Jake looks around her at the TV. Kittie turns around and looks at the TV just as the scene fades away from Amber Ryan. She laughs and nods her head.

Kittie: What the fuck is your obsession with red-heads?! Fuck this…

Kittie then storms off, and out of the house. She slams the door but thankfully, Jax remains asleep. Jake just leans forward, grabs his beer and takes another drink as he shakes his head.

Jake: Looks like someone needs her medication adjusted again…

Just then Jake’s phone dings and vibrates on the coffee table. He grabs it and checks his newest text message. It’s his match announcement for next week and when he sees his first round match, his eyes widen. He turns the TV off, sets his beer back down and quickly stands up from the sofa. He heads towards a door leading the basement then walks downstairs. Some music can be heard playing as he heads towards another door and he pounds on it.

Jake: Em! Hey, Em, open up! We need to talk a second!

But the door doesn’t open. He growls and pounds on the door again.

Jake: Ember! Your music isn’t that loud! I know you can hear me! I need to talk to you!

Again, no response. He doesn’t bother trying a third time as he practically breaks the door down to get inside Ember’s room. Although it is hardly necessary as the door was unlocked. When he bursts inside, a computer chair spins around, and Ember stares at him, half startled by him bursting in, and half angry for the same reason. She removes a set of headphones and slams them down on her desk.

Ember: What the hell, Dad? Don’t you knock?!

Jake is about to respond back, just as angrily, but he looks around the room, taking notice of how his daughter has her room decorated. He never had before, allowing Ember the trust and privacy she had managed to earn everyday, but the irony in seeing that she was apparently a big fan of Alicia Lukas...well, he didn’t know whether to laugh, or to start ripping it all down now.

Ember: Um, hello?! Earth to Dad?!

Jake: I, uh, did knock. Twice, actually. Em, what is all this?

Ember: What is all what? And sorry, I guess I didn’t hear you. I was on a zoom call with...some friends.

Jake slowly walks around Ember’s room, getting a good look at the Alicia Lukas posters and merchandise she has set up in various shelves and such around the room. He grabs an Alicia Lukas figurine from one of the shelves and spins around to face Ember.

Jake: Umm..all this. Since when have you been an Alicia Lukas fan?

Ember: Umm...for quite a while, actually. What’s the big deal? You’ve never even met her.

Jake laughs and returns the figurine to its place on the shelf. He folds his arms and stares at Ember. She seems annoyed, but also slightly relieved, as if she wants him out of her room.

Jake: Well, I’m going to meet her next weekend. Seleana and I got booked against her and Vinnie in our first round match. So this seems a little...I don’t know. Conflict of interest, maybe?

Ember cracks a smile and starts laughing. Jake raises an eyebrow, obviously still trying to get used to being a father to a teenage girl.

Ember: Oh my God, Dad, you’re so weird. I was a huge fan of Alicia’s before you even decided to sign up for the tournament. I’m not going to just stop being a fan. I like Alicia. She’s great!

Jake: Well what about me?

Ember’s response is about to knock Jake down a few notches and prove that no matter how much he tries, someone will always outsmart him.

Ember: I don’t know, Dad. Do you like Alicia, too?

Stunned. Jaw on the floor almost immediately. Ember grins and folds her arms, proud of outsmarting her father. He lets out a sigh and then laughs, pointing at her.

Jake: Well played, Em. But, you’ve been hanging around Despy too much.

Ember: Or you just never learn.

Jake: Yeah, yeah. But you know what I meant. Why don’t we replace some of this stuff with my merchandise. Or Kittie’s. This might only be a temporary run for me, but Kittie is still active in SCU doing her own thing. Show some support for your parents, kid!

Ember rolls her eyes and laughs. She hasn’t budged from her place standing in front of her computer. Jake is starting to get suspicious, but he doesn’t call her out on it yet.

Ember: Ew, Dad. No. I don’t need any of your antique merchandise. And Kittie? She’s in GRIME. Which, I think she’s starting to go a little nutty again in case you hadn’t—

Jake: Yeah, I noticed. I got the brunt of it just a little while ago, but you know Kittie. And my merchandise isn’t antique! I’m not that old!

Ember: Still. I’m not going to decorate my room with a bunch of memorabilia and posters of my Dad. It would be kinda weird…

Jake steps forward, and the second he does, Ember adjusts her stance, still blocking the computer. He cracks a smile only for a moment, having a suspicion of just what is going on.

Jake: Em...is there a reason you don’t want me to see the computer screen? Hiding something, maybe?

Ember: What would I be hiding? Quit being so paranoid, Dad.

Jake: I’m not paranoid. I just happen to remember being a teenager. Now my childhood was a bit different than your’s but, let me warn you. I agreed to give you this room down here because I trusted you. But hormonal teenage guys? That’s another story and you better not—

Ember raises up both her hands defensively and laughs.

Ember: Oh my God, Dad! I’m not going to sneak any guys in here! If this is going to turn into some awkward sex talk, please save it. Gross…

Jake: Look, I’m just sayin’. I’m trusting you on this, kid. I may have gotten a late start on all the dad stuff, but I think you know I’m capable of chasing off any guys I don’t like. Which is all of them.

Ember: Again, relax. I wouldn’t be dumb enough to try and sneak anyone in here. Knowing you and all. Besides, all the guys at school are total losers anyway. So chill. Please.

Jake thinks for a moment and keeps his eyes locked on Ember. He knows she’s not being completely honest, but given how long it took for her to come around and accept him as her father, let alone even call her Dad...well, he didn’t want to do anything to screw it up, no matter what his suspicions were. He finally nods and looks around the room again.

Jake: Alright. Fine. But I’m serious about all this Alicia Lukas shit. I hope you’ll at least be supporting Seleana and me this week. You’re my kid and it’d make me feel better.

Ember shrugs.

Ember: Yeah. Sure. Are we cool now?

Jake: Sure. We’re...cool. And try not to do anything that might set off Kittie for a bit. I think her meds need adjusting again…

Ember: Obviously. But whatever. I’ll try and steer clear of her for now.

Jake nods and turns around. He heads towards the door and as he is about to address Ember again, she’s already focused solely on her computer once again so he decides against it. He lets out a sigh and walks out of her room and shuts the door behind him. He lowers his head and closes his eyes.

Jake: Never thought I’d see the day where I’m the calm one in the family. Fuck, I just had to go and turn into the family idiot…

He shakes his head again and laughs before he walks away. And just in the nick of time as he hears Jax screaming upstairs, which is what he was trying to avoid. He rushes upstairs and the scene fades away.

January fourteenth 2018. Full Circle. What was supposed to be SCW’s final show. That was the last time I competed in the six sided ring and it was in a tag match with Despy against some team called High Velocity. Hell if I remember who they even were, but that doesn’t even matter. All that matters is that here I am, three years later, returning to be a part of the Blast From The Past tournament. And my opening round match is set to be quite the challenge. Or, so I’ve been told. Apparently Vinnie and Alicia are a big deal in SCW, so Sel and I have our work cut out for us.

And what about them? Don’t they have their work cut out for them, too? I mean, we’re all former World Champions here, so why is there always a God damned favorite going into any match? What is it about Vinnie and Alicia that is so special, huh? Aside from the fact that Alicia is a member of some Wolfslair faction, and Vinnie is a psychotic weird son of a bitch, what makes them the team to consider the one to beat in this situation? I’ve tried to wrap my head around it but I just don’t see it. I also don’t see why this match isn’t the Main Event because again..all former world champs. Hello...obvious decision there. But whatever.

I’m not going to sit here and focus too much on Alicia because being a mixed tag team match, I can’t lay a hand on her. Not that I would, because apparently my kid is a huge fan and she’d probably hate me if I did. But that’s fine. I’ll just let Sel handle her in the ring, because despite the other decent teams in this tournament, I like our chances. I believe that no matter the amount of respect Alicia and Sel may have for one another, Sel will do what she needs to do to get the job done. But the fact is, I don’t like what I’ve seen of Alicia or her little Wolf Pack buddies, because they’re trying to be something they’ll never be. The most dominant faction in SCW.

No matter how hard they try, or what they do, the fact is that Wolfslair will never be better than the Seven Deadly Sins. Most of us are already in the Hall of Fame and been more dominant as champs than they’ll ever be. Credit where it’s due, Alicia may get her spot in the Hall of Fame some day, but she’s the only one. You see, everybody hates Wolfslair from what I hear, but Seven Deadly Sins? They’ll always be loved over everyone else. I know Alicia needs this tournament to get back to the top where she wants to be, but as long as Sel and I have something to say about it? It’ll never happen.

And that brings me good ol’ Senor Vinnie. Como estas, amigo? I said that, right? Pretty sure I did, but hell even if I didn’t, I don’t give a shit. I don’t care how Vinnie is, or how he feels going into this match, because none of it will change the outcome one bit. And you know, I’ve gotta be honest here, I was a little surprised that el muchacho Vinnie here decided to air his promo nice and early this week, because I’ve got it on good authority, that ol’ Vinnie man can’t really come up with anything useful to say against his opponents to save his life. Now, I haven’t watched what El Senor had to say just yet, because I’m not ready for that headache but I gotta give him props for not being a lazy and unoriginal S.O.B this week. Maybe there’s hope after all.

Then again maybe not. I mean the asshole is pretty unstable. The more I see of this guy, the more I try to figure out who is crazier. Vinne...or my wife. And that’s saying something because as much as I love my wife, well...she’s batshit crazy. But at least she doesn’t give a shit about people calling her out on her psychotic bullshit. El Senor Vinnie is so sensitive and doesn’t want people to use his mental health shit against him. Well, too bad. It’s gonna happen so Vinnie, my man, just grow a set of balls and get used to it. So you’ve got some mental problems. Everybody does in their own way. But you, mi amigo? You strike me as...odd.

You may be comparably nutty as my wife, but sometimes your shit just seems like a grab for attention. Exaggerated. Faked. As much as you hate the negative attention, Vinnie, you sure do thrive off of it, don’t you? And just as much as Alicia needs you to win this tournament...you need her, because we both know your glory days are over amigo. Because your chances of getting to the World Heavyweight Championship are zero without this tournament. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you just need to accept the facts that you just don’t have what it takes anymore. You probably think you do because, hey, I’ve been out of competitive action for three years so what advantage do I have, right?

Look at me, Vinnie. And not just you, but anyone watching this. Do I look like someone who has let himself go? Do I look like I can be taken out that easily just because I haven’t been actively wrestling for three years? No. I’m still the same man I was three years ago, only now...well, I’ve got three years of pent up frustration to get out of my system and sorry to say, Vinnie, but you’re the first unlucky bastard to get a taste of it all. And after that? Who knows. Maybe I’ll stick around. Maybe I won’t. I haven’t quite decided. What I do know is that priority number one, is getting Seleana and me at least to the finals. Because that...that is my first goal.

The wheels are spinning, Vinnie. And I’m starting to think that maybe...just maybe...I never got the ending to my career that I wanted. So this...this starts that journey. And I’m not about to let it fizzle away in the first round. And I’m not about to let you be the one to end it for me again. Plain and simple. Think what you want. Say what you want. It won’t save you from the shitstorm you’re about to experience, because I will do whatever, and I mean whatever it takes to get Seleana and I through this tournament and as the front runners to win the whole damn thing.

To everyone else...Good fucking luck, assholes.
>