Author Topic: A temporary return.  (Read 504 times)

Offline Amy Marshall

• Punk Whore!
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Amy Santino
A temporary return.
« on: February 11, 2021, 05:08:07 PM »
When I was in my teens, 20's and my 30's I never considered having a baby. It didn’t stem from a bad childhood or an overly touchy family member...  It was a matter of choice. Growing up I was rebellious and a little shit right up until I left home at an early age to live with my cousin. And I continued my rebellious ways with sex and drugs and less than glamourous jobs to I guess a glamourous job. I had always thought that it would be something inherited like having blue eyes and blonde or some disease... but while I realise now that this isn’t the case... it was merely down to me and my life choices and thoughts and opinions.  I never wanted a child because I thought it would turn out like me.  I had fears that i wouldn't be able to handle her/him because of the way I acted towards my parents and life.

I realise that while my mom and I still have a delicate relationship... she loved and still loves to me to this day no matter what was said and done. She wanted me to make sure i went to school and get the grades and maybe go to college and get a decent job etc.... but I threw that in her face and well our relationship hasn’t been the same since.

Beckett Zania Santino... she could still turn out like me... rebel, sex, drugs and god knows what or she could be totally different, and she could have her moments to defy me as she reaches her teens, but I won’t find that out for another twelve or thirteen years.  But I won’t get in the way if she want to express herself... but I will have to make sure she gets the grades, so she doesn’t end up in a dead-end job making pittance.

Whatever happens it will be a big life lesson to my already checkered history. But the thing is I swap this for anything else. She is one of the best things that has happened to me and I am happy.

20th October 2019
High Stakes IX
Honolulu, Hawaii

A few days before the show where it was a fatal four-way ladder match for the mixed tag team titles in Hawaii, I was feeling run down tired and just not generally feeling myself. My usual workouts were laboured as my running pace slowed, my strikes and kicks weren’t making enough impact against the pads and heavy bag and anything was just a chore. I didn’t know what was wrong and even Joey began to notice that I wasn’t myself and without a single bit of persuasion I booked a doctor’s appointment the very next day.

Now I wasn’t about to make excuses going into this match that I was tired and rundown, and I continued to work out but only light jogging and weights. The next day I visited the doctors who checked me over and found nothing overly concerning from the examination and decided to take bloods to see if there was anything there. I was told that it would the results would be back in 2 or 3 days and in the meantime drink as much as water possible and rest up. I gave a chuckle telling him that I would drink plenty but resting wasn’t an option for now at least.

He rolled his eyes and said he would call back when the results are in. I gave him all my details and told him that in I’ll be back home in California.  Which he was fine with. I Thanked him, I took a cab journey back to the hotel I was staying in but in that cab journey, it gave me time to think about the show. Maybe my feeling icky was a sign that I needed a break from wrestling again. Though my body was feeling it my mind hesitated about having a break... but I knew it had to be done and I would have to speak to Mark post-match…

The match went as expected.... Joshua and I lost and as usual London Underground won (again) crowning themselves Mixed Tag team champions.  Not saying much post-match, I thanked Joshua for teaming up and that I will see him around.  Asking if I was ok... I simply put a hand on his shoulder and shook my head no but telling him not worry.  I remove my hand from his shoulder, and I moved away as he looked back with concern on his face, but he knew that whatever I had planned that I would fine because I have Joey.

Looking for Mark I was informed that he was out of his office, but Christian was free and instead I headed to his office. 

Lightly knocking on his door… I got an enter and I swung the door open to reveal Christian behind his desk watching the show.

Christian: Ms Santino... What do I owe this pleasure?

I sat down in front of him before leaning forward.

Amy: I want to request leave.

Christian mutes the tv screen and turns to me.

Christian: effective from when?

Amy: Tonight.

I say leaning back in the chair.

Christian: Are you sure?

Christian queries making sure that it would be the correct decision.

Amy: Yes and no.... my mind doesn’t want to go but my body on the other hand is shouting STOP.

I shake my head and shrug.

Christian: Then listen to your body. I don't want you to go out there injured to make the injury or whatever worse. I will grant the request. How long will your break be?

Christian again queries.

Amy: I don’t know as yet. Maybe weeks... or months depends on how I feel.

I explain.

Christian: Mark and I will be on the end of the phone when you decide to come back. Enjoy your break.

Amy: Thank you.

I smile and stand to my feet, as Christian nods and returns his focus back to the tv screen and unmutes. I turn and leave his office as Joey catches up with me before returning to the locker room to shower and change and relax for the rest of the evening.

22nd October 2019
Santa Rosa, CA
Home of Amy and Joey.

The scene opens inside the home of Amy and Joey a couple days after High Stakes in Hawaii, the whole house was quiet except for Amy tapping away on her laptop as made plans and come up with ideas and appearances etc... for 3-X as embraced her second day off from her wrestling break. Joey, however, continued to work and no sooner had they landed Joey had to head to work, which he was on a trip to one of the many oil companies in Alaska. Still feeling drained, she has forgotten about the blood tests until a number with a Hawaii id rang.

Looking at it, Amy answered thinking it might be the hotel.

Amy: Hello.

Voice: Aloha... am I speaking with Ms Santino?

Amy: You are.

Voice: This is Dr Kim from the Kapiolani Medical Center. I have your results from your blood work. Is it ok to talk?

The doctor asks.

Amy: Yes.

Amy suddenly felt nervous.

Dr Kim: Great.  We have checked everything and there isn’t any infection.

Amy: That’s great.

Dr Kim: As I said we have checked for everything and Ms Santino you are pregnant.

<<< Silence>>>

Dr Kim: Ms Santino are you there?

Amy: Uh... are you sure?

Dr Kim: I checked it twice. I am guessing that’s not what you are expecting.

Amy:  Uh no.... how could I be. I ran out while we were in Andros, but I managed to get some more in Abacos.

Dr Kim:  Did you have intercourse in those days you didn’t have any?

Amy thought for a moment.

Amy: Yes... but I thought I that it would be still in my system.

Dr Kim: Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way.

Amy: Shit. H... how far along am I?

Amy leans back and places an arm over her head.

Dr Kim: About 14 days.

Amy: Th... thank you doctor.

Amy stutters unsure what to do next or even how to tell Joey.

Dr Kim: I’m sorry that isn’t the news you weren’t looking for.... but I wish you all the best in your future plans.

Amy: Thank you.

Dr Kim: Aloha Ms Santino.

The phone goes dead as Amy flings her cell phone away as she sits up and saves whats on her laptop before going into a search engine.

"IS FATIGUE A SIGN OF PREGNACY."

Search.

“Many women feel tired in early pregnancy. That's because the pregnant body is working overtime to maintain the pregnancy and develop milk-producing glands in the breasts. Some pregnant women notice this fatigue even as early as one week after conception, making this one of the first noticeable signs of pregnancy.

Amy: That explains a lot.

Amy clears the search before standing to her feet and begins to pace. She sits back down and re-addresses her laptop.

Search

Abortion clinics.

Amy hesitates for a moment as her cell phone rings snapping her from the sense of fear and dread. Picking up her cell....

Joey.

Amy bites her bottom lip as she debates on telling Joey or not.

Amy: Hi babe.

The scene fades out as Amy and Joey begin to chat as Amy avoids the conversation about the news she had just received as she need some more time process and consider her next move.

>

January 13th 2021
Santa Rosa, CA
Home of Amy and Joey.

Amy: I did a thing.

The scene opens on Amy sitting on the couch with her cell phone in one hand and Beckett fast asleep in her other arm following a feed.

Joey: What?

Joey queries as he returns from the kitchen and picks up the empty milk bottle.

Amy: I did a thing.

Amy repeated herself.

Joey: What do you mean?

Joey queries again before Amy answers.

Amy: Remember the Blast From The Past Tournament?

Amy says with a small smile.

Joey: You didn’t?

Amy: I did.  I entered the tournament for this year.

Amy says with a shrug.

Joey: What about your other commitments?

Joey queries.
Amy: They should be fine as for Beckett you can stay home with her.

Amy looks down at Beckett and gives her a little jiggle.

Joey: So when did you decide to enter?

Joey moves to the kitchen and places the bottle in the sink before returning and sitting down next to Amy.

Amy: For a little while on and off. Then Christian asked earlier on and thought… fuck it… why not. I had one condition.

Amy said with a shrug.

Joey: And that was?

Amy: Surprise entrant.

Amy shifted slightly in her seat.

Joey: Do you want me to take her?

Joey looks at Beckett.

Amy: Sure. My arm has gone to sleep.

Amy slowly and gentle hand Beckett to Joey before gives her arm a stretch and shake willing the life back into it.

Joey:  When do you find out about who you are drawn with?

Joey asks sitting back in the seat.

Amy: I think just before Inception.  So we have time to plan things out if you have to work.

Amy said as she thinks a little further head if Joey had to work that she could use his mom as a babysitter.

Joey: Ok then.  Plenty of time then.

Amy: That we do.

Amy stands to her feet and stretches a little while continuing to shake her arm as she looks to Joey who snuggles Beckett close to him, as Amy disappears into the kitchen.  The scene fades out on Amy at the sink as she considers of she has done the right thing in coming back for the tournament considering she had removed every from her twitter profile about SCW after not even being recognised by the radio hack Tommy Knocks.

Looks who's back!!

Well...

Sort of...

This isn't a return it's more several one-off appearances depending on the outcome of this and possible future matches.

As soon as my name was announced my phone blew up with everyone saying welcome back and good to see and about time you came back etc...  I didn’t have the heart to say this isn’t a permanent return. I just said thank you and gave one of those smiley emoji’s. But while my appearance in Blast From The Past Tourney has generated a lot of positive mews there has been some negative and query if I should return to the ring and whether \i am fit and ready etc...

I am fit and I am ready. I even got a wrestling ring installed in the backyard at home, which didn’t impress Joey too much, but he didn’t have to build it and it was with my own money. Anyway, as I was saying I’m fit and healthy... I have no doubts about getting back into the ring... in fact getting back in the ring has fired me up because I want to leave a legacy for my daughter. I want her to grow up knowing that her mother was one of the best inside the ring.... I want her to aspire to something, whether it be in something she loves away from sports or something involving sports. So I am doing this for both myself and Beckett.

Now...

My partner in this tournament... Max Burke.

Now I haven’t made it a secret that I am a fan of GRIME. So I enjoy watching the show... and when I found out that I was partnered with Max Burke. I was pretty fucking happy... I don’t care that he recently lost a title because that will push him to fight and win that title back or go for something more prestigious. I have absolutely a ton of respect for him and I’ve noticed that he has the same respect for me. This partnership is going to be great and everyone should watch us and fear us. I want to win this and all future BFTP tourneys and I want him to go on and be the best and I just merely want to win this tournament because I have never won it.

Now before everyone jumps up and down about the BFTP tourney and the mixed tag team titles being my kryptonite... I don’t see that they are. Both the tourney and mixed tag team title scene is highly competitive and very hard to win.... do I want to win them sure... am I bothered if I lose. Nope. 

But I always do try my hardest to compete at that high level no matter my tag team partner.

Now...

While I don’t know much about Mac Bane, I don’t have to worry about him too much and that’s down to Max to worry about him and kick his ass.  The only person I have to worry about is Myra Rivers.

Myra Rivers... I’ve heard nothing but good things about you. Rising star etc... record setting title holder for the Internet Championship - 6 months and counting. Congratulations. I am impressed.

What I am not so impressed by is the competition is doing nothing to in attempting to beat you. Perhaps too all self-involved with their own little battles and more important title’s. Don't get me wrong the Bombshell internet championship is what made me the first ever grand slam champion in this company... but it seems that people are more focused on other things.

Anyway... back to the matter at heart. The tournament... this should be an interesting battle. Young upcoming talent facing... a legend?!? ... facing one of the best...

Eh whatever...

I am looking forward to this battle. I want to see how much the bombshell division - if at all - evolved. What the young talent is like and if they can hang with someone like me and my years of experience. Myra... I hope you are ready for this... because I am going to come out of the blocks all guns blazing. You probably think I am a washed up has been who should go back to playing happy families and what not. That I am old and that I can’t keep up.

I don’t care what you think frankly... As I said I am 100% fit and I’ve only put on a little bit of baby weight during my pregnancy, but I am back down to wrestling weight again and I am very much ready to make a big impact and show the world I have got this.

Myra... don’t think you can sit back and expect an easy ride because you aren’t going to get it.  I will fight everything that is put in my way... and if I don’t pick up the win then Max will for the team. I just hope you can rely on your teammate. Round 1 of the BFTP tournament is where the weakest teams bomb but our team will not bomb... our team is the best and our team are going to walk out Sunday night as winners. So be prepared Myra... be prepared Mac Bane... Max and I are will be walking away winners.

Accomplishments:

2x GRIME Champion (10/07/2021 - 05/12/2021 (154 days)) (20/03/2022 - 15/05/2022 (57 Days)
1x Bombshell Champion
2x Bombshell Roulette Champion
2x Bombshell Internet Champion
3x Bombshell Tag Team Champion
- 1 x w/ Necra Kane
- 2 x w/ Jessie Salco
~ First three time bombshell tag team champion.
~ 2nd ever Bombshell triple crown winner.
~ 1st ever Bombshell Grand Slam Champion.
~ 2015 Woman of the year.
~ 2015 Feud of the Year vs. Roxi Johnson
~ 2015 Match of the Year vs. Roxi Johnson.
~ 2015 Hall Of Fame!
~ 2018 Feud of the year vs Jessie Salco
~
- 2021 Year End Awards: Story of the Year:Masked member Rainbow/minority GRIME owner unmasks to reveal herself as multi-time champion and SCW Hall of Famer Amy Santino