Author Topic: “From a Former Champ to a forever chump!”  (Read 571 times)

Online Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“From a Former Champ to a forever chump!”
« on: February 08, 2021, 06:00:27 PM »
(Keira used with permission from Keira)

Jessie had defied the odds at Inception IV, not only was her win streak in the Chamber of Extreme match alive and well but she had picked up the win over former World Bombshell Champion and two time Blast from the Past winner Evie Jordan in what many were calling the biggest win of her career to date capping off a bloody and violent feud in the process, however there was no rest for the wicked as Jessie was finding herself across the ring from another former Blast from the Past Winner, albeit one from a different training school.

That’s right, she’s taking on Courtney Pierce in the first Climax Control since Inception IV! Courtney’s wrestling career had been on a downward spiral since she won the tournament alongside Fenris three years ago as she was infamous for being the only Blast from the Past Winner to pull out of her scheduled title match, can Jessie keep the winning streak going or can Courtney turn her fortunes around?

Backstage at Inception IV, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 31st of January 2021, 21:00pm

I warned her to be ready for a war, guess my warnings weren’t enough.

The Chamber of Extreme match between me and Evie was just as violent as I had promised, I’m not even that bothered by the fact that I didn’t beat Evie with either the Wall of Death or the Circle Pit, there’s only one thing that matters.

I beat Evie Jordan, a former World Bombshell Champion, maybe now people will start taking me seriously.

I was receiving stitches in the medic’s office when I saw Char Kwon’s little message for me and I couldn’t help but scoff as I watched on, who the fuck does she think she’s fooling? Does she really want to pick a fight with me after the war I just endured with Evie?! And for what? I tried to help her beat Evie in that street fight!

I’ll have my answers sooner or later, that’s for sure.

“For fuck’s sake, how many stitches do you have for me?!” I asked the medic rhetorically as he continued to apply the stitches, in total I had fifteen stitches in my head following the Chamber of Extreme Match and was instructed to take it easy for a couple of weeks, makes me glad that SCW has its annual week off next week. “I feel like I have more stitches in me than a fucking puppet!” I added just before the door opened.

“Sorry Jessie but I have to close the wound somehow.” The medic apologised as he stitched up the last section of the wound, it was then that I glanced up and saw the person who was the World Bombshell Champion at the time. “Keira, can’t stay away from me when I’m being tended to by medics huh?”

“Seems that way.” Keira responded with a grin before the medic left us to our devices. I stood up and walked over to Keira with my arms crossed wondering what she wanted. “Just wanted to congratulate you on the big win.”

“Thanks, I think I’ll make it a policy to end all my feuds in the Chamber of Extreme if that was any indication.” I responded with a grin before glancing at the title over Keira’s shoulder. “Speaking of big matches, you ready for tonight?”

“I’ve been ready for this since Christina was confirmed to be my next challenger.” Keira responded with a nod off course we didn’t know that Christina would be Keira’s last challenger that night. “But I do have a question, if I lose the title tonight, will you stop hanging out with me?” I knew it, I fucking knew it.

“Let me guess, certain idiots have been saying that behind my back?” I asked as I rolled my eyes and Keira nodded. “They seem to forget that this whole thing started the week before you were announced as Alicia’s challenger, you were the only one on the SCW roster who visited me in hospital after the Sin attack and again, after Evie attacked me several weeks ago, just because you promised me the first shot doesn’t mean that this is just about the title!”

“I had a feeling you’d say that, but I think you should have a tweet ready just in case.” Keira added and I nodded in agreement, to be honest I had one planned since Keira’s first defence. “But it’s like you said, even if I lose, I can earn myself a new shot through the Blast from the Past Tournament.”

“Easier said than done, considering the quality of this year’s teams.” I responded with a frown on my face and Keira nodded in agreement. “Go kick Christina’s ass so hard that she develops a whole new personality.”

“Will do.” Keira responded with a slight laugh before we left the medics office, little did I know that that was the last time I’d speak to Keira as the World Bombshell Champion.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 8th of February 2021, 18:00pm

Funny how so much can change in a week huh?

Keira’s no longer the World Bombshell Champion, if that’s a spoiler for you then what rock have you been hiding under? Christina won the title at Inception IV and is set to make an opening speech at the post Inception IV Climax Control, what else is happening that night?

Oh yeah, I’m wrestling my first Climax Control match of the year.

I’m not worried about Courtney Pierce, she may have won the 2018 Blast from the Past but she’s been on a downward spiral since she came back and let’s be honest, did she really make it to the finals on her own merits or did Fenris do all the work?

I’ll just point to the career paths of the 2018 Blast from the Past winners and let you draw your own conclusions.

“Jess?” Jake’s voice rang out from the stairwell and I glanced up having taken a break from my workout to listen to “Dawnsleeper” by Monstrous. “You’ve got a visitor, and yes they are taking the necessary precautions.”

“If it’s Christina wanting to rub in the fact that she did in one attempt what I haven’t done, tell her to fuck off.” I responded as I rolled my eyes and Jake stepped aside to let the visitor in, it was a former World Bombshell Champ alright, just not Christina, rather the woman Christina beat for the title. “Here to work out?” I asked Keira as she made her way down the stairs. “Don’t you have your own gym with Roxi?”

“We do but I know you’ve seen the card.” Keira responded as she shook her head, and I paused the album before standing up. “Because we’re facing each other in the first round of Blast from the Past, me and Roxi agreed to work out separately.”

“And I’m guessing the mountain you’ve got for a partner isn’t available?” I asked and Keira nodded before she got into the ring and I joined her. “Where does SCW find these people? Slappy McGoo? Seriously?!”

“Still better than being teamed with Teddy Warren.” Keira pointed out and I couldn’t help but agree with Keira as we started sparring. “I’m just glad the tweet you put out after I lost the title was well-received.”

“It probably helps that if I tried to tag every cynical asshole in SCW, I’d need to do at least four tweets due to the character limit.” I scoffed in response and Keira had a good chuckle at that. “Up too and including Char Kwon.”

“You did interfere in her match.” Keira responded as we continued to spar. “And cost her the match in the process.”

“Do you really think Char would’ve beaten Evie without my “help”? She’s a failed tag team wrestler who’s barely doing any better as a single’s wrestler, Evie is a two time Blast from the Past Winner and former World Bombshell Champ!” I pointed out as we started exchanging holds. “And speaking off former Blast from the Past Winners, if she interferes in my match against Courtney on Sunday then she’s in for a world of pain.”

“I would say “don’t underestimate Courtney” but she’s been on a downward spiral since she came back.” Keira nodded in agreement before she got me in an arm bar, and I got out of it. “Has she won a single match since returning from injury?”

“I can’t say for certain, and it’s not like I have SCW’s resident historian Mercedes Vargas on speed dial.” I pointed out and Keira chuckled a bit at my joke. “As for that injury, I have my doubts as to whether it was legit because, well, a young upstart gets injured right before the biggest match of her career? It sounds like she got cold feet too me.”

“You’ve been wrestling long enough to know that it’s a risky business.” Keira nodded with a frown on her face and whilst she did have a point, so did I. “But I guess anything’s possible, especially when you compare her record to her fellow winner’s.”

“Yeah, no one’s terrified of Courtney like Caleb is off Fenris.” I grinned in response before we continued our training.

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 8th of February 2021, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Keira stuck around for a couple of more hours before heading home, largely because she wanted to try Shane’s cooking and, well, there’s a reason why he’s applied for MasterChef twice, still I had a job to do and that was my promo.

“Everyone thought Evie had it in the bag, everyone thought that it would be yet another loss for little old me, everyone lost a lot of money on that bet! I continued my winning streak in the Chamber of Extreme and on PPV at Inception IV by beating Evie to a bloody pulp and for the first time this year, I’ve been booked on Climax Control, my opponent? Well, I’ve gone from a graduate of the Go Gym to a graduate from Jet City South in Courtney Pierce, in other words, I’ve gone from a meal at one of Gordon Ramsey’s Restaurants, to a meal at a restaurant destined to appear on 24hrs To Hell and Back.”

In other words.

“Or to stick to the wrestling subject, I’ve gone from a former champ to a forever chump! Courtney has exactly one thing in common with Evie as far as in ring accolades go, she’s a former Blast from the Past winner but she’s also the only living winner to give up their title shot and unlike Misty, she claimed that she had to back out due to an injury, if you ask me? The only injury Courtney got was a severe case of Cold Feet Syndrome!”

Yeah, you heard me.

“In fact, I’ll go as far as to say that if Courtney had gotten literally anyone other than Fenris as their partner then she would’ve been lucky to get past round two! Don’t believe me? Look at her track record since she returned, there’s only one member of the roster who remembers when Courtney last won a match and her name’s Mercedes Vargas! And guess what Courtney? That isn’t going to change anytime soon!”

But first.

“I want to address some comments you made on twitter, first off, twice as many losses as wins? That’s cute, coming from someone who hasn’t won a match in months, second, that title shot ban wasn’t because of my win/loss record because by that same logic, the likes of Alice Knight wouldn’t be randomly thrown into Roulette Title Matches every once in a while, the title shot ban was because of certain comments I made in my last attempt to get a World Bombshell Title Shot, if you actually bothered to go back and watch the episodes from the year you debuted, you’d know that! And whilst my win/loss record isn’t the best, the fact that I have won titles, four time Roulette Champ, one time Internet Champ and three time Tag Team Champ, as opposed to you renders that point moot as far as I’m concerned.”

That’s the jist of it.

“I’m not getting into the lengths of those reigns because I’d be here all day, but the point is Courtney, you had your chance at stardom and blew it because you supposedly got injured, and until you produce proof that states otherwise, I’m sticking to the narrative that you got cold feet syndrome and pulled out because you knew you couldn’t win the title, especially after Fenris carried your useless ass through the tournament, what’s that? I’m being unfair? Compare Fenris’s record to Courtney’s and get back to me.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“You could’ve been somebody Courtney, instead you got cold feet and will likely never get a shot at the big time again, me? My stock in SCW rose significantly after I beat Evie in the Chamber of Extreme at Inception IV and I’m not about to let some never-was stop me from continuing that streak! This is the Unsainted Angel Jessie Salco signing off and Courtney? Make all the excuses you want but sooner or later, you have to accept that maybe you’re not cut out for wrestling, until then you con continue to enjoy your game of staring at the ceiling lights whilst I move on to better competition!”

I walked off as the scene fades.