Author Topic: Klättringen  (Read 724 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Klättringen
« on: December 11, 2020, 10:56:13 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, December 11, 2020
Kitchen
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
1:01 PM  PST

As unexpected gifts went, an opportunity to gain a shot at a championship was pretty good when it came to professional exploits. For Seleana Zdunich, it was an opportunity she had never had before. Seleana had never formed a tag team in Sin City Wrestling before, much less contended for its tag team championships. So now, as she sits in her kitchen, she stares at her computer as her wife yells in the next room. After a few minutes, her adopted daughter, Aurora, walks into the room.

Aurora Zdunich: Whatcha doing?

Seleana smiles and pats the chair next to her.

Seleana Zdunich: Professional research, boring stuff, ja?

Aurora climbs up onto the chair and looks.

Aurora Zdunich: Mikah? 

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I fight her Sunday. If I win, I get shot at her championships.

Aurora’s eyes light up.

Aurora Zdunich: Oh, wouldn;’t you have to find a partner then?

Seleana nods, almost laughing as she does so. It always amazed her how much the ten-year-old seemed to know about wrestling.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I would.

Aurora frowns.

Aurora Zdunich: But you couldn’t pick Mommy Crystal, could you?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No, it would have to be a male partner.

Aurora nods slowly.

Aurora Zdunich: Have you ever fought Mikah before?

Seleana nods, almost apologetically.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I did not do so well that time. It was a long time ago and I was not as accomplished at the time. She got the better of me.

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: Who would you pick if you win this time?

Seleana  sighs heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know. The two men I have known even slightly here are no longer active in the company.

She pauses to correct herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Three, sorry.

Aurora stares at her and Seleana smiles, knowing exactly what the next question would be before the little girl even manages to ask it.

Seleana Zdunich: Griffin Hawkins, Teddy Warren and Fenris.

She pauses and almost laughs at herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Griffin already had a partner so even if he was still here, it would have been disrespectful to ask him. Teddy and I do not usually get along very well and i do not think we would mesh well as a team.

Again, she nods, this time in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: And he also has a partner already in his wife and while Kate and I do not always get along, it would be disrespectful to ask her husband to team with me instead of her.

Aurora frowns even bigger.

Aurora Zdunich: I thought Fenris is back?

Seleana nods slowly, though visibly unsure.

Seleana Zdunich: There has been talk of such things, ja. If true, I would welcome him back. He has tried to help me in the past. Though, I think he has had a partner previously as well. I am unsure of his status all around so it would be unwise to plan anything on that front.

She turns to Aurora and smiles, mussing the young girl’s hair.

Seleana Zdunich: But we are getting ahead of things. That choice only matters if I am victorious against Mikah and that is a tall order. I could not overcome her abilities before and she has not lost a step in the intervening time.

Aurora shakes her head, waving a hand almost dismissively. 

Aurora Zdunich: You’ve won championships since then too! You’re not the same wrestler you used to be, Mommy Seleana! You can go toe to toe with anybody. You’ve gone out there and beaten people that not everyone else has and you’ve proven the stupid haters wrong!

Seleana’s smile brightens as she nods in agreement with her young daughter.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, this is the truth of things. I have done things since then that I had not been able to do before then. I have won championships here. I have won tag team championships elsewhere.

Aurora nods excitedly.

Aurora Zdunich: See! They should be worried about if you beat Mikah because you CAN work well in teams! You’ve shown that with Aunty Z in other places and with Mommy Christina too! You’re a threat to them and she should be working her hardest to beat you because of that!

Seleana can’t help but laugh.

Seleana Zdunich: She will be, Pequeña. Of that, there is no doubt.

Aurora smiles and hugs Seleana.

Aurora Zdunich: Can we go do something outside? Mommy Christina is still screaming at that video game she bought earlier.

Seleana chuckles.

Seleana Zdunich: Is it still not working then?

Aurora shakes her head.

Aurora Zdunich: Oh no, she got that part fixed. Now she’s just…

Seleana nods, laughing right along with Aurora.

Seleana Zdunich: Is Freja home?

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: Yes, she’s in her room.

Seleana nods to the door.

Seleana Zdunich: Okej, go get Freja and meet me outside by the car. We might go for a ride to look for ice cream.

Aurora beams and hurries out of the room as asked.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar den lilla flickan. Jag kan inte svika henne. 

On-Camera

Friday December 11, 2020
Parking Lot
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
8:35 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing next to their black Mercedes SUV as she watches her daughter playing with her cousin.

Seleana Zdunich: Opportunities come along when you least expect them. You can be simply driving along in life and one almost falls into your lap that you never expected to see.

She nods across the way to her daughter.

Seleana Zdunich: One such opportunity comes my way on Sunday.

Looking away from her daughter and cousin, Seleana smiles, nodding to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: There are two names with an aura about them in SCW. An aura that says such names are unbeatable under almost any circumstances but especially when there are stakes involved that are higher than just winning and losing. Alicia Lukas…

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: And Mikah…

Taking a deep breath, Seleana looks to the ground.

Seleana Zdunich: I have faced both of these names here in SCW. I have seen first hand what they are both able to do and I have tasted defeat from both of them in the past.

Looking back up to the camera, a smile crosses her face.

Seleana Zdunich: But I have also defeated Alicia Lukas with the World Bombshell’s Championship on the line. I was able to climb through the aura and take down the woman, even if it was only for a brief second.

Her right hand rises, her fingers barely apart.

Seleana Zdunich: Now I get the chance to do the same to Mikah and with the added bonus of if I am successful, I gain an opportunity to challenge for the Mixed Tag Team Championships.

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: It is the only championship in this company I have never challenged for previously.

Pausing again, she nods in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: Indeed, I have never really even considered challenging for them as I have never had a partner to do so with here in SCW. I would need one to do so now…

She nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: I could stand here and go down the entire list of male talent in this company but it would be meaningless because it is premature to even speak of them. I do not need a partner yet, I need to defeat you!

She nods, this time more pointedly and determinedly.

Seleana Zdunich: Mikah, you are an icon in this company. You are a woman that no one doubts can win any match you are booked into. You have proven yourself time and time again and I know personally what you are capable of…

She looks up to the sky.

Seleana Zdunich: I know what kind of mountain stands before me and I know what it would mean to make that climb! Anyone who has watched me here in SCW knows I like to climb mountains, especially when some say I cannot do so. I know there will be naysayers, but I do not hear them! I call down the thunder from the sky and say I do not fear the name of Mikah!

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Nor do I fear the woman behind it. The name stands for excellence, the woman stands a champion and I stand ready to test them both!  Others would ask if you were ready but I am not so stupid as to question you that way.

Another nod as the camera starts to zoom in.

Seleana Zdunich: I know you are ready. You are ALWAYS ready for a match. 

The camera finishes the zoom, framing Seleana’s face.

Seleana Zdunich: The question is, are you ready for what happens if I win?

Intensity stares back into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Are you ready for me to add you to the mountains I have climbed? Are you ready for the challenge that will follow? Are you ready for me to walk up to you with that chip on your shoulder, knock it off and dare you to put it back on so I can knock it off a second time?

The camera snaps to black.

Seleana Zdunich: I look forward to the climb!