Author Topic: Pre-show and High Stakes Review  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Donna Beauchamp

• View Profile
    • Donna Beauchamp
Pre-show and High Stakes Review
« on: November 23, 2020, 05:25:48 PM »
I know the last review was for Supernova/Summer XXXTreme. We had zero reviews but the site was under a transformation so no one was able to get on. Hope this time is different and we can get a few as this is pre-show combined with the SCU matches on the PPV makes this just as long as Supernova.

High Stakes Pre-show and Main Show review. It does not have to be only SCU matches. Even though this is a SCU review thread, we all took part in putting together the biggest show this website has seen for one night. Ten, yes SCW wrapped up their Tenth High Stakes. Not many places have the same PPV for 5 years let alone 10. This is the perfect time to share about all three brands. So feel free to mention anything about any matches no matter the company.

While this is posted for SCU stars to use as one of the ways to get pushed under the SCU brand. This is also a great time for SCW stars to drop a review.

As always, SCU stars who wish to do this In Character may do so. Just make sure to mark it as so.

Favorite Match:
Why:

Favorite Segment:
Why:

Favorite Surprise(If any):
Why:

Highlight of the Night:
Why:

Favorite Wrestling Spot of the Night:
Why:

Male Face that stood out the most:
Why:

Male Heel that stood out the most:
Why:

Female Face that stood out the most:
Why:

Female Heel that stood out the most:
Why:

Most standout Tag Team/Stable:
Why:

Best Spot in our match?

What spot would you like your wrestler to be doing more of or less of?

Anything you would like to add about the show can be added here.

Offline Donna Beauchamp

• View Profile
    • Donna Beauchamp
Re: Pre-show and High Stakes Review
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 06:29:58 PM »

I'll go first since I made the post. Certain things will be hard for me to review OOC as the matches are done by just two people, to highlight a spot one of us wrote is something I'd rather do with a IC post but for now, this post is OOC.

Favorite Match: Hardcore Tag titles
Why: This one had the most build overall with Kawaii Dragons leaving with the titles forcing new champions. Jeckels won the titles but not without some fuckery. Plus, this match wasn't the end. Booking during the next cycle or so I see these two teams having many battles in the weeks to come. This is just the beginning of a longer term feud between GRIME Wrestlers. along with the mixture of SCU teams that try to take the titles from GRIME. 

Favorite Segment: Angel Kash vs Cordelia segment
Why: The lengths Angel Kash is going to go though to get the title back. Angel has been the top heel if SCU but faces a new comer in the side of town where the fans boo you and want to see you get your ass kicked. Cordelia's been around for a while now. She has her share of haters, so it's going to be interesting how these two will play this up.

Favorite Surprise(If any): Not such is a surprise for me in SCU clearly so I have to go to SCW for this. Austin James Mercer loosing to Jack Washington!!!
Why: Jack is the Champion for a reason but thought Austin had it.

Highlight of the Night: Of course most would say the SCW Hall of Fame and I agree but to add something else to the table. I have to leave SCU out of this once again. FOR SCW to me was seeing, Myra Rivers retaining.
Why: Okay, I'm about to give this handler the best praised I can when it comes to how Myra is being played IMO. 2-3 years from now SCW is looking at the next Roxi or Evie or Alicia when it comes to getting that World title and putting a strangle hold on it for a while. Could be sooner but with the size of the roster and with what SCW can do with building her up in the mean time. I see Myra being the top star in 3 years tops. 

Favorite Wrestling Spot of the Night: Too hard to say.
Why:

Male Face that stood out the most: No one really stood out in SCU to me.
Why:

Male Heel that stood out the most: Father Gerald
Why: Really, I mean, Melissa and Kelli are forced out the ring after the match so Father Gearld can be an ass.

Female Face that stood out the most: Merlot Ayano
Why: She sticks out from the rest every week to be honest. This night I could point out a few more but to be fair, Merlot does it every week.

Female Heel that stood out the most: Cordelia Clark
Why: The segment after she won the TV title showed that she and Angel are going to be fighting for this spot but tonight it belongs to the new TV Champion.

Most standout Tag Team/Stable: None
Why: We have a few stables, I want to see more fleshed out segments from them. I see it's something I'll be working on with those in stables.

Anything you would like to add about the show can be added here.

I need to get with those I have facing each other at the next bug show so that I can see jointed segments. We get a few but not many, when it comes to long term angles, that falls 100% on me. I get plenty of segments but joint segments is what I like to see added on to the show more.