Author Topic: Myra Rivers (c) v Seleana Zdunich - Bombshell Internet Championship  (Read 2065 times)

Offline SCW Staff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: One roleplay per week, 10,000 words max.

Good luck!

Myra Rivers

"Full Circle: Part 1"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 10:58:24 PM »
October 25, 2020

“I never could’ve imagined this…” I thought to myself as I reflected upon my successful SCW Bombshells Internet championship defense against Maki on this night. There was a mirror in front of me, but in the moments following the title defense, I looked at the championship in front of me as I continued my thoughts. “When I first came to Sin City Wrestling, I never imagined that I’d be going into the biggest show of their calendar year as a champion. In fact, I wasn’t even thinking about championships at all. Now? I get to go back to where it all started: the biggest show of the year in Las Vegas…”

Some sentimental feeling was sweeping me as I remembered how my huge, breakout moment happened in Vegas back in 2008. That joy that was going through my heart was enough to cancel out the soreness and the twinges of pain I was experiencing from the bumps and bruises of my championship defense. Looking at the mirror, still wearing the Sidney Prescott costume I had worn on this night, I continued to reflect on the incredible situation that I found myself in.

“I was just hoping to hang in this company…” I thought to myself. “I never came in thinking that I was going to beat the women I’ve beaten since I’ve been here. I never came in thinking that I’d go on the tear that I’ve been on. I never imagined for a second that I’d be wrestling the best that I ever have at my age. I was written off so much after Carnage, it was unreal. If someone had told me to sit down and script how my career here would go, I would’ve never come up with this, at all…”

My thoughts were suddenly broken by my phone ringing. I looked at it, seeing my sister’s name and number. This didn’t bother me and I spent little time answering the phone.

“Hey sis!” I said to Adrianna with joy in my voice.

“Hey! Congratulations!” I smiled, knowing that the tone in Adrianna’s voice was overwhelmingly happy! “You were phenomenal again! I know it was tough having a bit of a brush with your old demons and darkness, but I always knew you were strong enough to prevail. You sure shut HER up didn’t you? Stupid Maki… who the hell did she think she was?”

“Now Adri, I’m not worked up over her words.”

“I know but… I can’t help it. By the way, Sidney Prescott? Interesting costume choice!”

I had a bit of a chuckle to myself, explaining why I went with that choice.

“Sidney Prescott is fitting for me, sis…” I began to explain. “...because she’s a survivor, just like me. During the entire Scream series, Sidney goes through hell time and time again… as I have throughout my entire career. But every obstacle that stands in her way, even the most daunting, she’s able to overcome and she’s able to grow stronger from that. Doesn’t that sound familiar, Adrianna?”

“When you think about it, it makes a hell of a lot of sense. You really have survived and endured so much hell in your career, haven’t you?”

“Yeah, I almost certainly have” I admitted. “But without all the hell I’ve endured from NSWA to Carnage Wrestling, I wouldn’t be capable of thriving in SCW as I am right now. I was worried for a moment that I was going to falter against Maki tonight… but you helped pull me through that… so thank you!”

“Always…” Adrianna said.

“Now I get to go to High Stakes as the Internet Champion… and everything is going to come full circle for me. The first massive show I ever wrestled was right here in Vegas and I picked up the biggest win of my career to date at that point… when I shocked the world and won that briefcase ladder match. That made my career. Now? I bring it all full circle when I come through one more time on the big stage in the same city! You’ve got my word that I’m going to get it done...”

“I believe in you, Myra! You know I always do!”

Adrianna’s faith brought out a smile in me.

“I’ll let you soak in the moment. Good night sis! Love you!”

“I love you too! Good night!”

The phone hung up after that and suddenly, I found myself in a bit of a gaze as I took a long look at the mirror.

“The journey has never been easy…” I said to my reflection. “You self-destructed in Carnage Wrestling after you had a slip there. You were the most hated, reviled person in GCW. You were constantly treated like hell in UWA. PRW had the worst ending for you that you will ever have to experience. But the worst hell you EVER had to endure and survive was where it all started in NSWA…”

Thinking about the first wrestling company I ever worked for brought some old, cold feelings back… the feelings of frustration, of isolation, of the most intense self-doubt I’d ever experience in my life before or since that time in my career.

“It’s the only company you ever wrestled for that did everything they could to destroy you… the abuse… the hazing… the constant psychological torture they put you through when they constantly made you feel like you were never going to be good enough. There’s the ‘time honored tradition’ of hazing… and then there’s what you went through to get to where you are today…”

It was at this moment when I began to reflect on that time in NSWA in the weeks leading up to my big breakthrough moment on NSWA’s biggest stage in Las Vegas…

March 3, 2008

“UGH! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!”

I was screaming at my cell phone as I was alone in the NSWA locker room. I was already feeling tense, stressed and nervous with the task at hand on this night.

“What’s wrong?” I heard the voice of a woman about my age that knew me more than anyone. She wasn’t a wrestler… not at this point. But her slightly Southern drawled voice annoyed me.

“None of your business, Jazmyn!” I snapped at her, causing my best friend of that time to be taken aback.

“I’m just trying to help…” my old friend said to me with concern in her eyes.

“It’s just my father…” I grumbled. “He sent me a text saying that I was going to lose tonight and prove that I’ll always be a disappointment to my mother… like I needed even MORE pressure tonight… the biggest match of my career… my chance to become the NSWA Women’s Champion against that bitch M.K. Paradise…”

“Don’t worry! You’ll win!” Jazmyn said with confidence, although I wasn’t feeling it considering that my NSWA record was hovering around 50/50 and I had yet to win even two straight matches. Laughter was then heard from across the room. I looked across and narrowed my eyes in anger when I saw a male wrestler standing at the door. The mere sight of him made me sick considering he was the worst bully I ever dealt with in NSWA.

“Wow Myra…” the wrestler said. “I guess your friends are just as stupid as you are.”

“Shut the fuck up, Kirk!” I said to him.

Kirk Storm. Hated him. He was a meatheaded prick who got his rocks off by bullying and hazing others he didn’t like and I was by far a frequent target for reasons I had yet to understand why.

“Do I need to remind you that you’re facing one of the most successful women in NSWA history and that alone is why you can’t win? Do I need to remind you that you’re NOT going to amount to anything in this business. In fact…”

Kirk pauses as he pulls out a dollar from his pocket and places it on the floor.

“Why don’t you do a little strip tease for me, then crawl on over and get your payment, huh?”

“WOW!” Jazmyn exclaimed to Kirk with anger in her voice. “You are a piece of SHIT!”

“You can’t talk. You’re nobody!” Kirk said to Jazmyn, angering me.

“YOU KNOW WHAT…” I said, snapping back, having had enough of his bullying. “I WILL be the NSWA Women’s Champion and you can take that dollar and shove it right up your ass!”

Kirk laughed as the former picked up the dollar. They both left Jazmyn and I alone and I was already cringing and shuddering, tears beginning to form in my eyes.

“Gosh, you weren’t kidding about NSWA…” Jazmyn tells me. “How long has he been treating you like this?”

“Since my first week here…” I said, holding back tears. “ The worst part? The higher ups don’t care! They let him do this to me! It’s clear that NSWA doesn’t value me. I have to win… I have to shut them up…”

“Don’t worry…” Jazmyn assured me. “You will…”

“Damn right…” my defiant, 23-year-old self would say… “...and when I do, they’ll never harass me again!”

27 MINUTES LATER…

“Myra, I’m so sorry…” Jazmyn told me in the locker room following my loss to M.K. Paradise. The loss cauterized the hell out of me and I was already on the verge of tears. My already declining confidence at this point had plunged even further.

“That was my chance…” I said, still feeling empty. “That was my ONE chance to prove EVERYONE wrong! That was my chance for my father to quit badgering me over my piss poor career so far! That was my chance for that piece of shit Kirk Storm to shut the hell up and to quit bullying me… and I fucking blew it, Jaz! Maybe it’s… it’s not meant to be… maybe Kirk is right… maybe NSWA is right...”

“You still have that ladder match in Las Vegas in 20 days…” she reminded me.

“I don’t even want to THINK about that…” I told her. “Like I have a chance in HELL of winning that! I think the odds in Vegas had me at +4000 or something which were the second worst odds of that field of eight. I don’t know how much longer I can take this! I don’t want to give up on my dream so soon, but I don’t know… I don’t think I can do this! Everyone here thinks I’m a joke, Jaz! I can’t talk about this anymore…”

“Myra…”

I ignored Jazmyn as I walked toward my locker room. I saw that the door was slightly cracked open which I didn’t pay any mind to. I opened the door and walked in, but when that happened, a whole bucket of rotten anchovies spilled all over me with the bucket itself just missing me!

“What the FUCK?!?!?!?!” I screamed. Jazmyn caught up to me and she was stunned. We both heard laughter and sure enough, Kirk was approaching us. He stood in front of us with his hands behind his back.

“Damn… something smells fishy around here…” Kirk said with a smirk on his face. “Is it the anchovies… or is your career? Once again, you have a chance to actually be somebody… but… you blew it… as usual!”

My spirit inside of me was slowly slipping away now that Kirk Storm, my worst enemy in NSWA, was beginning to run up the score on not just the loss I just suffered, but my awful start to my career as well. I barely had any courage to say the words that were about to come out of my mouth.

“...did you do this?” I asked him with a tone in my voice that sounded like I was about to break.

“WOW! Maybe you’re not some dumb, Florida moron after all!” Kirk said. “Of COURSE I did!” hearing that brought tears to my eyes again.

“Why?” I asked, with a whiny, heartbroken tone of voice that indicated that I was on the verge of giving this up forever.

“WHY?” Kirk mimicked in a mocking tone of voice. “Because you’re WORTHLESS, that’s why! Who the fuck do you think you are? You’re just some cheap, plastic whore from Miami that had her whole life handed to her by her daddy and you want to come into PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING when there are many women like YOU infesting this business being bottle blondes and having fake breasts, strutting around, showing off their ass… FUCK THAT! You’re just another one of those whores… those breasts ARE fake right? Don’t answer that.”

“How can you treat someone like that?” Jazmyn interjected in vain.

“I’m sorry, who are you again? I’m talking to fake tits who only got into wrestling with daddy’s money and blowjobs.”

“I’m not that…” I said, still trying in vain to reason with him, his latest quip gutting me.

“Your win-loss record indicates otherwise, slut!”

“My mother wrestled…”

“What a waste of genetics! She should’ve aborted you! You think I’d EVER like someone that’s in MY SPOT? I should be in that golden opportunity ladder match… NOT a whore like YOU that will NEVER amount to anything! You’re the biggest waste of space I’ve EVER met in my career!”

“Stop it…” I said through the tears strolling down my face, being nowhere near as strong as I am now. Jazmyn lightly touched my shoulder trying to help me pull through this. “...just stop… please? I’ve done nothing to you… ever…”

“HELLO? Did I just NOT explain that you have MY spot in that ladder match? You STOLE that from me, you goddamn whore! You did something to me!”

“What’s it going to take for you to stop?” I asked. “You’ve done nothing but treat me like shit from the day I got here. I’ll do anything… just name it… please… I want this to stop…”

Kirk laughs at my desperation.

“You want this to stop?” Kirk asked with a mocking scoff. “How about you give me that spot?”

“NEVER…”

“Or… you can strip down to your underwear, crawl around like a dog and beg me to stop! Hell, I’ll even give you a dollar! Make it quick! I can’t stand you smelling like dead fish for much longer.”

I didn’t have it in me to even say anything and the breakdown I was having became too much for me to snap out of.

“Or… you can quit. It’s not like anyone in NSWA would miss you. Maybe you can go be a fashion model or something. That might be what you’re best at. But the bottom line is… you don’t deserve to be in that ladder match. You don’t deserve to be a wrestler. I don’t even know why you were ever hired to begin with. So what is it going to be? Are you going to give me that spot? Are you going to beg me to stop like the dog that you are? Are you going to quit? What’s the point of staying in the ladder match when you’re a total long shot to win against some of our best, none of whom you’ve ever beaten before? Some of whom you’ve already lost to? Deep down… you know I am right…”

While my face was flooded with tears and while my spirit was shattering more by the second, there was some tiny part of me that was still hanging on to some glimmer of hope. I looked back at Jazmyn, who was trying to keep herself together, and then back at Kirk. In this one moment, enough anger filled me to have one last gasp of defiance…

“You can make all of this go away just by giving me what I want…”

“...never…” I said in a soft, angry tone. “I’m not quitting… I’m not giving you my spot…”

“That’s too bad…” Kirk said, before dumping a bucket of gravy that he was hiding behind his back over my head. To complete my utter humiliation, Kirk shoved me straight down and it was only with Jazmyn’s quick reflexes that I didn’t completely fall to the floor and potentially whiplash right off of it. Kirk just scoffed at this. “I’m hoping that they never fire you now. Torturing you is way too much fun!” Kirk just laughed as he finally left me alone. Jazmyn gently set me down on the floor and shut the door and I had just lost it at this point. Tears were forming in her eyes too as she tried to console me.

“I’m so sorry…” Jazmyn said. “You deserve so much better than this!”

“I can’t do this…” I said through my own tears… and a really bad mixture of anchovies and gravy. “He’s right… I’m never going to amount to anything in this business. I’m a disappointment to my mother. What am I thinking? How could I ever think that I could ever be a professional wrestler?”

“Myra… please don’t listen to that…”

“I can’t help it, Jaz! I can’t deal with this anymore. Everyone here thinks that I’m nothing… and they’re right! I am nothing! I can’t keep a five hundred record. I’ve never even won two matches in a row. All of my wins are against other rookies or chumps that somehow still have a contract when they shouldn’t.”

“But…”

“But NOTHING! I know what I’m going to do! I’m going to admit defeat and give in to my father. I’m going to wrestle that stupid ladder match in Vegas… and… and then I’m done! I’m going to be done with NSWA. I’m going to be done with wrestling…”

“WHAT?” Jazmyn said in shock. “Myra… you’ve dreamed of this since you were seven years old! You can still win that ladder match…”

“I won’t…” I said in defeat. “I already know that I won’t. That’s why I’m willing to just give up… if people like HIM are a regular part of this… then I don’t want to do this anymore…”

Jazmyn became my shoulder to cry on at this point as I didn’t say another word for the remainder of the evening. This night ultimately was the closest I ever came to completely giving up on the professional wrestling business. I had no strength, no confidence and no will power to push on. I only had enough in me to make it to Vegas and to wrestle that ladder match… a match that nobody had given me a chance to win. This was an incredibly significant hell that I had to overcome in order to become the wrestler that I am today. Just remembering this night… how I was ready to give it all up… how I was ready to give in to the bullies and the haters… it still gives me chills, even now.

November 5, 2020

Even as I was looking into the mirror of my first floor bathroom in reflection and playing that scene in my mind again, as I had done after I had defeated Maki, I was still experiencing those feelings all over again.

“That’s why High Stakes means the world to me…” I said to myself. “I can never forget the struggle that I went through in my rookie year. I can never forget the horrors that I endured in the NSWA locker room that I had to overcome to have my moment in Vegas 12 years ago. When I pulled off that moment, I knew what it took to silence my critics and finally prove them wrong. The sad thing is, even after I had my moment, NSWA still didn’t see any value in me. They recognized that I was capable of being a TV or a Women’s Champion, but they always thought I was incapable of carrying a wrestling company as a world champion… and then I went to WXWF and PRW and proved them wrong…”

I paused, smiling with pride.

“Going to the biggest show of the year, in that city, and defeating Seleana Zdunich… it would be an incredible and inspiring reminder of where I started, where it all began and everything that I had to overcome… EVERYTHING… to be where I am now. It would be a great reminder that I have overcome and can STILL overcome the worst of the worst I will ever have to endure in this business. It really has been one hell of a ride…”

“That it has…” I heard Adrianna’s voice from behind me, causing me to be startled. “...I hate to interrupt your inspirational nostalgia trip, sis… but you’ve got a former protege that wants to talk to you.”

“...what the fuck is Andrea doing here?” I asked. “She clearly burned her bridge with me, remember? I don’t need her negativity, okay? Tell her to leave.”

“As much as I’d LOVE to tell Andrea to fuck off… I’m afraid that’s not possible.”

“Why not?” I asked with a bit of an annoyance.

“Because… Andrea isn’t here…”

“So… if it’s not Andrea, then who is it?”

“That would be me!” I heard a familiar voice say and it was a voice that I’ve known for many years, even decades. I left the bathroom to see that Jazmyn Rain was standing there. I raised an eyebrow in surprise considering that Jazmyn and I have had strained relations over the years as a consequence of my own dark period back in GCW. Adrianna nodded in my direction before she went to my backyard, leaving us both alone and creating a bit of an awkward tension considering how our close friendship during the NSWA days turned into a nasty rivalry in GCW, largely due to my own fault.

“Jazmyn. Hey. How’ve you been?”

“Hiatus. You?”

“Internet Champion.”

“Fun.” Jazmyn said.

“Why did you want to see me?” I asked her.

“I was there with you 12 years ago, remember? I know how much going back to Vegas on a big stage supercard means to you considering what happened before. I was right there with you when you overcame the hell that you were going through to win that ladder match and to have your breakthrough moment. You know how much seeing you accomplish that means to me because that moment would be my main source of inspiration when I became a wrestler myself.”

“I appreciate that Jazmyn. You want to have a seat?”

Jazmyn sat on the main living room couch and I walked over to sit right down next to her.

“What a crazy time that was back in NSWA, right?” Jazmyn asked me. “I remember I was the only one in the world, prior to you believing it yourself, that thought you had any chance to win that ladder match.”

“I remember…”

“And needless to say, my old friend, I have every ounce of faith in you that you’re going to retain that championship on the grandest stage against Seleana! You’ve got this! I believe in you just as much now as I did back then!”

I smiled with delight knowing that already, I was experiencing a full circle moment.

“After all, Seleana Zdunich is an EASY opponent that you should have NO problems beating. There’s no possible way she can beat you!”

My eyes widened in surprise and my smile was gone. That brief moment of joy gave way to surprised disappointment.

“What?”

“Myra, you heard me! You’re on FIRE! You’re an ageless wonder! SCW couldn’t have given you a better opponent? God, you’re going to retain in a snap!”

“Jazmyn, how can you think that? Oh god, don’t be like Jay when he trashed Sam Marlowe… please?”

“I’m not trashing her! I’m just speaking the truth. Seleana has been in a slump lately. She lost four matches in a row, including to YOU not that long ago, before she finally won against… WHO again? Not to mention, she’s SO DISTRACTED! Like… wow… she can’t focus on her own shit because she’s so tied up in Christina’s… so how is she going to beat you?”

I shook my head, disapproving of Jazmyn’s comments.

“What?”

“Jaz, YOU of all people should know better!”

“But you’re the favorite to retain!”

“I don’t care! Seleana was in the main event of last year’s show! There’s no reason to dismiss her. If I dismiss her, then I am no better than those bastards in NSWA that dismissed me for months before I shut them up in that ladder match.”

This suddenly brought a guilty expression on the face of my old friend. She swallowed her pride and sighed, further expressing her guilt. This remorse from her gave me a big sigh of relief knowing that Jazmyn wasn’t doing what Jay did with Sam after all. I knew at this point that Jazmyn’s comments were out of ignorance, unlike Jay’s whose comments about Sam were just to be mean and to put her down.

“You should know better considering your own career. I know you remember how everyone wrote you off when you started. I sure as hell remember even ME writing you off in GCW and you constantly proving me wrong. For someone who didn’t like to be counted out, you shouldn’t be doing that with Seleana.”

“You’re right, Myra. I’m sorry” Jazmyn said with a sigh. “I really let my confidence in you get to my head. But… you have to look at the facts. For this being a full circle thing for you… ironically, you’re in the OPPOSITE of where you were 12 years ago. Then, you weren’t given a snowball’s chance in hell to win, but now? You’re the favorite.”

“That’s exactly why I am not writing her off… because I know what it feels like to be written off, to be doubted, to go through the hell and the pain and the struggle that Seleana herself has gone through. Back then, I’m exactly where Seleana is right now: slumping, self-doubt pouring in, distracted, questioning myself a hell of a lot, dealing with so much emotions. She’s had so much shit happen to her with Christina getting hospitalized, with her losing the Roulette title, with Andrea beating the shit out of her a while back… but at the end of the day, that gives me no excuse to underestimate her. Her name still carries plenty of weight and if I make the same mistake that those NSWA doubters made with me, then there’s no fucking way I’m leaving High Stakes as the Bombshells Internet Champion. I CAN’T underestimate her, Jaz! I CAN’T let my guard down. I don’t give a damn about what the Vegas odds say. I don’t give a shit if I’m favored to win. I not only know what it’s like to be the underdog, I know how to win as one too… and I KNOW for a damn fact that SHE knows how to win as an underdog! She ended Alicia’s first world title reign for fuck’s sake! WE have to be better than my haters from the NSWA days, Jazmyn.”

Jazmyn has a bit of a smile and even a chuckle to herself.

“What is it, Jaz?” I asked her.

“I hate it when you’re right…” Jazmyn says, taking things in stride with a continued smile. “But you’re right. Again, I’m sorry.”

Jazmyn takes a pause as she processes the words that I just told her. She even expresses some sadness, which caught me by surprise.

“I forgot for a moment how terrible you were treated before you won that ladder match. You went through so much pain and so much heartbreak. The way you were bullied in the first few months there was just horrible. I remember how much it hurt me to see you want to give up your dream because of those awful people and how you just wanted to give it all up once the show came and went. We were such close friends back then and I remember that I wanted to do whatever it took for you to get you to push on…”

“Jaz, I’m grateful that you never gave up on me…” I said, reflecting on that time. “...I’m grateful that you didn’t write me off like everyone else had. You know… all these years later… and I just realized that I never said ‘thank you’ for sticking with me and inspiring me to stay the course and give it my very best no matter what. That whole experience gives me so much perspective going into this title defense and I’m never going to lose that again… so… thank you for being the one person back then that never gave up on me…”

This thanks brings a smile to Jazmyn’s face again for a brief moment.

“You know what to do. You know why you’ve become so successful over the years! It’s because you know that the critics didn’t matter… that all that mattered was that you believed in yourself… That’s how you’ve made it in Sin City Wrestling… and that’s how you’re going to have your incredible full circle moment... by remembering that and embracing that again… and I want to be there with you to experience that moment with you!”

“Really?” I asked with a beaming smile. Jazmyn nodded in response. “Wow… that… I had no idea that would mean a lot to me but… it means so much to me that you want to!”

Jazmyn and I exchanged a hug. Whether or not that meant a rekindling of an old friendship was something that remained to be seen.

“At High Stakes… I’m going to show the world how much my struggles have shaped me into the champion I’ve become. ”

After Jazmyn and I broke our embrace, our conversation shifted to more of a regular chit-chat, veering into a conversation that was geared more toward our personal lives, an old chemistry between us being renewed almost as if our friendship was never strained at all. I had just gotten a boost that I had no idea I needed… and this combined with my full circle perspective made me feel even better about my chances of retaining on Sin City Wrestling’s grandest stage…

But still… I knew it was no excuse to let up, especially knowing Seleana’s struggle that she’s been having as of late and how all it takes is one huge win on the right stage to get things going again or… in my case back in 2008, to get going at all. I knew that while the roles were reversed, if I was going to have that moment that would mean so much to me, that I would have to have the very passion and motivation going into High Stakes that I did in that ladder match many years ago.

Knowing me? I’m damn confident that I will!

November 14, 2020

I was feeling quite sentimental and confident as I stood in front of the camera that had just come on. The SCW Bombshells Internet Championship was slung over my shoulder as I looked around the familiar venue I found myself in. I was inside of a ring that was inside of Caesars Palace, the exact location where I had the breakthrough moment of my career that silenced the critics and proved to myself and so many people that I could be a star in this business. It was an incredibly motivating feeling to be back where it all began to me and that feeling was something that I was carrying with me when I began to express my thoughts.

“When I first got to Sin City Wrestling, I had so many people that were writing me off. ‘You’re too old, Myra’, was one of the first things that I heard from some of the detractors. ‘You’re too toxic, Myra’ was another thing that I heard and that one hurt because there was always a degree of truth to that and I didn’t quite leave Carnage Wrestling on the best of terms. I was written off as someone that was going to be swallowed alive by the toughest competition that I’ve ever faced in my career. I know for a fact that there were some that thought that I wouldn’t even last the year. Well, here I am… not only having made it to the biggest show on the SCW calendar, but with an eight and one record, a seven match winning streak and the Bombshells Internet Championship. Many were surprised… but honestly? I wasn’t that surprised. I knew that I was capable of doing great things here and I had never stopped believing in myself even after that embarrassment in my second match here. You want to know how I managed to do what I’ve done here, Seleana Zdunich? I’ll give you the short version of an easy answer: I had done it before. I had walked into a wrestling company many years ago and I was quick to be written off and told that I wasn’t going to amount to anything. And it was here in this ring, on March 23, 2008, when I was in a golden opportunity ladder match, with a title shot for the next year on the line, a complete LONG SHOT that was written off by everyone except for myself and one of my best friends… and I shocked the world! It was right here in Vegas where I officially became somebody in this business… and that’s why this match right here means the world to me, Seleana!

This match is one that I WANT to win… that I HAVE to win… not just to remain the Bombshells Internet Champion, but for the incredible, sentimental motivational boost that this match would give me. This match for me is a reminder of where it all began and how I became the champion that I’ve become in this business for so many years. I would’ve never become a 4 time world champion, or a 19 time overall champion, or the Internet Champion that I am today without the big breakout moment that I attained here. THAT is how much this means to me, Seleana. But what does this match mean for you? Don’t get me wrong, I like you. I was happy with how our prior encounter in that champion versus champion match went because you gave me your best and you were definitely into it. But this time around… I don’t know. I have heard whispers from people that you don’t deserve this title match. That’s not ME saying that, but I’ve heard it being said. I’ve had to actually defend you against some critics that state that you don’t deserve it and for someone that is so hung up on what other people think, I thought I should let you know that. They’re saying that because of the slump that you’ve been on, that you don’t deserve it. But I don’t believe that. There’s no doubt in my mind that you DO deserve this title match and the opportunity to be a grand slam winner in this company on the biggest stage of them all. There’s no doubt in my mind that you’re good enough. My doubts about you aren’t whether you deserve this or your abilities. Any doubts that I have about you?

It relates to whether you even WANT this!

This match was announced about a month or so ago and in your most recent promos and your recent on air appearances, you’ve only mentioned this match ONCE! While I’m giving interviews promoting this match to the best of my ability and on top of that, I’m going out and defending this title against Maki, you have neglected to say ANYTHING about this match at all. The one time you actually mentioned me and mentioned this match? You were ‘keen about something else’. You had the opportunity to talk about our match and give it some extra promotion and meaning, but you instead, decided to talk about Andrea’s cage match with your step daughter. I get it, Seleana. I completely understand that Andrea hurt someone that you love. I totally understand that she hurt you too and nobody feels worse about that than I do. I get that you want Christina to get her revenge on Andrea and I am all for that, but at the end of the day, Seleana, you’re NOT facing Andrea at High Stakes. You’re facing ME! I feel terrible for what Andrea did to you because she was my protege. Hell, I even felt responsible at one point. But at the end of the day, I know that I CAN’T harp on that. My focus is retaining this championship and bringing things full circle. I busted my ass against Maki, giving it my all, so I can get to this match against you. Facing you on this show means the world to me because you’re one of the most decorated Bombshells we’ve ever had.

And yet… all you’ve been is distracted!

You’re so caught up with Christina’s affairs that you can’t even focus on your own. It’s almost as if ever since you lost the Roulette Championship to Johanna Krieger that you haven’t been the same Seleana that these fans have come to know and love. I don’t know if losing the title to her affected your confidence in any way, but you haven’t been the Seleana that we know and love since then… and this is especially true since that loss to Andrea. I can’t put my finger on it. My cousin is the therapist and not me after all… but I’ve seen you in that ring, competing to your heart’s content… and I’ve noticed a Seleana Zdunich that has been completely distracted. A few weeks ago, you faced Sam Marlowe in a graveyard match and that was a perfect opportunity to build up some momentum! That match was your opportunity to get going again! What better way to build some momentum then to overcome someone that I had beaten recently? Your focus should’ve been THAT.

Instead?

I paused and sighed in disappointment in what I was about to say.

“You were focused on catharsis. Instead of saying ‘Sam, I’m going to beat you to show Myra what I’m made of! If she can beat you, so can I… and I can do it better!’, you mentioned Andrea getting hers. That was one of the first things that came out of your mouth in that promo. Just THAT… you’re already showing how unfocused you were against Sam. You even tell Andrea to take her ‘clone skit and shove it’ before you even talk directly to Sam at ALL. You could’ve brought up her recent challenge against me and you didn’t even do that. Instead, you’re focused on getting some anger out. It wasn’t about building yourself up for this very match, it was about getting some catharsis from everything that’s happened with Andrea. Sam took advantage of that as any true contender would and she beat you because you were focused on the wrong thing. I will never question your desire, but your focus? Where has it been lately? You’re coming into this match with at least SOME modicum of momentum with your win over Bea, but is it enough? On the surface, it just might not be considering the way you talked about Bea and the way you treated her. I heard that promo and to me, it sounded like you were insulted by facing her. I got the vibe that you were feeling like you were too good to face Bea because the way you were talking to her and about her? It’s almost as if you were talking about her the same way others have talked about you. You won that match, sure, but again… no mention of our match. No promotion of our match and I understand that Bea Barnhart isn’t exactly at your level yet, but I watched that match and I watched someone struggle to win against Bea Barnhart more than she should have.

This match doesn’t feel like it’s a priority to you, when to me, this match means EVERYTHING!

The fact of the matter is, the slump that you’ve been on combined with your lack of focus lately gives me every excuse and reason to overlook you and to treat you like you’re beneath me, but it’s not in my nature to do that. I could never do that, especially when I’ve BEEN in your shoes before! You think I don’t remember what it was like to have people tell me that I don’t deserve anything? You think that I don’t remember what it was like to have people bully me, haze me, try to run me out of this business? You think I don’t remember that time in my career where people thought that I wouldn’t amount to anything? Because I DO remember all of that! I could never forget it! I could never forget how I stepped into this ring and how in ONE match, I went in there against seven other people in a ladder match and I scaled that ladder and proved SO many people wrong and shut SO many people up! I could NEVER forget that moment, in this ring that I am standing in right now, where I became somebody and sure, maybe High Stakes isn’t taking place here at the Caesar’s Palace, but this full circle moment I am about to have with my title defense and possibly my victory over you is still going to mean the world to me. I’ve gotten to where I am now because I NEVER forgot where I started. We’ve been through similar experiences, Seleana. We’ve been tormented by the critics and doubters in the past. That’s why I CAN’T underestimate you and why I WON’T coast against you because you are extremely capable of doing the same thing I did 12 years ago.

Our last match, I was hoping it would teach you a lesson on believing in yourself and being able to move past all of the past talk that you’ve heard. I was hoping that it would teach you how to be stronger so you wouldn’t have to be talking about how nobody thinks you can do this, nobody thinks you deserve that, nobody thinks that you’re capable… and so on and so forth even AFTER you’ve accomplished everything that you have. And I hate to say it, Seleana, but it didn’t teach you anything. When you went into your title defense against Johanna Krieger, there you were, AGAIN, talking about how everyone said you didn’t deserve this and how nobody thinks you deserve that… AGAIN focusing so hard on the cynics and critics even AFTER I pointed this out to you before our last match. In our last match, you compared yourself to me. You talked about how I’m everything you’re not. In your praise of me as a champion, you’re putting yourself down as the champion that ‘doesn’t deserve it’. I can’t imagine your feelings have changed considering how things have gone for you since our last encounter: you lost your Roulette title, you lost to Andrea when you tried to avenge Christina, you lost to Sam when you had a chance to build up some huge momentum and like Sam, you’re someone who doesn’t fully believe in themselves and always feels like they have to prove something to the haters no matter how much you accomplish.

Here, we have a bombshell who could very well be a Hall of Fame member in her own right, but someone who doesn’t SEE herself as such. She still sees herself as what she was when she first started because she’s still paying too much attention to everything everyone says about her.

...and that’s too damn bad. I feel for you. I even EMPATHIZE with you because I’ve had that feeling about myself before.

But the reason why I am what you are not is because I’ve grown past all of that. I’ve learned to truly believe in myself. I’ve learned to embrace my past. I have learned that the past is nothing to be ashamed of. I have learned that all the hard times I ever went through whether it’s a tragic loss in a big match or whether it’s people in the locker room hazing and bullying me trying to get me, are things to be PROUD of, not to be ashamed of. I am the champion that you are not, not because you’re not good enough to be that champion because you very much ARE, but because while you stay stuck in the past, speaking of the shit that you’ve been through as if it’s some type of burden, talking about how you STILL have to prove yourself to them… I’m telling you that I don’t need to prove NSWA and all the bullies I dealt with wrong… because while you don’t feel like you have with your haters, I feel like I finally have with mine. I’ve gone through my own shit too, Seleana, some of it self-inflicted, but I’ve never stopped fighting and I’ve never stopped believing. You have all the tools in the world to be something really great, but psychologically… whether it’s still feeling like you need to prove yourself to the haters… or whether it’s focus as it’s been lately… where you’re so distracted by other things and you have constantly neglected to build up our match… you’re holding yourself back. That’s not me, or any critic you have in the locker room holding you back, that’s Seleana Zdunich holding Seleana Zdunich back.

I don’t doubt what you’re capable of.

I don’t doubt your pedigree.

You’ve been in the main event of this show before. You defeated Alicia Lukas for the world title for a reason.

Your name and your accomplishments alone gives me enough reason to NOT overlook you no matter how much you’ve slumped lately or how much anyone else may be saying that you don’t deserve this match. I’m not about to make the same mistake against you that many of my old critics made against me back in the day.

But the one thing that I DO doubt is your focus considering how little you’ve even mentioned me or mentioned this match as soon as it was announced, especially after I retained against Maki. Still, I know at the end of the day, how focused you are on this match isn’t my problem because I know EXACTLY how focused I am going to be and for me, THAT is what really matters. I’ve been focused on getting to this match since it was announced. I’ve been focused squarely on you since I defeated Maki and that’s going to shine at High Stakes… just like I am…

I’m going to remain the Bombshells Internet Champion by going right back to the beginning and remembering every ounce of motivation and heart and focus that I had in my soul when I had my big breakthrough moment here… and what I’ve had in my soul ever since then! I’m going to attain a full circle moment that’s going to mean everything to me. As good as you are, Seleana, I’m not about to let you take that from me.

And when I do defeat you again… hopefully you DO learn something positive out of it… for your own sake.

At this point, I shut off the camera… and from there, I continued to reminiscence about where it all began for me right here in this very city...

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: Myra Rivers (c) v Seleana Zdunich - Bombshell Internet Championship
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 11:50:04 PM »
Off-Camera

Monday, October 5, 2020
Home of Crystal & Seleana Zdunich
Los Angeles, California
8:10 AM  PDT

The knock on the door was coming and Seleana was waiting for it eagerly. It wasn’t every day that a cousin would come to live with her like this, but then Freja Lindström was no usual cousin.

She was the younger sister of fellow wrestler, Maja Lindström, a woman who had started out as a workout partner for Seleana’s middle sister Zenna and Zenna’s fiancée Linnéa Lacroix’s respective in-ring comebacks that had both started in 2017. Maja had joined them in a three-woman tag team called the Fallen Angels in 2018. Zenna and Linnéa had both put their careers on hold originally in 2012 while Maja’s debut as a Fallen Angel was her in-ring debut overall.

Freja was coming for something similar.

She was coming to help out with little ten-year-old Aurora Martinez. Seleana and Crystal knew they would need it since they would both be leaving the house regularly for work and they would not be able to take the young girl with them given that she was only ten, there was still pandemic going on and her immune system was compromised given that she was a cancer survivor. This had presented a slight problem given that, upon the death of her biological mother, Angelica, custody was to pass to them and the other available help to them, Crystal’s daughter Brittany Williams-Annis, daughter-in-law Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis, son Brayden Williams, and mother Mary Hilton, all had other problems that would stand in their individual ways.

Brittany and Halo would have the same problems Seleana and Crystal would as they were both active wrestlers with multiple employers. Brayden was only barely of legal age himself and had not yet established himself yet and Mary was still early in her recovery process and was living with Brittany and Halo in San Clemente. With most of the other members of Seleana’s family living in either New Orleans or New York City, Halo’s twin sister currently splitting her time between Canada and Asheville, North Carolina and the rest of Crystal’s family living in Detroit, some one had to agree to come to Los Angeles and split time between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Freja Lindström would be that person.

Freja was twenty-two, born in Halmstad just like Seleana, Zenna, and Katra Zdunich, as well their collective first cousin, Alexi Zdunich-Priest and Freja’s elder sister, Maja. All six had now moved to America for professional reasons.

Freja would be only the second one to move for a profession that had nothing to do with combat athletics.

Seleana can’t help but smile to herself at the thought of Freja coming to their home. Freja had spent the last two years in New York City helping to care for Alexi’s five children, two girls, nine-year-old Scarlett, and seven-year-old Amber, and the five-year-old triplets, Jesse, Elias and Eric as well as Alexi’s brother-in-law’s daughter, seven-year-old Kaari. She had been thinking of trying to become involved in child care as a profession but was not sure how that world in this country and so had come to New York and gotten what amounted to on-the-job training with her cousin’s household.           

And now, she would come to the west coast for another cousin.

As Seleana nods to herself, the knock she had been waiting for, finally sounds. Seleana steps to the door and finds Freja standing there. The two smile and embrace each other, Crystal walking into the room and nodding.

Crystal Zdunich: Is this her?

Seleana turns towards her wife, moving out of the way so that both can see each other.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja! Christina, thi is Freja. Freja, this is Christina. I know you were both keen to meet each other again.

Freja nods.

Freja Lindström: Ja, this is the truth!

She steps inside, Seleana closing the door behind her as she comes in.

Freja Lindström: I hope I will be adequate for your needs.

Freja pauses to take in her new surroundings. As she scans the dwelling, her eyes start to get bigger and bigger, shock and awe filtering both into them and her voice.

Freja Lindström: Huset är så stort!

Now it was Crystal’s turn to smile. She always liked when someone had this reaction to the house.

Crystal Zdunich: Well, when you’re the kind of star I am, you can’t settle for less than biggest and best, right, Babe?

Seleana giggles, raising a hand to calm her suddenly wowed and somewhat scared cousin. 

Seleana Zdunich: Det finns ingen ko på isen.   

Freja cocks her head and Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Do not worry, Chickie, it is not always like this. Christina just likes to show off. She is proud of what she has accomplished in her career. She worked hard for this, to make something of herself and now, look around you.

Freja nods.

Freja Lindström: Is it true then? That she started with less than nothing in Detroit?

Seleana nods affirmatively.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja. She had to fight for everything and she made it, as have I. Now we need your help.

Freja smiles.

Freja Lindström: I am happy to be of service. Helping with Alexi and Angel’s children was a joy!

Crystal smiles, quite pleased at everything she’s hearing. 

Crystal Zdunich: You’re gonna love Aurora! She’s so awesome, she’s sweet and smart and so good at everything!

Seleana can’t help but smile wider.

Seleana Zdunich: She really is a wonder, I’m so keen for you to meet her!

Crystal nods enthusiastically.

Crystal Zdunich: She’s gonna love you so much!

Freja Lindström: I am happy to meet her as well.

Seleana Zdunich: We will go see her later. We need to get you settled and then we can go see Aurora.

Freja nods happily.

Freja Lindström: Ja, I am happy to do this!

Crystal smiles broadly as well.

Crystal Zdunich: Brittany and Halo are coming over later. Mom will be with them, have you met her yet?

Freja shakes her head.

Freja Lindström: I have met none of them.

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: Welcome to the family. We will have to get Brayden to come as well sometime.

Freja Lindström: I am keen for it all!

On-Camera

Saturday November 14, 2020
Parking Lot
Apartment of Christina and Seleana Zdunich
Las Vegas, Nevada
10:51 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the parking lot area of her apartment in Las Vegas, staring at the lights.

Seleana Zdunich: Sometimes, I stand out here and look at the lights to wonder how we all got where we are.

She stares at the Strip, seemingly getting lost in the bright lights of the city’s most famous attractions.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed of standing here as a woman that has won championships. It was just not something I had as a long term goal coming into anything.

Her focus remains on the lights of the Strip.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed I would be standing here challenging for another on the biggest show of the year.

She exhales heavily, the lights practically dancing in her eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed I’d be married to a wonderful woman…

She pauses, allowing herself a small smile.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed I’d be married, period...

Nodding to herself, she tries to look deeper into the lights.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed when I left Halmstad that I would end up in the States, splitting time between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. I thought…

She pauses to allow herself another small nod.

Seleana Zdunich: Maybe I would visit one or the other once in my life, probably with one of my sisters or with my cousin, Alexi. She had been here in the States almost as long as I had been out of Sweden.

She crosses her arms, the lights till dancing in her eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed I would leave New Zealand and not go back.

She allows herself a chuckle.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed I would be quite happy with that decision and yet, here I am…

Nodding, Seleana’s smile broadens.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed I would be a mother to more than the animals I worked with at Orana Park in Christchurch.

Taking in a deep breath, she swallows and allows the contentment to spread over her entire body like a warm blanket. 

Seleana Zdunich: There were many things I never dreamed and yet…

Selana finally turns her attention away from the lights of the Strip to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: The only real dream I ever had was to get to work with animals and I accomplished that. Then I came to the States and allowed myself to become open to other dreams as they happened.

She nods and glances at the apartments behind her.

Seleana Zdunich: I came to the States thinking I would just find a job in the same field and allowed myself to be opened, first to staying here and then to trying the dating scene. I allowed myself to be opened to dating Christina and then to following her into her field.

The smile intensifies.

Seleana Zdunich: I allowed myself to be opened to becoming a wrestler and then to giving it a go and I became a champion!

Her hands come together and clasp in front of her chest.

Seleana Zdunich: Suddenly the dreams I never had started to compound themselves. I found I loved wrestling, that I was good at it and that I could take my place as one of the best! I found I loved it so much I struck out into other companies just to get to team with my sister so I could watch her re-emergence! I get to watch my wife, my sister, my cousin, my daughter, my daughter-in-law, my sister-in-law all go out and carve out their places in this sport, champions all! 

She shrugs almost playfully.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed I would say that…

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Now I find myself a mother of a beautiful ten-year-old daughter and I know I have to set an example for her!

She pauses to look up at the sky.

Seleana Zdunich: I look up to the heavens and say thank you, Angelica! Thank you for entrusting me with your most precious gift! Thank you for trusting Christina with it! Thank you for giving us your friendship and your love and for brightening our lives by allowing us to be in yours! We love you! We miss you!

Lowering her head, she pauses again to keep her composure, the smile now missing. Finally, she nods to herself and looks back to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Myra Rivers, we walk into High Stakes with the Bombshell Internet Championship on the line. It is the only Bombshells Championship I have yet to win.

The smile comes back, albeit slightly dimmer than before.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m so keen to be facing someone like you. One I know will play with integrity and honor. One I know will not try to make this about how terrible I am or my wife or whoever else is. One I know will not lord her championship status over me.  One I know will simply walk to the ring and meet me face to face in honorable combat. When the bell rings, you will come at me with everything you have but there will be no malice behind it. You will not be looking to do anything besides retain your championship and for that, I thank you!     

She nods genuinely.

Seleana Zdunich: I have been waiting for a match like this for so long, I cannot even begin to tell you. After so many have come along and tried to make it about anything else but the championship at hand, it is refreshing to find one that only wants it to be about that! So now you and i will walk that aisle, step into the ring and let each other have it to see who will reign supreme as the Bombshell Internet Champion! It is the one mountain in this company available to me on my own that I have yet to climb and I will make it to that summit! 

Her smile brightens.

Seleana Zdunich: I never dreamed I could climb this high but now, I find I enjoy the climb and I’m climbing for you, Myra! Here I come! 

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: Myra Rivers (c) v Seleana Zdunich - Bombshell Internet Championship
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 10:34:01 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, November 20, 2020
Kitchen
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
10:01 AM  PST

The time had come and gone.

Angelica Martinez had passed away on the first day of November and now, nearly three weeks later, things were trying to settle into something resembling normal even as the outside world continued to conspire to kill normalcy for as many people as possible.

Seleana and Christina Zdunich had settled back into their Las Vegas apartment, bringing Seleana’s cousin, Freja Lindström with them so that they could try and keep a sense of stability for little ten-year-old Aurora. 

Christina steps to the back bedroom to get ready for the flight to Pittsburgh for a match that night while Seleana sits down at the kitchen table. Freja sits in the next room with Aurora, both happily playing learning games and giggling together. Seleana can’t help but smile as her phone chimes at her. She looks to see her sister, Zenna Zdunich, giving her a video call.  She quickly answers, confusion coming over her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Shenzi?

Zenna nods happily back to her older sister.

Zenna Zdunich: Hej, Sarabi!

Seleana nods to Zenna.

Seleana Zdunich: Hej… how’s tricks?

Zenna nods back in response.

Zenna Zdunich: I was keen to ask you the same.

Seleana glances back into the next room and watches Freja playing with Aurora.

Seleana Zdunich: Christina is preparing to travel for our match. Freja is playing language games with Aurora.

Zenna frowns.

Zenna Zdunich: Language games?

Selana nods, smiling proudly.

Seleana Zdunich: Freja is effectively her teacher now and Aurora wanted to learn some Swedish. So Freja found them things to do to help that happen.

Zenna gasps.

Zenna Zdunich: That is almost dangerously cute.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know how she does it, Shenzi. I do not know how she deals with it like this.

Sighing heavily, Seleana nods her head in shame.

Seleana Zdunich: We have this big match tonight with Diamond, I have another on Sunday with Myra Rivers for a championship and…

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: I saw what she said to you. I knew it would hit its mark with you. 

Seleana waves her hand.

Seleana Zdunich: I am…

Zenna shakes her head, cutting her elder sister off.

Zenna Zdunich: Do not say you are fine and dismiss, Sarabi! I am not making hens out of feathers on this!

Seleana squeezes her hand into a fist.

Seleana Zdunich: How am I supposed to do this, Shenzi? I have to be her mother now… I’m not…

Her eyes squeeze shut.

Seleana Zdunich: It’s nearly three weeks’ time and I’m still not ready!  It’s not fair!

She pounds her fist on the table.

Seleana Zdunich: After everything that little girl went through, how could she do it? How could she just…

As Seleana trails off, Zenna nods slowly.

Zenna Zdunich: You are angry with Angelica, ja?

Tears start streaming down Seleana’s face.

Seleana Zdunich: How can I not be?  How can I? Who...am I… to be…?

As the motions overcome her, Zenna nods slowly.

Zenna Zdunich: She trusted you with her child, that is who you are in this. You are allowed to feel whatever you feel, Sarabi. You do not only have to feel good things and smile for others’ benefit. You are allowed to be angry with her!

Seleana shakes her head, still sobbing. 

Seleana Zdunich: I cannot… she gave me Aurora!

Zenna wags a finger at the camera.

Zenna Zdunich: You cannot hate her for it, but you CAN be angry with her. She was probably waiting for you to be angry with her before she passed. I cannot imagine what any of you were going through, Sarabi. I know how things were when Li, Lis, Kels and I were at our worst and I know the fear we have all since admitted to feeling when the real process started. We were all terrified that the others would not really even like us, much less love us. Angelica was probably feeling something similar.

Seleana looks back into the next room again and just shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not understand…

As she looks back, Zenna nods to her.

Zenna Zdunich: Say it out loud.

Seleana stares at the screen and shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Nej…

Zenna nods firmly.

Zenna Zdunich: Say it, Sarabi…

Seleana stares at the screen, trying to force something out but nothing comes. Zenna nods firmly again.

Zenna Zdunich: Säg det!

Shaken by the tone of her sister’s voice, Seleana can only manage a slight nod through her tears. Taking a deep breath, Selana finally gives breath to her thoughts.

Seleana Zdunich: How could she not do anything for herself.. when she know… Aurora would need her? I… do.. not…

Zenna nods slowly, approvingly…

Zenna Zdunich: You needed that… long time now…

Seleana shakes her head, lowering her face so that she’s all but kissing the table.

Zenna Zdunich: She did do something for herself, Sarabi. She made sure Aurora was properly seen after. She went from being a dying ten-year-old with an equally ill mother and nothing else to having three of you to look after her with Christina, you and Freja. She found her a family, and everything she knew she’d never be able to provide.

She pauses, watching her older sister crying against the table. Zenna takes a deep breath and then nods again. 

Zenna Zdunich: You CAN do this, Sarabi. You have been ready for years. You and Alexi were like mothers to me, to Kattunge, to Maja and Freja. It’s why Alexi’s so good at it now with her own children and why you were both there when I fell. Let us help you…

Seleana looks up to the screen.

Seleana Zdunich: I… do not know…

Zenna nods slowly.

Zenna Zdunich: It’s alright, Sarabi. It will take time, though, this is also why you were angry with Myra Rivers as well.

Seleana looks up at Zenna in shock.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag sa inte det.   

Zenna just shoots her sister a knowing look.

Zenna Zdunich: I know you did not say that. You did not have to, Sarabi. I know when you are angry the same way a small child is aware when a parent is disappointed and disapproving.

Seleana just stares at Zenna, but the redhead is unmoved.

Zenna Zdunich: She is unwilling to give you the time you need…

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: She is…

Zenna almost laughs even though there is no corresponding smile to go with it.

Zenna Zdunich: She is not seeing the whole picture and because of that, she shit in the blue cupboard.

Seleana nods and Zenna allows herself a playful smirk.

Zenna Zdunich: You might even catch her beard in the breadbox…

Seleana finally manages a small smile.

Seleana Zdunich: Perhaps…

Zenna nods back to her.

Zenna Zdunich: Are you at least keen to try?

Seleana ponders this for a second and then nods back firmly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, you know I am!

Zenna smiles broadly.

Zenna Zdunich: Good, Sarabi! Now you make sure Aurora gets a hug from me, ja?

Seleana nods quickly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, we will see you at the show?

Zenna nods back.

Zenna Zdunich: You know it!

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you, Shenzi. Tack!

Zenna smiles.

Zenna Zdunich: I love you too, Sarabi.

The call ends and Seleana stands, walking back into the other room.

Freja Lindström: Ja, you win again, Aurora!

Aurora giggles.

Aurora Zdunich: This is fun!

Seleana hugs the little girl.

Seleana Zdunich: That was from Zenna, she sends her love.

Aurora and Freja both smile.

Aurora Zdunich: You’re gonna kick butt tonight, right?

Seleana smiles sweetly.

Seleana Zdunich: We…

Before she can finish, Christina coms walking into the room.

Christina Zdunich: You know how we do, Pumpkin!

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: Freja says if we finish all my work here soon, she’ll let me watch!

Both Seleana and Christina smile knowingly.

Christina Zdunich: Well, we know that’s gonna happen then because our biggest fan would never miss a show, would she?

Freja nods.

Freja Lindström: She is already close to completion for the day. I was rewarding her with a game to break the work up.

Freja nods to Aurora.

Freja Lindström: She won again.

Seleana leans down and kisses the ten-year-old on the top of the head.

Seleana Zdunich: You will go easy on poor Freja, ja? She is new at this…

Aurora nods happily.

Aurora Zdunich: I can’t wait to see you go do what you do!

Christina nods knowingly.

Christina Zdunich: That’s my girl!

She nods to Seleana.

Christina Zdunich: Come on, Babe, we got a plane to catch.

Seleana nods and hugs Aurora.

Seleana Zdunich: You be good, we will be back tonight. Love you.

Christina hugs Aurora as well.

Christina Zdunich: Love you.

Aurora hugs them both back.

Aurora Zdunich: Go get ‘em! I love you!

On-Camera

Friday November 20, 2020
Parking Lot
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
11:51 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing next to their relatively new black Mercedes SUV that she and her wife had bought for use here in Las Vegas. 

Seleana Zdunich: High Stakes, the Bombshell Internet Championship and Myra Rivers…

She pats the car and steps forward so that the camera gets a full shot of her.

Seleana Zdunich: Myra thinks because I have not mentioned this every waking hour since the match was announced nearly a month’s time ago that it means I am not giving it…

She pauses to nod knowingly to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: And her…

A look of disgust passes over her face.

Seleana Zdunich: The proper attention and respect that it deserves.

She looks away, staring into the night as she ponders this concept.

Seleana Zdunich: Well…

Coming to a conclusion, she nods to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry.

Still nodding to herself, Seleana looks like she might just spit in anger.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I’m sorry…

She nods one more time before glaring into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry that you are such a selfish, self-centered egomaniac that you think I should have been paying attention to YOU while someone close to me died of a horrible illness. I’m sorry that you are such a fucking narcissist that you think I should have been worried about you and a wrestling championship while I spent the last three weeks tending to a small ten-year-old girl who is now my daughter and helping her properly grieve her dead biological mother.

The anger in her eyes intensifies.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry she was way more important than ANYTHING you could possibly manage to say, think or feel where I am concerned and I’m sorry that I was too busy grieving myself to properly suck you off in public so that you could feel better about yourself!   

Her nostrils flare as the rage continues to build up inside her.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry you think I wasted my time previously by giving a shit about my family and caring about their immediate wellbeing more than I did about a match that was a month away! I’m sorry that you had to jump to conclusions because you could not be bothered to actually ask me anything before you walked out in front of a camera and started running that hole you use to polish your mirrors to better appreciate yourself while admiring the jewelry around your waist as you parade around naked waiting for others to tell you how glorious and important you are!

Seleana’s right hand rises up in a fist.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry that you are so blinded by your own sense of entitlement that you could not be bothered to see that the rest of us are not simply your satellites revolving around you as the center of our universe! I’m sorry that your light was not so awesome and spectacular as to pull me away from my familial duties so that I could properly worship at the altar of Her Grace, The All-Mighty Myra Rivers, long may her deified air give us all life!

She drops to one knee and bows her head in reverence.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry it took this long for me to genuflect before you, oh Mighty One, please accept my humble apologies, lowly and worthless as they may be to you coming from someone as lowly as me.

Looking back up to the camera, Seleana stands back up.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry the build to this match was not up to your glorious standards. May I please be chastised forever for not meeting up to your usual level of glorification! I’m sorry this is both not the match you wanted nor the match you think you deserve…

Her teeth grinding, Seleana pounds her fist onto her thigh.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry this is not going to be the happy, fluffy, session of the two of us walking to the ring and having a match where I end up falling to my knees and begging for mercy from Your Worship because I’m sorry that I really do not give a damn what you want anymore!

Seleana’s head slowly shakes back and forth in the negative.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry that I don’t care if this is a nice and clean match and I’m sorry that I’m not coming to simply compete with you for that lovely, lovely ambrosia and nectar of the goddess that you wear so proudly.

She looks down, shaking her head again.

Seleana Zdunich: No, no I’m not…

Seleana looks back up, glaring hatefully into the camera again.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry that I’m not sorry that I’m coming to beat your fucking ass for it all! I’m sorry that you decided we needed to go this way while talking out your ass about being sweet and virtuous like every other two-faced keyboard warrior that thinks virtue signaling on the internet is somehow actually fighting against whatever it is that has been selected as the flavor of fight for that moment in time!  I’m sorry that you chose to wave your consecrated hand and decree things that you knew nothing about and could not be bothered to educate yourself about and I am sorry that I now feel the need to climb up on that golden pedestal you call home and beat you across creation with your own scepter!   

Walking up to the camera, Seleana grabs it and glares into it in an extreme close-up.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry you wanted my attention so badly that you made things be this way!  Now I’m sorry that I have to make you sorry!

Myra Rivers

Full Circle: Part 2
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »
(OOC: A special thanks to Annie for giving me the permission to feature Sam Marlowe in this roleplay)

Ever feel like your back is against the wall and someone else has their hand pressed against your throat all while you’re helpless and feeling like it’s all going to end very soon? That was me at the start of my career. It took me five years to get out of the Indies and when I did, I landed in NSWA. The first three months of my run there were brutal. I couldn’t win more than one match in a row. I had my fair share of rookie hazing… in the worst way. I was constantly told that I wouldn’t amount to anything and that I didn’t deserve to be there. Fast forward to the most significant date of my whole career…

March 23, 2008.

That golden opportunity ladder match… you know, the one where I was a +4000 in the Vegas odds to win. Just mere weeks after Kirk Storm’s brutal hazing of me where he tried to blackmail me into giving him my ladder match spot, do a strip tease for a dollar and all these awful things, I was going into the biggest match of my life at that point. With a frustrating, heartbreaking journey so far, and with the odds stacked against me, especially going up against a few of their “big names” and “legends”, how could I possibly win?

March 20, 2008

I remember the gym exhaustion that I had put myself through just three days before the ladder match. Not only was I tired, I was depressed. I was hating life as I knew it. There was a battle for my soul going on deep down inside between the piece of me that wanted to give up and quit and the piece of me that wanted to continue. Jazmyn Rain was confused for me when she sat down next to me and saw how exhausted I was. We began to talk about things and I remember being closed off at first before I started to open up…

“...I’ve dealt with this torture for three months, Jaz…” I reminded her. “I don’t know how much I can take it. It’s really bad when you get so many people thinking I don’t deserve to be in this match and people in the match itself seeing me as a joke. It feels like the only way I am going to silence them and prove them wrong is if I… well… pull a miracle…”

Jazmyn just listens but I can tell she is quite worried about me.

“...and yet… if I don’t win this match… I feel like my window of opportunity to be something in NSWA and this business will be gone. If I don’t win this… I prove Kirk right… I prove NSWA right… I prove my father right… I prove that I…”

Jazmyn gently pressed her index finger against my lips, which both confused and angered me.

“You need to stop putting so much pressure on yourself…” she told me. “I understand that you’ve dealt with so much. I get that NSWA hasn’t treated you right. I get that you want to make your mother proud considering you’re living the same dream that she gave up to be your mom and all… but let me ask you something. Does Kirk Nobody saying that you don’t deserve to be in this match and that you won’t amount to anything actually mean it’s true?”

“...no…”

“Does your father telling you that you’re a failure of a pro wrestler actually make that true?”

“It doesn’t…”

“And does losing that ladder match REALLY mean that you have no future?”

I was frozen for a bit as I actually had to think about it. It sure FELT like that’s what it meant. But when I looked at the big picture, my eyes widened when I realized what Jazmyn was saying.

“...hell no…”

“So why the FUCK are you letting all those empty words MATTER? BECAUSE ANYTHING THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT YOU REALLY DON’T FUCKING MATTER!”

I became quite stunned by Jazmyn’s sudden motivational anger.

“Jazmyn…”

“I’ve seen you hurt for WAY too long and it stops NOW damn it! Anything that anyone says in NSWA DOESN’T matter! Anything anyone says about you DOESN’T matter! How THEY feel about YOU does NOT matter at ALL! The only opinions of you that REALLY matter are those of your own! This is your DREAM! This is your MOMENT! Somewhere in your heart, you know that you CAN win this… that you WILL win this. All the struggle you’ve gone through has been for THIS match… THIS moment! You can’t realize your dreams without going through a little adversity… come on now!”

“A little…???”

“Okay so this case isn’t necessarily ‘a little’... but what I’m saying Myra… is that you HAVE to believe! You have to! You’re the only one that needs to believe in yourself! Their words and opinions don’t mean ANYTHING! Remember that! You are here because you DESERVE to be here and you are going to be successful because you DESERVE to be successful! Don’t let those bastards dictate that! All you have to do is believe in yourself and amazing things can happen! I KNOW you can do this, Myra! I believe in you so much you have no idea!”

I was floored, yet touched, my Jazmyn’s incredible motivation and inside, I can feel the battle for my soul being won by the piece of me that wanted to push on. My depression and sadness was starting to be replaced by belief and motivation. Tears of joy welled up in my eyes when I realized that Jazmyn gave me just the boost I needed.

“Thank you…” I told her. “You’re right. I can’t let anyone else determine my worth in this business. Only I get to do that. I don’t know HOW… but I’m going to win on Sunday…”

“See? You keep telling yourself that and that’s exactly what will happen!”

March 23, 2008…

“What did I tell you?!?!?!?!” Jazmyn asked me with an excited tone in her voice as I walked in with the golden opportunity briefcase that I had just won in that ladder match!

My heart was filled with the purest joy I had ever felt in my young wrestling career at this point and that feeling of knowing that I shocked the world was something that I wasn’t going to forget anytime soon. Jazmyn and I exchanged a suffocating embrace for a few seconds and when we let each other go, I just about lost it. I was crying tears of joy remembering all the pain and suffering I had to go through for months to get to this moment and on top of that, remembering my mother and how she had inspired me just added to the moment.

“I KNEW IT!” I said to her. “I KNEW I could do this! Something inside of me knew it all along and now I’ve got a shot at any title for a whole year! FINALLY, I’ve got MY moment! FINALLY! You and I were the ONLY people that gave me a chance tonight and that’s ALL I needed!”

“You shocked the world today!” Jazmyn told me with an excited tone of voice! “You just made a LOT of people that bet on this match a bunch of rich people!”

“I’m going to be someone in this business, Jaz!” I said with excitement. “I know that now! This win completely validates that!”

We paused our conversation as we looked around at the locker room in the main area. I saw so many stunned, silent faces that couldn’t believe it. I took one glance at Kirk Storm who looked like he just saw a ghost. He got up and left, much to my amusement. The silence in the room made me want to laugh almost, but I acted like I had been there before and kept my cool.

“...what are you all looking at?” I asked the stunned NSWA locker room. None of them said anything as they all retreated to the catering area to see if they could find any roasted crow somewhere. “Jaz… this opens up so many doors for me now! There’s no looking back! My future is so wide open… and now I know I have what it takes!”

Jazmyn and I would obviously celebrate together that night, but those last words rang true. That match changed my life. Winning that gave me so much confidence that would spur me to accomplish everything that I have in my career, especially in SCW.

It’s fitting… the similarities between then and now.

I wasn’t expected to amount to anything when I started.

My SCW journey was expected to be a failure by many.

NSWA never thought I could be a title holder or a contender. But three months after this, I became NSWA Women’s Champion.

Even with my momentum, I was an underdog going into my title challenge against Kate Steele. Yet, I ended one of the most dominant title reigns in SCW history and began one of my own.

What an incredible journey it has been…

November 17, 2020

“Wooooow…” I could hear Sam Marlowe say in my Saxon hotel suite. She was amazed at what we were both watching, which was that incredible ladder match from NSWA. “I’m amazed that you were able to pull that off under all those circumstances but knowing you as I’ve gotten to know you, I can’t be surprised. That’s… inspiring!”

“You bet it is!” I said with a prideful smile. “Hopefully that helps you in some way. You’ve done better since Violent Conduct but I know you’ve still got many critics in the back. I believe in you and you’re going to make waves in SCW again soon. It’s not going to be overnight, but all you need to do is do what I did that night: believe in yourself, remember that any negative nonsense anyone says about you doesn’t matter, and give it everything you have!”

“Thanks!” Sam said with a smile. “It’s still a bit hard to believe that nobody except you and like maybe 3 other people thought you could win.”

“For you maybe… but for me? Even now? It really isn't. See, when I first got to Sin City Wrestling… I went through the same thing. Do you realize that when I first signed, you had some idiot podcast hosts laugh me out of their studio? They wrote me off immediately! ‘Myra’s too old!’, ‘Myra is toxic’, ‘Myra will never learn how to get out of her own head’, ‘Myra’s not going to make it to the end of 2020 in SCW and she should just retire and save herself the embarrassment’. Many people didn’t give me a chance. They just figured that because I was 35 and I left Carnage under the worst circumstances that I was done for…”

“But you really have proven them wrong…” Sam reminded me, leaving me in astonishment and giving me every reason to be in such a happy mood at this point.

“Honestly? I wasn’t expecting it myself. If someone told me I’d be going into High Stakes as a champion of some sort, I’d be thinking that they were joking or trying to mock me or something. I think back to my journey from my debut match against Bella Madison all the way to now and I just feel… well…” I took a brief pause to let out a reflective sigh. “...I feel so blessed! Really! The fact that I’m still doing this at all is amazing. But to do what I’m doing in SCW? It’s special, Sam. I’m not saying it to brag, but I know deep down how special it is because most people my age? They’re not even in this business anymore and those that are still around? They’re in the dusk of their careers. But me? I’m feeling like I have so much more to offer and so much left to go.”

“Your run in SCW up to this point has been quite the inspiration to me…” Sam says, which again, causes me to feel some great pride. “It’s incredible how you’ve made it look so easy.”

“Hell no it hasn’t been easy!” I said in response with a more serious, reflective tone which caught Sam off guard.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that to be offensive.”

“Don’t worry, it wasn’t.” I reassured her. “... but every step of the way in SCW, has been incredibly difficult and it all started before I even wrestled a match here. I remember when SCW scouted me when I did a private workout and a practice match. I was SCARED, Sam. I was afraid of something going wrong. I was so worried that my nerves were going to make me screw up and make a glaring mistake that was going to make them pass on me. I was treating that tryout as the last chance I was ever going to have in wrestling because if they didn’t sign me, it’s entirely possible, if not probable, that my career would be done with at that point. I felt nauseous during the interview afterward, especially since they grilled me pretty hard about the past…”

I took a pause, remembering how my interview with SCW officials went and how difficult it was for me to talk about a past that had haunted me for so long. They asked me about NSWA. I still remember feeling the discomfort in being asked about GCW and UWA, two companies in which I had done some horrible things. Then came THE question: ‘Why should we hire you after the way you bailed from Carnage?’ I remember that I had to face up to my recent past… one in which it wasn’t too bright. I remember when I answered that question and offered no excuses, promising to be better and being nervous as to whether or not that was going to be enough.

“...but I owned up to all of my shortcomings in the past and I think that may have helped me. Getting in the door at all, Sammy… that could never be easy. I didn’t think that they were going to hire me at all and even when they did and when I signed my contract, passed the physical and all of that, there came the stress and the worry about not making a fool out of myself. When I began my journey in SCW, I was more nervous about my debut against Bella than I really let on…”

At this point in my conversation with Sam, I went back to the beginning… my first official night in SCW…

April 26, 2020

“So this is SCW…” I said to myself as I looked around the catering area. I was, of course, nervous. This was after all, the first chapter of what may be the last phase of my career. Understandably, I was shying away from the crowd as I didn’t know anyone… except for Andrea Hernandez, who I had already talked to by this point and I walked down the hallway and took my first steps into the Bombshells locker room as an SCW wrestler.

Once I was inside and I realized I was alone for the time being, I opened the locker that was assigned to me and I placed my stuff in it, closing and locking the locker. I took a few deep breaths doing the best that I could to keep myself calm. Still, some thoughts were racing through my head.

“This is it…” I thought to myself. “I’ve been waiting for this for quite a while now. I don’t have an easy task either. I know Bella Madison isn’t exactly a top tier Bombshell in this company or anything, but I’ve still heard so many good things about her. She’s definitely got some untapped potential that can spring a surprise at the least expected moment. She’s younger than I am with nothing to lose. Huh… doesn’t all THAT sound familiar?”

Realizing this at least gave me a moment to laugh for a split second before I continued my thoughts.

“But I, on the other hand, I’ve got so much to prove. If I go out there and lose in my debut, then maybe I don’t belong here…”

I paused my thoughts for a minute, realizing that I was being hard on myself.

“...no… don’t think like that. You can’t. You’re here because this company sees some kind of value in you, don’t forget that. There’s nothing to be nervous about. Age? It’s really just a number. Don’t listen to those Monday morning quarterbacks that think you’re too old or too toxic for this. Don’t listen to Jason who is trying to tell you that if you lose this match that you’re done. Just remember… you’ve been in this situation before. So you’re 35 and facing the toughest competition of your career? And?

So you’re coming here with a reputation for stirring the drink in a bad way the last few years. So what?

We can change all that and we can defy the odds again… starting with tonight…”

This brief reassurance was just what I needed to get through the evening. My nerves were gone at this point and I knew in my heart that the moment I stepped into the ring, I was going to defeat Bella Madison…

Later that night…

...needless to say, that victory felt great! I soaked it all in as I headed back into the catering area. Beaming with pride, I was incredibly appreciative of the fact that I got to step into a Sin City Wrestling ring and I got to come out a winner in my first match there. Once I got to the catering area, Andrea Hernandez was waiting for me.

“Impressive…” she said to me.

“Thanks… CHAMP…”

“That wasn’t bad… even if it WAS just Bella Madison…”

“Andrea, that’s just mean! You don’t need to put her down like that.”

“Who’s putting her down?” Andrea asked, seemingly annoyed. “Just wait until you face the Kates, Christinas and Alicias of the world and tell me if you can last against that tier. This company isn’t smooth sailing, but I don’t think you needed to be told that. You’ve got one hell of an uphill battle here. The good news for you is that this isn’t UWA and you actually will get a fair shake here. The bad news is that this isn’t GCW and you don’t get to have it easy here as you did there. I’m curious to see how you fare when the competition gets tougher.”

“I think I can hold my own… no… I KNOW I can hold my own. You’ll see, Andrea. This isn’t my first rodeo…”

“I suppose time will tell. Still… great win out there. I do believe you’re going to last the year and beyond… but you’ve got a LOT to prove to me… and plenty to prove to the other Bombshells on the roster. Do you think you can handle it without your ego coming apart as it has in the past?”

My eyes narrowed, annoyed at Andrea’s questioning but as the then-world champion walked away, I knew that she was just the tip of the iceberg in regards to how much I really had to prove myself again against all the odds that were stacked against me.

November 17, 2020

“Not even Bella Madison was easy…” I told Sam Marlowe, putting things into perspective. “I’ve never carried the attitude of this being an ‘easy journey’. I haven’t had it easy as the Internet Champion no matter how easy it’s seemed to the neutral observer sometimes. Facing Kate three weeks after I won my title was a lot of pressure. If I didn’t win that, I KNEW I was going to have the doubters calling everything a ‘flash’. Facing YOU wasn’t easy. I’m so grateful that you gave me a hell of a fight. There were some people that thought I couldn’t handle the pressure of facing someone similar to me. Facing Maki when she had a stipulation advantage, with old darkness trying to get into my head over guilt of what Andrea did to Seleana, that wasn’t cake. I’ve always felt like I was capable of what I am doing now, yet I’m still so surprised sometimes that I’m actually doing it…”

“With the career that you’ve had, I don’t see any reason why you should be” Sam opined. “I can attest to the fact that you’ve been an awesome Internet Champion and one heck of an addition to the Bombshells roster.”

“I can believe that…” I said in response. “...I don’t take anything for granted anymore because I know that my journey in this company could easily be different. Yeah, I’ve been on a huge tear and if Seleana thinks I’m going to take that for granted and just rest on my laurels then she’s only kidding herself. I’ve faced you, I’ve faced Amber, I’ve faced Kate twice, I’ve faced Seleana… yeah… with names like THOSE I can easily have a more fifty-fifty record and even with things being fifty-fifty, things can be different. Maybe I never win the Internet Championship at all. Maybe Kate beats me three weeks later. Maybe you beat me. Hell, maybe I completely flop against Maki and this title match in a few days is a triple threat with me as a challenger. I might be 8 and 1, Sam… but think of those names. With opponents like that, I could just as easily be 1 and 8 and on a horrible eight match losing streak.”

The thought of what I just said does scare me a little.

“One and eight and asking for a one way ticket out of this company…”

“But you’re not, Myra…” Sam assures me. “I understand that you don’t want to take things for granted but you’ve got to give yourself more credit sometimes. You don’t need to worry about anything like that with how awesome you’ve been since you’ve gotten here. Why are such thoughts even crossing your mind at all? You don’t need to worry about how things could’ve been when things are going so good for you now.”

I knew deep down that Sam was making a great point. I’m doing incredibly well and defying so many odds. So why am I worrying about such things? This was something that I had to think about for a while. For a brief moment, the thought of losing my Bombshells Internet Championship crossed my mind, but not enough to where I was obsessing about it. Inside, I knew I was confident but I also knew that there was a small part of me that was feeling the pressure, even as the betting odds favorite going in.

“I guess you can say I’m sort of a perfectionist…” I admitted. “I’m one of those people that can suffer just one setback and everything just goes straight to hell. In Carnage, I was horrible about it. I had lost the Ultraviolent Championship to someone that I REALLY didn’t like and it destroyed me so much that I relapsed, went back to my old ways, and beat the holy shit out of her at their flagship event last year when I took the title back from her. I felt like she had ruined me… and I never should’ve. Plus… even with my big moment in NSWA, I haven’t had the greatest flagship experiences in recent years: the one I just mentioned, losing a championship in UWA to someone I was widely expected to defeat which… that really hits close to home considering this match. There was losing everything that I had built in GCW in one fell swoop a few years back. There was losing to my absolute worst enemy… twice… with the second time being the last match before my first retirement and that match fucked me up for YEARS…”

I paused, feeling somewhat sad over the rough flagship supercard experiences that I’ve had since about 2012.

“...winning against Seleana would erase much of that pain, but that’s not my main motivation. I’m not scared of losing to her but…”

Taking a pause and putting the past into perspective, I felt a chilly feeling going down my neck.

“...what I’m afraid of is the consequences of it. I’m scared that I’m going to question myself, Sam. I’m worried that if I lose to Seleana that I’m going to feel like this whole run is just one, big fluke. There’s a part of me that worries that if I don’t beat Seleana… and I HATE to even ADMIT this… but I sometimes worry that if I don’t beat her, then this whole run, this whole reign, this entire tenure in SCW so far means nothing. I know it’s quite extreme to think that way but I know myself too well and how I react and how I feel when I go on a big stage like High Stakes and choke as I have more than I haven’t in recent years. That’s what I worry about. I’ve had that feeling ever since NSWA when those bastards bullied and hazed the hell out of me and I honestly realize that some of that old trauma has driven me to some self-destructive thoughts and behaviors.”

Sam Marlowe is finding herself incredibly surprised that I am feeling the way that I do and in fact, this is the first time I’ve ever expressed myself so candidly to someone that worked for Sin CIty Wrestling. But, I can tell that she understands where I am coming from having gone through much of the same thoughts and feelings herself. 

“You’re the only one that gets to know all of that, by the way…” I added. Sam nodded right away which gave me a bit of a sense of relief.

“I know you’ve been through a lot, but you really deserve to be happy…” she reminded me. “I’ve got a lot of faith in you that you’re going to win… but even if you don’t… it doesn’t make you a fluke or anything. You’re still on one heck of a run and you still have a bright future ahead of you and one match wouldn’t change that. NSWA for you is kind of like my sister and me. Remember how you told me that I needed to stop feeling like you needed to prove something to my sister? It’s the same thing with that company.”

I raised my eyebrows in surprise realizing something I hadn’t even thought about before.

“I don’t know when they went out of business or anything but it’s probably been years. Sometimes you feel like you still need to prove something to them. But you don’t! You’ve long proven that you’re better than them and you did that the moment you won that ladder match. Like I said earlier, you do need to give yourself a lot more credit and I think the moment you realize that you have nothing to prove to them anymore it’s going to be a whole lot easier.”

“You learn quickly, don’t you?” I said with a laugh. “I’m glad. You’re right. That’s why I beat myself up so much and stumble and fall and fell victim to my old darkness in the past… because I’ve always felt like I needed to prove something to them. But I don’t! Thank you so much for telling me that!”

Sam and I exchanged a quick hug in a moment that made our blossoming friendship brighter.

“I’ve got this…” I said. “I know I do…”

November 20, 2020

“Are you ready?” Jazmyn Rain asked me as we stood behind my promo camera that was on, but it wasn’t recording. I was in some high spirits with everything in perspective as I sat on the bed of my hotel room.

“Damn right!” I said with confidence. “I’m feeling extremely strong!”

“Great!” Jazmyn said with a smile. “Just remember what I told you all those years ago. Win or lose, no matter what happens, there’s nothing anyone can say or do to dictate how you feel about yourself. You’ve made it in Sin City Wrestling regardless.”

“You got that right. I was feeling a little bit of the pressure, but much of it came from myself…” I admitted. “But knowing everything that I need to know, there’s no pressure… just like before…”

“You know what to do…” Jazmyn said as I glanced at a framed picture of my big breakthrough moment from many years ago up on the wall. That last bit of motivational, inspirational confidence filled my soul with joy as I walked toward the camera, turned it on and stood in front of it with the night skyline of Las Vegas in the background. I was more than ready to express my final thoughts in regards to the biggest match yet of my Sin City Wrestling career…

“I’m glad that you showed some enthusiasm for this match, Seleana. I really am! You had me worried when you spent the last few weeks barely mentioning this match at all. I understand that you had so much going on, particularly with Christina and all, but I was concerned and I’m glad that there was some enthusiasm from you. That being said? You know as well as I do that enthusiasm alone isn’t going to be enough to walk out of the biggest show of the Sin City Wrestling calendar as the SCW Bombshells Internet Champion. You’re not wrong in the sense that this is about being the best Internet champion that I could be on top of having my full circle moment where it all began for me right here in Las Vegas. Now, you’re probably wondering how deep this all means to me and I’ll gladly tell you. When I first won this Internet Championship, I won it from someone who, for as great as she was as the champion with tying the longest reign, wasn’t solely focused on this championship. I respect Kate Steele as a wrestler, but I have to call it like I see it. Before I won this championship, I promised myself that I’d make it all about this championship and being the best champion that I could be. I wasn’t going to be like my predecessor who was focused on the wrong things and that’s just one of the reasons why I have been able to be the Internet Champion as long as I have. I don’t have my head in the clouds, picking fights with other people on Twitter saying that I was going to aim for the world title when I was the Internet Champion. I never, not once, made this about breaking records and being dominant. I didn’t win this championship or retain this championship for shallow reasons, Seleana.

But there’s a question in line with all of that, that makes me wonder about you. You are just this championship away from being a Grand Slam champion. You talked about honor and integrity and making it all about the championship in hand. My question to you, especially in regards to some of the concerns that I’ve addressed in my last promo… is do you really want this championship for the right and honorable reasons? Do you really want this so you can be a proper representative of what this division is all about? Is it REALLY just about the title for you or are you just wanting to win this championship for the Grand Slam? I hope and I trust that this is the former because I know that someone is going to take this championship from me and I would hate for it to fall into the wrong hands. My three defenses have stood out because I have been able to represent this championship to the best of my ability against any and all comers. My first defense against Kate was three weeks after I won this. I knew that she didn’t really want to regain this title because it was going to hinder her world title aspirations. I knew that her heart wasn’t in it. On my end? I had to live up to my word and I had to prove that I wasn’t some one shot wonder…

Which I did! I remained the Internet Champion! That was no easy defense for me, Seleana. Even though she had her mind elsewhere, Kate gave me a hell of a defense. Sam Marlowe was as pure of a defense as it could be. She wanted to challenge me, I accepted, there weren’t any selfish reasons involved from either side and she gave me her absolute best which I greatly appreciated and she and I have been growing into fast friends ever since. Maki… well… it was as clear from the start that she only wanted this championship to pad her resume. She would’ve been exactly the champion that you would’ve hated and I bet you were thrilled when I retained against her a couple of weeks ago. Against the odds, in a stipulation that favored her, I came out on top again. We’re going to find out on Sunday if you’re really capable of being the champion that I’ve been over the last three and a half months and it’s a question that I look forward to answering in one way or another. I have been nothing but an honorable champion with integrity, as you’ve mentioned… but for me, Seleana, this match means so much more to me than just that. That’s part of it, but there’s a deeper meaning in play here.

So here’s a question that I pose to you.

What DOES this match mean to you? I’d like to know! Is this about just the honorable fight? Is this just about winning the title to be a Grand Slam Champion?

I’ll gladly tell you what this match means to ME as the Bombshells Internet Champion. I covered the whole ‘full circle’ thing in length the last time I talked to you, but for me? There’s some demons that I need to overcome as a champion, particularly on a big stage such as High Stakes. This is a chance for me to atone for some prior experiences that I completely fucked up on not just to prove to myself what kind of champion I really am at her pure core, but also to show that on a big stage in a major company, I can not only WIN… but that I CAN win with honor and integrity and everything that I was brought up in this business to be. Here’s a secret I’m about to share here. I haven’t had a win like that on a flagship supercard in 10 years… and that’s something that I’ve been wanting to atone for, for so long! Ten years ago in Green Bay, I won in PRW’s match of the year against my future, now ex, boyfriend in a match that stole the show… where the purest part of who I am in my soul as a wrestler overcame the odds and proved what kind of champion I could be even if there wasn’t a title on the line.”

I pause, briefly reflecting on that incredible win, but the smile on my face only lasts seconds as I go into how my flagship experiences have been since then.

“...ever since then, I’ve either lost on the biggest show of the year or I’ve won… but these wins were either for selfish reasons or without any honor at all. The next year in PRW, in that same flagship show, I won… but I was bitter and I was angry at the fact that I was just a tag team champion and not in the main event scene. I admit it, Seleana, I was one ungrateful bitch at that time and I wasn’t having fun at all. The next year? Sure, I snapped out of that selfish streak, but I lost to my worst enemy EVER… and that cauterized me more than I could ever put into words. The year after that? I faced her again in PRW’s last show. I was challenging for the world title in a match I had dedicated to my unknown daughter who I had just found out I was pregnant with. I lost… and that match fucked me up for YEARS. It wasn’t until the brief hiatus I had between Carnage and SCW where I finally got over it…”

It’s at this moment where I’m really feeling my old regrets on the flagship stage. That match in particular that I just mentioned poured in some sadness, but my heart was strong enough to keep me going.

“I became what I came up in this business hating! I became one of the most hated women in this business because I abused the shit out of it. I got incredibly selfish and I wanted to tear down the business that I love because I was bitter about having not been a world champion for so long. You’ve never experienced being swallowed up in such a darkness and I am incredibly happy for you for that. Sometimes I worry that this is going to become too much for you and you’re going to fall down the same road I did someday… the same road that Andrea just went down. When I mentored her, I abused the shit out of her. I bullied her to my heart’s content and I didn’t give a damn. I tormented her. I tortured her. I said and did some horrible things to her and my guilt hit close to home with her recent actions. My performance on the flagship stage didn’t get any better. In 2016 and 2017, when I wrestled for both GCW and UWA, I went zero and four on the biggest show of the year. In GCW, it was a World Championship challenge that didn’t go my way and my own dominant faction that had terrorized that company for so long breaking up and falling apart in a 4 on 4 match. In UWA? It was having my thunder stolen from me by someone I was always better than and it was losing a tier two championship in a ladder match to someone I was favored to beat… which… that sounds familiar as it pertains to our match, but believe me, Seleana, I am not wrestling this match to avenge that one particular match in UWA in 2017.

I finally broke the losing trend in 2018 in GCW winning against another one of my old rivals… but it wasn’t about the honor and integrity of the sport. It was for my own, selfish reasons of just wanting to be better than her. Later that year in Carnage, I went in as a tag team champion and I walked out with nothing and last year in Carnage… huge stakes: a chance to regain an Ultraviolent Championship I had just lost two months prior, against Maggie Lockheart, someone who I hated, with a world title shot at stake… with the added drama of it being a ladder match because… of COURSE… and I won that match, sure… but I never was proud of that win because I snapped, I relapsed and I severely altered the course of her career for the worst when I beat the shit out of her with a ringbell…”

Bringing this up caused me to sigh with regret over what I had just mentioned, but a split second later, I was back to my determined, motivated focus.

“...by replicating what I did when I won that ladder match in 2008, when I had my big breakthrough moment right here in Vegas, by defeating you, I come full circle and for me, a decade of old pain and hurt that still flows inside of me is gone. A win over you means I finally prove to myself that I can be a true champion in this business, that I can win on the big stage being the purest wrestler that I can be at heart, with no asterisks, with no nonsense, with no selfish, bitter intentions. Along with retaining my championship, that’s what I gain out of this, Seleana. This is, without question, the biggest match of my Sin City Wrestling career and win or lose, I plan on giving it everything I have to retain this championship and to heal the last of an old darkness that I had yet to heal. In a sense, winning this match against you is like my own personal apology to the business that I’ve loved for so long for not going about things the right way for so long.  That is what is at stake for me personally, Seleana. This Internet Championship reign and hell, my whole journey here in Sin City Wrestling has taught me so much about myself that I never realized before. I wouldn’t have become the wrestler or the champion that I am today without coming here. I wouldn’t have learned so much about how to atone for my old demons and my old sins if I didn’t come here and for me, Sunday will be the final exclamation point on that. I know that you’re going to be motivated on Sunday. Your enthusiasm in your previous promo proved that to me and while I am not going to doubt how motivated you are, I know in my heart that while you probably want this badly, you likely don’t want this nearly as badly as I do.

Sunday is my chance to really show what I am about as a professional wrestler and as the Internet Champion! The biggest show on the Sin City Wrestling calendar is where I shine and continue to prove that I am a positive testament to this division as its champion. As I mentioned earlier, this isn’t about records for me. This isn’t about using this championship as a stepping stone to challenge for the world title in the future and I could never treat this title that way because I know in my heart that my time will come in regards to the world title someday and that for the time being, I should be, and I am, appreciative for what I have. I know that on Sunday, by atoning for some old sins and some old darkness and ridding myself of the last pieces of my own internal darkness that I show that I’m a strong champion and just how good I’ve been for this championship and the title that it represents. I’m not walking into Sunday expecting to lose, Seleana… not with all the motivation in my soul to win and to continue to be a positive presence with this championship and on this roster.

It’s been a long, painful journey for me Seleana Zdnuich… and I know and respect the fact that you’ve had yours as well. I understand some of the pain and some of the frustration that you’ve gone through because I’ve endured the same thing over the years on a constant basis. I’ve had my heart shattered on the biggest stage of the year again and again. I’ve dealt with so many doubters and critics over the years, some rightfully so, others not so much. I’ve been knocked down and shattered again and again as the years have gone by and yet, here I stand as the Bombshells Internet Champion, in the biggest match of my SCW career so far, on the biggest show of the year, where I’m wrestling the best that I ever have. I know in my heart that even if things don’t go my way on Sunday, that there isn’t a soul on this roster that can ever take all of that away from me and I hope you come into this with the same mindset as well.

On Sunday, I’ll once more be that honorable champion that I have been from the moment that I’ve won this. I’ll once more be that pure wrestler at heart that my mother raised for the first seven years of my life and that my trainer brought up in this business to be. My true love and passion for this business and for the championship that I have will shine more than it ever has before and I’m honored and humbled to have this opportunity against you, Seleana.

Sunday, it’s all full circle for me and when I retain this championship against you? When I get that honorable, big stage win I haven’t had in 10 years? When I do it in the city that started it all for me?

The world’s going to see exactly the champion, the wrestler and the woman that I’ve finally grown up to be through all of my successes and failures and through all of my mistakes that I’ve learned from.

With those final words of confidence, I walk over to the camera, shut it off and subsequently spend the rest of the evening with Jazmyn further deepening our reunion as lifelong friends. Through it all, I knew in my heart that Sunday was going to be a final test of sorts for how much I’ve grown in Sin City Wrestling… and it’s a test that I am certainly passing with flying colors.