Author Topic: Looking for second win as an early birthday gift...Happy early birthday to me  (Read 504 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
The office of Doctor Evans has not changed in the week since Sam Marlowe had been introduced to the good doctor.  This time however, Sam Marlowe wasn’t seated on the sofa nervously twiddling her fingers.  No, this time, Sam was wandering along the book shelves.  Her fingers move along the titles of the books there, Freud and Jung among the authors present.  Behind her, Doctor Evans can be seen, her hands clasped in her lap as she watches Sam.

“So Sam,” begins the doctor with a smile.  “Tell me how last week was.  I believe you were in a wrestling match on Control Climax…”

Sam turns to look at the doctor, a smile crossing her face as the doctor nistakening names Sin City Wrestling’s show.  “I had my match and I pulled out a win,” says Sam before turning back to the books.  “I took what you said to heart and I went out there with something to prove and prove it I did.  I felt really good after the match until…”

Doctor Evans can hear the fading voice of Sam indicate there was something that caused the thrill of victory to fade to ashes for her patient.  Leaning forward, Doctor Evans gets Sam’s attention. 

“Until what Sam?” asks the doctor.  Sam turns again then moves to sit on the couch opposite the comfortable chair that cradles the body of Doctor Evans.  “Sounds like someone rained on your parade.  Want to talk about it?”

Looking down into her hands, Sam notices her fingers knotting together and then with a soft shaky laugh, she pulls them apart, places them softly on the side of the sofa and sets them under her thighs.  Acting distractedly, she looks anywhere but the doctor as she begins to speak.

“I was ridin’ a high after that win against Char.  I mean I was on cloud nine you know.  I figured that I was punching my ticket on my way towards challenging for a title again.  And then it happened,” answers Sam before her eyes meet those of Doctor Evans.  “The announcement of some of the matches at our High Stakes supercard that is like the Superbowl of our company.  See, I had been talking up how I was thinking that I wanted to challenge for a belt that felt like home to me, the Bombshell Roulette title.  I was all set to march myself backstage, get my name into contention for the belt and then, notice went up that the person I had just beat, the person that was still winless this year was getting the shot at the title I wanted.  Kinda deflated my night so to speak.  Oh don’t get me wrong, Char put up a heckuva fight but I had the win, I had the momentum then it got shut down faster than you could say ‘stop thief’ you know?” 

Doctor Evans pulls the glasses from her nose and reaching to the side she pulls out a lens cleaner and rubs it across the lens of her horn-rimmed glasses.   “So you are telling me that someone that lost your match is getting rewarded with a title shot?  That sounds rather counterproductive if you ask me.  What is the incentive to win if people get title shots for losing?”

Sam bites at her bottom lip for a moment as she thinks about her answer to that.  “I guess they want to see if Char Kwan can step up to the challenge.  Although if you were to ask me, I think that there are others that deserve the shot more,” she answers calmly however, her fingers curl into the material of the sofa. 

“Like you Sam?” demands the doctor almost challengingly. 

“I would be crazy to say that I do think I deserve a shot but there are people like Joanna Krieger who lost the title to Jessie Salco, she deserves a rematch.  There is Candy and Bella Madison and Mercedes Vargas and others.  I get it that it shouldn’t be me right away,” admits Sam, “however, I do think that I am gettin’ back into my groove.”

“I am sure you are Sam,” adds the good doctor.  “You seem to not have that little voice telling you that you don’t deserve it.  Does this mean your sister hasn’t been talking to you lately?”

Sam laughs outright at the doctor’s observation.  “That’s right Doctor, she has been radio silent for the last little while and it has done my confidence some good.  And this week of course, I am in the ring once again.  So tell me Doctor, how am I supposed to feel this week?  Confident like I am going to win or what?”

“Sam you know that your confidence is something you have to build,” advises the doctor.  “You have to step up to each match with open eyes and a can-do attitude.  That is the only way that I can prescribe a win for you,” teases the doctor.  “You don’t need me, a wrestling know-nothing, telling you what you need to do in the ring.  When it comes to wrestling Sam, you are the professional, not me.”

As the doctor makes the comment, a soft buzzing can be heard off to the side.  The two women turn to see the alarm ending the session going off.  The doctor turns to Sam as she offers the red head an almost sad smile.  “I am sorry Sam but that is all the time we have for this week.  I am looking forward to seeing you next week.  You must tell me how you did at your Control show.”

“I promise that this week at Climax Control Doctor, I am going to be going for the win and hopefully it will prove to who I need to that I am serious about challenging for a title again soon,” offers Sam as she pushes herself up from the cushion of the sofa and makes her way towards the door.  “Thanks Doctor Evans for the pep talk,” Sam tosses over her shoulder with a bright grin for the doctor before she exits to the called out ‘Good luck’ from the doctor.

A high backed chair can be seen sitting in the middle of a room filled with soft lighting and a flickering image on the wall behind it.  Images of wrestling moves being executed is seen, predominantly of Seleana Zdunich against many opponents.  Moving into view, Sam Marlowe blocks the light, her shadow cast against the image of Seleana having her arm raised in victory and totally eclipsing the bombshell.  Stepping around the chair, Sam picks it up and spins it around before straddling it and looking down the lens of the camera that is taking in the scene.

“I guess you can probably guess who my opponent is this week,” says Sam as she holds up her hand motioning to the wall behind her where Seleana is once more wrestling another bombshell.  “That’s right, it is Seleana Zdunich who I get to step into the ring with and who will be looking for a win considering that she has been having a rather trying week.”

Sam crosses her arms and leans them on the back of the chair with a sigh.  She leans forward to rest her chin on them and speaks once more.

“I get it Seleana, considering that your wife has gotten herself suspended and from what I have seen on social media, Andrea Hernandez is tweeking your wife’s nose and yours too with those tee shirt sales.  I have a confession…I laughed just the tiniest little bit at it.  I’m sorry but that’s funny right there.  Considering that Christina does the exact same thing and now that the shoe is on the other foot so to speak, it must pinch just a lil, don’t it?”

Sam gets a thoughtful look and a sad smile crosses her lips before once more speaking up.  “I have to ask you though Seleana.  I am sure that given how everyone has been pushing buttons on social media you ain’t looking for a wrestling match.  And given the fact that you won’t have your wife at your side this week isn’t going to make you that happy.  I get it that you will be looking to punish someone for all the bad things that have been happening to you lately.  And I bet seeing my name on that card as your opponent didn’t make you that happy.”

“Can I share a secret with you Seleana,” Sam half whispers as the camera zooms in slightly on the redhead who looks around the room as if she wanted to keep what she is about to say between her and her opponent.  “I am going to be ready for anything this week because that is what I need to do.  You might want to wrestle; you may want to fight or you may just want to kick my rear end in some misguided idea of punishing someone…anyone for what you think is Andrea Hernandez laughing at you and your wife.  And Seleana, I have to sympathize with you a little too.  I know if someone did that to me, I would want to punish them as well.”

Sam once more gets thoughtful as one arm rises and she leans a cheek against her fingers.  “I get it and I want to tell you that you do what you have to in order to feel better.  But let me warn you now, I ain’t going to make it easy for you to feel better because I am going to be in that ring looking for the win myself.  And if that means that we end up in a match or fight or whatever you want to call it…I am not going to be the one that will lose this match on Climax Control.  I won last week and I will be damned if I let you stop the win streak I have decided to start last week.  This week you are the second win in as many weeks Seleana and that is a promise to me.”

Getting to her feet, Sam once more looks behind her at Seleana on the wall looking dejected as if just losing to Sam who then turns and the image caught by the camera appears to be Sam being declared the winner in a match against Seleana.  Realizing what the camera had caught, Sam walks towards it and the last thing seen is her hand advancing on the camera when suddenly everything goes to black with a white pin prick that flashes out.