Author Topic: No More Hocus Pocus  (Read 656 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
No More Hocus Pocus
« on: October 23, 2020, 08:58:34 PM »
“CHOICES, CHOICES.”[/color
DAYS UNTIL THE MATCH: 4
SCENE: i
REC

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2020
TIME: 5:45 PM

Mikah was sitting in the living room with her daughter, Leighton and her son Myles with her. Myles was busy toddling around the room and picking up items that were more than likely Kris’ and putting them in his mouth. Luckily, it was nothing dangerous and Mikah didn’t seem to be too worried about it as she looks at Leighton, who was watching her mother with a slightly worried look on her face.

;;MIKAH “Everything okay, Leigh?”

Mikah wasn’t oblivious to her daughter’s concerned looks as she looks over Leighton’s head at Christian, who was still sticking around before she lets her eyes fall back down to Leighton.

;;;LEIGHTON“I…just, there seems to be something on your mind and I’m a little concerned…”

Mikah smiles at her daughter’s inquisitive mind. It always baffled her with how kind and compassionate her daughter was and how different she was from her mother. Mikah had never thought in a million years that her daughter would have turned out the way she has at fifteen years of age. It was nice to see that she didn’t have a jaded heart.

;;MIKAH “Yeah, I’m alright. I’m just…”

Her eyes flicker over to Christian as he stands slightly behind Leighton and off to the side. She lets her eyes linger on him before she returns them back to her daughter.

;;MIKAH “Thinking about how I’m going to do my thing for SCW this week, that’s all. It’s not that big of a deal, Leigh.”

She smiles at her daughter again before grabbing her laptop and looking through the ideas she had on the screen. Leighton moves and sits next to her mother on the couch to see what she was looking at.

;;;LEIGHTON“Maybe I can help, Mom? If you’re stuck, I’d be okay with you bouncing ideas off of me.”

Leighton gives her mother a reassuring smile as Mikah looks at her, an uneasy look on her face. Her eyes flicker over to Christian Othniel again but he just smiles at her.

;;MIKAH “Well….this Sunday’s edition of Climax Control is their Halloween edition and I was trying to think of a costume to wear when I film my thing for them. But nothing is working for me. Everything I’ve looked at has not held up to my standards of what I want to do.”

Leighton is quiet for a moment, processing the things that Mikah had said before she looks at her mother, studying her.

;;;LEIGHTON“You could dress up as Elsa, you have the hair for it.”

Mikah makes a face at the idea and not because it was a bad idea but because it was more mainstream than she would like. Plus, that might make little kids like her and she wasn’t about that business. She really only enjoyed her children and Kristopher’s.

;;MIKAH “While I do think I’m an ice queen, I don’t think Elsa fits what I want for me. I want to use a place in Vegas as my background and there’s nothing Disney there to use. Besides the Disney store in the Fashion Show mall, and I’m not really sure that it would work.”

Mikah watches as Myles toddles over to her and raises his arms to her. She smiles at him before lifting him up and placing him in her lap. He responds by snuggling up to her chest and resting his head against her shoulder.

;;;LEIGHTON“Right, um….what’s your options for Vegas?”

Mikah rubs her son’s back as he rests against her and she smiles at Leighton.

;;MIKAH “Well, I’ve use the Bellagio before so I don’t want to do that again. There’s the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel…I think I may have used the High Roller before…”

She was trying to remember everything that she had done previously in SCW, places she’s filmed her promo pieces but it was a long list of things and she couldn’t quite remember them all.

;;MIKAH “There’s the volcano at the Mirage….The gondolas at the Venetian…and Caesars palace has beautiful pools…”

Leighton smiles at her mom as she seems to have an idea.

;;;LEIGHTON“Caesars Palace uses Greek stuff, right?”

Mikah nods her head as she looks at Leighton.

;;MIKAH “Correct, Leigh.”

Mikah watches as lightbulbs seem to go off in Leighton’s head and she looks at her mother before looking at Myles, who was falling asleep in their mother’s arms.

;;;LEIGHTON“What if you used Greek mythology to your advantage? There are a bunch of Greek Goddesses that you could dress up as. All you’d have to do is research one of them and pick the one you’d want to emulate. It’d be easy if you chose to film at Caesar’s Palace…”#3

Mikah smiles at her daughter, proud of how brilliant she’d become before she hugs Leighton all while being careful not to wake the sleeping child up.

;;MIKAH “Have I ever told you how wonderful you are, Leigh? Because you are so wonderful and I don’t think I’ve ever told you how much I appreciate you.”

Leighton shakes her head at her mother’s compliments before hugging her back.

;;;LEIGHTON“You don’t need to tell me, Mom. I already know.”

Mikah chuckles but enjoys her daughter’s confidence. If there was one thing that Mikah wanted her daughter to get from her, it was definitely her confidence. She wanted Leighton to be confident in whatever she chose to do in her life and not be sorry for it.

;;MIKAH “I’m glad you know that, Leigh. I never want you to think that you’re not good enough for anybody or anything. Because you can do whatever you want to, you hear me?”

Leighton nods her head, blushing just faintly at her mother’s words.

;;;LEIGHTON“Yes, mom, I know. I’m going to go to the beach now; Paisley said she’d meet me there.”

Mikah watches as her daughter gets up to leave.

;;MIKAH “Okay but please be safe. Social distance and all that stuff. Don’t take candy from strangers and if anybody tries anything, you scream at the top of your lungs, okay Leighton?”

Leighton rolls her eyes at her mother but nods her head.

;;;LEIGHTON“Yes, mom, I know. I promise I’ll be safe and I’ll have my phone on me at all time unless I’m in the water.”

Her daughter was so smart and Mikah appreciated that about her.

;;MIKAH “And watch out for sharks! I don’t want to get a call that you were eaten by a shark, either!”

Mikah didn’t hold that sort of love for swimming in the ocean as her daughter did; she got that from Christian. But Mikah did enjoy watching the water from the beach. Mikah watches as her daughter leaves the place and Mikah smiles as Christian sits next to her on the couch.

;;MIKAH “She’s just like you, Mase.”

Mikah looks at him before looking at Myles, who was content with sleeping in his mother’s arms.

;;;CO “Nah, I think she’s more like you than you think, Miks.”

Mikah gives him a look before shaking her head at him.

;;MIKAH “She’s really not though. I’m not sure where she gets it from but I’m grateful for her. And I wish she could have gotten to know you better, Mase. That’s the one thing that I wish for her.”

He leans over and kisses her cheek softly before stroking her hair a little bit as he looks at her.

;;;CO “You’ll tell her everything when she wants to know. But you are definitely a goddess..”

He winks at her and she giggles before shaking her head at him.

“NO MORE HOCUS POCUS.”
DAYS UNTIL THE MATCH: 2
SCENE: ii
REC

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2020
TIME: 5:45 PM

The scene opens up to the Gardens of the Gods Pool Oasis that was behind Caesar’s Palace Hotel. Mikah had booked it out and had made one tiny modification to Temple pool. She had them remove the one statue and put a throne in there that was fit for a Greek Goddess. It was all to fit for her idea, her theme for her promo this week. She knew that they loved when you played on the location of the shows, however she didn’t find anything interesting about Sam’s Town so she chose to go the Halloween route. She steps onto the scene, dressed in a white gown, with gaps in the skirt to show her legs and gold rope tied around the waist with it intertwined with the straps of the dress. Her hair was in beautiful waves and had a white and gold headband that went around her forehead instead. She smirks at the camera before strutting to the throne and sitting down.

;;MIKAH “Miss me much?”

A smirk overcomes her face as she carefully crosses her right leg over her left as she sits on the throne. She toys with the dress a little before looking at the camera again, a smirk toying on her face.

;;MIKAH “I know, I know, it’s been a few weeks since I’ve graced you all with my presence and I know how much you all miss me and how much I miss you all as well. . .”

She tries to hold a serious look but it doesn’t last long before she’s laughing out loud. She holds a hand to her chest before regaining her composure after a minute or so.

;;MIKAH “That was probably the funniest thing I’ve said all year because everybody knows that I didn’t miss any of you one bit.”

She straightens herself out a little bit in the throne like chair she was seated in. She smirks at the camera before pushing her hair out of her face.

;;MIKAH “Let me tell you a story about a little Goddess named Aphrodite.”

A smirk plays on her face as she sits on the throne in complete confidence.

;;MIKAH “Aphrodite is the Goddess of Love and Beauty and according to Hesiod’s Theogony, she was born from the foam in the waters of Paphos, on the island of Cyprus. She supposedly arose from the foam when the Titan Cronus slew his father Uranus and threw his genitals into the sea.”

She pauses for a moment to clear her throat after what she said. She had studied it all week to make sure that what she was saying stood up.

;;MIKAH “But there was a theory by Homer that she was actually the daughter of Zeus and Dione as there are many different stories of the origins of the Gods. So there isn’t much to say if she was or wasn’t the daughter of Zeus and Dione.”

Mikah knew that getting to the point was going to be a necessary thing but she didn’t mind taking her time. She wanted to tell a story and the story of a Greek Goddess while being dressed as one seemed fitting.

;;MIKAH “Many gods believed that her beauty was such that their rivalry over her would spark a war of the gods. Because of this, Zeus married Aphrodite to Hephaestus*; he wasn’t seen as a threat because of his ugliness and deformity. Sounds like he wasn’t that attractive; I almost feel bad for Aphrodite.”

Mikah shrugs her shoulders again before looking directly into the lens of the camera once more.

;;MIKAH “But even with this marriage to Hephaestus, Aphrodite had many lovers. Her lovers included both gods and men; including the god Ares and the mortal Anchises. She also played a role in the story of Eros and Psyche in which admirers of Psyche neglected to worship Venus and instead worshipped her. For this, Aphrodite enlisted Eros or Cupid for those who are not well versed in Greek Mythology to exact her revenge but the god of love instead falls in love with the girl. How lame.”

Mikah makes a face at the thought of somebody falling in love.

;;MIKAH “Later on, Aphrodite was both Adonis’ lover and his surrogate mother. Which, is a little weird but this is Greek mythology I’m talking about. This situation led to a feud with Persephone, in which Zeus ordered Adonis should spend half of the year with Aphrodite and half of the year with Persephone. You know, to make things fair since nobody can deal with the fact that life isn’t fair.”

Mikah rolls her eyes at the simple thought of life being fair or not fair, to be exact.

;;MIKAH “Here are a few facts about Aphrodite: during the Trojan war, Aphrodite fought on the side of Paris. She rescued Paris from Menelaus by enveloping him in a cloud and taking him back to Troy.”

Mikah makes a face but says nothing for a moment or so.

;;MIKAH “While Aphrodite is one of the better known Greek Goddesses, her and I don’t seem to have a lot in common besides our beauty. Both of us are beautiful and while, she seemed to focus more on the love aspect of her life, I am more focused on my career and making sure that what I do in the ring is memorable and marked in the history books. But why am I using Aphrodite as an example?”

Mikah raises her eyebrows at the camera, a smirk still playing on her lips.

;;MIKAH “Because she is the Goddess of Beauty and I’d like to think I’m rather beautiful…”

There was no doubt about it, Mikah was confident in her looks and in her ability to see that she was both beautiful and talented in the ring. And she never was shy about telling people either.

;;MIKAH “The match on Sunday is against Amber in a guy named Mac? I'm not really sure who the the guy is but I'm not sure that I really care either. You see Amber while your record in SCW is brother good for you being a newbie it doesn't matter. You're still not better than I am at on Sunday you're going to see that. You see I'm still Mikah and I'm still the best bombshell that has ever set foot in wrestling ring in this company. Tommy Knocks Wasn't just some guy who started off information that he didn't care about he did the research and he named me as the number one bombshell in the history of the company. Now while some people to say that he's biased because I was always his favorite. I think that they're just jealous and they say that because they didn't get ranked on his little scale.”

She smirks at the camera once more.

;;MIKAH “Amber, you're new here Amber and I will be the first to tell you this? This? this is my home this is where you realize that you don't get to just step in and just take over. I saw your little tweets about a month ago when Kristopher and I won the championships belts. I could see the greediness in your tweets as you tweeted about how you were going to find a partner to try to take the championships away from Kristopher and I. Do you wanna know why that's not gonna happen Amber?”

Mikah tilts her head to the side as she looks at the camera, that same smirk playing on her face.

;;MIKAH “Because when I set my sights on something Amber, I don't let it go. See Kristopher and I we just got these championships and we're not going to let him go so easily. And now while this isn't a championship match, he and I both know that this is just like the challenge that they gave Bella and Malachi a few months ago before we had got the opportunity to face them at Violent conduct. they're looking for a good challenger for Kristopher and I.”

Mikah straightens out her dress before crossing her legs the opposite way as before.

;;MIKAH “because when Chris and I formed this team when I returned, nobody thought that we were going to be successful. They thought it was all just going to be a flash in the pan sort of thing because why wouldn't it be? They thought that my first reign as the bombshell champion was a fluke. Nobody thought I was going to be the one that's at the first record of holding that championship for the longest time. Nobody thought that I would have been incredible bombshell champion at the time period I had been in this company's not even six months. They thought that I was going to just drop it back to the person before me. I know that I heard several people say oh she's she don't have what it takes, she's gonna drop it back to Raynin when she gets her rematch. They said I wasn't worth it. they thought I was another wannabe wrestler but only really knew who I was to be fair. They thought I was a newbie if new person on the scene of the wrestling world. They didn't know that I had had a career before I stepped foot in a SCW wrestling ring. they didn't know that I signed my first wrestling contract in November of 2007 and skyrocketed to success in that first company that I was a part of.”

Mikah shrugs her shoulders as if it didn’t bother her.

;;MIKAH “They Didn't know that I had been part of a company call PWT. And even when I joined there they thought that I was just another jobber, rookie, nobody important. But their opinion I'll change when I had joined one of the most notorious groups that had ever been seen in wrestling at that time . I was the first female in an all men’s group. A group that had dominated that company and took it by storm. And what I did back then has no merit here, it still makes my point that the people in SCW, didn't know anything about me. They didn't know that I was skilled it had honed my craft for years before I even joined this company. They didn't believe in me, they didn't think I had what it took to be the bombshell champion, all they saw was this woman who had only been signed to the company for not even six months and she earn her right to face Raynin when she beat two other bombshells in a triple threat match for that opportunity. But nobody thought she was going to win so it was okay until it wasn't.”

Mikah “She didn’t want it to sound like sour grapes, but it was beginning to turn that way.

;;MIKAH “Amber do you wanna know how dominant I was a champion?”

Mikah tilts her head to the side.

;;MIKAH “Doesn’t really matter if you don’t, because I’m going to tell you anyways.”

Mikah winks at the camera.

;;MIKAH “I held the bombshell championship from may of 2015 to February of 2016. It was close to a nine month reign and during that reign, nobody could touch me. Nobody could beat me and they did try. Mark and Christian put me in several triple threat matches, trying to challenge me and to give the other bombshells hope that they could maybe knock me off my own pedestal that I'd put myself on. You see I inspired those bombshells to go on strike in January because they claimed I was drinking before I had matches except I wasn't. I never actually drank when I had a match. The only times I drank backstage was when I wasn't booked for a match and just had fuck all to do. So those bitches complained because they couldn't get the job done when they faced me in the ring. they thought of the most ridiculous claims that they could to try to get me fired or suspended so that they could have a chance at the bombshell championship. Do you know the biggest bitch that tried that? Crystal or Christina whatever the fuck she goes by now, was one of the biggest supporters in that movement. And while she's beat me maybe twice she still doesn't hold a candle to what I can do in the ring.”

Mikah smiles, reliving the memories of her early days in SCW.

;;MIKAH “You shouldn't underestimate me, Amber. You should not listen to the sheep that are in the locker room; they will tell you that I don't give a shit about anything but myself. There are three people in my life that I care about the most and one of them is my partner. You see Kristopher and I might have started this tag team off with a rocky start. But what we said we’d do, we've done. We said we were going to win the tag team championships and we did. So don't take it lightly when we say that we're going to beat you this weekend, you and your little partner. I don't even know who your partner is but that doesn't matter he doesn't mean shit to me. I don't have to worry about who your partner is or what he can do because I don't get to face into the ring. No no Amber I get to face you. because those are the rules when it comes to mix tag team wrestling Amber. You and I fight each other and the guys get to fight each other. There's no intergender tag matches; your partner doesn't get to lay a hand on me . And my tag team partner Kristopher doesn't get to lay a hand on you.”

She hoped that Amber knew the logistics of how a mixed tag team match worked but she couldn’t be too sure; her faith in humanity wasn’t very high.

;;MIKAH “I know some people complain about the tag matches not being intergender because apparently some people like to see a guy beat up on a woman. I mean I guess some people are into that but I'm not and I'm glad that SCW doesn't do that. I'm glad they chose to go the mixed tag route instead of not doing anything at all they could have just left it alone . They could have just left the tag team divisions alone. They could've left the bombshells tag team championships alone and the superstars tag team championships alone. And then we wouldn't even be in this predicament would we? I would have to be worried about facing you or your partner . I wouldn't have to worry about even being in SCW because to be honest? I don't know if I would have returned honest singles contract. sure I love being in the ring and I love the thrill that it gives me but honestly? I don't know if I can hack it as a singles competitor anymore.”

Mikah wasn’t trying to sell herself short; she knew that if she wanted to be a singles competitor, she could and that she’d rock it.

;;MIKAH “But that doesn't mean that I couldn't do it. If I had wanted to, I could have came back as a singles competitor and ruled the bombshell division again if I had chosen that route. But I didn't, instead I had this idea--well we, Kristopher and I had this idea that we could dominate the mix tag team division like we had said we're going to over two years ago. That is very rare but I don't do what I say I'm going to do. And this? This was an easy decision to make.”

Mikah smiles a little at the camera again as she tugs at the front of her dress.

;;MIKAH “It's no secret that I don't like people and Amber I'm sorry but I already don't like you. And I'm sure you don't even give a shit that I don't like you because really what does my opinion matter to you? But here's what you do need to know, I'm going to be the biggest challenge you face since signing with SCW. I'm not like any of the other opponents you've had before, the ones that you’ve faced before this match? Ship They don't matter anymore, throw them out the window forget about them. Because you're facing me now. And I'm sure you've done your research because you look like that type of girl. And you can do all the research that you want Amber, it's not gonna help you in the match. Because even if you watch all my old matches, against all my old opponents, and figure out how I've won those matches? That's not going to help you on Sunday in this match. I've evolved, I've changed. I might do the same moves that I've done before but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be predictable for you. And Yes, my finisher is still the cupid's chokehold, and it may still be my favorite move of all time, but that doesn’t mean that you’re going to see it coming.”

Mikah smirks at the camera again, holding an arrogant look in her eyes.

;;MIKAH “I would say that you're gonna have to work extra hard to prove that you are even worth being a part of SCW. I'm not like those other girls that you faced Amber, about what the fans think about me or what do you think about me or what the commentators think about me. All I give a fuck about? Is winning in that ring and proving that I'm the best in this damn business that there ever has been and never will be. I have a goal in mind for the championships and I need to break these records. And I need to set new ones to raise the bar for these other people that are going to come in after I've officially retired for good so that they can remember who they need to emulate. Who they need to fashion themselves after to be the best there is. But let’s face it, they’ll never be as good at me. And nobody will ever be as good as Kristopher. It’s just the cold hard truth, no matter which way you look at it.”

She shakes her head and holds herself just a little bit higher in her throne.

;;MIKAH “This Sunday is Climax Control’s Halloween episode. I am not a huge spooky season fan. But I figured but I dress like a Greek goddess because let's face it if this was a beauty contest? I'd win hands down there's no doubt about that. But being a bombshell in SCW , is not a beauty contest. Because if it was people like you wouldn't even have a chance to win at anything. You'd be better off wearing a mask the whole damn time if it was a beauty contest because it would be no competition. I'd win hands down every time if it was a beauty contest.”

Mikah was vain, there was definitely no doubt about that and she never shied away from that fact either. She didn’t mind that she was confident in her own looks, she believed that it was a good thing.

;;MIKAH “On Sunday there's not gonna be this hocus pocus magic bullshit stuff that some people believe in. I mean I can understand why you think that you are going to need magic to win this match because really? That's the only way that you are going to win this match is with a touch of magic. But I don't believe in magic . I believe in hard work and dedication and determination. I don't use my Twitter account to promote that I'm preparing for a match. I don't want my opponents to know how many times I've been in the gym preparing training or whatever. But what you need to know is that I go on at least three runs a day to keep in shape and to keep my stamina up. But I'm in the gym practicing what I do best at least five out of the seven days and maybe more it depending on the quality of the match. In the grueling demands that said match might need or take out of me . But Amber? Sunday is gonna be here before you know it and you're not gonna realize just how unlucky you've become. You think that you're going to just waltz in there with your partner and beat Kristopher and I. But news flash? It's not gonna happen.”

She smirks again at the camera.

;;MIKAH “I'm tired of people taking Kristopher and I lightly and on Sunday Amber? You and your partner are going to see just how good Kristopher and I are in the ring. You’re Going to see how well he and I work together because there isn't any other way that this is going to go down.”

Mikah stands up and adjusts the skirt of her dress before stepping down the steps.

;;MIKAH “Because that’s just what villains do.”