Author Topic: What If?  (Read 590 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
What If?
« on: October 16, 2020, 09:17:42 PM »
Sunday October 9th
After SCU Underground

For those not paying attention, just a little while ago on Undergound Episode 73, O’Malley stood in the ring and announced that going forward he would be competing solely for SCW. Following his loss to Father Gerald, he had made the difficult decision to cut his work load in half and step back from SCU, rather than try and win back the title he had lost. And no doubt somewhere, someone was laughing at and enjoying that decision all at O’Malley’s expense.

As they are preparing to leave the arena and head home for the night and the next couple of days, O’Malley is annoyingly quiet. Before the walk to the parking lot, Darcy stops and has to call out his silence rather than wait until they get home.

Darcy: Why are you so quiet, my love? You’ve barely spoken a word since we left the ring.

O’Malley turns and looks at his wife, noting her now folded arms and the slightly concerned look on her face.

O’Malley: Nothin’ is wrong, love. Well...not really. I just can’t stop wonderin’ if…

His voice trails off.

Darcy: If what? Talk to me.

O’Malley: I can’t help wonderin’ if I made the right decision or not. I mean, I know I need to focus on gettin’ Owen back, but it ain’t like both shows happen on different nights? It ain’t like we’re travellin’ a lot.

Darcy nods slowly and steps towards her husband, placing her hands on his arms.

Darcy: Normally I would tell you to go back and tell the SCU bosses you’d changed your mind, but I think this would shock some people that I’m not going to tell you that. Don’t second guess your decision. I saw first hand the toll the committment to both brands was taking on you, and I think you absolutely made the right decision.

O’Malley: This just isn’t how I wanted things to go, Darc. I had so much more planned. I just wish that Misty’s family wasn’t bein’ so damn stubborn in keepin’ Owen from me. I need me son back. I need us to be a family.

Darcy runs her hands up and down his arms, trying to reassure him.

Darcy: And we will be, my love. But think of it this way. This wasn’t just about the situation with Owen. It was also about the physical toll fighting in two brands was doing to you. I personally don’t understand how so many others can fight for two separate companies, let alone two brands at the same time. Violent Conduct was a huge eye opener. You fought in two crazy matches, and you damn near seriously injured your shoulder in the process.

O’Malley: I know what yer sayin’, love. I just can’t help but wonder that’s all. This year has been so mentally challengin’. And when all of this custody stuff goes to court? It’s only gonna get worse.

Darcy’s eyes widen a bit and she looks at him, surprised.

Darcy: So that means you’ve finally decided to get lawyers involved?

O’Malley: What choice do I have, Darc? We have to fight that restrain’ order anyway. Owen is me son, and they can’t keep him from me. I tried playing nice. I tried avoiding the legal shite, but they’ve given me no choice.

Darcy: At least you’ve finally seen reason. We’ll start looking for lawyers tomo—

O’Malley holds his hand up and stops her before she can start rambling on and making plans.

O’Malley: Before ye get carried away, love, I’ve got somethin’ in mind. I want to make sure the lawyer we use is legit and damn good at what they do, and I ain’t gonna find that just anywhere.

Darcy: So...what are you saying, exactly?

O’Malley: I’m saying I’ve been told on who to reach out to, and that’s what I’m gonna do. Misty’s family ain’t gonna have lawyers of this caliber, if I can get this person to agree to help me.

Darcy raises an eyebrow, not fully comprehending just who he is referring to.

Darcy: Care to fill me in on just who you plan to reach out to?

O’Malley: All in due time, love. I plan to reach out soon, but I need to focus on me roulette title defense next week. I’m still shocked that Kedron is me opponent.

Darcy wants to continue their conversation about the lawyers, but she knows O’Malley will avoid it. She lets out a sigh and then shrugs.

Darcy: Yes, you and I both, my love. He’s slightly terrifying, but I definitely do not plan on crossing that wife of his, either. I wonder where they’ve been the last couple of months?

He shrugs.

O’Malley: Yer guess is as good as mine, but that clearly don’t matter. I’ve somehow gotta find a way to beat him, because this ain’t gonna be another Ultimate X four way match. It’s just one-on-one. I’ve gotta be ready fer anything.

Darcy: Nothing can be worse than a match over a piranha tank!

O’Malley: I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Christian’s choice was bad enough. Can ye imagine if there was a “Hot Stuff’s Choice” on that wheel and what it would be?

O’Malley shakes his head but Darcy again shrugs.

Darcy: Again, it can’t be any worse…

O’Malley: Well, let’s just hope ol’ Hot Stuff don’t get any crazy ideas. As fer now, can we just get the hell outta here? That big comfy bed of ours is callin’ me name.

He winks at her and she lets out a laugh.

Darcy: You don’t need to tell me twice, my love. We have a few weeks of lost time to make up for if I remember correctly.

O’Malley: I dunno if we’ll ever be able to make up fer that, but damned if I ain’t gonna try.

He then takes her by the hand as she lets out another laugh and the two finally start making their way back to their car before the scene fades to black.

Seventy-five days. That’s how long I’ve been the Roulette Champion. Now, that’s nowhere near the goal I’ve set fer meself on how long I wanna be champion, but it’s probably longer than most thought I’d keep the title. And to be fair, I came close to losin’ it on me very first defense against Bill Barnhardt, and it ain’t just because I slightly underestimated him, but I had a lot goin’ on fer meself, too. It ain’t easy being a champ in two brands and having to dedicate the time and trainin’ between both to successfully defend each title. I had a good run with the Underground Championship, but ultimately that ended sooner than I thought, too.

But it’s time to look forward. It’s time to plan for the next defense and move closer to achieving my ultimate goal. And that is to break records. Not only do I plan to hold the title longer than that gobshite Kris Ryans held it, but after that, break Griffin’s record, too. Because that...that makes all the difference in how people will see me as a champ. I want to do something with not only this reign, but every future championship reign I’ll have. That’s all anyone wants, ain’t it? Well, most anyway. What about ye, Kedron? Ye only held the Roulette Championship for two months, then disappeared. Why is that? Surely ye ain’t a sore loser like so many others out there?

I ain’t gonna lie, Kedron, I was a little mixed when I saw this card booked and realized I’d be facin’ ye. On one hand, I was excited that ye were finally comin’ back and cashin’ in on yer rematch. The Ultimate X match at Summer XXXtreme wasn’t exactly a good way to showcase just who the better man is, was it? I mean, there were only four of us in that match and there wasn’t a whole lot of wrestlin’ goin’ on was there? The Roulette wheel is definitely unpredictable but it’ll be just ye and me, Kedron. One-on-one.

On the other hand? Yer the only one who I have ever seen as much of a threat, because let’s face it. Yer one scary fecker. And I mean no disrespect by that! The fact is that whenever I’m anywhere near ye, I get chills. I get goosebumps. Some eerie feelin’, and I’ve never been able to truly explain it. I’ve never one hundred percent believed in what you’ve claimed to be, but damn if I don’t start believin’ more and more everyday.

Now, all that bein’ said, does that mean I’m at a disadvantage here? Does that mean that I’m showin’ weakness and makin’ meself vulnerable goin’ into this match? Hell no. If anything, it makes me stronger. It makes me that much more determined to prove that no matter me doubts, or this weird feelin’s and fears ye give me, I’ll fight through them to keep what is mine. Because the Roulette Championship IS mine, Kedron.

Ye’ve been gone two months, fella. Ye disappeared without a damn word after I won the title, and now yer back and suddenly cashin’ in on yer rematch? Sure, it may be a “given” according to most in this business, but rematch clause or not, I don’t think that a former champ who disappeared the way ye did should just automatically be given their rematch their first match back. It just don’t seem fair, but hey I ain’t the boss. I don’t make the decisions or book the matches. And wherher or not I agree with it, the match is set and is gonna happen.

So what if, Kedron? What if ye walk into this match and actually do what I simply don’t want to happen. What if ye end my reign, win back the Roulette Championship and become a two-time champ? I won’t be happy. It’ll hurt me ego and me pride a bit, but at the end of the day, ye’d be the better man that deserves it. I know a lot of people don’t like me, and they probably never will, but the fact is that I’m seeing the bigger picture. I’m see things that are truly important in life and while me career is important, I know I can’t win ‘em all.

I want me son to be proud. I want me wife to be proud, and while Darcy is proud no matter if I win or lose, Owen is not. I’ve done things to win that I shouldn’t, and it ain’t an example I want to set fer me boy, even if I’m not one hundred percent in his life just yet. Goin’ into this match and every match after this with good intentions and doin’ me best? That is the example I want to set fer him.

I can’t guarantee the outcome of this match, and I ain’t even gonna try, Kedron. What I am gonna do is promise ye that I’m gonna fight tooth and nail to keep this title and prove that in the ring? In the roulette division? I’m just better than ye. And if I lose, well then I’ll just have to accept it, won’t I?

I guess that all that is left to say at this point is welcome back, Kedron. Let’s see what the roulette wheel has in store fer us.

See ye Sunday, fella!
>