Author Topic: Here we go... again.  (Read 511 times)

Offline Evie Baang

• View Profile
    • Evie Baang
Here we go... again.
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:31:27 PM »
This is normally where you would find the witty opener for all of Evie Jordan’s promotional work, however, sometimes in life you don’t get an opener… you just get thrown into the deep end and well this week was one of those weeks for the current Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Champion. Nevertheless, I can assure you Evie will be more than ready to face Kate Steele this coming Sunday at the go home show before Violent Conduct where she will put her title on the line against Alicia Lukas for the third time.

Yes, you heard right… It's Alicia Lukas’ turn again to square off for the World Bombshell Championship.

Shock, horror.

Anyways, here’s hoping Evie Jordan can do everything in her power to maintain her winning ways before heading into the supercard, and here’s hoping she has what it takes to silence the neediest, most self-entitled waste of fucking space that is known as Kate Steele/Warren/Diamond.

Now let’s kick this pig and get this week well and truly over with. 

##

It felt as if the shoe was on the other foot for Evie this week as she boarded the Jordan’s private jet without her husband. Ben had decided to stay home in Maine to recover from his brutal match with O’Malley the week before at SCU Underground. It wasn’t an easy call for Ben to make to stay home as he loved his adoring SCW fans and enjoyed being on the telly each and every week, but under strict instructions to rest, he had to comply with the doctors and his wife’s orders. Evie on the other hand, had business to attend to and even if she was only on the screens for less than a five minutes at Climax Control, she was current reigning and defending World Bombshell Champion, she couldn’t just skip this one out or stream into the show live via satellite. That wasn’t her intentions, this time round she wanted to give the World Bombshell Championship the limelight it deserved and if that meant popping across the country to be on camera for five minutes to invite Alicia Lukas to the ring next week to pick a match type for their fight at Violent Conduct, then so be it at least she was putting her face on the show and not cowering away at home in some false sense of title security.

The next five hours would be brutal, it was the thick of night and the urge to sleep was at an all-time high but Evie knew better if she slept now that meant as soon as she landed in Bar Harbour, she would be fighting her tired eyes on the short ride home. As risk not worth taking, so to amuse herself she took a moment in time to respond to some rare fans on Twitter and look through her diary to see what type of social engagements Mark Ward, Christian Underwood or Brooke Saxon had slipped into her itinerary. Evie was pretty lucky considering, she wasn’t as popular or well-liked by the SCW fans so there wasn’t such a demand to have her face all over town for press, her day to day life since becoming the champ wasn’t like her Husband’s media whirlpool. However, that didn’t mean that he engagements hadn’t increased, Evie just wasn’t put on media panels to woo the fans over, because management knew the F word as like a comma to young Aussie and well it was better to avoid a media snow storm, then create one unwillingly.

The time away from Ben, was excruciating. Evie wasn’t one of those girls who couldn’t live without her partner but since meeting Ben, he was her safe place, he was her home and to separated even for the briefest moment in time made everything seem more drawn out, more dramatic and unbearable for Evie. Ben was her greatest strengths and yet, one of her humbling weaknesses.

As the flight was halfway over, Evie slipped her phone back into her black leather jacket and attempted to shut off from the rest of the world. She had a lot to think about, her match looming at the next supercard was nothing to take lightly. Even if her and Alicia were neck and neck in singles competition, there was an unspoken power struggle between both Bombshells. They both wanted to be the best, they both wanted to be the leader of the division and right now the title sat with Evie but that didn’t mean it couldn’t be stolen away from her, by the hands of arguably the greatest World Bombshell Champion to grace Sin City Wrestling. Not only did Evie have Alicia biting at her heels but she had just seen who Brooke Saxon had booked her against next week at Climax Control, Kate Steele. Tenacious Kate Steele, the same Kate Steele who since losing the Internet Championship had been banging on about being next in line for Evie’s World Bombshell Championship. There was way too much on the line for this match, there was way too much pride on the line for Evie. A loss before facing off against Alicia, was almost handing her the World Bombshell Championship and that was a pain that Evie couldn’t afford. Evie couldn’t be stuffed to feed the ego of Kate more than it already needed, it was obese as is…

As her mind started to tick over about the two matches headed in Evie’s way, she almost missed the subtle vibration in her pocket of her phone. Reaching in she retrieved it, a smile already beaming on her face as she had her hopes up the message would be from Ben but that smile was short lived as she swiped her right thumb across the screen, bringing the message to life and it was the kick back into reality she had desperately tried to forget.

You owe me… and time is running out.

Before Evie could reply, the three dreaded little dots appeared at the bottom of the Imessage inbox.

I know you have the money…

The dots appeared again once more, enraging Evie.

I know you left your prized possessions at home… alone.

Evie’s emerald eyes grew wide, the thought of Ben and Bear being alone caused her skin the crawl. There was no secret that Evie had anger issues at times, but the scariest thing of all is that in blind moments Evie couldn’t contain herself. She felt as if her blood was boiling under her skin, as if a fresh pot of hot water had just been brewed and Evie was a whistling kettle about to boil over.

Silly girl… how many times must you be told? I can reach you anywhere and at any time…

Evie couldn’t think of a reply right now, all she was thinking about was Ben and Bear and right on cue their private jet hit an air pocket, jolting Evie down in her seat. The turbulence had Evie think irrationally like her half-sister could control the wind for a second, her mind was clouded with thoughts but before she could blast her anger off with a reply the three dots passed across her screen once more.

The Terrace Grille… tomorrow at 11am sharp… don’t make me wait… as I’ve already waited long enough dearest Sister.

The three dots danced across her screen, as if Ayla was waving a red flag towards a raging bull.  Evie’s right hand wrapped around her phone in a death like grip, the blood rushing from her knuckles as they turned ghostly white. Her focus never shifted from her phone screen as she watched the next words pop on the screen taunting her.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock…

The minuscule hairs on the back Evie’s neck stood up, control was slipping through her fingers and there was nothing she could do about it. There was no way on God’s green earth she wanted to pay her half-sister the 60 million dollars in hush money. There was no way Ben wanted his wife to hand over their hard earned money also, this wasn’t negotiable. Just when Evie thought the threats were over, her phone buzzed in her right hand once more and an image flashed up before her eyes.

It was him.

Evie’s eyes locked with his, the whites of his eyes had turned to what looked like mashed potatoes, only they were rusted red. It was her worst nightmare, coming back to haunt her as Evie gazed upon her father’s face once more. She had looked death in the eyes many times over her thirty years of living, but nothing prepared her for the sour taste of saliva in her mouth, she felt as if she was going to be sick. The knots that instantly formed in her stomach, forced her back into a world of pain. Evie’s father’s waterlogged ballooned, decomposing face only recognizable by the half wilted, foamy bubbled eagle tattoo that used to sit proudly on the right side of his neck. His body was purple, bruised from battle but also battered from being dropped into the ocean, in hopes of reaching the sea floor and never reaching the surface again for air. That was the plan, that was Evie’s plan and it was one that had worked for her many times before but now she was looking at the evidence that could unravel her world completely. It turns out her half-sister did have the proof that the Russian and Romania governments were eager to get their hands on. Ayla did have the evidence to sink her and if Evie didn’t pay up all of the threats, would come to fruition.

There was a strange feeling of fear rippling through Evie’s body; it wasn’t an emotion that she was used to. Her body stiffened under the terror the end of the flight couldn’t come fast enough. Evie needed to get off this plane, out of the sky and back with her husband. If Ayla had the proof of what Evie did to their father, that meant she wasn’t bluffing about being able to take away the ones she loved most and right now, they were an hour apart. The heroic notion of wanting to save Ben and Bear is what was keeping Evie from ripping the plane apart in frustration and trepidation but the truth of the matter was, Evie needed Ben. Without him, she felt as if her windpipes were closing and she was struggling to breathe, she felt as if an arrowed had pierced her lungs and with each passing breathe her body ached as she waited for death. Reaching up Evie brought her hands around her throat clawing at her skin, trying to subconsciously open her airways. The next sixty minutes felt like a lifetime.

As soon as the wheels of the jet kissed the runway, Evie scooped up her carryon bag and bundled all of her belongings together and in a mad rush she didn’t stop to check she had everything. The signal for the door release alerted, and by instinct alone Evie cranked the handle back and opened the door. The steps unfolded below her and without a second thought she descended them carelessly as she was about the stumble on the bottom step, Ben’s arms were wrapped around her catching her before she fell.

“Whoa… easy there Eves…” He teased her. “It’s only been a day…” Ben smiled.

Evie couldn’t talk, all she could do was wrap her arms around her husband dropping her bag to the tarmac with a thud. And all of a sudden it felt as if the air had returned to her lungs, it was cool and it stung her lungs at first but it was the sweet fresh air of home in Bar Harbour. Evie ducked her head into Ben’s neck, her safe place and she refused to let him go. He could tell from the way her body hit him like a tonne of bricks that something had troubled her on the flight home, and their car ride home would be his best bet of getting that story out of her. Right now, Ben knew he had one job and one job only and regardless of how banged up and bruised his body felt, he had to hold her. He let Evie squeeze him as tightly as she could, it felt as if she needed to remind herself that he was alive and was standing before her in the flesh. Without another word spoken, he placed his chin on top of her head gently, his right hand came up to stroke the back of her head, his fingertips untangling her hair as he soothed her.

It wasn’t rare for him to see Evie like this, she was Koloa to him at times but the flash of fear in her eyes he noticed before she tumbled into his arms was enough to have his mind racing back to five years ago. Their hug right now felt all too familiar and if their history was anything to go by, there was storm brewing and now they had to hold on for dear life and try to weather it out. 

##

The night hadn’t been kind to Evie but she was up at the crack of dawn preparing herself for this morning’s meeting with her sister Ayla. She was dressed and ready in a pair of black ripped jeans and a tight black tank top that she had tucked into her jeans, a Gucci belt wrapped around her waist. It wasn’t your regular belt as Evie had just slipped behind the double G’s a small GPS tracker. Inside her right ear housed a small earpiece that she discreetly covered with her long black hair, thick strands of her hair overlapped her ears, before she pulled it back into a low ponytail. Walking across her living room, towards the coffee table in the middle of the open living space, she reached for her chunky black leather jacket, throwing it over her shoulders Evie couldn’t help but feel she had taken a trip down memory lane. There was an awful feeling of conflict that clouded her as Evie moved towards the wall length mirror checking her reflection to make sure her tracker, earpiece and small handgun couldn’t be seen from the outside. Evie didn’t have to turn around as she watched Ben approach her from the hallway, he was dressed in a pair of jeans, a navy t-shirt, his wallet and keys were in hand as he made his way over towards her.

“So where are we going again?” Ben asked, powerfully.

Evie just looked back at him through the mirror, a sigh escaping her blood red lips. She didn’t want this to cause an argument, but she couldn’t allow Ben to come with her. They had gone over this conversation about a hundred times last night, but Ben refused to let his wife go it alone.

“Ben.” Her voice trailed. “You can’t come with me. I don’t want you to.” Evie said painfully.

Ben just took a step towards his wife, he knew what she meant and he wasn’t taken back by her hurtful words. He knew Evie only wanted to keep him safe, but he wanted to do the same in return to her.

“If you think I’m going to let you go it alone… you’re kidding yourself.” Ben decreed.

Evie twirled on her heels so she could stare at him directly, her green eyes finding his clear blue eyes as she bit down on her bottom lip. He was suborn at times, not the witty go lucky man that the world got to witness week in and week out and when he had his mind set on something, it took heaven and hell shifting to stop him. Evie reached up and put her hands on top of Ben’s shoulders giving them a tight squeeze to reassure him.

“Oh you’ll be there with me.” Evie smiled.

Her right hand trailed down his chest and rested in between his pecs, resting on his heart.

“You’ll be all I’ll be thinking about… and keeping you and Bear out of harm’s way, is the only thing that matters to me right now. So please, I need you to stay home… Calista will be here any minute and she will tap you into our coms. You’ll be able to hear me, you’ll be able to see what I’m up to… it will be like you’re there… but you’ll be here safe.” Evie spoke firmly towards him.

Evie could tell that Ben didn’t like that plan as she saw his jaw tighten, his nostrils flared as he exhaled but instead of fighting with her Ben just reached out and hugged her. As he pressed Evie into his chest, Evie could feel his heart racing.

“I don’t like this Eves.” Ben spoke softly.

Evie wrapped her arms around his midsection, squeezing him tightly. She knew this was a lot to take in, Evie knew that this was also another downfall on her behalf. Evie told Ben that they would never have to live like this again after the ordeal with her Father, but here they were again being thrown right in the thick of things because of Evie’s past. It haunted Evie thoughts, how much more Ben could put up with this life and how much longer he would stay around knowing that at any given moment their lives would be picked up and smashed back down into the troubles of Evie’s past life coming to haunt them.

“I don’t like this either and I’m sorry you have to go through this all again.” Evie said softly.

Ben didn’t say a word, he just held onto his wife a little tighter he didn’t want to let her go but he knew she was headstrong and had already made up her mind about what was going to happen this morning. It almost killed Evie as she peeled away from Ben’s touch to look up at him, before she glanced down at her watch. It was 9:45am and if she planned to be at the Terrace Grille by 11am she needed to get going.

“I’ve got to go.” Evie breathed heavily, disappointedly.

Ben just nodded down towards her, his eyes falling to the floor before he walked Evie over towards their large double doors that their entryway boasted. Evie pulled her arms through the black leather jacket before she collected the large black Birkin bag that was by the doorway, and flung the straps over her right shoulder. Turning back to look at Ben as she stepped back out of her house, she moved towards him placing her left hand on the side of his face, trying to offer reassurance to help erase the pained look across his perfect face.

“Before I go, I want you to know that I love you and you are the only person that matters to me.” Evie choked. “But listen to me… If I’m not back in three hours, there is a bag packed for you in the study… you need to collect it, there is a duffle bag on top it contains a new passport. You need to go to the airport, take Bear with you… Calista will let you know the flight details… but once you get to the destination you’ll be met by a man called Pierre and he will take you to the safe house.” She paused, but only because she felt as if she was going to choke on her emotions. “I will meet you there… a few days tops, I promise.” Evie gasped.

It was a promise she made but Evie knew damn well she couldn’t guarantee to keep it. Ben went to speak but he didn’t get a chance as Evie pressed her lips against his stealing a kiss. It wasn’t just any ordinary kiss, it felt like their first kiss but strangely it also felt like a last kiss. A heated exchange filled with lust and anticipation but also an unsure embrace, because Evie couldn’t be honest about her gut feeling. This wasn’t a job, this was their lives and right now the glue keeping them together was being ripped apart by a greedy unwanted family arrival. Evie took a step back, breaking their kiss but Ben could tell by the look in her eyes it was the furthest thing she wanted to do right now. She didn’t let him speak, as they both didn’t have to say a word; they both knew how they felt and right now, there were no words to describe any outcome that required Ben to flee the country with the expectation that his wife would come find him a few days later. And with that Evie turned on her heels and walked away leaving Ben there, awaiting the arrival of Calista.

#

The fresh ocean air and stunning views of Frenchman Bay surrounded Evie as she made her way past the town pier making a beeline towards the iconic yellow umbrellas that laid across the lawn at the waterfront. The Terrace Grille was a well-known restaurant in Bar Harbour and must visit, for any traveller who happened to be in the area. Food service didn’t start until 11:30am but the staff still allowed you to take your seat under a yellow umbrella and look out towards Porcupine Islands as you peruse the menu.  Evie had taken a seat at the furthest table away from the main restaurant, the umbrella closest to the ocean as she could feel the cool sea breeze brush against her skin. The sound of seagulls calling above her head made her uneasy, she hated them at the best of times she didn’t need the chip thieves around whilst she was waiting on her sister. As Evie got comfortable she dropped the large Birkin bag down by her side before her attention was stolen away by the sound of Calista’s voice in her ear piece.

“Can you hear me?” Calista whispered.

Evie moved her right hand up to her mouth to cover her lips as she spoke back, faking a yawn at the start to explain why she had raised her hand to her mouth. As her eyes scanned the area she couldn’t see her sister but you never knew who could be watching at a high pressure time such as this.

“Yes.” Evie cautiously replied.

She kept her hand up to her face once more forcing another sham yawn as she heard a commotion on the other end of her earpiece after a set of loud scratches a loud booming voice hit her coms. The ruffling of the microphone came to a halt with a slight screech, causing Evie to close her eyes from being uncomfortable.

“Can you hear me?” Ben shouted.

Evie could sense the panic in Ben’s tone, and if she was being honest she couldn’t guarantee a safe journey home but she quickly replied back with a nervous rattle in her tone. 

“Yes, my love.” Evie carefully concealed her lips as she spoke.

She moved her hand away from her lips, bringing it down the table to pump a blob of hand sanitiser into the palm of her left hand, before bringing her hands together to lather them. Evie had to maintain COVID safe practices so her meeting today looked like an innocent family brunch. A catch up of two sisters who were struggling to stay connected during these unprecedented times. It wasn’t all a lie, I mean they were struggling to find a happy ground in their rocky relationship of blackmail and idle threats.

“Good, give her nothing and take her nowhere.” Ben encouraged.

Evie could hear Ben and Calista high five in the background, it brought a smile to her face knowing that her husband and best friend were still able to get along. Although she knew Ben would be all up in Calista’s space, encroaching on her personal bubble which would be driving the pregnant blonde insane. Calista liked to work alone in these types of set ups, but something told Evie that Calista was going to have to be more than accommodating for Ben’s needs, after all his wife just dropped an escape plan bombshell on him before turning on her heels and leaving the house this morning.  Evie looked up to the right and coming towards her, she could see her sister.

“She’s here.” Evie spoke with caution.

Ben and Calista knew that was code for silence and without another thought, Evie heard the coms in her ear go dead silent. Ayla moved across the pristine green lawn, making a beeline towards Evie. Evie had moved her sunglasses that sat on the top over her head down over her eyes as she adjusted her position in her chair. her hands came together as she rested them in the middle of the round table, an unimpressed look crossed her face as her little sister was late to the meeting she had set up for the two of them.

“You’re late.” Evie snarled. “So much for eleven am sharp.” Her Aussie accent cut deep. 

Ayla plonked herself down on the seat across from Evie, she was dressed in a beautiful tight fitting Fendi t-shirt style dress, it was lavender in colour. It was as if she was already celebrating her new lifestyle without even having the money in her hands yet. Evie couldn’t help but notice her long brown hair was curled, but she had it tied up in a bun, two thick loose curls flowed around her face framing it. Ayla slid her Dior sunglasses down her nose, before she perched them proudly on top of her head before she played with the right curl, twirling it around her finger like a playful child.

“What can I say, it’s hard to find parking in this dump of a town.” Ayla groaned. “I take it you have what I want?” She said with a smile.

Ayla’s green eyes darted straight to the black Birkin bag that was on the grassy floor, they lit up with excitement as she bent across and down her right hand reaching out for it. Her hand was kicked away by Evie, who snapped her sister’s attention back up towards her. Evie couldn’t help but notice how inpatient Ayla was behaving. Even though she had only sat down, she had reached for the bag and already checked her watch an excessive amount of times. Ayla snuck back into her chair, but her right leg started to bounce up and down a sign of being anxious. 

“No.” Evie spoke forcefully.

Evie glared across the round table at her sister, her arms folded across her chest as she couldn’t believe her sister would just expect a fast food handover. The Aussie slouched back into her chair, looking around to see if anyone was watching her from afar, her eyes were always on the lookout for potential threats as she still couldn’t be sure if Ayla was working alone or if she had some helpers just watching to strike Evie at any given time. Evie’s attention swept back to Ayla, who for the fifth time had looked at her watch.

“Well, you mustn’t love your precious airheaded husband that much after all… I knew it was too good to be true, Evie Baang, the heartless Evie Baang being madly in love with one man… enough to leave the assassin game, oh wait what did you used to call it? Procurement?” Ayla’s tone was provoking.

Ayla tried her hardest to get under Evie’s skin, but Evie wasn’t buying it. There was something about the way her little sister was behaving that had her second guessing her demands. Evie just let out an unamused sigh she didn’t want to be in a heated exchange of words with her sister, secretly deep down there was a part of her that wanted to get to know her but from the way Ayla entered her life, she knew that possibility was too far removed from reality.

“You think you know so much about me… and yet you keep bringing up the same three points time and time again. I must say Ayla… it’s getting a little old.” Evie snarled.

Evie moved forward in her chair, as she spoke towards her sister she couldn’t help but feel betrayed even though they didn’t know each other. Ayla just rolled her eyes, her right hand came up to her face to play with her stray curl once more.

“Look do you have my money or what? I want to get out of this place… I want what I’m owed.” Ayla rushed. “I want you to give me everything I’m entitled to, so I can go back home and be done with this country.” Ayla almost gagged at the thought of being in America a minute longer.

Evie watched as Ayla’ eyes started to dart around the outdoor restaurant, the more the swept around the place the more Evie felt uneasy. It felt as if they were being watched and she could have sworn her sister was trying to tell her something as she pushed the curled lock of hair behind her ear and tilted her head.

“What’s the rush Ayla?” Evie probed.

Ayla once again moved the strand of hair behind her right ear, before she looked across the table at Evie. For the first time their eyes caught each other’s and it felt awkward and unwanted at first but Evie couldn’t help but notice the despair that was written over Ayla’s features. Sure she was sitting in front of her demanding sixty million dollars, but the way she was acting made it feel like there was more to this story than what she was leading on. Evie couldn’t put her finger on it, but the more Ayla fidgeted in her chair the more Evie grew suspicious of their meeting.

“I WANT MY MONEY… NOW.” Ayla said between gritted teeth. “I know you brought it with you, so hand it over… I don’t have all day.” She exhaled deeply. 

Ayla had lost her patience with Evie as she raised her voice and shouted at her across the table. They both quickly looked around to make sure no other customers had heard them, before Evie let out a sarcastic laugh.

“Shut up.” Evie grimaced. “You clearly don’t know the weight of what sixty millions dollars looks like if you thought for a single second that I would be able to stuff it into a duffle bag and bring it to an open plan restaurant and make an exchange. So, why don’t you drop the act Ayla… why don’t you tell me how a florist from Russia, ended up all the way to Bar Harbour Maine to try and hustle some money out of her older sister? Hmmm… I can tell by the way your sweating this isn’t your world… so how about we have some one on one time and get to know each other a little better.” Evie smirked.

It was a ploy, Evie wanted to keep Ayla talking the more she looked like fish out of water the more Intel Evie could collect on her little sister the more she could use moving forward. Ayla grinded her teeth together and she moved forward in her chair, she reached across the table and like a cat she clawed at the table in frustration. Evie watched her sister take her long manicured black index finger and she tapped it on top of the table as if she wasn’t impressed by her older sister’s actions.

“Oh so, you did take some time out of your busy life to google me… I should feel honoured. You see I used my florist store as my front. You should know all about it, that’s how you and your father used to run those terrible nightclubs.” Ayla bit back.

Ayla kept tapping the table over and over again, her eyes darting down to her finger as if she was trying to lead Evie’s gaze there. Evie was trying to ignore the annoying sound of nail hitting wood; it was grinding on her last nerves but Ayla continued to tap away. Evie’s attention moved back to her sister’s face. She was trying desperately to hold back the sarcastic look on her face but she couldn’t help herself. She needed to correct her little sister.

“Once again… I’m not getting the serial killer vibe from you little sis… I mean woman to woman in this game, we don’t expose our aces and so far… you’re done nothing but.” Evie sighed. “I guess this is why younger sisters tend to be more irresponsible and sloppy.” She chuckled.

Evie winked towards Ayla and the Russian born couldn’t help but see red. Ayla didn’t have time to play games, she didn’t have time for small talk, she wanted her money and she wasn’t going to leave without it.

“If you don’t give me what I’ve asked for Evie… I will kill everything you have ever loved.” Ayla snarled.

Leaning across the table once more, she spoke through gritted teeth her thick accent, was harsh enough to make the hairs on the back of anyone’s neck stand up but Evie didn’t even flinch as she watched her sister scramble for threats. Evie leaned across the table, matching her sister's actions as she spoke back to her sharply.

“It’s everyone… it’s you’ll kill everyone… not everything...” Evie teased sarcastically.

Ayla just double blinked, shocked at how quickly Evie had replied. She nervously raised her right hand up to her ear once more tucking her hair behind it before she spoke once more.

“OMG stop, just stop it… please just give me what I’ve asked for… and I swear to god you will never see me again.” Ayla huffed. “Isn’t that what you want?” She sighed.

The sound in Ayla’s tone was desperation. Her left hand quivered as she reached across the table it was as if she wanted to reach out and touch Evie but she restrained herself. Ayla twitched her fingers, flexing them in and out as if she was stretching them. The movement wasn’t lost on Evie as she focused on her sister’s left hand. Evie had to buy some more time with her, something in the bottom of her gut was telling her. Call it sister intuition, even if that was a mythical stretch for a reason.

“I’d rather have a sister in my life… more so than a black mailing bitch if I’m honest but alas here we are.” Evie said dryly. “So why don’t we start this over again… are you in some sort of money troubles?” Evie’s tone was softer.

Evie looked up from Ayla’s hand and the table, her intense gaze had softened as she made an attempt to reach out.

“Maybe if we got to know each other a little more, I could help you?” Evie pleaded.

Ayla just sighed, she felt deflated she couldn’t handle it anymore. Bringing her hands together she balled them to make a fist slamming them together on to the table.

“Just give me the money.” Ayla said painfully. “I don’t want you in my life, never have never will… I just need the money.” She held back tears. “You mean nothing to me.” Ayla raised her voice.

Evie didn’t have time to be upset from her sister’s harsh words as Ayla’s face looked haunted as she quickly scanned the area. She swiftly moved her black YSL bag up onto the table as if she was going to leave but her left hand was at it again as soon as she knew the case was clear  she looked down towards it. Her fingers were stretching in and out. At first she extended five fingers followed by three, five fingers followed once more and when she finally knew Evie was paying attention she fired out the following five, five, two, five, five, five, one, five, five, three and lastly another five. Evie eyebrows came together as she tried to piece the message together but she couldn’t for the life of her work it out all she could see was the panicked look on her younger siblings face. Without another word, Evie leant down and picked up the black Birkin bag she brought with her, she held it out towards Alya who snatched it within an instant. It was as if she was starving and Evie had just offered Ayla her first meal in weeks. Ayla’s eyes grew wide as she looked inside but the small glimmer of hope faded just as quickly as it presented itself.

“What’s this?” Ayla questioned.

Evie looked at her sister, amused for a moment before she spoke.

“It’s twenty million worth of diamonds… one third of what you wanted… more than what I was willing to hand over. You can go back to Russia… a lovely man named Vadim will meet you at a bar called the Pickled Pig or a loose translation of that in three days time…  you’ll make an exchange and that’s how you’ll get your money.” Evie cringed.

She could tell Ben was swearing in rage at home even if she couldn’t hear him in her earpiece but that would be something she would deal with once she got home. Evie looked at her sister, she wasn’t sure why she had given in and gave away some of her prized diamonds from previous hauls but something told her Ayla needed the money more than her right now.

“I wanted sixty.” Ayla pouted.

That’s when Evie saw red, as she leant across the table her teeth gnashed together as she spoke towards her. The Terrace Grille has started to fill up with diners so Evie made sure her stern voice wasn’t more than just above a whisper.

“I’ve given your ungrateful arse twenty.” Evie fired back. “Now take it and run with it… because if I see you ever again, I will burn everything… and everyone you hold closely down to the ground. Your empire, will become my empire… and trust me Ayla… you know what our family is capable of… you know I’m not fucking joking.” Evie scowled, like only an older sister could.

The tone Evie used almost had a tinge of pain rumbling through it but she would never show a single soul how disappointed she was with her one on one meeting with her only living blood relative. Ayla didn’t know what to say, she just hooked her right arm through the handles of the bag and quickly made her way to her feet. She went to take her leave, but she couldn’t hide her own disappointment as she turned back and leant over Evie, getting up into her older sister’s face almost nose to nose with her as she spoke down towards her.

“Didn’t father ever tell you that story about the Devil having a monster under his bed… don’t make me the monster Evie… you won’t like it for a single second.” Ayla hissed towards her.

They sounded like a threat but her tone was shakey as she hissed towards Evie. Ayla went to take a step back but she was slightly pushed back as Evie stood up, towering over her sister in her large five inch heels. Evie was livid at the fact that Ayla would throw that story back in her face but she wasn’t going to let Ayla get the last word.

“And didn’t our father ever tell you about what happened to that monster?” Evie smirked wildly. “Cut to the end, the devil was the only one left standing.” She said casually.

Evie didn’t wait for a reply, she just looked her sister in the eye, side stepped and pushed past her before making her way towards the pier. She had wasted enough time and energy on Ayla for today, Evie needed to get back home to spend time with the only family that mattered to her. The family that wanted to be a part of her life. Still there was this awful feeling she couldn’t shake, perhaps Ayla was trying to tell Evie something with her finger moments or maybe just maybe Evie had played into a trap where Ayla had played her like a pawn in her game to squeeze money out of the Jordan’s. Either way Evie had to remove herself from the situation as her blood was boiling under her skin, it felt like lava was coursing through her veins. Ayla had some nerve to even walk into her life and try to take them to the cleaners. Yet, Evie couldn’t shift the feeling that she hadn’t seen the last of her sister but that would have to be a drama for another day. Right now she had to make it back to her car in one piece, pray nothing happens and hopefully she would make it home before the sand stopped pouring through the hourglass.

To be continued…

##

The scene opened up in the middle of a dimly lit backstreet in the middle of nowhere. Well that was a lie, it was one of the roads you got to travel when you made your way to The Jordan’s lake house but let’s be dramatic for the purpose of a promotional video. Evie’s figure could be seen in the middle of the road, she was wearing large black heels and a pair of tight black leather pants. The rest of her outfit was covered by a large black trench coat. Her World Bombshell  Championship shone from the moonlight sky as the cameras made their way towards her. The gravelled road was lined by leaf stripped oak trees as the smell of autumn was in the air. The camera's focus on Evie’s face showing off her perfect makeup, her blood red lips a staple in her on camera appearances. Her long black hair was curled and it tangled in the cool breeze as she walked towards the cameras. It didn’t take long and soon enough Evie’s voice was heard, her harsh accent grabbing everyone’s attention straight up.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.” Evie snarled. “Kate fucking Steele, Kate fucking Warren, Kate fucking sometimes known as Diamond… what a fucking joke, what a waste of my fucking time. You could have given this chance to anyone else, but no once again Kate gets what Kate wants, Kate gets what she demands and for what reason? So you can watch her fall on her fucking face again and again? So, you can blow smoke up her fucking arse?” Evie growled.

Evie took a step up towards the camera, the bottom of her heels crunching on the hard dirt beneath her feet.

“It’s a fucking joke… that this woman is being put in front of me before the likes of Keira, before Maki, before Johanna it’s a fucking joke that Kate could even remotely be considered for a run towards the World Bombshell Championship. This World Bombshell Championship.” Evie paused.

She tapped her prize possession that was draped over her right shoulder, perched proudly as it shone from the reflection of the bright moon.

“Most Bombshell’s when they lose a championship they take the high road, they readjust to their loss by knowing they need to start at the bottom and work their way back up but not you Kate, you have some fucked up delusion in your mind that the World Bombshell Championship needs you. You honestly think that losing your Internet Championship to Myra gives you the launch pad you needed to enter the World Bombshell Championship scene? Take it from the rest of us, no one wants to see you here… no one wants to see you desperately try and become a champion once more, because let’s be honest your whole career revolves about the titles, you refuse to use any sort of wit or measure to build yourself up as a competitor all you do is jump for championship to championship. Week in and week out you tell us your stats you tell us why you deserve to have the gold around your waist, but once it’s there… you tarnish it, because your nose is always stuck up the next person's arse… your eyes are too focused on what Championship to capture next.” Evie sighed.

She moved towards the camera some more, opening her large black trench coat to show off a glimpse of her new ring attire.

“Even when you were the Internet Champion, you spent more time talking about your desire to become the Bombshell Champion that you lost sight of what you actually owned and what was in your possession was the newly regenerated Internet Championship… instead of taking it to new highs you buried it into the ground, instead of making your reign memorable you tarred it with your selfish and pigheadedness… no one cares about the days you held it for Kate, because we all fucking know it was just you dragging lines through a calendar, so you could stuff your awards cabinet with one more fucking self proclaimed meaning of greatness.” Evie paused.

Evie swept a lock of her hair behind her ear, as the wind started to pick up around her.

“You know if you need to keep reminding people about how great you are with words… it means the complete opposite right. You never see a fucking commercial on the TV for a Ferrari, because everyone knows it worth, they know it’s power…  yet, every fucking second you get a chance to you open your mouth and you demand that we take notice of you, you demand that we see you as the next World Bombshell Champion… and why? Because it’s the next step up? You should be satisfied at the back of the fucking line, you should be trying to refocus and regroup… but no, you think you automatically deserve this.” Evie's voice dripped with venom.

She adjusted her title showing it off the camera ever so delicately.

“You deserve nothing.” Evie growled.

Her focus was lasered onto the lens of the camera, she wanted that message to be driven home to Kate.

“What have you done for this, apart from running your mouth? Nothing… what have you done to step up apart from starting a trashy fucking band? Nothing… You can’t expect to just flap your fucking gums and have things fall into line for you Kate… You need to work for them and the only thing you have been working is your tongue, your lips when you should have been using your teeth as a cage, to prevent the stupidity that leaks from your mouth and dribbles down your chin.” Evie snarled.

The Aussie rolled her eyes towards the camera, she had the weight of the world on her shoulder. She knew if she wasn’t able to beat Kate this week she would be walking into the Super card with a loss, before facing Alicia Lukas was never a good thing and worst of all a loss to Kate would probably propel Kate into the mix at Violent Conduct.

“You know what makes me sick? Kate, you honestly think that your standard around here, you honestly think that you’re the measuring stick and if someone can beat you that makes them the real deal… you’re delusional to think that you hold the same weight as the likes of Alicia Lukas, Delia, Vixen, Roxi, Mikah... you’re mistaken if you think people are lining up to face you to see if they are good enough. You’re not the gate keeper for greatness in Sin City Wrestling, you’re that annoying fucking bump in the road that we all get to, and we just pray that people have thick enough skin to get past all the bullshit you talk about yourself… about how you’re the greatest thing to grace Sin City Wrestling, you’re truly not… you never have been you never will be, your just a carbon copy of Crystal Hilton, with your sixteen names, twenty personalities and your band that’s a complete rip off a cartoon… if you had one original thought in that brain of yours, it would be fucking deadly, but no you clown yourself to an audience week in and week out thinking that you’re  being entertaining, assuming that you’re being different, you believe that you’re a stand out… but when this is all said and done, when the lights go out and your wrestling career is dead and gone, people won’t remember you for your self glorified tick list of greatness… you’ll be known as an imposter, a bipolar nutcase who can’t tell which way is up, because they already believe that they are at the top.” Evie stopped, bringing her teeth together.

Taking another step up towards the camera Evie bent down so the footage could focus on her face when she said her next line.

“You’re so far from the fucking top, that if you fell from your perch, you’d already be on the fucking floor.” Evie smirked.

Evie took a step back and continued along the path towards the forest, the camera continued to follow her as she spoke.

“So what happens next Kate, when all your desperation, all your entitlement comes crashing down around you this Sunday night?  When we finally get to step back inside the ring and lock horns one on one? What happens when I remind you that you’re always going to be one step away from obtaining the World Bombshell Championship? Will you deny this loss as well or will you run into the arms of your little bitch of a husband or your fake best friend?” Evie smirked. “You really think Melody gives two shits about you? She can’t fucking stand you… but you know the best way to shut you up, it’s to just feed you full of false hope, pat you on the head and tell you that you’re such a good friend, you know basically how you would treat a rescue dog… your just charity for Melody… it time you wake up and see that.” Evie said sarcastically.

Evie couldn’t help but laugh, but she didn’t get carried away as she quickly followed up.

“It must suck knowing that everyone around you can’t even stand you… take your Husband for instance, he took to dressing up in drag to get away from you. He cheated on you, just to catch a breath of fresh air… and let’s be honest the only reason why he is hanging on to you now is because he needs his monthly cheques to cash… without his connection to you, without your connection to Melody… his dream match of coming face to face with J2H would just be stale piss in a bottle… it wasn’t his star power or your worth that put him on the map for James… it was your annoying presence in his wife’s life that lit the fucking fuse.” Evil smiled.

Evi couldn’t help herself; she had to laugh, she enjoyed knowing that would seep  under Kate’s skin.

“How does it feel knowing you're not worth a grain of salt, not even a pinch when it comes to being the benchmark in Sin City Wrestling? How does it feel knowing that this week at Climax Control we will stand across the ring from each other once more and you’ll be the next stepping stone in my World Bombshell Championship legacy? You couldn’t stop me from winning the Blast from the Past, your team couldn’t hold the front, and this Sunday history will repeat… although just to cement my claim to my championship… I will pin you in the middle of the six-sided ring and I will beat you fair and fucking square and once the match is over, you won’t be able to hide behind Javi… you won’t be able to say he is the only reason why you lost. You’ll learn that the Blast from the Past was a team effort and even though I never pinned you… I still defeated you as much as that is a struggle to get through your thick skull. Because, weren’t you telling everyone that because I never pinned you, I never beat you? Yet when you and Ben took the win in the strange bedfellows match, you couldn’t and wouldn’t stop fanning your cooch about how you had beaten me? That doesn’t balance out Kate, you can’t just accept losses when you feel like it. That’s a fucking cop out… but on Sunday night we won’t have to worry about the red tape that comes with a mixed tag team match, we won’t have to worry about who is who in the zoo… all you’ll need to worry about is what excuse you’re going to use when you walk into Climax Control claiming victory but you’ll be wheeled out the building red faced, disgraced and back to the fucking bottom of the ladder… as you fucking should be.” Evie snapped her teeth shut.

She was animalistic at times when she spoke, especially when she was focused on something that grind her gears. Evie looked down the lens of the camera, adjusting her World Bombshell Championship that was draped proudly over her shoulder.

“The fact you have skipped over Keira is fucking appalling and the fact that you think you can get away with it? Is even fucking worse… it’s okay, that’s why I’m here and I’ll continue to do what I have been doing since my return, dishing out timely reality checks to those who need it most. Tally thought she was the next big thing, I put a stop to that… Andrea thought she was a worthy champion, I put a stop to that… Alicia thought she was unbeatable and guess what? I put the breaks on that as well… so, tell me again how you’re next in line, tell me again why the Bombshell title needs you? Tell the world why you deserve to be the top champion in this company… and I’ll just remind you Sunday night that you’re not worth shit. You’re not next in line, you’re not even in contention. I’ll open your fucking eyes to that at Climax Control… consider it a gift, consider it a warning, consider it your worth… I don’t give a fuck how you polish it, just know that this World Bombshell Championship isn’t going anywhere soon and it sure as hell isn’t going to be released into your hands.” Evie paused.

She had a repulsed look on her face, but Evie continued on.

“Your greedy, needy fucking hands all they do is grab, but I can assure you, you’re reaching for an unobtainable goal. So, when you lose this Sunday do us all a favour take a fucking long walk off a short pier when it comes to begging for a World Bombshell Championship shot… no one likes a beggar, no one likes a greedy slut who expects more than what she is worth. Kate you’ve become the resident two dollar title whore in Sin City Wrestling and it’s safe to fucking say it but no one is willing to pay for your clapped out entitled arse anymore.” Evie smirked.

Evie moves towards the camera, focused as ever.

“I’ll see you on Sunday night and I can promise you Kate this won’t be the outcome you’ll be looking for. I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and I refuse to buckle or crack at the thought of facing you or losing to you, especially being two weeks away from facing Alicia Lukas again… I’m not going to allow you to win yourself a chance to enter this match, nor will I allow you to hold any more bragging rights over my head…” Evie snarled.

Evie moved her World Bombshell Championship once more as she spoke.

“You once shut me out from becoming the Internet Champion, so please allow me to return the favour when I eliminate your claim to the World Bombshell Championship… this Sunday night at Climax Control. I’ll call it an eye for a fucking eye, and you’ll just have to fucking accept it.” Evie smirked wildly.

And with that said and done, the scene faded in on the wickedly evil smirk of the current Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Champion, Evie Jordan.