Author Topic: The Muffin Man  (Read 459 times)

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
The Muffin Man
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:10:11 PM »
We see Stephen Callaway laying on the bed in his hotel room. He is eating a muffin as the scene opens. On the table beside him is a large bowl full of muffins. After finishing his muffin, he takes one from the bowl and holds it to the camera

Stephen Callaway
 "Want one?"

He takes it away from the camera.

Stephen Callaway
 "Doesn't matter does it. It's not like I can push this through the screen and hand it to you if you do."

He starts eating the muffin in his hand.

Stephen Callaway
 "That said there's not really a lot that I CAN do these days. But I have come to a revelation.

What's the point of me doing anything?

See in this business, if you want to do well, you train, say your prayers, eat your vitamins. There's a whole bunch of shit that you need to do.

But what's the point?

Say your prayers.

I have. Every night I have sat at the side of this bed. My hands clasped together so tight that they go red. I pray. I pray to God, to Budda to any and all religious deities that are listening and can help.

NOTHING!

I pray and I pray and yet I sit here with none of it answered.

So that's out.

Train.

I did that. I have ran over most of Vegas, I've spent a ton of time in the hotel gym working out, I have done push ups, press ups wherever whenever and I have spent more time in empty rings working on moves.

Again, NOTHING!

Eat right.

I have dieted, I have gorged on all the right calories for energy, for proteins, for strength. You name it.

Again, NOTHING!

So what do you do when no matter what you do to succeed, it fails?"

He holds up the remains of his muffin.

Stephen Callaway
 "I train and I train and yet I lose and lose. No matter what I have done, none of it has worked.

So fuck it!

If I want a pizza, I'll have one. If I want a bowl of muffins to eat one after the other after the other then I will.

What's the point of dieting? What's the point of training? I do everything I can do and nothing works!

My muscles ache with all the running. With all the iron pumping. With all the push ups.

So I figure: why not sit here? Why not sit with my feet up. To hell with the training. I can spend my time sitting here with some desert with cream and sponges and strawberry sauce, maybe some chocolate all over it. I can sit and scoff that while binge watching Heroes box sets.

Why do all the training? Why do all the diets?

I'm just going to lose anyway."

He scrunches up the muffin wrapper and tosses it over his head. It bounces off the wall and lands in a bin less than a foot to the side of the bed Stephen is on.

Stephen Callaway
 "See I hit the big bad wall of 'is it worth it?" a few months ago. I decided back then it wasn't. That's when I handed my notice in. Right now I figured, I can't pack up and go home. Flight bans and all that. So, as Sin City are paying for the hotel room I am in along with the facilities in the hotel what I use, it's only fair that I still appear at the shows I'm advertised to appear on.

Including this week's Climax Control against Caleb Storms.

See, I'll be there. I'll be in that ring ready to wrestle. But I'm not sure I'll be giving it 100% effort. I mean I tried that and I lost.

But yeah. I know I'm one of the lucky ones. I still have a job right now. I know there's a lack of money coming into business so those that worked for these businesses got fired. I know some of those cases, the business was forced to close. I know the ripple effect of that. No money coming in means no money can go out. Bills can't be paid. Food can't be bought.

Believe it or not, I've been in that position. I know people in that position. Any time I have a meal I know how lucky I am to have it. I know how lucky I am to have a roof over my head. I know how lucky I am that I can put on the TV and watch what I want to, on whatever channel. Because I remember a time when I couldn't

I know that I have a match at the weekend but there are those all over the world that are fighting every damn day of their lives just to eat, just to stay dry.

Caleb Storms, I'm going to go out there on Sunday with every intention of beating you. However,  you and I both know how unlikely that probably is. I mean let's face it, I don't know my next opponent. It could be at a pay per view or even on the next episode of Climax Control. But right now, I'm sure his odds of winning are higher than mine."

He bites into another muffin as the picture fades.