Author Topic: Endeavor XXI  (Read 480 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XXI
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:21:49 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 6 al 13 de septiembre de 2 0 2 0

I'm not going to waste too much time here. We all know that I didn't win the battle royal two weeks ago, that Alicia got super lucky, and that Maki should be thankful that she left as fast as she did when she got eliminated because the only reason she's still around is by the grace of God and because I'm a nice person.

Maybe not all the time, but most of the time.

Anyway, Sunday is the go-home show to Violent Conduct and surprise, surprise, I have a golden opportunity for a Bombshell Roulette Championship title match at the supercard. Only problem is Johanna Krieger and Bea Barnhart stand in my way.

You know, it’s a good thing Johanna is going into this with such confidence, because we all know she's the baddest bitch in the Bombshells Division, and she will let you know that fact.

Well, if she wanted competition, she's got the right one because I sure do love testing myself against the up-and-comers here and find out if they're really ready to take on the best the company has to offer.

Good thing Johanna has had a pretty good standing up until now, she's going to need it. Now that she's moving on to a singles career, we're going to find out if she'll sink or swim. Bea Barnhart, bless her heart, the girl is trying to keep her head above water, but it's not whether she can stay alive, it's how long until she goes under.

Anyway, facing Bea Barnhart should be fun. Add in Johanna Krieger, now we have a party.

I have two opponents to get through Sunday. Am I going to guarantee walking out number one contender? No. I'll guarantee the pursuit of it, whatever it takes.

One day, someday, I will be champion again. But just as how I'm not going to let anyone stop me, I'm not letting failure stop me either. This year is only a setup for my comeback. And despite what you may think, failure isn't fatal. But I am.

Long before you knew, and long after you remember.

~~~

FLASHBACK

A plane chases the sunset.

Inside the plane, Mercedes wakes up from her afternoon nap and looks outside her window seat. The pyramids of Giza were best viewed at daytime, but seemed even more majestic under the orange glaze that settled behind the.historic landmarks. A man walks his camels over the desert sand dunes to wherever he was going.[/i]

Jorge: So, where you're off too next, Carmen Sandiego?

Mercedes: I told you, I'm going to Africa for a show on the twentieth. Did you get my tickets for Egypt yet?

Jorge: Took care of it.

Mercedes' brother passes the time listlessly turning the pages of a travel brochure about the continent. All the pertinent details are there – glossy photos, a few interesting trivia, nightlife.

If getting there was half the fun, usually the other half wasn't worth the price of admission.

He looks up from his reading.

Jorge: You know, Merce. I'm kind of surprised you took me along after, well, you know, the Egypt thing.

Mercedes: Well, as the Good Book says, you should forgive others, and I forgive you, Jorge.

Jorge: You never told me why you're taking me with you to the Ivory Coast.

Mercedes: Don't you want to see your own sister win back her tag team titles that she lost a month ago? Relax. Getting there is only half the fun.

Jorge shrugs.

Jorge: If you say so. Just that, you know, those girls you're up against scare the hell out of me, especially the girl with the guns. Oh, well. Might as well be prepared. What did you bring with you?

Mercedes holds up an iPad.

Mercedes: Movies and music? You?

Jorge: Even better. I've brought along some board games, playing cards, and dominoes to play with. This is going to be one long flight. Gotta have something to do or I'm going to be suffering from bordom-induced coma.

Mercedes stares back at her brother before lowering her face into her hand. Yup, this was going to be the beginning of what would be the week from hell. Will she be able to survive it is the question. The male passenger, who has since woken up from his nap turns to Mercedes, waving at her, which in turn weirded her out.

As the plane flies over the majestic Atlantic Ocean under the guise of sunrise, our scene fades to black.

~~~

L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

It's Not Whether You Win or Lose: Gatekeeper the Eighteenth: Mentiras, Malditas Mentiras (Lies, Damned Lies..., Part III)

[REC]

The camera warms up on Mercedes sitting cross-legged on a beanbag chair, slightly pensive to the events of the past few weeks, and for the weeks to come.

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

Mercedes takes a deep breath, brushes away a few strands of her hair from her eyes.

"There's one thing everyone knows I love to do and that's talk. So, when I talk, most of the time you know I'm going to say a lot and usually something somewhat controversial. You hinge on every last word, you're watching, waiting, and wondering just what I'm going to say. Most of the time, my words seem to stay in people's mind. So when it comes to this match and finding out who will be next in line to challenge Seleana Zdunich for the Bombshell Roulette Championship at Violent Conduct, well, I guess I have to say something, right?

"On paper, this is Johanna's match to lose. Johanna has the better record, the most wins, and the fewest losses. She's had an incredible, incredible year. SCW is always on the lookout for the next breakout star. A lot of the higher-ups believe she's had a breakout year of any woman on the active roster and it's only a matter of time before she winds up with her first singles championship and maybe even the top championship in her future. Bea Barnhart hasn't had a great year, but SCW sees a lot of potential. Like I said, on paper.

"In reality, though?"

The pause, then small smile on her face was a telltale sign to the viewer that Mercedes was about to once again defy all kinds of logic by not talking about herself.

"In reality, there's only one real threat in this triple threat. Sorry, it's not Bea or Johanna. And if you really had either of those two in mind, please leave the room. Don't get me wrong. Johanna is good, she may even be great, but she's only beginning her climb in Sin City Wrestling. She may be enjoying the honeymoon now, but it's not going to last forever. Alicia is a good example, so is Andrea. They were the hottest thing going last year, nobody could stop them. This year? Not so much.

"I know what you're thinking. There's no woman who's invincible. And as sure as the sky is blue I'm not either. I've taken my knocks, I've lost more than my fair share. But, see, the thing is I always got back up. I always get back up.

"I don't need 40 minutes to tell you what I can already say in 10 minutes. I could tell you about my title reigns and accolades, the championships I've won, the numerous records I've set and broken, the milestones I've reached, everything I've done in my career,, but, really, where's the fun in that? I've accomplished a lot more than what people give me credit for. I've carved out a legacy that will never be surpassed or equaled. You've read the history book, you've seen the monents. And if you did none of those things, you probably heard about it."

And while Mercedes may not be headlining shows or main events, no longer one of the top stars of the company or hold a title or even the top title, she was still a dangerous opponent, no matter what her win-loss record says.

"Johanna already made it clear how she feels about me and that's perfectly fine because I was never moved by emotions and I really don't care how people see me. If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best, either the fans and the other Bombshells takes me for granted or they don't.

Mercedes offers an nonchalant shrug while mouthing the word "sorry" before continuing. The offer was non-negotiable.

"I've made history many times over at Violent Conduct. Do I have to win this match? Not really. Do I have anything to prove? Not really. My legacy won't be threatened, especially from who I'm facing next Sunday. This match is just the stepping stone to either Bea or Johanna in taking that next step. That doesn't mean I won't make you earn it."

Mercedes pauses, smirks a while. She knows where she was going with this.

"So when SCW poses a question that whoever wins Sunday won't know what they're getting into at Violent Conduct, I can only shake my head.

Maybe they forgot that I've been in more Roulette Rules matches than any woman in SCW history, or that I have more wins in Roulette Rules matches than anyone. Or the fact that I was the first-ever four-time Bombshell Roulette Champion."

Mercedes pauses, then adds.

"Or that there's nothing that roulette wheel can throw at me that I can't handle against Seleana. After all, I ruined her pay-per-view debut."

Mercedes swipes a hand over face. The once proud smile she had has transformed into a serious expression.

"And maybe Bea Barnhart seem to forgot that I have a singles win over her. Or that Jojo forgot that the last person who got in my face from her stable got her first loss handed to her. I'm willing to bet Sierra still has nightmares over it.

I know I'm a nightmare for anyone who stands across from me in that ring and I've proven that time again. In my prime, past my prime, it doesn't matter. Underestimate me at your peril and see where that gets you.

“So just how am I going to prepare for this match? I should be freaking out,, biting my nails and wondering how will that roulette wheel decide my fate this time.

“But I know better because it doesn't matter what the stipulation is. I don't have to get ready, I stay ready. Whatever the spin of that roulette wheel, I'll face it head on. Whatever challenge the two of you pose will be nothing like the first time anything before it. Am I at disadvantage? No question. And the scary thing is, I know neither of you like me, and maybe the greatest disadvantage is that you have every advantage. But here's the thing, I'll find a way, not a way out. I always do, because that's what I do.”

See, it's really simple: in order for me to make history one more time at Violent Conduct, for me to achieve my dreams, I have to crush yours. So Bea and Johanna will lose their Violent Conduct debut, and they might have to wait a little bit longer for that elusive singles title win.

"Ladies, you shouldn't be afraid of my words, you should be afraid when I have to put my boots back on and ready to kick ass and take names. So which one of you are going to end up on my checklist Sunday? Doesn't really matter. Pretend this is the Hall of Fame, you're both inducted, so pat yourselves on the back. You've earned it."

"So the question isn't who's going to let me..."

For a moment the smile returns to her face while running her fingers through her hair.

"it's who's going to stop me?"

Mercedes stops to open her arms wide in challenge.

***Fade***

>
<span style="color:Orange">SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
Fastest wrestler to 100 career matches on Climax Control (October 2019)
First-ever fourteen-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and fourteenth title (November 28, 2021)
(2968 days/97 months between October 2013 and November 2021/8 years, 1 month, 15 days)
First-ever thirteen-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and thirteenth title (April 11, 2019)
(2737 days/89 months between October 2013 and April 2021/7 years, 5 months, 29 days)
First-ever twelve-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and twelfth title (June 30, 2019)
(2086 days/68 months between October 2013 and June 2019/5 years, 8 months)
First-ever eleven-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and eleventh title (September 16, 2018)
(1799 days/59 months between October 2013 and September 2018; 4 years, 11 months)
First-ever ten-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and tenth title (July 22, 2018)
(1743 days/57 months between October 2013 and July 2018; 4 years, 9 months)
First-ever nine-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and ninth title (September 24, 2017)
(1442 days/47 months between October 2013 and September 2017; 3 years, 11 months)
First-ever eight-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and eighth title (May 15, 2016)
(945 days/31 months between October 2013 and May 2015; 2 years, 7 months)
Longest consecutive pay-per-view appearance 66+ consecutive events since June 23, 2013 SCW pay-per-view debut)
Only woman to compete at every SCW pay-per-view in a calendar year for five consecutive years (2014-2018)
Only woman to compete at every SCW pay-per-view in a calendar year for 10 consecutive years (2014-2023)
One of two wrestlers and the first woman to win five different SCW championships (July 22, 2018)
1743 days/57 months (4 years, 9 months)
First-ever two-time World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (w/Traci Patterson) (June 29, 2014)
First-ever two-time World Mixed Tag Team Champion (w/Kain) (September 16, 2018)
First-ever five-time tag team champion overall in SCW history (September 16, 2018)
1652 days/54 months (4 years, 6 months)
Previously held record for Most career wins by a female wrestler in SCW history (December 16, 2018)
Previously held record foor Most career wins on Climax Control by a female wrestler in SCW history (February 3, 2019)
First-ever seven-time singles champion overall in SCW history (passing Goth for most career singles championship reigns all-time), most by a female wrestler
First-ever six-time singles champion overall in Bombshell history, (tied with Goth for most career singles championship reigns all-time in SCW history)
1442 days/47 months (3 years, 11 months)
One of six female wrestlers (Misty, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, Joanne Canelli, Roxi Johnson) and the second fastest to win a title in three consecutive years (May 31, 2015)
595 days/19 months (1 year, 7 months)
Second female wrestler, one of three (Amy Marshall, Roxi Johnson) and the second fastest to win a title in four consecutive years (February 14, 2016)
854 days/28 months (2 years, 4 months)
Only female wrestler to win a championship in six consecutive years:
1743 days/57 months (4 years, 9 months)
(Bombshell Roulette Championship, 2013, 2014; World Bombshell Tag Team Championship, 2015; Bombshell Internet Championship, 2016; World Bombshell Championship, 2017; World Mixed Tag Team Championship, 2018) 
Only woman in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion with four sets of titles (September 16, 2018)
Only woman to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette (x3), World Bombshell Tag Team (x3), World Bombshell (x2) and World Mixed Tag Team Championships in a career (September 16, 2018)
One of two women (Amy Marshall) and one of three wrestlers overall (Marshall, Rage) in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion wirh three sets of titles (February 14, 2016)
Third woman, one of only five (Joanne Canelli, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, Roxi Johnson) and the third fastest in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion with the SCW Bombshell Roulette (x3), World Bombshell Tag Team (x3) and Bombshell Internet Championships in a career (February 14, 2016)
First woman and one of only four (Veronica Taylor, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco) to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Tag Team Championships (June 29, 2014)
Second woman and one of three (Vixen, Sam Marlowe) to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Championships (September 24, 2017)
Third woman and one of only three (Misty, Raynin) to become a multiple-time champion with the World Bombshell Tag Team and World Bombshell Championships (September 24, 2017)
Only female wrestler to become a multiple-time champion with the World Bombshell and World Mixed Tag Team Championships (September 16, 2018)
Second Bombshell after Any Santino and one of six female wrestlers (Roxi Johnson, Mikah, Crystal Caldwell, Keira Fisher-Johnson) to win all three singles championships (September 16, 2018)
One of five women (Kittie, Vixen, Joanne Canelli, Delia Darling) to have never lost their first match of a new year and the first to do so four years in a row (June 2013 debut, January 2014, 2015, 2016)
Second wrestler male or female after Jessie Salco and one of three (Jessie Salco, Roxi Johnson) to reach 50 career PPV matches (Into the Void X, 23 May 2021)
First wrestler male or female to reach 60 career PPV matches (High Stakes X, November 22, 2022)Most career PPV matches in SCW (surpassed Jessie Salco with 59, Violent Conduct VIII, September 4, 2022)
Most career matches on Climax Control<Most career matches in SCW
One of three women to have never lost their first supercard match of a new year and the first to do so five years in a row (June 2013 debut, January 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) 
First-ever SCW Queen for a Day battle royal winner (December 2 Dismember III supershow, December 13, 2015)
Second Bombshell to have wrestled 100 TV/PPV matches, fastest in history to reach milestone (September 3, 2017)
(1554 days, or 51 months between June 2013 and September 2017)
Fifth woman to have wrestled 50 TV/PPV matches, third fastest in history to reach milestone (July 19, 2015)
(777 days, or 25 months between June 2013 and July 2015)
Second-longest reigning Bombshell Roulette Champion 
September 14, 2014 - March 8, 2015 (175 days; 5 months, 22 days; held record for longest singles reign for 17 months after reign ended)
Most consecutive/successful title defenses, 5;
[record tied by Sam Marlowe twice on 24 September 2017 and 7 April 2019]
Second most combined consecutive/successful title defenses, 7; broken on 26 January 2019; [held record for most combined defenses for four years after third reign ended]
Second woman to have held Bombshell Roulette Championship three times (after Necra Octavian Kane) (September 14, 2014) 
Fourth woman and one of five (Misty, Vixen, Necra Octavian Kane, Jessie Salco) to have held a Bombshell singles title three times (September 14, 2014) 
Only woman to record four title reigns in a single year
(2014, winning the Bombshell Tag Team (March, June) and Bombshell Roulette (January, September) Championships two times each)
First woman in SCW history to go unpinned/unsubmitted in singles matches for up to an entire year (365 days) or more (434 days)
Longest Bombshells singles unpinned/unsubmitted streak in SCW history
(June 2, 2013 - August 10, 2014) -
14 months, 8 days/434 days overall/62 weeks
Longest Bombshells unpinned/unsubmitted streak in SCW history 
(June 2, 2013 - March 30, 2014)
9 months, 28 days/301 days overall/43 weeks
[Held record from March 30, 2014 - March 21, 2016
722 days/23 months, 3 weeks/103 weeks and 1 day]</span>

<span style="color:gold">The Checklist</span>
<span style="color:grey"><span style="color:gold">Faith</span>
Ambrosia Grey/Joanne Canelli/Laura Jackson
<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco</span>
Nessa Wall/Jessie Salco (x2)
<span style="color:gold">Nessa Wall (x2)</span>/Traci Patterson
Misty/Vixen
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x2)</span>
Lizzie Short/Traci Patterson (x3)/<span style="color:gold">Joanne Canelli (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall</span>
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x4)</span>/Jessie Salco (x3)
Emma Rose/Joanne Canelli (x3)
Roxi Johnson/Electra Styles
Jessie Salco (x4)/<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x2)</span>
Felony Fontana/Rock Rose
Trishelle Jordan/Traci Patterson (x5)
Misty (x2)/Roxi Johnson (x2)/Amy Marshall (x3)
Necra Octavian Kane/<span style="color:gold">Natalie McKinley</span>/Joanne Canelli (x4)
<span style="color:gold">Necra Octavian Kane (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Cynthia Warren</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain (x2)</span>/Traci Patterson (x6)
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x7)</span>
Caleb Houston/Roxi Johnson (x3)
Amy Marshall (x4)/<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco (x5)</span>
Amanda Cortez/Veronica Taylor
Amanda Cortez (x2)/Veronica Taylor (x2)
<span style="color:gold">Raynin</span>
Amy Marshall ((5)/<span style="color:gold">Raynin (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Alexis Edwards</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x6)/Kate Steele/Traci Patterson (x8)/Kahlan "Bliss" Fischer</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain (x3)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Alexis Edwards (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Melanie Gabrielle</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x7)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Crystal Millar</span>
<span style="color:gold">Celeste North</span>         
Dax Beckett/<span style="color:gold">Celeste North (x2)</span> 
James Tuscini/<span style="color:gold">Trish Newborn</span>  
Ivan Darrell/Amanda Cortez (x3)
<span style="color:gold">Kate Steele (x2)</span>