Author Topic: In The Fog  (Read 687 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
In The Fog
« on: September 04, 2020, 11:14:12 PM »
Off-Camera

Thursday August 27, 2020
Parking Lot
UPMC Shadyside
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
11:05 PM  EDT

Zenna Zdunich stands next to her rental car shaking her head, her phone to her ear while her sisters-in-law, Christina Zdunich and Kelly Taylor, Kelly’s elder sister, Jenni Taylor, Christina’s daughter, Brittany Williams, and Brittany’s wife, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis, all stand just a few feet away waiting for word from inside. She shakes her head and then presses the button to put the phone on speaker. 

Zenna Zdunich: They can all hear you now, Li.

The voice of Zenna’s fiancée, Linnéa Lacroix, comes booming out of the phone.

Linnéa Lacroix: What in the hell happened? One second Jenni’s in there havin’ the match of her life with Diamond Caldwell, Eve O’Donnell and Victoria Salinas and then the next Sel’s draggin’ Diamond out to the floor like a possessed wildcat!

Zenna nods to the phone.

Zenna Zdunich: We do not know yet. She collapsed after and we had to bring her to hospital. We have been told nothing because we are not allowed in due to COVID restrictions. They have told Christina they will tell her as soon as they know anything.

Linnéa Lacroix: Collapsed? What the fuck?

Zenna takes a deep breath.

Zenna Zdunich:  Jag vet inte. Hon verkade berusad.

Linnéa goes silent for a second and her voice is replaced by that of her younger sister, Kelly’s fiancée, Alissa Lacroix.

Alissa Lacroix: Sel? Fucked up? Since when? 

Linnéa Lacroix: That doesn’t make any sense at all…

Christina shakes her head, looking near tears. Brittany hugs her mother, Halo joining in quickly while both Taylor Sisters nod in agreement with the sentiment.

Kelly Taylor: We said the same, Love! It’s bloody bonkers to think Seleana went on a pub crawl during a show.

Jenni nods a second time.

Jenni Taylor: It’s bloody bonkers to think Seleana went on a pub crawl at all.

Alissa can’t agree fast enough.

Alissa Lacroix: Right?!!? Like, one of us, ok, it’d be sad but no one should be fuckin’ shocked by that behavior given our rehab history but Sel? Seriously, what the fuck?

Linnea’s voice comes back, somber and almost frightened.

Linnéa Lacroix: Are… are we sure she didn’t?

Everybody stares at the phone almost in shock that the question has even been put forth.

Linnéa Lacroix: Are we sure she just wasn’t good at hiding it from us all? Some of us used to be professionals at it…

Zenna shakes her head.

Zenna Zdunich: She was with at least one of us all night. She never had a chance to hide anything from us. The way she behaved before Jenni’s match, there is no way she did anything before the show.

Everyone goes silent again for a second.   

Linnéa Lacroix: So, why Diamond?

Zenna glances over to Christina.

Zenna Zdunich: The talk was it was over Christina.

Linnéa Lacroix: Her and Diamond?

Christina pulls away from her daughter and Halo.

Christina Zdunich: We’re friends! I didn’t cheat on Sel with her or anyone else!

Zenna, Jenni and Kelly all raise their hands to try and calm Christina down.

Jenni Taylor: No one here said you did, Love.

Kelly Taylor: None of us think you that bloody thick! 

Alissa Lacroix: Is there any way Sel jumped to that conclusion herself?

Zenna shakes her head.

Zenna Zdunich: Have you ever known Seleana to react to any of that? She trusts her wife. She usually laughs it off like it’s a great joke.

Halo nods.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: It took her a year to finally step to Christian Underwood over Mama Chrys. This wasn’t even an hour…

Christina looks at everyone and then looks away.

Christina Zdunich: You do think I was…

Zenna cuts her off, handing her phone off to Halo.

Zenna Zdunich: No, we do not. We think it strange that Seleana seemingly reacted like somebody else tonight to something even we would not normally blink at. You and Diamond were just being yourselves. Why would Seleana react like that was not the case? Why would she react as if Diamond was actively shoving it in her face that this was an on-going thing?

Christina looks into Zenna’s eyes. Zenna places her hands on Christina’s shoulders.

Zenna Zdunich: There was a time this would have been normal behavior for me. It is probable this would have been normal behavior for you as well but when has it ever been normal behavior for Sarabi?

Staring into Zenna’s eyes, Christina simply nods slowly.

Christina Zdunich: Never.

Halo nods.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: She was agitated, aggressive, flew off the handle like her trigger was permamenetly stuck wide fuckin’ open! I know I been like that but I usually had to be fucked up out of my gourd on somethin’ to be violent like that.

Kelly Taylor: That’s me as well... 

Zenna nods, still maintaining her grip on Christina’s shoulders.

Zenna Zdunich: Me as well. I am thinking that soon we will be told that Seleana was given something to make her act like that some time after our match. She did not act like that during your match in Georgia earlier tonight and she did not act like that before Jenni went to the ring tonight.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: So somewhere in there, somebody managed to hit her with somethin’ and God knows what it was!

Kelly starts to rub her arm.

Kelly Taylor: This is starting to bring back memories for me…

Jenni quickly hugs her sister from behind.

Jenni Taylor: It’s alright, Love. I have you.

Just then, Christina’s phone goes off.

Christina Zdunich: They’re keeping her overnight.

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: I’ll give you a ring when we find a place to stay for the night, Li. I love you.

Linnéa Lacroix: I love you, Z!

Kelly Taylor: That’s me as well, Lis. Love you!

Alissa Lacroix: I love you too, Kels!

Zenna ends the call and they climb into their rental vehicles to go find hotel rooms.

Off-Camera

Friday August 28, 2020
Parking Lot
UPMC Shadyside
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
12:35 PM  EDT

Zenna Zdunich, Jenni Taylor, Kelly Taylor, Brittany Williams and Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis stand outside near their rental vehicles, all of them looking somewhat worried.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: She ain’t never had nothin’ like this happen to her before, has she?

Zenna shakes her head.

Zenna Zdunich: No…

Halo nods as Zenna looks to Kelly.

Zenna Zdunich: How are you?

Kelly shrugs.

Kelly Taylor: I’ll live. Won’t be organizing any piss ups if that’s what you’re on about. Li and Lis saw to that as well as Jenni.

Zenna nods both approvingly and encouragingly.

Zenna Zdunich: You can do this, Kelly.

Halo nods her agreement.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Damn tootin’ y’all can do this!

Kelly smiles.

Kelly Taylor: Thank you, both of you.

As the group nods all around, the doors to the building open to admit Seleana Zdunich out to where her wife, Christina had been waiting. Christina quickly hugs her wife who looks like she is still walking in a cloud of disoriented confusion. The two remain in a tight embrace for a minute before they turn and walk over to the rest of their family. 

Zenna Zdunich: Sarabi?

Seleana looks up to her sister.

Seleana Zdunich: Vad hände?

Everyone stands there stunned as Seleana looks pleadingly at her sister.

Seleana Zdunich: Vad gjorde jag?

Zenna sighs and takes a deep breath,

Zenna Zdunich: You do not remember?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: I remember we won and then I wake up here.

Zenna swallows hard and pulls her phone from her pocket. She finds the video and then shows it to Seleana. Seleana watches as she attacks Diamond Caldwell during a match and then looks up in stunned silence, the shock, dismay and fear clearly in her eyes as she looks to Jenni Taylor.

Seleana Zdunich: Your match?

Jenni nods slowly, grimly.

Seleana Zdunich: I…

Seleana looks back to the video and watches it again, shaking her head as she does so.

Seleana Zdunich: När gjorde jag det här? Varför gjorde jag det här?

Christina steps up to her wife’s side.

Christina Zdunich: Babe, do you remember anything after your match?

Seleana watches the video for a third time and then looks up at her wife.

Seleana Zdunich: Varför gjorde jag det här?

Christina Zdunich: English, Babe…

Seleana Zdunich: Why did I do this?

Halo steps forward.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: They didn’t tell y’all nothin’ in there?

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: They said they found things in my system.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: What did they find?

Seleana frowns for a second.

Seleana Zdunich: Methylphenidate…

Christina frowns.

Christina Zdunich: Where have I heard…

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Ritalin…

Zenna, Jenni and Kelly all frown harder than before.

Zenna Zdunich: Ritalin?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: That was one they told me. There was another. They said there was much more of the other.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: What was the other?

Seleana Zdunich: Flun...Flun…

Halo’s eyes go wide in shock and outrage.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Flunitrazepam?

Seleana nods and Halo’s teeth grind in rage.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Motherfucker…

Zenna and Christina both look on, confusion reigning over them.

Christina Zdunich: What is it?

Halo crosses her arms.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Somebody fuckin’ roofied her ass! No wonder she ain’t remember shit, they hit her with Rohypnol!

Jenni and Kelly both gasp while Zenna takes a step back. 

Zenna Zdunich: Rohypnol and Ritalin?

Halo nods, her arms still crossed.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Did they say how close y’all got to overdose?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: They say it take one hundred parts per to do that and I was at seventy-five.

Christina stares at her wife.

Christina Zdunich: Babe, are you saying somebody effectively tried to kill you?

Zenna shakes her head.

Zenna Zdunich: No, but it sounds like whoever did this didn’t really know what they were doing. They mixed a small amount of what’s basically speed with somethin’ that should do the opposite…

Halo shrugs.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Maybe she had one of them paradoxical reactions to it?

Seleana frowns even more.

Seleana Zdunich: A what?

Halo shrugs.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: One of them times a drug is sposed to do one thing and does the opposite for seemin’ly no particular reason. Roofies are notorious for ‘em. It’s why it’s not really a date rape drug as much as everybdy calls it that.

Kelly thinks on this for a second and nods slowly.

Kelly Taylor: Bloody hell…

Zenna nods right along with her.

Zenna Zdunich: If she did have that reaction…

Jenni nods back.

Jenni Taylor: It would explain much.

Seleana stares at her sister’s phone and then sends herself the video.

Seleana Zdunich: I still…

Christina puts her arm around Seleana’s shoulders.

Christina Zdunich: We need to get you home, Babe.

Zenna nods her agreement.

Zenna Zdunich: Ja, we can figure this out later.

Everyone piles into their rental vehicles and heads for the airport and home.

On-Camera

Friday September 4, 2020
Parking Lot
Apartment of Christina and Seleana Zdunich.
Las Vegas, Nevada
6:14 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing by her black Masserati, back to the camera, staring off at the nearby playground equipment where a young girl is walking around, masked, gloves on, taking pictures with a camera. Seleana nods slowly and then turns to face the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: That little girl is helping me get ready for this match this weekend.

She turns and watches the little girl frolicing around.

Seleana Zdunich: She’s been through so much in her young life already, it always makes any problem I have seem small in comparison when I look at her knowing what she has been through and what she will still have to endure moving forward.     

She watches the little girl bounce around, enjoying herself and she nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Det är inte rättvist alls. 

Seleana shakes her head and then turns back to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: That little girl saves me from things that go bad sometimes.

She glances over and smiles as the girl runs over by a tree giggling all the way.

Seleana Zdunich: That is the best sound in the world…

Turning back to the camera, the smile slowly fades from Seleana’s face.

Seleana Zdunich: A week ago, I was standing around in a fog, wondering how I had gotten where I was. I was a triple champion that should have been on Cloud Nine as it were. I had successfully defended my tag team championships with my sister in SCW. I had successfully defended my trios championships with my sister and my wife in WWA and I was coming off a third successful defense of my Bombshell Roulette Championship here in SCW. And yet…

She shakes her head ever so slightly.

Seleana Zdunich: As always, someone tried to start something with my family over my wife and this led to things going poorly. I attacked someone and I have spent the entire week since questioning things… 

Pausing, Seleana points back in the direction of the little girl.

Seleana Zdunich: But every time I started to go down to the edge to fall off, that little girl brought me back and I was finally able to look at this match this week as something to be excited for. Myra Rivers is a woman I should be proud to test myself against. The woman is the SCW Bombshell Television Champion and has proven herself quite capable in a very short amount of time! If that was not enough…

She glances at her car.

Seleana Zdunich: Then looking at this as a contrast will be!     

Her right squeezes into a fist momentarily.

Seleana Zdunich: Myra Rivers is a champion that everyone seems to think deserves to be exactly where she is and possibly should be elevated above it. She is a champion that everyone praises and thinks is the future of this company. She is everything you could want in a champion and she only adds to the legacy of everything involved including her own as she goes.

She looks to the ground and nods pointedly to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Myra Rivers is everything I am not…

Swallowing hard, Seleana shakes her head and exhales heavily. 

Seleana Zdunich: I am the champion that many believe should never have forgotten the chance to become one. Those same people think I should not have won and they thought I’d never defend it even once.

She nods slowly to the ground.

Seleana Zdunich: It is true… that I won the World Bombshell Championship and then lost it in my first defense. It is true that my record in championship matches was not very good to say the least.

Her head snaps up to glare into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: But that never stopped me from continuing to try, to strive to do better and to gain opportunities to try to gain that status again. I never stopped believing in myself no matter what any of you said and in the end, is that not the entire point of this?

She points angrily to the ground.

Seleana Zdunich: You all looked down on me and said I pissed away opportunities but how many of you were able to stop me from getting them in the first place? 

Her hand moves up to point accusingly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: How many stepped up when they were put in front of me to stop me? If my existence was so grotesque and was so objectionable then where were all of you to stop me from going after Alicia Lukas repeatedly?

The finger jabs the air again.

Seleana Zdunich: Where were you to stop me from winning this championship in the first place and where were you from stopping me from keeping it at SummerXXXTreme?

Reaching through the open door into the car’s back seat, she pulls the championship belt out and holds it for the world to see.

Seleana Zdunich: Three times now I have stepped into the ring to defend this under whatever circumstances have been called for and three times now I have walked out of the ring having been the success you said I could never be! 

She nods and places the belt over her shoulder.

Seleana Zdunich: On Sunday, I walk into that ring with you, Myra, and I come to keep doing what I have been doing since I was given the opportunity. I will continue to prove all of those people wrong. I will walk out of the fog and I will prove that we are both champions in good standing and I will prove that I am here to stay just as much as you are!

She slaps the belt on her shoulder.

Seleana Zdunich: I am Seleana Zdunich, the SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion and there is nothing any of you can do about it except accept it and like it! And if you don’t…

She nods to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I will simply have to make a believer out of you as well!

A small smile creeps across her face.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m keen, are you?