Author Topic: Monkey on my back  (Read 509 times)

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Monkey on my back
« on: September 04, 2020, 09:36:33 PM »
Family Matters
New York City
Last Year

It had been a few weeks since Amy walked back into his life. After a month of wondering if you should even call her back or go and see her Austin had realised how much she missed her. So he made the long trip, he went to meet Amy with a smile on his face realising that family was everything. But as Austin arrived he felt something was wrong. Something was weighing heavily on his mind. And then he saw her. At first Amy just looked as he had remembered.

Her long brown hair was tied back away from her face. She had a bright smile plastered on her lips when she saw her younger, but much larger brother. After finding out that the father was not only still alive, but living under an assumed name in upstate New York Amy had become distant and left. Only to return heavily pregnant. Austin had been shocked to say the least. But he didn’t ask any questions he was just happy to have his older sister back.

But they were questions, questions that needed answers.

Austin refused to let his sister stay in the hotel she had been in for the weeks as she had waited for Austin to get into contact. He paid her room, he packed her bags, and he brought Amy home. To his home. The large apartment that he shared with his wife Lisa, and his two young children. It was a happy homecoming. Lisa was thrilled to have her sister-in-law back in her life the two of them becoming very close before Amy had disappeared.

And this was also the first time that Amy got to meet her niece, and her nephew was old enough that now he would remember her.

But now, after a few weeks of Amy being back with appointments to see doctors, appointments to go and make sure she and her child was healthy Austin had come to the conclusion that it was time to ask those questions. It had always weighed on his mind, Amy’s past. Being locked in a mental hospital, being told that she was crazy, told that she was dangerous, all that based on a lie. I lie that their own father had believed.

It seemed like a lifetime ago. Austin had found out that Amy was alive, he had made the trip to Briercliff, found where she was and talked to her, and then got her out of there.

Over the next five years Amy would get better, she would learn how to be out in the world again find how to be herself. She had made amazing leaps and bounds in who she was in her own identity. Her mental state slowly repairing itself through a lot of hard work with therapy and love from her brother and eventually her father. Then it was time for her to go on her own and find her way in the world only returning after she thought that her father had passed away. Only to find out that he was still alive causing her to disappear once again until a few months ago.

And that had led to Austin standing there, outside Amy’s room his hand on the door knob.

Austin took a long drawn out breath, he opened the door and stepped in. Amy looked up and smiled at him, Austin smiled back closing the door behind him has he moved around the room and sat down next to the bed Amy sitting up reading a book “hey Aus”

Austin swallowed hard and smiled clearing his throat with a lot on his mind. “So, I’ve put this off but...we need to talk.” Amy slowly closed her book with a sigh, she reached over setting it down on her bedside table her hands class being together and sitting in her lap as she turned all of her attention to her younger brother.

Austin had protected her since he got her out of that hospital, he had always been there, he had always been understanding and help her with everything. But it is hard to undo over a decade of being told that you’re crazy. “I thought so….I haven’t exactly been forthcoming.” Her voice was confident and sure Austin took a deep breath, relaxing himself as he could see that Amy was ready to talk. He had chosen the right time.

Austin’s arms folded over his chest as he sat back his hair tied away from his face and a small boy screen now on his lips. “Where did you go? After talking to Dad?” It was the obvious question. Starting off with one of the two major ones that he needed an answer for. Amy gave a small shrug

“I went back to California. I worked. I stayed with my boyfriend..” Her voice trialed off. Austin noticed it, his eyebrow twitching.

Amy swallowed hard clearly knowing that she gave away too much. “Is he the father?.” Amy gave a slow not clearly having some pain behind this. Everything inside Austin told him not to push. Based off of her past. But he needed to know, he needed to find out what was going on. “Where is he Amy?” There was silence, Amy’s brown eyes Trail down from Austin to her hands as they seem to fumble around. She swallowed hard, her eyes welling up in tears before she slowly turned back to her brother. Her voice now a whisper

“He’s gone Aus…..he’s gone….”

Austin slowly reached out his hand moving down her back to try and calm her. He wanted to know more, he needed to know more but that was enough for now. That was enough for today.

Monkey on my back.

Austin’s nostrils flared. His piercing brown eyes stared forward as he was clearly angry. All of this had been stewing in Austin’s mind for weeks.

“I’ve had a lot of time to think since summer xxxtreme. Following my match against Vinnie, I went home, I talked to my wife, I talked to Alex, and I’ve come to certain conclusions about my career and my time in sin city wrestling. See, from a personal standpoint I’m disappointed. And I should be. I lost one man who took my world championship, and as well champion instead of staying up to the same standard that I had set. That Fenris headset. He failed. He dropped the ball.”

“A ball that Ben Jordan picked up and ran with. In fact Ben didn’t just pick up the ball and run with it, Ben took that ball and ran straight into the Endzone for a touchdown to win the game. Then Jordan became a champion that everyone should aspire to be. And I was happy to see it. His rain was ended by Griffin Hawkins, and then, Alex happened.”

“I could say I told you so“

“Alex said time and time again that he took a step back from the spotlight so people like myself and Alicia could shine. So many of you doubted him, even after I came out and confirmed what he said. So I should be happy right now from a professional standpoint because even though I’m no longer world champion or Internet champion Wolfslair remains at the top. I was considering taking time off, but after talking to my wife I realise that I need to be there for my teammates. I need to support Alex like he supported me.”

Austin gets to his feet, his towering physique on show from the camera angle. His upper body covered in a long sleeve black and red Wolfslair shirt

“It might not be popular, Alex being the champion. Some people think of him is opportunistic, some even say that he didn’t earn his shot at Griffin. Some seem to think I would’ve been a better choice. But the truth is, Alex earned this. But someone who doesn’t own things is the man who took my Internet championship. He took my world title and made it nothing, he took my Internet championship and lost it the first show back, in his first offence, so I spent six months building up a championship making it means something, making it a prize, all to be on done by one man because he’s nothing but a selfish little bitch”

“I sat at home and I reevaluated my career. And even though my schedule will probably be a lot lighter now, I’m willing to go into any division that they need me in and slowly build myself back up to where I need to be. I’m not asking for a rematch my Internet championship, I’m not gonna go begging for a title shot against Alex, I’m not even gonna go for the roulette title. I am just going to face whoever sin city wrestling puts me against and I’m going to do my best to remind the world that Austin James Mercer is one of the greatest professional wrestlers on this planet.”

Austin laughed to himself his eyebrows raising as he let out a small scoff

“Just in time to make my decision too as my entire team got booked in a match against a team who many believe will be the next mixed tag team champions. The second that match got announced Alex called us all together and we had a discussion on who should face the black sheep. Johanna  and I both volunteered at the same time. And many people have asked why did we tell Kristopher Ryan’s and Mikah who they were facing?.”

“”It would’ve been an advantage to not tell them. So they wouldn’t be able to prepare for who they were facing. They would’ve just had to wait. It’s a cheap trick used by people who like to use the free bird rule as a crutch. Like the Trenton Tigers. But we don’t need to do that, we don’t need cheap tricks. Because we’re professionals. So yes we gave up an advantage, because we don’t need it.”

“The black sheep are an incredible team, they have an amazing lineage and past in Sin city wrestling. And since returning they looked great. Aside from one or two missteps by Kristopher he has been every bit the former world champion as you would expect.”

“And that gets me excited.“

Austin steps forward his eyes burning.

“Mikah and Johanna going toe to toe should get people’s juices flowing. Johanna is a beast, and a Mikah is a legend. But the thought of Christopher Ryan’s going Toe2Toe with Austin James Mercer, that should be looked at as a main event were the match. Christopher was one of the best in this company, a man who held the world title with honour and respect. He carried himself as a champion with dignity.”

“If not a slightly arrogant one.“

“Now , I know that Kris isn’t stupid enough to disregard what is happened while he was gone, but let me just remind him and everyone else what I have done. Honor wrestling and sin city wrestling merged, I came in and took the honor championship, I got robbed of that before working my way back up to the top to beat a man who had dominated everyone and everything. Fenris had been the man to beat in this company and everyone had failed until I stepped up“

“I stayed at the top being one of the best champions this company ever had, I then went and made the Internet championship a prize and something that should be sought after. I am a 6‘6 265 pound wrestling prodigy and I will work my way back up to the top. And it will all start with a win over a former world champion…”
>