Author Topic: Brother David vs Mz Holly Wood  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Donna Beauchamp

• View Profile
    • Donna Beauchamp
Brother David vs Mz Holly Wood
« on: July 21, 2020, 06:11:18 AM »
 SCU TV Championship Promo Thread. Post all role plays for this match here. Deadline is the same as SCW's deadline for Summer XXXTreme.

Limits: 1 RP per week, min of 750 words, max word count is 1,500.

Good luck!

Offline Staggs

• -={NXT}=-
    • View Profile
    • Spike Staggs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »

“Pressure. Anxiety. Fear. Senseless! What for? I am on top of the world here. Well, I am the SCU Television Champion, and to me, that is being on top of the world. I love being able to go out there in front of my fellow SCU and SCW stars to defend the title. It’s a great thing. So why am I feeling like I’m on edge so much lately?  Is it GRIME?  Is it the pandemic?  The general state of the world?  I don’t know. I’ve spent the last week with ginger beer and tums in my hands at all times. I’m a wreck.”

\'user

We come in to see Alex Jeffreys, the alter ego of Mz Holly Wood, lying in bed as the sun comes through the porthole in the wall, shining on his doe-like eyes.  As he stated, there are empty bottles of ginger beer on her nightstand, and an opened bottle in his hands.  He takes a sip from the bottle as his phone rings.

Alex:  That’s the good thing about no sail orders… reception…

He takes a deep breath and looks down at his phone.  It reads “Dr. Dayton”.  He fans his face and nods before answering it.

Alex:  Hello?

Doctor:  Alex, how are you?

There is a nervous laugh that escapes Alex’s throat.  He sits up in the bed and continues to nod as if the doctor can see him.

Alex:  Good, good. You know, just feeling like I’m on the edge of a nervous breakdown. Couldn’t be better.

Doctor:  Alex?  What did we say about using sarcasm?

Alex:  It’s an unhealthy way of compartmentalizing and covering up the issues…

There is a brief pause and an “mmm-hmm” sound that comes through the speaker.

Doctor:  Coping mechanisms can be great as long as they help you deal with what is going on.

Alex:  But, what if you don’t know what’s going on? What if everything in the world says “You should be fine? You’ve got a job, a roof over your head, a car, friends who care about you, fans…” What could be wrong?

Doctor:  People want what they don’t have. It’s natural to discount that which causes anxiety in someone. Our anxiety is just that; our own. While it is a reaction from our reptilian brains that has no real place in today’s society, it is natural.  It is meant to save us from danger, but we don’t have to worry about larger creatures snatching us up and eating us. We don’t need to worry about rocks falling downhill and crushing us, under normal circumstances. With your past, and the way your brain is wired, it is only natural to have these feelings.  You just have to combat nature.

Alex closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.  Nodding again, he laughs nervously again.

Alex:  You sound like the conversion therapist my mama sent me to when I was twelve. Fight nature and pray the gay away. Hallelujah and all that jazz.

Doctor:  You know that’s a stretch, and an attempt at changing the subject, Miss Thang.  You have an opportunity here, and you’re afraid of herstory repeating herself.  Not only did you lose the very title belt you hold, not that long ago, followed by getting injured… you expressed many times in the past that you choked in your initial attempt at becoming the SCW Roulette Champion back in 2014. You have so much pressure on your shoulders, and that is why you’re feeling this way right now. You just need to level out.  Have you been taking your meds as prescribed?

Alex:  Yes I have. I think they’re not working though.

The doctor pauses and Alex walks over to the vanity and flips on the lights.  He looks down at the Television Championship belt.  He opens up his makeup case and begins setting things where they go.

Doctor:  You’re just stressed out.  That’s natural.  I can adjust your PRN script, but within the next week, you really should go back to your normal dose.  Hopefully it can help you to live in the moment.  Have you tried painting up and putting her on?  You seem to draw a lot of confidence when you’re wearing her.

Alex:  The idea just crossed my mind. I’m going to try it.

Doctor:  I’ll send the script through to the pharmacy, and you let me know if it helps.  And contact your therapist.

Alex:  Thanks Dr. Dayton. I appreciate it. I didn’t want to have to take it at all, but… issa thing.

As they say their goodbyes, Alex begins gluing back his boy brows.  He then applies the foundation as he looks in the mirror at the work in progress.

Alex:  You don’t have to be nervous.  It’s not like you never fought Brother David before. Plus, it’s Brother David.  Drool.  Yum. I would eat. Him. UP! Those closet cases who repress themselves can be spotted from a mile away, and that one?  Yeah. He’s going to be a blast in the ring.

Alex continues to paint up his face, adding on the lashes.  He blinks as he continues working with them.

Alex:  You wouldn’t believe what I have overcome in my life, in my career, in Sin City as a whole. I’ve fought some of the best.  And they went down like a sack of sexy potatoes. I can guarantee that I won’t go down… in the match anyway.  Heyyyyy!

Alex cracks a smirk against her own will.  He pulls a cap over his head as he continues tidying up the corners.  He purses his lips together for a second before popping them.

Alex:  Brother David.  This is your chance to prove your worth to your unforgiving father. To prove that you wasn’t the weakest link all along.  Your useless sister, who wised up and left your church, she even won a title. It’s just too bad she went over to GRIME. But that’s great for you.  You got the chance to not be the disappointment in the family.  Only because Virginia isn’t related to you, and your mother gets a win now and then.  Your father is a tough customer, except when a rhinoceros is in the room.

Alex winks.

Alex:  You have so much to prove, and that makes you dangerous.  See, Alex doesn’t like uncertainty.  He finds it nerve wracking and he ain’t got time for that.  Luckily, Alex ain’t the SCU Television Champion… @@

Alex puts on the lipstick.  He puckers his lips together, popping them with the gloss.  He turns away from the mirror and pulls a wig off of a mannequin.  He pulls it on and turns around.

\'user

Holly:  Because ya girl Mz. Holly Wood is the champ, baby.  Holly has seen adversity.  She has looked the haters and the bigots in the face.  She will snatch ya wig with a smile on her face because, henny… she fierce.  She is snatched for the gawwwwwds!  And she refuses to be intimidated.  Not by GRIME.  Not by The Good Shepherds.  Not by anybody.  You don’t get to be the TV Champion by backing down, cowering, and failing.  And when I fall, you know she get right back up and take back what’s hers.  You’re welcome, Shooter.  Heh heh, fuck you.  And Brother David?  Fuck me…

Holly stands up and bends slightly.  She shakes her backside in her boy clothes and then flips her hair blowing a glittery kiss at the camera.

Holly:  Sunday, August 2nd is Summer XXXTreme XIII.  It is the night after the Mayhem Survival. Do yourself a favor and eliminate yourself, B.B. Just run inside of the ring when your number is up, and then jump over the top rope.  Why?  Because Mz Wood is gonna serve it on Sunday.  She’s gonna bring her A game.  And even her B game is too much for you, Davey.  Step that mussy up when you get ready to come down to the ring for this.  You have been served…

Holly winks and there is a confidence in her steps that was not there when she was Alex.  She walks over to the wardrobe and throws it open to reveal a hundred beautiful outfits.  She begins looking through them to find that one lewwwk she is feeling as we fade out.

Offline The Good Shepherds

• View Profile
    • Gerald Shepherd
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »
 “A wicked person earns deceptive wages, but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward"  - Proverbs 11:18

\'user

We enter the inner chambers of The Good Shepherd’s suite on the Sun Princess cruise liner.  Father Gerald and Mother Mavis are out, preparing a sermon for the arriving guests of the ship.  David has opted to stay behind and gather his thoughts.  This comes across as sitting at a desk with his arms laid out across the top of it and his eyes narrowed as he stares off at something that appears to make him angry.

Ginny walks through the area and throws open the curtains to reveal a view of the decks.  She grunts as she goes over to the desk and sits on it, smoothing out her Sunday best.  She waits for any kind of response from David but she is not given that courtesy so she lets what is on her mind flow out.

Virginia:  Why are you sitting here in the dark, looking like someone done trampled over your spirit?

David doesn’t move. He continues to look forward silently.  Ginny waits and waits for an answer, but one doesn’t come.  She then leans in closer.

Virginia:  Honey? What’s going on with you lately? I can understand staying quiet with your parents, but I’m your future wife and I deserve to know what’s going on with you.  I’m here for you, but you gotta talk to me.

David:  No, I don’t. I don’t have to explain myself to anyone but the man upstairs.

Ginny growls at this but tries to keep herself calm.  She puts her hand on David’s shoulder but he shakes it off and stands up.

Virginia:  David, what in God’s name is going on here? We’re a family and we need to work things out before they get out of control.  It is what God wants, David.

David jumps out of his chair and looks right at Ginny.  He glares silently for a minute and Ginny practically challenges him.

David:  What in Heaven are you talking about?  My father diminishing my accomplishments because he’s upset that he didn’t get the opportunity to enter the Mayhem Survival? Or the opportunity to take the SCU Television Championship from the heathen, Holly Wood?  He’s jealous and he’s taking it out on me.  That’s NOT what God would want for this family.

Virginia:  But-

David’s eyes open up wide as he challenges her, but he doesn’t give the opportunity for her to speak.

David:  “But” nothing!  There’s nothing besides his own pride and greed that is getting in the way of our true mission.  He has his sins.  All of His holiest creations do.  But when I sin, I get lashings. I get told I’m going to hell.  I am humiliated in front of the church.  What happens when he sins?  God is loving!  God is forgiving!  He understands and provides mercy!  What a great fucking God he is suddenly!

Ginny gasps.

Virginia:  David!

David:  That’s my name.  Do not wear it out!

David storms out of the room and out onto the deck.  He seems to be on a mission which he doesn’t even seem to know where that mission will lead.  He comes to a door and stops, knocking without even thinking about it.  He taps his foot, the reality sinking in as he starts to turn away.  However, the door opens and Andrey Azarov of GRIME answers the door.  He grins widely and steps to the side.

Esther:  Babe!  Who is it?

David straightens out his dress shirt and walks into the room.  It’s just as nice as the one he was just in, but with a smoky aura in the room.  He looks around and then to the couch where Esther is seated.  Her hands are wrapped up around the palms, but a cigarette sits between her fingers.  She giggles as she sees David standing there.

David:  Hey, sis.

Esther jumps up from her seat and wraps her arms around David, hugging onto him for a long time.  She finally breaks the hug and steps back, keeping her hands on David’s arms as she looks up at him with a big smile.

Esther:  Did you finally come to your senses about joining GRIME?  I will give you a glowing recommendation, and-

David:  No.  I- I came to check on you.  See how you were doing. I- I missed you, but this was probably a bad idea.

Esther shrugs as she walks back over to the couch.  She sits down and crosses her legs as she flicks her cigarette ashes into the ashtray.  David reluctantly walks over and sits down on the couch.

David:  Please tell me that you’re still praying every night.  You can abandon everything else, but not that.

Esther:  I say “Oh God” multiple times every night thanks to Andrey.  And clearly Vixen took me to church at Into the Void.

Esther waves her hands up so David can see the obvious.  He nods and takes a deep breath, sighing in disappointment.

David:  You made your point. Forget mom and dad.  You have to do what is right for your soul.  You have an eternity of an afterlife to look out for.  Just keep that in mind.

Esther:  Thanks for the advice, Brother.  But instead of worrying about my afterlife, why don’t you focus on what’s right in front of you with Holly Wood and that TV title?  That’s something you actually stand a chance of saving.

David and Esther share a smile of recognition, bonding just like the olden days.  She puts her cigarette out and uncrosses her legs to lean forward.

David:  I already know I will represent SCU’s Television Division much better than a man that dresses as a woman, flaunting his sexuality like a badge of honor.

Esther:  Just like you wish you could do instead of being tethered to that awful, plain, father fucking, slut for Christ.  You can be yourself. I feel like if there truly is a God, then he would want you to do that. And if not, then fuck him.  Live YOUR truth and you might find that stick sliding out of your ass.

David:  I am not gay.

Esther watches as David looks away from her, giving her the exact opposite impression.

David:  I just don’t want to have him rubbing his body all over me, taunting me, and making a mockery of my beliefs.  All while the fans laugh at me and cheer for him.  I try to save his eternal soul, and I’m the bad guy?  That’s backwards.  But also, that’s fine.  When I walk out of Summer X-Treme, because I refuse to acknowledge the other two “X”s, with the Television Championship, then I can stand in his glory.  And Father will be forced to humble himself and acknowledge me as a credible member of The Good Shepherds.

Esther rolls her eyes and tunes out while David makes his speech.  Andrey just watches silently with a smile on his face.  David is ready to continue when Esther stands up and yawns in an exaggerated manner.

Esther:  Well, it’s already- 5pm, wow, I really should get some shut eye.  But you know where I’m at if you are able to open your eyes.

David looks a little shocked.

David:  Early to bed, early to rise to do His work, I suppose.  I will be in touch.

They embrace as Andrey comes up behind and joins a group hug.  David pauses and looks back as Andrey nuzzles in close.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:55:48 PM by The Good Shepherds »