Author Topic: Superstar Roulette Championship  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Superstar Roulette Championship
« on: July 19, 2020, 01:09:52 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: 1 RP per week, 10,000 words max.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 04:04:06 PM »
 >

Stephen Callaway sits on the edge of a swimming pool in his ring shorts with his bare feet in the water. He waves at the camera as the scene opens.

Stephen Callaway
"Ah hello! You join me at a tense moment in the studio. You see I've been put into a match where the goal, partly, is to chuck your opponent into the pool.

I can't swim.

Granted it's a swimming pool and I'm six foot something. I can easily stand up and I should be fine. But if I'm in this hotel going nowhere I figured it's a good enough time to learn so I've come here to the swimming pool here at The Saxon to do so. Safe than sorry and all that."

He puts his hand in the pool and slaps some water at the camera.

Stephen Callaway
"But this isn't my biggest problem.

The Roulette Title.  

I've fought for that before. I fought for it in my hometown. A mile from my house. A ten minute car journey from my home with my family and friends in attendance.

Damn near five months ago. Feels like years. Feels like a lifetime ago.

Back then all I hear, and I'll be honest I've heard it every now and again since, was 'he doesn't deserve the title shot, he was handed that be didn't earn it' and 'he only got that because he's the hometown lad'

And you know what? I probably did.

But it wasn't me that made the decision. It was management. I'd have been happy enough in the opener with some random talent. Management were the ones that decided that putting me in the main event for the Roulette Title was a smart business decision. It helped increase ticket sales, merch sales and ratings. From a business standpoint, Sin City Wrestling would have been stupid not to.

And now I have another match for the Roulette Title, this time at Summer XXX-treme.

Do I deserve the match?

Did I earn my place in the match?

Do I care either way?

Let me answer that last question first. No. No, I don't care. I don't give a flip flop and fly if I deserve the match or not. I don't.

All I care about is that I've been put into it.

If you want to bitch to someone like the whiny marks you are, bitch to management. They did this. Not me. Not Stephen Callaway.

I'm in the match. That's when I start earning.

If I want to win that title then I need to fight for it. Doesn't matter if I earned my place or if I was handed it. If I want it then I have to fight. Lachlan Kane and O'Malley aren't just going to try for an 8.3 and dive onto the pool. The defending champion, Kedron Williams sure as hell isn't going to back down.

So I need to fight, I need to climb and I need to crow.

Hold on. No wait... that's Hook. But the point still stands.

You see I could sit here and talk about how I'm here until the end of a flight ban. I could very easily sit back and coast my way through the foreseeable. But that would be an insult to me and everything I stand for.

I look at it as: I am here in Sin City Wrestling. I don't know how long but given masks, infection rates and rising curves, I'm guessing it might be a while.

While I'm here, I want to be the best that I can be.

That means competing on Climax Control as often as I can. Competing on pay per views as often as I can. If that means competing in multi person matches to be a one day only guest GM then I'll do that.

A while back I said that I wanted to compete for the Sin City championship at December to Dismember 2020. I saw it as a long term goal. I gave myself a year to get there.

Then, when I handed in my notice, I figured I prolly won't be at December To Dismember 2020. However, I'm still here. With five months of 2020 to go I might still be here

So I need to climb up and grab that Roulette Title. I need to avoid the water and grip the metal structure like my life depends on it. If I can win the Roulette Title at Summer XXX-treme then that points me in a good direction where I COULD be facing the Sin City Champion at December To Dismember.

Right now, one way or another, win or lose, come Summer XX-treme I could make a really big splash"

He slides into the water. There's a beat before his hand reaches out and grabs his armbands from the edge of the pool.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:30:24 PM by Christian Underwood »

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 06:48:13 PM »

Ultimate X- Ultimate Surprise: Part 1

I’ve been in SCU and SCW to understand that not only am I not well liked or respected, but neither is me love, Darcy. I know she comes across as controlling, and tends to get involved in me matches a lot- or she used to until I asked her to stop. But, there’s a lot more to our story than people know or understand. I know it going into this match at Summer XXXtreme it doesn’t really matter and has nothin’ to do with it, but if I’m gonna stand a chance at becomin’ a double champion, I need to clear the air. If I’m gonna fight fer people to start respectin’ me and takin’ me seriously, that means I need to tell our whole story so maybe ye’ll all understand where I’m comin’ from. And maybe ye’ll understand Darcy just a little bit better.

Our relationship hasn’t been the easiest, and most of it is all me fault, actually. I’ve always loved Darcy, but when Misty came into me life...well, that situation was more complicated than I can understand to this day. Misty and I...we were meant to be together, even if our time was cut short. We never would have had Owen if we’d never met, and I can’t ever say I regret me boy comin’ into this world. Plus, if it weren’t fer Misty, I never would have once considered getting involved with this wrestling business. The universe works in mysterious ways, don’t it?

But in the process of all of that...I’ve turned Darcy into the version ye all see today. She wasn’t always like this. And if I have anything to do with it, she won’t always be that way, either. But I’m not gonna do what so many people expect me to do, and just walk away from her. She’s the love of me life, and I’m not gonna hurt her ever again. She’d do anything to protect me, and I’ll do anything to protect her. That’s somethin’ that at least two out of three of me opponents can understand. Kedron and Lachlan are both happily married fellas. Not so sure about Stephen Callaway, but ye get me point.

Darcy wants to see me succeed just as much I’m fightin’ to be successful. I know she gets out of hand sometimes and takes it too far. I know me opponents will keep using it against me and everyone will keep using that as the reason why I don’t deserve to be a champion. But let me tell ye all right now, that Darcy makes her own decisions. She doesn’t interfere because I’ve asked her to. Because I’ve specifically asked her to stop on numerous occasions. And yeah, I get pissed off every time she does it, because I want people to understand that this legacy I’m tryin’ to build fer meself? It’s my own. And I can do it on me own without any help from me woman.

But...I’m tryna get Darcy to understand that, too. And it’s gettin’ harder and harder fer me to get the message across to her. I didn’t want to give her an ultimatum, but after me match against Brandon Sludge...well, I had no other choice…

SCENE ONE:
Sunday July 19th
Another Day- Another Fight
**OFF CAMERA**

A very exhausted O’Malley is fuming in the locker rooms backstage. His forehead is covered in sweat after a hard fought match against Brandon Sludge, and despite walking away with the win, his mood has once again turned sour. Darcy is standing back, giving him some space as he grabs a towel from his duffel bag and wipes his forehead. He throws it down back into his bag before he turns around and plops down on the chair and starts to unlace his boots.

Darcy: You’re….you’re upset with me, aren’t you?

O’Malley glares up at her without saying a word. He then looks away and continues unlacing his boots furiously. Darcy throws her arms in the air and steps forward.

Darcy: Look, I wasn’t trying to interfere! I was trying to make the referee see sense! He made a terrible call, and you know it.

O’Malley rolls his eyes. He takes his boot off his left foot and drops it on the floor next to him as he looks at Darcy, not exactly agreeing with her.

O’Malley: I don’t care what ye were tryna do, love. I’ve asked ye how many times now to quit gettin’ involved. Ye promised me, and yet ye still went and got involved again! I’m sick of fightin’ with ye, love, but when ye go and keep pissin’ me off like that…

Darcy: Yeah and you asked me to stop as part of a deal. You haven’t lived up to your end of the deal, so why should I? Frankly, I think having to make any sort of deal with you is ridiculous. We’re supposed to be a team.

O’Malley: What the hell is that supposed to mean?

He kicks off his other boot and with his palms on his knees, he stares at Darcy. She stands a few feet in front of him with her arms folded.

Darcy: It means, why should I have to agree to anything for you to agree to have a child with me? Do you know what people are going to think about that? It’s like I’m forcing you to do something you don’t want to do! Do you know how that makes me feel?

O’Malley: Christ, here we go again. Why do ye have a bad case of baby fever all of a sudden?! I never said I didn’t want to have a kid with you, Darc. I’m just tryna make you understand that now is not the time fer either of us to be thinkin’ about another kid!

Darcy shakes her head.

Darcy: Another kid for you, O’Malley. But not me. I’m not getting any younger, you know. And the older I get, the harder it could be for me to conceive! I understand that you want to continue being active on both brands, and I support that. But that’s no reason that we can’t try to have a baby. Besides, if I get pregnant, there’s not a chance that I would risk being a ringside during your matches.

O’Malley: How can ye say that it would just be another kid fer me and not ye? When I get Owen back in me life, he’ll be a part of yer’s, too. I can’t a full schedule on two brands with a five year old and a baby. Ye think ye could do that?

Darcy looks away. She lets out a sigh.

Darcy: You say that like his grandparents are even going to let you see him, much less have you be a part of his life, anytime soon. If ever. I know he’s your son, but…

O’Malley: But what? What the hell are ye tryna say, love?

Darcy bites her bottom lip and shakes her head. She refuses to say what she is thinking, though O’Malley has a good idea.

O’Malley: Ye think I should give up, don’t ye? Ye think I should just go on and let Owen grow up without me in his life?!

Darcy: That’s NOT

O’Malley: Then what the feck is it?!

Darcy: I just don’t think we need to put our life on hold while your dead wife’s family practically keeps your son hostage! And you honestly think they’ll be able to accept ME being a part of his life, either? You’re fooling yourself. I’m just trying to make you understand that, because I really don’t think you’re going to get Owen back as quickly as you think you are.

O’Malley’s nostrils flare. And for the first time, he looks genuinely pissed off at Darcy. He stands up and steps closer to her.

O’Malley: I don’t care how long it takes, Darc. I WILL get me son back. And if ye can’t accept that, then no...the two of us will never have kids. And not only that, but if ye can’t accept that I don’t want or need yer help in me matches, ye might as well keep yer arse backstage, because I’m sick of having to defend yer actions to everyone who thinks I can’t win a match without yer help.

His words sting, and Darcy takes a step back. She looks heartbroken, and her arms drop to her sides.

Darcy: What is happening to us, O’Malley?

O’Malley shakes his head looks her dead in the eyes.

O’Malley: Not us, love. You. What’s happening to you?

Darcy’s jaw drops, and she goes speechless. O’Malley blinks and as an awkward silence falls between them, Darcy shakes her head. She turns and grabs her own bag before she spins around and rushes out of the room. O’Malley stands there, still furious for a moment. But the gravity of the words he had just spoken to her, and how much they must have hurt, hits him a few seconds later. He backs up and sinks back into his chair, burying his head in his hands.

Later that night…

After the show had ended, instead of sticking around until the end of Underground, O’Malley had headed back to the hotel early. He hadn’t spoken to Darcy since she stormed out of the locker room earlier, and no doubt she’d be in no mood to speak to him once he got back to their room. He had been immediately sorry for how his words had come across when he had spoken then, but knowing Darcy, she’d be brooding for days and give him the silent treatment.

He wasn’t ready to face her yet, though. He needed some time to think things through and choose his words carefully, because he couldn’t handle upsetting her further or pissing her off more than she already was. He had two weeks to fix things, but he was hoping it would be sooner. But damned if the whole situation put him through the ringer and was added stress he didn’t need.

This might come as a surprise to most if they were to find out, considering O’Malley is a full-blooded Irishman, but it had been almost two years since he’d had any liquor more potent than a pint of beer. Even consuming a beer had become fewer and far between. He didn’t consider himself an alcoholic, but after Misty had died, he had turned to alcohol more than he liked to admit. More than he had before. And he hadn’t had the urge since finally getting over his grief.

Tonight, something was different. He felt the urge to have a glass of whiskey, so before he headed back to his room to see Darcy, he headed up to the Saxon Hotel’s rooftop bar. As luck would have it, there wasn’t anyone around when he walked up to the bar and greeted the night’s bartender, asking for the best whiskey they had to offer. Screw the cheap stuff. The bartender nodded and walked away to find exactly what O’Malley was asking for.

He set the empty glass down in front of O’Malley and poured the whiskey directly in front of him. O’Malley watched as the amber liquid went into the glass, and he could taste it even before he took a drink. But, he didn’t take that first drink right away. He wanted to, but the hesitation was strong. He just sat there and stared at the whiskey, swirling it around in the glass for what seemed like hours.

“What’s the matter? Afraid your master will be displeased if you have a drink?”

O’Malley knew that Australian accent and attitude even before he turned around. Fellow GO Gym graduate and current World Bombshell Champion, Evie Jordan, walks up to the bar, taking a seat six feet to his right. Social distancing, remember? O’Malley turned his head slowly and glared at her. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes before turning his gaze back to his glass of whiskey.

O’Malley: Evie. Always a pleasure…

Not really, he thought. Her attitude was worse than Darcy’s at times, and yet everyone seemed to hate Darcy with a passion. Evie laughed and rolled her eyes as the bartender set a drink in front of her, without Evie having to ask.

Evie: The feeling isn’t mutual, I can assure you. If Simon here hadn’t brought me my favorite drink, I’d just turn around and leave. And it would be such a shame to waste it.

O’Malley looks at the bartender and raises an eyebrow.

O’Malley: Ye two are on a first name basis, huh? What does that say about yer drinking habits, Mrs. Jordan?

O’Malley cracked a smile. Before Evie can respond, Simon speaks up, and it’s clear just why the two were friendly.

Simon: Aussies stick together, mate. And she’s not here as much as you might think.

His thick Australian accent made it all make sense. O’Malley just nodded and let out a laugh, still not drinking his whiskey.

Evie: My God, you’re one miserable bastard, you know that? You have the nerve to all but accuse me of having a drinking problem, yet you’re the one staring at that whiskey like you’re about to make a mistake. And glad to see you haven’t forgotten my last name. Sort of like I haven’t and won’t forget, what you did to my husband to win that championship you’ve been carrying around the last month. You’re pathetic.

Evie takes a drink from her glass and shakes her head. It’s clear once she finishes her drink, she’d hightail it away from the bar and O’Malley, because she’d rather be anywhere but near him at this point. O’Malley sets the glass down and turns his bar stool to face her.

O’Malley: Last I checked, that husband of yers was doin’ just fine fer himself and the smack to the head compliments of me briefcase did nothing but damage his ego. How Saint Ben married a frigid bitch like ye still baffles me.

Evie chuckles, unphased by his attempt at an insult.

Evie: Funny how you call me a frigid bitch, yet have you seen the woman you’re with? It’s a shame Misty’s not around anymore. I liked you better when you weren’t being dragged and ordered around like a dog. You know, out of all of us that have come out of the GO Gym, you have got to be the biggest disap—

O’Malley: Oh shut the hell up, Evie! I’m a disappointment. Yeah, I get that. But sit there and disrespect the woman I’m with, when she’s got nothin’ to do with any of this.

Evie laughs again.

Evie: I call bullshit. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that she’s the one who gave you the idea to cash in that briefcase like you did. And if she were here right now, I’d make Victoria Thorn look like a walk in the park. I’m just wondering how she’s going to help you win that Roulette title at Summer XXXtreme, because if Rinoa and Sierra are at ringside? Well...Darcy better watch her back.

O’Malley: I made the feckin’ choice to do what I did to Ben. It wasn’t Darcy, alright?! And she’s not gonna help me anymore, so ye can just shut the hell up. Why don’t ye finish yer drink and just run along like ye want.

Evie: Oh, sure. She’s not going to help you anymore, but she certainly tried tonight, didn’t she? Why are you even in this business, huh? If you can’t win matches without your woman interfering for you, you’re in the wrong line of work. I’d say you’re making the GO Gym look back, but you’re really not. You’re just making yourself look bad.

The urge to down the glass of whiskey was even stronger than it was earlier, because he knew what she was saying was true. Out of the entire group of GO Gym graduates, he looked the worst. Even though he was a champion, he knew that didn’t matter. Not when he used underhanded tactics to win the title in the first place. This match for the Roulette Championship was his chance to make up for that. To prove he could win a title on his own.

O’Malley: Ye know, it’s really nice to know that even me fellow GO Gym members don’t have me back and support me decisions. If the tables were turned, I wouldn’t question yer judgement.

Evie: Well the tables aren’t turned, and they won’t be. Because I wouldn’t use a bitch move like you did to win a championship. I did it all on my own. More than once, actually. And not only that, you attacked the husband of your fellow GO Gym member, so hypocrite much?

Evie finishes her drink and pushes her stool away from the bar. She throws some cash on the counter and turns back to O’Malley.

Evie: And don’t think Ben has forgotten about that, either. Sooner or later, he’ll get back at you and I’ll enjoy watching it, too. Enjoy your whiskey. I’d need to get plastered, too, if I had to go back to your master every night.

Evie grins before she turns and walks away. O’Malley frowns as he looks back to the glass of whiskey. For as long as it took him to fight the urge to drink it, in a split second it was gone. He grabbed the glass and tossed it back before signaling Simon for another.

Stephen Callaway. Color me surprised that they put ye in this match, considering yer attitude and your admitted plans should ye win a title in SCW. Kinda ballsy on yer part don’t ye think? Whether or not it’s ballsy, doesn’t erase the fact that I’m not about to let ye walk out as the Roulette Champ and then just give SCW the middle finger and leave with the belt. I’ve said it before, and I’ll keep sayin’ it.

Ye don’t have the passion, Stephen. I can’t quite figure out why yer still here, but I guess it doesn’t really matter, does it? If yer that big a glutton fer punishment, I’ll be more than happy to oblige and beat yer ass again. And again. And again. The longer ye stick around, the longer it’ll keep happening.

Yer lazy, Stephen. Don’t sit back and try and say that yer not, because I’ve gone back and watched yer past matches. I’ve re-watched yer promo work, and it just comes across as flat out lazy. And, despite that, ye still think yer worth a damn or that yer someone to be taken seriously around here. How, Stephen? How can we take ye seriously when ye don’t even take yerself seriously? Think about that.

Listening to ye speak...watchin’ ye wrestle? It makes me sick, Stephen. Ye might be gettin’ up there in age, but ye’ve given up because ye think ye have to. If that is the case, why did ye even join SCW in the first place? Did ye think this was a company where ye could just slack off and no one would care? It don’t work that way, fella. We bust our arses in this company, and SCW puts our names on the map.

Yer usin’ this place, and I can’t figure out why. They’re giving ye chance after chance, and yer just walkin’ around like it doesn’t mean shit. Well, fella, I’ll do ye a favor. If yer set on actin’ the way ye are, and if yer set on leaving, I’ll take me boot and kick yer arse all the way back to Scotland fer ya. That way we never have to see yer face again, or hear yer hum drum attitude.

I’ve never liked ye, Stephen. And I don’t think I ever will. I’m just waitin’ fer the day that SCW is finally rid of ye. And quit usin’ the damn lockdown as yer excuse. Go take yer piss poor attitude to another company, because SCW doesn’t need that shite. And trust me when I saw ye won’t be missed. Hell, ye won’t even be remembered, either.

FLASHBACK
JUNE 2018
Too Much To Bare

O’Malley had thought he hit rock bottom just a couple of months ago when he was hospitalized with alcohol poisoning following a long night of drinking. He had passed out in the cemetery on Misty’s grave and luckily the cab driver who had brought him there felt compelled enough to call the police to come check on him. It wasn’t long after that incident that he left Owen in the care of Misty’s parents and made the journey back home to Ireland. He had assumed that was the worst he could possibly get, but he has come to realize that he was very very wrong.

Darcy had come back into his life, and along with it, the feelings he had once had for her prior to getting together with Misty. He would always feel guilt over the way he ended things with Darcy, but after Misty died, he didn’t think he would ever be in another relationship ever again. Especially not with Darcy. He had just assumed she had moved on. It would have made things easier.

But, that’s not how the universe was apparently working. And the effect it was all having on him mentally was taking its toll. And not in a good way. It has only been a little over 6 months since Misty died. He shouldn’t be developing feelings for another woman so soon...if ever. It was disrespectful to Misty’s memory. Or, so he told himself.

The pull he was feeling towards Darcy was about as strong as the pull he had felt when Misty first came into his life. He was finding it harder and harder to resist, and that made his guilt and pain from losing Misty that much worse. He had screwed things up terribly, and he was not about to risk doing it to Darcy again. There was only one solution in his mind.

He’s seated at the small desk in his room of Mrs. O’Reilly’s Inn, with a sheet of paper in front of him and a pen in hand. He has his head lowered and his eyes closed. He takes in a deep breath before he opens his eyes and begins to write a note to Darcy.

Darcy,

I know I’ve said it before, but I can’t tell you how sorry I am for everything that has happened. I never intended to hurt you the way I did four years ago. You might not believe me, but I did love you dearly. I still do. I don’t know why I was drawn to Misty the way I was, but I can’t take any of that back. I just wish you had moved on. You should have moved on.

I’m not worth your love, Darcy. I’m a terrible human being for what I did to you, and you have every reason in the world to hate me. I’d love nothing more than the two of us to get back together and to go back to what we had, but that isn’t possible. I can never make up for what I’ve done. And I can’t risk hurting you like that ever again.

I should have been the one who died. Not Misty. I deserved it more than she did, because I put the both of you through hell over the years. I can’t live with myself anymore, Darcy. This is the only way you’ll ever move on and find someone else who is worthy of your love, because it isn’t me. Don’t ever blame yourself, either, because this is all on me and I need to correct the mistake that this universe has made.

This is the only way, Darcy. I can’t bear the pain over losing her, and the pain and guilt I feel over all of the wrong I’ve done to you is just as worse. I’m sorry. I’m so very sorry.

-O’Malley

O’Malley sets the pen down as he finishes writing the note. The expression on his face is blank, almost emotionless and he stands up and heads out of the room, and Mrs. O’Reilly’s Inn. He walks the distance to the building where Darcy’s flat is, hoping she is not home. Instead of sneaking in to slide it under her door, when he gets to the building, he folds it and leaves it sticking out of her mailbox. He was sure she would find it there.

After leaving the note, he quickly turns around and starts walking away. There was one final place he needed to go before leaving, and that was to the Misty’s special place. The willow tree. He had to see it one last time, and it was the one place he would feel comfortable speaking to Misty before he was gone.

After walking the distance and finally making it to the willow tree, he walks up to the beautiful tree, placing a hand on the trunk and closes his eyes. No one is around, so he speaks aloud softly, hoping where Misty was, that she could hear him.

O’Malley: I shouldn’t have let ye drive that day, love. I should have gone with or somethin’. Ye shouldn’t have been the one that died, Misty. It shoulda been me.

He chokes up, but stops himself from crying. He keeps his eyes closed, and pictures Misty’s face in his mind.

O’Malley: I should have died three years ago when I got hit by that car. There’s no reason I should be alive after the hell I put both ye and Darcy through. And now with leavin’ Owen like I did...I just...I can’t anymore, love.

He opens his eyes and stares at the tree, placing his other and on it now.

O’Malley: I know I won’t be joinin’ ye with what I’m about to do, but that’s ok, love. I deserve to go to hell. Or purgatory. Or wherever the hell fellas like me go to. I want ye to know how sorry I am fer all of this, love. Continue to watch over our boy. He’s better off without me as a father, anyway…

O’Malley then drops his hands to his side, steps to the side of the tree and starts walking away, heading towards a cliff just off in the distance…

Back at Darcy’s flat, the dark-haired former love to O’Malley is just leaving her apartment. She’s just walked out of the front entrance to the building and is about to head to the market for some groceries. But a piece of paper sticking out of her mailbox catches her eye.

She takes a few steps back and grabs the sheet of paper, unfolding it. She immediately recognizes the handwriting to be O’Malley’s, even before reading what he had to say. As her eyes scan the note, reading what appears to be his final words, her face turns to sheer panic. She looks around, wondering how long it had been since he left it there, and if he was still nearby.

Darcy: O’Malley!

She charges forward towards the street, looking down either direction but doesn’t see him. She takes off towards the right, knowing one place she could go in hopes of finding him. Only she had to pray with everything she had, that she wasn’t too late.

This was a good way to go, O’Malley thought. No one was around to see, or stop him. It was a long way down, and surely he would never be found. It was better this way. It had to be this way. But as set on his decision as he was, he was hesitating and wasting time, which he didn’t understand.

His heart was racing. The panic he felt over what he was about to do was getting worse. Was he psyching himself out? Changing his mind? No, he thought. He had to do this. The world would be a better place without him in it. And Darcy would be forced to do what she should have done years ago...move on.

Would it be quick? Would he screw it up and somehow survive? It didn’t matter, he thought. If he were meant to die a slow and agonizing death, then so be it. He just had to get it overwith.

When he opened his eyes and looked below the cliff, prepared to take his own life, the panicked voice behind him not only startled him, but it stopped him from taking that step forward. He stood frozen in place, and couldn’t turn around to face her.

Darcy: O’Malley! DON’T! Please!

He clenched his hands and his breathing intensified. Why was she here? Why had he wasted time. Five minutes earlier, and she would have been too late.

O’Malley: H-how...How did ye find me, Darcy?!

Darcy didn’t approach him for fear she might spook him and he’d really do it. She stayed several feet behind him, trying to talk him down.

Darcy: Brady saw you walking this way so I kept searching until I saw you. You...you don’t have to do this, O’Malley. Please, don’t. Just...back away and come over to me. Please.

He shook his head. His whole body was trembling. As badly as he was ready to do this, he didn’t think he could do it in front of her, though.

O’Malley: It’s the only way...I told ye that. Yer better off without me. The whole world is.

Darcy: That’s not true, and you know it. You’ve been through so much and you’re still alive. That has to count for something. Please, O’Malley. I’m begging you. Look, I won’t try and force you to get back together with me anymore. I’ll try to move on. All I’m asking is that you do not do this.

He continues to look over the cliff and down below. Darcy is taking a few small steps towards him, praying she can stop him, as he remains frighteningly quiet. When she is within arms reach, she holds her hand out towards him.

Darcy: Please, O’Malley. Don’t don’t do this. Take my hand.

O’Malley finally turns around and first looks at her hand, and then up into her eyes. Her pleading look is all he needed, and he reaches forward, taking her hand and rushing forward to her, and right into her arms. He buries his head into her shoulder and starts sobbing, and she holds onto him tight, thankful she was able to stop him from making a terrible mistake.

A mistake that he would not have come back from.

Lachlan Kane. Here we are again, me fellow Irishman. Well, sort of, right? We were supposed to face off last month at Into The Void IX, but things didn’t quite work out, did they? Ye were supposed to be a part of that King Fer A Day ladder match, but when Into The Void rolled around, ye got removed from the match. Color me disappointed, but not surprised.

I know yer well aware that I said some things before the show even happened. What I said ye and yer band of buddies didn’t exactly take kindly to, though ye were the one to pretty much stay quiet and not bite me head off. Now I’m not gonna name names here, because I know ye all know who I’m talkin’ about, but this ain’t about them is it? No, this is about ye, Lachlan. And me. And Kedron. And Stephen. The four of us fightin’ fer the Roulette Championship, but only one walkin’ out as the winner. Before I get down to business, I owe ye an apology, fella. Yeah, that’s right. I said it. I owe ye an apology.

I understand ye had a lot going on before Into The Void IX, just marryin’ yer new bride and all. Life happens, right? So fer ye, Lachlan, I’m sorry fer what I said because ye had a valid excuse fer yer mind bein’ elsewhere. Ye had a valid excuse to not be there. Ye wanted to spend the quality time with yer wife, and I understand that. And look what happened afterwards?

Ye beat Kedron. One-on-one. Non-title of course, but ye actually hold a win over him, and that right there is braggin’ rights, fella. That right there put ye on the map fer a roulette title shot, which is not surprising. And then ye went on to defeat Caleb Storms. Bravo, Lachlan. Ye were startin’ to prove me opinion of ye wrong.

But then ye had yer one-on-one shot against Kedron. Just last week, Lachlan. Ye already beat him once before, so surely ye could do it again, right? Wrong, apparently. Ye just couldn’t quite pull it off the second time. And I’m sure yer itchin’ fer this shot, but here’s where a second apology comes in. I’m sorry that yer gonna have to walk away with another failed attempt at a singles title, Lachlan. That wife of yer’s shoulda stuck around and had the two of ye give it another go at the mixed tag scene, because it just seems to me that neither of ye can quite make it on yer own. That’s not an opinion either, just facts.

I ain’t bein’ a arsehole here, Lachlan. I want to face off against ye. I want to see who the better Irishman really is, but I also want ye at yer best. I want ye at yer most determined and to really show up, fella. Because I ain’t seen that yet, and I’m beginnin’ to wonder if I ever will. I’m hopin’ next week ain’t a repeat of Into The Void an’ I find out that ye got pulled from the match again, because I’ll be really disappointed, fella. Ye probably won’t believe me, but hey...that’s on ye I guess.

I hope ye can swim, fella. Or, that Sierra can so she can save yer arse when ye get tossed in the water. Ye’ve got a week to learn…

Back to present day…

He’s not sure what time it is when he comes stumbling into the hotel room, or if Darcy is even still awake, but the alcohol has complete shot his brain filter for the evening. He kicks off his shoes once he makes it into the room and drops his bag on the floor as he fumbles around, trying to be as quiet as he can. But he is failing, miserably.

Once inside the room, he looks over to the bed and sees that Darcy is asleep, though the noise has caused her to start stirring. He trips over his own feet and stumbles towards the bed, mumbling curse words under his breath. As he lands on the edge of the bed, Darcy’s eyes shoot open, afraid that someone has broken into her room. But when she turns on the light and sees that it’s O’Malley, she’s angry at first, not realizing right away that he’s drunk out of his mind.

Darcy: O’Malley? What the hell are you—

O’Malley scoots in closer to her and tries to kiss her. She backs away and pushes him away, staring at him as she gets a whiff of alcohol on his breath.

Darcy: You're drunk?! What the hell, O’Malley?!

O’Malley cracks a smile and laughs. He then pulls his shirt up and over his head, tossing it on the floor.

O’Malley: Drunk? Nahhhh. I just had…

He stops talking and starts counting in his head and on his fingers how many drinks he apparently had tonight. But he loses count and waves it off.

O’Malley: Hell if I know. But I ain’t drunk! Why didn’t ye want me to kiss ye?

Darcy folds her arms.

Darcy: Because you’re a mess right now, and you smell like a distillery. What is wrong with you?!

O’Malley: I ask...meself that same question...everyday, love. What is wrong with me? I’m a feckin’ failure. I’m...I’m so sorry, Darc.

He starts to choke up and buries his head in his hands and the sight is enough to scare the anger out of Darcy. She’d seen him like this before. And she never wanted to see him like that again.

Darcy: Hey, hey, hey...stop. What...what is going on? I haven’t seen you like this in two years, and I thought you were past all this?

O’Malley lays down, resting his head in Darcy’s lap. He looks up at her, as she runs her fingers through his hair, comforting him the best she could. And as both go silent, their minds drift back to the memory of two years ago, when they were in a very similar situation, but for very different reasons.

Back to Ireland- June 2018

Darcy and O’Malley are back at Darcy’s flat after she succeeded in stopping him from taking his own life. He was still in a rough place mentally speaking, but they were together, and she wasn’t about to leave him alone. Not right now. They are in Darcy’s bed, but O’Malley is laying on his side with his head rested in her lap. She’s running her fingers through his hair, and neither speaks.

O’Malley’s eyes blink slowly, and his mind appears to be in a whole different world. Darcy stares down at him, thankful she had managed to save his life, but still very worried for him. She had promised him she wouldn’t try to force them back together if he stepped away from that cliff. Would she honor that promise? Would he try to do it again if they weren’t together? So many unanswered questions, but she tried not to think about that just yet. She needed him to see that he needed to be on this earth.

With every stroke of his hair, O’Malley relaxes more and more. His eyes look around and his mouth moves, as if he is about to speak. And when he finally breaks the silence between them, the words that come out of his mouth stuns the both of them.

O’Malley: Marry me…

She immediately pulls her hand back, and stares down at him. Had she heard him right? They hadn’t spoken a word since they were by that cliff, and she hadn’t imagined those would be the words he would speak when he finally felt better enough to do so. But she can’t speak. And O’Malley pushes himself up, focusing solely on her face, and those beautiful eyes of hers. He speaks again, and it’s confirmation that, yes, she had heard him right.

O’Malley: Marry me, Darcy. Don’t give up on us bein’ together, because it’s not what I want. I don’t care what anyone else says. There’s a reason I hesitated at that cliff, and yer that reason. Ye saved me life, and I’m not ever going to forget that. I didn’t think I had anything to live fer after Misty died, but I realize now that I do. I always saw a future fer us before I screwed it up, but it all makes sense now. We’re meant to be together, Darcy. Marry me…

He takes her hands in his and squeezes them. Her jaw drops open and she is completely speechless as he waits for an answer, praying she says yes…

Kedron Williams. The current Roulette champ and, if I’m quite honest, one feckin’ scary fella. And not just in the ring, but have ye all looked at him fer more than five seconds? No? Exactly me point. If ye try and look at him longer than that, his look might just melt ye into a pool of blood, he’s that feckin’ scary.

But I’m tryna understand somethin’. As scary and intimidatin’ as ye are, Kedron, how the hell could ye not even defeat Ben Jordan in that little feud of yers? Just one year ago, in fact, because it all went down at Summer XXXtreme last year. I woulda bet any amount of money that ye had that match in the bag, but Saint Ben actually beat ye. I don’t get it. And that loss affected ye fer quite some time. So much so that just weeks later? Ye were gone from SCW.

I understand the disappointment, Kedron. I’ve very nearly been there meself recently, and thought about walkin’ away again. But no matter how many times I think it, I change me mind. I’ve gotta keep fightin’ and right now, I’ve got that title yer holdin’ in me sights. Not sure I ever did congratulate ye on that, so congrats. Ye came back after several months and proved that ye’ve got what it takes. Too bad yer run couldn’t be a little longer, because I’m sure had I stuck to a different title scene? Ye might have had a pretty impressive run as champ. But, that just ain’t in yer future Kedron. At least not so long as I have anythin’ to do with it.

I don’t say this to many people, Kedron, but ye’ve got my respect. Ye’ve proven yerself a worthy competitor, and despite how dangerous I’m sure ye are, yer protective and loyal to those ye love. More specifically, yer wife Rinoa. I know given me history, and how many times Darcy has interfered fer me, ye might think that she’ll try something against Rinoa, but I can promise ye right now...she won’t.

Ye’ve got something I want, Kedron. Ye’ve got that title that I want more than anything to prove I can win on me own, fair and square, and hold on to it fer a while. Ye might be a supposed warlock, Kedron, but I can see the future, and let me tell ye how it’s gonna go. I apologize, it’s a future ye might not like, but it’s a future I’m much looking forward to.

At Summer XXXtreme, I’m walkin’ in as just a contender to that title. I’m a champ in me own right, but not yet in SCW. But once it’s all said and done, when that bell rings? The ref will be holding me hand high and handin’ me that Roulette Championship, and I plan to hold that title fer quite some time. I’m not here just to win titles for the sake of winning titles. I’m here to be remembered. I’m here to be successful and maybe one day, be a part of the Hall of Fame fer a legitimate reason. Anyone else can win titles...it’s what ye do with the reign that really says something.

I plan to speak loud and clear. And that message goes out to everyone else besides just ye, Kedron. I know people don’t take me seriously, but they’re gonna very soon. And it all starts with takin’ that title away from ye, Kedron. That’s not wishful thinkin’, either. That’s just one hundred percent guarantee.

Don’t believe me? Wait and see, fella…

O’Malley stares up into Darcy’s concerned eyes, and neither says anything for a long while. She runs her hand along his cheek, and he closes his eyes and smiles, and she smiles back.

O’Malley: Why don’t ye show anyone else this side of ye, love? Why can’t ye show them what I see?

Darcy shakes her head.

Darcy: I don’t care what people think of me, O’Malley. Only you. They’ve all just set their minds against me, because I’m not Misty.

O’Malley: That ain’t true, love. They’re against ye because ye only show them yer nasty side. The side of ye that ye turned into because of me.

Darcy pulls her hand away and rolls her eyes. She folds her arms and looks away. O’Malley sits up and stares at her.

Darcy: If I’m such a terrible person, O’Malley, why are you still with me? You can leave at any time. It’s clearly what you—

O’Malley: Don’t say it’s what I want, because it ain’t. If it was, I woulda left a long time ago. I love ye more than anything and I’m not gonna give up on that. Don’t ye see what I’m tryna do in SCW, Darc?

She slowly turns her head back to look at him and simply shrugs her shoulders.

Darcy: Of course I get what you’re trying to do. You want to be successful. You want to build your career. I get that. And I’m one hundred percent supportive. Don’t you see THAT, O’Malley?

O’Malley: I want us BOTH to be successful, Darc. This ain’t just about me. We’re a team.

She raises an eyebrow, and tries to understand what he said. Before she can respond, he continues speaking.

O’Malley: Ye’ve got a manager’s contract, Darc. Ye can be seen as just as successful as me with ge by my side. But interfering like ye do? That doesn’t look good on either of us. Not only that, it puts ye in clear danger. It already has with that Victoria Thorn woman.

Darcy lets out a huff and O’Malley takes her hand.

Darcy: I’ve handled myself just—

O’Malley: Don’t say ye have, Darc, because we both know that’s not true. Ye just want people to believe ye have, but they don’t. Now, mark my words, if ye try and interfere in this match at Summer XXXtreme? The women ye’ll have to deal with might be worse off than Victoria. Hell, Kedron is a bigger worry because I’m sure he wouldn’t hesitate to do something against ye himself if ye lay a hand on his woman. And Lachlan’s wife, Sierra? Don’t think ye can handle that woman. Listen to what I’m tellin’ ye here love.

Darcy folds her arms again and just stares at O’Malley. She wants to argue, but she holds herself back and let’s O’Malley speak.

O’Malley: I know ye want us to have a baby, love. An’ I promise ye, one day..we will. But first, I want to work on yer trainin’ because if ye don’t want to be a full time wrestler one day, I want ye to be able to defend yerself. I’m not gonna be able to protect ye all the time. As much as I want to, it just doesn’t always happen. Though I’d love to maybe go after the mixed titles with ye one day if it’s what ye wanted…

Darcy: I just feel like you’re trying to turn me into Misty. I’m not a wrestler, O’Malley. Defending myself is one thing, but doing this for a living? I don’t have it in me. But I see that you do. And I want to help you in any way that I can.

O’Malley smiles and brings his hand to her cheek.

O’Malley: Then really listen to what I’m sayin’. Ye can help me, by helpin’ yerself. I want people to see the side of ye that I love, and not the side of ye that my betrayal created.

Darcy: You didn’t create anything, O’Malley. I forgave you a long time ago, you know that.

O’Malley nods.

O’Malley: Yeah, I do know that. But I also know the vengeful side of ye that we see from time to time? That didn’t exist before I broke yer heart. Look, how about this. Let’s not focus on all of this anymore. Let’s look forward to something, and I know just the thing.

Darcy: And what might that be?

O’Malley: You. Me. Dinner. Next week on the ship. Takin’ just one night fer ourselves before I have to focus most of me attention on this match. No fightin’. No arguin’. Just rememberin’ why we belong together. What do ye say?

O’Malley smiles as he stares into her eyes. She still has a serious look on her face, but she soon cracks a smile and as he leans in to kiss her, she pushes him away again.

Darcy: I say that you need to go take a shower and brush your teeth. Your breath still reeks of whiskey, O’Malley. We’ll sort everything else out, later.

He lets out a laugh before he stands up. A little too quickly, it seems, as he gets light-headed and wobbly on his feet. He holds a hand up and takes in a few deep breaths.

O’Malley: I really didn’t drink that much, love. I’ve had more than I did tonight..

Darcy: Yeah, well, it’s been quite a while since you’ve had anything stronger than a good pint of Guinness. Now go. I’d like to get back to sleep, and I’d rather I didn’t fall asleep alone this time.

O’Malley cracks a smile and nods before heading off and disappearing into the bathroom. Darcy lets out a sigh and then leans back against the pillows and headboard as she waits for O’Malley to finish taking his shower.

It ain’t no secret that out of the four of us in this match, that people might argue I’m the one who deserves this shot the least. I’ve lost my fair share of matches here in SCW recently and the matches I did win in the past, weren’t exactly clean wins because of Darcy’s involvement. I ain’t about to sit here and argue that I’ve earned it because I’d be lyin’ if I did. What I am gonna do is tell each and every one of ye watchin’ that I’m better than that, and I don’t need anyone to help me win.

I graduated from the GO Gym. That right there has star power written all over it, and no one can deny that. I’ve been takin’ that star power and tarnishin’ it, instead of doin’ what every single other athlete to walk out of GO Gym has done. Evie. Fenris. Dani. Daniel. Os. Carter. Ari. Krystal. Not a single one of them has done what I’ve done, and it’s gotta stop now. I dunno why I’ve done things the way that I’ve done, but damn it if I’m gonna sit here and make Gabriel and Odette’s decision to train me a huge mistake. Because it wasn’t.

I’ll never be able to fix this Underground Championship win, because it’s forever tarnished. But I’m working on at least defendin’ it and proving I deserve to hold it. And as far as SCW goes, Summer XXXtreme is the beginning of my championship history, because I don’t plan on walkin’ out without the Roulette Championship.

I’ve got a lot of work to do going forward. I’ve got a lot of fightin’ to do both personally and career wise, but I’ve never been more determined in me life. I’ve made a right mess of things the last few years, and if I’m quite honest, I shouldn’t even be here. I should be six feet under next to Misty, and that’s a sad fact I don’t like to admit.

But I’m still here. I’m still breathin’ and I’m still fightin’, because I have to. I’ve been given chance after chance, an’ I’m done wastin’ it all. It’s time to start livin’ me best life and provin’ just why I’m still here.

To be a fighter.

To be a champion.

To be a LEGEND.

Anything less than that is unacceptable. The tables have turned. The sun has set on Kedron’s time as champion, and a new day is here.

In one week’s time, it all begins. And there’s not a damn thing Stephen, Lachlan or Kedron can do to stop me.
>

Offline Son of Salem

• View Profile
    • Kedron Williams
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 06:49:05 PM »

Kedron Williams: “A ship -- again? Are they serious!?”

Las Vegas, Nevada -
A few weeks ago

Kedron had held the door to his hotel room open for his wife to enter first, as always, then followed in but his mood was indeed soured. He tugged hard on his black, silk tie until it came loose and he threw it to the bed, and almost immediately regretted it as the three Sphinx cats took it as a sign to play and all three ganged up on that hapless but expensive accessory. He closed his eyes and exhaled an annoyed huff, as Rinoa took a seat on the edge of the bed. One of the cats, Achilles, broke away from the play and meandered over to her and nestled his chin on her lap while she scratched him behind the ear, causing his eyes to close in contentment and a heavy purr filled the room.

Rinoa Williams: “Kedron, calm down.”

Kedron set his hands on his hips as he all but paced the front of the room that he and his wife had called home lo these past many months as opposed to their grand estate in Salem. He shook his head, a growing annoyance on his face as if he were working overtime in NOT calming down.

Kedron Williams: “I don’t understand. You would think that given the crux that cruise ships have become because of this damn virus, they could find a more appropriate location for this event! I mean, look at that one cruise liner that had a boat filled with people sick with COVID-19 and they were left drifting for weeks because nobody would risk allowing them into a port! Yet here we are, about to climb on board a ship ourselves when the country is growing worse by the day with this virus!”

Achilles rolled over onto his back, exposing his belly. This was a sign of great trust for any cat and Rinoa showed her appreciation by tickling him lightly on his soft skin.

Rinoa Williams: “If I didn’t know any better, Kedron, I would say that sounds an awful lot like concern.”

Kedron stopped his pacing and slowly, and I mean slowly, turned at the waist to stare at his wife. Many would be unsettled by his stare, but not her. She just smiled.

Kedron Williams: “Do not be ridiculous.”

Rinoa Williams: “I’m serious. Why, I’m beginning to think that having your soul back has turned you into a caring human being.”

Kedron shook his head, turning away from his wife.

Kedron Williams: “And to think you thought there would be no harmful side effects…”

He walked over to the kitchen area and opened the mini bar beneath the counter, only to shut it again with a heavy slam.

Kedron Williams: “I just don’t see the point. Christian underwood just pulled the rug out from a number of people when he told us that the ship wasn’t even setting sail. So, what? We’ll just spend our time idle on a ship in Los Angeles that is docked at its pier for a week?”

Rinoa Williams: “Not exactly that far from where we’re at right now, my love. We’ve been in this hotel for a couple of months at least…”

Kedron Williams: “By your own desire.”

Kedron felt no shame in stressing to his wife that she was the reason that they were staying at the Saxon rather than at their spacious Victorian estate in Salem. “The better to keep up appearances.” She had said to him, and “And while we may not be vulnerable to this virus, others are.”

Kedron adjusted his silk shirt with satisfaction while Rinoa tilted her head to the side. Achilles had rolled back to his paws and rejoined his sisters in tearing and clawing at Kedron’s tie, which had set him back almost two hundred dollars. Still, better his tie than his hand. Though the attacks on his person had pretty much stopped ever since he became ‘whole’ once more.

Rinoa Williams: “But isolated as we’ve been, at least attending the festivities on this cruise ship will at the very least give us a change of scenery.”

Kedron turned and held a hand out to his wife…

Kedron Williams: “Rinoa … darling. You know that whole ‘look on the positive side of things’ that you’ve turned into an art form?”

Rinoa Williams: “Yes?”

Kedron Williams: “Stop it.”

Rinoa chuckled and went back to giving each of her cats affectionate scratches, allowing Kedron time enough to walk over to the bed and snatch his now mauled tie from their claws. Of course, this only added to the cats’ mutual enjoyment as now they thought ‘daddy’ was playing with them and all three shot off of the bed before the Son of Salem could react and they pounced on him, clawing their way up his pant leg as he fought to dislodge them and ‘playing keep away’ with the tie.

Kedron Williams: “Rinoa! Get them off! Rinoa…!”

And he fell back against the bathroom door which swung open and he toppled inside, landing hard with the three cats on top, still going for the tie!

And Rinoa? She had fallen on her own back on the bed, laughing merrily at her husband’s expense.

>

Night had fallen in the “City of Sin,” and while there was still life within the Saxon Hotel, much of the population had retired to their rooms to rest and recuperate while their journey toward Summer XXXTreme VIII started within a day’s time. And this room in particular had been cloaked in darkness. The shades drawn, the lights turned off -- the only illumination being that of the soft lighting of the moon peeking through the shades and caressing the room’s interior.

Rinoa Williams was sound asleep in her bed, and her three feline ‘babies’ -- Cleopatra, Isis and Achilles -- were snuggled up against and on top of her, sleeping peacefully. Kedron, however, was not. Ever since that one night where he had set foot inside of this room and discovered an intruder, a member of the Cult of Blood, standing over his wife, he had not slept soundly. He had chosen to keep a close eye, especially now that he had regained possession of his Grimoire. Once the Cult discovered the fact, no doubt they would resort to drastic measures to gain possession of it. Which was why he had enacted a curse against any who dared try.

The Cult had already targeted his wife’s three cats -- and paid a humiliating and painful price for that gross mistake in judgment.

He had taken precautions now to ensure the safety of his family, yes, the cats included -- as well as safeguarding his Grimoire, the collective sum of all of his knowledge in the world of the arcane. And he sat alone in the darkness, in a chair opposite the bed he shared with his wife. His ankle was kicked up over his bended knee and his chin rested atop curled fingers as he watched her sleep. A sight he never tired of.

Kedron Williams: “So, let me get this straight. Not a ring, but a swimming pool with cables stretched out horizontally over the pool, and this…”

He extended his hand to the SCW Roulette championship belt which rested in its place of honor in the room, front and center on the dresser where the plasma television had once been. Neither Kedron nor his wife were particularly big television watchers, so they had it removed from its spot and stored away to make more room for themselves as well as their own personal effects. His fingers caressed the center plate of the Roulette title belt.

Kedron Williams: “... Is to be suspended in the center, above the pool, and the man to retrieve it earns the right to be called the champion…”

He turned his head and shook it in disbelief, scoffing.

Kedron Williams: “Well that’s a stupid concept if I were ever to hear one. I would say that it ranks right up there with the concept of a Ladder match. Only in this case, aside from your opposition, you have gravity to contend with. And if your hands slip, unlike a ladder match, there is no going back. You’re simply finished. Out. Eliminated. Still…”

He gave a light shrug of the shoulders.

Kedron Williams: “Mark Ward and Christian Underwood worked overtime so they could hold this match as it is tradition for this particular event, and despite all evidence to the contrary, that I can appreciate. I myself am a great believer in upholding traditions, whether they be business or pleasure. And so here we are, and here I am against not one man attempting to wrest this title from my possession, but three. Two of whom I have faced before, and one who is entirely new to me.”

Kedron stood up from his chair and casually crept along the plush carpeting of the room, and did not so much as cause a stir from the bed’s occupants. It was almost eerie, that whether it be against the carpeting or tile linoleum, his feet did not make even the slightest sound so as to disturb his wife or her cats. He walked to the small mini bar and opened it without a sound, retrieving a frosted over glass and a bottle of hard scotch.

Kedron Williams: “I bet that right about now I am asking the very same question that Stephen Callaway is asking of himself. He is asking what he is doing here, and I am wondering the exact same thing. Now I admit that Callaway has a few victories under his belt, but let’s face facts; they are few and far between. And most of the time when he walks away as the winner, it’s almost like his opponent doesn’t even try.”

Kedron winced.

Kedron Williams: “Oh, I am sorry Stephen. Did that hit a little too close to home? If I recall correctly, you may have even scored a win over me a very long time ago, but times do indeed. There was a point in time where you seemed to be a rather proud athletic competitor, but just look at what has happened when you realized that you bit off far more than you can chew over time. Your unimpressive standing has slowly eroded away your self confidence, leaving behind it an embarrassing shell of a man. Now every time we hear from you, you turn everything around into one giant ‘woe is me’ pity party.”

“It makes me wonder if perhaps this is why you were entered into this match as opposed to someone like Caleb Storms or even Teddy Steele-Warren. Maybe the higher ups simply felt sorry for you and decided to toss you a bone. Or perhaps they have this deep rooted belief that you could be the Cinderella story of Summer XXXTreme VIII where you will shock the world and walk away as the brand new champion?”

Kedron smiled, his teeth shimmering brilliantly in the moonlight as he poured for himself a generous amount of Scotch. He set the bottle back in the refrigerated mini bar and stood upright, examining the glass’s contents.

Kedron Williams: “But to me? You are simply the token challenger who had nothing better going for him. After all, someone has to be the first to fall into that fetid pool. It might as well be you.”

Kedron walked back over to his chair and slowly sat back down. He leaned back and took a sip from the contents of his glass in hand, savoring the warmth as it burned down the back of his throat. His eyes remained closed for several long seconds until they opened once again and danced with merriment.

Kedron Williams: “And then there’s my dear friend, Lachlan. You know, when I won our match a week ago and walked away with the title still in my possession, I almost felt bad? Because when you beat me in that non-title match five weeks ago, you got your hopes up. You worked your confidence up so high that you quite literally had nowhere else to go -- but down. And that is exactly what you did, you fell. And where did you fall? The only place you had left to go; straight down. And I almost felt for you.”

He held a thumb and forefinger close together.

Kedron: Almost. “You see, the only person you have to blame for that failure is yourself. And I'm not just saying that because you allowed your confidence to Skyrocket straight into the stratosphere. Your main issue was that you forgot to bring your wife to ringside with you. After all, it was your wife's intervention in our non-title match that allowed you to walk away with the victory over me. And there's no debating that point Lachlan. It is a simple fact. And maybe, just maybe, had you brought Sierra  to our championship match last week, you would be going into this Ultimate X match as champion rather than challenger. And there is not a person, man or woman, in SCW that isn’t aware that Sierra is behind the vast majority of your in-ring success.”

“A shame then isn’t it that she didn’t make her presence known in our championship match? Or did you -- you know -- instruct her to stay away from the ring so you could handle things on your own?”

Kedron gave the camera a sly wink.

Kedron Williams: “Either way, I have to commend you for your hutzpah. Walking away from defeat with your held still high, and assuming that this Ultimate X match aboard a ship would somehow be a different end to your fairy tale story. You think that out of everyone in that match, you will be the last man left standing -- or in our case, hanging? You think that one-by-one, you will be the man to retrieve my property and leave as champion? The very first time you would have held gold on your own? Oh…”

He tilted his head to the left and smiled with mock sympathy.

Kedron Williams: “That level of naivety is … well, sad, really. But I can’t fault you for wanting to prove yourself, even if you have to fall again and again. It’s to be commended. Jesus Christ only rose once, but you? You just keep going and going.”

He shook his head and rolled his eyes before moving on. He stood up once again, but this time he walked past the bed and approached the glass sliding door that led to the small patio on the outside of the room; a perk for champions, this little extra taste of luxury. He slid the door closed almost entirely to continue with his wife’s peace and his own privacy. He stood beneath the night sky, his eyes straining to see the stars but not for the multitude of lights courtesy of the Vegas Strip.

Kedron Williams: “They say that behind every great man is a great woman. Never was that cliche’ more true than where my third challenger is concerned, O’Malley. For the longest time, ever since you returned -- first to SCU and then to SCW -- you’ve been shadowed by that mysterious, raven-haired beauty Darcy. So many wanted to know who she was, what she was doing here -- and hats off to you for keeping her identity and purpose under cloak and dagger for as long as you had. And then, when the truth slowly grew to reveal itself, it was nothing what people might have expected.”

“I thought of her as a supporting character in the ever growing soap opera that was obviously your life, but not so much. At least, not to the degree assumed. No, Darcy seemed more of that whisper in your ear, the devil on your shoulder. A supporting role, yes, but so much more. You seemed absolutely lackadaisical where your career was concerned and the direction that it was headed. And I strongly suspect that were it not for Darcy pushing you to the point of nagging, you wouldn’t be where you are right now; standing atop a second-tier promotion while struggling to even break mid-card here in the major league.”

“All biting wit and sarcasm aside, I perhaps would be one of the few and far between who do not judge you for your past transgressions in your personal life, O’Malley. Your family drama is by no means any big secret. You’ve pretty much laid it all out for everyone to see on social media that you are living with a great regret in life where your child is concerned, and you should be. But…”

He held up a forefinger to pause for a moment’s thought while he took a drink from the glass.

Kedron Williams: “Mistakes happen. I should know, as I’ve made enough of them throughout the years, and ones that are far greater than anything you might think possible. When I leave this world, I know where I’ll be going in the afterlife, and I have accepted that. There’s no turning back for me, but you? You have the opportunity to turn your own life around and the fact that you are making that attempt shows that you are not too far gone. But that’s personal. Professionally?”

Kedron looked up and his face was marred with wonder.

Kedron Williams: “Sometimes I look at you and wonder that you are cut from the same cloth as men and women such as Evie Jordan and Fenris. Ariana Angelos and Helluva Bottom Carter. You know -- graduates from the famed GO Gym, the same facilities that prepared you for the world of professional wrestling.”

“Yes, you are indeed the reigning SCU Underground Champion, and you worked overtime in earning that distinction…”

Kedron then hid his eyes behind his hand and shook his head, his shoulders shaking slightly with the effort not to betray his amusement. He slowly lowered his arm…

Kedron Williams: “I am sorry, I just couldn’t keep a straight face. I had stated earlier what I think of matches like this Ultimate X and ranked it right up there with a Ladder match, but… that’s how you ‘earned’ your Golden Briefcase, is it not? The guarantee that you could make a bid for a title match whenever, and wherever you were. Oh and you certainly took advantage of that loophole, even I have to hand you full credit for that Judas act.”

He shook his head with wonder.

Kedron Williams: “To jump a man from behind and strike him down with the very championship belt he had just won to take it for your own … and to do so to my old ‘friend’ Ben Jordan..? Truly you are a champion among men.”

He paused and turned his head to gaze into the camera.

Kedron Williams: “In case you couldn’t tell, that was sarcasm.”

He looked back to the city’s skyline while he continued.

Kedron Williams: “I find it amusing at best that you continue to berate your Go Gym peers and claim that you either are or will soon be, more than any of them had ever been. You want to be the best, the most celebrated and recognized of all of your fellow graduates, but if that is indeed your goal, you are clearly going about it the wrong way. In SCW, you have not even come close to matching what Evie Jordan and Fenris have pulled off, and in SCU? You talked down about the rookies Carter and Ariana but those two have garnered more fan adulation and respect amongst their peers than you have. Yes, you are the Underground Champion, and they have yet to capture singles gold, but both of them defeated their previous champions face to face, as opposed to an ambush from behind. And, how often have you defended that precious title of yours whereas Team Go seems to be defending their titles multiple times per cycle -- and successfully I might add!”

He chuckled.

Kedron Williams: “And they’re even in the Main Event of Supernova III, not you! Does that tell you where you stand in the overall scheme of things? No? Well then, how about this?”

He turned to the camera, one arm rested upon the railing.

Kedron Williams: “From the moment the lineup was announced for Supernova III, how often has your name been hyped as the reigning Underground Champion? Whereas Alexis Staggs made a passing comment about what will happen should Darcy get involved where my own wife is concerned. Knowing Darcy is getting more attention and fanfare than you are, O’Malley? That really must make your manhood go from here…”

He held a thumb and forefinger a few inches apart.

Kedron Williams: … to here.”

He narrowed the gap between thumb and forefinger to where they were almost touching.

Kedron Williams: “And while I do have to commend you for taking a stand and making certain that Darcy no longer plays a role in the outcomes of your matches, we have to realize that it is a matter of too little, too late. She had already gotten you to where you needed to be, so telling her now to stop is like bringing a contraceptive to a baby shower. The damage has been done.”

Kedron then finished the drink and set the glass down on an oval table on the patio and started to step back inside, casting one final look to the camera.

Kedron Williams: “See you on the ship -- gentlemen.”
>

I believe Satan to exist for two reasons:

1- The Bible says so.
2- I've done business with Him.

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 10:20:13 PM »

Ultimate X- Ultimate Surprise: Part 2

Sun Princess Cruise Liner
Romantic Dinner For Two...Interrupted

The Superstars and Bombshells and staff of SCW, SCU and GRIME have been on board the Sun Princess Cruise Liner for a few days now. Covid-19 can’t stop tradition, and Summer XXXtreme will go on, although slightly different this year as the cruise will not be setting sail. That, however, didn’t matter much as the festivities and such would still be taking place, and everyone can enjoy a break from the surroundings of the Saxon Hotel in Las Vegas.

This year marks the first year that O’Malley and his lady love, Darcy, will be on board the ship for the Summer XXXtreme cruise. And they have the added bonus of being assigned one of the special mini-suites since O’Malley is one of the many champions in the company. Any room would be nice, of course, but the mini-suite is an added bonus that they will enjoy as they work to get over the recent problems they’ve been facing in their relationship. Both were determined to get past this rough patch and get back to the happiness they’ve shared in the past.

Tonight, O’Malley had something very special planned for the special woman in his life. Darcy was under the impression that they would be going to dinner in the dining area this evening, but O’Malley had other plans. He had told Darcy they would enjoy a special dinner for just the two of them last week, but when the plans and accomodations for the week on board were revealed, he had to think of something different. Tonight had to be about just the two of them, with no one else around.

Darcy is currently in the bathroom, finishing getting ready. While she was in the shower, he put his plans in motion. And he had to act quickly. He had called earlier to ensure one of the kitchen staff arrived at the right time, and sure enough they had, complete with their meals, and everything he needed for their set up. Two candles, a floral centerpiece and all the dining necessities. They both had set up the candlelit dinner for two right in front of the balcony window in record time. And about a minute after the kitchen staff member had left their room, the door to the bathroom opened.

Darcy: Ok, my love, I’m all...set…

Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened as she walked into the second part of their mini-suite; the dining and living space. The lights were dimmed and O’Malley was standing next to the romantic set up, with a bright smile on his face. Darcy was dressed in her favorite little black dress, and heels. Her hair pulled back and green sapphire earrings dangling from her ears.

Darcy: What...O’Malley?

O’Malley: Tonight should just be about the two of us, love. So I had this specially arranged and brought up fer us. What do ye think?

She smiles from ear to ear and her eyes start glowing. She walks over to him, wraps her arms around him and kisses him.

Darcy: I think it’s absolutely amazing. And perfect. I think I’d rather enjoy dinner in the privacy of our own room anyway.

O’Malley pulls Darcy’s chair out for her, ever the gentleman. Once she is settled into her chair, he walks the few steps to the opposite side, taking his own seat. He pours them both a glass of champagne, and he stares at her and her never fading smile.

O’Malley: That can be arranged if ye really want it to be. I just thought after spending so much time in the hotel, ye’d wanna get out a bit more. But this was the only way to make tonight special, so I went with it.

Darcy: It hasn’t been so bad at the hotel. As long as we’re together, I really don’t care where we’re at. But you did wonderful, O’Malley. Really.

They clink their glasses together once before each taking a sip of their champagne. O’Malley stares across the table at her, and she glances at him, raising an eyebrow.

Darcy: What? Why are you staring at me like that?

O’Malley: Just wonderin’ how I got so lucky. There was a time when I didn’t think we’d be here like this today, but I’m glad we are. I know things haven’t been easy lately, but I want ye to know, I dunno what I’d do without ye, Darc. An’ I mean that…

Darcy cracks a smile. She leans back in her chair and looks into his eyes.

Darcy: Well you don’t need to worry about that. Because I’m not ever going anywhere. Not unless you ask me to, anyway. Even then I would put up a fight.

O’Malley: I think it’s clear that we’d both fight fer each other. So let’s continue to do that instead of fightin’ each other. We’re a team an’ we need to get back to actin’ like one.

Darcy nods and takes another sip of champagne.

Darcy: I couldn’t agree more. And that being said, I think we should talk about something. Talk, not argue.

O’Malley: Alright. If this is about—

Darcy holds her hand up, and O’Malley stops what he was about to say.

Darcy: It’s not about us having a baby. I’ll relax on that for a while. But...it is about Owen. I think that is something we do need to discuss. I know tonight should be about us, but he is your son and that makes him part of the equation. I’m sorry I haven’t been civil about the whole thing, but I’ve had some time to think.

O’Malley leans back in his chair, and stares at her with a raised eyebrow.

O’Malley: Yer right, he is part of the equation. Or, I hope he’ll be eventually. What about him do ye want to talk about, though?

Darcy: Well, that’s a fairly simple answer. I’m curious to know how you intend to get him back in your life? I know I made it seem like you should give up, but that is not what I meant. Far from it actually. I just know that Misty’s family will not make it easy, so this could turn into one hell of a fight.

O’Malley nods.

O’Malley: That it could, and mostly likely will. But I honestly haven’t thought about it much...yet. I want to focus on me matches this weekend at Supernova and Summer XXXtreme, and then during the week off I can take the time to figure out how to go forward getting Owen back. But don’t think I expect ye to be a part of this fight, because this is all—

Darcy: Of course I’m going to be a part of it, O’Malley. I’m your wife, and as such I will stand by you and support you any way you can. Your fight is my fight.

They rarely spoke those words out loud, at least not in public, but as she said them, all O’Malley could do was smile. He is about to say something when a strange sound from the door interrupts them and draws their attention towards the door. It’s not a knocking, but almost like something bouncing off the door.

Darcy: What the hell is that?

O’Malley frowns and quickly stands up.

O’Malley: I’m not one hundred percent certain, but I’ve got a pretty good idea. Hang on…

O’Malley storms towards the door and when he swings it open, he looks out into the hallway to see Ben Jordan and Max Burke sitting on the other side of the hallway. Ben has a tennis ball in his hand and he grins at O’Malley. If you want to know more about what they’re doing there, go watch Ben’s promo now. O’Malley looks as though he wants to say something, but he just shakes his head, disappears back inside the room and slams the door shut. He heads back over to the table, thinking that will be the end of it.

Darcy: What was it?

O’Malley: An annoying Cockney Brit and equally annoying Canadian twit…

Darcy chuckles as O’Malley rhymes. She’s about to respond, when the sound of Ozzy Osbourne blaring can be heard just outside their room. O’Malley is going to head right back to the door, but Darcy stands up instead.

Darcy: Let me handle this one.

She heads over to the door and as she opens the door, and glares at Ben and Max, Ben turns the music up even louder. Darcy waves her arms towards them.

Darcy: TURN THAT CRAP DOWN! HELLO?! I SAID TURN THAT DOWN!

Realizing that’s not going to work, Darcy disappears back inside, slamming the door. The music finally stops when she does this, and O’Malley walks up to her as she grins. She is about to head back to the table when the sound of an airhorn is heard, and O’Malley has had enough.

O’Malley: That’s it!

He swings the door back open and glares right at Ben Jordan.

O’Malley: For the love of God, stop the feckin’ bullshite, Ben! For Feck’s sake!!

Ben had blasted the airhorn for the better part of O’Malley’s rant. O’Malley disappears back inside and slams the door for the final time. He and Darcy look at one another, realizing as long as they stay in the room right now, the longer Ben and Max will continue to irritate them. Any other night wouldn’t matter, but tonight they wouldn’t stand for it.

Darcy: Let’s just go to the main dining area tonight. I know it’s not what we planned, but those two are dead set on ruining it for us.

O’Malley: Not exactly a private anniversary dinner, huh?

Darcy grins.

Darcy: We can celebrate later in a much more intimate way. And take the opportunity to get a little payback with a lot of noise of our own…

O’Malley grins and he pulls Darcy in close.

O’Malley: I like the way ye think. Happy Anniversay, Mrs. O’Malley.

Darcy: Happy Anniversay, Mr. O’Malley.

The two share a passionate embrace before they prepare to leave their room, and their already prepared meal, to get away from Ben and Max.

FLASHBACK TO JUNE 2018
Dublin, Ireland
She Said Yes!

Today has been an eventful and emotional day, to say the least. A day that could have ended in tragedy, has now ended in joy, as O’Malley has asked Darcy to marry him. She had gone speechless for several moments after the unexpected proposal, but her answer has become quite clear as the two are laying in bed, with only a sheet covering their bodies. Darcy is wrapped in O’Malley’s arms, smiling as she runs her hand along his chest, and he rubs her arm.

Darcy: I didn’t think we’d ever be here again. And I was scared to death I was going to lose you today…

O’Malley lets out a “Shhh” as Darcy starts to get emotional all over again, but neither moves. Neither wants to at this point.

O’Malley: I’m sorry I scared ye love. I see now how big a mistake that would have been, but I’m glad ye were there to stop me. And I can’t wait to make ge me wife.

Darcy: It’s what I’ve wanted for so long. Even when you were with...her...I always held out hope you’d come back to me. Something told me you would.

O’Malley goes quiet for a moment, but he looks deep in thought. Darcy looks panicked and looks up at him, thinking the worst.

Darcy: It’s...it’s too soon for you isn’t it? You’re regretting it now—

O’Malley once again Shhh’s Darcy, and she stops. He looks down at her and shakes his head.

O’Malley: No, I ain’t regretting it. She never truly loved me like ye do, Darcy. I meant it when I asked ye to marry me. And I meant it when I said I can’t wait. I don’t want to wait, Darc.

Darcy props herself up on to her elbow and looks at him surprised.

Darcy: What?

O’Malley: Ye heard me. I don’t want to wait. We should get married as soon as possible. Why should we wait?

Darcy: Why should we rush it, though? I’ve wanted us to get married for so long, but planning a wedding takes time.

O’Malley nods.

O’Malley: If ye want a bigger wedding, fine. I’ll try to be patient. But, who are we gonna invite at this point? Neither of our family is around, and everyone might be shocked at a surprise wedding outta nowhere. It’s yer call, love.

Darcy: I’m not saying I want a bigger wedding. This is just an unusual situation. What are we doing, O’Malley? What are you doing? Are you moving back to Ireland?

O’Malley takes in a deep breath and thinks. Darcy was right, they had so much to figure out.

O’Malley: An’ what if I don’t move back to Ireland? What if I decide to go back to America? When I came back to Ireland, I walked away from me son, and a wrestling career. Owen, I can’t do anything about. I think he’s better off without me right now, but somethin’ is tellin’ me that I ain’t done with wrestling yet…

Darcy raises an eyebrow.

Darcy: Wrestling? Are you serious? I thought that’s what...she...did? You’d really want to go back to America and go back to that?

O’Malley nods.

O’Malley: I’d like to, yes. But I want ye to come with me. If it means losin’ ye again, I won’t do it, but—

Darcy places her index finger on his lips, quieting him. She shakes her head and smiles at him.

Darcy: If it makes you happy, then I think you should stick with it. I’m not going to ask you to walk away from it and I’ll go wherever you go. On one condition…

O’Malley smiles.

O’Malley: Anythin’, love.

Darcy: I want us to get married here in Ireland. We don’t need a big wedding, but I think I could throw something together in as quick as a month. Think you can wait that long?

O’Malley: I dunno. That sounds like a deal breaker to me…

O’Malley cracks a smile and chuckles as Darcy smacks him playfully.

O’Malley: I’m only kiddin’, love. We’ll make it happen as soon as we can, but ye got yerself a deal.

Darcy smiles and O’Malley leans down, kissing her. When Darcy pulls back, she looks up into his eyes, smiling from ear to ear.

Darcy: I love you so much, Shane Finnegan O’Malley.

O’Malley: Gah! Ye used me full name, love! Don’t do that again!

Darcy bursts out laughing and rolls back over onto her back. O’Malley rolls on top of her and she starts laughing again as the two start planning their future together.

Friday July 31st
Fan Q&A- From A Distance!
Hosted By Pussy Willow

The camera opens up on board the Sun Princess Cruise liner. A stage is set up on the upper deck, with two chairs spaced six feet apart. Pussy Willow is seated in one of the chairs, a microphone in her hand, with her left leg crossed over her right. She is wearing a sleeveless form fitting red dress and a pair of fancy sunglasses as the sun beats down on her. A minimal crowd is present, made up of only SCU, SCW and GRIME Staff members. Pussy Willow looks into the camera and smiles.

PW: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome to this very special and modified version of our fan Q&A session! Recently you, the fans, were asked to submit your questions you have for my guest today, and he’s about to join us and answer several of those questions.

The staff members in attendance clap and cheer as Pussy Willow continues to smile into the camera. She holds up a pile of index card, each one of them containing a different question.

PW: So without further delay, allow me to introduce my guest for today. He is a GO Gym graduate. Current SCU Underground Champion, and this Sunday he hopes to walk away with his very first SCW title as he challenges for the Roulette Championship. Please welcome…O’Malley!

O’Malley’s music starts to play on a sound system set up just beyond the stage. O’Malley walks onto the stage from the right, and heads over to the empty chair, grabbing his microphone. He’s wearing one of his signature t-shirts with the sleeves removed, and a pair of black shorts and a pair of shades over his eyes. He looks to Pussy and smiles as his music finally fades.

PW: Hello, O’Malley. Thank you for joining me today.

O’Malley: Afternoon, love. I’d say yer welcome, but...I wasn’t given much of a choice, was I?

Pussy frowns and O’Malley chuckles.

PW: While that might be true, I’d like to think you are at least starting to enjoy these interviews. You seem in a much better mood these days, which is a nice change of pace.

O’Malley: I’m only kiddin’ ye, love. I mean no disrespect. Honest. I’m the Underground Champ, and soon to be Roulette Champ so I need to put in the work with no complaints, am I right?

Pussy nods.

PW: That is very true. That being said, we have several questions that were submitted and only a limited amount of time to get through as many as we can. So let’s get down to it, shall we?

O’Malley: Fire away, Pussy.

Pussy grabs the first index card, reading the question.

PW: Lindsey W. submitted the first question. After almost two years away, you returned to Sin City but in the Underground brand. Why Underground, when you’d already been on the Sin City Wrestling roster previously?

O’Malley nods and thinks of his answer.

O’Malley: Decent question, and the answer is quite simple. I wanted to start out slow when I came back. I didn’t want to just jump into the big leagues again, so to speak, so I started out there. Me first run in SCW wasn’t really much of anythin’, and I was lookin’ fer a better run this time. SCU was me chance to do that, and I think I made the right call. That and Gabriel might have suggested it…

O’Malley grins and shrugs, looking back to Pussy. She sets the previous question off to the side, moving on to the next one.

PW: Excellent question and answer. The next question comes from Lukas T. He says, you’ve always gone by your last name. What is your first name and will you ever start being called by it again?

O’Malley laughs awkwardly and shakes his head.

O’Malley: The only people who need to know me real first name, know it. The entire company and the fan base doesn’t need to know it. So to answer the second part of that question, no. I’ve got no plans on ever answerin’ to me first name ever again. Pretty simple really.

PW: Something tells me a certain someone watching from just offstage knows what your full name is?

O’Malley turns and glances off stage where Darcy is apparently standing, watching on from a distance.

O’Malley: Of course she knows, but she ain’t gonna tell anyone. Move on to the next question.

Pussy laughs and lifts the next card up, reading the question. She grins and laughs again.

PW: I doubt you’ll answer this one either, but here goes. Morgan P. wants to know if you and Darcy have any plans on getting married?

Pussy immediately puts the card in the discard pile, thinking O’Malley will refuse to answer it. O’Malley glances off stage to Darcy and they exchange a quick nod before be turns his attention back to Pussy and the camera.

O’Malley: Funny ye should ask that Morgan, because I’ve got a honest answer fer that one. The truth is, and this will come as a shock to everyone, but Darcy an’ I are already married. Darcy is already Mrs. O’Malley, so all ye haters who were hopin’ we’d break up...it ain’t gonna happen.

Several staff members gasp at hearing his news, and even Pussy Willow’s jaw drops.

PW: Wait...what? You two got married? Well…I guess congratulations are in order.

O’Malley: A little late on the congratulations. We just celebrated our two year anniversary. Or...we tried to until Ben Jordan and Max Burke acted like a couple o’ arseholes and tried to ruin it.

Pussy Willow’s jaw drops again and she scratches her head, trying to work out the math.

PW: You said...two years? Well...that’s an interesting development. I’m surprised you were able to keep it a secret for so long. Or why you’d even want to.

O’Malley: Because it was no one else’s business. I knew I’d get judged if I told the truth sooner, because Misty wasn’t even dead a year when we got married. But the fact of the matter is, it’s my life. It’s Darcy’s life. It’s OUR life. I don’t need to explain meself to anyone.

Pussy Willow nods and processes the entire development before she moves on. The next question brings a smile to her face.

PW: Next question should be interesting. Jamie R. asks, what is it like being trained and mentored by Gabriel and Odette Stevens? Gabriel seems like he’d be a pretty cool mentor.

O’Malley chuckles and nods slowly. He rubs his chin, thinking over the answer carefully.

O’Malley: Cool is one way to put it, but Gabriel and Odette are great. They’re supportive, but they also work us to the bone because they know how much work needs to be put in to get somewhere in this business. It ain’t all fun and games. We’ve all put our blood sweat and tears into what we do, and I’m thankful to have mentors like the both of them.

PW: Very well said. And if I may add to that, I think we were all pretty surprised that you didn’t choose Staggs Dungeon as your training grounds. Both, of course, come highly recommended.

O’Malley nods and grins.

O’Malley: I’d have done well in Staggs Dungeon, too. But there was a bit of a personal connection there, due to Misty’s relationship with the Staggs family. I know it shouldn’t have mattered, but I stand by my choice of the GO Gym.

Pussy Willow pulls another card from the pile .

PW: This next question is about Supernova. Aidan Q. wants to know how you feel about your upcoming title defense against Mark Cross on Saturday, and also what your thoughts are on that match being the third match of the night versus higher up on the card?

O’Malley’s expression sours and he looks more agitated at this question.

O’Malley: I was expecting a question like that, and there it is. And, look, it ain’t a secret that I’m not a fan of Mark Cross. Don’t think I ever will be, either. Am I surprised they’re giving him a shot at my title? Nah, of course not. How do I feel about it, though? I don’t like it, but if it means provin’ to him that I have what it takes to beat him, and that I deserve to hold the Underground Championship, then I’m all fer it. It don’t matter to me where on the card it’s at. I’ll still be champ no matter what. And Supernova is one stacked card, so I can’t complain much.

Pussy Willow slides the last question in the discard pile and moves on to the next.

PW: Jenna J. wants to know what your plans are following Summer XXXtreme should you retain the Underground Championship at Supernova and become the new Roulette Champion? Anyone in particular you would like to see as your first challenger?

O’Malley: Well, I know I’ll be payin’ close attention to El Dark, MAV and Miles Kasey because I know it’s gonna be one of them. If I had to guess who, I’d imagine MAV, because he’s the only one I’ve seen much of anything from recently. El Dark can’t win shite, and he’s been radio silent recently. Miles Kasey? Don’t know much about him, but I’ll find out if and when I need to. As fer who I’d like to see challenge me first when I win? A certain King Fer A Day winner has me interested because I haven’t gotten over that win he got last month at Into The Void. I’d love to see what I could do in the Roulette stipulations against him.

PW: Very interesting answer. One that I’m sure Jack Washington might be interested to hear. I think we have time for one more question.

O’Malley nods as Pussy Willow looks through the last remain cards, choosing which question would be best suited for the final one. She grins as she chooses one and sets the other cards down.

PW: I think this final question is one we’ve all been curious about. It was submitted by an anonymous user and they want to know what brand of eyeliner...Er, guyliner...you wear?

Laughter ensues, but O’Malley rolls his eyes.

O’Malley: Fer christ’ sake! I don’t wear eyeliner! And anonymous me arse! I have a sneakin’ suspicion of who submitted that shite. Give it a rest, people. I don’t wear eyeliner!

Pussy Willow pulls her shades down and just glares at him over the top of her sunglasses. She just shakes her head before pulling them over her eyes once again and smiling.

PW: Mmhmm...Like we believe that, honey. Anyway, that’s all the time we have. O’Malley, thank you so much for answering all those questions. Sorry to those who we didn’t get a chance to answer. Don’t forget to tune into Supernova 3 tomorrow night, and Summer XXXtreme on Sunday to see O’Malley compete on both events as well as so much more! For Sin City Wrestling, I’m Pussy Willow! See you all soon!

O’Malley nods and gives a thumbs up into the camera. Clapping follows as well as a few cheers and whistles before the scene fades to black.

Well, well, well. Here we are. Just two days away from the big Summer XXXtreme event, and the annual Ultimate-X match over the pool, where meself and three other fellas will be fighting to walk out as the Roulette Champion. Everyone looks forward to the annual tradition and the chaos that follows a match such as this. In year’s past, from what I’ve seen in the archives, it’s always been six competitors in these matches, so just four of us is a change of pace.

This match...it’s new to me. I’ve been in ladder matches before, and from what I understand, it works in similar fashion with that added stipulation that if ye fall into the pool, yer eliminated. SCW wouldn’t b SCW if they didn’t make things that much more interesting, but I gotta say, I like me chances. Am I looking forward to this? Yes and no. I’m always up for a challenge, but the fact that I’ve gotta get through three other fellas, again, is rather annoying. But, I guess I should just shut me trap about that, because somethin’ tells me the more I bitch about it, the more it’ll keep happening. Am I right?

I think out of all of us in this match, I’m probably the only fella who really gives a damn about bein’ the champion. It seems to me that I’m the only one who truly wants it, and fer that reason, the odds lean more in me favor. Not tryna sound cocky, but it’s just observation and gut feeling. With a match as highly hyped as this Ultimate-X, ye gotta be more serious and what has happened so far with this one? Where me opponents are concerned, not a whole lot.

This is the second year in a row that Lachlan Kane has been booked in this match, and I hate to break it to him, but it’ll be the second year in a row he fails to win it. I was hopin’ the fella would make me eat me words against him last month after Into The Void, and hype this match a bit, but look like I’m left disappointed there. Not that I’m surprised at all. Fella has a track record, and he’s a bit predictable.

Oops...I better be careful what I say. I’d hate to have is friends come chargin’ at me again fer talkin’ shite. Then again, I hope Lachlan can fight his own damn battles this time. I want to respect Lachlan. I really do. But he seems like a bit of a...chicken shite? Maybe I’m wrong, though. He’s a decent wrestler an’ all, but it seems that when he’s handed a decent challenge, he just doesn’t put in the effort. Like he’d rather be anywhere but in that match. And despite all that, he keeps pluggin’ along. He keeps pushin’ forward like he stands a chance.

Hats of to ye, Lachlan. Yer not a quitter. But when is enough gonna be enough, fella? Do ye just not want to make it on a singles run? Would ye rather have yer wife by yer side, because that seems to be the only time ye really put in any effort. And the only time ye even stood a chance at winning a damn thing. I’m honestly not expectin’ much of anythin’ to come from ye, and it’s not just because of yer radio silence this entire week on the boat, but yer past habits that says it all.

I get it, Lachlan. Your thoughts on the match and yer opponent has no baring on what ye’ll do in the ring. At least, according to some folks. And maybe that’s true to an extent, but let me tell ye what it does have baring on and what it does show. It goes to show yer desire to be here and yer respect for yer opponents and yer bosses. As a competitor in SCW and even a champion, which is what yer wanting to become, yer expected to show up and be a feckin’ champion. Speak out. Do something. Be better. What the hell do ye expect to accomplish by just pluggin’ along the way ye have been. Nothin’, fella. Absolutely nothin’.

And that goes fer ye as well, Stephen Callaway. As much as I’d like to say Lachlan has a better chance at winnin’ this as ye do, I’m not so sure about that one. Ye’ve at least got the decency to show some determination to win. Some self-confidence. But what ye lack big time, is the desire to care. And respect fer the company ye work for.

How much longer ye gonna be around, Stephen. Ye said it yerself. As soon as ye could, ye’s be feckin’ off outta here, because ye just don’t wanna be here. Yer usin’ the covid-19 situation as yer excuse on keepin’ ye here, but ye had the same attitude even before the virus was even a problem. And yer convinced that yer gonna win a title, and then magically disappear with it.

I know ye’d love to do that, Stephen. But ye know what that makes ye? That makes ye one disrespect dickhead, and I was so glad to hear that ye don’t know how to swim. Bit of advice, Stephen. Don’t let something like that get out in the open when yer booked in a match like this, or when yer on a boat at all. Because if yer ass doesn’t fall into the pool, I think there are plenty of people who’d like to throw ye overboard and let ye sink to the bottom of the harbor.

I gotta say, yer words last week, they got a chuckle out of me, Stephen. They usually do because they’re so absurd, and ye didn’t disappoint. When I found out ye was in this match, I almost questioned it. It kinda baffled me, but then I really thought about it. I put meself in Mark and Christian’s shoes fer a moment, and I realized somethin’ that ye probably don’t. Nor do I think yer thick skull will even figure out at all, either. Management, as ye like to refer to them by, didn’t put ye in this match because they think ye earned it. They put ye in it to hopefully be the final nail on yer damn coffin here in SCW.

They don’t want to see some lackluster lazy piece of shite like ye as the Roulette Champion, and they certainly don’t want to see ye fight the World Heavyweight Champ at December 2 Dismember this year. They, and everyone else, want ye gone because ye just don’t bring in the cash fer them. No one gives a shite about Stephen Callaway. Yer a waste of roster space. The same can’t be said for Kedron Williams.

This match...this shoulda been one on one between me and Kedron. Lachlan already had his shot. And Stephen doesn’t deserve it. O’Malley vs Kedron woulda been a bigger draw, but as I said earlier, tradition and all. They had to find two other fellas to add to the match. Ain’t I right, Kedron? Don’t stand there and say anythin’ different because I know ye got no interest in fightin’ Lachlan and Stephen.

I’m not sure how I feel about what ye had to last week, Kedron. I mean, ye go from bein’ respectful and not paintin’ me out to be the terrible person, and champion, everyone else paints me out to be, to doin’ just that. Ye were all over the place, and I gotta ask...is it because ye know deep down, I’m gonna be the one who takes that Roulette Championship away from ye this Sunday? Ye’ve gotta show that, while ye don’t think I’m worthy or that it’ll happen, ye know it’s going to because I’m just better than ye are.

I find it funny that ye want to sit there and paint this picture of what ye think Darcy is to me, or what her purpose is by me side, yet can’t the similar be said about Rinoa? While she might not be as involved as Darcy, ultimately their rolls are the same. Loving and supportive wife.

Yes, I said wife. Just in case ye hadn’t hear the big reveal, but Darcy is me wife. She’s not some controllin’ mistress ordering me around or makin’ all the decisions fer me. Not that I expect ye to believe me, but hey...that’s on ye, Kedron. But don’t dare try to judge me or Darcy, when I’m sure if roles were reversed, ye’s understand a little better.

Out of everyone, Kedron, I thought ye would understand what I did to Ben Jordan. Ye had yer spat with him. Ye pushed him to the limit with yer mind games and whatever else it is that ye do, and fer a second, I thought ye had him. But ye failed, Kedron. And yer just pissed because despite everything he did to Ben, I managed to get the better of him, and ye didn’t. Ye wasted all of that nonsense.

I don’t need to keep defending what I did. I’m sure that sooner or later, Benny Boy an’ I will square off in that ring again, and I’ll prove once and fer all that I can beat him. But this ain’t about Ben, is it. This ain’t about the World Heavyweight Championship. This is about that Roulette Championship because it’s the next step in achieving greatness. Somethin’ he won’t quite achieve.

What are ye gonna do after this, Kedron? After ye lose? Are ye gonna stick around and keep up with yer career, or are ye gonna tuck yer tail between yer legs and just...vanish? Are ye gonna let this impending loss embarrass ye so much ye’ve gotta run away? I bet ye will. And ye have the nerve to say shite about my character because I don’t play along the same games as me fellow GO Gym graduates.

I may be from the GO Gym, but that don’t mean I have to play by the same rules, or be exactly like the rest of them. This is my career, Kedron. Plain and simple, and no matter how long it takes, I will be known as the brightest star to ever graduate out of the GO Gym, and it has nothin’ to do with jealousy or whatever ye might thing.

It’s about determination. It’s about confidence. It’s about lookin’ to the future. I ain’t gettin’ any younger. Physically speaking, I’m at the best shape of me life, but that could all change in the blink of an eye. So I’m doin’ whatever I need to do, to be the best I can be every step of the way. Have I made mistakes? Sure. But I know what I need to do now. And I’m gonna do it.

This Sunday at Summer XXXtreme, I’m walkin’ into that match as justa challenger with nothin’ to lose but me pride. But I’ll be walkin’ out a star, and with the Roulette Championship in my grasp. And for months to come, I plan on defendin’ that title and bein’ the best Roulette Champion SCW has ever seen.

I’m not gonna try me best. I’m gonna do me best.

And I’m gonna win.

See ye Sunday, fellas. I hope yer all ready to go for swim!

>

Offline Son of Salem

• View Profile
    • Kedron Williams
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 11:34:36 PM »

Las Vegas, Nevada - Saxon Hotel

Kedron Williams: Rinoa, aren’t you overreacting? Just a little?

Kedron stood at the forefront of their hotel room, next to the open door but their combined luggage packed and at his feet. With his hand on the door handle, the door itself was wide open and he stared after his wife, a look of both amused exasperation as well as expectation on his otherworldly handsome features. And the reason for his amusement was obvious as Seated on the bed, was his aforementioned wife, Rinoa, and all three of her babies, the sphynx cats Cleopatra, Isis and Achilles, crawling all over her lap and nuzzling up against her as she gave them affectionate cuddles and scratches.

Rinoa ran her fingertips gently down the back of Achilles, and when her painted nails touched the base tip of his tail, his tail popped up right in an almost comical hook while the two females worked to get in their own attention from their mistress, as if they knew they wouldn't see her for a while. Rinoa looked up to her husband with something of a sad smile on her face, her bottom lip jetting out just a fraction.

Rinoa Williams: I can't help it. You know that I have never separated from them for as long as we're to be away. I’m worried.

Hotel employee: Don’t be, ma'am. I'll make sure your three little ones are well looked after!

Yes, there was a third party in the room of the human nature. A veteran employee of the hotel, and older woman with dark skin and an ample waistline, her hair just beginning to show signs of her age with a slightly silver tinge. She had a kindly face and an even more so disposition, her hands clasped together in front of her ample waistline, she could read that this separation would be difficult for the lady, and she wanted to make it as easy as possible for her, and especially her husband who she knew would be dealing with the separation anxiety indirectly.

Hotel employee: I do so love animals, especially cats. Although I have to admit I haven't ever seen cats like yours before.

Not such a surprising sentiment, as Sphynx cats, or commonly referred to as ‘hairless cats,’ we're not as common as your average feed line. Nor were they as adored. It took a unique heart and an open mind to care for one of these creatures, both of which Rinoa had in abundance. Still, the older woman looked to alleviate the anxiety that Rinoa was experiencing.

Hotel employee: Still, they are beautiful. There are plenty of us staying behind here at the hotel to care for your fur babies as if they were our own.

Kedron all but had an unsympathetic smile on his face as he gave this employee a sidelong glance.

Kedron Williams: You might find handling these three a particular adventure in itself.

And to this, the employee surprised both of the Williams with a hearty laugh.

Hotel employee:Ooh trust me! There isn't an employee of this hotel that hasn't heard a little bit about these three. The hotel management warned us if they were seen hunting about the Halls, not to approach them for a pet or to herd them back into the room. One concierge try to pick one of them up…

Rinoa sighed, her eyes closed.

Rinoa Williams: Yes, I had heard about that. My sincerest apologies.

The employee only smiled and held up her hand, forestalling the apology.

Hotel employee: Absolutely no need for that. Anyone with a lick of sense in their head should know not to approach a strange animal so carelessly. But I work with animals at the shelter when I'm not working here. So I am certain that your three babies will be just fine.

And that was all Kedron had to hear, despite the fact that personally he had his own reservations about the care the cats would receive or how they would react mentally to being separated from his wife for such a lengthy amount of time. True, it was for only a week, but Rinoa and the three cats were nigh on Inseparable, a package deal from the day he had gifted them to her on her birthday. Just don't tell anyone he had his own concerns and all will be well.

Kedron Williams: Rinoa, we have to go. The bus taking everyone to LA is boarding.

With a sigh of heartbroken resignation, Rinoa picked Isis up from off of her lap and set her gently on the bed, and then stood herself. The eyes of all three cats followed her as she approached Kedron and the door to the hotel, scooping up one of the pieces of luggage while her husband grabbed the other three The moment she set foot outside into the hallway, all three cats jumped down to the carpeting floor and made to follow, only for the door to shut behind their mistress, effectively separating them.

The hotel employee smiled sympathetically, bringing over at the waist to address the cats as if she believed they could understand her.

Hotel employee: Now don't you worry! Your mama we'll be back before you know it!

And all three cats' heads turned as one to stare at the employee, and a guttural growl rose up from the back of their collective throats.

>

Kedron Williams: Ah, here we are! The final gauntlet between myself and 3 up starts who want to take what I have. Three men who the higher-ups obviously believed have what it takes to pose a threat, but exactly what kind of threat can they be in a situation where the biggest enemy is gravity itself? I still have my doubts as to the legitimacy of this type of Championship defense, but as I stated before, it is tradition. And traditions AR upheld, no matter what.”

“The awkward part of this entire process is having to talk about all three men once again without repeating what I've already said. I've never been much for repeating myself, even in casual conversation when apparently it seemed someone was not listening. Which leaves me to ponder the question as to whether or not the three of you paid any attention to my own words last week. I sincerely hope so because if you look to me and ask me what I had said.”

“Let's start with you O'Malley. The most successful of the bunch, the man who questioned my legitimacy as a fearsome competitor because, as he claimed, I could not defeat Ben Jordan. While it is true I did not come out on the top in the end of our little story drive already, my record against him was also not without its due. Perhaps if you had done your research a little bit better, you would have seen that I did, in fact, score of victory over him. A clean Victory, which is cheaper going to be perfectly blunt my fine man, is far more than you manage to accomplish against him. I did not need to sneak attack him from behind with a championship belt to the back of the head. I did not need to wait until he had already competed in a grueling World title match or ice truck. No, I pinned him in the ring.”

“Into the Void VIII. Remember, O’Malley? Oh no, that’s right. You had disappeared, off somewhere playing the role of family man. Oh wait, no. That's not right either, is it? You were simply gone. Vanished off the face of the Earth without a care. And when I say without a care, I'm not referring to anybody else but yourself. You banished, and nobody cared. The only reason you're back now? Is this insatiable need to prove yourself, to put yourself out there and try to lay claim to being the best student that Gabriel and Odette Stevens have put out. Only thing is, you are so far behind your peers that your attempts and claims are laughable -- at best! You talk down to whoever stands before you, turning a blind eye to your own faults.”

“Defeat Ben Jordan cleanly, face to face like a man, O’Malley. Then we’ll talk about who can or will accomplish what.”

“Stephen, you yourself really aren’t worth much time to focus on, as I’ve seen video game enemies that were bigger threats than what you pose. You know you are really starting to sound like a broken record, correct? You constantly tell everyone how you are in Sin City wrestling, but you also tell everyone that the moment travel restrictions are lifted, you are leaving. And you say this... Every. Single. Time! And truth be told, it is getting old. Very, old? The only thing this proves, is that you're a quitter. And you show no loyalty to the place that gave you a chance. You walked into here with high expectations for yourself, living off your past Glory. But the moment you found out that the competition here was a cut above wherever else you competed in your so-called storied career, you practically tuck your tail between your legs and got set to run! Well if that's how you are at the first sign of danger, then tuck away Stephen. Because danger is at its peak and it is staring you dead set in the eyes!”

“And I suppose the evening wouldn't mean much if I didn't at least mention my old friend Lachlan. Even though he hasn't had the grace to show his face and mention me, or the other two men in this match. Maybe his bravado after his loss to me was just that. And act. Perhaps Lachlan has finally understood that he is in well over his head, and without his white out there to save his skin, his chances of walking away from this match with the gold, let alone walking period, are absolutely at its worst. I mean, even Stephen has better odds at outlasting Lachlan because at least he sees fit to try! Which is more than what I can say about Lachlan, and to that, I admit i am sorely disappointed. A part of me had hoped that his title loss to me would have lit something of a fire within his breast, but at most we've only received a spark. A spark that will be handedly doused into non-existence when he is the first to hit that pool's water.”

“And the rest of you? “Inconsequential. The roulette Championship will stay where it is.
>

I believe Satan to exist for two reasons:

1- The Bible says so.
2- I've done business with Him.