Author Topic: Austin James Mercer (c) v Senor Vinnie  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Austin James Mercer (c) v Senor Vinnie
« on: July 19, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: 1 RP per week, 10,000 words max.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline SenorVinnie

• View Profile
    • Senor Vinnie
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 07:01:11 PM »
 ooc: Vinnie is going through a split personality situation and not to confuse people too much. Good Vinnie is the Senor Vinnie you know, Bad Vinnie is the split personality that is a bit differently.

Enjoy

Good Vinnie, Bad Vinnie…., who is the real Vinnie??? Part one

Flashback

It’s July 14th,  2020. We see Senor Vinnie in a hallway of SCW’s company psychiatrist, being sent over there by both Christian Underwood and Mark Ward after his rambling promo of Climax Control 274. Vinnie showcased symptoms of a split personality or to current psychological terms a Dissociative Identical Disorder. He is being accompanied by his partner in crime Bill Barnhart, a guarantee for the company to be assured that Vinnie would attend the psychological evaluation.

Good Vinnie: This is ridiculous Bill, I mean seriously?? A psychological evaluation??? For something I may or may not have said????

Bill looks up from his Bulldog weekly magazine that he had grabbed from the table next to their seats and looks up at Vinnie. Raising a curious eyebrow to the words that Vinnie had spoken, clearly not sharing the sentiment of Vinnie.

Bill: Uhm Vinnie, you know I will support you no matter what. I will tell the world that you are right, even when the proof is out there that you are not. But at Climax Control 274 you did made some remarkable comments.

Good Vinnie: Like what????

Bill: Well first of all, you wanted to apologize to Austin James Mercer for some apparent reason.

Vinnie smiles as he nods his head, for some reason he finds joy in these words that Bill had spoken

Good Vinnie: I know!! Those were heart breaking words weren’t they?? Explaining how I have issues expressing myself to others as that in my culture was never allowed when you are a man.

Bill looks at Vinnie with a look that makes Vinnie look back at him with some concern on his face.

Good Vinnie: Something wrong Bill??

Bill swallows a few times before looking at the door of the psychiatrist, hoping that it could lead to an intervention to distract Vinnie’s attention towards him. Sadly for Bill, the door remains closed for now.

Bill: Well…, I… err. Where do I begin???

Good Vinnie: Well at the start would be nice

Bill: Right…., well you see Vinnie. I believe you that you would be saying these words, but after you apologised you suddenly…. Well you said that you woke up that night.

Vinnie’s eyes widen, clearly he cannot remember anything of what Bill had just said to him. He remains quiet for a few moments before suddenly bursting out in laughter.

Good Vinnie: Now that’s a good one Bill, you are such a prank. You actually made me worry about what to come next.

Bill: No Vinnie, you were screaming at the camera as you directed your rage towards Austin. I…..

Vinnie holds his hand up high as a sign to make Bill stop talking.

Good Vinnie: Look Bill, perhaps you took my enthusiasm the wrong way. You see, me and Austin have had our issues I admit. Hell, we got off the wrong foot last year as he wanted to ruin my wedding. And I took that seriously, but I understand now that seeing he is a man that has the same issues of expressing his feelings towards others that we have a connection. That we have…

Bill’s eyes widen seemingly larger than satellite dishes.

Bill: A connection???!!!! What are you talking abougt???

Vinnie holds his hands up high, trying to calm down the sudden explosion from his fellow tag team partner.

Good Vinnie: You have to understand Bill, Austin is a loner. The same way I used to be before I wedded my beautiful wife. Now I can hear you think that he is a part of the Wolfs lair or whatever their little gang is called, thus making him always around other people right??

Bill hesitantly nods his head.

Bill: Right…. But…,

Vinnie cuts him off.

Good Vinnie: Exactly, just like you said Bill… BUT!!! There’s a problem within Austin that he wants to fight his battles alone. Gaining or regaining his justified needs on his own, there’s a simple comparison to be made why Austin is like this.

Bill: There is???

Good Vinnie: Well, I have one yes. But when I wanted to speak to Senor Underwood, he told me that I had to have my head checked out. Now for someone as less superior of a psyche like him, I understood why he felt the need to take my case elsewhere.

Bill: You do???

Vinnie looks at Bill for a few moments, making Bill feel even more awkward around him than he already did a few moments ago.

Good Vinnie:  You are quite questioning my stoop observations Bill, what is going on with you??? Don’t you realize that I am a rather superior intellect between me and Senor Underwood???

Bill swallows

Bill: (whispering) Vinnie, you do know he signs your pay checks right???

Vinnie nods his head in agreement and smiles, causing Bill to be concerned over the entire situation even more.

Good Vinnie: The fact that Senor Underwood is my boss and has the power to pay me or not, does not make him a superior man towards me Bill. I….

Suddenly the door opens and the psychiatrist walks out, he looks at the two gentleman and turns his head finally towards Vinnie.

Psychiatrist: Mr. Vinnie???

Vinnie nods his head and gets out of his seat, he tells Bill that he will be back soon and follows the psychiatrist to the inside. There we go into a break as the next few moments between he two men are just merely sharing some pleasantries in an attempt for the psychiatrist to get to know his possible future patient a bit better. It’s also the opportunity for the Sin City Wrestling company to make acommercial about the up and coming Summer XXXTreme VIII super show on the cruise ship. We come back after a while as we see Vinnie laying on the psychiatrist couch as the psychiatrist has grabbed his note book and start to write things down while Vinnie is awaiting the session between the two.

Good Vinnie: I want to thank you for the opportunity to have my brilliant mind being tested by someone who claims to have a doctorate in your field.

The psychiatrist looks up and raises an eyebrow.

Psychiatrist: According to that diploma on the wall I do have one Mr. Vinnie. I…

Vinnie places his hands behind his head and crosses his legs in an attempt to get more comfortable.

Good Vinnie: Now don’t get me wrong I am fully aware that you got yourself an online degree at a local university somewhere in Atlanta. But that does not make you my equal good sir. I…,

Psychiatrist: I went to Harvard thank you.

Vinnie looks at the Psychiatrist with a look of being utterly confused.

Good Vinnie: So you are telling me that an online course of what?? Three weeks got you a deal with this company???

Psychiatrist: Actually I attended there for four yea…

Good Vinnie: (Interrupting) Now of course it would be an easy task to convince the two owners of this company with a photoshopped diploma from… errr…

He looks at the psychiatrist with a questionable look on his face

Psychiatrist: Harvard, I…

Good Vinnie: (interrupts again) Whatever, I mean seriously I should have not been here in the first place. Apparently I did something silly on Climax Control and the bosses wanted me to get my brain scanned by you or something.

Psychiatrist: Well in the defence of Mr. Underwood and Ward they…

Good Vinnie: (interrupting) All because I have a twitching neck muscle for some reason does not mean I am crazy you know!!

Psychiatrist: Didn’t you talk to a cactus???

Vinnie rolls his eyes and sighs.

Good Vinnie: Are you going to do the same thing that I have heard from the ring?? I mean seriously I guess being infected by the same idiots that talk about their wrestling issues, their family problems and who knows perhaps the alcoholism issues that apparently caused you to pick up some trash talking or something???

Psychiatrist: What???

Good Vinnie: You should be ashamed of yourself, I mean seriously. A man of your profession, should be standing above the whole bully at work situation. I am this close of picking up my cell phone and issue an investigation upon your profession.

Psychiatrist: Now hold a second, I….

Good Vinnie: No!!! you hold a second or thirty senor!!! I have been told that I resembled weird behaviour all my life. Having to swallow my pride when it came down to my friendship with Pete.

Psychiatrist: Who is Pete????

Vinnie’s eyes roll out of disbelief and raises his arms into the air.

Good Vinnie: That’s my amigo the cactus!! And I have had to consider the possibility that others may find it weird that I have a friendship with a wild plant, but that friendship has brought me so much more than just the occasional spine hug that I get from him. To me, these ignorant fools are just jealous!! Next to a dog, a cactus is truly a mans best friend you know!!!

Psychiatrist: Hmmm, interesting. Could you perhaps tell me more about this “friendship??”

Vinnie sighs and accepts the fact that if he is not there for several sessions, that his opportunity to face Austin James Mercer on Summer XXXTreme will be terminated. Obviously he cannot have that, but feels obligated to at least stick up against everything that is going on against him… or so at least he believes.

Good Vinnie: Fine…, what do you want to know??

Psychiatrist: How did you two become friends???

Good Vinnie: My gardener back in Tijuana planted him in his pot near my swimming pool and one day someone accidently pushed him in the water. I saved him from a near death.

The psychiatrist lowers his glasses for a few moments to look at Vinnie with a look of disbelief on his face.

Psychiatrist: How did you know he was in the pool in the first place??? Or did you accidently push him in yourself??

Good Vinnie: NO!!! Of course not!!! I was sunbathing while wearing my favourite sunblasses, when I suddenly heard a scream!! I looked around at first to see nobody react to it, not my gardener, not even my butler or maid. And yet I continued to hear him scream, followed up by a lot of gurgling.

Psychiatrist: Gurgling???

Good Vinnie: Yeah, Pete is allergic to chloride in the water, causes him to get a rash on his skin. Since that moment he is forced to wear a sombrero on the outside

Psychiatrist: A sombrero???

Vinnie nods his head

Good Vinnie: Si, you see. After that accident, he got the same skin issues an albino experiences. I sometimes tell him jokingly that he is the Bruce Banner of the plants, only he just does not turn into a green hulk. He turns into a white screaming little

Psychiatrist: Yes, yes. You made your point. But why did you decide to bring him with you??? You could have let him home you know???

Vinnie thinks about what is being said before shaking his head.

Good Vinnie: I could have, but it’s not wise to leave an albino like cactus in the middle of my home in Tijuana, Mexico senor. I mean seriously, do you have a death wish upon my amigo Pete?? He would not survive outside if it wasn’t for me. Besides, he has a girlfriend now.

This causes the psychiatrist to stop for a few moments, trying to let the words sink in.

Psychiatrist: A…. girlfriend?? You mean he has another cactus as for his girlfriend???

Vinnie shakes his head.

Good Vinnie: No, he used to though. But no, nowadays he is dating the dog from my tag team partner Bill Barnhart who accompanied me to visit you.

Psychiatrist: A…. dog??? Mr. Underwood did not tell me this about you, I guess this changes everything and we need to book more sessions with you. Maybe it would help if we invite Mr. Barnhart to this session, there’s no time to waste.

With that the psychiatrist opens the door and asks the unsuspected Bill Barnhart to join the session as he looks confused.

Bill: What did I do????

Bill finally enters the room as the shot fades to a commercial break.

Introduction

July 21st, 2020

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste

There’s a moment of silence, a soft raspy laugh can be heard from a dark room where only the screen of a smartphone can be seen. The camera zooms in on it as we are watching a moment of last year’s final super card December 2 Dismember IV’s main event match. There we see the moment where Austin James Mercer was about to send Vinnie into the far side of the cage walls, but holds on and sends him into the walls close to them. Causing Vinnie’s head to hit it awkwardly.

Voice:  Ouch…..

A voice speaks over the moment that just happened on the screen as we see Mercer then deliver the Mercenary kick and push aside Jacob Summers who wanted to check on Vinnie and covers him for the three count.

Voice: Do you remember that moment daddy???

A hand reaches for the phone and pauses that moment where we see a close up on Vinnie who had sustained a neck injury at that given moment. The hand remains hovering over the screen, shaking with anticipation and excitement.

Voice: This is the moment where Vinnie would curse you dad, where he would tell you that you had ruined his life. Where you took away the one object in his life that mattered to him, but me??? I thank you daddy…..,because that was the moment where I was created….

A soft groan escapes the mouth of the individual that we have now recognized to be Austin James Mercer’s opponent for Summer XXXTreme… Senor Vinnie, or Vinnie 2.0 as he preferred to name himself on the last episode of Climax Control

Bad Vinnie: Hi daddy, how are you?? I know this may come across as a shock to you on Climax Control, when I told the world that you were the one standing across the edge of the bed where I was born….. Of course I realize that there was no bed that saw the firstling that you ever created inside the wrestling ring… but that won’t stop me from using the metaphor of where all life emerge upon some proud parents isn’t it????

Vinnie’s fingers slowly rasp across the screen as the fingers almost seem to dig into the face of the broken down Senor Vinnie.

Bad Vinnie: I had to keep it a secret from Vinnie though dad, you know how he is. He is a blabbering idiot, a fool that takes everything he can get his pathetic hands on and use it as an excuse to get back at you. You see dad, I needed to find myself, to find the essence of why I am here?? To understand my purpose in life, to find love… only to realize that I never found it from the one I should have gotten from the moment that I got conceived…. Until that very moment where I allowed myself to show a tip of the iceberg…. Only to allow Vinnie to think that it was idea all along…

How simple it is to fool a fool isn’t it dad???

The hand has by now engulfed the entire smart phone and yanks it away from the shot of the camera that had panned all over it. The only thing that we can hear now is the sound of swift movements of placing it inside a pocket of assumingly his pants as the shot slowly starts to move towards where the sound came from. Causing a red glow to reveal the face of the man that claims to be a new born version of Senor Vinnie.

Bad Vinnie: It was the night where you successfully defended the Internet Title against Bill, you know Bill don’t you?? The night where I saw you in all your splendour, in all your glory and realized that I had to be there, that I had to look you in the eyes… only to see if I would see that same glee in your eyes that I saw for the very first time back in December… And you know something dad??? I already noticed that you were not the same man back then who I saw the very first time back in December.. What happened daddy??? Did you slay the bad man that haunted your dreams since August last year?? Did it make you go soft? Did you get satisfied and clenched your hunger for revenge, only to allow yourself to be knocked down….. by yours truly??

I had to admit, I was disappointed in you. It was as if I had seen a lion who once was hungry for anything that he could sink his teeth in to survive, only to have turned into an overweighed cat that loves to purr every time that you caress its back or feed his favourite dish. I realized at that moment that you were not the man that you had claimed to have been dad. Such a shame…., to realize that I am the son of a bastard dad…, not the other way around…

Vinnie shakes his head in disappointment, only to be followed up by a sinister smile as the corners of his mouth slowly rise up again.

Bad Vinnie: Perhaps I should have allowed my music to have started to play, perhaps you would have turned around and show that preparation for a fight that symbolizes who you are dad!! To showcase that no matter how tired you are, that you are always ready for more. But when I was about to slip through the curtains of the backstage area, I realized that you were never going to be ready for me, but for Senor Vinnie. The man that you lost the championship belt to…. Not the one that you created back in December… and you know why dad??

Because YOU never acknowledged me to begin with!! You never once came to visit me, never to ask how I was doing?? Never wanting to know how my progress was from December 15th to this very day!!!

The smile has slowly vanished and has changed into a look of disgust

Bad Vinnie: I have often thought to myself that you were too  busy, that one day you would walk through that stinking door and hold out your arms. Asking me for my forgiveness and telling me that you would make everything better, that you would work on our relationship from now on!! But you never did now didn’t you?? Oh no…, you were too stuck up on obtaining another championship… to bring back the respect that in your mind it had lost. To follow in the footsteps of some of the greats that has held that belt…. So I guess walking away from me was nothing more than a mere sacrifice that you were willing to take wasn’t it???

And don’t come with your excuses of that you didn’t know, or the fact that you don’t care. Because what kind of father are you to walk away from your responsibilities??? Responsibilities towards ME!!!

He digs his fingers inside his brain and starts to grunt, struggling to keep his teeth upon each other as he is trying to stifle an animalistic scream.

Bad Vinnie: N…. n…. no… stay away!!! It is now my time to talk you stupid Vinnie!!!!

His nails scratch into his skin, trying to resist the urges of the old Senor Vinnie to take over from him. We can see his face alter appearances as one moment a soft smile emerges as the other moment he lets out a scream of agony.

Good Vinnie: I don’t know why you are senor, but it is rather impolite to talk about me in such manner. I….

Vinnie snaps his head back and forth and some unclear insults are heard coming out of his mouth as he is in clear anguish.

Bad Vinnie: You don’t know who I am?? You are just as ignorant as Austin is!! I can’t believe that you guys hate each other!!!!

Vinnie runs towards a wall and wants to bash his head into it, but places his hands upon the wall just moments before he can do it.

Bad Vinnie: What are you doing you idiot!!!!

Good Vinnie: Protecting my handsome features senor, what else would I do???

The comment makes him laugh out loud, he drops to his knees and places his hands upon the ground while breathing heavy.

Bad Vinnie: The one thing I did always like about you Vinnie, your insatiable sense of humour. I guess that’s what you grow when you talk to a freaking plant!!!

His face changes demeaner as he answers “his” own question.

Good Vinnie: You know its very sad that you have to insult someone that is unable to defend himself. I…

Vinnie rolls over on his back, digging his fingers once again inside his skull and screams out loud.

Bad Vinnie: SHUT UP!!!! GET OUT OF MY STINKING HEAD!!!!!

After a few moments of Vinnie rolling around and arguing with his alter ego we finally see him stop as he leans on his hands and knees. His breathing slows down after a few moments and a smile emerges once more.

Good Vinnie: It’s a good thing I stopped this nonsense Austin. To hear some kid with a daddy issue get between our future match. A match where we go toe to toe, where we fight until the end to decide who will walk out Internet champion. Just imagine to see us square off in a rematch of last years main event…. And all because you wanted to walk away from your rematch clause….. why Austin?? Why did you walk away from your responsibilities???

Oh of course…, the path of redemption was upon your mind right?? You wanted to do the same thing that Kristjansson did… to battle everyone until you would get your shot once more. To be a better man, to be a better competitor… in the hope of one day getting face to face with the man that disgraced you right??? And let me ask you Austin, was it worth it??

He turns his head sideways and bites on his lower lip, resisting a final attempt of his bad Vinnie personification to take over from him. Vinnie swallows a few times after sensing the alter ego slipping away from him.

Good Vinnie: I can imagine that you were like me very disappointed to walk away not champion on December 15th last year, even though you were so happy like an orgasm on a 17 year old punk that Ben won the title… but were you Austin?? Were you truly happy?? Was the intention of you ending my reign and the intention to end my career enough for you to walk away satisfied?? I guess the sentiment of an eye for an eye holds quite well when it comes down to you huh Austin???

But did you ever considered the possibility that one day you would have to defend another belt again me?? At least the thought must have crossed your mind had it not?? Is that why you deliberately wanted to lower your very own expectations and take yourself upon a new direction?? Or are you just merely aware that you are not the man that I am???

A smele emerges upon his face, the smile that we have grown to see from Senor Vinnie over the years

Good Vinnie: We have a score to settle don’t we Austin?? You could not really expect from me to keep my distance the same way you did with me now did you?? The mere fact that we need this tie breaker to settle the score for once and for all makes it oh so mouth watering. The mere fact that we are going to wage war upon the same ship that had send you upon the walking plank into the deep end as if I were some Pirate named Jack Sparrow…. All because my compass was aiming at the right direction my friend, aiming for the one thing I wanted the most. And all you could wonder whether it was my wife to be…. Or the championship belt that was mine no matter what.

Of course I know you were hoping that it would have been my beautiful wife, the woman that to this very day still makes my heart jump from joy. But in the end, when it comes down to our profession even marriage can not stand in my way from obtaining what I truly desire most my amigo.

Vinnie spasms as his neck twitches and bites on his lower lip again, putting his hands upon his face and breathes through the gaps of his fingers in a Darth Vader way.

Bad Vinnie: What…… do…..

His head turns to the left

Good Vinnie: Stop talking!!!!

It turns back to the right as he continues to ask the question.

Bad Vinnie: desire the most Vinnie???

He drops to his knees and screams into the palms of his hands for a few moments before the breathing becomes normal once again.

Good Vinnie: Apologies for that interruption, but at least he did ask a valid question that concerns your listening ears Austin. What do I desire the most right now?? Outside the ring, my wife and her love for me. The fact that she is no longer on camera is a decision that I had made a long time ago to keep work and privacy separated. But inside this sport that made me who I am today?? To finalize that score between us Austin and walk away with he championship and your respect….

Bad Vinnie: Respect?? Is that all you are concerned about??  Fuck that championship, you want respect?? For Fuck sakes, if I wanted to listen to Dr. Phil, I would have bought the shopping network!! Because then I would need a shrink to keep me from losing it!!!!!

A sigh escapes Vinnie’s mouth as he slowly lifts his face up towards the camera.

Good Vinnie: You truly are a troubled soul my friend.

With that Vinnie’s two personalities  bicker on as we go to a commercial break.

Bill: Why did you get me involved in meeting that Psychiatrist Vinnie???

The two are working out in the local gym facility of their hotel, Bill just finished doing some reps with some dumbbells while Vinnie is doing some bench presses. Vinnie grabs his towel after finishing his final set and wipes off the sweat from his brow.

Good Vinnie: I didn’t told  the Psychiatrist to get you in the room Bill, I was just as surprised as you were.

Bill: Then what did you say to cause him to get me involved????

Good Vinnie: I only said that Pete is dating Iris, I mean what’s the problem in that???

Bill drops down on the mat behind him and shakes his head in disbelief.

Bill: Look Vinnie, I know you meant well. But a lot of people will think it’s weird that a dog is in love with a cactus. I mean seriously, even I had issues with it.

Good Vinnie: You had issues with it because you thought that Pete was a cut clear heart breaker.

Bill: Yes, but….,

Good Vinnie: Also him bringing food to the ring to distract you as well. But I have told Pete to stay away didn’t I???

Bill: You did, but…

Good Vinnie: Now I understand that this isn’t the norm according to a lot of people perhaps the entire world thinks that it is weird, but as long as these two are happy??

Bill: You are right, but you see….

Vinnie: I will call the psychiatrist right now and tell him that Pete is no longer dating Iris. I think that this will solve the case of you being a part of the talk sessions Bill.

Vinnie reches for the cell phone that is on the ground next to his water bottle as Bill stops him.

Bill: No use Vinnie, I have already been told that Iris will be attending dog psychology classes no matter what. They want to know why this dog loves your plant, even if you convince them they have split up they still want to get to the bottom of it all.

Vinnie’s finger is inches away from the call button, but does not press it after hearing what Bill had to say.

Good Vinnie: Iris also huh?? I had a phone call from some senorita named Pamela, that she is a plant whisperer. She wanted to investigate Pete, I guess SCW has people in all the right places.

Bill: It’s okay Vinnie, just next time try to think before you speak. It may help you stay out of trouble man.

Vinnie lets the words sink in what Bill is saying before shaking his head.

Good Vinnie: You know Bill, I understand what you are saying. And perhaps you have a point, but I am Senor Vinnie. I am the former World champion, I have done things my way my entire life. Why would I change now???

Bill: You don’t have to change Vinnie, but…

Vinnie snaps his head from left to right a few times, scratching his head before turning back to Bill and looks clueless.

Bill: You okay Vinnie???

Bad Vinnie: Where am I??? And why am I wearing this stupid sweatband???

His hands grab towards his head and yanks off the sweatband and stares at it, reading Pete the Cactus name and logo on it. He then tosses it to the ground as he looks at Bill who looks confused

Bill: You got that as a gift from Bea, as an early wedding anniversary gift. I…

Bad Vinnie: Oh great, another stupid gift for something that I did not even was a part off!!!

Bill: But uhm Vinnie??? You married your wife, I am confused.

Bad Vinnie: Look Bill, Vinnie married his wife. But I am not that Vinnie for crying out loud!!! I am the Vinnie that is going to take over this wrestling industry and starting off against

He snaps his head to the other side and then has a happy look on his face.

Good Vinnie: So what was I saying again Bill???

Bill: You err…,

Vinnie looks confused towards Bill, he then looks at the sweatband that “he” tossed to the ground earlier and picked it up

Good Vinnie: Hey, how did you get on the ground??? Did you pulled a quick one on me Bill???

He has a mocking smile upon his face before getting off the bench and walks towards the showers.

Good Vinnie: I’m done for today Bill, tell your wife that I love what she made for me.

Bill remains clueless, not sure what just happened as if he had seen two Vinnie’s. But yet he just can’t put his finger on it what exactly just happened. Vinnie enters the shower and during that moment has changed persona several times, fighting among himself what type of soap and shampoo he would be using while Bill listens on in the shower room next to Vinnie’s.

A few moments later we see Vinnie sitting down for an interview with Pussy Willow by the use of Skype. He is tapping his fingers while waiting for the connection to be made with Willow as Pete is on the table next to him.

Pete: …..

Good Vinnie: I know Pete, I promise that it won’t take too long. I know you have a date with Iris and I have promised Bill and Bea that I would chaperone this date tonight.

Pete: …….

Good Vinnie: Do you constantly have to remind me that Iris is going to wear her pink dog collar that you bought her?? I know you did and that it is her favourite of all the 25 you have bought her!!!

Pete: ……

Vinnie is about to say something when suddenly the skype connection is made and he hears the sound of a phone ringing.

Good Vinnie: Saved by the Bell Pete, but we will discuss about this later.

Voice: Discuss what???

Vinnie turns his attention to his laptop as we see that Willow has emerged upon his screen while smiling with a fake smile on her face.

Good Vinnie: Oh hi Willow, oh nothing special. Pete just told me for the ten thousand of time that he is taking Iris out and that she will be wearing a pink dog collar he bought her.

Willow: Ahh, that is… errr romantic I suppose???

Bad Vinnie: t’s downright pathetic!!!

Vinnie’s expression suddenly turns into one of utter shock

Good Vinnie: Did I just say that??

Willow looks at him with a puzzled look on her face

Willow: Well you did say it Vinnie, so I guess….

Good Vinnie: Yes I did, didn’t I?? I did say that, it must have been me and yet I cannot remember actually wanting to say that. Or did I??? I’m confused…, what was your question again Willow???

Willow: Err…, I haven’t asked anything yet Vin.

Good Vinnie: Ahh yes, I knew that. Right.., okay I am ready

Willow nods her head as she grabs the cards with questions written on them and stares at the camera of her laptop to address the crowd and Vinnie.

Willow: Welcome to Willow’s Peak. I am Pussy Willow and this week’s guest is none other than Senor Vinnie.

Vinnie waves at the camera of his laptop and smiles for being introduced.

Willow: Okay Vinnie, in two weeks you have a match against a man that you faced last year. How are you preparing for this match???

Vinnie taps his chin for a few moments, overthinking the question that was being asked and then smiles as if a lightbulb emerged above his head.

Good Vinnie: Well thank you for the great introduction Willow and to answer your question, I……

He blinks his eyes a few times before looking around and then stares at the camera.

Bad Vinnie: Who are you??? And what do you want from me???

Willow raises an eyebrow, but doesn’t think too much of it. Realizing that it is Senor Vinnie and he has pulled a prank on her several times, so she decides to continue the interview

Willow: Nice one Vin, but to those who just joined us. I am Pussy Willow and this weeks guest is none other than Senor Vinnie. Vinnie, I….

Vinnie’s head tosses and turns a few times before looking back at the camera.

Good Vinnie: You have already asked me that Willow, but to answer your question. I have studied Austin since winning that championship as well as remembering our classic match we had last year.

Willow who has ignored the sudden change in demeaner responds to his reaction.

Willow: Do you think having him beat for a championship already gives you a psychological advantage over Austin??? I….. you ok???

Willow stops midsentence as she noticed Vinnie twitch his eyes and notices a sinister smile.

Bad Vinnie; You mean daddy???

Willow: Err…, excuse me???

Bad Vinnie: You know, the man that is the internet champion. That allowed me to emerge upon Vinnie’s sensitive side and take over from time to time??? You know, the few times that I bumped into Austin AFTER his matches???

Willow: Err…, right I guess???

Vinnie groans after hearing the reaction from Willow.

Bad Vinnie: You were there weren’t you?? I mean after he beat Bill in a successful title defence, who ran in to beat down daddie???

Willow: Errr…, you did???

Bad Vinnie: That’s one correct answer Willow!! Please a serious question for 500 Alex!!!!

Willow stares at her computer screen for a few moments before realizing the Jeopardy reference that Vinnie has made and sighs before continuing her interview.

Willow; Vinnie, what will make this match so much differently than last years???

Bad Vinnie: Oh good one Einstein!! Seeing that it’s for the Internet championship instead of the worlds title??? Seriously, I wonder how Vinnie err how I could stand your for this long Willow?? Seriously, Vinnie… err I should have just blocked you from social media a long time ago!!!

Willow: I……,

She is quiet for a few moments.

Willow: Well you know something Vinnie?? If you answer these questions, you would make everything for me and ultimately yourself a lot easier instead of stretching it to the limit. Why do you think you will beat Austin for the title???

Bad Vinnie: You should say daddy Willow.

She rolls her eyes and sighs after giving up.

Willow: How do you plan on beating daddy at Summer XXXTReme???

Good Vinnie: You do realize I am facing Austin James Mercer right?? Not my father????

Willow: I…. wha???

The shot slowly fades with the puzzled look on her face

Good Vinnie: I don’t know what is going on with Willow, but you are far from being my father Austin. You may one day retire and be the best father you can be to your children at that point of your life. But uhm, don’t flatter yourself and Willows imagination by thinking that you can tell me when I can go to bed or not. This is really stupendous of Willow to throw me off guard by something that stupid of a question being asked. I seriously could not be more insulted by someone’s lack of respect and wisdom. But then again, that would be an issue for you to uphold huh Austin?? The same deadly and quiet boring promo, telling the world that I would be a disgrace to a championship that you brought back to the prestige of the promised land. Or at least something near to that

Bad Vinnie: What about Arkansas???

innie looks puzzled

Good Vinnie: Who said that?? Or did I watch too much reruns of Diana Ross’s The Wiz?? While she struts over the yellow brick road??? I mean seriously, what kind of sick freak would I be to make fun of myself???

You see Austin, even though I may be sometimes distracted by my own apparent choice of words, I am still more focused upon beating you for the second time in a row for a championship. Glorious occasion this would be huh?? Too bad I could not redo my wedding vows this year as a one year anniversary. But I am positive that Valora would get seasick merely by the thought of seeing dolphins jump out of the ocean to catch some fresh air.

But enough about that, its about you and me Austin. One more time, singlehandedly the most talked about rematch in… err well since last year. And I could have been the better man, but nooooooooooooooo. You had to try to ruin my career by…. ARRGHHH!!!!!

He digs his fingers inside his skull once again, we hear some profanity from left to right until he sighs and becomes calm once more.

Bad Vinnie: I’m sorry dad, but I had to put the fool on mute for a second. It just got me so annoyed over his rambling without ever attempting to get to the point!! A trade I picked up from you on December 2 Dismember dad. And you know what?? Even though I love how you man handled a moron like that. But it also made me think. Will that be me as well dad?? If our historical encounters may repeat once we emerge in December 2020?? Will it be another Decembe r2 Dismmenber?? Where you will try to resort to desperation??? To on one side create me, but also by breaking down Vinnie you ultimately would want to destroy me too???

You know this was a real eye opener for me, just this moment dad. I just had an ep.. an epi… like I said an eye opener!!!

He growls as he could not find the right way to pronounce the word epiphany. He grinds his teeth as he is clearly upset.

Bad Vinnie: YOU are just like any other bully that wanted to get his way!!! Oh and don’t start with saying that this isn’t part of a gimmick or that I am that crazy to imitate a split personality!!! Quite frankly, I never had the flexibility to end up with my legs in a split on the ground. I would break a spleen and who knows what else???

He snaps his head from left to right and shakes off the cobwebs as his face turned back to “normal” once more.

Good Vinnie: I realloy need to start drinking decafe instead of normal coffee. I don’t know why Pete always told me that real coffee beans are so much better. I….

Austin right???

The camera lifts itself up from top to bottom as in saying yes.

Good Vinnie; I knew that there was something missing, I just never knew it would be you Austin. But now that we are here together for another cruise ship extravaganza. I want to know, are you nervous???

I mean you could very well be the only Wolfslair member without a championship belt aftet he night is over. Granted, you could also be the only one that will…., oh fuck I go cross eyed once again right???

He slaps himself against the side of his face.

Bad Vinnie: Maybe I should ask Christian Underwood if I could put an insurance policy upon me every time that this lunatic tries to meddle in my business!!! But now that I have dumped all the distractions outside my head dad!!! I am going to keep the very best for later. I mean seriously dad, I have to share so much with me. How often I had to pee when I was at that state in my life where my bladder issues and I did not had any diapers left. Or the one moment that I had to willingly watch you try to interfere in Vinnie’s match and failed. But I know that once you fail, you try again but harder right??? So predictable dad, I almost start to think that I do not even know you, but that’s obvious since you did not join me for a father son moment… like throwing the ball, or fishing in the earloy hours of the morning. Catch a ball, run with the dog that we do not have. I have so much possibilities that it seems that my career is endless.

Isn’t that ironic huh dad?? That yours may come to an abrupt end whereas mine is just getting started. But I will not be the Vinnie you knew dad, I am the Vinnie I should have been all along. So until that moment comes that you have to look into mine to get who I truly am, but I warn ya. Once you find out, it’s already too late. But I am going to make it easy on you dad, I will allow you to digest and respond. Just like the MAN you claim to be… only for me to bash down every single essence that you are next week. Until then Dad…, happy belated father’s day…. Asshole.

With that Vinnie waves smiling while the shot slowly fades.

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 08:02:11 PM »

Demons
New York, New York
7 Days Ago

It had been a day or two since they had arrived home. Austin deciding not to stay in Vegas now they could travel, having things that needed attending too back home in New York. He had spent the last 3 days at Wolfslair, but now he stood in his garage tinkering with a few things, mindless work, things he didn’t need to do. But it kept him out of the house, away from Lisa. Austin loved his wife, he loved her with all his heart but he needed to get in that mindspace. So he wouldn’t  let her down, like he had let his son and daughter down last time. Lisa had smiled and held him, told him that she was still very proud.

But there was this speck in Austins stomach. Doubt and anger. It had stayed there festering since he found out he was facing Vinnie. He had been around the others, Alicia and Alex, Alicia was chasing her title, Alex and Johanna were getting ready to defend their titles. But this affected Austin, this made everything he did seem so small. He had goals, he had ideas, he put his heart into all of it. And even in loss he had a smile on his face. In adversity he also smiled.

Only this time, the smile was fake.

He had plastered it on his face while he clapped along when Vinnie beat him the first time, he had it on when walking up the ramp after being attacked by Vinnie to set this up. It had been there for the world to see. For his family to see, for the fans to see. But beneath it was an anger festering and turning that had broken the last part of him. Maybe Alex had been right this whole time. Maybe talent and size could only get you so far before a selfish killer instinct needed to be brought out and used. Austin growled under his breath as he stood in front of the old wooden workbench on the empty side of his double garage. His car sitting on the other side, shining as the sun came in from the small window to the side.

His hands grasped the wood, tightened on it, he felt the anger build and build, his hand clutching a small piece of wood as he had the urge to throw it.

”Austin?” Lisa, her sweet voice cutting through the anger as he let the wood go, his head turned to find her standing in the doorway, their small daughter in her arms. All the anger faded away as he smiled back at them. His beautiful wife, her long hair dyed a platinum silver, her tattoos up and down her arms that told a story, her bright green eyes then seemed to light up whenever she saw the kids or him. And there, in her arms his daughter. Mia. She had grown so much. Her face starting to resemble her mother. Her hair filled with dirty blond curls. Was that Lisa’s natural hair color?

Austin stepped forward, his eyes meeting Lisas before he leaned down and kissed Mia on the forehead. His daughter letting out a small giggle as Austin put his hand on her head. He looked into Lisa’s eyes again and leaned in kissing her. All the anger he had flooded away. This is what stopped him from becoming like his father, this is what stopped him from going down that road. A road that Alex too had walked but had restrained himself from.

”I love you…”

And that was all that needed to be said, Lisa just smiled and leaned forward putting her head on Austins huge chest, Mia just staring at her parents, their son Markus playing just inside on the floor. He would make them proud again. He would defeat his demons…

New York City, Last Year.
A few days after Summer XXXtreme 2019

”Now, raise your arm and rotate”

He gave a grunt, pushing his left arm in the air, rotating his shoulder up and around and down, before doing it again and going backwards, an older woman with her hair tied in a bun wearing light blue scrubs stands behind him, her hand on his shoulder blade and the other clamped near his collarbone. Austin sighed as she manipulated his arm and studied the way the joints moved, the way the muscles tensed.

He had been away from the ring too long, but it had been a blessing in disguise. While not injured in any significant way the toll of being the champion was obvious on Austin’s body, media commitments,training seminars, the matches themselves. He had taken on anyone who SCW asked, defended the title and fought everyone in his way. And the bruises and nagging pain had needed to be taken care of.

So that is exactly what Austin had done.

He had taken a step back, But Austin hated it. It flared inside, it turned his stomach and even though he needed the time away he wanted competition. He wanted to be back in the ring. ”Arm down please” He stood up, adjusted his shirt and gave a small nod as the doctor moved around and grabbed a pen scribbling around in a file.

”All good?” His voice boomed, he stood over the doctor by at least a foot and a half, she sighed and looked over at him with a small nod.

”Your shoulder is stable and strong, you needed the physical therapy, keep going your stretches and you won’t have any problems.” He smirked and gave a small nod turning and grabbing his jacket moving out into the hallway.He moved out to the door feeling his phone vibrate, Austin sighed and pulled his phone out reading the message, his eyes widened and he let out a small sigh. His eyes moved across the words reading them under his breath with a shake of the head. It was from his sister Amy.

Aus, we need to talk. Back in New York. I love you

He hadn’t seen her in years. Amy went off to find herself. She hadn’t even come back for their father’s funeral. He stood outside the doctors office, his hand gripping his phone as he stared off for what seemed to be an eternity before snapping out of it. He typed a message back as fast as he could before sending. His mind moving a million miles an hour. A buzz again, this time from SCW HR

A smirk flashed across his lips, he replied with a smile.

It was time to go back to work…..

History repeats...sometimes

The screen flickered, the stream buffered. It seemed like not even Austins internet connection wanted to replay it. But there on the screen was Summer XXXtreme 2019. The world heavyweight title match. Austin and Vinnie going toe to toe. Two large men throwing bombs at one another. This was the first time Austin had watched the match. The first time he could bring himself to see his lose, his greatest failure. And the night where the World title slipped from his grasp.

”Eleven months ago, Vinnie and I stepped into the ring on the sun princess cruise. In the main event of Summer XXXtreme and I put my world title on the line. I was arrogant, I was so sure that Vinnie would fail that I went in with a clouded mind. See, I had been at the top of my game. I had turned a corner and I was living up to that potential that everyone said I had. And maybe the rise was too fast. I had always found myself rising through the ranks in companies. I did it at Honor the first time, WWH, Shoot Society, XHF, Honor again. I had always been able to scratch and claw my way to the top.”

“But this was different. This was a massive achievement. I had stood tall as the Sin City Wrestling world champion. I had beaten a man who many considered to be the best pure athlete and most natural warrior in SCW. Someone Vinnie failed to beat, someone Ty West and Alex failed to beat. I beat Fenris and took a title many thought was going to stay around his waist for years. Maybe even decades. But, I had done it, I had ended his reign and become the champion.”

“I was ready and willing to face anyone and everyone to defend it. And for five months, 154 days I was the top dog in SCW and I represented this company to the best of my ability.”

“But, Summer XXXtreme last year. All of that came crashing down around me. And I was left with this black hole, and an angry, empty feeling. For months afterwards I was just not myself. I wasn’t the usual smiling, happy, honorable Austin. I wasn’t the guy who beat Fenris, I wasn’t the guy who defended the title against tree of the best wrestlers on this planet. I wasn’t the guy people had come to respect. In fact I started becoming the guy Jake told everyone I was. And I wasn’t proud of that fact. See, I let the loss affect me in ways that broke me. Instead of taking the loss and using it as fuel to get better, I let it make me into something, someone I hated.”

The stream continues, Vinnie holds up the SCW title, the camera goes in on Austin sitting in the corner staring at Vinnie, he slowly claps, Vinnie’s music plays. The fans were into it. Austin now smiles sitting in his chair with a shake of his head. His hands slowly coming together after pausing the stream right on a picture of Vinnie getting the title put around his waist. Austin clears his throat sitting forward staring closely for a few moments in silence.

”I don’t blame Vinnie. See, It was all on me. It was my decision and my inability to deal with the loss. When I lost the WWH Hellsgate title I shrugged it off, I knew I was leaving that company anyway. When I lost the Honor title it was more anger than sadness. I felt wronged because I lost the title without even being pinned. But this. This was a sadness I had never felt before. And it took me a long time to not only get over it but understand why it affected me so much. It’s because unlike other losses where I have been beaten by shenanigans, which made me angry, or ones where I have been beaten fair and square by the better man, which I accepted, the loss to you Vinnie...was a match I SHOULD have won.”

Austin pushes off the arms of the black leather chair to his feet, he moves across the floor of his office, he flicks the light on to reveal the large TV sitting up high in front of the chair, but around it was magazines, contracts and assorted merch from Wolfslair. Up on his wall was a trophy case with replicas of all his wrestling titles. He smiled and looked through the plexiglass at them, his eyes centering on the SCW world and internet titles sitting side by side.

”I don’t mean to shit on your title win Vinnie. You did beat me fair and square. You walked into Summer XXXtreme with a plan and you executed it. You deserved to be the champion. I won’t take that away from you. But it was a match that I should have won, a match I should have walked out of still champion. But because I let myself get so arrogant, because I looked passed you I let myself become comfortable. And that was my mistake. That was my own doing. So instead of feeling screwed over or angry. Instead of being beaten and accepting it, I let it fester deep inside.”

“I took the frustration and hatred home to my family. I withdrew from them. I stopped helping my friends at wolfslair. I became a horrible person. Shit I even started fucking drinking again. And again Vinnie, none of this is your fault. Because all you did was turn up that night and do your best. All you did was live your dream. And become champion. But, part of being a champion isn’t just how you win a title or how you defend it, it’s how you deal with losing it. And I was a great champion when I won it, I was a great champion as I defended it. But being a champion in loss? Well, for the first few months I failed miserably.”

“Then something happened.”

“I stopped feeling sorry for myself, I stopped being angry and I dragged myself back up kicking and screaming. I started winning matches again and before I knew it I was in a match for the reinstated Internet title. And that was my chance Vinnie. See I wanted to show the world I was still a champion. I wanted to take a title that was being brought back into the fold and make it worth something. And I knew that someone like Teddy Warren wasn’t going to do it. So I did. I won it and I have defended it against anyone SCW has asked me to, just like I did with the world title and at Summer XXXtreme I will have held it for 168 days. Eclipsing my world title reign….but...that reign is in danger of ending.”

Austin sighs heavily and closes his eyes, his fingertips touching the plexiglass case where his titles sit. His heart sinking as his mind flashes to the world title match and his loss. Each time he closes his eyes a different angle of the loss, a different feeling.

” I’m under no illusions here Vinnie. I know how good you are and I know that you’re coming for this championship because you are looking to do the same thing that I did. But for you it’s even worse. See, before you and I went toe to toe for the world title one of my talking points was that I didn’t want the world title to fall into mediocrity. Which I felt was going to happen with you as the champion. And low and behold that is exactly what happened. You weren’t a bad champion Vinnie, you just had trouble living up to the expectations that were put onto you.”

“You look at the last four world champions. Fenris, myself, you and Ben Jordan. I started off my reign by beating someone who was looked at as unbeatable, I then defended the title against all comers in all sorts of matches including ones where I was clearly at a disadvantage, you beat me for the title and then instantly the championship fell out of the main event, it was looked at as just another championship instead of THE championship. All until Ben Jordan took that title off of you after just over 100 days.”

“And now it’s in danger of happening again, another reign where I have done my best to make a championship matter and I have been a top name in the company in danger of being ended by someone who, to be honest is only ever interesting when he is trying to act like a bad ass. instead of actually being one.The thing is Vinnie you didn’t even come at me the right way. You didn’t come to me and say that you wanted the title shot, you didn’t ask for one, you didn’t challenge me, you attacked me from behind and you knew that I would not stand for it, you knew that I would come for you and you knew that I wouldn’t care if the title was on the line.“

“You are a great professional wrestler, you’re a big strong human being and you know that you can impose your will most people, but as far as actual skill goes you are not on my level, you’re not on Ben’s level, you weren’t on Fenris’ level, you weren’t on Alex’s level you’re not on Griffin Hawkins level the truth is that you’re a side character with stupid personality just like Bill Barnhardt. But at least Barnhardts dog is cute where as your cactus is just a fucking cactus.”

“This may seem harsh Vinnie, you may even think that I’m being a bit of a prick. But look at it from my perspective I have clawed my way back up to being a champion, I have done everything possible to rebuild my image and become the champion that I knew I could be and here you come stomping back in to try take it all away from me again because you failed at being a better world champion than me. And now you have to ask yourself is Austin really going to let that happen again? Is Austin really going to let the Internet title become nothing because lil Vinnie wants a title because he couldn’t cut it as world champion?

“No, at Summer XXXtreme history will not repeat itself. I am coming to defend my championship and you are gonna have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.”

>

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 06:12:00 AM »

A letter to myself

Dear 5 Year Old Austin.

I wish I could tell you life will turn out how you want it. Truth be told I can’t even remember what you wanted to be at this age. All I can remember is how scared you’ll be right now. I can’t tell you what happens with our mother. Let me say that what happens is what needs to happen. You did nothing wrong and you couldn’t stop it.

But with all the sadness in you life you will also live a life you can’t dream of right now.

See right now you are watching our mother go through something time and time again. You are confused and don’t know what to do. But you have dreams. You have dreams of having a good life and being a good man. I wish I could tell you that those dreams will come true.

But I don’t know if I’m a good man.

You will have a beautiful wife, two beautiful kids. Friends and Family. And the business you will enter will be fun and profitable. It will give you all you want. But, you will have to go through things that will break your heart. Things that will make you want to give up. You need to stay strong. And always remember the only loyalty you have is to yourself. Your wife and your kids.

There is one more thing. Something I have only just learned so I am giving to you now. Nice guys don’t always finish last. But bad guys get there first….

-Signed 28 Year old Austin

Promises
Manhattan New York
Last Year

It had been a few days since Austin and Alex had talked in the gym. Austin had promised Alex he was going to talk to Amy. He never breaks a promise. That night he called her, Amy was happy to hear from him, but there was something amiss, something Austin couldn’t quite put his finger on. They talked for hours all leading up to Austin coming into the city to see her. Amy had been back a month, had a job and her own place.

The feeling had been eating at Austin the whole way there. He sat on the train staring down at his phone, his wife Lisa messaging him, telling him it was the right thing to do. Austin didn’t know why he was so nervous. It had been 4 years since he had last seen Amy. But now she was back and in that time he had told Lisa how bad he missed her. There would be happy birthday and christmas texts, the occasional facebook update.

But for the most part it was 4 years of indifferent silence.

4 Years of feeling like he had no sister.

Of all the regrets Austin had in his life, not finding his mother sooner, not forgiving his father to build a relationship. Not being there the day Christian passed away, being cold to Elena, letting the pink demon woman back into his life, this, the breakdown of his relationship with Amy was the worst. After all he had done to get her out of the mental facility, to get to the bottom of the reasons she was there. He brought her back up, he helped her become a confident young woman.

As the train clicked and clacked on the rail his mind started to drift off...

5 Years Ago …

”Hey Amy check this ou-” Austin walked into the living room of the small apartment he shared with his sister Amy, he had a DVD in his hand. An introduction to a company called the World Wrestling Headquarters. Austin had been running around different feds for months, even teaming with his father in a company called IWF, then moving on to Honor wrestling for a stint. But now this was huge.

In the months before Austin had gone into the gym and worked like a madman to change his body, he’d gone from a tall, slender kid, to a beefed up physically imposing man. Going from 225 pounds to 260. There was still more work to be done, but this DVD and letter of intent were proof that hard work pays off. But still, there was no Amy in the living room, he heard a noise in her bedroom, he smiled and walked down the hallway opening the door. ”Hey you gotta see this.” He walked in handing Amy the letter, she went to say something but noticed the header and the logo.

WWH was one of the biggest companies in the world. Horrible at quality control and talent retention, but they paid well and would lead to bigger opportunities. Amy smiled and looked up giving Austin a hug. ”I am so proud of you. This is what you worked for!”.

Austin laughed to himself and gave Amy a small squeeze. Not too hard as she had been training the last few months to also try her hand at the family business. Austin cleared his throat  and smiled. ”So you want to watch this DVD?..and why are you packing?” Austin had noticed mid sentence that Amy had two bags on the bed, her clothes, books, laptop and other possessions sat in them, organised and ready to go, Austin shook his head and looked down at Amy, she looked sheepish biting her bottom lip.

”Aus I...I got a new job and I met a guy..” Amy smiled weakly, Austin's heart sank, he backed up against the wall and put the DVD and letter down on the bedside table, his eyes trailing across the floor back to his sister.

The silence was awkward, Austin cleared his throat and shook his head slowly. ”And you were going to tell me..when?”

”Today, I know it’s fast but” Austin pushed off the wall, his voice raising a little higher than he thought it would.

”But what? What about training?. I had my foot in the door with WWH I could have..” Amy shook her head and put her hand up sitting down on her bed, Austin sighed and rolled his eyes. The realisation hitting him like a ton of bricks.”You didn’t want to do this, did you?” Amy smiled and looked up at her much bigger but younger brother.

She shook her head from side to side ”No...I’m sorry. It just isn’t in my heart” It was still awkward, it was still sudden, Austin forced a smile and reached out to help Amy back to her feet

”So..tell me about this guy…” Amy smirked and unlocked her phone.

DING

Austin’s eyes sprung up as he looked around, he was at his stop. He smirked and stepped up and out of the train door. The nerves were still there as he went over the rest of the day in his head. He wanted to be happy for Amy, he loved his sister and had been there for her as she had been for him. But his heart still broke that day and he felt like a piece of shit for it. So, for 4 years he had sheepishly waited for an apology that was not earned and it would not come. But this felt different.

He turned and walked up the long steps and popped out the top pulling his jacket closed and his beanie over his head. It was a cold day in New York City, the winter had begun to really set in, he looked over at the small coffee shop with a smile, It had been the last time he, Amy and Christian had been together in the same place. The night Amy left for California, they had a family dinner while waiting for her cab to the airport.

Austin moved across the street and stopped at the large glass door.

He took a deep breath looking at it, he knew she was inside, his eyes trailing across to a booth near the window, he could see her there, her long brown hair, he shook his head and pushed open the door pushing the guilt away. The warmth from inside hit him hard. His mind flashes back to their fathers funeral. Amy couldn’t make it. Things had mended between them but the hurt was still there. Austin struggled and took his jacket off and smiled looking over at Amy, he stepped towards her and laughed, Amy heard the familiar sound and turned to see him, her face lit up, she smiled wide and as Austin stepped forward Amy went to get up...and struggled.

Austin stopped, his jaw dropping as he saw her. He swallowed hard and shook his head. ”Hey Aus…” He stumbled over his words, Amy’s hands drifted down over her stomach, she looked down and cleared her throat. ”Surprise little brother...you...you’re going to be an uncle…”

Good. Bad, Boring

Here he was, on the damn ship. Austin sighed and poured himself an orange juice sitting back on a deck chair overlooking the ocean and a small part of the dock.

”Well here we are. Summer XXXtreme 2020 is a few days away and I made it onto this godforsaken ship. And now that I have had time to digest everything happening and the match that is to come I really really hate the fact I’ll forever be known as the man who lost the SCW title to Vinnie. See, I get this feeling that no matter what I do, no matter if I keep defending my Internet title to a ridiculous degree, if I win the roulette title and then the mixed tag titles to be a grand slam champion, or win back the SCW world title and go on a tear, when it comes down to it...people will remember my failure.”

“Do you know what that’s ;ike Vinnie?. No, of course you don’t. You are lucky Vinnie, you’re not burdened with the anchor of expectation, you don’t have the “potential” that others have. You have been looked at as a joke, despite your size. And I think people forget just how big of a man you are Vinnie, I step in the ring with you and we look eye to eye. But, your whole package, the accent, the cactus...it’s all built so people lower their guard. It’s an act forged to make your opponents laugh while you then destroy them…”

Austin scoffs and takes a sip of his juice before putting a pair of sunglasses on to avoid the light.

”But you’ve changed now haven’t you? Your constant rambling has gone from laughable to sinister and now here you are expecting everyone to nquake in their little booties. Like you have had a sudden personality shift. I’m just starting to question the mental stability of the Sin city wrestling roster. It seems like everyone in this company has mental issues and has two distinct personalities. Crystal and Christina, Maki and Daniela, Keira and Synn...and now. We have God Vinnie and Bad Vinnie, or as I like to call them, the Joke Vinnie and the BIGGER joke Vinnie…”

“Seriously, what the fuck is this amatuer hour bullshit?”

“The fact is if you are that crazy you need to be in a sanitarium talking about your issues, not in a wrestling ring challenging for a major championship. I saw your promo on Climax Control, I saw your promo earlier this week and it didn’t worry me, it didn’t intimidate me. It just made me sad. To see a man who once held the Sin City wrestling world title be reduced to the same lame parlour tricks that Crystal Hilton uses. You’re better than that Vinnie, or atleast I thought you were. See, I saw you talking to that stupid cactus and had a little lau8gh, it was entertaining, we all exposed you for being a hypocrite and instead of just admitting that there is a side of you that is a complete asshole who nlikes to use cheap tricks you’ve come up with the fractured personality defence.”

“But, here’s the thing “Bad” Vinnie, you are right, Good Vinnie is a blabbering idiot, it’s just too damn bad that the “:other” Vinnie is even worse. See, I sat in my chair at home, a drink in my6 hand and the remote in the other and I watched your promo, and after sifting through the twenty minutes of useless filler I came to the conclusion that everyone should…”

“You have no idea what you’re doing…”

Austin scoffs and rolls his eyes.

”You admitted it yourself. You watched me beat Bill, do you watch me defend my Internet championship again and it tore you up inside. See I lost the world championship to you and after a small period of blaming myself I picked myself up dust myself off and I went in one another championship and beat everyone in my way. I have defended this championship and beaten anyone who comes near me. What have you done Vinnie?. You have done nothing, and that is what burns you up inside. That’s why you have to resort to this stupid bullshit.”

“This cheap crap. And I honestly thought you were better than that. I thought you were someone who would come at me and do things the right way. Ask me for a championship match stand in the ring face-to-face and say the words. But that’s not what we got. You attacked me from behind and now you’re using this stupid split personality shit to try and justify it. There is nothing wrong with wanting to take a shortcut or attack someone from behind as long as you actually admit it. But the thing is you won’t, you won’t admit it because you can’t bring yourself to actually admit when you’re being a total asshole.”

“Do you want the Internet championship, and that’s great people should want this championship. They should want to fight for this championship, that you want to come with me and give me everything they have. You see the Internet championship means more to me than most people realise, it’s a championship that had a lineage before me but started anew when they decided to re-introduce it into the company. It meant it could start fresh, it meant that it could start a brand-new life. And I would get to be the first. Now, I’m not delusional Vinnie, I’m not an idiot. I know that all championship rains come to an end whether it be through being beaten, through injury, or through retirement. Eventually your number is up”

“But I swore, when I lost the Internet championship it would be to someone who had earned it. Someone who would continue the great rain that I had started and make the championship was even more than I did. And based on your track record Vincent I just don’t see you being the man to do that. If you want this Internet championship you would instantly go into matches with the feeling of accomplishment, the hunger would be gone just like when you were the world champion. You brought it up and asked how much I enjoyed it when you lost, and there was a huge part of me that really loved it. When Ben Jordan beat you and put you in your place. But there was also part of me that was sad, because I wanted you to make that championship worth even more than I did, I wanted you to keep going with that world title but instead it was Ben who would make the championship worth even more”

Austin gets to his feet taking a few steps towards the railing leaning down on it to breathe in some of the fresh sea air coming in from the vast ocean waves.

”This match isn’t just about writing a role. It’s not just about me getting my revenge on you for beating me for the world championship, this is also about me protecting the Internet championship from you. You’ve always had it in you to be a great champion and you’ve had it in you to make a title worth something and put your foot down, but I just can’t risk it Vinnie I cannot risk losing this championship to you and watching it become a joke because of you. You have already made a full of yourself in the last couple of weeks with the split personality crap, I’m not gonna let you taint the Internet championship with it too. So this weekend when we get in the ring you better be ready for a man who is even better than the world champion you went toe to toe with last year.”

“Because while you have been playing around with Bill Barnhart, while you have been just drifting and existing on the show, I have been re-establishing myself as one of the best professional wrestlers on this planet. And that’s the simple thing Vinny, you are a character, a funny little marionette having his strings pulled to dance for the happy people so they can throw their coins. Meanwhile I am a monster in the rain. I’m strong, I'm fast, I'm skilled and when push comes to shove I’m not scared to get my hands dirty. But the difference between us Vinnie is that I will admit it. See you both in the ring”
>

Offline SenorVinnie

• View Profile
    • Senor Vinnie
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »

Good Vinnie, Bad Vinnie…., who is the real Vinnie??? Part two

Voice: Good morning, this is your captain speaking. We are asking for you to please follow our following procedure demonstrated by our stewardess Vicky.

Bill: Err Vin??? This is a cruise ship, not an air plane.

There’s a moment of silence as the camera opens up with Senor Vinnie, Bill Barnhart, Bea along with Iris sitting in a restaurant on the cruise ship. Vinnie is sporting a captains hat and wears a white suit that could be identified as one of a captain.

Good Vinnie: That uhm , is a good observation Senor Bill. I just thought with me going incognito would help me get to mingle with the others without being identified.

Bill puts down his fork and stares at Vinnie.

Bill: Vin, we recognized you right away.

Vinnie is annoyed about the answer he received from his tag team partner.

Good Vinnie: Well, you know that it was Iris that recognized me by my smell. But I know I convinced you didn’t I Bea??

Bea; Well..,

Good Vinnie: See Bill?? She believed my captain Stubing impersonation of the Love Boat.

Bea: I wouldn’t say that Vinnie, I….

Good Vinnie: Captain Kirk???

Bea: No….,

Good Vinnie: Captain Picard???

Bill: Look Vinnie, you are an amazing guy. But now that we are on this cruise ship, we need to focus on our jobs for Summer XXXTreme. You have an opportunity to obtain another title. I…

Vinnie puts his hand in front of Bill’s face, stopping his talk as he shakes his head.

Good Vinnie: You know Bill, that was not what you were supposed to say.

Bill looks at him stunned, clearly not knowing what to say.

Bill: It isn’t???

Good Vinnie: No, because it is not elementary of course. You see I am fully aware what is ahead of me, but I cannot allow business to distract me from what is really important.

Bill looks at him with a puzzled look on his face.

Good Vinnie: To prove the company that I am fully capable of being a normal person and I will not need another session with that Psychiatrist.

Bill raises his eyebrow over that comment

Bill: Excuse me???

Good Vinnie: You are excused Bill.

Bill gets annoyed over this.

Bill: What do you mean you do not need to visit that psychiatrist?? Have several appointments set for this week on the cruise ship. So what do you mean you don’t have to???

Good Vinnie: Well that’s easy Bill, I told the psychiatrist that I have a doctors note telling that I am mentally cleared and complete sane.

Bill: Uhm Vin?? You need to have that psychiatrist to sign that note for him to dissalow you to visit him. He will never

Vinnie cuts Bill off mid sentence as he shows him a note to him.

Good Vinnie: Oh contraire my good amigo Bill, I have this note signed by my personal psychiatrist that I accidently forgot I had.

Bill raises his eyebrow even further.

Bill: Personal psychiatrist????

Good Vinnie: Si my amigo, my good friend Pete is also a part time psychiatrist. He is a very accomplished mental doctor.

Bill: PETE??????

Vinnie looks at him with a look of misunderstanding.

Good Vinnie: Si…, what’s the problem Bill???

Bill: Since when does that potted plant have a degree in being a psychiatrist???

Good Vinnie: Since last week, he took an online test and he passed it with the slimmest of margins. He is a very accomplished plant to be sure.

Bill: YOU WHAT????? People succeed in obtaining a diploma after studying for many years!! And that plant does it in a week???

Good Vinnie: Well to be honest?? He did it in three hours, he found a site that gives you a crash course and with your exam they give you multiple choice options. He is a real good guesser and he finalized the deal with the psychiatrist of SCW.

Bill: Great Vinnie, just great. Thanks for letting me know that I do not have to go either. I….

Good Vinnie: Uhm Bill? He is my psychiatrist, not yours. He is just your cactus in law.

Vinnie gets up just at the moment that Bill is about to explode out of his socks after hearing the bad news as the shot fades.

I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul to waste

Daddy Issues

We are in Vinnie’s cabin on the cruise ship where this years Summer XXXTreme is being hosted, the cabin is nothing ordinary. That is of course if you do not consider that it is still much larger than any of the cabin’s the normal fans would usually obtain during the week of Wrestling Extravaganza that this event is known for. But we all know what has changed, no fans to witness history once more and that is something that even the wrestlers feel upon this experience. Even Vinnie…..,

Good Vinnie: Arr matey!!! You are going to walk the plank and become food for the fishes!!!!

We hear a splashing in the water, coming from the bathroom as the camera turns away and enters the room. We see Vinnie sitting there with an eye patch on his head, a fake earring in his left ear and a rather silly looking and too smallish like pirate hat. He is holding a lego figure in his hand as it is “travelling” across the back of a toothbrush, that needs to symbolize the walking plank before being thrown into the water with some plastic gold fishes.

Good Vinnie: That’s what you get for mutiny folks!!! But Captain Vinnie has once again restored order as we are sailing to obtain the biggest price known to mankind!!!!

He turns his gaze towards the camera with a smile upon his face, but we can see the smile slowly change into a sickening look of disgust.

Bad Vinnie: The Sin City Wrestling Internet Championship belt from my “daddy”

His breathing is becoming heavy, lifting his hand and taking off the silly hat that he has been wearing and tosses it into the water as it drifts away.

Bad Vinnie: What’s the matter daddy?? Not happy to get to see your creation for the first time?? Did I not show you the courtesy that you deserved?? I mean, sure… we may not be the perfect family like Full House was… you know the one with the one dad and many uncles??? But I never thought you would disown me like that dad.

You got issues you know that???

He shrugs his head and walks away from the bathroom and enters the other part of the cabin. He has an balcony that he can overlook the entire boat, but decides not to as he pummels onto his bed and drops down on top of it.

Bad Vinnie: Now tell me if I am wrong on this, but you sure loathe Vinnie don’t you?? Now I know, I may have just stepped into his body and attempt to do a corporate takeover, you know what happens with companies that starting to lose touch with their opposition?? Well in this case I am taking over where Vinnie is losing touch with reality.

He chuckles as he makes funny faces to emphasize what he was saying, causing his face to clear up and smile genuinely happy

Good Vinnie: Wait, how did I lose my hat??? And how did I got onto this bed???? I need to call Bill and tell him that something is going on around here. Maybe I am stuck in the Twilight Zone….

He reaches over for his cell phone, but his other hand stops the one that is reaching over for it.

Bad Vinnie: I wasn’t done talking yet Vinnie….,

Good Vinnie: Why am I holding my hand??? And why am I talking to my….

The hand that was reaching for the phone gets pulled back by the other hand and forced upon his face in a claw like hold.

Good Vinnie: HMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(translation) What the fuck is going on??!!!

He finally manages to get the hand off of his face and the sickening smile re emerges once more.

Bad Vinnie: Ahhh, what a lack of oxygen may not do to your brain usage Vinnie. But what I was about to continue my… well rant as you enjoyed making fun of me dad, was the fact that you blame Vinnie for everything that has happened to you since Summer XXXTreme. That you took him not seriously, that you arrogant, that you suffered the biggest boo boo in the ring and delivered a huge dump after eating a Pepperoni Pizza the night before. I….

Wait, that was Bill Barnhart. Apologies for that dad, I sometimes still have issues dealing with lapse memories from that buffoon that you have no right to hate. You see dad, even though this man is weird in the biggest sense of the word… he still beat you dad, something that to this very day you clearly cannot grasp the reality of it all. It’s like watching a small mouse outsmarting a bigger and stronger and….. well quite dumb cat in cartoons. You know, the one that is called Tom and Jerry??? You should check them out sometimes, it will help your sour personality. Because when I look at you?? You stink okay!!!

Blabbering on about what should have never happened, I mean seriousloy??? Be thankful that the lunatic beat you for crying out loud!!! Sure the physical and mental anguish may have caused you a few months of your life, the suffering feeling that your family had to endure seems to be a pattern that constantly happens to you when something is not going your way huh DAD???

He is silent for a few moments, inhaling some oxygen before letting it all out through his nose and calms down.

Bad Vinnie: Apologies dad, I know you are in a lot of stress lately. I should not focus too much on my step families issues with you…. But I will get into ours one way or the other okay?? You see, I see the answer to your fucking problem amigo!! Oh boy, I sure love how that Spanish runs across my tongue every time I say Amigo…, but back to you. You are telling yourself that you are this great warrior, that you are this great role model that everyone should be looking up to. That you are in the same lineage like Fenris, like Ben Jordan and I am sure that there is a whole line of great past champions that I have forgotten. But seriously man?? Snap out of it!!! Go to Past Champions Anonymous talk sessions or something!!! It has happened!! Move on!! Grow a beard!!! Drink some beer… I…

Good Vinnie: Wait, did I say grow a beard??? And what is going on?? The last thing I remembered was my feeling my hand touching my face real nice. It gave me such a relaxing sensation that……

Vinnie notices the camera and has a slight grin upon his face

Good Vinnie: Now of course you have to understand that I am well aware of my advantage over Austin. You see the man is tough, he has a great reign as champion. But I am the Cryptonite to his err… what was it again??? His blue pj’s????

Vinnie is trying to remember to what he meant as his right hand slaps him across the face.

Good Vinnie: HEY!!! Who did that????

The hand slaps him again, harder this time

Good Vinnie: Stop that!!! I am warning you!!!

Both hands now continue to slap him against his face from either side until he stops and a sigh of relief is heard.

Bad Vinnie: I am sorry, I got so bored by his rambling that I needed to slap some sense into… well ourselves in this case. But not just to make me err us a better person dad, no it is to make YOU a better person. And I understand, I understand that you will be too stupid to even realize that I am giving you a wake up call. A call that would make you see the light and shit!!!

But realize this you arrogant little prick!!! You are too stuck up on yourself that you are in need to get reality check 1.0 for dummies and Vinnie is just the guy for the job.

Good Vinnie: Gee, thanks!!!

Bad Vinnie ignores the reaction and continues.

Bad Vinnie: I thought I came from a lineage of men that were tough men, that were fighters and never giving up on their ideals. Guess what?? I am apparently going to be facing a man that is delusional, you WERE a great champion. With the great emphasis as WERE. You had the obligated championship rematch anywhere in that entire 2019 and you did what??

Good Vinnie: He squandered his opportunity to do other things Vinnie.

Vinnie is silent for a moment as he realizes that his split personality is reacting to the other.

Bad Vinnie: Oh crap, he knows my name. I just hope he does not know my credit card number. I know what that cactus friend of his did with that. But back to you Austin, you pride yourself of being such a know it all?? That you want to be remembered as the great that lives on in the hearts and souls of others. A man that searches for excuses every time you open up your ass crack and fart?? MAN UP BITCH!!!

You lost!! You said it yourself, you lost fair and square inside that six sided ring. You tapped out to a man that was in no way or form anywhere near YOUR equal. And you lost. And to make things worse Austin, you blame him for doing what you never wanted to happen. Holding that championship belt, to be a champion for over 112 days. Hell you even took pride in someone else taking home the gold as long as it wasn’t Vinnie. Is that something that we should consider being a “real” champ?? Oh sure, if you like apple sauce and you get gravy instead!!!

And just to think I took pride of being released upon this world by a real man?? Seriously Austin?? A real man?? YOU??? When I look at you, I realize why you are hiding your face behind that long beard and long hair. Because you are disgusted by yourself to begin with, if I had a dollar every time I had to listen to Vinnie talk about how great he was…. I would still be broke and wished I had bought some stock in your plummeting market. Because the Internet Champion is hiding behind excuses…., so what will it be this time when you lose once more Austin?? Hiding behind the fact that our personalities are so different that it is too much for you to bear??? Or is it the mere fact that you cannot look back to your buddy Alex for back up?? Because Alex is too chicken shit to step in the ring with Vinnie once again, knowing that he could not even beat the Good one… let alone Vinnie Be Bad!!!!

So do me a favor dipshit, grow some balls instead of some agonizing excuses for being alive will ya?? Because I came here to beat down my creator and hug it out after the match. But when I look at you, I realize I just have to put you out of your misery for good. Hell, I am not holding Vinnie back anymore, I have said what I wanted and I see you inside the ring and spam your ass!!!.

Vinnie turns his face to the side in a demonstrative fashion, having his arms crossed over each other and attempts to ignore the camera. This goes on for a few moments until the camera has zoomed in on his face completely and a smile re-emerges.

Good Vinnie: Aww you know I cannot stay mad for too long!! Hell, I can’t even remember the last time I was mad at all?? Oh wait, I do remember. And what a 360 degrees fashion I overcame the loss of my championship belt compared to you Austin. Now I may know that you will already spew some profanity upon my direction, telling that losing to Ben isn’t as a disgrace as you losing to me. That’s right Austin, I lost my championship belt to Ben Jordan and lost my rematch and moved on.

You just sit there, tell the world that it should have not happened to begin with, how terrible 2019 had become after that faithful moment… and I just had to hear about all the excuses and lies that you could think off in five seconds. And to be honest, I was surprised that you could mention so many in such a short span of time. I am surprised that a man of your stature is such a hypocrite. Yeah Austin, a hypocrite. You tell the world that I am delusional?? At least I do not lie about what I am and where I stand for!! I talk to a cactus and I beat jerks like you!! I just it never fully registered upon your ass huh??

But you know something Austin?? I already know what is your problem… you are feeling stupid over the fact that you never took the rematch clause no matter how injured you were. You waited for your moment to come and when it came you did beat me…, you just never beat me for the title. Did that make you regret your decision?? Did it made you feel like a complete idiot?? Wasting your precious time with excuses that you started to believe in yourself?? I know it must have hurt hyuh?? At least I faced Ben not fully healthy, I faced him and gave him a great match. I congratulated him, where as you?? You were standing there, trying to be a male cheerleader for everyone who had a shot to beat me….

You are just pathetic Austin, you are just a shadow of the man that you proclaim to be. And I am going to exploit you for who you really are…. And at Summer XXXTreme??? I am taking home the gold… amigo….

With that the shot fades.