Author Topic: Kate Steele (c) v Myra Rivers  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Kate Steele (c) v Myra Rivers
« on: July 19, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: 1 RP per week, 10,000 words max.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 10:03:25 PM »
 Hollywood Hills, California

It’s funny how the world works. The idea of a Diamond and Gemstones movie was something that would have little to no interest but as Diamond continued being quite the dominant Internet Bombshell Champion and with popularity rising among the musical group in general it was a no brainer that the movie would officially go into production. With SCW coming to Los Angeles for Summer XXXtreme and SCW giving people the green light to spend their time at home safely as they prepared for their biggest Super Card of the summer it was the perfect opportunity to try to get in as much filming as possible. The COO of Rose Productions Chloe Martin had arranged for all of the main stars of the movie to basically stay at their own quarantined home.

Rose Productions was taking every safe measure as possible. Temperature checks before each filming session and of course a test before they even got to the bubble like home. Every form of transportation was private and personalized to make sure that all of the stars of the movie would be safe. Our image is on that of the Rose Productions tour bus and it The bus however was rocking as it made its journey all the way from the Saxon Hotel to that of beautiful Hollywood Hills. It stopped when it reached the famous Hollywood sign and that is when Ruby quickly exited the bus with her cell phone in her hand. She snapped photos of the sign with a wide grin on her face.

“Look at the sign… It’s AMAZING, IT’S GORGEOUS… IT’S OUTRAGEOUS!!!!”

She smiles passionately as she took photo after photo admiring the skyline of Los Angeles in the background. It wasn’t long before cousin Diamond walked out of the bus. She was clad in a pair of tight fitting jeans and skater shoes. She chuckled as she had the SCW Internet Bombshell Championship around her shoulder as she started to climb up the D letter in the Hollywood sign. Ruby’s eyes light up as she looks over at her cousin.

“Kate.. Stop being OUTRAGEOUS… You could hurt yourself… You can’t just climb up the sign!!! You could fall and go crashing down that hill…”

“Prudence will you just live a little.. It’s all in good fun and on top of that we have a great reason to celebrate tonight! Not only are we finally able to get out of the hotel. Not only is our movie finally going to go into production but on top of that you are looking at the very woman who as of August 2nd when I defend my title against Myra Rivers I will have tied Mikah for longest Internet Bombshell title reign which means if I can somehow get past this defense at Summer XXXtreme I will be in sole position of the longest reign and the most defenses with the Championship. That’s all more of the reason to celebrate… So get that camera ready because the Kate Web, Inter Kate, and Kate Domain is officially live!!!!!!!”

Kate has reached the very top of the letter D and she holds her Championship high into the air. She waves it about as the smile escapes her lips and she begins to yell at the very top of her lungs.

“DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER… AND I PUT THE D IN UMMMM, DOMINANT, DEVASTATING, DANGEROUS, AND OF COURSE DEADLY!!!!”

With that she continues to swing her championship as she finally slides off of the letter. The girls all stand outside the bus as they smile at the sign. The raven haired Welsh woman Sapphire just shakes her head.

“Bloody fucking hell that sign looks amazing!!!”

The Scottish redheaded drummer smiles widely.

“Super Cool Eh?! We finally made it to Hollywood ladies!!!”

The other gem stones all get excited as Kate just stands there dumbfounded. She sighs in return.

“Wait a minute you girls should have already felt like you made it to Hollywood especially when my husband brought you into the bloody fucking studio…”

Ruby shrugs her shoulders.

“It’s different cousin… We knew we were just there to be like extras for Teddy and of course to help you pull off the biggest swerve in wrestling but now people actually love us. It feels amazing to be on top of the world. We just need to take things one day at a time and see if our popularity can continue to rise to new heights…”

“I guess you have a point Prudence but the best thing is at least we are all doing this together. I know I might run my mouth a lot just like a good Englishwoman would but at the end of the day I am thankful for the support that I have had from all of you ladies. I wouldn’t be anywhere if it wasn’t for any of you all… So let’s just enjoy the ride while it lasts right?!”

Diamond walks over to where the other three ladies are standing and Ruby smirks as she hugs Kate tightly.

“And we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you. I would say it has been a joint effort from all of us and we each have one another to be thankful for. Let’s just go about having fun and continue to do it together okay… I couldn’t imagine a life without one another…. That really would be…”

Diamond smirks as she answers in return.

“Outrageous… Come on let’s get back on the bus. We really don’t want to keep Chloe waiting… I think she has something special in store and we might as well make it on time. Especially considering she is the one that provided us with the ride…”

As soon as they get on the bus it is at that point that Sapphire begins to sing.

“CLEOPATRA… COMIN AT YA… CLEOPATRA COMIN AT YA!!!!!!!”

The rest of the girls join in on the song as Kate shakes her head in disgust.

“STOP SINGING THAT BOLLOCKS… That is awful. That television show was hot garbage. I don’t give a damn if they come from Birmingham they were all awful…”

Ruby smiles in return.

“Maybe we should sing the Spice Girls or perhaps the Sugababes…”

Diamond however forms an uneasy expression.

“Oh God no… Don’t play any of that garbage. I don’t care if it came from Britain or not. All of that just sounds terrible. Why don’t we just focus on making it to the mansion…”

It isn’t long until the bus begins to move again. The Gemstones all begin to sing the wheels on the bus go round and round, and Kate just seems highly annoyed as her girls are deadest on annoying the hell out of her. Moments later they finally make it to that of their destination. It seems like they are at the huge mansion of the Zdunichs. All of the Gemstones step out of the vehicle and at the same time we can see two other private vehicles pulling into the driveway. The doors open up and we are able to see Cat Riley and Melody Grace stepping out of the cars. Cat, Kate, and Melly all run towards one another embracing into a very tight group hug as Kate smiles.

“OH MY GOD WE ARE FINALLY TOGETHER AGAIN… RAINBOWS, UNICORNS, AND KITTENS ARE BACK TOGETHER!!!!”

Melody smiles as she hugs Kate as tightly as she can.

“I get to hang out with my best friend again!!!!”

“Thank you for the ride… I didn’t think Christian would let me up but it’s always a good time for a slumber party right?!”

Kate felt right at home with her two closest friends from SCW. She hadn’t seen Melody since she decided to play a concert in front of her home, and as far as Cat goes the last time she spoke was her was in February when Kate traveled to Manchester to train with Paul Riley. If it wasn’t for Paul helping Kate focus on the real essentials of ladder matches and to not get stuck into the trap of flying like a bird who knows where Kate would be right now. Kate had Cat to thank for her Internet title run and she smiled as she raised the title high above her head showing it to Cat.

“Look Cat… Look at what your daddy helped me win. All of that training paid off…”

Cat looks at the title as she instantly turns her nose up to it.

“Ewwww…. I rather not get near it. When people get obsessed over a championship they change for the worst. Just look at the countless times Christina has changed or how obsessed anybody from Wolfslair gets over a championship…”

“HEYYYY I am not that obsessed over the title… I mean I can’t help it that I have had it for so long…. Hey Melody you want to see my title?!”

Kate shoves the championship in front of Melody who slowly backs away.

“Kate get that thing out of my face…”

“What’s wrong?! Melody you act like you haven’t seen the Internet Championship before… You used to have it as well right?!  You did have it but then you lost it to…. Oh yeah that’s right YOU LOST IT TO ME DIDN’T YOU!!!!”

Kate chuckles as she sticks her tongue out at Melody but the blonde just laughs in return as she glances back at Kate.

“That’s really funny… Almost as funny as me losing that championship and building myself up to win the World Championship… SOMETHING YOU NEVER WERE ABLE TO DO so HA!!!!”

Melody smiles as she and Kate just stare daggers at one another. A few moments go by and they yell out in unison.

“BEST HAIR FRIENDS BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!”

The two seem to be really excited with one another. The Gemstones join them as everyone seems to have bags in their hands. Ruby smiles widely as she looks at the mansion.

“Wait a minute there’s a total of six of us together and we actually get to stay here of all places… Imagine the type of slumber party we are going to have with each other. It’s going to be super… I feel like this is just like Starlight mansion… It’s going to be so much fun and it is going to be a time that’s completely OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!”

Ruby jumps around excitedly as all of the girls finally make their way to the door and that is where we are able to see Chloe Martin standing by the door. She has a wide grin on her lips as she takes a deep breath and speaks out to the women.

“Hello everybody and welcome to HOLLYWOOD. I have arranged for all of you to have special private transportation to get here. I hope you really enjoy your time here. We have made sure each of you have gone through testing and none of you have COVID. That’s always a great thing to hear and because of such we are going to move forward with the filming of this movie. SCW being in Los Angeles has really helped us this year and for the first week all of you are quarantined to the Zdunichs home. They haven’t been here since the pandemic and they will have other plans for their time in the area which means this is where all of you will be staying until SCW starts boarding for Summer XXXtreme. You all are free to do whatever you wish inside of the home. Just keep in mind your safe and private transportation to the studio will pick you up at 5 in the morning every single day….”

Chloe takes a deep breath as she continues to speak.

“So make sure you get as much rest as you can so we can get to filming. You all hopefully know your lines by now as the script went out months ago. Are there any questions?!”

Cat Riley smiles raising a hand.

“Do we have access to anything in the house?!”

“Yep… You are free to do whatever you want in the house and you have access to everything. Just have fun and enjoy your company with one another… Anyway take care… I have some stuff I need to handle at the studio… Here are the keys to the house although I don’t really expect any of you to be leaving…”

With that Chloe throws Kate the keys and Chloe walks away from the house as a private car picks her up.  Kate couldn’t help but smile as she adjusted the championship on her shoulders smiling. Her friends looked back at her as Sapphire walks up to the rest of the girls with a huge bag in her hands. The girls seem a little taken back as she smiles at everyone.

“So is everybody ready to have an amazing night tonight… I figured the first night could be extra amazing. I brought huge bottles of Grey Goose, Barcadi, Jack Daniels, Jameson, and Jose Cuervo along with mixers to go with it. The often rude Welsh woman cracks a small chuckle as she looks at everybody.

“Who is ready to get plastered all the way to bloody hell…”

Kate’s eyes open up in amazement as she looks back at her friend.

“Holy crap?! That is really a lot of liquor Sapphire I didn’t know it was going to be that type of party…”

Sapphire rolls her eyes as she looks back at everyone.

“I know you didn’t expect me to just stay here for a week and be bored out of my mind with the likes of all of you. Especially with Ruby and Emerald, between the both of them I would be driven insane by their acts of over the top immaturity… Hell I would need a drink just to deal with Ruby and her constant uses of the words OUTRAGEOUS and how her sexual life with Chip is going… Those are things I didn’t need to know!”

Cat Riley looks at everyone just sighing in return.

“Sounds like fun but I don’t drink and I don’t think Christian would even let me drink…”

The Welsh woman smiles as she looks at the fellow Brit. She gazes right into the eyes of Manchester beauty as she replies back to her.

“No worries I had the feeling you didn’t drink. It also doesn’t help that Diamond told me about you so we have something really special for you. I have two huge bottles of Mountain Dew just for you… You can get in your fill of sugar and have such an amazing time…”

“MOUNTAIN DEW… CHRISTIAN DOESN’T REALLY LET ME DRINK SODA BUT THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!!!”

She takes a huge bottle of the soda as she begins to guzzle it down. Kate smiles as she looks at the huge mansion that is front of her and her girls as she motions for them to go towards it.

“It looks like we have an amazing week planned out so let’s go inside and just have some fun shall we…”

All of the girls smile in return as they eventually head inside to take in whatever fun activities await them.

Later That Night
Pool Side

It is about 1 am in the morning. The Zdunichs home is a complete wreck. I guess that’s what happens when you let five Brits and an American have one massive sleepover. The Gem Stones are all out of it as they are laid out across the patio in their bikinis. There are empty alcohol bottles everyone. Cat Riley however is on a major sugar rush as she could be seen climbing a tree. Kate on the other hand is resting on a lounge chair with the Internet Championship draped across her shoulders. Her best friend Melody Grace is sitting down in a chair beside her as she is taking a sip from her drink. Melody can’t help but offer a hiccup as she begins to speak.

“Kate I just want to say this has been so much fun… I really don’t get a chance to have this much fun. It’s usually just me, Jr. and James in the house. When the world shut down James was very serious about protecting the entire family. I truly missed hanging out with my best friend. I missed moments like this…”

Kate sighs as she nods her head in return.

“I do as well… To be honest being back with you and Catt really brings back some amazing memories. This reminds me of the old days. I enjoyed you being a wrestler and being on the road beside me. The two of us would get into so much trouble together. We can’t forget all of those bad hair days we would have with one another and doing what we could to fix it… I really missed it. I am going to be sad when the filming for this movie ends because that means the time we have together is going to come to an end…”

“Kate you can’t think of things like that… There are going to be more moments of bonding between the two of us. Besides you have the Gemstones and it seems that they need you more than ever. You girls look like you are having so much fun with one another so just keep all of that up and enjoy life…”

Kate looks around spotting all of the girls who are just passed out around the pool. She just sighs as she looks back at Melody.

“I know I might portray that I am ready for all of this but deep down I feel like I am afraid….”

“What are you afraid of exactly?!”

Kate takes a long deep breath as she continues to speak.

“I am afraid of failing them. They have put so much faith into me. They have a lot riding on me and I don’t know if it’s really the safest bet. These three ladies all came from Britain following after me because they saw me as some hero but to be honest this is the only thing that makes me relevant…”

Kate looks at the Internet Championship as she holds it up. She keeps her eyes locked on it before she turns her attention to Melody.

“The ride has been fun but that’s only because I have been a champion for almost half of the year. The moment I won the championship is the moment the championship money started to roll in. it’s the moment where all of the endorsements came and it has truly been one Outrageous year. I don’t want to break their hearts if I can’t get past the likes of Myra Rivers though. On August 2nd the ride could come to an end and this fantasy I have been living in I would be forced to wake up from it.”

Kate looks over at her cousin Prudence Steele who is better known as Ruby. She just shakes her head as she replies back.

“Ruby has really started to look up to me. I will be honest I didn’t even have this close of a relationship with my own sister and I know Ruby didn’t have a close relationship with her own sister. Yet the two of us may be cousins but we feel more like sisters. Ruby has gone out of her way to try to take more of a liking to this business. She has reached out to Mackenzie and Charlotte to learn how to fight so she could take more of a hands on approach to wrestling. She wants to be my manager and on top of that I think she wants to enter next year’s Blast From The Past… It’s really a lot to take in and I don’t know if I am ready for that type of task…”

“Kate you got this and you can’t get caught up worrying over Myra Rivers. For you nothing should be different about this match. It’s just like any other match…So just keep it up and do what you know you can do…”

Kate sighs in return.

“I don’t think it’s that easy though... There’s still a piece of me that is still caught up on what Tommy Knox said all of those month ago in March. In his eyes he was talking about everyone in this company and yet the only thing he could say about me that I was good but I was merely the best SECOND tier wrestler at best in the company. That’s like a backhanded compliment. No matter how much I pour into this business I just don’t get the respect I deserve…”

Melody looks over at her friend as she nods her head in return.

“You can’t get held up over that comment. He made that comment like four months ago and since that time we have saw three different women hold the World Bombshell Championship and we also saw three different people hold the Roulette Championship as well. However the main constant within the Bombshell division has been you. You have had an amazing year. You have held that championship for six months! That’s nearly impressive and by the time that your match with Myra comes around you will have tied Mikah’s streak for longest reign with the championship. That’s amazing. You are already a big time winner in my eyes… I know in your eyes it won’t ever be enough and you want to beat yourself up for what reasons exactly?!”

Melody takes a sip of her drink as she continues to speak.

“You have yet to be beaten in a singles match. You have two losses to your name this year and they were in tag team matches in which you weren’t even pinned so just go about doing what you do best. Don’t think things differently. Who cares what Tommy Knox said?! From the way things look you really have a strong case to either be most improved or even woman of the year. Just keep that effort up and things will only get better. There are plenty women who don’t get the respect they deserve. Let’s just look at someone I am familiar with in Odette Stevens. She is a Hall of Famer and did some amazing things but she couldn’t even get an honorable mention. If you wrestle for the critics you are never going to get what you are looking for. I know it must be hard considering you are so petite and it feels like you have always had to try to fight and claw your way into every achievement but don’t look down on the world. You keep on fighting and prove that you got to where you are by no mere fluke… You are a fighting champion Kate and keep that up…”

Melody nods her head as she speaks some more.

“I will be honest with you. Losing the Internet Championship to you made me question if my reign was a fluke or not especially considering all of the nonsense I had to endure with Jessie Salco. I could have been upset over losing to you but I didn’t get caught up over that because you were one of my closest friends and I was honestly happy for you. I decided to work my way into fighting the unbeatable Crystal Hilton for her World Championship. It took a while and a lost on the final Climax Control before the Super Card when I finally won the title by pinning Salco in that four match. I claimed my destiny and I was a World Champion. Whatever people thought of me didn’t even matter at that point because I had already did what I set out to do...”

Melody points at Kate.

“You are no different Kate… No matter what happens you have already established a legacy that nobody can take away from you. You have done so much this year and you know the very moment that you lose your Internet Championship SCW will definitely move you up to the World Bombshell division. It’s been a longtime coming and I think you are ready for it… Just take things one day at a time and let everything else fall into place…”

“Thank you Melody…”

Kate looks around smiling at the Gem Stones.

“I guess I have to keep on going especially considering that all of these girls need me. I can’t afford to lose that motivation now. These ladies need me and I can’t let them down. I can’t let myself down and I will continue to rise up and do what I do best. Win, lose, or draw I am happy with how far I have come in this industry. I have so many big dreams and aspirations and  I know I want do everything to accomplish every single one of them… Although there’s one dream that may be hard…”

“And which one is that exactly?!”

Kate just sighs in return.

“Having a child… Teddy has honestly been pressing it a lot lately. He won’t say it in the public but I think he is still hung up on your husband. We do have our daughter Juliet who we adopted but he wants me to give birth to a child so he could carry on his namesake and his genes. It sounds really fun to be a mother but let me be honest. I just couldn’t see myself sitting out a year to have a child. That really doesn’t sit well with me considering how much I love this business and I just couldn’t sit on the sidelines for that long…”

Melody shrugs her shoulders.

“I could give you advice on the situation but to be honest it’s not my place. That’s a conversation between you and your husband. It’s something you both need to disgust with one another. I wouldn’t get too caught up on doing that just yet though or don’t even try to be the chameleon who feels like they can do everything. Just focus on being a champion and of course on this huge upcoming wrestling match. Let’s just focus on this movie and everything else we can deal with when they come up. Sounds like a plan?!”

“It definitely does… I should relax a bit…”

Kate looks over at Ruby who was snoring as she slowly looks back at Melody.

“I just never imagined being the role model. All of my life I have mostly been the younger sister. Being an older sister to Ruby and of course the rest of the Gem Stones is a situation that I never really saw myself in years ago…”

“It’s not just them though. It’s also me and Cat… We all need you to be the best possible Kate that you can be. Just be yourself and everything else will seem like a breeze…”

“Good point… Thank you for being my best friend Melody and being able to put up with me…”

“Don’t mention it… You put up with my love of unicorns among other things that may over the top so dealing with your little cocky attitude and change of hair colors doesn’t seem like a big deal. Besides what are best friends for?! We need to be there for one another right?!”

“Let’s drink to that…”

Kate smiles as her and Melody raise their glasses up to one another. They tap them gently as they take a shot. The two of them giggle at one another as we can hear Cat Riley scream out at the top of her lungs as she is in a tree somewhere.

“Christian and daddy won’t ever let me climb anything but all of the mountain dew makes me want to fly… Maybe flying isn’t just for the birds!!!!”

Kate looks upwards as she sees Cat Riley in a tree. Kate and Melody both get up.

“Get Down Cat!”

“Bloody fucking hell Catherine get out of that tree… Daddy Riley wouldn’t approve of you being up there. Also I am too drunk to get you so please get down you little ranker…”

“It’s okay I have nine lives…. FLYING ISN’T JUST FOR THE BIRDS!!!!”

With that the Manchester beauty jumps off of the tree. Kate and Melody both begin to scream at the top of their lungs as Cat actually lands in the pool somehow. Kate contemplates jumping as she looks at Melody.

“HOLD MY BEER!!!”

“YOU AREN’T DRINKING BEER KATE!!!”

“BLOODY HELL JUST HOLD MY DRI…..HICCUP!!!”

Kate falls back down and by that time Cat Riley could be shown swimming to the edge where she climbs out of the pool. Kate passes out as Melody looks over at Kate before she turns her attention over to Catt Riley who makes some comments about Christian not allowing her to have such fun. Melody just yawns in return before she passes out on the patio as well. All of the girls had only been there less than a day and already it was going to be quite the night. One could only hope how filming would go in the morning. One thing was apparent though the girls were happy to having fun and they all cherished their time with one another. It would be one week of this until the Sun Princess cruise ship would be loaded with superstars and bombshells getting ready for their biggest super card of the summer. All of the girls couldn’t help but be passed out as the alcohol was definitely getting the best of them. Except for Cat Riley however who seemed to be quite the hyper machine! The Mountain Dew was taking it’s effect and she was bouncing off of the walls. It wouldn’t be that long until she too crashed and burned. It’s on this image that we slowly fade out on.

The Next Day
Rose Productions Movie Studio

Just like Chloe had promised the private transportation that Chloe had promised had come right on time as the special bus had transported all of the girls to that of the Rose Productions movie studio. The doors to the studio opened up and we could see Chloe walking towards them with a hot latte in her hands. She offered a very wide grin as she looked at the six women.

“Good morning ladies and welcome to Rose Productions studios. Today we are going to start filming and it’s going to be exciting. We have tested our entire crew and everybody has tested negative for Corona Virus as you all have tested negative as well which means we can get started. We are going to bring you all to the dressing room where we will go right into costume. Are there any questions?!”

Kate seems sleepy as she yawns in return.

“We really haven’t had time to run any lines and…”

“Rubbish I told you all what we would be doing. I don’t care if we have to do a million takes we are going to do it until we get things right!!! This film is going to be so amazing. It’s going to be awesome and you should be excited to be in your first film…”

Melody crosses her arms.

“Ahem…”

“Well except for you… Obviously you are the veteran around here so maybe you can help these ladies nail it on the scene. This can either be the next biggest series like that of Star Wars or it can flop like Pluto Nash. Whatever happens let’s just have it be amazing okay?!”

Ruby smiles warmly as she looks at everyone in the room.

“I have a feeling today is going to be completely OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!”

She screams out of excitement as Chloe leads the women to a dressing room. As soon as they make it into the room they are quickly bombarded by that of so many stylists and designers. They begin fitting them and putting them into costumes. As Chloe stands in the doorway with an ipad in her hands.

“Okay ladies our makeup crew is going to get you ready for everything that will go down today. In case you might have forgotten. This is the Diamond and Gem Stones movie. This movie is about the our heroine Kath-Lyn Elizabeth…”

Ruby smiles.

“That’s so cool! You basically just took her first and middle name and made it into her movie name!”

Sapphire rolls her eyes.

“Yes because that just works sooooo well for like Christina…”

Chloe cuts them off.

“Can I finish speaking please?! Kath-Lyn Elizabeth code name Diamond is the best Field Agent that the National Crime Agency in the United Kingdom has. She always goes undercover and always ends up making the arrest and getting her criminal. However in this film world renown jewelry thief Melanie Disgrace who has been uncatchable in the United States has decided to target something different and that being the daughter of famous English Diplomat his daughter Catherine Riley. Lady Catherine is very dear to the Queen and she needs to get her back at all costs. The NCA has found out that Melanie will be aboard a cruise in the Pacific trying to further her ego by winning a battle of the bands on the cruise. It’s up to the NCA to send in their best agent in hopes of confronting Melanie to not only save Catherine but to put an end to Melanie once and for all… Not to mention all of the mischief that will happen being in America and on a cruise ship… Anyway I can sit here and continue explaining everything but ou all know the script by now… Have fun…”

With that Chloe leaves the room leaving Kate and the girls to continue getting their makeup done. It’s at that moment that a director enters the room and he smiles as he looks at Kate and Ruby.

“Kate and Ruby we are going to go right into scene one. The rest of you just hang tight. We will get you all when we need you…”

With that they lead Kate and Ruby to a special studio. It seems like an office of some sort and it is there where we are able to see Kate and Ruby in some business casual attire. The stage seems to be set up to that of a busy office space. The director yells out at the top of his lungs.

“Scene one… ACTION!!!!!”

With that we are able to see a woman sitting at a desk she seems to be in a frantic as her phone is repeatedly going off the hook.

“Prime Minister Johnson I know… I know… We are on it… Don’t worry about it we will get….”

Before she could finish speaking that’s when the phone continues to ring and she switches the line.

“Wait a second PM Johnson I have another call… I know what you have to say is important but please I need to take this…”

She clicks over and seems to be on another phone call.

“Hello your majesty… I know… We are going to do everything in our power to get her back. I know how important Catherine is to this very country. Trust me when I say I will have my best agents on it!!! Cheers your majesty we will do our best and we will get her back and if we don’t you can fire me…”

She presses a button as she screams into an intercom.

“Hello Critchton… Please send Diamond and Ruby to my office now…”

With that before she could say anything else the door to her office swings open and we could see a blonde hair woman sprinting into the room. She leapfrogs over the chair and lands flush on the seat. She smiles as she kicks her feet up placing her hands behind her head. She isn’t alone as her partner Ruby runs as well. She thinks about jumping over the chair with some insane type of acrobatics but instead she settles for turning the chair around and sitting in it backwards. Diamond smiles as places her feet on the desk.

“Here we are Commander Roberts… I take it you are going to give us our raises now…”

“KATH-LYN I DIDN’T CALL YOU IN HERE TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PAY!!!”

“Oh come on Commander. No reason to be a little cheeky. My bum is hurting from me jumping in this chair. I am your best agent. I do believe I deserve my salary to be at least 500000 GBP a year. That’s not too much to ask right?!”

Ruby smiles in return.

“Definitely not… Although if we don’t get rightfully paid I do believe we might be too knackered to do any special agent stuff today. Might as well call it a day go to a pub and maybe smoke a fag or too…”

“Cheers to that…”

Diamond smiles as she looks at Ruby and the two giggle at one another. The commander however seems to be getting upset as she just sighs in return.

“BOLLOCKS stop acting like a bunch of immature birds… You ladies are better than that… We have serious business to talk to and I need you both on this case…”

Diamond just sighs in return.

“Yeah yeah… Use us because you have no better options but don’t want to pay us what we are worth… So what is it this time?! Are we going to stop people from robbing a bank…”

“WE DID THAT ALREADY?!”

“Rescue hostages from evil terrorists?!”

Ruby smiles in return.

“We did that as well…”

“Or maybe just maybe this is going to be the case of our biggest payday yet…”

“One could only dream eh?!”

The Commander just sighs as she looks at the women.

“How did I get stuck with you two… I could have had Charlie’s Angels… I could have had the Totally Spies, I would even settle for being in Miami with the Bad Boys at my side but no all I have are two idiots who feels that the world revolves around them…”

Diamond smiles standing up.

“It’s okay luv… the United Kingdom needs us. Where would the National Crime Agency be without having us as it’s best agents. So lay it on thick. What are we going to be doing this time?!”

“Yeah Commander go ahead and tell us…”

The Commander sighs as she glares right at the two women.

“You both are going to be going to Hollywood!!! This entire morning the phone has been ringing off of the hook AND Catherine Wiley has been captured and the Queen and Prime Minister want her to be rescued at all costs…”

Diamond rolls her eyes.

“Why do I care about rescuing some stupid brat who is learning Abroad in the United States. This sounds like an American issue. I am sure the FBI and CIA can pull their heads out of their arses and do something about it…They can’t be that incompetent…”

Ruby smiles.

“Then again look at who is leading their country…I am not a big fan of America in general especially after those wankers wanted to free themselves from our country because we were soo terrible. They can deal with…”

The Commander begins to yell.

“Have a little respect… It is our duty because she is a diplomat from our country. She is the Queen’s Goddaughter and if we don’t get her back into the hands of safety we are going to have one huge World War at our hands. We rather handle this ourselves because if not she is going to send everything over there. Now what I didn’t tell you is that she is being held captive by that of Melanie Disgrace…”

Diamond seems disgusted.

“So disgraceful to pick on an innocent but very bratty English woman…Colour me interested…”

The Commander nods her head.

“Considering that she has always bested you in just about everything it’s time to finally put an end to her. She was able to escape with the Royal Jewels unscathed…”

“SHE GOT LUCKY I WAS ON HER TAIL COMMANDER…”

“Whatever you say love… Melanie has already told us where she will be at. She is planning to keep Catherine aboard a cruise ship in Hollywood. Our job is to beat Melanie otherwise if we can’t she is demanding 1 trillion pounds from our country in exchange for her safety… This mission requires you to go undercover. Aboard that cruise is going to be one huge rock concert filled with so many different bands of different genres…”

Ruby yawns…

“Rock music ewww….”

“I don’t know why you are saying eww that’s how we plan to get you on that ship. We are going to register you both as part of a band and hopefully your band will sound good enough to  at least be able to confront Melanie… If not well you can always do things the violent way….”

Diamond smirks.

“Oh a band… That sounds awful. You think Ruby and I even know anything about music?! Also a band takes more than two people and…”

“Well it has to be this way… Melanie will be entering the ship under an alias and as the front woman of a band named the Fluffy Unicorns… We know Catherine Wiley is somewhere on that ship! As far as you go however. We know that a band takes more than one member which is why you are going to be joined by two other special members of the NCA. The only two women to have received the special code names of special gems just like you. I give to you the special gem of the west from Wales Sapphire…”

It’s at this moment a raven haired woman enters the room with an evil grin on her lips.

“I would say it’s a pleasure to meet you but I don’t really mean that… So let’s just get along with this stupid mission…”

“And of course here is the special gem of the north from Scotland Emerald!”

It’s at that moment a redhead enters into the room. She smiles as she walks over to Ruby and giggles at her.

“That blue hair looks amazing!!!”

“Your red hair looks great and OUTRAGEOUS!!!!”

The Commander looks at all of them.

“You are the four best agents from the National Crime Agency. I expect you four gems to work together and be able to get our girl back. Together you four are the Gem Stones and I expect teamwork…”

Diamond sighs.

“BOLLOCKS… I DON’T DO WELL IN A TEAM!!!!  Also this whole Gem Stones thing… I don’t care if it’s a Ruby, a Sapphire, or even an Emerald… Nothing compares to that of a Diamond. As the saying goes they really do last forever.

Sapphire angrily gets in Kate’s face.

“Whatever do you even know anything about music…”

“I know my way around a guitar…”

“Oh is that so… I bet I am better than you…”

The two look at one another as they glare daggers into each other’s eyes as Kate smiled in return.

“Whatever we can be the gem stones but just so you know I am the best agent in the UK… This is DIAMOND and the Gem Stones… I am what Leonardo was to the Ninja Turtles. What Super Man was to the Justice League. I am the leader and don’t you ever forget that…”

Sapphire keeps her eyes locked on Diamond. This was definitely going to take some getting used too. Would these four agents be able to work together to save the daughter one of England’s most important diplomats only time would tell. With that the director yelled the word CUT and there was applause from the crew. It was going smoother than expected and that was always a good sign…Maybe this movie could be quite the success.

On Camera

The scene comes into focus and as it does we are treated to the likes of Kate Steele standing in front of a camera. She has a wicked grin on her lips to go with that of the Internet Championship that is draped proudly across her shoulders. She can’t help but crack a very wicked grin as she begins to speak.

“Cheers to all of my lovely fans out there. My name is Kate Steele also known to the world as Diamond and I just want to say from the bottom of my heart that is absolutely feels amazing to be here right now. In a little more than a week SCW will once again taking its journey to that of the Sun Princess cruise ship and although we will not be setting sail can I just say from the bottom of my heart that it will actually feel amazing to be on the cruise. It doesn’t need to be moving in order to have tons of fun. Just being on that cruise will be special and it really doesn’t get any better than it does with me entering onto the boat as your SCW Internet Champion. I know it’s a special sight to see with me as your Internet Champion. You all have had the luxury of seeing me hold this title for almost half of the year and that’s impressive…”

Kate shakes her head as she continues to speak.

“I have come to the realization that there are so many title crazed people in this company. There are women out there who will constantly tweet and take shots at certain champions because they feel they are entitled to rematch clauses and will do everything in their power to try to get into a title scene. Alicia you do know I am talking about you. The same could be said for Keira Johnson who constantly keeps asking for round three mainly because she wants this. I know I might have the mouth of a sailor but at the end of the day I know I have the ability to back up every single thing that I say. I have been champion since My Bloody Valentine and I have turned away every single challenger who has tried to rise up to take this title away from me. it doesn’t matter if it was Sam Marlowe, Keira Johnson, or even a hall of famer in Roxi Johnson. The fact of the matter is I make bitches tap out and I move on to fight new challenges. I keep defending this title like my life depended on it and look at me now. I would say I definitely have it all right?!”

Diamond chuckles as she nods her head in agreement.

“I got the movie deal, I got the record deal, and it just keeps getting better and better. I have beaten Dani Weston, Sierra Williams, Mercedes Vargas, Candy, Andrea Hernandez, and I even turned away Evie Jordan from winning this title. I have done it all and I am here to give you some special facts about this title reign. Despite the fact of women such as Andrea Hernandez talking out of her arse back during the Blast From The Past that I didn’t have it in me to be a dominant champion and I don’t know what it means to hold a championship for a long time. I have a newsflash for all of the wankers who can’t accept that I can back up my shit. As of Summer XXXtreme I will have tied Mikah for the longest reign with the Internet Championship. I already have shattered the record for longest combined reign, most combined defenses, and have tied for most defenses in a single reign. In order to fully shatter the record and hold it for my own I just need to make it to August 3rd which just so happens to be the day after Summer XXXtreme….

In order words as long as I get past my opponent and walk away with a defense I won’t be sharing the record with anybody. It will all belong to me and nobody will be able to tell me I don’t deserve to be here. I guess that is where my opponent comes in and it’s the form of Myra Rivers. How’s it going Myra let just say welcome to the big dance. I have had my eyes on you for a while now. I know I might have been running my mouth about you. I might have said some things such as you are going to get buried and I have a golden shovel with your name on it. Let’s be honest here… It’s not like it wasn’t warranted though. I have done nothing but praised you for your work and ability as a competitor. I have done everything in my power to show the level of respect that a wrestler such as you deserves. For a woman who seems to be turning back the clock at the age of 36 your run in SCW has been nothing short then amazing…”

Kate begins to applaud as she claps her hands together.

“Seriously you might have had a small hiccup when you ran into the likes of Bobbie Dahl and she beat the life out of you but since that night you have been on an absolute tear. You have taken down competitor after competitor. You were able to beat a red hot Amber Ryan which is nothing short than impressive. She has been making waves since she has gotten here. She is the World Champion of another promotion and you flat out just beat her at a Super Card. You go on to keep the ball rolling by recently picking up a huge win over a former champion in Alicia Lukas. That is greatness in its purest form. You flat out beat two amazing competitors one who holds the record with the World title in this company and a current champion of another one…”

Kate waves her fingers.

“Despite what you might have heard about me and my often potty mouth I do respect everyone who laces up their boots and steps through those ropes. I knew in my very heart that a woman such as you was far too good to be building yourself up in the realm of the Roulette division. That’s why as soon as you beat Amber Ryan I had made it known that I wanted to face you. I wanted to step into the ring with you because your style resembles mine. You have the ability to pull out a submission out of nowhere. You can chain moves together with your amazing technical skillset. You just are talented all around…

Instead of being thankful for me noticing your talents as a wrestler and as a human your tweets showed that you weren’t thankful for any of it. You basically said you didn’t know if you could trust me… Bitch I am giving you a Championship match. What type of a stunt would I be pulling by doing that.i know it’s confusing considering there are certain people in this business who would rather call out nobodies so they could pad their reigns by having easy defenses but that has never been my style. I rather aim straight for the top and I want to be the fighting champion who fights the best of the best…. It’s what winners do. They just go out there and continuously try to improve themselves, and you don’t get anywhere by fighting people who aren’t on your level…

I however gave you that respect because even at 36 I do feel you are talented. Age hasn’t slowed you down by any means and even though you are in your twenties which might have been filled with being injuries. You still have showed you had more in the tank. You still have it in you to throw bombs down that field and get those touchdowns when they matter the most. So good job on that…

I for one know especially when somebody is actually sorry ass and isn’t as good as they say they are. As a strong New York Jets fan because of my husband i have definitely seen my share of pure shit in our secondary. Calvin Pryor, Dee Milliner, and Kyle Wilson all men who came from hot shot schools with so much potential and their only job was to put up a good defense to stop people such as you from scoring on them. At that point it didn’t mean jack shit where they came from because once they jumped into that big pond they got torched and burned.

I am sure even you would have burnt them and left them in your dust, and that’s what you have done since coming to SCW especially by beating the talent that you have in this company.

Hell even when we did get somebody good like Jamal Adams they have a good year or two and immediately think they are entitled world and when they don’t get their way they start blaming everybody threatening to leave because they think the world revolves them. Reminds me of Alicia Lukas but then again you burnt her too. So you are a true class act in my eyes. Someone who is worthy of the respect…

Yet where the fuck is my respect?!”

Kate shrugs her shoulders.

“I however don’t get any but then it hit me… You openly said you were a Dolphins fans and you can’t stand Jets fan. We were bound to have our run in at some point especially the amount of disrespect you gave my team by stating you felt that the division was very winnable all because you drafted Tua Tagovailloa?! Bitch sit the fuck down… You expect just because he put up a good pre draft video of him working out post injury that he is going to get back on the saddle and just dominant the leg as an unproven rookie. You think he is somehow going to be just like you who just immediately jumps into the fray and sets the standard?!

You obviously must be smoking something or still on that Fitzmagic nonsense if you think you are just going to pull out a huge win and upset that dropped the Patriots out of a first round bye and you can run around celebrating like you just won everything. Get that rubbish out of my face… That should be expected from somebody as tasteless as a Dolphins fan…

You can say whatever you wish but it still doesn’t change the fact that I am the Sam Darnold of this division. In the same way that he was the future and best QB of the AFC East the same could be said of me. I will not be insulted by you Myra… Whatever bombs you plan to throw over my head would be quickly intercepted. I am going to completely own your shit. Not just because I can but for the simple reason I know I am better than you…

You might have had TWO huge wins this year and that’s great on people but you are looking at a woman who hasn’t been pinned or submitted this entire year. In order for you to become a champion you have to do one of two things that just hasn’t been done yet at all…What gives you any right to think you will be able to do either of the sort?!”

Kate shakes her head.

“Not a single thing. That’s where we differ. You are putting respectable best newcomer stats but I am putting up MVP numbers I am clearly the most improved, and I have deterred Roxi, Keira, Evie, Dani, Sam, and so many more. Need I go on?! The proof clearly is in the pudding and you just don’t have it in you… Maybe you might think so in your head after all you are chasing title number 19 as you wish number 20 to be your big World title moment… So I am going to sit here and really accept you basically telling me I am nothing more than a stepping stone for you to reach 20?! Get the fuck out of here with that shit…

What’s funny is I started wrestling four years after you. I am 7 years younger than you and I also have 18 Championships to my name is well. It actually makes us equals… Scratch that I am better than you. The record definitely speaks for itself. Instead of counting your chickens before it hatches why don’t you focus on actually doing whatever you can to not tap out like a little bitch… Let’s see if you have that in you…”

Kate takes a long deep breath as she continues to speak.

“So honestly what do you really have against me… You said you had to do your long research and what exactly will you find?! That I change my hair colour a lot?! That I am all over the place?! That I went crazy while secretly supporting my husband as Diamond the whole time which was like the worst kept secret or that Belinda even beat me in a match… Bitch just go somewhere with that rubbish… Tell everyone something they don’t already know. As much as you might bring all of that up it still doesn’t change the fact that I have by far been the most dominant woman in the entire Bombshell division this year. It has never impacted my wrestling and I just keep getting better with every passing year. So my question is how do you plan to stop me Myra?!. What are you truly going to do that many others haven’t been able to do… I guess that is the question that needs to be answered doesn’t it…

While you figure that out I will turn you away. I will continue to be the Diamond in the Rough for I am Kate Steele and this is my division. I am nobodies stepping stone. Welcome to your burial Myra… You have been good but honestly it just won’t be enough… See you soon and best of lucky. You certainly will need it…”

With that Kate can only look deeply into the lens of the camera and it’s on this image that we slowly fade out on.
user posted image

user posted image

Myra Rivers

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 10:51:40 PM »
 July 18, 2002

I will never forget my 18th birthday: my freedom from my father, being able to live life on my own and the best part? Finally getting to start my wrestling journey. Looking at a fine wrestling facility in Coral Gables, I stepped out of my car. I was clueless as to how things were in wrestling. There was a man in his early 50’s and I could tell he was unimpressed with me. He didn’t care for my elegant Corvette, nor did he care for my glittering nails or my exaggeratingly styled, curled hair or all the makeup I was wearing on my face, nor the designer brands I was wearing.

“Are you Scott Lockley?” I asked him.

“Yes…” he said. “...do you have a boyfriend that’s here or something?”

“No… I’m single. I’m here to start my wrestling training…”

Mr. Lockley laughed in my face.

“That’s going to be $10,000 to cover your whole training, you know that, right?”

I rolled my eyes, pulling out a pre-written check I wrote for that amount, handing it to him.

“...how the hell?”

“Not to brag… especially since I hate my dad and all but…”

“Is this a joke?” Mr. Lockley asked me. “You’re one of those silver spooners aren’t you? Why do you even want to wrestle? Give me a good reason!”

“I’ll give you two! First off, I REALLY want to be a big star and…”

“There’s a HELL of a lot more to it than that. Listen princess, I’ll give you back your check. Don’t waste daddy’s money on this. There’s no way you’re serious about this.”

“I am… I’ve been wanting to do this since I was seven… I’m WAY smarter than I look! I was in the top 10 percent of my class at Gulliver and I met your son and he knows! Ask him! I REALLY want to do this and really live the dream my way!”

“You come here dressed like that and you expect me to think you’re serious.”

“My mom was a wrestler… before her career was cut short…”

“Really? What’s your name then? If you’re a child of someone I’ve known in this business, I’d know about it...” he asked me, again giving off the vibe that he wasn’t taking me seriously.

“Myra…”

“Go home, preppy princess… I don’t know any wrestler’s kid by that name…”

“...MIRANDA…” I said, annoyed at having to use the full version of my first name. “Miranda Rivers…”

“Miranda… where have I….” Mr. Lockley pauses, eyebrows raised as something finally rings a bell to him “... you’re Trina’s daughter....”

“...you knew my mother?”

“Trina Rivers…” he says with a nostalgic smile. “What a woman! She was one of the best wrestlers I had ever seen. She sacrificed a lot for you, I’ll tell you that. Listen… I’m sorry. I didn’t realize HOW serious you were about this. Looking at you, everything makes sense. I always told her that your father was terrible… and I can see some of his negative influence on you already…”

“I finally got away from him today… GOD what a relief! I HATE HIM! But… that’s… something different…”

“Listen… I’ll take you in… but this business? Sweetheart, this is NOT the glitz and glamour that you think it is… and you’re going to realize that right away…”

Being 18, I didn’t know what he meant at that point. All I was thinking about was the fame and the fortune that came with it. I was thinking about having my name up on the marquee, being the best women’s wrestler in the world and being a groundbreaker for my generation. I was completely unaware the price I would have to pay for the stardom that my teenage self was naively hungering for. I used to think that professional wrestling was just an avenue to be a massive star… but now? With my age having doubled, with being on a roster full of the toughest competition I’ve ever had to face, my views have completely changed.

After my huge win over Alicia Lukas… I really understood what my trainer and subsequent father figure meant on the day that I met him. This business is a hell of a lot more than being a star, having your name up in lights and being the best in the world… and this perspective that’s been growing within me is what’s going to help me become the SCW Internet Champion...

July 12, 2020

After I had my heart to heart with Andrea Hernandez, I sat alone in my private suite letting that massive win over Alicia sink in. I reflected on the sights and sounds. I thought about the zen attitude I had throughout and how my heart and my spirit kept pushing me to do better and better as the match went along. When I wrestled Alicia, I wasn’t thinking ahead at all and I wasn’t focusing on her reputation. I reflected on the Rebel Bomb that I hit right at the end of the match. I relived that three count in my head and while I wasn’t openly celebrating, it was still enough to bring a smile to my face.

“That’s exactly why I still do what I love…” I said to myself, without any cameras of the sort being on, as I continued to reflect. “...when you go out there in a main event, giving it everything you got, knowing that the people that count on you are going to be proud of you no matter what, that you have nothing to lose and so much to gain, that it’s impossible for your opponent to break you… and when everything clicks… and you go out there and pick up the biggest win you’ve had in a LONG time… GOD… it feels amazing…”

As warmth and pride filled my heart, I knew deep down that the win over Alicia was definitely going to be up there with some of the biggest wins I’ve had in my long career… a top 20 win for me for sure.

“To put it all out there and win a match like that, validating all of the amazing things you ever learned…” I continued in my own thoughts “...it’s a surreal feeling. A match like that is what wrestling is all about. An outcome like that… the rewards of understanding what it MEANS to be a professional wrestler… the thrill of it… it’s worth all the tribulations that you go through along the way. And to think…”

I paused my thoughts as I stood up from my chair and began to leave the suite.

“...just a few months ago… I thought I was at the end of my rope. I still didn’t understand what I understand now. I was ready to give up and just be done with this…

Mid-March 2020

It was a week after my last match in Carnage Wrestling. I sat on my living room couch feeling empty and alone. My sister Adrianna was right there with me not knowing what to say.

“I don’t know what to do now…” I admitted to her. “I wanted to be the one to break the mold and to finally show that company the type of star that I am and the star that they’ve grossly overlooked for so long during their never ending obsession with Paragon and I failed…”

“Myra… don’t take it so hard…”

“Title for title… Ultraviolet title vs. World title… I had that perfect ending wrapped up for me. I could at least show Kimberly that I wasn’t a monster like she thought I was after she saw me beat someone else upside the head constantly with a ringbell… and I failed her… I had the chance to go out as the star that I’ve always been… and instead? I’m being scraped up and put on a stretcher, carried out like a forgotten piece of shit while something else is going on in the ring just to put me in the backburner like I’ve always been in that company… now? I have nothing. No stardom. No world championship. No job. It was all or nothing and I ended up with nothing…”

“It’s going to be fine… somehow…”

“What do you mean it’s going to be fine?” I asked my sister with an angry tone in my voice. “Tell me… is there a wrestling company out there that is even going to give me a chance anymore? I’m in my mid-thirties. Strike one! Prior to Carnage, I was making everyone’s life miserable in GCW and I probably still carry a stigma of being the megalomaniacal bully I was for years! Strike two! Strike three? The fact that I try SO hard to do things the right way and yet on occasion, I STILL fall victim to the temptation of my old, dark, brutal ways. I’m not strong enough to fight off that temptation. I’m never going to redeem myself, Adri…

I doubt I have anything more to offer to the business at this point…

I’ve lost the mission…”

“You’re damn right you have…” Adrianna told me. “You were supposed to represent the best of yourself and do right by the business. But on your way out the door in Carnage, you were anything but that. Your insecurity dragged you down. You wanted to be a bigger star than the status quo and that’s all you cared about… that’s why you fell victim to temptation. That’s why you hated everyone else other than yourself so much. You were too damn focused on having the world revolve around YOU.”

“There’s no way anyone’s going to give me another chance…” I admitted “...not after all the horrible things I’ve done over the years…”

The guilt of my sins from the last four to five years were really eating at me now.

“You keep falling into the same trap because being a big star is all you care about… and nothing is ever going to change until you do just that…”

“Yeah…” I said with a regretful sigh. “You’re definitely not wrong about that…”

Adrianna didn’t have another word to say as she left me alone. It was here, for the first time in my entire career, where I realized that I was facing an uncertain future. Was I ever going to get another chance in this business? Was I ever going to learn how to stop getting in my own way as I had done for years and years? Was I ever going to learn how to be at peace with myself and to be strong when I’d spent an entire career always worrying about being the best women’s wrestler in the world, being better than everyone else and cutting down everyone in my path, their livelihoods be damned? Was I ever going to learn how to stop taking things for granted and wrestling with the most selfish intentions?

I was at a crossroads.

And I knew that in order for me to attain the lasting legacy that I wanted in this business and in order for me to obtain a long coveted happiness that’s been missing for me in professional wrestling for so long… that I had to change my focus… and at long last… after 12 years in the mainstream… I had to grow up and be my age.

July 12, 2020

I walked back inside of my hotel room seeing my proud boyfriend Jason Schneider waiting for me by the mirror. I flashed a quick smile at him and I know he was proud of me for the huge win I attained on this night. We walked up to each other and we hugged, further adding to the great feelings that I was experiencing.

“I’m so proud of you…” he told me. “I don’t know how you did it… just that you did it. We should celebrate…”

I wasn’t feeling celebratory at all despite that big win. I would only grow confused as he reached into a mini-fridge and pulled out a couple of bottles of champagne.

“Jay…” I said with an annoyed tone. “...I’m not doing that.”

“You beat Alicia Lukas… ALICIA LUKAS… do you REALIZE how BIG of a FUCKING DEAL THAT IS? If it were me, I’d be partying until I’m drunk and passed out. This is unlike you to just treat this thing as… well… for lack of a better phrase, another day in the office.”

“I’m going to be honest with you, Alicia is the last thing I’m thinking about right now. I won and that was a thrill and it was amazing… but… I’m not that woman anymore, Jay. I’m not doing this to be this massive big star anymore. I feel like it’s wrong to be celebrating this win. I don’t want to run up the score on Alicia…”

“But she does the same thing to…”

I gave him a stern look, causing him to pause.

“I’m not running up the score and I’m not going to celebrate. I’m going to focus on Kate and that’s that.”

Jason didn’t seem too pleased by my attitude, shrugging as he grabbed the bottles. He went back to the mini-fridge and while he was putting the bottles away, I sat on the edge of the bed and slipped off my heels.

“You’re not… mad at me… are you?”

Jason sighs, though not in an angry fashion. He sits next to me on the bed and wraps an arm around me.

“I’m not…” he said. “In fact… you’re right. I was so damn happy for you that I got carried away. I can’t help it… I’ve loved you for so long and all I want more than anything in this world is for you to be happy and successful and you’re definitely showing that you can be and will continue to be. All of my years being any way involved with this business and you are, without a shadow of a doubt, the strongest woman I have EVER met.”

“Is that why you love me so much?” I asked with a laugh.

“It’s complicated to explain… but when I first laid eyes on you when we met 11 years ago, I knew there was something special about you. I couldn’t put a finger on it yet.”

“So you’re saying that ‘love’ is the reason why you wanted to own my contract so much, torture me and put me through a horrible hell again and again?” I asked, laughing some more. “God, a decade ago we put each other through so much shit…”

“I gave you the WORST punishment I’ve EVER put anyone through at that stage of my career and you STILL survived and you STILL kept overcoming me. That’s how I know you were a strong woman. It’s that strength in your heart that drives me fucking crazy! I see you go out there and score big wins over Amber Ryan and Alicia Lukas and I’m just wild on the inside. I’ve seen you go through A LOT of hell over the years… more than just about everyone in this business…”

Jason pauses as he slides onto the bed, lying down on it. I did the same, resting my head on a pillow as he continued to talk.

“2011… when you had blown out just about everything that was holding your ankle together… when you were told that the injury was ‘career threatening’. I remember the devastation on your face… I remember when you were shattered… how you cried for hours… thinking that you were never going to be able to do this again… that your career was really over… but you defied the odds… you managed to come back from that… even if it took you almost a year. Lesser women would’ve accepted the end. You didn’t…

Your two year retirement… maternity… not wanting to come back after the way things ended for you in PRW, having endured hell after hell in your 20’s with injury after injury and wrestling with the guilt in your mind that you were a terrible mother just because you lost to your worst enemy ever in what you thought was your last match…”

“I’m glad it wasn’t…” I said with a smile. “I’m grateful for the fact that I even had an opportunity to come back… though it took me about five years to actually be so grateful for it. I would’ve saved myself a whole lot of hell if I just looked at it that way…”

I was definitely feeling regret for some of the horrible things I had done for years when I returned to wrestling, but Jason stroked my hair for a few moments as an assurance that I had nothing to be regretful for anymore.

“If I just came back and saw it from the perspective that I have now… that I was just GLAD to be back in the business… instead of coming back, being a glory hog and wanting to rewrite my entire career up to that point because of how ashamed I was of it at the time… then…”

“Don’t do that to yourself…” Jason said. “Don’t play the ‘what if? Game. What happened happened. You made your mistakes. You grew from them. You learned from them. If everything was happy go lucky when you came back five years ago… if you didn’t go through the ringer in UWA… if you didn’t suffer through your own insecurities for years… if you didn’t go through the psychological pain you were putting yourself through day after day… you wouldn’t be as strong as you are now. You think I love you because you’re perfect and because you’ve never made mistakes? Hell no! Perfect is boring! I love you because you’ve fucked up a lot…”

“Geez! THANKS!” I said with a laugh.

“Coming back from maternity leave and acting like nothing happened and then conquering the world and being the biggest star… that doesn’t quite have a nice ring to it… does it?”

I shook my head and leaned into him, feeling a bit better about some of the ups and downs of my own career.

“I spent all this time hating myself for some of the worst parts of my career but… I wouldn’t be doing the amazing things that I’ve been doing since coming to Sin City Wrestling if I never learned how to struggle, and fall and fuck up and endure some of the cruelest, harshest shit any professional wrestler would ever have to go through…”

This realization definitely put me in a relaxed state of mind. Beating Alicia Lukas definitely brought some of the past back into perspective.

“It’s taken me a long time to really find my place in this business as a wrestler and as a person…” I thought to myself “...I admit that it was hard for me for so long bouncing from place to place to place, looking for a home, burning my bridges along the way with various promotions from NSWA all the way to Carnage Wrestling. But now I know for a fact that I can be successful here. I already knew that at heart, but picking up the win that I did tonight ensures that for good. It’s hard to believe I’m turning 36 in a few days because against all the odds and against all adversity from the adversity that stands in front of me every week in the ring, to the unexpected adversity like injuries and cruel losses and to adversity that I’ve created myself so many times… I’m still getting better with age! I know that by the time I face Kate Steele in that ring in a few weeks that there isn’t a damn thing in the world she can take away from me no matter how bad she wants to spin anything I say and do.”

This determination in my mind to keep fighting and to continue to be blessed with the career that I have kept me in a very peaceful state.

“Jay?” I said to my boyfriend.

“Yeah?”

“I thank you so much for telling me all that. I had no idea I meant that much to you and it’s eye opening to see that there’s someone in this world that loves me and believes in me despite everything that I’ve been through.”

“You’re only scratching the surface in regards to the strength that you’re just tapping into” he reminded me. I could smile at that knowing how true that it was… that I was slowly but surely redeeming myself and at the same time showing the world every piece of the core that makes me the wrestler that I am. Tonight’s win was certainly an eye opening experience but I knew that a huge battle was ahead.

Kate Steele showed already that she wasn’t going to relax or go easy on me just because I picked up a huge win.

I knew that the way I was going to beat her was more than just being zen and focusing on one moment at a time. I knew that in addition to that, I had to look back at my shortcomings, my flaws and my sins and I had to embrace every single one of them no matter how difficult or how brutal they may have been at times. I fell asleep on this night in my boyfriend’s arms feeling as relaxed about this business than I had ever felt in years. Waking up the next morning, I certainly knew that the best times of my career were very much still ahead.

As much as I’d like to say that I’m a saint and that everything has gone my way and that I’ve been a paragon of virtue my entire career… I know that’s a lie… but from the worst of my worst… I know I can gather the strength and perspective that I need to become the SCW Internet Champion…

2009…

“You are on a SERIOUS roll, Myra… a serious roll…”

I remember smiling as I had two NSWA championship belts: the TV and the Women’s title, in my possession. The interviewer that I was talking to on global television that night was impressed with what I had been able to accomplish up to this point as he continued to talk to me.

“You have to be the most successful women’s star in NSWA history!”

“You got THAT right!” I said with a smile, soaking in all the fame and the glory that being a big wrestling star was all about.

“But… no woman in NSWA has ever been a world champion….”

“I’m going to be the first, because that’s the type of star that I am” I said with bold intentions in mind. “I came to this business to be the best wrestler in the world and that’s what I am going to be when I finish off this tournament with a victory! Anthony Phoenix and Simon Sensation are a couple of fossils that need to pack it up and go home! I am not just the future of the NSWA, I’m the future of this BUSINESS… PERIOD! I’m a groundbreaker of my generation! All the HATERS that I have here… and GOD there are so many JEALOUS ONES… they’re going to be at my feet begging me to forgive them when I prove them all wrong and walk out of here as the first woman to ever be NSWA champion…”

I remember how bold and brash I was 11 years ago… cocky as hell… full of myself… blind to anything and everything that could happen to me that would suppress the admittedly large ego that I had in my younger years! I LOVED sticking it to haters back then… but then… my own brashness bit me in the ass for the first time in my career on this particular evening…

Both of the named men I was facing, they threw me over the top rope and I landed on my right ankle completely wrong. It was like someone took a dagger and stabbed it right in the bone. It was the most painful feeling I had experienced at this point in my career… and one that would alter my future.

A few days later…

I was in the trainer’s room, still able to walk… even if it was more like a limp. Looking at a wrapped ankle was not my idea of fun… nor was the doctor telling me it was a Grade 2 sprain.

“We’re going to have to vacate your belts…” my NSWA boss told me, while I was stunned in silence.

“But… I don’t need surgery. I can just do rehab for two weeks and I’ll be fine…” I tried to assure him. “The doctor even said so…”

“I don’t care… we’re vacating the belts… and we’re requiring you to have surgery!”

“But that’s going to put me out for at least 3 months!” I stubbornly said.

“I need the belts… NOW!”

In a flash of anger I grabbed my two championships and rudely tossed them on the floor.

“THERE! I always knew you wanted to hold me back from being the star I was born to be… and I’m not going to take it anymore. I QUIT!”

My NSWA boss was stunned at this, as a 24 year old me didn’t seem to care that she had just burnt her first bridge of many in this business. Limping out of NSWA’s offices for the final time and moving on to PRW was certainly awkward as hell, but I wasn’t going to be denied.

January 2011…

“MYRA! MYRA!” I could hear the fans around me say over and over again! I was beaming and smiling as I was signing autographs inside of a pre-show convention in Toronto.

“You’re the best wrestler in the world” a fan told me.

“YOU KNOW IT!” I said back.

“How do you do it?” Another fan asked me. “How are you so awesome? How is it that you’re this huge star?”

“Look honey, I’m simply the best, okay? There isn’t a soul in PRW’s locker room that is better than I am! I’ve held this PRW World Championship longer than anyone else! I’ve exposed overhyped main eventers as just that… overhyped! I’ve thwarted my rivals again and again. Luciana Verdoza is irrelevant because of me! Jason Schneider? What a bitch! You know, it was a hell of a pleasure making him my personal bitch for months… tonight’s challenge? Defending this title against a tournament winner? Having to prepare for someone that’s already wrestled? Yeah, it’ll be a breeze for me. I’ll still be world champion when it’s all said and done…”

Only… I lost that world title on this night… and on top of that? The woman that beat me? She wound up taking my place as the top star in PRW for the rest of its existence… a fact that cauterized me for quite some time.

Summer 2015

“I’m back in this business after a two year absence because I think it’s about time that people remember who the hell I am as a professional wrestler…” I told a radio host on an old podcast.

“You’ve been gone for two years, Myra…” the host reminded me. “... and this business… it may have passed you by while you’ve been gone. Don’t get me wrong, during your prime…”

“EXCUSE ME?”

“...we don’t know if you’re that good… I’m just saying that during your prime… you were one of the better technical wrestlers in the world…”

“No… I was one of the BEST…” I reminded him. “Ten championships, three of them world championships! I was PRW’s franchise star for some time. Why are you downgrading me to being a ‘better technical wrestler’ I’m still a star! I know I can step in there against everyone else and be completely better than them on any given night. I don’t care if I’m in my thirties now or if it’s been two years! I am ONE OF THE BEST! PERIOD! You don’t get to disrespect a star like me....”

“I’m not denying your accomplishments, but you were constantly injured before you retired. You left perhaps a world championship or two on the table being hurt so much…”

“I’m going to do whatever it takes for my legacy to be written differently… the injury-prone, heart-on-her-sleeve crybaby that struggled to be a main eventer again after 2011 is dead and gone, alright? I’m not missing time due to injuries. I’m not going to take a backseat to anyone. The star of her generation is back, got it? And I don’t give a damn about who I have to hurt and whose career I have to end in order to make that happen…”

So began the stretch of a few years where I was manipulating everything in my favor and taking complete underhanded tactics to get my way… which won me a few championships and put me back on the map.

Taking the trip down memory lane and realizing that I was quite the arrogant witch back in the day didn’t have me feeling sorry for myself. Instead, looking back at some of these old memories amused me. It reminded me that wanting to be number one and nothing beneath that is something that can put ANY wrestler on the path to self-destruction… as it had done to me many years ago. Remembering how bitter and insecure I felt certainly had me thinking about Summer XXXtreme and it absolutely had me thinking about Kate Steele…

...and that’s when I began to realize that facing Kate was like facing a complete mirror reflection of who I used to be in my younger years…

That cockiness? That brashness? The need to always be in everyone’s face to rub in everything she’s accomplished? The need to talk at length about herself and how much better she is than somebody else? How fragile of an ego she has with taking everything so personal and responding with the most outlandish nonsense? The need to be a star and to try to expand her brand and her name in every direction possible?

How uniquely fitting this match was going to be considering my own journey.

Knowing that everything I described above was at one point a part of me in every which way had me smiling because now I knew exactly how I was going to take that Internet Championship from her.

July 25, 2020

The camera comes on and all the perspective I gathered after my victory over Alicia Lukas is certainly in my conscience as I begin to express my true and honest thoughts...

“The words ‘I know what I am up against’ couldn’t be any more relevant than they are right now… but before I get to that, I want to mention that practically everything about my tenure in this company so far has been completely surreal. After imploding and leaving Carnage Wrestling in disgrace, I thought I was done. I didn’t think that there was a market for a wrestler in her mid-30’s who’s carried a reputation like I have… and by reputation, I don’t mean that word in a positive sense at all. But Sin City Wrestling gave me a chance and it’s fair to say that I haven’t wasted it. I know that there were some doubters. Someone my age walking into a company like this and NOT embarrassing herself? The odds of that weren’t great, but I knew deep down in my heart that even at my age, I could still hang with the best of the best in the world. I showed that when I beat Amber Ryan. Many of you wrote it off as a fluke, Kate herself made the excuse that she was ‘just getting used to wrestling in SCW’ or whatever bullshit she tried to throw in there. And then… two weeks ago happened. If beating Amber Ryan SHOWED that I can hang with the best in the world, then beating Alicia Lukas PROVED that. That’s as little as I am going to say about my last match because at the end of the day, I try to look forward and not allow myself to get caught up in the moment and Kate… I wouldn’t be surprised if you were hoping that I’d still be caught up in that victory…

But I’m not…

From the moment that final bell rang on my last match, I have been focused and driven on you. I’ve been training like my normal self, just like I always do, and I prepared for this match by taking a unique psychological perspective on things. That’s part of being a champion: knowing your opponent on a psychological level… and with you… I feel like I do… because Kate… I don’t know if you’ve realized this or not, but we’re very much alike in many ways. I’m talking about the technical backgrounds, I’m talking about the accolades, I’m talking about the drive to be head and shoulders above the competition… these are all great things, don’t get me wrong on that. That passion and determination to be better than what you were in your last match, I DO see that in you and I do see why you are one of the most technically gifted athletes around today. You wouldn’t be such a strong Internet champion when the chips are down if you weren’t that. But… see… that’s where the positive similarities end Kate…

And before I dive in here… I’m going into this with the mindset that nothing I say is going to matter to you… that unless I completely sugar coat everything for you… which… FUCK NO, that’s not happening… you’re going to be offended by just about everything. That being said… I see a lot of myself in you in the sense that… I see the UGLIER parts of me… the ones that I had to deal with in my younger years. You have shown on multiple occasions over the last week the inability to take ANY sort of criticism. Been there. Done that. Earlier in my career, I HATED when people branded me as anything less than what I was worth. When I look at you, I see someone in myself that at one point or another, felt that professional wrestling was about dominating everyone and hoarding all the championships. I’ve seen you be as boastful as you have been in the past in regards to your most recent championship defenses… but I’ve also seen you behave in ways that are honestly quite stupid… you know… like all the times you tried to go down Andrea’s throat criticizing her if she even wore the wrong colored wrestling top during a match. Been there, done that. I used to want to shove ‘I’m SO great’ down everyone’s throats… that or ‘YOU’RE SO SHIT’... and it made me one of the most divisive figures in the locker room. You have this cult of personality obsession with yourself… having to surround yourself with a support group of people that tell you everything that you want to hear… but the moment someone like me comes along and says anything that’s even an IOTA of negative about you, you flip your shit and you lose it. For EVERYTHING you’ve done in this business… for being as strong of a technical wrestler as you are… I know that psychologically? You’re fragile.

One of the most blatant examples of this was a few weeks ago following my victory. You couldn’t let me have my moment. Hell, you couldn’t even let the announcement of my name escape into that microphone. No, YOU had to say your piece and have the last word and who’s fault is that? Is it mine? YOU feel the need to validate yourself with your mouth and not just your skills because you’re one of those wrestlers that act like nothing is ever good enough for them. Satisfied with being a dominant Internet Champion? Hell no… let me jump on social media, stir shit up with Andrea and start talking about how I’m coming for the world title…

Satisfied with having a worthy title defense for this coming show? HELL NO! Bring out the talk about golden shovels and take lame, stupid, juvenile shots at my age and the way I look just because I’m not cowering in fear of you.

The fact that you’ve been as strong of a champion as you’ve been and you STILL seek attention and you STILL seek validation is an exposition of your flaws and your fragile psyche. Have you ever gone back and listened to yourself on anything you’ve ever said? Have you ever REGRETTED or OWNED UP to whenever you’re wrong? I don’t think so. SOMEHOW, me talking about winning my 19th and 20th championships and wanting one of them to be my 5th world title is translated to ‘Kate Steele is a stepping stone’. Are you fucking kidding me, Kate? I get that you’re a pseudo-celebrity outside the wrestling world who hangs around Christina Rose and co. a lot and probably has her own publicist, but on WHAT level did I EVER say that you were a stepping stone? You took something I said, twisted it… and made it all about YOU… which… go figure, because EVERYTHING needs to revolve around YOU, right? YOU’RE the one getting insulted over a statement that has practically little to do with you… you just happen to be the champion that #19 may be at the expense of.

You think I WANT to use you as an example?

An example of WHAT?

I don’t NEED to make an example out of you. I don’t WANT to make an example out of you. Earlier in my career… when I carried the same old attitude that you carry around right now… “OH EVERYONE’S AGAINST ME! I MUST DESTROY EVERYONE”.... Yeah, you bet I’d want to do that for the sake of my own ego. But I’ve grown up, Kate… I don’t need to make examples out of anyone anymore. I’m not that kind of wrestler that uses someone else as their message bitch. You’re right… I’m NOT going to use you as an example… because I don’t fucking want to! You’re THAT threatened by me that you feel like I’d want to do that to you? When NOTHING of the sort was ever brought up until YOU brought it up?

I empathize… I know your pain because I’ve been there. I had been there for pretty much my entire career before I got here. You feel the need to be validated by everyone. You feel the need to be BETTER than everyone. Your little backhanded compliment there… about how my arsenal is impressive, but you do it better… like a little fucking child… “anything you can do, I can do better”... come on Kate, grow up, will you? You felt the need to run down ALL of your accomplishments in that ring that night… all while advertising yourself as a big fucking deal… which you are, don’t get me wrong on that… but the gross need to throw that in my face… throw that in everyone’s face… that’s the type of shit I used to do and I did it because I felt like I needed that validation… that I needed everyone else to worship me and appreciate my ‘greatness’ or what have you because I’d be sleeping at night, soul sick, feeling like nothing I ever did was good enough and that I’d always be unappreciated in this business. I carried on this ‘woe is me’ attitude in this business for a long time… always feeling like people were out to get me, always feeling like companies were conspiring against me to hold me back, always feeling as if nobody appreciated any of the work that I put into that ring… I get it, Kate. It’s natural for someone like yourself to feel that way and subsequently behave the way you do as a result of that… you’ve got a LOT of pressure on your shoulders… not just with the championship that you hold… but with your interests outside of this business as well and sometimes you will have your moments where you just collapse under it all and decide that it’s too much for you.

You want to be this hotshot big star in and out of wrestling… so anything you do for your own reputation, right? I wouldn’t be shocked if somewhere along the way, you regretted wanting to face me… and after my win a couple of weeks ago, you probably had an ‘I’m fucked’ feeling in your head. What if I lost that match, Kate? I doubt you would have gone in the ring and gotten on the microphone and done what you did. You would’ve been satisfied enough with seeing me lose. My victory ate at you… you wouldn’t have tried to steal my thunder with that stupid little rant if it didn’t! You think I haven’t watched back that match and heard you screaming “NO!” just before I beat Alicia? It’s incredible… part of me wants to think this is personal between you and me from your perspective… I have every reason to believe that it is. You’re the one that originally wanted this and maybe I WAS a bit out of line in questioning your motivations initially, but this is what YOU wanted, remember that?

And every time I even SAY anything to you… you take it as this personal attack… when it’s not EVEN personal. I don’t even KNOW YOU well enough to make things personal but there you and Christina are on Climax Control last week referring to Andrea and I as ‘bullies’. I’m a ‘bully’, Kate? Why? Because I’ve gone out and said that I don’t like you a couple of times? THAT’S bullying? Because I know what your reputation is in this business… with a portion of that not being positive whatsoever… and I bring it up as a talking point? Bringing up some skeletons, saying that I don’t like you and somewhere in your warped head talking about my goals equating to you being a stepping stone is ‘bullying’? Kate, you don’t even know me. Not only is ANYTHING I’ve said about you FAR from bullying… but maybe you should meet 2016 Myra… THAT was a bully! Andrea knows all about that Myra…”

Bringing up a point in my career where I was one of the most vile, wretched people in the business certainly made me pause and sigh for a bit before I continued.

“I was a monster a few years ago Kate…

I treated EVERYONE like garbage! I would always be on social media making fun of other people. I would always instigate nonsense for no reason. I used to be that bitch that would play games with other people’s minds and do everything that I could to destroy the company I was working for and to repaint this business in my image. I’d take one of my proteges and off camera, I’d beat the shit out of them and rip their clothes into tatters if they wouldn’t do something my way. I used to be in Andrea’s face ALL the time telling her over and over that she would never amount to anything… I would verbally abuse her DAILY… my ex and I would ALWAYS gang up on her and make her life miserable… we would ALWAYS laugh at her whenever she lost just to run up the score a little bit more. Hell, there was even a time on life television where I tore her top off and beat her with a belt, humiliating her in front of the whole world just for being ‘disobedient’ and for even TRYING to ‘be better than me’. I’m not mentioning all of this because I’m proud of it… I’m STILL ashamed of myself for ever being such a HORRIBLE person at that time… I’m mentioning it for the sake of the perspective you sorely lack. You want to drop that word on me over some “MEAN THINGS” I said about you… but if you met me four years ago, you’d have HATED me… I’d be treating you SO much worse than I already have… and there’s no way you would’ve been able to handle it… not with how fragile you are.

Woops… there’s me calling you fragile with facts that support it, I guess that makes me a bully, right?

But Keira Johnson is the one pretending to be a hero and twisting history in the way she wants it to be perceived. Right… the same person that took a comment I said that had little to do with her and made it out to be a personal attack is talking about someone else twisting history. You’re lecturing Keira about how to promote a match but the only thing you’ve promoted is ‘me me me, everyone needs to respect me. Myra’s a bully. Myra’s using me as a stepping stone. I have to be better than her. Me me me.’

I’ve been holding back on saying this until now… but now I’m going to just outright say it. I do believe you when you say that you want to put on a technical classic. I do believe you when you say that you want a tough title defense. I do believe you when you say you want to be the best Internet Champion possible. I’m with all of that. I know that those are your priorities. And you know what… if your main goal really WAS about being a fighting champion… I’d have a hell of a lot of respect for you… at least more than I do right now anyway. Those ARE your goals… but I’m inclined to believe that those aren’t your MAIN goals.

It’s not MAINLY about being the best Internet Champion, it’s not mainly about the technical wrestling aspect of it… no… it’s more about the ‘golden shovels’. It’s more personal for you. For you, it’s more about being better than me than it is being a fighting champion. It’s about shutting me up for saying ‘mean things’ about you, then it is putting on a show stealer of a match. You don’t want to tap me out JUST to retain the title… you want to do so because you think it’s going to humiliate me and that’s not me making a mountain out of a molehill… that’s the logical conclusion of the way you’ve been treating me… like I’m the most evil fucking thing that’s ever stepped foot in the ring with you. I can’t even hate you or even DISLIKE YOU for this… because I’ve worn those shoes before Kate…

For years I carried with an attitude that the whole world was against me and I’ve done and said so many STUPID things as a result…

I burned my bridge with NSWA because I thought that them trying to strip me of two titles over an injury equated to them wanting to hold me down…

I burned my bridge with PRW because I thought that them promoting someone else as the company golden girl equated to me not being good enough anymore…

I burned my bridge with GCW after I had been the most evil, vile, wicked person to ever set foot in their company at that point.

I burned my bridge with UWA and ditched them just before a title match because it wasn’t the title that I wanted to fight for… because I took them putting me in a title match for a title I had already won twice as a ‘slight’ and being ‘shoehorned’ into something I felt I was above and beyond…

I burned my bridge with Carnage because I felt like they didn’t value me at all… heaping praise and promotion all over Amber Ryan and all the other Paragon people but always ignoring me… I was selfish and stupid and thought that their lack of promotion of me meant that they didn’t value the hard work I was putting into that company…

And it was ALL because nothing was ever good enough for me and that I HAD to be better than everyone. Sound familiar? It should. I used to do the same shit that you’re doing now… and by the grace of God, it hasn’t gotten me blacklisted. It got me a second chance here in Sin City Wrestling… and I’m rectifying my mistakes from before. This isn’t about being a big star anymore for me. This isn’t about me needing to feel like I am better than anyone else.

I’ve grown up and I’ve accepted everything that’s happened to me, both good and bad… and I’ve embraced that everything that’s happened to me has built me into the strong wrestler and woman that I am today. I’m secure with who I am now… and that’s why when the dust settles, with that massive psychological advantage, I’ll be the SCW Internet Champion and not you.

I turn off the camera, remaining poised and determined… and not regretting one bit of the truth that I spewed toward someone who has shown a clear need to get out of her own head.

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 09:38:53 PM »
 Sun Princess Cruise

The cruise ship was definitely the place to be as all of the stars of SCW was on the ship and getting settled in. Kate Steele however was all smiles as she really was taking being in a movie to another level. You could say the superstardom was definitely getting to her head as her long blonde hair was free flowing. She had her SCW Internet Championship sitting on one of her shoulders. She smiled as she walked throughout the ship with a cocky attitude about her. She made her way down a long corridor until she found her way into a balcony room. She swung the door open and she smiled as she walked into the room with her Gem Stones. The girls were all in their bikinis as they looked over at Kate with an uneasy expression on their faces. The raven haired Sapphire just sighs as she looks over at Kate.

“This is a bunch of bollocks Diamond… We have all been waiting and ready to go for the past hour. Where in the bloody hell have you been?!”

Diamond turns her nose up to the Welsh woman as she seems disgusted.

“First and foremost that’s not how you should be addressing the greatest Internet Bombshell Champion to have ever held the championship. Also you should be thanking me or at least my husband for putting you all in this beautiful balcony room. It fits four people and you have access to step outside and get some beautiful fresh air. My husband was entitled to a room but of course he gets to spend his time in luxury because he is married to a champion and that is so amazing…On top of that I am an amazing musician and after filming is done I will be quite the movie star. Can life really get any better than this?!”

Diamond smirks as she adjusts her championship before she looks over at it and kisses it gently.

“Actually it can’t so Sapphire instead of catching an attitude over me being late why don’t you be thankful that you actually have the luxury of being friends with somebody like me. If you weren’t attached to me who knows where the Gemstones might be right now?! Who knows where you would be, you might be rotting away in some stupid bar as a none known musician who people barely even know. If you are lucky people might throw a few pounds at you to make you feel somewhat special…”

Sapphire seems taken back as she looks at Diamond.

“What did you say to me?!”

“You heard me Sapphire. I don’t believe I stuttered did I?! Sometimes I just can’t help being so amazing at everything. It really is funny considering Roxi Johnson told me in the build up to our match in which I submitted her in the ring. That she was insulted that she lost to me. She couldn’t deal with losing to me because I haven’t mastered anything. I only know about being a jack of all trades and a master of nothing. Yet I would say I am doing really well for myself. I got the championship, I got the movie, my own band, and it really feels as if I am top of the world right now…”

Sapphire seems really disgusted as she looks back at Kate.

“And where would you be without any of us. I doubt you would be anywhere. I will admit you are good at what you do Diamond. You are very talented but you can’t just undersell what we do as friends for you. I mean I have to put up with your smart ass mouth every day, Emerald pretty much goes with the flow. Ruby is the kindest person I know and she is also your cousin so you know she will always have your back. Plus she has been training with Charlotte and Mackenzie so she can defend herself and be your manager but do you care about any of that but do you care… No because everything is always about you right?!”

Diamond shrugs it off as she glares daggers at Sapphire.

“Are you done talking yet?!”

Sapphire angrily continues to share her heart.

“On top of that I don’t even think you really care about your husband like you should. Granted her has made his share of mistakes but he is ready to finally be a man. He is ready to take a firm lead in your relationship but you are refusing to let him do so. He is always taking care of your daughter while you get to go out and live your life. That’s a bunch of bullshit Diamond. When are you going to stop being such a wanker and grow up?! Life isn’t just about you. You are where you are because you have a strong support system around you and you need to realize that…”

Kate sighs as she looks at her championship just sighing as she looks deeply into the eyes of Sapphire.

“Your breath smells so you might want to take a breath mint before you come at me with any of that nonsense. On top of that you honestly think I need you to be successful. This movie among other things can be quite successful without you in the equation. As a matter of fact you should just get the fuck out. I don’t really need you…”

Sapphire looks uneasy before she grabs her bag and storms her way out the door.

“Go fuck yourself Diamond. I can tell you really weren’t my friend to begin with. You were just using me from the beginning. I can’t wait to see you flat on your face. Ruby and Emerald I wish you both the best of luck but I don’t know how far you are going to get with such a pompous wanker calling the shots…”

With that Sapphire angrily storms out of the cabin as she drags her bag and goes to elsewhere. Meanwhile inside of the room Ruby just sighs as she looks over at her cousin.

“Diamond… That was really OUTRAGEOUS you should go apologize to her. We are going to need her for the band. She is an important part and where are we going to find a lead guitarist on short notice…”

“I can play lead guitarist Ruby… It’s really not that big of a deal. You heard what Griffin Hawkins has always said about me. I am one of the best guitarists that he knows. Granted I always did play rhythm but I bet I can play lead without any issues…”

Emerald just sighs in return.

“Play lead and be the front woman for our band trying to stay on top of the vocals. Look you shouldn’t really try to put too much on yourself especially the way you like to work the stage. That’s too much work that one woman shouldn’t handle by herself. The entire concept of a team is for everybody to do their equal part. The same goes for SCW… Christian and Mark are both super awesome and I know they balance each other out. Do you think SCW would be successful with just the two of them?! It might be but they have a great team ranging from awesome commentary team, to the great backstage interviewers all the way to the referees and even the wrestlers. Everybody has put a lot into making this company a great one because it revolves around a group of people. One person can’t do everything by themselves and that includes you…”

Diamond just looks back at Emerald as she seems disgusted.

“I didn’t really ask for your opinion…”

Ruby sighs.

“Kate that was really mean. You shouldn’t talk to us like that. Now will you change into your bikini so we can all go into the pool together! I rather us have our set of fun before things get super busy for us…”

Diamond runs her hands through her hair.

“Actually I will have to meet you there later. I am a little busy myself. I have a photo shoot lined up for the SCW website and I rather not miss it…”

Ruby just shakes her head as she looks over at Emerald and just sighs.

“Diamond you really have your priorities in the wrong place. You really need to get all of those in order because if you don’t everything you worked so hard to obtain you are going to lose it all. It’s all going to be gone in one fell swoop and I know that isn’t what you want. Especially considering how much you were bullied when you were wrestling for FFW. Do you remember how everybody treated you and how you felt you couldn’t even go on social media without getting bullied r somebody calling you out of your name?”

Ruby sighs as she looks back at her cousin.

“I hate to break it to you but it’s the same thing all over again except this time you are the one that is becoming the bully. Those nasty things you said to Myra were really uncalled for and the way you just treated Sapphire were absolutely disgusting. You are becoming the very thing that you basically left another company to get away from. This isn’t who you are Kate. You know it’s not you. Please just snap out of this funk and get things together. If you don’t you really will be left with nothing…”

Diamond doesn’t say anything as she just stands there with her arms crossed. She lets out a long drawn out sigh as she looks back at Diamond.

“Whatever you say Ruby… I don’t have time for any of this. Like I said I have a huge photo shoot to get ready for so I will be taking my leave…”

Ruby looks back at Kate.

“Diamond we all love you. If you need us we will be right at pool side. Just listen to what I just said because if you don’t things might just be too late and I don’t want you to see everything you worked so hard to get to just be lost because of a bad attitude. You are really a sweet woman you just need to bring it all out… Come on Emerald… Let’s go swimming…”

Emerald nods her head in return.

“And what about Sapphire?!”

“Let’s just give her some space for now. Hopefully she will come to her senses and things aren’t as bad as they have been made out to be. I fully believe in her being able to come down or at least know that this is a case of Kate being Kate…”

“Good sounds like a plan. I can’t wait to ride on the amazing water slide!”

With that the Gemstones run right by Kate leaving the woman known as Diamond standing alone in the bedroom. She had dreams of having one big amazing week with her and her girls but it seemed to get away from being that. She just shakes her head as she adjusts her championship and smiles as she looks at the belt on her shoulder.

“Who needs them anyway… At least as I have you right my beautiful and precious championship belt…”

She kisses the championship once again as she looks at it with a wicked grin.

“I guess you could say that the Inter Kate, Kate Net, Kate.Com is officially online and I know there’s plenty of bandwidth to go around…”

With that Kate finally walks away as she heads off towards a different destination one where she would go about doing her photo shoot and who knows what other drama she might run into while being aboard the ship.

Twenty Minutes Later
It’s the Kath-Lyn and Catherine Show!!!

Well what does one do when they burn bridges with their entire band because they feel that their shit doesn’t stink and feel like they are on top of the world?! They turn to another friend and thank God for Cat Riley being aboard the ship. Thank God for them filming parts of the movie on the ship otherwise Cat would probably be stuck at Christian’s house getting into all sorts of trouble. The two of them walked side by side as they made their way onto the deck. Kate ran her hands through her long blonde hair as she looked at Cat.

“Cat can I just take a moment to say that you are super amazing and I am thankful that you aren’t such a rude best friend who would just walk away from me…”

Catherine nods her head as she looks deep into the eyes of Kate with a sigh.

“I bet you call everyone your best friend when they get around you…”

“To be fair I only have two women I consider to be my best friends you and of course Melody Grace. Melody is busy taking care of her child but you know when we it’s time to start filming she will be around. I honestly just don’t understand Sapphire sometimes. How could she just walk away from me especially considering everything I did to make her life somewhat meaningful… She shouldn’t be coming down on me but instead should be thankful. Because of my success it has honestly rubbed off on her and she is now able to taste some of that shared success. I don’t see why she is getting so upset with me. I honestly don’t think I did anything wrong…”

Cat however just looks back at Kate as she shakes her head at her. In this moment Catherine wasn’t the funny over the top girl that was known for breaking microwaves and causing mischief inside of a house. She was simply a stern friend and looked deeply into Kate’s eyes.

“Kate you honestly don’t see where you have gone wrong. It may not seem like anything to you but you allowed the championship belt to have changed you. This is why I always had a habit of not wanting to challenge for any championship title because when a person finally gets one they want to change their entire personality. It is no longer about the hard work and dedication that you put into getting to where you are. It now becomes a game of just being mean and saying a bunch of stuff you really don’t mean in order to showcase you have the biggest ego Do you not remember anything that my father taught you in Manchester when you were trying to win that championship in the first place?!”

Cat takes a moment to take a deep breath as she continues to speak.

“Catch wrestling is about getting the best of your opponent. It’s about simply being better than your opponent and being humble as you chain different moves together. It was about the purest form of wrestling but lately that term doesn’t seem to exist anymore as people want to have these exaggerated egos and what have you and for what purpose exactly?! My father taught you the very basics that flying is merely for the birds and you should leave it to them. However your ego seems to be flying to places it shouldn’t be and in reality you should have stayed ground. How do you think it looks to your friends who have always been your side through everything?! How about the Gemstones being there when you weren’t so successful and you were going through a major slump… They still had your back but now that you got a little streak to your name and a title you feel you are better than everybody else and that’s not really the case Kate… You shouldn’t be acting that way…”

Kate seems disappointed as she looks back at Cat.

“You don’t understand though. I worked hard to get to where I am at… I did everything in my power to win this championship and sometimes I feel like I don’t get the respect I deserve…”

Cat rolls her eyes.

“And you need a championship to validate yourself or to get respect… Do you remember when we were fighting with one another and you went on this whole speech on how you were the best submission based wrestler on the planet and you talked it up over and over and we wrestled in multiple matches and I made you tap out over and over again…”

“Please don’t remind me… I rather not remember those days…”

“When I beat you did I rub it in… Did I act cocky about it or did I even talk you down even though I had beaten you?!”

Cat Riley shakes her head firmly.

“No I didn’t do anything because I could never sell you short. I did manage to beat you but I still had respect for you as a competitor. There was never trash talk on my behalf. It didn’t matter that you went on this ridiculous spree of trying to break the arms of everybody close to you. I didn’t care if you broke your sister in law Cindy’s arm, Brittany’s arm, and so many others. In that moment when we fought I only saw you as an amazing competitor. None of what you did in the past even mattered. When Crystal and you fought, and she finally got one up on you by using your own move against you, that’s when I finally respected you. You were finally humble in defeat. You showed who you really were and I respected that. That’s when we became friends and we have been friends ever since… I could even say that I have really enjoyed our little friendship of Rainbows, Unicorns, and Kittens. You, me and Melly make a great trio if I do say so myself…”

Cat takes a breath as she continues to speak again.

“Even when you pulled that stunt of becoming Diamond and burning bridges with some of your friends I have still been your friend. When you were walking into that ladder match back in February because you really wanted to become the Internet Champion when you clearly know how I feel about championship titles. Guess what I still decided to be a friend and pair you up with my father. Championship belts may not mean anything to me but to you they meant the world and I did what I could to help you out… So look at you now you are more worried about a photo shoot instead of your friends… How does that even sound?!”

Kate seems uneasy as she looks back into the eyes of her friend.

“I really didn’t think about it in that way…I do appreciate you helping me win this title… I will never forget that…”

“I know and I am happy that I could help you out… Titles never meant anything to me because I know how people change when holding them. I didn’t think that would be you Kate especially considering everything that you have went through in your old companies. Is that who you want to be… Is that what you are really about?! This big bad bully who would do anything to stomp out whoever gets in her way of her championship… What about the fun things you did that helped you get to winning the championship in the first place or the emotional hardship you had to endure that you used as fuel to rise above everything. You started to do really well when you showcased to your daughter that you should always fight for what you believe in… You had to overcome all of the nasty chauvinistic things your husband said, and you were really the beacon of light for your Gem Stones…”

Cat shakes her head.

“I remember a Kate who poured everything into getting her band a big record contract because you wanted to look out for the best interests of the group. Since when did everything change and it became about only what Kate Steele wanted. How important would Diamond be if she didn’t have her Gem Stones with her…. From my eyes I would say you really wouldn’t be that important… Don’t forget what you endured to get to where you are. Never forget that and let all of it change you. The moment you do is the very moment that you risk all of the important things in the world… That’s not you Kate because that’s not the woman I befriended…”

The two women just continue walking until they get to a special spot on the ship. Pussy Willow is there and she is all smiles as some camera men appear.

“Hai Kate are you ready for your very special photo shoot to celebrate you officially tying the record with Mikah for the longest Bombshell Internet Championship reign of all time…”

Kate nods her head before she looks over at Cat Riley who doesn’t seem impressed.

“I guess so Pussy… It honestly feels really great to be in this position. If you told me I would be sharing something with Mikah I would have told you that sounds really ridiculous but let’s not forget that a few years ago I beat Mikah in a match at a Super Card. I beat her in a strap match and…”

Cat Riley crosses her arms as she mumbles.

“Humble…Kate…Humble…”

Kate nods her head with a sigh as she looks back at Pussy.

“You know what forget what I said. Mikah is amazing in every single way. She is one of the best if not THE best to step into an SCW ring as a female and it’s truly an honour to share a little bit of history with her…”

Pussy nods her head with a smile as she looks back at Kate.

“That sounds like a great answer. I do have another question. Recently your cousin Ruby has been making so many waves in SCW. She is becoming more vocal and is getting out in the open a lot more with exposure. Rumor has it she is working very hard so she could be your manager. I heard she has been training with Mackenzie and Charlotte to learn the simple concepts of defending herself. How does this make you feel that Ruby has taken such an interest…”

“Wait what?!”

Kate seems befuddled as she looks back at Pussy.

“I knew that Ruby was eventually working her way to become a manager but I had no idea she was going to train with London Underground… If anything she should have just come to me. I would have made time for her…”

Cat looks back at Kate.

“This is what I have been talking about. The world has been moving right by you Kate. You have been so focused on YOUR title and YOUR movie that you are letting the little of things move right past you…”

“OMG I have been such a Bitch lately haven’t I?!”

Pussy seems confused as she looks over at Kate.

“Well are you ready for your big photo shoot Kate?!”

Kate looks over at Pussy and the camera men. Everything she could have ever wanted was standing right there in front of her. A chance to get all of the fame she could have wanted. A chance to really put herself out there as a member of the history books among other things. However she looked at her championship as she quickly tossed it aside. Catherine caught it in her hands as she looked over at Kate who turned her back to Pussy Willow. Kate replied back to the interviewer.

“I am so sorry Pussy but I can’t go through with this photo shoot… I have far more important things to take care of such as being there for my friends…All of this… It’s really not that important when compared to them…”

With that in mind Kate begins to sprint away as she only has one thing in her mind. She needed to see her friends. She was quite the jerk and has been for the past few months. It was time to seek forgiveness. It was time to get her closest friends back and she wouldn’t let anything come in the way of that not even her own success. Nothing was more important to her than her closest people…

Twenty Minutes Later
Poolside

Kate Steele walked throughout the ship like a woman on a mission. Finally after walking for like an eternity she was by the pool and she wasn’t alone as Catherine was behind her with the Internet Championship in her hands.

“Kate can you please take this thing… I told you I don’t want anything to do with a championship belt… I feel like I am turning to the dark side!!!”

Kate however wasn’t paying any attention to Cat Riley as she only had one thing on her mind and that was the rest of her Gem Stones. She looked at the pool and smiled as she spotted Ruby on the water slide. Emerald was swimming in the pool and things seemed to be fine that is until Rose Productions COO Chloe Martin stomped her way towards Kate Steele. She had her hands on her hips as she looked deeply into Kate’s eyes.

“Where have you been… I have been trying to get in contact of you. Are you all ready to shoot some big scenes on the boat?! It’s going to be an amazing shootout scene. Cat Riley I will need you to just ham it up and really portray yourself as the damsel in distress!”

“You got it… You don’t have to say anything else… Hamming it up is my specialty… I will make it look easy…”

She smiled as she looked at Chloe who turned her attention to Kate.

“Melody has already finished shooting her scenes and the next scene is the big argument scene between you and Sapphire as you two discuss the band’s lineup in the film…”

“Yeah about Sapphire… I…. She…..”

Kate takes a long deep breath as she looks into the eyes of Chloe.

“Chloe can I ask you an honest question. Is it possible for us to continue with this film without having Sapphire in the film?! Her and I got into a huge fight and I don’t think she wants anything to do with the Gem Stones anymore…”

Ruby and Emerald at this point spot Kate as they swim over to where she is standing. They stay inside the room as they glance over at Kate watching her talk with Chloe.

“What do you mean finish the film with Sapphire… What happened and why wouldn’t she be in this film… What did you do to her?!”

Kate just lets out a long sigh again as she continues to speak.

“I said some really mean things to her. I said she wasn’t important to the band and she wouldn’t be anything without me…I told her she would be a talentless hack who would be confined back to the shitty slums of Wales…”

Kate looks over Ruby and Emerald as she continues to speak some more.

“To be honest I have been rude to every single member of the band. I didn’t realize how I was letting my own ego get the better of me. I will admit that I have been very successful as of lately. I have won a championship title that I hold dearly but it’s all been going straight to my head. I don’t want to hold onto being an ego maniac especially over a title belt or even my own success. Especially when in reality none of it would have even been possible without having my friends by my side. It’s like I have forgotten every single thing that brought me to where I am and if honestly if my ego is going to cause me to gain every single thing that I have ever wanted but I would lose everything important to me in the process such as my friends than I don’t want any of it…”

Chloe sighs as she speaks.

“You know I was going to say if you couldn’t get things to work out with Sapphire than there won’t be a movie but…”

Kate quickly shakes her head.

“But I don’t even care Chloe… A movie might be such a fun thing to do but if I don’t have my friends by my side is any of it really that important to begin with?! To be honest I don’t think so. None of it would even matter. The Gemstones are a four person show. One person isn’t better than the other. Maybe we shouldn’t even be called Diamond and the Gemstones because I don’t want to seem like I am that much better. Maybe we should be just the Gem Stones and call it a day…”

Ruby looks at her cousin as she points at Kate.

“Diamond you should maybe…”

Kate cuts her off as she continues to speak.

“Don’t say anything Ruby. I have honestly been very silly and as you would say OUTRAGEOUS… What is outrageous is the fact you wish to invest into me to be my manager and I have been nothing but a total wanker. Its bollocks and poppycock the way I have been ignoring you Ruby. You are my cousin, family and I have been acting like you don’t even exist. You have done nothing but put me over in everything that you do. It would be my honour to have you as a manager. Perhaps I should have been paying more attention to you. I would have happily taught you how to wrestle and to defend yourself. I know I shouldn’t be jealous of London Underground working with you but in all honesty they are great. They will definitely show you how to not get beat up…”

Ruby tries to speak some more.

“Diamond like I said maybe you should…”

“Hush Ruby I am not done speaking yet. As far as you go Emerald you are an amazing drummer. You are really the glue that holds our group together. You always have so much energy and you are one of the most gentle souls I know. Your drumming skills are like none other. I am happy we found such an amazing Scottish woman to be in this group. Who knows where this band would be without having you in it.”

Emerald smiles as she nods her head in agreement.

“Thank you so much for the words Diamond… Like Ruby was saying though you should maybe…”

Diamond doesn’t finish as she continues to share her heart.

“And how could I even forget Sapphire. Sometimes I feel really envious of her. I value myself as a top tier guitarist but Sapphire is definitely a badass. She could play Lead in her sleep. She is light years ahead of me in that department. I know my rhythm skills are top notch but I don’t have the focus to really play lead like she does. She is one of the only people I truly trust to play guitar when I am doing vocals. She might have the biggest attitude in the group but sometimes an attitude is needed to really balance things out. She always knows how to bring the truth and we really need that. I really wish I didn’t offend her. She’s my friend and I really need her…I need her not only for the sake of the band and the movie but more importantly than that… She is one of my closest friends and I just need her in my life…”

Ruby begins to giggle as she looks at Kate. Emerald can’t help but giggle as well as she looks at Kate.

“What the hell is so funny Ruby?! I have been sharing my heart to you both… I don’t see what is so funny…”

“The only thing that is funny is we just wanted to tell you to turn around for the past five minutes!!!”

Kate finally tries to turn around but the moment she does she is quickly thrown into the pool. Kate swims upwards as she turns her hands through her hair.

“Damn it who would throw me in the pool… That’s like shades of Sam Marlowe from last year and her putting me in the water in that damn Ultimate X match…”

Kate moves her eyes to the deck and that is when she can see the raven haired Sapphire with her hands on her hips. She is laughing as she looks back at Diamond.

“Thank you so much love for the warm speech. It truly means a lot to hear how you really feel about me and the rest of the girls. I never pictured you to be quite the sentimental type but I will gladly accept that as an apology. Beggars can’t be choosers especially when it comes to friends. You are one of my best friends and you don’t have to worry about the state of the band or even that of the movie because I am still proudly part of both of them. I refuse to just walk away like that… I might have went to the bar to get a few fireball shots to calm the nerves but you aren’t going to make me walk away that easily.”

Sapphire turns her attention over to Chloe as she cracks a grin at her.

“And as far as you go… We understand that filming needs to be done and it will get done but we need to relax and you aren’t going to take that away from me…”

With that Sapphire grabs Chloe and she throws her right into the pool. Chloe is immediately getting splashed by all of the Gem Stones. Sapphire jumps into the pool and the four ladies are splashing her over and over again. Kate looks over at Sapphire with a grin on her face.

“Thank you so much for continuing to be my friend even when I don’t deserve it. You had every single right to leave the boat and to get away from me but you chose to stick it out…I don’t understand why?!”

Sapphire smiles in return.

“Friends fight each other Diamond. There’s no secret about that but it’s not the fact that they fight that matters. It’s the fact that they could put all of that petty bullshit behind them and they can still emerge as close friends…”

“COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!”

Is all that can be heard as all of the Gemstones look to see Cat Riley doing a huge cannonball right into the pool. She smiles as the splash takes a lot of water out of the pool. She grins as she looks over at everybody.

“And that is exactly what I have been trying to tell you Kate… Even when you act like a jerk friends will be there to help you snap out of that funk. They will be there to not only tell you the truth but to be there when you are feeling down. It’s part of friendship and as long as you all work out the kinks that’s all that matters in the end right…”

Kate nods her head as she looks at everyone.

“I am sorry for being such a jerk… I would be nothing without you and my success is definitely all of your success. I guess I have just been antsy about everything. Do you all forgive me…”

Sapphire smiles.

“Apology accepted… Let’s just enjoy moments like these together… With the way the world has been it has been hard to really have a bit of fun. Let’s just cherish this okay?!”

“Sounds like a plan and what do all of you want to do next?!”

Kate says with a grin but it’s at that moment that different people surround the pool. They all look at Kate and the girls and they begin to scream at the top of their lungs.

“CONCERT, CONCERT, WE WANT A GEM STONES CONCERT!!!”

Kate smiles.

“Looks like they want a Gem Stones concert… Shall we ladies?!”

Sapphire smirks.

“Playing on the deck would be amazing but only… if we can be DIAMOND and the Gemstones… We have such an amazing front woman and we want you to know we will always shave your back…”

Diamond smiles as she nods her head. It had been a long time since the girls really had a concert since things were cancelled. They all got out of the pool as they headed for the deck. Despite being in their bikinis they were going to give everyone the show that they wanted… It was going to be a great day indeed…

On Camera

The cameras are rolling on that of the deck. Kate has just finished with a huge concert and her eyes meet with that of the lens. She offers a long smirk as she begins to speak.

“Hello to everybody out there and welcome aboard the wonderful ship of the Sun Princess. Summer XXXtreme is going to be super amazing and everybody is going to be in for some great wrestling because we have a huge jam packed card filled with so many matches. However I am antsy and of course ready for my match because I know Myra Rivers is an amazing competitor and I am not going to sell her short. Now last week we both said what we had to say and there is something that I feel I need to get off of my chest. These past few months I haven’t been myself. I have been absolutely rude and I guess I let the championship cause my life to be a dark turn for the worse. I have been obsessed with trying to be the very best…There’s nothing wrong with being the best but it’s like I forgot every single thing that brought me to the big dance in the first place…

I lost a huge sense of myself. I have been paranoid because deep down there is a part of me who would like to go to the next level. I would like to challenge whoever is the World Bombshell Champion after this Super Card because in my mind I know for a fact that I am the best of the best. I am the best damn woman inside of this entire division and there isn’t a damn thing that anybody can say to make me feel different. While everybody has been beating each other up there is one single woman on this entire division that has yet to be pinned or submitted this year, and of course you are looking at her…

That woman is none other than me and whenever you see me involved in a match you can bet your bottom dollar that I always go to the ring and I handle my shit. I don’t give a damn if you feel that’s not true. The proof is in the pudding itself. I have only lost matches this year which were tag matches. It’s not like I was the one that was pinned or submitted. It has always been my partner. Yet as much as I poured into this business I feel I still don’t get the credit that I rightfully deserve. I don’t want to be stuck at being simply considered a second tier wrestler at best. I have dreams and aspirations to be the best of the best. I want to be the woman and it’s an honor that I have only had at one point in my entire 8 year career.

I had the chance to be the FIRST ever LAW World Champion. I felt like I was on top of the world! I felt like I was a top tier talent and I felt elite. As great as I thought I might have been for winning the World Champion I guess I was nothing more than a Joe Flacco AT BEST… I thought I was elite but it was in my own head. I still have visions of winning the championship simply because everybody else in the World title tournament left the company and I was awarded the title for simply being the one that was left…

That’s not how I want to do things. I always want to fight for every single thing that I have. I always want to be the little engine that could and that honor was taken away from me. This year has been a real proving year for me. I have torn through the entire division. I have beaten everybody that has been put in my path. I will admit when you beat certain names you tend to build that confidence within yourself. You tend to feel like you are on top of the world and you really believe in your own hype.

The more I started to believe in that hype is the more that I started to become the very thing that I didn’t want to be…You see Myra you told the entire world that you and I were alike in so many ways. I was basically your mirror image of you wrestling ability wise and personality wise there are parts of me that you see in yourself as a wrestler and who you used to be…

I am not going to question your feelings but I will tell you to flat out kiss my white arse because I have paid my dues to get to where I am. Granted lately I have strayed away from who I am. I have forgotten about the most important things in my life. Sometimes holding a championship belt does that to a person. I mean your so called “protégé” Andrea Hernandez is the epitome of doing the same exact shit I did. She built up this entire woe is me story. Got some people behind her and the moment she gets the title she shits on the division and acts like she is better than everyone just to lose in her second defense…

I know I have a big mouth on me… It’s funny considering you would expect that from such a small woman as myself but it took me a long time to build myself into what I am today…

It might not mean that much you but I was bullied throughout my entire life. I know I have a background at being a trust fund brat I lived in a household where mommy and daddy would rather buy me every single thing I could have ever wanted but all I desperately wanted from them was time and their attention. I never got any of that and instead what I got when they weren’t around was my older sister Samara beating the unholy shit out of me…

It was bad… She beat me up badly. Flushed my head down a toilet and the beating happened multiple times during a week. It had gotten so bad that it made me attempt suicide. I picked up on so many messed up things in my life which includes even cutting. The day I had planned to end it all is the day I met my future husband. Even though he saved me it still didn’t stop my parents from checking me into a psychiatric hospital to check me out mentally…

I picked up on wrestling to vent my frustrations and yes I found my way into a wrestling company called FFW. I poured my entire heart into that company. I was successful and it was there where I was absolutely bullied by everybody on the roster. They always said so many mean things about me and even though I was becoming quite the successful wrestler. I HATED BEING E BULLIED!!! I hated being shunned away by everybody in the company. From the girls who were supposed to be good all the way to the evil bitches. They always bullied me and it made me hate life once again and I questioned if it was me. I was doing everything in the right way but it still caused people to just treat me like shit…

I might have said things that were absolutely rude that might have been offensive to you such as burying you and things like that. It’s me straying away from who I am as I didn’t realize I was becoming the bully but in reality I never meant to become the thing I hated. I only meant to defend myself. I know in your eyes that might be me being who you used to be but I am only protecting myself because I can already see how things are going to shape up if you do manage to beat me…

You are going to talk so much shit. Keep up with the entire good girl bullshit but the minute you get the title you are going to shit on me as a competitor. You are going to tweet how at 36 you are doing this and that… And how you are one step closer to your dream…

Color me not impressed… Frankly I don’t give a damn how long you haven’t wrestled. I don’t even care if you feel so rejuvenated at this late in your career and you are now making up for the mistakes of your past. The only thing I honestly give a shit about is beating you. I will humble you and I will continue to keep on with my legacy.

I am very passionate about my entire career and this reign with the Internet Championship has been legendary. The Inter Kate has been going on and on. There is so much bandwidth and I don’t want it to ever stop.

You are a great competitor. I won’t take that away from you. Beating Amber Ryan that is great even though I might have thought it was a fluke and to follow that up by beating Alicia Lukas that is also a great thing as well…

But your wins as great as they are doesn’t take away from the fact that I have been better this year. I have taken down EVERYBODY in my way. I am a BFTP finalist. I am at the top of my game and it’s more than just wrestling every match like it’s my last. It’s about finally emerging and getting that respect. It’s about getting noticed and telling the entire world that I am here to stay and nobody will ever knock me off of this hill.

Do you know how much I have busted my ass to hold this championship for as long as I have and to still be overlooked by so many people in this company…

Do you know how it feels knowing that my name should rightfully be on the ballot for most improved and woman of the year and even though I have that people still won’t give me the respect I deserve. Even though you might feel we might be similar I think we differ in two different ways.

You merely want to win this as a STEPPING STONE… No matter how you try to turn this with that hypothetical bullshit it still doesn’t change the fact that you want a World Championship. No matter how you spin it. you even said it by this year you want to be a World Champion but when I say it I get made to look like this big bad evil witch.

I only said the same exact thing that many others have said… Why should I get penalized for it, but to me I don’t want to stop at just being an Internet Champion or World Champion. I simply want to be the best and I am willing to beat anybody and everybody who is put in my path to get to that point.

As I have done after every single one of my matches I have always showed my opponent respect afterwards. I know I talk a lot of shit to hype up the match but when everything is over I give people that respect. The same type of respect that Cat Riley gave to me when she submitted me multiple times I give that to others. It doesn’t matter if it’s Roxi, Keira, or even that of Sierra Williams.

My intention is to never be this big bad bully where I intentionally try to bury someone to the point they want to feel shit about themselves. I am not like you Myra nor am I your little protégé Andrea or whatever she is to you… That’s what women like you might do but that ain’t me…

I want to see all of the bombshells rise back up even that of Evie Jordan… She is by far my biggest nemesis in this company and if she so happened to kick my ass I would give her my respect. If I beat her I bet she would give me that respect in return.

There’s a man who is in the Hall of Fame in this company who happened to be the biggest dick in this entire history. You should look him up. His name is J2H and despite destroying so many people in the ring he doesn’t really drive stuff that far into the dirt. He will openly come out on social media after a match and flat out tell everyone. That him and his opponent sold a match, people bought into it, and he’s happy with the results…

Despite how much of a D Bag he might have a reputation for being that’s actually a really class act. I do the same thing even though I know I am a good girl. It’s all about selling a match something I doubt you don’t know anything about because I guarantee just like Andrea you will change the momentu you do win…

However as much as you hope to win the title the fact is I have set the bar with the title. I have tied Mikah for the longest reign but I will admit I do have that selfish mentality to me and that trust fund brat is starting to emerge from within me. I don’t want to share anything with Mikah. I want to be in sole position of the record by myself and I am not going to be one huge choke artist just because I couldn’t get over the hump of losing it one day before having the reign all to myself.

I am not going to let you ruin that by any means. Don’t get too excited you have worked your ass off to get this moment. The reality is no matter what you do the only reason you are in this match is because I called you out! It’s not like you won a contention match to get here. You simply were named as the challenger AFTER I had made it known that I wanted to face you.

Yes you might have beaten Alicia Lukas which is fantastic but the match in the owner’s eyes was already made by that point. You might have had an amazing career but the truth is I am the present and I know I am the future of the bombshells division. I am knocking on the door to get into the World division and I plan to knock it down and put it firmly on it’s arse.

Are you willing to do the same?!

I doubt you are… There really isn’t a situation that looks bad in this match for either of us Myra. Because let’s face it if you so happened to beat me you will be champion and I think after what I did for this division you can only guess that I have to be considered to be next in line for the SCW World Bombshell Championship and if I so happen to win. You already proved yourself as a mainstream contender no matter the division and after beating somebody with Lukas that would move you right into the World Bombshell Championship with ease.

It’s really a lot to think about when you sit down and look at things.

I do know something however. I don’t want to just stop at people saying she tied the record. I want to continue going on strong. I want to set the fucking record for longest reign just like I did with the Roulette Championship. I want to keep on rising through the ranks of this company and proving myself in match after match.

I want the streak to continue and not because it means the world to me but simply I want to be better than the rest and I want it known that Kate Steele is the woman to beat. Do I have a huge supporting cast that I surround myself with?!

You bloody better believe I do…

Is Christina Zdunich rubbing off on me… Sometimes I think she might be…

But in the confines in that ring none of that matters!

It’s me in that ring… It’s me handing my business and I refuse to go down to anybody. I need to keep overcoming every single hurdle and roadblock that comes in my way. I refuse to have people tell me that I am second rated or second tier. I am above that…

Consider this me breaking out of my shell and getting better. I already showcased that I could control a division but I want more than that. I want it all. I will never stop at being the very best. My daughter looks up to me and for her I need to showcase that you need to work as hard as you can to get everything you want in this world. The harder you work is the more fruit you will get from your labor. This is about hard work and dedication. This is about being the best and there’s no time to falter now.

So you better come at me with everything you got…

You better prove you want this title because it will take a lot to get my vice grip off of this championship.

I want this more than you… I want this more than you could ever imagine and I won’t forgotten at least not in losing to you…

So bring everything you got but it won’t be enough…. I will emerge as champion and the reign will continue…

I wish you luck in beating me… In doing something that nobody has able to do at all this year…

It won’t be enough it’s never enough… Best of luck Myra you certainly are going to need it…

For I am the Siren…. I am the Diamond in the Rough…

Most importantly I am the Internet Division and everything regarding this title goes through me… See you soon and cheers love….

With that Kate can only form a serious expression as we fade out on this image.
user posted image

user posted image

Myra Rivers

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 10:36:13 PM »
 Picture this scenario. You’ve got the entire world in the palm of your hands. You’re a world champion. You’re recognized as one of the best women’s wrestlers in the world if not THE best wrestler in the world. Your world is surrounded by adoring fans, people in the locker room recognizing your dominance, non-wrestling business interests lining up wanting to sponsor you and to bring more eyes to your increasing celebrity and all the accolades you can ever imagine.

At the end of 2010, that was me.

You’d be the happiest person on the face of the planet, right?

I wasn’t…

“One more over here Myra…” I can hear a fan yell in my direction as I try to get through the red carpet for PRW’s annual award show in November of 2010. I quickly sign the autograph before another fan calls me over and I manage to sign that autograph for them too. A few more autograph signatures later and security is escorting me the rest of the way down the carpet and into the theater that the awards ceremony is taking place in. I let out a sigh, feeling a bit tired from the mingling with the audience. Getting through the locker room and into the wrestler’s seating section, I found myself alone, not wanting to talk to anyone.

“You seem exhausted…” I heard my future boyfriend and longtime associate Jason Schneider say. Unlike now when I’m completely in love with him, I was incredibly annoyed at him considering we had been in a blood feud with each other for most of 2010.

“Why do you care?” I asked him.

“Didn’t I always?” he said with a smirk.

“I don’t know what your game is, Jay. You put me through hell all year and now you’re trying to be friends with me?”

“You won my respect, remember?”

“Fuck off and leave me alone, okay?”

Jason just shrugged and left while I enjoyed the time to myself… at least until the ceremony had started. It was definitely an odd night considering that Jay and I had shared ‘Feud of the Year’ and ‘Match of the Year’ for the classics we had put together. I sat patiently through the whole thing wanting to get it over with.

“And the Wrestler of the Year award goes to… for the second consecutive year… Myra Rivers!”

These words gave me a brief joy. I recall walking up there, accepting my reward, saying my piece, hearing the adoring fans and their adulation of me. I sure was a star alright. But my friends backstage noticed I was quiet for most of the night. I told them I was fine mainly to get them off my case. But there was no fooling my future boyfriend backstage once the ceremony was over.

“PRW World Champion. Match of the Year. Feud of the Year. You’re welcome for that by the way. Wrestler of the Year. And yet…”

I rolled my eyes throughout this.

“...you seem like you’re burdened. You’re the biggest star in the world. What’s to be miserable about?”

“It’s not going to last forever you know…” I said with a sigh. “...what’s going to happen… when it’s over… when someone else swoops in and takes my place? It could be next month for all I know. What’s going to become of me? Are the fans going to forget about me? Fame is only temporary… yeah, I’m on top now… but when that’s over… what’s left?”

“Interesting…” he told me. “...you have it all, but you’re not happy.”

“I’m not…” I responded. “Try living under the pressure that I have… out there, I’m defiant, I’m rebellious, I talk my shit, I back it up and I declare myself as the star of this company again and again… but behind the curtains? This is how it is for me. Happy now?”

“Funny… you’re dishonest with your friends, but you’re honest with me…”

“If you EVER tell anyone this… I’ll kill you…” I told him, before ultimately bolting out of the building knowing that I was going to wake up the next morning having to deal with all the doubts and pressures of being one of the world’s biggest wrestling stars all over again.

July 2020

“The longer that you’re on top… the more dominant you become, the brighter your star gets, the more the pressure gets to you…” I explained in a live podcast in my sister’s recording studio in her Savannah, Georgia residence with Adrianna herself, a former wrestling manager in her own right, that was promoting Summer XXXtreme. “...I was feeling that pressure every single day, wondering if I was good enough. Insecurities kept flowing through me no matter how successful I had been and being in my 20’s, I just didn’t know how to handle it. I’d be brash to everyone’s face, but when the cameras were off, I just wanted to hide.”

“So these insecurities that you were going through…” Adrianna began “...that was basically the context of what you were trying to say to Kate Steele the other night…”

“Yes…” I admitted. “The thing with professional wrestling is… you’re going to deal with a whole host of enemies. You’re going to have wrestling promotions that aren’t going to have your back and that are going to do everything possible to hold you down. You’re going to have enemies in the locker room… those jealous of your success, those that want to bring you down, those that want to take your spot and do every underhanded trick in the book to snag it from you. Trust me, those can be brutal enemies… but the worst enemy you could possibly have… is you…”

“Interesting…” Adrianna said as she raised her eyebrows. “...explain…”

“One word: insecurity. You can have a psyche as fragile as glass no matter how good you are. You’re on shaky ground to begin with… and the moment that someone else takes that mantle from you… you completely lose it. When I lost that mantle in 2011… I didn’t know what to do because by then… all I knew was how to be number one…”

July 2011

PRW’s flagship show of the year was not one of my favorite memories. I was glum and miserable with the tag team championship that I had at the time lying on my lap as I was unwrapping the tape from my wrists. Depression was the mood of the moment as I walked the main event of the pay-per-view with Jason challenging for the world title.

“Last year, I was in the show stealing match of the night at this same event…” I reminded myself. “This year? I’m in a forgettable match with a flash in the pan who couldn’t even hang onto the IC title…”

Jason being in that title match wasn’t what made me depressed… it was the woman he was in the ring with: so young, so pretty… prettier than me as much as I hated to admit it. She was in great shape, a body to kill, a wrestling promoter’s dream. I could only glare at her with bitterness accompanying my depression.

“Hurts, doesn’t it?” I heard from behind me. I turned around to take a quick glance at my boss from PRW. “Two years ago, it was YOU in that main event. Does it hurt to be replaced by another woman?”

“Yeah… make me even MORE depressed…” I said to him.

“Victoria beat you three times…” he reminded me. “...she earned your spot. You’re still solid, don’t get me wrong. But she’s not losing the number one spot anytime soon. You’re just going to have to get used to being the number two… maybe even number three girl in the company going forward. You sure seem to be accepting of that with that tag team title there…”

“You can’t keep me in the tag team division forever, you piece of trash…” I told my boss, knowing he wasn’t going to do anything about it. “...when I get out of this tag team division… I’m going to get that spot back. I’m going to show you who Miss PRW REALLY is around here… but until then…”

I glanced back at the television and witnessed Jason lose to the ‘hot new thing on the block’ that had bested me with a world title at stake three consecutive times.

“...she’ll have to enjoy it while it lasts because nobody else deserves that spot except me!”

“Gosh Myra… lighten up!” my old boss told me. “Wrestling isn’t about being number one all the time…”

My old boss left, clearly not happy with my attitude that I was carrying at the moment. I didn’t seem to care as I shut off the television set, bitter, disgusted and disappointed in myself that I didn’t have the top spot that I had a stranglehold on for quite some time before it was basically taken from me…

Two months later…

What a difference ten months made. When an autograph session or a red carpet event such as an award show took place, I’d be the one whose name was being called out everywhere. Now? It wasn’t me. Sure, I’d get someone wanting an autograph from me here and there. But that bitch Victoria was getting all the love now. I can only remember sitting at my table, glancing across the way, seeing her get all the adulation and the photo ops and the offers from the network to make guest star television appearances. A fan approached me and she placed down an 8 by 10 of me. I was smiling a bit just because I even HAD someone come my way!

“Myra! I didn’t know you’d be here!” the fan told me! “Can you like… sign this picture of yourself as the PRW World Champion? It’d mean so much to me.”

“Sure…” I said with a smile. But just before I can sign it, another woman came from behind.

“What the hell are you doing?” she told the fan.

“It’s Myra Rivers…” she said.

“So? She’s old news! Come on! Victoria’s not too far from here…”

I was left empty and stunned when both women left me. In fact, the fan I was about to sign the autograph for didn’t even bother to take the 8 by 10 that she had for me.

“This isn’t going to get any better, is it?” I asked myself, not knowing the self-fulfilling prophecy that I had just initiated at that time. On this particular September day, I was going to wrestle alright. But it would be this incredibly insignificant match against someone who never amounted to anything in this business. That cold, empty feeling of knowing that the fans were beginning to not even care about you anymore because they moved on to the next big thing on the block… that bitter, depressing anger sweeping through your veins as your insecurities feast on your soul… feeling that your time in the spotlight was over. Back then, I had no perspective at all. It was all about me and being a star. I only cared about being on top and felt like anything less was me being a complete and total failure to my late mother while at the same time, proving my father right. Things however… got worse for me as my hopes and dreams of being number one further faded with time… and on this lonely September night in 2011… injury would be added to insult…

Three weeks later…

Being in the recovery room and seeing a wheelchair right next to me was far from my idea of fun. I was shaking when I was fully alert and functional. My ankle was itching at the point of incision with the stitches I had being uncomfortable as hell… as if someone was taking a bunch of pins and constantly prodding at the ligaments and tendons that were just reattached the previous night. The pain I was experiencing was unbearable. Imagine someone placing an ice pick on the point of incision and then torturing you by slowly hammering that ice pick into the ankle. That’s what I felt like post-surgery… when I didn’t even know if my career was going to continue. My psychological downfall was only about to be further accelerated by the doctor that performed the surgery on me…

“Myra, I hate to tell you this… but what we’re looking at here… prognosis wise… is six months of recovery time…”

“SIX MONTHS?” I shouted. “I can’t… NO… I’m one of the biggest stars in the world… I can’t just… no… everyone’s going to forget about me… I’ll never be able to regain the spotlight again…”

“Myra, it’s not even a guarantee that you’ll ever wrestle again…” he told me, my heart shattering upon hearing those words. I had tuned out of everything that he told me as he went over the pain medications I’d be taking and the recommended rehab program I’d have to go through if I wanted to make a comeback in 2012. I didn’t care for that. I allowed myself to be a victim. It didn’t matter to me that I could pull off a hell of a comeback in six months if everything went right. It didn’t matter that I could inspire anyone else by doing so. All that mattered to me was my fading spotlight and my growing insecurities…

July 2020

“I wish I could’ve handled that differently…” I told Adrianna on her podcast as I talked about the effects of the brutal ankle injury I suffered in September of 2011 and how painful it was to have to claw my way back. “...but… I just didn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. When you have that spotlight, you never want to let go… and I refused to let it go.”

“That’s what makes this match so ironic…” Adrianna began to explain. “You mentioned that at Summer XXXtreme, you were going to be facing a mirror image of what you once were and I’m totally seeing that now. Like Kate, you were that dominant champion once. Years ago, someone else came along and snuffed you out. Now? You’ve got an opportunity to do the same thing to someone else. You can end that dominant reign and you can steal that spotlight from her…”

“That’s the thing…” I reminded my sister. “I only want the title from her. I don’t want to ‘steal the spotlight’. But observing Kate like I have… I speculate that I’ve become the last person she wants to lose the title to. There’s something about my words… something about my abilities… that makes her so damn insecure. Somewhere in her heart, she’s really worried about losing to me…”

“That’s a bold claim…” Adrianna said. “How could you know?”

“When Victoria took the world title from me in PRW and ended the dynastic run that I had there with being the golden girl of the company… I was worried in my own right” I explained. “She was on fire. She was picking up big win after big win… and I was scared. I knew that she was the biggest threat to my spot. There hadn’t been anyone so dominant since… you know… myself. I knew that she was going to win the world title one day… I knew that when she did, she was going to be a dominant world champion for years… unfortunately, I had to suffer the nightmare of it being at my expense… that’s what I was worried about more than most. She was the last person I wanted to lose the title to.”

“Considering how… ‘fragile’... Kate has been acting when it comes to you… do you feel that if you take the Internet title from her, she’s going to go through the same emotions you went through… with the emptiness, and the bitterness and whatnot?”

“Why would we be thinking about that?” I asked her.

“The girl’s dead set on burying you…” she reminded me. “She even wanted Alicia Lukas to do that. She was rooting for her to beat you. With everything she’s said about you, she’s REALLY taking this match personal…”

“In her spot, that’s what I’d do too…” I said. “Hell, that’s what I did. I HOPE she doesn’t go through those same emotions. I don’t WANT to do that to her but I understand that the possibility is there. I don’t want to ‘bury her’. I never even wanted this to be personal at all. But so be it… I can only control myself! I just hope that when it’s all said and done, she doesn’t take things for granted… that should she lose… she sees this as a learning experience to go from and doesn’t grow bitter and jealous as hell… you know… like I did nearly a decade ago when someone swooped in and took my spot… she’ll bounce back, she’s too strong not to… hell… when I came back from injury… I did that…”

“You did…” Adrianna concurred with me. “...but… it wasn’t the same. You won the PRW IC title after you returned from your severe ankle injury. You closed out 2012 and went into 2013 with that championship. But… you weren’t as dominant as you once were and you weren’t even close to the world title picture still…”

“By the time PRW ended…” I paused and let out a sigh. “...I was psychologically done with wrestling. Sure, I came back and won a title… but it wasn’t the title I wanted… so I took that reign for granted. I… for a lack of a better term… I ‘Kate Steeled’ that reign… you know… wanting to go for the world title and not focusing on the title that I do have… I was so damn miserable that when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter and PRW closed up in April 2013… I was at peace. I was happy that it was over because I was psychologically destroyed…”

“Losing your number one spot affected you THAT much?” my sister asked with concern.

“It did… but having one more crack at the world title and losing that…” I paused and sighed for a bit. “I felt like the worst mother ever… so what wound up happening was… I was a miserable wrestling retiree….

September 2013

Life away from the wrestling spotlight was absolute hell. I lied on the couch going through some wrestling nostalgia, which of course, is completely unorthodox for a glowing, mother-to-be that was, at this point, seven months pregnant as they’d normally be imagining what life with their new baby would be like. Not me though. I was steeped in regret, not realizing that my psyche was still on its downward spiral.

“You should be happy…” I heard from my left. I turned, saw my then-husband Ricky and rolled my eyes. “...you only have two months to go. Holding her in your arms is going to mean more to you than any world championship or wrestling stardom ever could be.”

“If this is the part where you’re trying to give me some perspective, then you can just save it…” I told him.

“Don’t you think you can use that perspective, Myra? I mean… you’re lucky that you even have the ability to create a life. There are so many women out there that for one reason or another, can’t even get pregnant. I get that your wrestling career didn’t end how you wanted it to… but you have to let it go…”

I ignored him, not wanting to listen to what he was saying… again… seeing the wrong perspective and refusing to see the light. Even in retirement all I could think about was wrestling. I had desperately wanted to find a way back in so I could have another chance at once more being the star that I had always wanted to be.

“I was one the biggest wrestling star in the world…” I reminded him. “Now? I’m nothing…”

“Myra…” I heard my then-husband say with a sigh.

“Ricky… why don’t you try dedicating something to our daughter and let her down before she’s even born, huh? Then you can talk to me about perspective and what I should be happy about?”

Ricky knew it was useless at this point to try to convince me otherwise and just went to sit on the other couch while sighing and shaking his head.

May 2014

I remember the exhaustion that I was feeling as I laid in the corner of a state of the art wrestling ring that was located in a facility in Phoenix. There was some old adrenaline running through me as I stared across the ring and saw Jason Schneider standing there, just as exhausted as I was. By this point, relations between us had grown a lot warmer. We had become very close friends in the dying months of PRW. In this chapter of the timeline, we were definitely keeping tabs on each other and taking care of each other when necessary.

“How does it feel to get your feet wet and get at least a fix for what you love to do again?” he asked me.

“Great…” I said. “If only I could do this for real again…”

“Why don’t you?” he asked me. “This is your life’s dream. You and I both know how much you hated the way things ended for you in PRW. Wouldn’t coming back and writing a much better ending to your wrestling career mean something to you?”

“It would mean the world to me!” I said. “But… it’s impossible… no matter how much I’d want to do it…”

“I know that Kimberly is important… more important to you than anything… but motherhood doesn’t mean you should automatically retire…”

“That’s what my mother did with me…” I reminded him. “The moment she found out she was pregnant with me, she stopped wrestling.”

“Doesn’t mean you have to…”

“Besides… I wasn’t what I was the last time I wrestled…” I recalled, feeling glum as I was doing so. “...all I got was the lousy IC title…”

“You were coming off of a major injury that the doctors initially feared was career ending and when PRW had closed, you were just finding your feet again. Had PRW continued, you probably would’ve become PRW World Champion again at some point. You would’ve taken your spot back! What happened to you at the end of PRW… it wasn’t because you weren’t good enough. It was terrible luck, bad timing and injuries. I bet if you returned to wrestling, you’d be even better than before.”

I said nothing, still feeling like a wrestling comeback was impossible.

“Didn’t you feel that old fire again, Myra? I know it’s just me and all but…”

“Kicking your ass all over again felt great, I won’t lie about that…” I said with a laugh. “But… no… wrestling broke my heart way too many times and had me feeling worthless on more than one occasion. I don’t know if that’s something that I would ever want to do again.”

“Someday…” Jason had warned me. “...it’s going to happen. You’re not going to be able to resist the itch of getting back in the ring for too much longer. I give it about another year, tops, before you decide that you’re going to come back. I know you, Myra. Somewhere along the way… there’s going to be a spark that’s going to ignite that old drive again…”

“Yeah… we’ll see about that…”

We had parted ways afterward and I tried not to think about it but ultimately, the questions crossed my mind. Was it possible? Could I even make a comeback? Would I even be able to match what I had done before if not be even better? As time went along, I remember how difficult it was to remain out of the spotlight and how the temptation to return just grew.

May 2015

“I’m going back…” I told my shocked ex-husband in our living room while I had a wrestling event paused on my television.

“Honey, come on! Think this through. Why would you ever want to go back to that business?”

“Because it’s what I was born to do… and did you really think I was ever going to go out a crying, shameful LOSER that let down her unborn daughter by being unable to write the perfect ending to her career?”

“Are you sure this is about Kimberly?”

“Why wouldn’t it be?”

“I just find it very interesting that someone from PRW was on this show bragging about how she took your number one spot and left you as a footnote to her legacy and now you want to suddenly go back to wrestling…”

My then-husband was really beginning to piss me off.

“This isn’t just ‘someone from PRW’. It’s VICTORIA! It’s the same girl that took my number one spot and sentenced me to being a forgotten, also-ran for the remainder of PRW’s existence and now she’s going on television and bragging about it? I don’t think so and I am not going to let ANYONE… EVER… get one over at my expense again!  I have to go back… to reclaim my legacy… to be better than I was before… to let the whole world know exactly why I was once the best women’s wrestler in the world and why I will be again… why I am going to use every single piece of shit that tries to cross me as a stepping stone for the GREATNESS that I am ENTITLED TO… and I really don’t give a shit about what anyone thinks… especially the little people… because they abandoned me once after everything I used to do for them and I am going to make sure that I make their precious wrestling experience miserable…”

“Myra… you can’t be serious about this…”

“I AM serious… I’m going back to wrestling… I’m going on a little revenge tour… I’m going to reclaim my throne as the best women’s wrestler in the world… the idiots that lined my pockets had their fun… but it’s going to be my time now…”

July 2020

“You know what’s ironic Myra…” my sister said on the continuing podcast. “You had gone back to reclaim your legacy but… you nearly destroyed it in GCW and UWA…”

“Yeah… I realize that I did…” I said with a guilty, sullen tone in my voice. “I let my addiction to the spotlight and the fame and fortune get to me too much. I came back for selfish reasons… I admit that. I should’ve been grateful for the career that I DID have… even if PRW didn’t end the way I wanted it to end for me. I was fortunate that I even had those experiences at the time to begin with. I came back with nothing but bitterness and scorn for the business that I claimed that I loved and I made it all about me… I look back on that and I hate what I became… and it’s unfortunate that my passion for this became so misconstrued over the dumbest, pettiest, high school level shit that so many people suffered for it and so many bridges were burned because of it…”

“How much of an impact would becoming the Internet Champion make on repairing that legacy that you almost destroyed?”

It was definitely a question that came out of left field from Adrianna, but knowing my sister the way I did, it shouldn’t have been any surprise at all, everything considered. I had thought about my journey in Sin City Wrestling so far… particularly the last two matches that I wrestled. I felt this pull in my heart knowing that my career was in its sunset and this great desire to end my career on the best and brightest note that I could possibly end it was flowing through my veins and giving me this warm sensation. I wasn’t really thinking about how much of an impact beating Kate Steele would have on my grand overall story because it was a thought that had never crossed my mind. I could feel myself briefly split in two. There was the side of me that I had finally suppressed when I came here: the side that was tempted to brag about her last two wins, boast about the meaning behind career championship number 19 and talk about how this was going to boost my legacy and standing in this business. But on the other side, a more mature version of me really didn’t want to think about it and didn’t want to make a big deal out of it… as if I had already known better.

“If you want my honest opinion on that… I’ll gladly tell you…” I began to say. “...it’ll do some repair, I won’t downplay that but… at the same time… that’s not why I’m fighting Kate Steele on Sunday. I’m fighting her to prove who the better technical wrestler is, that’s a fact. I’m fighting her to determine who the stronger, better champion is going to be… that’s for damn sure… but to add to my legacy?”

I could feel some discomfort in my stomach regarding the thought.

“That’s hardly even a factor for me. It’ll certainly go a long way toward my own personal redemption the way my last two matches did… but really… putting it all in perspective? I’m grateful that I even got one last chance in this business after all of the awful things I’ve done in my career, all the people I hurt and all the bridges I’ve burned. I’m grateful that I even got ONE championship, let alone 18. I’m grateful that I’ve gotten to accomplish everything I’ve wanted to do in this business and so much more. In a perfect world? SCW is the last company I ever wrestle for and I do accomplish my goals of 20 and 5 before I retire and even if it doesn’t happen like that… that’s fine… because I’ve got to live a dream of mine and how many people in this world can say that?”

“I’m proud of you… I really am…” Adrianna stated in response. “You’ve come a long way from your ups and downs, you’ve persevered through everything time and again… and I know that no matter what happens, you’ll always be a sister that I can be proud of…”

This further warmed up my feelings of happiness as my sister’s podcast ended and as Summer XXXtreme grew closer, I was still extremely eager to push forward, give it my very best against Kate, and to continue to write the last chapters of my career in the most positive way possible.

July 31, 2020

“I’ve got to hand it to you, Kate, you are definitely passionate about what you do…”

Looking into the camera, I was feeling a little bit conflicted about Kate Steele, the SCW Internet Champion. There was a part of me that really wanted to like her because of that passion that she has for herself and her career and every ounce of hard work she puts into her craft but the way she had been treating me lately, taking my words personally and twisting things around into something that was not intended to be at all definitely had me feeling skeptical of her still.

“...you do have a heart for this business… even if sometimes, it’s misguided. Said misguidance has you speaking your mind and having your mouth get you into trouble sometimes and it’s a shame because if you really put it all together at a psychological level, you could've been one of the greats of this company a long time ago. Credit where it’s due though… you have had a dominant Internet Championship reign and you have beaten some big names during this time… but unfortunately for you Kate, everything has to come to an end at some point and at Summer XXXtreme, that is going to be your dominant reign. You want to take on the best of the best and during this reign, you’ve definitely done so but hearing the words that you have had to say so far… I know you’re setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. Women like you that are so braggadocious about what they’ve done and what their accomplishments are while making it seem like it was the easiest thing in the world… they’re on a sugar rush high when they’re good… but when they lose, when they fall… they feel like it all means nothing. I know… I was there once… and based on the words you had to say, I am gravely concerned that you’re not prepared for the doom and gloom that’s coming your way when it’s all over. Your persona may be diamond… but your psyche is made of coal… and hearing those words… I can tell that you want to conquer all and take on the best… but I can also tell that you’re doing this for reasons that have to do with pure ego…

I know, it’s quite out there for me to say that… but let’s look at the facts. You started things off with bragging about what you’ve done during this reign. You even had the NERVE to say that seeing you as the Internet Champion is a ‘luxury’ for the locker room and for the fans. A luxury? You’re saying that seeing you as a champion is a ‘special sight’. How could it be anything BUT pure ego? You’re putting yourself up on that pedestal and I get it… with what you’ve done during your reign and all… but there’s only one way to go on that pedestal Kate… and that’s down… and unfortunately, that ego of yours is blinding you to the truth that I am trying to get to you. You’re self-destructing and you don’t even know it and for someone as talented as you are, that’s sad. What’s going to happen at Summer XXXtreme is that your ego is going to be the real reason for your demise. I am going to take that Internet Championship from you and knowing the way you think… especially having thought that way before in the earlier parts of my career… that Internet Championship reign is going to feel like nothing to you…

I paused and shook my head, drawing from my own experiences and seeing others go through the same thing that I know Kate is going through… which considering the irony that Kate herself doesn’t know what she’s going through… she truly is oblivious to the consequences that she’s going to deal with, with losing the Internet Championship to you.

“You’re not going to be thinking about the people that you beat during that reign. You’re not going to see it from the right perspective and be glad that you won against the likes of Roxi Johnson… you’re going to be bitter about the fact that I defeated you. You’re not going to be thinking about winning back the Internet Championship. You’re going to act like it doesn’t hurt you at all… even when it will… and you’re going to mask that pain of yours by saying that you’re going to go for the world championship and that you’re just going to move on to bigger and better things. The Internet title may mean the world to you now, but once you lose it, you’re just going to shrug it off and move on to something else because you’ve had your moments where you’ve even treated that Internet Championship like a stepping stone. You call out people like Alicia and people like Keira for clamoring for title shots and title rematches… yet… at one point, you were talking about wanting a crack at the world title while you were Internet Champion. There are some title crazed people in this company Kate… but don’t act like you’re not one of them because you’ve proven that you are… you’ve proven that you’re a glory hog and if you want to call bullshit on that, why don’t you watch your promo and tell me that it’s not being a glory hog, that you’re not crazed about your own Internet title reign?

Your title reign speaks for itself, but you’re bragging about ‘making bitches tap out’? A champion that feels the need to be SO braggadocious is a champion that is internally vulnerable. You’re gloating all the way to the bank, but what if I’m the one that makes you tap out? You’re going to know the humiliation that you put every single person during your reign that you submitted and it’s not going to feel good at all, is it? You don’t even NEED to run down the names of people that you’ve beaten during your reign… yet, you feel the desperate need to do so… even when there are asterisks involved regarding the list of people you’re bragging about beating. The same match that I’ve seen you brag about where you retained the Internet Championship against Evie Jordan? You didn’t even win that match. But you act like retaining the title against her is an accomplishment which… yeah, it would be… if you really DID beat her… but you didn’t. You’re bragging about beating Andrea in a match that you didn’t even pin her in, and when the opposite happens in a match a few weeks later, you’re making the excuse that she didn’t even pin you and that she has no right to even brag about the victory. How are you NOT a fragile champion when you do something like that? You’re not only hyping up your resume as if it was the greatest thing in the world, you’re even fluffing it up with one little thing to try to make your reign even more impressive than it already is, even when you don’t even need to do so. I get it Kate, I really do. Again, I’ve been in that spot where I had to brag about every single win that I get in my career over some big names… but the mark of a real wrestling champion is acting like they’ve been there before… and that is something that you fail to do in spades. Yeah, I beat Alicia and I beat Amber… but I moved forward. I acted like I’d been there before. I didn’t brag about it to kingdom come because I’m secure within myself these days to not need to do that. And I’m damn near secure enough to just take your bullshit you’ve thrown at me in the past about golden shovels and begging Alicia to ‘bury me’ and just shrug it off like it’s nothing because I know my own internal truth now. Do you?

I shrug off your talk about golden shovels, I say one thing that’s even out of whack and you act as if it’s a personal attack.

Is that NOT an example of who has the psychological advantage here? Does that NOT prove that I’m psychologically stronger than you in almost every facet of the game? I could’ve let that loss to that piece of shit Bobbie Dahl bother me… but I didn’t. I owned it, and I moved on. I didn’t make any damn excuses while you’ve got a history of making them when things don’t go your way. It’s all about the glory and the accolades for you, not about being the best technical wrestler. If it really was about being the best technical wrestler and the best champion, you wouldn’t be gloating about those you’ve beaten and you wouldn’t be talking about championship records. Once you start talking about records, then you give away some true colors on the type of champion that you are. Once you bring up records, then at that point, you give away that it isn’t about representing the championship to the best of your ability, that it’s far more about being dominant and breaking records and making everyone tap out. You can’t be satisfied with just the reign that you have as it is?

You have to have your cake and eat it too? You have to talk about records? You have to HAVE the records? You HAVE to have the most defenses, Kate? You HAVE to have the longest single reign in Internet Championship history? I can’t even hate you for being so driven… even if it’s for the wrong reasons, but it’s a damn pity that you’re so laser focused on that. This business… that championship… it isn’t about the records. It’s not SUPPOSED to be about that. In my view, this business is about leaving it in better shape than what you found it in when you first joined this business and these selfish motivations combined with that self-absorbed attitude you’ve been displaying ever since you won that championship and let it get to your head with every single defense doesn’t cut it for me. I know… this is coming from a woman who was selfish for so long and wanted nothing else but to be number one… but coming from experience, I know that you won’t be satisfied with your reign when it’s already said and done. You’ve already shown that you’re not satisfied going into your match because you BADLY want the records, and even if you WERE to beat me, Kate, you STILL wouldn’t be satisfied or happy because it’s on to the next person that you want to tap out SO badly. Only someone that lacks the security within themselves to be better than that needs to conduct yourself the way you always conduct yourself.

You have a funny way of showing respect, Kate. I’m not all for it, but that’s you. That’s your personality. It is what it is and my mission is to win that Internet Championship from you and that’s that on the surface of it. I’m not in this to help you mature, grow up and realize what this business should be all about because that’s something you are going to have to figure out on your own. It’s not my place to tell you how to conduct yourself, but that doesn’t mean I won’t tell it like I see it… and maybe I’m wrong in some of what I’m saying about you… but that’s the impression you’ve given me in recent weeks with the way you’ve acted and that’s the impression that you gave me when you cut that promo and started off with all the bragging and all the hunger to break records and be dominant. That’s your personality, I suppose, and it’s not my job to change it. My only job here is to relieve you of that championship. It’s not about bringing your ego down to size, that’s not why I’m doing this. It’s not about being the one that ends your dominant reign. Earlier in my career? Yeah, maybe so. But it’s about the love for the business for me… a love that I had neglected for years because like you, I was so tunnel visioned and so focused on breaking records and being a star and burning bridges along the way and not giving a fuck about it. The love that I’ve got for this business… a love that I’m not taking for granted anymore, is what’s going to propel me to victory because my heart is full of that pure love for this business. I’m not in this to count championships, even if one of my goals is 20 titles, 5 being world. I’m not doing this because I want to break you down and expose you or anything shallow of that nature.

I’m not doing this to shut you up, no matter how much you may perceive me as someone that doesn’t respect you. The bottom line is… as a wrestler, I DO respect you… I just don’t like your attitude and the way you carry yourself sometimes, but that doesn’t take away that respect no matter how much you try to spin that I’ve ‘disrespected you’. I’ll give you this much, you’d make one hell of a publicist in Hollywood considering how you love to spin my words into something that they’re not. Where in your head does me saying that I don’t know if I can trust you equate that I’m not thankful for this opportunity? Where does point A become point B on that? Tell me Kate… how does one even connect to the other? If I recall, I even remember stating on Twitter one time that I took you wanting to face me as a compliment because it’s a testament to my abilities. I even touched upon that a little bit in my last promo… but I’m not thankful for it? Me misconstruing your intentions when this first came about… which I’ll be an adult and admit that I made a mistake there… is me not being thankful? On WHAT level of logic does that make sense? I AM thankful… and not just for this title shot… I’m thankful for the fact that at 36, I even have a career still..

I’m thankful that this company looked past my age and how things ended for me at Carnage Wrestling to even give me a chance to go out of this business the right way. When I burned my bridge at Carnage Wrestling, I was the first person to feel like I was done for. I thought my career really was over because I went out in something that was far from a blaze of glory. I was beaten up, I was tired, I didn’t even know if I had that fight in me anymore. I was about ready to hang it up and realize that my legacy and my reputation was far too damaged to ever be repaired… and then this company contacted me… I was floored… happy… but floored…

I took a pause as I reflected on the end of my Carnage Wrestling run and how my initial contact with Sin City Wrestling came to be. I briefly remembered the jolt of happiness in my heart when I realized that I was going to have one final chance in this business to do things the right way and to end my career in the best way that I could possibly end it.

“How can I be ungrateful for this opportunity? I get it… I have a history of burnt bridges and being ungrateful and seeing things from a selfish, immature perspective all because I only gave a shit about me, not about the business, and just wanted to be a star and that’s all I ever cared about for so long in my career. But that Myra doesn’t exist anymore Kate. I don’t even know if you think that she may or not, but you need to quit allowing me to live rent free in your head like that when I don’t even WANT to live in your head. How can you expect anyone to respect you as a person when you carry around that attitude that you do? How can you expect anyone to respect you as a wrestler when you’ve put your own wants, desires and ego above this business sometimes… albeit… you sometimes don’t realize it because your psyche is always going at 100 miles an hour. You’re so tied up in being respected that you take what you’ve done for granted. At any point during your championship reign, have you gone out of your way to express the gratitude and the good fortune you have for being the Internet Champion that you are? I don’t recall one time where you ever were gracious about your title reign… aside from getting this title match against me that is. I’m down with you wanting to challenge anyone you can and to challenge the best of the best.... I just don’t agree with the way you go about it. You proved my point when you’re talking about what? “Owning my shit”? You want to own me, now? That’s what this match is about for you? Owning me? Being better than me? Burying me? That’s exactly what I mean…

You talk about being a fighting, honorable champion. You got the first part down, I will give you that. But honorable? Putting your ego above all and making this about wanting to own me, bury me and all of that garbage is honorable and doing right by this business and by that championship that you hold? You couldn’t have just made this about having the best match possible and having pride in what you do, win or lose? It’s about burying me, shutting me down, padding your record, having something else to brag about, calling me a ‘bitch’ over and over again, right? For some reason… I’ve activated something in you that really pisses you off and that makes you want to bury me  and shut me down so bad… and it’s a shame. You hype up this match the way you do in your own mind and you’re just putting all of that pressure on yourself and it’s a sad fact honey, because you’re a better champion than that. There’s no need for any of this at all. I’m focusing on being my best and doing whatever it takes to take that title from you no matter what, I’m focusing on doing right by the business that I love and the friends and family that support me… and you’re focused on records and numbers and domination… and all these misconceptions about me that you put in your own head…

There’s more to being a fighting champion then going out there and winning… it’s about carrying yourself as a real champion… something you lack in spades… something that I know I have you beaten in and it’s not even close.

That’s why I’m winning on Sunday, Kate… because I’m focused on the right things.

You’re so hellbent on destroying me and burying me and wanting to shut me down and shut me up…

Like I needed even MORE of a reminder of the wrestler I used to be. You really are a mirror image of my dark past… to some degree. Nobody’s pinned you, nobody’s made you submit in 2020… but there’s a first time for everything Kate… and Sunday is going to be that first time. I believe deep down in my heart of hearts, through all of the ups and downs that I’ve endured, that I’m going to be the one to end your reign and give that Internet Championship someone that WON’T take that title for granted and make it all about their ego the way you have. I wish you the best regardless… even though there’s NOTHING personal about this match… not from my end anyway, and I do mean that. I just hope that should you lose that title on Sunday that you carry yourself forward like a proper champion, learn from your mistakes and become a stronger wrestler out of it.

I’ve ended dominant reigns before, quite a few times, Kate… and Sunday will be another instance of that because the love and respect that I have for this business, the honor and integrity that I carry with me in regards to why I want to be the internet Champion… it far exceeds any love, respect, honor and integrity you have for that championship.

It’s nothing personal against you Kate… but when it’s all said and done?

I’ll show the world what a champion in this business is all about!"

Remaining confident and ready, I shut off the camera… everything needed to be said… already in the record books.

I know in my heart that title #19 is no guarantee and that there’s a strong chance that Kate walks out of Summer XXXtreme the champion… but I know now that no matter what… I’ll be okay and that when it’s time for me to leave this business down the road… I’m going to leave a positive impression on it that nobody will forget no matter how things go on Sunday.

Nothing to lose.

An Internet Championship to gain.

And I’m looking forward to giving this business another chapter of my career something to be proud of when it’s all said and done… win or lose….