Author Topic: Ben Jordan (c) v Griffin Hawkins  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Ben Jordan (c) v Griffin Hawkins
« on: July 19, 2020, 01:07:12 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: 1 RP per week, 10,000 words max.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 10:10:59 AM »
 Let me paint you a picture, not on the levels of Bob Ross, the man was an artistic genius, but on me own level of painting, whatever that is. You've done what ya paid to do for the night, pretty successfully too by working with the missus and defeating the people trying to grab hold of the belts. I'd call that successful. So you sit there and decide you've earned a pint, the missus has earned a drink after the night she had, it was time to turn your attention to future challenges, then you read a tweet saying you can go home, you're free from the hotel.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

It couldn't have hit harder if William Wallace was standing there yelling in your lug hole. That's how one little tweet sounded. It was like the chains was off a little. Not that you couldn't go home before but we were trying to do our bit to keep ourselves and others safe, can't say the same for a lot of people, but we had done our bit. Hearing those words was like saying I trust you to get back to your home and keep yourself safe. It makes sense considering everyone would be leaving Vegas in a week for Los Angeles.

I didn't need to read that message twice, the one tweet had burned in to my eyes and set in my memory instantly as I run my hand over my phone.

A smile crept over my face as I turned to Evie, sitting two stools down from me at the hotel bar.

"I've seen that smile before." She told me. "I didn't know there was football on tonight."

I do have that smile when Millwall win a game but it wasn't anything to do with that.

"Nah, seasons over for me." I said, knowing there was still one more game left. "this is something very different."

I could feel the wheels in her mind turning as she looked at me, wondering what it could possibly be. I didn't wanna keep her in suspense too long, so I looked her deep in her eyes.

"The boss just tweeted out we can go home if we want." I said, already knowing what her reaction would be.

She didn't disappoint as her eyes widened and her face turned from curious to a wide smile of her own. I watched as she quickly picked up her drink and drained the glass.

I don't think Evie was going too crazy at the hotel, there was some ropey moments, don't get me wrong where I thought she was gonna play real life prison break and try get out of this place. She knew this was important to me cause of my health issues a while ago, and every time she wanted to run, she reminded herself of this. This was our green light and she knew I wanted to get out of the hotel too.

It's not that we wanna get away from people, we've formed some unlikely friendships since we've been here. I reconnected with Max Burke, Casey Williams, Mikah. Evie had found a friend in Amber Ryan, and I even had a good night around Kris Ryans. I even had a little time around Rinoa Williams. That might not have happened without being in this place together, you wouldn't have taken any of us outside the forced environment and would have been around each other outside this situation, but who knows, you might now.

"I'll go put things in a bag." Evie said springing to her feet. "And you go find Bear."

She didn't wait for another work to come from me, she was up, she was on her way to the room and I couldn't help but smile at her. Finding Bear was never gonna be a problem. I knew how he liked to chill on a Sunday, well, most days since he's been here. All it took for me was to turn my head.

"Bear." I called out.

Bear lifts his head up from a sun lounger just behind me, turning his head slowly towards me and tilting his head.

"Time to go home." I said to him.

I watched as he put his head back down on the sun lounger.

"Not to the room." I said to him. "Back to the turtles."

That was enough for him to perk up his ears and spring to his feet too and bounce towards me and stopping in front of me, jolting his head to one side as if to tell me to get a wriggle on. I put my hand on his head and gave his fur a little ruffle.

"Yes, we're going back to Maine." I told him, just to make sure he got it.

All I got from him was a quick, short sharp nod before he took off and headed in the same direction as Evie. I turned back to the bar and picked up the glass I had, but I felt a nudge at my leg. I looked down to see Bear back with me.

"Alright, alright." I said shaking my head. "I'm coming."

I quickly drained the glass and stood up and turned to look at Bear but he was gone again. I knew where he was heading and if I knew my wife, I knew she wasn't gonna waste time throwing things in a bag to get us out of here soon.

I wasn't wrong, she was packed to go within the hour.

The Saxon Hotel had a lot to offer, but there was nothing like having a bit of choice on what to do, where to go, places to eat, people to see. This is why coming back to Maine was a blessing, even if for a week, you could make choices you haven't been able to make for months. No one saw this year coming the way it has. I mean on New Years Eve, clock struck midnight, we all said happy new year, hope 2020 is a better one for you. I think I appreciate things a little more, even though this year is a rotten one.

Being back in Maine had done both Evie and I the world of good, we've been able to relax, wear less clothes and I've been able to catch up on a few things, even Bear had been able to go see his turtle friends down by the lake and things were a little more open in Bar Harbor. Life has ticked on a little since the outbreak and although still limited to what can be done, for the most part, stores and restaurants were open. There was no point coming all the way back here, flying for over eight hours to come on home if we wasn't planning on actually seeing the town again.

Thursday evening.

Being a top champion had taking a hidden toll on me, it was my first time as the top champ and I thought I've done a good enough job to lead but being cooped up had been a blessing and a curse. I could do all the media work I had to from in front of a screen, but I missed being out there around people. I was a people person and taking that away didn't help me much, so I decided that it was time to actually go out there in the world and be around people. Things had changed and social distancing was still a thing, not if you believe all you read, but the people here seemed to listen a little better.

It was six in the evening when I wandered outside the house to see Evie sitting on the porch, the cool breeze from the lake bouncing off her skin. Just hearing the door open turned her attention towards me, smiling from her eyes. You can fake a smile with your lips but your eyes, not so much. She was happy to be home and it showed.

"I was thinking..." I started.

"And now you need some aspirin for that headache you've gone?" She said with a jokingly sarcastic tone, her eye full of mischief.

"Well, it did hurt a bit." I told her as I rubbed my temples. "Smart arse."

I almost expected that answer from her, people see the good guy Ben and the evil Evie on the television and think that's how it is all the time. It's nothing like that. It's a lot lighter away from the ring.

I watched Evie smile at me as she waited for me to continue.

"We came back here, it's been a peaceful few days, I've liked it, but we can't just sit around here all night, when we could head in to town." I said as I took a seat next to her. "We should go out there and be around people, at a distance of course."

It wasn't that Evie didn't want to go out, I think we both found peace in being at home and out of the hotel with the option of going out and doing whatever we pleased. Being in a hotel with your co-workers and bosses pretty much meant you could be called upon at any time. There was peace in knowing you was thousands of miles away from them all.

"What do you have in mind?" Evie asked me as she looked in my eyes.

"Well, we haven't really been to a restaurant in a while." I said to her. "Not without being surrounded by the people we work with at least. I think we should go out."

Neither of us knew what it would be like in a restaurant after reopening so many places, and I understood that rules would be at the owners discretion, but it had to be done sooner or later. No one in this world should stay in completely and let this pass when local businesses needed help. It was alright for us, we'd been paid properly along with every other SCW, SCU and GRIME wrestler, but it's the local businesses that were suffering.

"We could do." Evie said slowly as she looked at me.

I could feel a slight hesitation in her voice as she spoke to me, but I knew it wouldn't take much to tempt her out.

"A couple of hours, a good meal, back in time before the sun goes down." I said. "I have to be back before the sun goes down anyway or I'll turn in to a pumpkin."

A smile crossed her face as I stood up and reached down to her, putting my hand out for her to grab and get to her feet.

"Go on, go get ya glad rags on." I told her. "And well go find a place. Good food, wine, whatever you want."

She nodded her head as she walked in to the house, the thought of a proper night out quickly taking away the thought of the risks a night out might bring. I know people think it takes women a long time to get ready, longer than actually being out in most cases but Evie wasn't one of those people, she was in, ready and good to go in a relatively quick time. As a fella, clean pair of clothes on and I was good too. Bear had come in from the lake and taken the chance to have nap twenty two of the day, the door was shut behind us and Evie and I were on our way.

Driving through the main street of Bar Harbor, our eyes looked around at sights we took for granted every day. We didn't have to say a word between us to confirm a place we wanted to be, just the flashbacks of memories as we approached a certain place. Maine was known for it's lobster and the lobster rolls at The Travelin Lobster - no G on the end of that - were second to none. As soon as we saw the sign, we both knew it's where we wanted to be.

I stopped the car outside and Evie and I both stepped out after a few seconds and moved towards the door, only to be met with the hostess standing at the door, a mask on her face, her blonde hair tied back neatly.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jordan." She said with a cheery smile. "Wonderful to see you both again."

"Good to see you too." I replied. "How's business?"

I didn't need to really ask as I looked through the clear glass windows to see that business wasn't booming. The restaurant was scarcely populated, most of their tables gone from the last time we were here and customers few and far in between.

"It's been a tough few months." She said. "This virus has ruined local businesses."

I nodded in agreement with her.

"It's been tough all over." Evie added.

"It has." The hostess commented. "Table for two?"

"Yes please." I replied.

"Before you come in, I must ask you to use the hand sanitising station to the left." She said with a quick point of her hand to the left. "We have a few new rules since the last time you visited. We will need you to sign in and leave some details just in case, only one of you need to do that. We can not allow standing at the bar. The bathrooms are now single use only and we must ask you to stay at your table as much as you possibly can."

I understood why these rules were in place, but something about these added rules to everything made things uncomfortable. It felt hard to relax when you had eyes on you just waiting for you to do something wrong so someone could show a little power and scald you for it. I've generally stuck to the rules through my life, the odd fast three count being the exception, but something about this was uncomfortable for me.

"Yeah, no problem." I lied through my teeth.

Evie and I stepped in to the building and took her advice, using the hand sanitizing station to quickly clean up and taking a pen, I wrote down my contact details.

I couldn't help but feel awkward with that. There's my contact details there in a book for anyone signing in after me to see. The people around here were good people but you never could tell.

We were quickly shown to a table, a booth with a dividing screen across the table, cutting me off from Evie as we looked through the not as clear plastic.

"I guess this is what it would feel like in prison and having a visitor." I said with a slight laugh.

"It is." Evie replied seriously.

"Yeah..." I said with a laugh before my face turned slightly more serious. "Wait, what?"

Evie just smiled at me through the plastic, a devilish look on her face as she shrugged her shoulders.

"What?" She said "I had a life before you, ya know."

The smile on her face made it difficult for me to tell if she was just yanking my chain or if she was serious but I didn't have too much time to dwell on it as the waitress came to the table, presenting us with menus.

"I'll give you guys a few minutes." She said from behind a mask.

"We've been here enough not to need menus." Evie said as she placed her menu on the table.

The plastic in between us seemed to take away from the volume in her voice, like the words were hitting the high plastic and bouncing back.

"What?" I asked as I pointed to my ear. "Hard to hear ya without ya voice raised a bit."

I saw the look on Evie's face, I could tell she couldn't really hear me clearly too. We were in a place where talking discreetly was probably the best idea. There was hardly anyone here, but without the inane chatter of other people, you couldn't help but think others could hear your conversations, so we tried to keep our tones hushed.

"What was that?" She asked.

I reached to my pocket and pulled out my phone and quickly hit a few buttons on the front. Evie looked at me curiously as she reached in to her purse, her phone shaking. She hit the button.

"Why are you calling me?" She asked as she put the phone on the table and putting it on speaker.

"Only bloody way I can hear you." I said as I did the same. "Hushed tone and a big plastic divider thing is gonna do bugger all for our conversation skills."

"Is it me or is this a bit over the top?" She questioned. "We're married, we shouldn't have to worry about things like this at a table for two."

I saw her point, I mean we don't have to do social distancing with each other at home, why the hell are we doing it here? Rules, Ben, rules. It's got to be done here, not just for our safety.

"Gotta be done I guess." I said with a shrug of my shoulders and a sympathetic look. "These things are put in place for a reason."

"If this is the new world." Evie said with a shake of her head, not needing to finish the sentence.

"Yeah, I ain't too comfortable with it either." I admitted. "But lets just hope it's just for a few months."

"I know it's good being out." Evie started "But I don't wanna really spend the night on the other side of a plastic screen from my husband. So takeaway and get down by the lake with a bottle of good stuff like we used to?"

I didn't wanna be the one to say it but from the second we walked in here, I was hoping this was gonna happen. Maybe I'm just not used to the world outside a hotel where things were so clean and taken care of, it was like we was in our own little bubble. Safety and hygiene was a huge thing back at the hotel, lots of testing kept us all safe. This new outside normal was gonna take a bit of time to get used to.

"You read my mind." I said with a wide smile.

So that's what we did. We got takeaway and a bottle of wine, Evie's choice, she knows more about the vino than I do, and I doubt I'd get trusted to pick a decent one considering I'm a Fosters bloke, make in Australia and every Aussie I've ever met has tried to tell me how terrible that stuff is. It's really not but they try. Within forty minutes, we was back outside the lake with a pair of glasses, a now refreshed from his nap dog running around the front of the lake and the stars making an appearance.

It might not have been the way we remembered our nights out in Maine, but it's the little things that keep us going. The precious time spent with my wife under the stars, and putting the smile on the faces of everyone I work in front of. It's what keeps us all going in an uncertain world.

It's a changed world, but not everything has and that's something I can honestly appreciate, like being able to sit at the lake outside our house in Maine with the SCW World Heavyweight championship over my shoulder and be able to talk about the upcoming match and it's a big match, a huge match, Summer XXXTreme VIII.

"Alright people." I say with a smile. "Cheers for joining me here today. It's brilliant to be able to move around again a little bit, so you're listening to me direct from Maine."

I'm sure they already knew that, wasn't my first time sitting here having a chat from Maine. It's just a beautiful setting here.

"Last Sunday, I said I was gonna beat Griffin Hawkins, I said I would make sure the champions showed challengers just what we're made of, just why we deserve the championship belts." I say with a slight glance to the World Heavyweight Championship. "I wanted to prove a point in that ring last week and I think I managed to do just that."

I knew I proved everything I set out to prove but I needed to remind Griffin of this fact. I hope he doesn't see me as a push over champion, I hope he knows what he's up against, but I felt he needed the slight reminder about just who I am.

"I said you was gonna see things up close and well, you couldn't miss it." I state. "I know you can sit and claim it was a tag match and that these things don't mean a whole lot when you get a chance one on one. Actually they do. Here's the way I see it mate, you got a chance to sit there and take stock of what was going right and wrong when you was out there on the apron. You got a chance to formulate a new plan on how to fix the mistakes while Eves and Andrea was going at it. You had a chance to breathe and consider everything. This is a thing where you don't get the chance to do that. So how good are ya at thinking on ya feet? You don't get a chance to sit there and take a little break, you don't get a chance to center yourself. You gotta keep up with the pace physically and mentally, gotta ask yourself if you couldn't do that the first time around when you faced me, nor the second time when you had the chance to gather your thoughts, do you really think you can do it a third time and actually walk away with the arm raised?"

I rated Griffin Hawkins highly as a wrestler, I wasn't overly sure about him on a personal level because frankly, I didn't know him that well. I speak to and get on with most people, but never really had the chance to sit and talk to him. I've heard stories about him being in business for himself at all times, I got a stark warning from someone away from the camera but I believed in making up my own mind.

"You're one hell of a wrestler Griffin, but I think you found your level a little lower than what this match is about." I say with a touch of seriousness. "I think everyone has their level, and I ain't saying it's a bad thing, just that we all have our limits and this is without a doubt the biggest match you've been in when it comes to SCW. You were a great Roulette champion, a great Internet champion but I don't know if this top level is the one for you. I know you'll give it everything and I feel sad in a way cause I'm at this level, you've chased and I know that when it's all said and done and I'm walking away with the SCW World Heavyweight Championship, I know that I'll be pushing you towards retirement."

Call it a gut feeling if you want but something in me told me that when I beat Griffin Hawkins, his jacobs will go and he'll look at retiring. I'm decent at reading people and everything about me feels that vibe that if I beat Griffin, this will be his last match. Maybe that's the vibe he's trying to put across to me to make me feel bad for him. Pretty cheap way to get an advantage.

"I should feel bad that I'll be pushing you towards retirement." I say with a frown. "But the fact is, we've all gotta retire at some point, we can't do this forever and frankly, I'm not convinced you wouldn't consider retirement after winning, and then losing the belt. The fans need Griffin Hawkins around and SCW have treated you well, but I ain't gonna feel guilty if I push ya towards putting ya feet up. If it would be a retirement, part of me thinks it'll be just leave SCW and work elsewhere. Curse of being a good judge of character and trusting my gut, but I can't feel bad. The fact is Griffin, we both have these careers, a short career and you need to make the most out of it. Saint Ben might have been nice and risked wrecking his own career so that yours can flourish, but my halo got tainted a while ago and ain't exactly worked out how to get that shine back."

Ever since Kedron and that rivalry, I haven't felt so saintly completely. It used to be a running tap but now it's just fits and spurts. Made a few questionable moves since then - like saint ruining fast counts.

"If you was someone who needed the push up, then I would consider it, if it was a younger wrestler who didn't have your accolades, I'd considering it." I say thinking about it, the thoughtful look translating to my face. "I think they would appreciate it more, cause I could see your celebrations if you win. Right to Twitter, no respect for anything I've done."

I'm only basing that on the fact that the first time Griffin got a shot at me, soon as the card hit the Internet, he was off to Twitter like a shot to announce to the world he was gonna be SCW World Heavyweight champion, not even an ounce of respect in my direction. He's meant to be a good guy and I got more respect out of the bad guys. I got more respect out of O'Malley and that git whacked me on the head from behind.

"But you're Griffin Hawkins." I say firmly. "I could beat you ten times in a row and you'll still come up smelling like roses because you'll still be Griffin Hawkins. The man who held the SCW Roulette and Internet titles for an eternity. You'll still be that rockstar people crave attention from. You'll still be thought of highly in SCW and the wrestling world in general, so the vibe I get from you about all or nothing for this one match is a silly way of thinking because if you've done your homework, if you've sat and looked at the people I've faced and beat and the form I've been in lately, you'd know you're a huge underdog. Throw in the two times I've beat you and you know that people are expecting me to walk out with the championship belt."

Seriously, call some of the places in Vegas, I'm the real heavy favourite.

"And I don't wanna disappoint them all." I say with a slight shrug. "And I know you have your goal to be the top man himself, but my goal is to get to a year with this thing."

I could never help but look at the championship at this point. I've worked so hard to even be sitting here with this belt. I've been blessed but I've put in the work, I've done everything I can to be the best damn champion I can be. I've showed up every week, I've spoke every week even when things have been, or at least felt one sided. I have offered title shots to everyone and never said no to them. I felt like what a champion should be.

"And Griffin, I'm gonna go for that." I say with a sharp nod. "They say the hardest thing to do as a champion is find the motivation to find new goals and push on and do more and more. That's not a problem I have. I want that year Griffin and trust me, I'm gonna go get that year. I'm sorry if that disappoints you but I didn't become champion to not hit the goals I set. I didn't sit here doing nothing, I worked the hardest a champion has worked in a long time at any level to make sure I hit every goal I wanna hit and trust me Griffin, I'm going for that year."

It's been a goal since day one and it's a goal I am determined to hit.

"Anyway, I think I've taken up enough of your time for one day." I say as I stand up. "I'll be talking much more next week. Till then...."

I nod towards the camera.

"Laters people!"

And with that, another promo ends. I'll see you all next week.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:05:56 PM »
 The event was official. My wife and kids had already said goodbye to me. I promised them that Daddy would be home soon. I made sure to wear my mask as I was about to board the Sun Princess. I looked around, seeing a few members of SCW and SCU conversing with one another as they were about. Some were talking about their matches, some were talking about how much they were looking forward to see their friends from the main roster. I decided to just be by myself for the time being, thinking on everything.  I looked out at the sea. In a week I'd be competing in the match of my life. Last year it was for the Roulette Title...now it's for an even bigger prize.

I didn't know how I was going to handle this...

I wished my brother was able to come with me...he always knew how to take my mind off things. It felt more like I was all alone on this cruise...despite being surrounded by members of the roster. I then heard a voice I had not heard in years...

"Hey stranger.."

I turn and see a man with short curly hair and a polo shirt. A white face mask adorning his face. My eyes grow big..surprised.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh my God...Andrew!

I rush over as we both hug, I am quite sure he has stayed careful in keeping COVID free.

Andrew Hudson: So you do remember me.

Griffin Hawkins: How can I forget you man?! You've helped me out so many times I've lost count, you were one of the first people I invited to my wedding when me and Taylor got married.

Andrew Hudson: Good to know you still got your memory working.

Griffin Hawkins: With all the drugs I was on back then..I'm lucky I remember my name. But what are you doing here?

Andrew Hudson: Well, I decided that this year I'm gonna board the cruise with you..give us a chance to catch up.

Griffin Hawkins: Awesome! I got so much to tell you..a lot has happened with me and Taylor.

Andrew Hudson: Well actually Griffin..there is something I've been meaning to talk to you about?

Griffin Hawkins: There is?

Andrew Hudson: See..I've been watching you in the last while. I've been watching you since you came back to Sin City Wrestling.

Griffin Hawkins: ...you've seen me?

Andrew Hudson: I always keep track of my patients even when they are no longer my patients. It seems your career has taken a downturn as of late.

Griffin Hawkins: So you've noticed..

Andrew Hudson: That's why I'm here. We're going to get to the root of your problem.

Griffin Hawkins: Wait..you mean like an actual session?..

Andrew Hudson: Yeah. We've broken some barriers before...it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Griffin Hawkins: I don't know Andrew..this feels a whole lot different than the old days when I would tell you about my family..you shouldn't have to worry about me, just enjoy the cruise.

Andrew Hudson: I have plenty of time to enjoy things..my main concern is you. If you want to win your match you need to clear you head...get all this negativity out of your system. Maybe you'll realize something when it's over.

He never steered me wrong before. He did seem like he wanted to help me.

Griffin Hawkins: Alright...we'll do it your way. I needed someone to talk to on this cruise anyway.

Andrew Hudson: Great! I just know we'll make a breakthrough.

We boarded the ship along with the others. It had been a while since I spoke to my therapist...I wondered if he was able to help me..or make this anxiety worse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Off Camera]

We arrive at the room. It looks neat and tidy...not surprisingly enough. I can't picture this room to be messy.

Griffin Hawkins: Nice room isn't it?...

Andrew Hudson: Yeah...I'm sorry if it's not your style or anything.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh no, it's just fine. You don't mind if I lie on the bed do you?

Andrew Hudson: Not at all, I want you to be completely comfortable.

I lie on the bed...figuring it would make a good makeshift couch.

Griffin Hawkins: Nice soft bed...I hope I don't fall asleep during this..

Andrew Hudson: If you do, I'll wake you.

Griffin Hawkins: So, shall we begin?..

Andrew Hudson: Of course.

He then turns on the tape recorder.

Andrew Hudson: Now..Griffin, a lot has happened since our last meeting. It's been what....ten years since then, wouldn't you say so?

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah, it has.

Andrew Hudson: It's clear to see that you indeed have accomplished so much since our last meeting...your accolades in various organizations are endless. Do you feel accomplished?

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah...I do. I have done things that people told me I would never be able to do. Winning tournaments, titles, I established myself as a big name in the business. When I came to SCW...I had hype about me, I had never gotten that much of a following up until then. Everyone knew who I was. I was thinking...I think I've officially made it.

Andrew Hudson: Did you get that feeling in the previous organization?...

To be quite honest..I hadn't even thought of the old company....EWC....

Griffin Hawkins: ...No. When I came in I had to push my nose to the grindstone. I worked hard and accomplished things while others before me were treated like royalty. The guy I ended up beating for the International Title went on to win the World Title and was given jabronies that my sister could beat to a pulp instead of REAL challengers. I ended up beating him for the International title yet I never received a World Title shot at him. And the girl who took my title was too scared to give me a rematch as the General Manager was just sitting on his hands doing nothing about it. Eventually..I got fired and found my way here.

Andrew Hudson: Why is it so important for you to win the world title?

Griffin Hawkins: That belt itself says you are the best..that nobody can touch you, that you are indeed the best in the world today. People have told me from day one that I don't got what it takes to win the World Title. They said that I was just a gimmick, some loser that's trying to get into music through wrestling. I spent every day since then making them choke on their words..capturing title after title, overcoming obstacle after obstacle proving that I belong. I've been hellbent on silencing doubters who told me that I'm not going to amount to anything.

Andrew Hudson: Well..it is defeating being told from day one that you will never succeed..but who were these people you speak of who told you that?

I take a deep breath...beginning.

Griffin Hawkins: ...Some years ago, before I got my name out there. I was asked to join a faction called Ascended Supremacy. It was a stable that had only the elite in the sport today..led by none other than Jace Parker Davidson. Once I got in, I got successful..but at every turn he'd downplay everything I'd done..everything I wanted to accomplish. I don't know why..maybe he was jealous, maybe he saw me as a threat to him..I don't know. But he would tell anyone who'd listen how pathetic that I was just to build himself up. And when he kicked me out of the group..he thought for sure that I wouldn't amount to anything..like i'd come crawling back to him and his flunkies. But as I look back, I see that the most success I got in my career..was when I walked away from him.

Andrew Hudson: Do you still hear his voice telling you that you're nothing?..

Griffin Hawkins: Sometimes..

Andrew Hudson: Like when you lost your Roulette Title?

Griffin Hawkins: ...Yes.

Andrew Hudson: Well..whatever happened to Jace Parker Davidson?

Griffin Hawkins: He ended up retiring..last thing he ever did was hold the Tag Team Titles...nothing major.

Andrew Hudson: Well that should tell you everything Griffin. If you look around..Jace Parker Davidson is not here, in fact..his name hasn't been spoken by anyone on social media or in wrestling have they?

Griffin Hawkins: Of course not..he's retired.

Andrew Hudson: Exactly..and you're still here. The fact you outlasted him in this sport and still doing what you want to do while he is off in obscurity somewhere says a lot. You're a big name in SCW and various other companies while he's off in retired life. Jace Parker Davidson is ancient history. Nobody remembers him..nobody cares. So his voice should not be in your head.

Griffin Hawkins: Your right....

Andrew Hudson: Now..what does the World Title mean to you...this time around?

Griffin Hawkins: Well...I have been in SCW on and off for the last few years and I have done almost everything, but the only goal that eluded me was the World Title. The last time I was there we had a gutless paper champion who'd often whine and throw a temper tantrum whenever things don't go his way..often ducking threats to his reign.

Andrew Hudson: Would you say this champion is different?

Griffin Hawkins: Well, unlike Calvin Harris...he is a fighting champion and takes on all comers. He's probably the best in the game now...but like Calvin, he's getting cocky. He can put on this facade about how he isn't arrogant and how he's looking forward to a good match...but underneath all that he feels he is invincible. That's why I want to be the one who defeats him.

Andrew Hudson: Do you still want to silence all the doubters?...

Griffin Hawkins: Yes..for every person who didn't believe in me..I give them one last kick in the teeth and show them that I can do it.

Andrew Hudson: Well..don't take this the wrong way Griffin..but if you go in that direction, you've already lost.

Griffin Hawkins: What do you mean?...

Andrew Hudson: You have been doing this longer than anyone I know. Those same people who told you that you don't got what it takes to be a big star..they are no longer around. They should be in your rear view mirror. Anyone who tells you now that you will never be a World Champion obviously don't know you and what you've done to get here today. This guy Ben Jordan seems like a tough one to beat..but somehow if you find a way, you will defeat him. And when you do this..do it for not for the critics..but do it for yourself.

I forgot how much that Andrew had a way with words...and he was righ...If I kept it going like this, I would never be at peace.

Griffin Hawkins: ...I never really thought about it like that. I guess I was so obsessed with what people thought of me...I left out what I thought of me..

Andrew Hudson: Not just you..your family who have been your biggest supporters since day one..the younger athletes who look up to you. They never lost faith in you..and you shouldn't lose faith in yourself.[/colr]

Griffin Hawkins: What if I lose?...

Andrew Hudson: If you lose..you at least lose with no excuses. From what you've told me in the past, you've come back from worse than this. You had a serious drug addiction that nearly killed you..if you can come back from that..you can come back from this and succeed.

Griffin Hawkins: ..I'll do this. For my family and for myself...one way or another I will be a World Champion.

We continued to talk more about everything, the more I talked..the better I felt. For the first time in forever..my head was clear. I know what I had to do..and who I had to do it for.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameras come to my room where I sit on the bed, dressed in black jeans and a Slash T-Shirt.  I continue looking up at the ceiling...just thinking on everything that has gone down in the last few months.

"Here I am once again....another loss on my road to the title. For the last few months things haven't really been going my way. It feels since I lost the Roulette Title it's been one thing after another...as if there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I made my intentions known that I aim for the the World Heavyweight Title...the one belt that has eluded me my entire Sin City Wrestling career. Last week was supposed to be my chance to prove myself to the Champion that I am a threat to him and his reign...but I got pinned. People like Kristopher Ryans...O'Malley, Tony Thorn have been trying to tell me that there is no way I can beat Ben Jordan and take the World Title..."

I slowly rise up, looking to the camera.

"But to them..I say fuck you. You think you're the first people to tell me that I can't do something? I've had bigger..badder..and tougher men like them tell me to my face that I don't got what it takes to ever be a World Champion. But I didn't listen to them. By all means...I'm not supposed to have this shot. But you know what? A lot of things in my life weren't supposed to happen. I'm not supposed to be here in SCW...I'm not supposed to be in the big time. I was supposed to be on the podunk indy circuit with all the never was athletes who never made it. I wasn't supposed to make it big in my career...but I did. Homeless kids were never supposed to climb out of the gutter and make something of themselves..but I did. I wasn't supposed to be a successful wrestler, but I did. I wasn't supposed to win championships and get to the top of every company I've worked for...but I did. I made all this happen...nobody brought me anywhere, nobody handed me anything, I'm here because of hard work. And now..the biggest match of my life stands before me on this very ship...."

My heart is racing a million miles per minute..this was important to me.

"Ben Jordan..he'd rather die than to lose that title to me. He's got more ability than anybody on the planet Earth. So me beating Jordan...it looks impossible doesn't it? Yeah..not gonna lie, it does. But the thing is..I've made a career out of proving people wrong. I've made a life out of making people eat their words. I realize that I am 0 and 2 against Jordan so far...but things like that have never stopped me from achieving what I want to in this business. There is no doubt that Jordan has been a dominant Champion...but come August the second...everything will change. I will go out there, look him in the eye and fight until he is no longer standing.

I crack my knuckles.

"Now..last week Ben, you went on and on about how you don't do social media, you don't do tweet much...blah blah blah...we get that. Nobody's asking you to go on Twitter dude, even though the foundation of Sin City Wrestling's fans is social media..but you do you. You don't do all of that..but you know what I don't do Ben? I don't do what you do. I don't wear fancy suits, I don't go to red carpet parties, I don't hang around with A-List celebrities, and I don't have TMZ on speed dial to let them know when I land in LAX so they can come and film me and ask me stupid questions. You concern yourself with all of that, I concern myself with being the best. Am I social media star? I dunno, maybe I am..but none of that is relevant now in this match..you hob nobbing with celebrities is relevant now. What's relevant now is the richest prize you carry around your shoulder. The one thing everyone wants...the one thing that I plan on leaving the Sun Princess with."

The only thing that's on my mind was the title.

"Eight months..that's how long you have been world champion Ben. You fought like a lion against all comers. You may go down as one of the greatest champions of all time. And me..I'm just a challenger. But you did say one correct thing in your promo Ben..I'm an underdog. And you're right, I am. Though you say it like it's something to be ashamed of. At one point YOU were an underdog...YOU were in my shoes. I never made excuses for myself in the 15 years I've done this. But the fact that you call me an underdog...it sounds like you're a bit worried. Worried that this underdog as you call me can reach up and snatch that title from you. You fear that this underdog could do what Mark Cross, Fenris, Jack Washington and many others have failed to do and beat you for that very title. Yeah..you do got momentum against me, you pinned me on the last Climax, but your best has not kept me down. I am still here...I am still in your face, and I am coming to give you the fight of your life."

I lean forward, looking at the camera.

"Last week you said you wanted the best Griffin Hawkins at Summer XXXtreme. Ben..I don't think you have any idea what you asked for. Sure, you want to face the best version of every athlete that steps in the ring with you...and that is very admirable, I want that for myself as well. But what happens when the best version of that somebody ends up being your undoing? What happens when they end up doing the unthinkable and knocking The Cockney King from his throne? Because that is what I am looking to do. I took your advice from months ago the first time we've battled..oh yeah..that's right, you remember it don't you? Use this loss as a learning experience. It was the Scottish author Samuel Smiles who said...you learn more from failure than success. I've had time to think on it, I've looked at our old matches, and I have seen what needs to be done. Do you have my number? I don't know, I can't tell you...the only way we'll find out is aboard this ship as we fight for our lives."

All I can do is hear the voice of Ben, his words still ringing in my ears from Monday.

"I'm not gonna lie to you Ben...somehow I knew that you were going to beat Jack Washington and retain the SCW World Heavyweight Title. I'm not taking anything away from him, he's a great athlete..but that braying hyena proceeded to bury the majority of the Sin City Wrestling roster in the preview of the card from weeks ago...he was too confident going in, thinking it's a given that he's going to win the title. I'm not like that...I'm not gonna just tell you that beating you will be a breeze and that I am gonna leave with your title...I'm not making the same mistake he made. You may probably think I am cocky and that I act like that I am guaranteed to win the gold aboard this ship. When the fact of the matter is, I realize I'm going into a war. I know that I am facing an uphill battle..but I am coming to lay everything that I am on the line. If it takes destroying myself just to walk out the new Sin City Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion...then so be it."

I slowly get up.

"See Ben..I am not making excuses for last Sunday. I know i lost my match to you. Any other person in my position would blame the loss on their tag partner...but that's not me. Andrea didn't drop the ball..I did. But the loss only makes my resolve stronger just to see you fall. Like many great kings who have fallen in the past...Caesar...Augustus...Claudius...you don't see the one final shot that takes you down. At Summer XXXtreme...your entire Kingdom will crumble at the hands of the Jukebox Hero when I go home with your crown. On this ship..two gladiators will fight for the right to be called the best in the world. Will it be you...will it be me?....sure we can say it will be us...but in that ring...all questions will be answered. See you at Summer XXXtreme."

I lie back as the camera crew leave my room, ending my segment.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:06:36 PM by Griffin Hawkins »
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 08:55:41 AM »
 I've always enjoyed Summer XXXTreme events, always found it unique, done long before any other company thought of doing it. It was always one of those great ones cause you got to make a massive difference to people. How many people can sit there and say they were on a cruise with their fave wrestlers? This even was pretty much a fan based event, you lived amongst them, they loved it, they had a memory or two to last them a lifetime. I know you can argue that it meant wrestlers always had to be on so to speak, but wrestling fans were not stupid, they know a lot of what they see on television is people playing a character. That wasn't the case with me, I am who I am, on TV and off, but this year was weird.

No fans.

Yeah, the crowd continuing to be made up of SCU, GRIME, hotel staff, and family of wrestlers, all obviously used to being around people like us. The vibe would be more than different this year, the boat isn't even leaving the dock because of the no sail order thanks to the pandemic, but still, I was a pro, I will always be a pro...

Well, when I say always, might not always be a mature pro...

The lack of fans has taken a bit of a pressure off us all. You could say this was just like the hotel, except it floats, you're stuck there with rules. You could argue that the deck was akin to the rooftop bar at The Saxon Hotel, but the sea air made everything feel different. The hotel staff helping to run the hospitality side of this event even seemed more relaxed, everyone seemed more relaxed than being at the hotel.

Like the hotel, without the fans, we as wrestlers felt like we was on holiday when realistically, most of us can see where we parked from the top deck.

It felt like we could have some fun and ever since I found out who was in the next room to me and Eves, oh I knew it was gonna be fun. O'Malley tweeted out about his room not long after Donna Beauchamp had released an information sheet about accommodation and I made an off the cuff comment about hoping not to be in the next room. They lovely people at SCU told me that O'Malley's room was in between my own and the room of my long time friend, Max Burke. Max and I had reconnected after his big reveal of being a member of GRIME under a mask. It had been a long time since he and I had hung out before that big reveal, but we picked up where we left off. We brought the best and worst out of each other. Max is a huge draw in the ring, but outside, he's good for a giggle. With O'Malley in the middle of us, it was time for a little fun.

Maybe his olive branch was real, or maybe he was just taking the Mickey out of me with his little tweets about a boys night but the fact is, I lost respect for that git when he couldn't face me and robbed the world of seeing me as a double champion across two companies. What an angle that could have been. It was low and cheap and wasn't for me. Knowing he was next door, I was gonna have fun.

I sat in the hallway of the ship, along where the accommodation was where the champions of SCU, GRIME and of course SCW was staying. My back was against the wall as I sat looking at a door, and a bag to my side. You could easily have mistaken me for being locked out of my own room, or Evie had chucked me out for some reason but I wasn't outside my own room, I was sitting outside the room of O'Malley. The door to the next side of where I was sitting opened and Max Burke appeared from behind the door, a huge portable stereo, one that might have seen in a seventies movie. I watched Max hold the boom box over his shoulder as he shut the door behind him with his free hand. Max nodded towards me and walked over, sliding the boom box off his shoulder and sliding it to the floor. I reached in to the bag and pulled out a bottle of whiskey and two plastic glasses, putting the glasses on the floor, my hand reached around the top of the bottle and I unscrewed the cap. It only took a few seconds to pour a pair of double shots before I reached a glass to Max as he slide down the wall.

"Cheers." He said raising the plastic glass.

"Cheers mate." I responded.

We hit the plastic glasses together and quickly take a sip of the dark liquid.

"Not bad." Max commented.

"Nowhere near your level of decent whiskey." I admitted. "I ain't a whiskey connoisseur, gimme a lager or two and I'm all good."

Max nodded his head at me and looks past me towards the bag, his eyebrow raised.

"And what do we have in the bag today?" He asked.

"Oh just a few things." I replied with a smile. "See I figured that being as you're here, I won't have to worry about you complaining about the noise, but I thought I'd bring along a little something, maybe a pair of things that might get on our neighbours bangers."

I reached in to the bag and pulled out a tennis ball.

"Bit gutted they cancelled Wimbledon." I said with a shrug. "This woulda been a good sporting summer if it wasn't for some bloke and a bat. Thought a football would be overkill, so..."

I throw the tennis ball at O'Malley's door and it bounces back for Max to catch to catch it with one hand. Max throws it back at the door and the ball springs back and I catch it with my left hand. I throw the ball back at the door and Max catches the ball.

"How long do you think it will be before he comes out here?" Max says with a smile.

He bounces the ball back off O'Malley's door and I catch it but the door spins open, to see an irate O'Malley standing behind the door.

"Evening." I said with a wide grin.

O'Malley raised his finger, like he was about to explode, but looked either side between me and Max, Max raising his glass towards O'Malley. O'Malley shakes his head and walks in, slamming the door behind him. I looked towards Max and shrugged.

"I expected him to sit there and put up with it for maybe a couple more throws." I said. "But I'm getting the feeling out Irish buddy there has zero patience today."

Max nodded his head and smiled. He moves the stereo in front of the door.

"Then he's really not gonna like this." Max said, pushing a button down.

Ozzy Osbourne's tones fill the hallway as he screams out the words to Paranoid. I join Max in bopping our heads to the guitar, the handle on the door pulls down again, but this time, Darcy appears. I quickly reach for the volume control and turn it up, but that doesn't stop her from waving her arms around and her mouth flying open before she turned around and slams the door. I turned the music down and looked towards Max.

"I wonder what she wanted old boy." I said in a posh, English tone.

"No idea young man." Max replied in an equally English tone. "Probably wanted us to turn the blasted music up."

"It could very well have been one of her favourite songs of all time." I said with a nod.

Max and I smiled at each other as we drained the glasses and I reached in to the bag and pull out an air horn.

"Now this is gonna break him." I said with a grin.

I held the horn in the air and pressed down, emitting a loud pitched screaming sound. I was right, this was enough to bring a very angry Irishman out of the door.

"For..." He said before I blasted out the air horn again. "Sake!"

"Now that was good timing." Max commented. "The censoring department won't cut that bit out...."

Now this is where you might wanna know what O'Malley was saying. Well you might wanna switch to his promo to find out. Yep, this next part is in his promo so feel free to cut over to that to see what the angry Irishman had to say. You guys are hoping he does an angry leprechaun dance too, right?

Anyway, O'Malley slams the door and I looked at Max.

"Well, that was rude." I said with a mocked sad face.

"So what's the plan now?" Max asked.

"Well, I gotta go grab Sam Marlowe for a cruise tradition." I said. "Meet ya back here in a few hours and we'll wind him up some more?"

Max nodded with a smile and I was back on my feet before you knew it and charging towards Sam Marlowe's room.

Don't worry people, especially you new lot, it was a tradition, every year, me and Sammi have gone and watched the movie under the stars thing. I'm sure you might be wondering what movie it is and maybe what happened. Well, maybe you should watch Sammi's work, cause she might just mention it and you might find out.

The stars had filled the sky above the cruise ship, and the lights from Los Angeles shone brightly, as bright as the sky. It was a beautiful view to see, one of the prettiest you might ever lay your eyes on. There always felt like there was magic in the air when it came to Los Angeles, it was a place people flocked to when they wanted to find themselves on the silver screen, and you could see why. I on the other hand, as much as I liked putting my feet up in front of screen and watch a good story, I would prefer wrestling here than making a movie. Sunday, I get to do that

I stand on the top deck, the SCW World Heavyweight championship over my shoulder as I looked at the still water, lit up by the city lights and the stars, before I tilt my head towards the camera.

"Alright people." I say with a smile.

I felt relaxed and raring to go, I knew this was just gonna fly by.

"How fast have these last couple of weeks gone?" I asked. "It felt like only yesterday we were at Climax Control and I was raising my hand with Evie after beating a pair of contenders and now we're just days away from the hottest event of the summer. Stacked top to bottom with bloody good stuff, championship matches all over the place, this is gonna be insane and it rarely gets much bigger for me than what I gotta do."

I look towards the SCW World Heavyweight championship.

"I won't lie, this match is bloody hot." I state. "Every fan I've run in to, the people who have got in touch on social media have been blowing it up with excitement for this match, especially over the last week. I guess me and Griff actually did a cracking job getting your interest. This is what we wanted, two decent guys, one world title, we wanted eyes on this match so thank you all for putting your peepers on what we're about to do."

As a champion, I have to sell every match like it's the biggest thing people have ever seen. I've had to put my heart and soul in to everything and do what I could to get attention. I've shown up every single week, other people haven't. I've sold everything I possibly can.

"I've heard the term match of the year in waiting banded at me over the last few days and ya know, I can't really argue that at all." I say with an air of confidence. "It's got the potential to be something special, it's got the chance to be incredible if nothing less than one hundred percent goes in to this one and Griffin mate, I dunno about you but I'm going in with nothing less than that. I know this is an event that every fan wants to be at and we know they can't, so each and every one of you on Sunday night sitting there at home, expect nothing less from me than one hundred percent. I wish you could all be here watching what we do, but because you can't be, you have my word on two things. One, I will work harder than I've ever worked and two, I'll walk out with the SCW World Heavyweight Championship."

I was confident, I could feel it, I felt like I could take on the world.

"I mean you can smell a mile away that your confidence seems shot Griffin." I say with a frown. "Why? We all lose matches, we all have rough patches in this sport and the thing is, I don't want that confidence of yours shot, I don't want people to sit there and say I beat you because you're on a slide, cause your confidence is no longer there. I wanna be sitting here knowing you gave it your all. Here's the thing, I'm not invincible, no one is in this sport, we're all a few moves away from counting the lights, from Jason Adams saying stick a fork in them, they're done. We're all human and we all make mistakes at some point or another. We're always prone to make mistakes, and there's a couple you're making right now. You're letting people get in ya lug hole to tell ya that ya not good enough to even be in the position you're in. That's a load of old pony. Yes, I put out open contracts and said anyone can step up and have a row with me if they fancied their chances. I've made no bones about that, but do you really think the bosses woulda let you be where you are without thinking you're worthy? Alright, a Climax Control, they might have shrugged, but a supercard? They woulda been creative and found a way to stop you being in this place. They have confidence in you that you're gonna be a good opponent. Maybe you should have a butchers and see it that way."

I wanted to build him up a bit, not to knock him down, but to get that extra motivation out of him.

"Let me tell ya a story mate." I say with a wag of my finger. "When I won this title, there was a little tosser digging me out on Twitter, someone not in SCW anymore. He sat there saying I didn't deserve it, like it was handed to me. No thought of the fact that I spent years doing what I do. You know why he was acting like a donkey? Cause he, not me, HE let us down in a tag match cause he couldn't count. No other reason and here's the irony. When I won the belt, and I beat Fenris in a defence, I was ready, even short in my run, to give the belt up. I mean where do you go after beating Fenris one on one? I sat there and knew I was gonna show up at the next Climax Control and give the belt up, but he kept digging and you know what I thought? Screw him! I wasn't letting that geezer sit there and ruin my confidence so I went on and I've done alright."

I still don't like that guy for the record but hell, could say he drove me on.

"My point is, he tried to take my confidence." I say seriously. "I refused to let him and here I am now. Don't let anyone take away what you've worked hard to get. Don't let people stop you seeing how good you are, so all those naysayers, they are not worth your time now, or ever."

I wanted him to see that to help make this match of the year.

"I do need to sit there and tell ya a few glaring errors in what you said to or about me last week." I say with a smile. "Would I rather die than you take the title? No man, it's a title. I got a wife, a big house, a pet, money, plane, popular, involved in a lot of charity work. This is a belt."

I'm not saying I don't want the belt or like it, but when you look at every other strand that makes up the rope that is Ben Jordan, the title is a small part of it.

"I'm the champion because I'm great at what I do, but I ain't one of those muppets who think they'll be champion forever." I state. "If you beat me, you beat me, but know I will be looking to be a champion again someday. It's how things work, but dying over a belt? Bit extreme don't ya think? Imagine that on my gravestone. Ben Jordan - left a wife and family behind cause he didn't wanna lose to Griffin Hawkins. Bit much mate."

I couldn't help but smile at that. It wasn't a serious thing, more fun.

"I don't tweet much mate. I don't want people to know me as a social media star." I say honestly. "I don't want to spend twelve hours of my day logged in to a Twitter account. I don't wanna be remembered for that. I wanna be remembered as a great wrestler, as a great champion, as the bloke who would, and have in the past, given the shirt off his back. I don't wanna be known for hob nobbing with celebs, in fact, unless you count wrestlers as celebs, I really don't. I don't go to charity events for the celebs, I got for ya know, the charity."

It's true. I couldn't give a monkeys who was at these events, never been about that.

"It did ring true what you said about me being an underdog at some point." I say thoughtfully. "When I won this belt, I was an underdog but what a statement of intent it was to beat five people then go on and beat the fearful Fenris one on one. See the momentum with me is not just because I beat you, and momentum is what shows the difference between favourites and underdogs, it's what I've done before that. If you take away the fact that O'Malley attacked me from behind and took the SCU Underground title from me, you'll see that I haven't lost in SCW this year. Not once, that's what makes me the favourite here. I don't sit there and see you as the underdog because you're rubbish, it's because the roll I'm on, but I'm not a mug, I see underdogs have their day."

Like he said, I was the underdog once.

"Of course I want the best you Griffin, and I know exactly what I've asked for." I say seriously. "Me and you, we got a lot to live up to. We got all those fans excited, without the best you in that ring, they're walking away disappointed and either my run as a champion goes flat, or your start of yours starts on a low note. This needs to be epic regardless who walks out with the belt and I ain't gonna get epic if you're unmotivated or not bringing your best. It shows that I have the ultimate confidence in myself that I can walk out with the belt even with you at your best. I'm glad you knew I was gonna beat Jack Washington, but that's a little disrespectful to the kid. He is good man, probably the best young talent SCW has and I reckon done enough to get the next shot at this belt regardless who's that champion. Jack was a challenge, a big one and you need to be different to get what you want here. I hope you got it in ya to give me a different kinda challenge."

I really hope he did, would make things more interesting.

"The more I listened to you, I kinda felt you was begrudgingly giving me a little respect." I comment with a frown. "I hope it was genuine Griffin. I hope it was meant, because you can see what I'm like in the ring. I worked hard enough to earn your respect and everyone else's. I want a match of the year Griffin, I really hope you're gonna give it to me."

The fans were probably hoping for it too.

"But for now, it's time for me to go." I say with nod. "I wish you all the best Griffin, but I won't be going down without a fight. I'll catch ya Sunday mate."

I wink down the camera.

"Laters people."

And there we have it, another one in the books. I hope you lot will all be joining us for Summer XXXTreme VIII. SCW don't do bad shows, so this one will be no different.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 11:32:54 PM »

I figured I enjoy myself on the cruise since I was going to be on here for the next few days. I decide to head down to the bar and get myself a drink..nothing too heavy. I walked in, seeing a few wrestlers and other fans on the roster sitting at tables wearing their mask as they sat in certain seats. I walk up to the bar, sitting on one of the stools.

Griffin Hawkins: One beer.

The bartender nods, pouring me a beer in a glass. Before I can even put my mouth to it..a familiar..yet annoying person comes over and sits by me.

Gideon Blackwell: Well, look who's here in this interesting place.

I did not want him to be here. I quietly..but angrily spoke to him.

Griffin Hawkins: ....What the fuck are you doing here?!

Gideon Blackwell: Getting a drink...why else would I be here?

Griffin Hawkins: Have you lost your mind?!

Gideon Blackwell: What crawled up your arse today? If I wanted someone to bitch at me, I'd go hang with Marquis.

Griffin Hawkins: You're not supposed to be here...how did you even get on this cruise in the first place?

Gideon Blackwell: I snuck in with someones luggage..some of your mates are into some freaky stuff...

Griffin Hawkins: That STILL doesn't explain how you're here..you weren't even invited on this cruise.

Gideon Blackwell: Well..the sign says open to all...

Griffin Hawkins: I told the boss that sign would come back to haunt him...

Gideon Blackwell: Barkeep! Get me a Scotch on the rocks.

He nods to him and goes to pour a drink.

Griffin Hawkins: Okay..you came all the way here, its obvious it's something important..or you're just here to annoy me.

Gideon Blackwell: Why can't it be both?

Griffin Hawkins: Look..if you're just here to be a pain in my ass, I think I'm gonna head back to my room.

I go to leave but he stops me.

Gideon Blackwell: Alright alright...if you're gonna be a little girl about it, I'll tell you. I did some digging about where that Clancy Foster fellow works...his base of operations is in New York City.

Griffin Hawkins: Heh..if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere, especially if you're a scumbag like him.

Gideon Blackwell: So what's the plan?

Griffin Hawkins: I'm gonna look to see if I can set up a meeting with him...get me and my band a deal, then I do some digging and see what he's up to.

Gideon Blackwell: Wow..that's a genius plan...wish I thought of it...

Griffin Hawkins: Oh, I don't see you coming up with any better ideas Columbo.

Gideon Blackwell: No..but I know that place is gonna be crawling with security. And let's say you do get caught, then what happens to you? You never seen this cult up close, they'll do things to you that not even Stephen King could dream of. When they carve you like a Christmas Turkey, then what are you going to do?

I hated to admit it..but he was right. That freak probably has cult members all over the place.

Griffin Hawkins: Okay, then what do you suggest I do?

Gideon Blackwell: You keep big shot boss man busy while I do some digging around.

Griffin Hawkins: You? But you could get killed.

Gideon Blackwell: I didn't know you cared..

Griffin Hawkins: I don't. I just don't want you blowing our cover. When they find you, they'll kill both of us.

Gideon Blackwell: You think this is the first time I infiltrated a group? Come on..I'm the best option you have. After all..you can't get interviewed by Foster and go digging for connections at the same time...this is the only way.

Griffin Hawkins: Fine..you're in. But for Christ sake, try not to get caught..

Gideon Blackwell: Hey, no one on here recognizes me, if I can slip in on here, I can slip in anywhere. Right now, I think I'm gonna go venture into the night. Later days Bon Jovi!

He gives me a pat on the back before leaving the bar. At least there was a fool proof plan for Foster...somewhat. But I hoped to God that Gideon would not get caught...

-----------------------------------------

A little bit later I decide to take a walk alongside the ship, just looking at the night sky. I gotta admit, it does look beautiful out here tonight. I then notice someone on the far end of the boat looking out at the sea as the moon shines on the Sun Princess. I walk over, recognizing the man.

Griffin Hawkins: Hey..

The man turns to me as I see his face, confirming my gut feeling over who it was.

Austin James Mercer: Oh hey...I figured you'd be off in the bar singing Journey's Don't Stop Believing on Karaoke.

I can't help but laugh, he knew me well.

Griffin Hawkins: I think after I get a few beers in me, I'll be belting out some tunes that'll make Madonna roll over in her grave....and she's not even dead.

Austin James Mercer: I'll be sure to record it on my phone and post it on Youtube..I'm sure your family and friends at home will enjoy your drunken antics.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh yeah..look forward to that. So..what brings you out here?

Austin James Mercer: Just taking in the night air...knowing in a matter of hours I'm about to be in for my toughest title defense yet.

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah, you got a hard night ahead of you. Been in the ring with Vinnie, that dude is no pussycat.

Austin James Mercer: Yeah...but he wants my gold. I'm gonna show the world why I am the Internet Champion, and why this clown is just another dime a dozen comedy act.

Griffin Hawkins: Good luck to you man.

Austin James Mercer: Hey..let's not forget about you, you're facing the World Champion Ben Jordan...that's gonna be a hell of a match, you may have what it takes to win the gold.

Griffin Hawkins: ...You know, it's weird.

Austin James Mercer: What's weird?

Griffin Hawkins: You're actually the first cat to come up to me and wish me luck. The last few months I've had guys like Kris Ryans, Tony Thorn, and O'Malley tell me that I don't got what it takes to beat the Champion.

Austin James Mercer: Don't tell me you're gonna let those clowns get to you.

Griffin Hawkins: What? No of course not..

Austin James Mercer:  Good, because what they think don't matter..I mean when was the last time you saw Thorn hold a title here? Exactly.

Griffin Hawkins: I guess you got a good point...

Austin James Mercer: I know I do. The same ones who told you that you can't win the title are only saying it out of insecurity of their own abilities. If their opinion mattered, it'd be them in the main event.

Griffin Hawkins: Well..to be fair..all I did was answer an open challenge.

Austin James Mercer: Yeah..but you're the only one who did answer it. None of them had the balls to take the challenge because they are afraid of getting shown up. You..you're different. I've been in the ring with you twice..and one of those times I was the World Champion. I've beaten you on both occasions...but you just picked yourself back up and you continued your quest for the gold.

Griffin Hawkins: Well yeah, of course I did.

Austin James Mercer: Also..you've been on a slump as of late...but you didn't make any excuses for it, you took it all on the chin and decided to make an all or nothing shot for the title, knowing this could be your last.

Griffin Hawkins: I want that title more than anything..

Austin James Mercer: Then go out there and prove it. Ben Jordan has been a good Champion...but he can be defeated, you just have to find a way.

Griffin Hawkins: Somehow I will..but thank you for the words of encouragement. I guess I needed that.

Austin James Mercer: No problem..just don't let anyone tell you you can't win the big one. You have many times before, and I don't see why now would be any different.

Griffin Hawkins: Guess we'll have to see Sunday..good luck in your match.

Austin James Mercer: Same to you.

I give him a nod before walking away from him. It felt good to have at least someone on my side in my quest for the title. I just hoped that I was able to do the impossible and win the biggest prize in SCW.

-----------------------------------------

Cameras come to the Ship...I'm looking out at the sea, thinking on the big main event that's to come..knowing that this may be my only and final chance at the World Heavyweight Title. I begin to speak.

"Things aren't right with the world. In times like this...we're all afraid if we're gonna see tomorrow or not. With the Corona Virus that's infected this country, we're all trying to pull together. We will all pull through, we will all be okay as long as we continue fighting. I've been fighting for what I've wanted ever since I was a child...no matter what came my way, I didn't back down..and I didn't give up. So why am I in this match? Because I want the belt that I've wanted ever since the day I signed my name on the dotted line of Sin City Wrestling. I said from the beginning that I would fight my way to the top...I wouldn't politic or suck up to the boss to get what I want...I would earn it. I look at Ben Jordan..and I see the biggest obstacle that I ever came across in my life. And while I've been knocked down by him twice now...I'm still up. I'm still right in his face. Ben Jordan has run roughshod over the Sin City Wrestling roster...and I think it's time for a change. It's time for a new King to ascend the throne."

I lean on the railing, looking out at the sea before I look back at the camera.

"You spoke about how you feel bad that you're pushing me towards retirement. Are you kidding buddy? I think you've been sipping too much champagne. You know how long I've been doing this? Next month will be 16 years. You have no idea how many people have tried to retire me and send me back home. You think you're the first to try and put the Rock Soldier out of business? Don't get too big for your loafers brit boy. The only way I go out is in a pine box...nobody is gonna retire me. When I came back to Sin City, I promised myself that the next time I leave..it's gonna be on my terms. Nobody is gonna run me out..not even you. This is something that I have been dreaming about since I was a little kid..and you want to try and make a joke out of it? That's disrespectful. If you want to retire after you lose the title...that's on you. Go live on an exotic island with your wife. But me..I'm always going to be here, I'm not gonna be like Jack Russow or Jake Raab or Travis Levitt who took their ball and went home when they realized they couldn't cut it here. I'm here to stay whether you or anybody likes it or not."

I had made my mind up about staying, that was the truth.

"You said that if I did win..I'd go straight to social media...no respect for everything you've done. Wow..for a minute there I thought I was talking to Kristopher Ryans. What you are right about is this..Yes, I'd go straight to social media. It's where us wrestlers on the roster and the company altogether built ourselves up and established ourselves as a brand. But as for respect...what a short term memory you have. Because it was last year when I defeated Teddy Warren Steele and recaptured the Roulette Title...and I also gave him props for putting up a serious fight, telling him anytime he wants a rematch, he's got it. Even though at the time he was acting like the world's biggest scumbag...I gave him respect, and he gave it right back and told me to enjoy my title reign. Each time I've won a title in my career, I give the person who I took it from props..because that's what a true champion does. I don't think you know what the meaning of respect is Benny Boy. When I walk in a locker room, whether it be SCW or anywhere else..all those men and women show me respect. They show me respect because in turn...I show them respect. Whether I wrestled against them here in the past or fought them in previous organizations...we have a mutual respect. If I do win that title, I'll give you your due, because you've been an impressive world champion..possibly the best one we've had in a long time...but if necessary, I'll beat the respect out of you."

I lean back on the railings, laser focused as I've ever been in a long time.

"We got more in common than you think Ben. I know what it's like to be a dominant champion...I wasn't just a dominant Roulette Champion, but in a place called EWC, I was the longest running Television Champion..491 days, a record nobody has been able to beat since. Like you...I faced all comers when I was Roulette Champion. But in reigns like this...you never see the one shot that takes you down, that ends your long and historic reign. I didn't see it...and chances are you might not see it. Right now, you're riding high with your reign, but at any time someone like me can come up and snatch it...ending everything you've ever worked for. You never know when the next guy will be the one. I didn't see it coming when Jack Russow came along and I paid for that. But will the same be said for you?"

Honestly, I did want to be the one who beat The Cockney King.

"See, despite what you may think, I have done my homework on you Ben. I've watched you since the very first time I got here. Hell, even when that little punk bitch Steve Ramone kept getting involved in my business, I kept looking at you. And it's true, you have come a long way..I saw all the challengers who came your way looking to take that title. I can see why many would think I got no chance to beat you...because look at the bodies that you've left behind in your reign as champion...Jake Raab, Mark Cross, Jack Washington, Fenris, O'Malley....the list goes on and on. Those are all tough opponents. Some would say that I'll be just another body thrown onto the pile. But I didn't come all this way just to give up and turn back. I'm here on this ship to fight for what I've wanted for years now, and I want to take it. So Ben, you can spend all the time left you have with that belt, because Sunday there will be a changing of the guard aboard this ship."

I pace a little bit as I continue talking.

"It's no surprise that you're bragging about the tag match you won. That's exactly what I was talking about. That belt has gone to your head..it's making you more arrogant and cocky, believing just because you pinned me in a singles match and a tag match, that it's a forgone conclusion that you're gonna pin me again. That's actually a good thing...keep that way of thinking Ben. Because the fall you experience is gonna hurt even more after I either pin you...or make you submit in that very ring. See, I never said I was invincible. I never said I was unbeatable. I don't come out and say that nobody can beat me, nobody can touch me. But when it looks like I'm down...I always find a way to rise above and get the victory. You may think you have my number now...but I am looking to right all the wrongs when I become World Heavyweight Champion by defeating you."

It was no lie things weren't going my way..but I was looking to change that.

"Now many are wondering what kind of World Champion would Griffin Hawkins make? How will SCW be with me as the face of the company? Well honest truth..I'd be a fighting Champion. I would never duck anybody who wants a shot. Not just that, I want to represent everyone out there who was told to their face that they can't do it..that they can never rise from the bottom and work their way up. Because I was told to my face that I'd never make it at this point and time, yet I did. But somewhere out there, someone is looking to follow their dream and they are being told the same thing I've been told my whole life. For all this to happen, I have to do what many say is impossible and slay the Cockney King and knock him off his throne. I realize that's not going to be an easy feat, I realize it's going to be the hardest battle I've ever fought in my career, but the one thing that will make it worth it in the end is when my name goes down in history along with all the legends who held that very title.

I take one long look into the camera.

"I get that you want to hold that title for a year Ben..I've been there. I know what it's like to hold a belt for that long..but along the way something can change. In this business...sometimes things don't go as you planned. All I got left now is determination..the will...the desire to be World Champion. And while you have been a fighting champion since winning the thing in December...this may be the date where it all ends. I said before that it's not enough for me to be happy to be back in Sin City Wrestling, I want to be on top. I've already captured the Internet Title...the Roulette Title...now I go for the one belt I've never won in Sin City. See..despite how this looks, I do respect you. I respect all that you've done here in SCW...all the Championships you've won here, and all the accolades you've earned in previous companies. But this is something that's bigger than you and me. When the bell rings, we're gonna rock this boat as we do everything to walk out the Champion. So Ben...all I gotta say to you is have a good weekend...because Sunday, you're gonna get rocked."

I go back to looking out at the sea as the camera crew turn everything off and leave.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)