Author Topic: Who is Brandon Sludge?  (Read 458 times)

Offline Char Kwan

• Enter The Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Char Kwan
Who is Brandon Sludge?
« on: July 17, 2020, 05:59:24 PM »

WHO IS BRANDON SLUDGE?

<p align=right>Life in between wrestling
Off Camera

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. That’s what Brandon Saunders had thought before joining the wrestling business. He had dabbled in amateur wrestling throughout his early twenties after graduating from high school. He did fairly well as he racked up multiple national and international world championships. He almost made it to the olympics until his passion for wrestling had slowed due to becoming bored with the mundane. Brandon thought long and hard about what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. So he made the decision to follow his second passion in life which happened to be weightlifting and powerlifting. Brandon had become a household name after winning several strongman competitions. Eventually, this would lead into his first career of bodybuilding.

Brandon and his wife Zelda had traveled all over the world as he pursued his passion of becoming the best bodybuilder in the world. Zelda knew that this was just going to be a fleeting moment since Brandon has constantly been watching his best friend and ex-girlfriend Daniela Rodgers competing on the independent wrestling circuit. He could feel his passion for wrestling building back up as he continued to compete in strongman competitions. One day in 2013, Brandon was just pulling out of the Dickey-Stephens Park when his wife Zelda blurts out one single question.

“Are you sure this is what you want to do with your life?”

That question lingers in the air for at least a minute until he tilts his head slightly to the left while keeping his eyes on the road. He answers with “Why?” Zelda shakes her knowing that her husband is trying very hard to avoid the question. “I know you don’t want to be a bodybuilder for the rest of your life. I know that you miss throwing people around like they are rag dolls,” she says in response to his question. Brandon doesn’t say a single word as he drives down the road. Silence fills the car for at least an hour until “I don’t know,” bellows out from Brandon’s voice. Zelda places her hand onto her husband’s shoulder.

“I will support you in whatever you want to do,” she says wholeheartedly as Brandon takes a deep breath. “I think my passion for wrestling never went away. I think it just went dormant due to my lack of motivation to stick with the sport,” he explains as his wife just listens. “I should give Coach Bliss a call and see if he could schedule me in for some training,” he adds as his wife smiles. She knew in her heart that her husband was the happiest inside a wrestling ring.  

<p align=right>Before signing with Sin City Wrestling
Off Camera

In the summer of 2014, Brandon Saunders had been training for months. He had started to show signs of improving as Coach Bliss was watching from the gym floor. Brandon had passed each test with flying colors and was moving onto sparring with another trainee. Brandon and his fellow trainee were having a practice match when the doors to the gym opened up. The little bell above the door jingles as Coach Bliss looks over his shoulder. A slight smile appears across his lips as he keeps watching his two students show him what they have learned. “Watch those fists Brandon,” Coach Bliss warns him as the individual crosses the floor as Coach looks over his shoulder again.
“Welcome back Danni,” he says without moving his eyes from the ring. “Thanks Coach,” she says while looking at the ring. “How’s he doing?” she asks with a curious tone in her voice. Coach Bliss doesn’t answer right away as Brandon hits a back body drop on his training partner. “He is making great strides. It’s almost like he never left,” Coach Bliss finally answers as Danni nods her head. Danni recalls the few times she and Brandon had teamed up before he left for personal reasons. “Do you think he is ready? She asks Coach Bliss.

“Give him a few more years and he will be ready,” he answers her.

A few years later, Danni and Brandon started competing together on the independent circuit. They had become quite the tandem. Every now and then, Brandon would branch out on his own and do fairly well for himself. When Daniela signed with Sin City Underground, Brandon continued to wrestle on his own. He was building quite a legacy for himself. However on the last day of 2019, that is when everything changed for him. Daniela calls him and asks if he was interested in resurrecting their team. He didn’t have to say a word as Daniela had already known the answer. When they debuted earlier this year, Daniela and Brandon made quite an impression on the bosses.

<p align=right>After Signing with Sin City Wrestling

Since signing with Sin City Wrestling, Brandon had only been in tag team matches. only been in tag team matches. Brandon had no idea that he would finally get a chance to showcase what he can do on his own. This Sunday on Climax Control, Brandon will be getting his opportunity to show the world why he is just as good on his own as he is with the Trenton Tigers. With Covid 19 still causing havoc in the United States, Brandon has decided to video tape his promo from inside his hotel room.

Hello Sin City Wrestling, this is Brandon Sludge from the Trenton Tigers. I can’t even begin to express how excited I am about getting my first solo match on Climax Control. I mean ever since I signed with this promotion, I thought I would just be stuck in the tag team division. Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy being in the tag team division. I love teaming with Char and Daniela but there are times I enjoy wrestling on my own. Thanks to Christian Underwood and Mark Ward, I get my opportunity to prove myself.

My opponent, O’Malley, is one of the most talented superstars on the entire roster. He is a former SCU Champion and has had some success on the main roster. Although, recently he has been on quite a skid but I’m sure he will find his way out of it. However, I am also on a skid since I haven’t won a match since beating Malachi and Bella Madison. It’s been quite difficult knowing that you can out power everyone but still come up short.

I know that I do tend to underestimate my opponent but I will not make that mistake again. O’Malley is the kind of superstar who can take control when giving the opportunity so I must limit those chances. I must showcase my strength. I must use my high in ring intelligence to thwart everything he might throw at me. I know he is probably desperate for a win which means he is going to be entering this match with a lot of emotion built up. I, myself, have some pent up aggression but I must channel it.

O’Malley had better not overlook me because it would prove a massive mistake on his part. I know that he is highly skilled on the ground but so am I. I am a world class amateur wrestler who has an immense amount of power. I am a suplex machine. My power knows no boundaries. I know my speed is questionable but make no mistake. I will lead with my head and not my feet. I sure hope O’Malley is ready for me. I hope he doesn’t let Darcy talk him into doing something stupid against me. If he thinks of matching me strength for strength then he will be in for a very rough night. I really hope he doesn’t follow the same narrative that everyone uses against me. I am well aware that I will never win a beauty contest. I know that I am not the most attractive male on the roster but that’s not who I am. I can be your worst nightmare. I know you are looking for a win but so am I.

I have this feeling that O’Malley is going to question my passion. My passion is overflowing from my body that I can’t even contain it. I bleed for this business and I will continue to bleed for this business. I’m more than ready to shut him up for good. O’Malley will be another victim who will fall to the Sludge. So O’Malley, bring everything you got and gather all the lucky charms you can find. Because that is the only way you can get past me.

I am focused on hurting you. I am determined to make you regret asking for a match with me. I am out to prove that I belong in Sin City Wrestling. It’s time for the Sludge-O-Rama. See you on Sunday.