Author Topic: Tune up  (Read 534 times)

Offline Alicia Lukas

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Alicia Lukas
Tune up
« on: July 10, 2020, 05:33:04 AM »

Climax Control 271, Las Vegas Nevada. Backstage.
June 21st 2020

The tag team match was over. Roxi Johnsons music was playing. Alicia Lukas walked through the makeshift backstage area. Her hands were shaking as she struggled to hold back the anger and frustration she felt. This was her moment, her chance to get a shot at the title she always felt was hers. Sweat poured from her body and her long blond hair stuck to her shoulders and back. Her chest heaved, she felt as if her ears were blocked, all of her senses muted down.

Except one. Touch.

She felt the air conditioner blowing cold air down on her skill, it moved around her shoulders and down her arms causing goosebumps to appear. Each footstep moved her further away from the black curtain that separated the ring and the cameras from the rest of the gym and hotel. She tore off her wrist tape, she tossed it aside and shoved over a chair sitting in her way. ”FUCK”

The expletive echoed around as the crash of the metal chair hitting a wall seemed to blow out at the same time. People scattered, her hands found her hips and she paced back and forth. Alex found her, turning around a corner, dressed in street clothes, his hands reaching out around her shoulders. ”Hey….it’s ok...it’s ok” He knew she was angry, he knew what that meant for her. The hard work she had put in, the hours of rehab, the pain and sacrifice. Alicia took a few deep breaths trying to focus.

Alex gave a nod, he tried to show that he understood, that he got it. Alicia’s hands shook and moved up to her face. ”I can’t..I...it was right there. It was in my hands. I don’t care if I lose, I don’t, then it’s on me..but this?..this way?” Her jaw clenched together, Alex went to say something, Alicia just didn’t want to hear it. ”I want to go home...I want to see Michael..my boys...I’ll call you in a few days...I..I can’t”

She backed away, her eyes burning, her body shaking. She stormed away moving fast. Alex shook his head and ran a hand through his hair before looking over to see Mark Ward. He ground his teeth together and walked towards him.

New York City
New Year’s Eve 2017  

“Ali?” Michaels voice went through the hallway as he stood in a black tuxedo. His wavy brown hair framing his handsome features as his trimmed beard curled around his lips that moved into a nervous smile. His deep brown eyes darted back and forth as he waited near the door of their home. There was still no answer as he laughed to himself hearing a few crashing noises in the bathroom. “Alicia are you alright?” His voice was a little louder, but still soft and calm, only a hint of a wavering nervous energy underneath.  

“I’m fine!, sorry!..” Alicia seemed out of breath as the door opened and she stepped out. Her hair was done up and to one side, her makeup showcased her big blue eyes and her soft pouty lips that were covered in a red lipstick that matches her dress. A long flowing strapless gown with a slit up one side, black high heeled shoes made small clicking noises as they touched the hardwood floor of the hallway leading out.

Michael stood in awe, his jaw dropped as his eyebrows raised. Alicia looked down making sure her dress was straight, her black handbag finding her right hand as she looked up to find her speechless boyfriend.  “Is, is there something wrong?” Alicia panicked for a moment, her hands shaking a little as Michael seemed to snap out of it, he laughed to himself and leaning in close kissing her lips softly, as he pulled back Alicia blushed and let out a deep breath realising it was all fine.
>“Nothing could ever be more right than seeing you right now. You’re gorgeous Alicia.” She looked down and bit her lip squeezing his hand. She cleared her throat and looked at the door.

“We should probably get going….we have a party to attend and clients of yours to wow…” Michael laughed again and moved his hand lightly across her cheek.  

“I think them seeing you in that dress will wow them way more than any boring business proposals I could have.” She made a face and giggled under her breath as she kept his hand in hers and went for the door, Michael’s hand slid into his pocket and he stopped causing Alicia to slowly turn around.

She tilted her head and smiled slightly looking at his pale face. “What is it?” He took a deep breath and squeezed something in his pocket before looking down at Ali. The light moved and danced in her eyes as he stepped closer.  

“I was going to do this later.” He swallowed hard and kissed her again, this time with even more passion and love, Alicia melted in his arms as his right hand moved down her bare shoulder. “I was going to do this as the clock struck midnight, in front of a lot of people. But this moment...I want it to be just ours…” Alicia shook a little as the butterflies rose in her stomach, her heart raced and felt as if it was going to burst from her chest as it heaved up and down. Michael slowly dropped to one knee and slid his left hand from his pocket holding a small black and red ring box.  

Alicia took a sharp breath in as she tried to keep it together, Michael looked up as his hands shook and his eyes stared right into hers almost looking into her heart. He pulled the top of the box open revealing a beautiful white gold diamond engagement ring. Alicia swallowed hard and made a small squeaking noise as Michael tried to keep his voice strong. “Violet Maxwell.” She didn’t even flinch at him using her birth name, others said it in mocking tones with venom designed to make her angry. Michael said it with love and affection.  

“You and I have been through a journey, we found each other and you repaired me just as much as I did you…” He paused for a moment rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb, a small chuckle coming from deep down as Alicia started struggled not to cry. “But the journey has only just started, and I want you by my side for all of it. The ups and downs, highs and lows...Violet...will you marry me?”

The words were barely out of Michael’s mouth as Alicia blurted out her answer “YES!”  Michael stood up and Alicia wrapped her arms around his neck, he laughed again and pushed the ring on her finger, Alicia kissed him over and over again before taking a deep breath to calm down. A beep is heard as Michael turned to look outside as the large black car that sat out front, he gave a small nod grabbing Alicia’s jacket sliding it on leading her out the door.

”The Tune Up”

It had been a few weeks. Two episodes of Sin City Wrestlings Climax Control had come and gone without Alicia Lukas on them. Since returning to the company following her injury Alicia had been on a roll, she had been in high profile matches showing just how good she could be, just how determined she was. But, last time she was seen in an SCW six sided ring, she lost. And boy...was she pissed about it.

Alicia sighed heavily, she was in black and pink running shoes, black work out shorts and a pink top, her hair was tied back from her face as she sat on the end of a weight bench in an empty gym. Her phone sitting ahead of her with the record function on. This had been the third time she had tried to start her promo, the first two had been deleted quickly as they just didn’t feel “right”. She was second guessing herself. Overthinking something that, for years, had been as natural as breathing.

”So, I’ve had a few weeks to sit and think, to calm myself down and refocus. Last time you all saw me, I was teaming with Andrea Hernandez to face Christina Rose and Roxi Johnson, it was a match that had people salivating. Roxi and myself in the ring again, Roxi teaming with Christina, Andrea and I teaming together. It was something that so many wanted to see. And, for the most part I believe the match lived up to the hype. Some of the best in ring competitors in SCW..and Christina Rose...going at it. But then, the issues started. Andrea and I looked like we had the upper hand, we looked like we were going to somehow work together and co-exist…”

“Only to have an error pressed against us. And, to be clear, I don’t blame the referee for not counting the pinfall on the illegal opponent. Rules should be followed. And I get that. But, then, not two minutes later Andrea and I lost because of the same reasons. Andrea got pinned, not me. And I was the legal member on our team. So why...WHY...is it that we got screwed over in such a way?. Why did Andrea get pinned and beaten?”

“I’m not one to complain. Most of the time I will just let it roll off my back, but this loss. This loss was bullshit.”

“I walked from the ring, away from the cameras and to the locker room area where I let the anger get to me. I turned it inward and it ate me alive. Now, losses in professional wrestling happen. We all know it. We all learn to accept it. If I get beaten in a fair fight, one on one or even in a hellacious match like the one I lost my title in, I can accept that. It’s something that happens, something I can learn from and get better from.”

She pauses and grits her teeth, the black spot in her stomach welling up as Alicia feels the anger build again. But a slow deep breath and a roll of the neck slowly pushes it away.

”Losses like that though, that were taken out of my control and were because of referee and partner error, well...they get to me. So I went home. I walked out, I turned off my phone and was barely active on social media and I didn’t even train with the other members of wolfslair. I needed time. But then, the phone rang. And I was informed that due to my return and what I had accomplished Andrea and I would be in a triple threat match with Evie Jordan for the Sin City Wrestling Bombshells title at Summer XXXtreme. Now, they didn’t outright say it, but part of me thinks this was their way of making the referee ineptitude better. This was an apology.”

“Andrea deserved a rematch, Evie is a great champion. But I had been on a roll since coming back. And at Climax control this week, well it will be no different. See, I will be getting in the ring with a woman who has been talked about a lot in my absence. “

“Myra Rivers.”

“Congratulations on getting to the main event Myra. You’re welcome. Now, lets see what you do with it. Cause, honestly, you’ve made quite a splash in SCW haven’t you? Three matches, three matches and you’ve been rather, impressive in them. See, a lesser woman would focus on the fact you’re only three matches in, a lesser woman would focus on your loss to Bobbie Dahl. And yeah, I bet that was embarrassing to lose to a woman who quit after I humbled her, but...I’d rather focus on your wins…”

“See, you didn’t just fade away after losing to Bobbie. You bounced back.”

“You came into SCW and beat Bella Madison, and I know Bella’s record doesn’t reflect it, but she’s a damn talented girl. She had heart, she had soul. She could be a mixed tag team champion, she could be an internet or roulette champion. And you put her down in your debut. Some would shrug at that...but not me Myra. Cause, I’m not stupid…”

Alicia smirks and pushes to her feet, she pops open her waterbottle and squeezes some of the Legion Energy into her mouth, not a sponsor, I’m just a fan. She pops the top and puts it back down clearing her throat.

”Then, when you faced Bobbie you got caught up in it, you lost and that could have started a downward spiral. Especially since you got booked against Amber Ryan. And that Myra, that is when you went from a possible threat, to a bonafide one. Almost everyone looked at Amber Ryan and were salivating at the thought of Amber making a run at the top, at matches against me, Roxi, Evie and Andrea. They were already planning ahead without you even in the conversation. Nah Myra, in their eyes, you were just a statistic, a tune up match for someone who was set to be the next big thing in SCW and you went and pissed on her parade..”

“That, that got my attention. That made me stand up and take notice. See, not only had you bounced back from a loss, you bounced back by beating a fucking champion. And then, this match was announced and booked with me having a title opportunity on the horizon. You have been put in an equally good and bad situation. On the one hand, you have me at a time when I am dangerous. Coming off a loss in a match that I felt cheated out of, a title opportunity I have to prepare for. And you being someone I have kept my eyes on. The struggle is real for you at 274. Then again...what do you have to gain hmm?”

“You lose to me, and you get another strike in the L column, but it’s a loss to me. You win, think of the notoriety. You could turn that into a title shot after the triple threat. You could spoil my partner like you did Ambers.”

“A win or even, a l0oss but a good showing against me gets you somewhere in this company. Just ask Andrea Hernandez and Evie Jordan, I beat both of them before they became the SCW Bombshells champion, shit even Roxi Johnson got beaten by me before she rose up to reclaim the title she had held years prior. But, I’m someone that is completely different from others you’ve faced in SCW..”

Alicia leans in, her smile fading into a cold emotionless look. Even her voice, usually shining with personality and inflection with her Georgian accent now more monotone.

”Bella was a great up and coming star, talented but still alot to work on, Bobbie is an unpredictable beast who can get in your head and Amber is a legend in other companies that you caught because she underestimated you. A mistake I won’t make Myra. I play mental games to but unlike Bobbie, everything I say comes with legitimacy because of my three hundred days as the goddamn foundation of the bombshells division. And, I’m far from an up and coming star like Bella Madison…”

“Myra, I am the fucking boogieman of the bombshells division.”

“People look at me and they know what I am, who I am. People talk a big game against me and get flattened because every word they say is a fallacy. Roxi Johnson talked herself out of a win when she returned. Christina Rose never believed what she said about me and never beat me, same with Kate Steele, the woman who asked me to “bury” you. They never got it, they never believed they could beat me and as a result lost. You need to reconcile that, you need to step up and be the opposition we all ned. Reach that next level.”

“Give me the fight I want Myra, show me how good I know you can be...and be more than just a tune up…”